Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2010 7:40 AM
Jul 2008
Kagura89 said:
As scary at the last scene,i'm glad that those bitches getting slain by the slasher....how dare they bully innocent & cute Anri.

well i doubt the last part of your sentence though :P
Apr 9, 2010 8:33 AM

Jul 2009
yodlormak said:
Kagura89 said:
As scary at the last scene,i'm glad that those bitches getting slain by the slasher....how dare they bully innocent & cute Anri.

well i doubt the last part of your sentence though :P

LOL why you say that?You say that Anri isn't cute enough :|
A nice girl like Anri shouldn't be treated like that, seriously.
I mean,seeing them harassing poor Anri & insulted her makes me annoyed with them & wish someone beat the crap out of them.
Apr 9, 2010 9:16 AM

Jun 2009
Okay guys, seriously.

I didn't see her in the OP nor the ED. Someone tell me Ruri will appear again, and as a part of the series, not just an idol singing for a few seconds. The Kasuka x Ruri fanarts aren't enough for me. PLEASE.

I NEED IT. I NEED TO KNOW MY GODDESS WILL BE BACK AGAIN.

PS
I'm not Togusa.

btw, the new ED reminds me of how Baccano!'s ED went. Remember the running railroad tracks and a scroll of the characters' faces? It's far from exact, but I can't shake the feeling it was inspired by it.
Apr 9, 2010 9:34 AM

Jul 2009
Maryberry said:
Okay guys, seriously.

I didn't see her in the OP nor the ED. Someone tell me Ruri will appear again, and as a part of the series, not just an idol singing for a few seconds. The Kasuka x Ruri fanarts aren't enough for me. PLEASE.

I NEED IT. I NEED TO KNOW MY GODDESS WILL BE BACK AGAIN.

PS
I'm not Togusa.

btw, the new ED reminds me of how Baccano!'s ED went. Remember the running railroad tracks and a scroll of the characters' faces? It's far from exact, but I can't shake the feeling it was inspired by it.

Kagura89Apr 9, 2010 9:40 AM
Apr 9, 2010 9:41 AM

Jun 2008
I totally love the new OP! But the ED was alright for me, I think I missed Trust me a little too much..
Happy that Kasuka will have more role as he is in the OP. And can't wait to see more Saki's appearance.(The ED with her by Izaya's.. I have a feeling it could have oppose a little of those Izaya fangirls there xD) + Housewife Namie was win ♥

I have nothing much to say than the usual "I love this episode"
Kida never fail with his joke and I love Mikado desperately say "kawaii, kawaii" That was just too cute.
Poor Celty on this episode as her life is getting into more trouble than before after her reveal of her true self to almost the world.
Namie working for Izaya yay.. I guess...
And I lol'ed at Izaya's "kitaaaaa..." at the chatroom when Saika appeared.
The ending was creepy yet the bullies deserves it somehow.

oh and did I mention Izaya speaking Russian was a surprise? =D
MimikoApr 9, 2010 10:09 AM
Apr 9, 2010 12:01 PM

Oct 2009
Haylias said:
I love the new OP, the font is as ugly as sin.

The new ED is nice, but it is no TRUST ME TRUST ME TRUST ME TRUST ME.

Waiting on subs.

LMAO "Ugly as sin". I do hate the font, it seems so cheapo to me! Are they in budget trouble? I like the ending but i will miss listening to "i really wanna be with you. I really wanna really wanna be with you coz you my love, you my shine, your my dear, so trust me trust me, trust me!!
Apr 9, 2010 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
Is it just me, or does this show seem to be boring until the last two minutes of each episode?
Apr 9, 2010 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
It was a nice introduction into the new arc. Hopefully it will be better than the first.

I have a feeling that I might like the dad. He seems funny. I wonder how he will react to his son's relationship?

