Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2010 12:21 AM

Jul 2009
me too i miss the OP/ED hahaha... but it's ok. as long durara!!! continue... yehey!!!
Apr 10, 2010 1:08 AM

Jul 2008
new op and ed; so even celty gets afraid of the cops. looks like the new problem is the slasher, whoever that is
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 10, 2010 1:28 AM
Jul 2009
that's quite a jump in time. can't wait to see what happens next week.
Apr 10, 2010 2:03 AM

Feb 2008
Is it odd that the thing I'm most curious about is that Izaya's game board is down to three pieces. I'm not surprised that Izaya can speak Russian but I was surprised to see that Simon had a pretty clear understanding of what Izaya was up to and was rather serious about it.
I expect the slasher bit to be interesting at the very least.
Apr 10, 2010 2:20 AM

Mar 2009
... o.O what WAS izaya up to?? >.<
Apr 10, 2010 2:26 AM

Jun 2009
Mika and Seiji aren't a cute couple and never will be. I expect them to make a suicide pact one day and everyone they knew wouldn't be surprised to hear about their fate...

Great episode though. I totally forgot about the red-eyed slasher! Even though I felt the show could have easily have ended at 12 episodes, I'm glad there is still more of a story to tell.

And I wish Shizuo would break that jerk cop's face with his mighty Superman fist!
Apr 10, 2010 4:33 AM

Nov 2007
loved the three yellow scarves picking on shinra's old man. (they are in the ending theme as well :D)

hated the three bitches picking on anri. serves them right.

but the cop remains the badass of the day /me kills.

best remains Celty's kawaii-ness <3

side notes: So.ra.no.wo.to premieres and Nogizaka Haruka's secret revealed.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 10, 2010 4:52 AM

Jul 2007
Did Izaya just use キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!! in the chat??
my brain is a little broken XDDD

I missed this show O:

I liked the first op way better but the new one is nice (a little too slow). But I love the new ed more than trust me.

Anyway nice ep, finally a bit more on Kida and the yellow scarves though I accidentally spoiled myself already T_T
Apr 10, 2010 5:37 AM

Jan 2010
I liked the new opening's animation, but I preferred the old opening's song. Oh well.

What the fuck did I just watch omg I don't even...

That music they played when the "troll" was on the chat was so weird. Then she/he was spamming the weirdest shit. But YES, finally the Slasher killed those annoying bitches. I never really liked Anri until this episode, but now I have a better understanding of exactly why she's so quiet and doesn't really like to share her feelings with anyone.

edit lol: JESUS CHRIST THAT SONG IS STILL IN MY HEAD. ;___;
QueenOfAlbionApr 10, 2010 5:41 AM
Apr 10, 2010 5:53 AM

Apr 2009
About the OP: ROAR OUT LOUDER was cooler, but this one's good too. Although the visuals are nothing special...

So, it's been 6 months already? Nice skip...
Kida's grin at the teacher was priceless xP Yeah, try being a pedo with Masaomi around, bitch.

Celty glomping Shinra - I MELT.
Shinra's "in bed" comment - ...I go wtf.
hikoghert said:
I also thought Shingen was going to be mysteriously creepy and serious. Was pleasantly surprised.

Haha, yeah xD Way more interesting.
Tayloroids said:
That music they played when the "troll" was on the chat was so weird.

YES o.o
Also, Izaya speaks Russian? xD Funnyyyy.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 10, 2010 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
awesome episode ><
want more

btw their russian was bad -_-

i know russian but ddint understand a shit from what were they talking lol
Apr 10, 2010 6:35 AM

Jun 2008
The existence of Durarara! is like a gift from the Gods.

New police guy in town making things hard for Celty. I knew it would happen the moment i saw the guy in the new OP. No reason to show him if he was gonna be another usual cop right?
Poor Celty she was shaking. That's what so lovable about her. She can be this badass headless monster and at the same time a sweet girl that's afraid of Aliens and scary guys.

The slasher had a knife this time right? If i remember correct the long hair slasher holds the knife. So if there are two slashers then the short hair with the sword could be Anri or the new girl in the OP and ED.

