Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2021 6:42 PM
Dec 2015
meyve said:
Black_wind said:

Damn, what a loss.....homophobic weaboo incels avoiding an anime because they think it's BL.....good fuckin riddance. At least I won't have to deal with their "opinions" in the discussion. It's them who is toxic, not someone else.

Im not a homofobic. And i dont think all fujoshis are toxic just some of them... disturbing. Like those in the Haikyuu and Bnha fandoms. And it's starting to get very annoying when people see the two male main characters on the cover and the OP and immediately think it's BL
Well this isn't BL, even if it looks like it at first. Even other characters rip on them for how much it seems like it is. But there's other love interest(s)
Jul 2, 2021 6:46 PM
Dec 2015
Kazzann said:
Oh god the comedy…what is with female mangaka and god awful Chibi comedy?
That was 95% the studio unfortunately, the director did Noragami too I believe
VarrisJul 2, 2021 7:47 PM
Jul 2, 2021 7:01 PM

Jan 2021
It was great, it had a solid start, the op and ed is good, looking forward for the next episode.
Jul 2, 2021 7:16 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
OK so who's the dumbass who changed the c in carte with a k?>v>#
Jul 2, 2021 7:22 PM

Dec 2020
pretty dorky men, vampires, magical book, truly my kind of show.
Jul 2, 2021 7:43 PM

Jun 2019
An ok start, doesn’t seem like anything special from what I’ve seen so far. It really looks like Bones is trying to replicate their success with Bungo Stray Dogs with this series. I was pretty lukewarm on that series, so hopefully this is better.
Jul 2, 2021 7:46 PM
Dec 2020
i started the manga almost two years ago and immediately became one of my favorites i was waiting for this episode happily and it was perfect !!!! i enjoyed it so much 😭
Jul 2, 2021 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
tis a fine start couldn't really tell how serious this was gonna be at least for now it doesn't look like things will get too dark but there is a setup with the ending scene.

2 mains seem dorky got some serious BL shipping vibes between them i have no doubt there will be some kind of fandom for paring them lol

also was worried if anything happened to Amelia Watson there would be a world of pain , funny it's sakura's VA and she ended up getting corrupt just when i thought she was safe

will watch since this stood out out of this kinda eh looking season but it looks like the gears might take a bit for the plot to get going
Jul 2, 2021 8:29 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yeah, you can definitely feel the Shaft influence Tomoyuki Itamura is pouring over here, but I'm all cool for it lmao.

Anyway, pretty solid first episode.

And no, for the trillionth goddamn time guys, two dudes having a banter doesn't make it BL, jesus christ.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 2, 2021 8:37 PM

Jul 2016
Gotta be honest, I'm just giving this anime a chance because of Kajiura's music but after having watched this first episode, I also gotta say I found it quite enjoyable. I like both Vanitas and Noé's characters (already in love with their designs) and the production values were quite nice as well.

Promising start overall.
Jul 2, 2021 8:45 PM

Aug 2020
HOLY CRAP. This show has already blown my socks off and made me thing how incredible this season has been.

Vanitas and noe are already incredible characters, and they also do some very comedic moments. the action scenes OMG THEY ARE JUST amazing.

the op's is my favorite from the season so far, too bad it has a sep 8th release date ;-;

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jul 2, 2021 8:51 PM

Nov 2019
It's just depressing that the comment section is just full of BL...

RIP dual protagonist shows....
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 2, 2021 8:56 PM

Apr 2020
Corrout said:

the op's is my favorite from the season so far, too bad it has a sep 8th release date ;-;

Digital release is on July 16 .
Jul 2, 2021 8:57 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting.
I liked it a lot and the animation looks great.
Pd: The opening and ending are very good.
Jul 2, 2021 8:58 PM

Aug 2020
nyaaaaaaaaaa15 said:
Corrout said:

Digital release is on July 16 .
thank you for telling me that, great to know that I can get my hands on it sooner. I legit cried when hearing the song for the first time.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jul 2, 2021 9:01 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Thorf said:
Skipping this because pandora hearts was so bad it's one of the only manga I ever dropped. Also don't like gay bait.

It has a much better ending than that of AoT XD
Jul 2, 2021 9:13 PM

Oct 2020
Laplace_kun said:

Tbh each coment about BL bait is really annoying, when the two MCs each have a legit Female love interest. Anime only should have waited a few eps before deciding to talk like that.
Jul 2, 2021 9:14 PM
Aug 2020
DarkBlueMoooon said:
cassandra9891 said:

Same!!! Can't wait to see this all! But still... How many chapters are going to be included here in anime? In both season 1 and 2? Any guesses?

If they will go by 12 episodes for each season and based on episode 1, we can see that one episode took a full chapter. So maybe we will have 12 chapters per season? Because the chapters in The case study of Vanitas are quite long.