I would like to know more about Anri. And Kida too. Next week's episode should reveal something.
Apr 9, 2010 1:33 PM
Apr 9, 2010 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
So looks like Anri is slasher and Kida former leader of yelow.
Well i like Shinra father, after his cut Celty i think he is scary and serious but now....
And Celty after escape from cops is so cute.
Apr 9, 2010 2:38 PM

Oct 2008
I dislike the new OP but I love the new ED since it's ON/OFF that's singing it.
I couldn't help think that scared Celty was too cute, but it can be pretty scary if the cops are on your tail like stalkers. Shinra's father is far from what I expect him to be but he's effing hilarious. (I could have sworn he quoted Lelouch from Code Geass.) I'm very curious to know about Kida's past with the Yellow Gang. Hopefully they'll show that soon. (Kida's serious voice is too SMEXY!!) The last 2-3 minutes of the episode was the scariest part of the series so far with the chatroom spammer, the creepy music, and let's not forget, the Slasher.
The_Cloned_OneApr 9, 2010 9:26 PM
Apr 9, 2010 2:49 PM

Aug 2009

There is absolutely nothing healthy about this relationship.

-It occured to me that it has been way too long for an anime made by the author of Baccano to have some bloody murder so, yeah, having it happen to those three b's at the end made it much more worthwhile. That being said, the music there was creepy...as...hell...

-"Shinra gave me this, it's important to me."
I think this is the first time I've ever thought that a headless girl was moe...

-SoRaNoWoTo and a blatant Secret of Haruka Nogizaka reference in DRRR? Now, I'm just saying that it's only a coincidence that those three shows aired on crunchyroll but....

Oh and if that was a Code Geass reference from Shingen, nice.

-Izaya speaking Russian=win.
Apr 9, 2010 3:34 PM
Nov 2008
I fucking love this show. XD
Apr 9, 2010 3:52 PM

Aug 2009
garfield15 said:

-Izaya speaking Russian=win.

Epic win!

I really preferred the old op & ed but I can deal with the new ones. As for the episode, great start to a new arc. I was beginning to think that they forgot about the slasher.
Apr 9, 2010 4:43 PM

Apr 2009
ahaha. I thought Anri was going to admit lesbian inclinations (for Mika) and was like, OH NO. MIKADO HAS NO CHANCE.

Celty is too cute. I also thought Shingen was going to be mysteriously creepy and serious. Was pleasantly surprised.

Freaky ending. A++

I also prefer the old OP&ED.
Apr 9, 2010 5:08 PM
Mar 2009
No subs yet?
Apr 9, 2010 5:15 PM

Dec 2009
youtoome said:
So looks like Anri is slasher
...that crossed my mind, but i'm not sold on it. i was just as worried that Anri might get slashed....

i also preferred the old OP & ED. the new ones don't build excitement for me...
Apr 9, 2010 5:17 PM

Jun 2008
I like the new OP and ED. Not a patch on ROAR OUT LOUDER and TRUST ME TRUST ME TRUST ME YEAH, but they're good songs in their own right. xD

SELTY.<3

Ffff Shinra's dad is funny.

Awww Anriiii. Frick, Kanazawa Hana's voice is so damn moe. XD
Apr 9, 2010 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
Who's the slasher?
Apr 9, 2010 6:03 PM

Apr 2009
WoofSadaharu said:
Who's the slasher?

I don't know, but it reminds me of;

F/SN Visual Novel spoilers below
Apr 9, 2010 6:44 PM

Feb 2010
Dunno I liked the old OP and ED better, maybe I'll start to like these.
It was great I hope it stays great, wasn't crazy about the latest episode seems like they were setting up something but we will see.

Is the slasher really just a guy that wants to cut people for the heck of it ?
Apr 9, 2010 6:55 PM

Mar 2009
Watched subbed on Youtube.. And all I have to say is... AWESOME!!! :D I'll check out the new opening and ending later. BTW... Anri's shadow is the slasher? --- Randy

Edit: Awesome opening and um.. when the hell did Ken Nakajima's alter ego show up after Celty-san?! I guess he's a wreckless dude with the cops on a bike.... yikes....

Edit2: Hmmmm have no idea on the slasher... Nice Ending music :D
randywmorgan17Apr 9, 2010 8:14 PM
Apr 9, 2010 7:44 PM

Nov 2009
Well, i don't like the new songs, but we are measuring up to the ones from the first half so they had their work cut out for them.
They did a good job of picking off from the end of the last arc, and the characters were introduced pretty well at that. I am more interested in the slasher incident then i was during the last arc.
Also while the character set up was nice, we won't have to have 6 episodes of that in order to start the story so as long as there is material this is looking good! A good helping of anime references as well this episode too. Glad i wasn't the only one to spot Sora no Woto. ^.^

"The twilight is beautiful isn't it?" ....Way to go Mikado...
Apr 9, 2010 9:02 PM

Feb 2009
Woah. This episode was crazy!