The talk with the yellow scarf guys confirms what we were all suspecting that Kida was probably there previews leader.
Apr 10, 2010 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
It was very confusing episode. I now have absolutly no-idea who the hack is slasher. Overall, decent development and introduction for the new characters. Looks like Shinra's dad is not as bad as I thought.

New OP and ED are 2 awesome.
Apr 10, 2010 7:25 AM
Mar 2010
smokes said:

+1
until now I didnt know that it was russian XD

I have a feeling that Anri is hiding smthing creepy, and maybe that slasher is her other self?

anyway I want more Izaya and Shizuo :P

Seiji X Mika is so cute <3
I wanna see Mikado X Anri *_*
Apr 10, 2010 7:27 AM

Oct 2008
smokes said:

But Kamiya's pronunciation is quite fluent, isn't it ?
YuaLaurantApr 10, 2010 7:31 AM
Apr 10, 2010 7:28 AM

Mar 2008
Love the new OP. It fits perfectly, imo. But I don't really like the ED. It's not bad, but it's not Trust Me.

But dude, anyone else freaked out at the ending? Man, that was so creepy. The music killed me. I'm not scared easily, but that was... such a weird feeling to watch this. The scene in the chat creeped me out almost more than the actual slasher scene. I thought that was rather cool.

Overall, awesome ep. Enjoyed it completely.

EDIT:
Tayloroids said:
edit lol: JESUS CHRIST THAT SONG IS STILL IN MY HEAD. ;___;

OMG YES. It's creepy.
FarethyApr 10, 2010 7:31 AM
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Apr 10, 2010 7:31 AM

Jul 2008
Waited 2 weeks for the episode and it was boring
End was okay though :)
Apr 10, 2010 7:50 AM

Feb 2009
myth720 said:

Lol Izaya is strange when he's in that chatroom. They're using the cast's voices now that we know who they are in there. I liked it when Izaya warned Mikado about Yellow Scarves.

Sora no Woto and Haruka reference this time...liked it...

Is the slasher and the troll at the chatroom there the same person?

Haylias said:
WoofSadaharu said:
Who's the slasher?

I don't know, but it reminds me of;

F/SN Visual Novel spoilers below

Feels like it...Let's see if that's true...
Apr 10, 2010 8:08 AM

Feb 2009
opening is good :D this episode wasn't as exciting except for the end..wonder what will happen next~ I like Anri
Apr 10, 2010 8:12 AM

Dec 2008
myth720 said:

Ever since I've realized who was who in the chat I've felt that Izaya goes out of his way to sound like a girl in it, haha. :')
Apr 10, 2010 8:26 AM

Aug 2009
New OP is very good. Great art and the song's not bad either. But I preferred the old ED to this one.

Looks like things are getting serious around here.

- Seiji and Mika scene stupid. Pisses me off every time I see his face.
- Scary Police Officer = Ladd. I'm telling you. He was immortal wasn't he?
- Celty x Shinra = <3
- Izaya speaks russian = win
- Simon = always win.
- Izaya does キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!! = Double win
- Mikado's 'ero ero' - LOL
- TOO LESS SHIZUO!
- Is it me or does Anri...Mika Harima.... no it has to be just me. They were really good friends. Like really good.
Anri's freaky man.

Slasher scene was wtf. Didn't expect that thing to be so bloody. Glad those pea eyed girls are dead.

So I'm really curious about the relationship between Kida, Izaya and that girl in the hospital. REALLY curious indeed.

Awesome episode. Things getting serious. Miss old ED. Need more NAO.
Apr 10, 2010 8:36 AM

Apr 2009
Ladd never got immortality. He would have grown back that hand he wore down to the bone on the rope instead of replacing it with a metal limb if that was the case.
Apr 10, 2010 8:36 AM

Jan 2010
k0k0 said:

- Simon = always win.

---TOPIC CLOSED--- :D
Apr 10, 2010 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
New OP, is, awesome : 3
And I wonder.. These policemen, are they brave.. Or just stupid?
Then again, Japanese police are awesome after all (Viewer discretion is advised) (Original article here, in Japanese)

Oh joy, Shinra's father is back xD And.. What the crap is up with the dude? xD..