Apr 9, 2010 9:05 PM

Aug 2009
I like the new OP....
Apr 9, 2010 9:20 PM

Jun 2009
garfield15 said:
I like the new OP....

So do I, but the font they used for the character's names is kinda horrible...
Apr 9, 2010 9:26 PM

Jan 2010
Love the new opening :)
I can;t wait for the Kida arc to start >.<
Apr 9, 2010 10:15 PM

Apr 2009
Yay new op/ed is <3.

Odd ep.
Apr 9, 2010 10:23 PM

Dec 2008
I miss the old OP/ED, but I always do when it changes for a show, so the new ones will grow on me hopefully...

Needed moar Shinra, but if I could I would make every scene include Shinra in some way, so that's just me. Also his dad, heh heh heh, he amuses me. And Shinra/Celty is too cute for words, ngl.

I'm kind of annoyed by the ~main trio~. I've never liked Anri, but I just wasn't thrilled by them in this episode, although by the ending I was definitely more interested.

Oh and Izaya speaking Russian basically killed me hnnnnnggg. :3
Apr 9, 2010 10:33 PM

Jan 2008
where's the sub?

Apr 10, 2010 12:21 AM

Jul 2009
me too i miss the OP/ED hahaha... but it's ok. as long durara!!! continue... yehey!!!
Apr 10, 2010 1:08 AM

Jul 2008
new op and ed; so even celty gets afraid of the cops. looks like the new problem is the slasher, whoever that is
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 10, 2010 1:28 AM
Jul 2009
that's quite a jump in time. can't wait to see what happens next week.
Apr 10, 2010 2:03 AM

Feb 2008
Is it odd that the thing I'm most curious about is that Izaya's game board is down to three pieces. I'm not surprised that Izaya can speak Russian but I was surprised to see that Simon had a pretty clear understanding of what Izaya was up to and was rather serious about it.
I expect the slasher bit to be interesting at the very least.
Apr 10, 2010 2:20 AM

Mar 2009
... o.O what WAS izaya up to?? >.<
Apr 10, 2010 2:26 AM

Jun 2009
Mika and Seiji aren't a cute couple and never will be. I expect them to make a suicide pact one day and everyone they knew wouldn't be surprised to hear about their fate...

Great episode though. I totally forgot about the red-eyed slasher! Even though I felt the show could have easily have ended at 12 episodes, I'm glad there is still more of a story to tell.

And I wish Shizuo would break that jerk cop's face with his mighty Superman fist!
Apr 10, 2010 4:33 AM

Nov 2007
loved the three yellow scarves picking on shinra's old man. (they are in the ending theme as well :D)

hated the three bitches picking on anri. serves them right.

but the cop remains the badass of the day /me kills.

best remains Celty's kawaii-ness <3

side notes: So.ra.no.wo.to premieres and Nogizaka Haruka's secret revealed.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 10, 2010 4:52 AM

Jul 2007
Did Izaya just use キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!! in the chat??
my brain is a little broken XDDD

I missed this show O:

I liked the first op way better but the new one is nice (a little too slow). But I love the new ed more than trust me.

Anyway nice ep, finally a bit more on Kida and the yellow scarves though I accidentally spoiled myself already T_T
Apr 10, 2010 5:37 AM

Jan 2010
I liked the new opening's animation, but I preferred the old opening's song. Oh well.

What the fuck did I just watch omg I don't even...

That music they played when the "troll" was on the chat was so weird. Then she/he was spamming the weirdest shit. But YES, finally the Slasher killed those annoying bitches. I never really liked Anri until this episode, but now I have a better understanding of exactly why she's so quiet and doesn't really like to share her feelings with anyone.

edit lol: JESUS CHRIST THAT SONG IS STILL IN MY HEAD. ;___;
QueenOfAlbionApr 10, 2010 5:41 AM
Apr 10, 2010 5:53 AM

Apr 2009
About the OP: ROAR OUT LOUDER was cooler, but this one's good too. Although the visuals are nothing special...

So, it's been 6 months already? Nice skip...
Kida's grin at the teacher was priceless xP Yeah, try being a pedo with Masaomi around, bitch.

Celty glomping Shinra - I MELT.
Shinra's "in bed" comment - ...I go wtf.
hikoghert said:
I also thought Shingen was going to be mysteriously creepy and serious. Was pleasantly surprised.

Haha, yeah xD Way more interesting.
Tayloroids said:
That music they played when the "troll" was on the chat was so weird.

YES o.o
Also, Izaya speaks Russian? xD Funnyyyy.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 10, 2010 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
awesome episode ><
want more

btw their russian was bad -_-

i know russian but ddint understand a shit from what were they talking lol
Apr 10, 2010 6:35 AM

Jun 2008
The existence of Durarara! is like a gift from the Gods.

New police guy in town making things hard for Celty. I knew it would happen the moment i saw the guy in the new OP. No reason to show him if he was gonna be another usual cop right?
Poor Celty she was shaking. That's what so lovable about her. She can be this badass headless monster and at the same time a sweet girl that's afraid of Aliens and scary guys.

The slasher had a knife this time right? If i remember correct the long hair slasher holds the knife. So if there are two slashers then the short hair with the sword could be Anri or the new girl in the OP and ED.

The talk with the yellow scarf guys confirms what we were all suspecting that Kida was probably there previews leader.
Apr 10, 2010 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
It was very confusing episode. I now have absolutly no-idea who the hack is slasher. Overall, decent development and introduction for the new characters. Looks like Shinra's dad is not as bad as I thought.

New OP and ED are 2 awesome.
Apr 10, 2010 7:25 AM
Mar 2010
smokes said:

+1
until now I didnt know that it was russian XD

I have a feeling that Anri is hiding smthing creepy, and maybe that slasher is her other self?

anyway I want more Izaya and Shizuo :P

Seiji X Mika is so cute <3
I wanna see Mikado X Anri *_*
Apr 10, 2010 7:27 AM

Oct 2008
smokes said:

But Kamiya's pronunciation is quite fluent, isn't it ?
YuaLaurantApr 10, 2010 7:31 AM
Apr 10, 2010 7:28 AM

Mar 2008
Love the new OP. It fits perfectly, imo. But I don't really like the ED. It's not bad, but it's not Trust Me.

But dude, anyone else freaked out at the ending? Man, that was so creepy. The music killed me. I'm not scared easily, but that was... such a weird feeling to watch this. The scene in the chat creeped me out almost more than the actual slasher scene. I thought that was rather cool.

Overall, awesome ep. Enjoyed it completely.

EDIT:
Tayloroids said:
edit lol: JESUS CHRIST THAT SONG IS STILL IN MY HEAD. ;___;

OMG YES. It's creepy.
FarethyApr 10, 2010 7:31 AM
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Apr 10, 2010 7:31 AM

Jul 2008
Waited 2 weeks for the episode and it was boring
End was okay though :)
Apr 10, 2010 7:50 AM

Feb 2009
myth720 said:

Lol Izaya is strange when he's in that chatroom. They're using the cast's voices now that we know who they are in there. I liked it when Izaya warned Mikado about Yellow Scarves.

Sora no Woto and Haruka reference this time...liked it...

Is the slasher and the troll at the chatroom there the same person?

Haylias said:
WoofSadaharu said:
Who's the slasher?

I don't know, but it reminds me of;

F/SN Visual Novel spoilers below

Feels like it...Let's see if that's true...
Apr 10, 2010 8:08 AM

Feb 2009
opening is good :D this episode wasn't as exciting except for the end..wonder what will happen next~ I like Anri
Apr 10, 2010 8:12 AM

Dec 2008
myth720 said:

Ever since I've realized who was who in the chat I've felt that Izaya goes out of his way to sound like a girl in it, haha. :')
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
May 4, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - Apr 28

4 by Haemogoblin »»
May 3, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - May 20, 2010

212 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 3, 11:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.