Cute end to the episode o.O
Pretty good ED as well : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 10, 2010 8:47 AM

Dec 2008
Good episode and a great start to the new arc. I'm glad we're finally getting some attention on the Slasher (who is just as creepy in the chat room!), and looks like we'll be getting more on the Yellow Scarves and Kida. That last scene was an awesome cliffhanger.

I will admit, though, that I still don't care for Anri as a character so I found her monologue rather boring. For someone who has been fairly prominent in the past, she has so far only managed to be a love interest for Kida and Mikado, but hopefully she'll get some development in this new arc.

And as creepy as he is (judging from what he did to Celty), Shinra's dad has already grown on me and I find him very amusing xD The new cop might be interesting, too, seeing how uncomfortable he can make Celty, but it's still too early to say how good of a character he'll end up being.

Overall, great episode and I'm looking forward to next week! 4/5
Apr 10, 2010 8:51 AM

Dec 2007
Best show ever.

OP is great.

Anri is cute.

Nogizaka Haruka reference.

Trembling Celty is moe.

Izaya speaking some weird language (I don't think it's russian) was amusing.

The ED was cool.

Overall a great start to a new arc.
DeadIEndApr 10, 2010 9:46 AM
Apr 10, 2010 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
...reading your comments, I have come to the conclusion that I must be the only person in the universe that dislikes TRUST ME.
CenedessApr 10, 2010 9:09 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 10, 2010 9:14 AM

Nov 2007
No, I also dislike TRUST ME. but not that much.

ANRI ARC IS <3

Apr 10, 2010 9:16 AM
Dec 2007
Very good introduction episode for this second half, even though I'm not a big fan of narrative ellipsis. The developments were quite limited in this episode but it served mainly to set the new, darker, atmosphere of this second part.The slasher and Shinra's father seem to be quite nice additions to the already existing cast too. Oh, and I forgot to mention that there were almost as many references in this episode as in a Lucky Star ep, it was quite surprising.

Now, concerning the new OP/ED, we can safely say that after the utterly crappy first ending, we've finally got something interesting now. On the other side, the OP seemed taken from FMA:B, it didn't fit Durarara!! at all, but it was still kinda good though.

Rail_Tracer said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We have to wait an extra week because a new crappy season is starting of that pitiful excuse for an anime known as Big Windup.

You should watch more than 62 animes and then maybe you could comment on how good Oofuri really is. Oh, and go watch it too, it could very well surprise you since it's at least as good as Durarara!! in its own genre.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 10, 2010 9:24 AM
Aug 2009
k0k0 said:

- TOO LESS SHIZUO!

I couldn't agree more. ;;

Very good OP and ED songs! .. And now I'm almost addicted to them.

Shinra's dad was awesome. xD Too bad he stole Celty's awesomeness though, when she got those idiotic dudes running for their lives.

Izaya speaking Russian sounded hilarious. Can't wait 'till next week! :D
Apr 10, 2010 9:42 AM

Nov 2007
But how can I roar out louder if the new opening is full of emo?

Nothing against emo though, new opening just didn't live in the lighthearted spirit of the first OP (or the opening of the other Ryohgo's series Baccano). Plus "previous episode" segment didn't work at all.
Apr 10, 2010 10:20 AM
Nov 2008
I thought I'll never fall for an animated character. I... was wrong.

CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY <3
Apr 10, 2010 10:20 AM

May 2008
The new op/ed combo is awsome, not as the previous one was but still great, somehow gives another kind of atmosphere for me :D!! Seeing that new characters are introduced this getting more and more interesting...
Shinra's father is a freak... :P
Apr 10, 2010 10:45 AM

Jun 2009
\Huh? New OP? Okay, new charcters make apperance in it so it's reasonable. But Uragiri no Yuuyake was better.
\Yeah, a mad policeman with his subordinates looking all the same.
\White Vader. Hell, he's even more awesome.
\Mikado, you're so lame again...
\Slasher is that Saika-san?

There's also a new ED, again previous one was better. Seems like there's gonna be something about Izaya's sister in next epsiode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 10, 2010 10:57 AM

Jul 2009
Rail_Tracer said:
We have to wait an extra week because a new crappy season is starting of that pitiful excuse for an anime known as Big Windup.

Oofuri > Durarara

:(

the op and ed now suck. ;_;