Chapter 1 had 80÷ pages. It's the only very long chapter, so from now on each episode will adapt about 2 chapters.
Jul 2, 2021 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
quite promising first episode, likeable characters, background score n the animation is asthetically pleasing too..defo looking forward to this one
Jul 2, 2021 9:54 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty good intro Bones really went all out this. Soundtrack especially stands out. Like the characters but they vandalized one of my favourite feats of Gothic engineering so that's a mark against them lol.

The world is kinda interesting in that I guess it's late 19th century France with some Steampunk elements considering how insane the airships are with some I guess alternate fuel source to power them? Vampires I guess also are something that isn't just myth too.

Regardless interested to see how this is all going to progress I feel like this is going to be one of the better shows this year. Also yeah guys bi shonen being playful doesn't make something shonen ai and yaoi. Yeah it's going to be appealing for fujos but if you actually think they hurt the popularity of shows you are delusional. If anything it can bring attention to lesser known content.
BilboBaggins365Jul 2, 2021 9:59 PM
Jul 2, 2021 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
I'm interested to see what happens next. First episode was ok. The animation looked clean and colors are beautiful.
Jul 2, 2021 10:24 PM

Apr 2020
With BONES doing the animation, Kajiura Yuki doing the music and story from Mochizuki Jun, this anime has a huge potential to blow up.

This episode was amazing for a first episode. Hope the upcoming episodes will be as good or better.
Jul 2, 2021 10:37 PM

Nov 2014
Loving it already. Funny how the human acts more...demonic than the actual vampire lol

I do wonder how they survived that fall?

This show is giving me strong bungou stray dogs and kekkai sensen vibes and im all for it!!
Jul 2, 2021 10:46 PM

Jan 2020
Not bad. Bones visuals are fantastic as expected and the character designs are brilliant. One thing that I'm not too sold on is the comedy which is a shame but oh well.

Jul 2, 2021 11:21 PM

May 2017
Kind of surprised?? Didn't go into this expecting a whole lot, mostly tuning in because I love everything Bones does, but vampires, shonens, and fantasy are not my favourite genres. The comedy and character dynamics are already enjoyable with one episode in
Jul 2, 2021 11:32 PM

Mar 2020
shane_nichols said:
Welp. My interest was good, up until the end. They literally just foreshadowed the ending and made this entire series pointless to watch. So Vanitas will die meaning whatever suspense those two have will be brushed off till the end of the series. Such a shame. 0/10
First of all Its a piece of information not some big reveal or a plot twist actaully infact that moment is due to alot of plot twists combined as a whole....Because vanitas said that he will live on but die at the same time which was nt shown in the anime in noe flash back.(And that too is intriguing)And the anime will not even end at that part considering the manga is just half way though..Meaning we havent even reached that part in the manga and tbh its a pretty unique way to set up a series. Most series reveal there anime character will die at the end but comparatively this series reveals that in the start and raises alot of questions, how and what led to that? Who is vanitas and how he a average human being possess one of the greatest treasure( its actually quite complex considering the mechanics of this fantasy world and how the system is set up for it) and the question why why did the writer reveal such crucial information and mind you its jun who basically fooled us for 60 chapters in pandora hearts and everything before that was all a lie(Imagine connecting all the pieces and bam the writer literally shatters all that and we realize we were actually reading lies. and second the manga hasnt ended yet. THe reveals are actaully to many and one discoverey leads to another mystery.
So about your statement, I dont think the writer revealed that out of the blue and there is a pretty solid reason(Just like in pandora hearts when the sin was raised) Plus the anime hasnt even revealed the world building, the mechanics, vanitas mulitple phases and the power system and i can assure u you cannot predict this story except for 1 or 2 things and you cant judge it with a 1st episode that has barely even touched the surface.And jun series are always unique considering the way she setups everything.
234MannanJul 2, 2021 11:45 PM
Jul 2, 2021 11:34 PM

Jul 2020
Just from the first episode alone I can tell it'll gain some popularity from the community.The premise is a little generic where the evil are actually portrayed as good.Gives me seven deadly sins vibes if you ask me.Not to mention,the sakuga was everywhere in this episode.
shane_nichols said:
Welp. My interest was good, up until the end. They literally just foreshadowed the ending and made this entire series pointless to watch. So Vanitas will die meaning whatever suspense those two have will be brushed off till the end of the series. Such a shame. 0/10

Smart guy,judging the whole show by the first episode alone.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 2, 2021 11:49 PM

Mar 2020
meyve said:
234Mannan said:
Well yeah..Noe is a vampire and the reason why he made that hole and survived the landing is basically a spoiler. Well u will find it soon enough.

I am a manga reader nad i am still dont know why. Can you explain me with spoiler tag?
Okay i will and i actaully found that after rereading myself xd
Jul 3, 2021 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
The ending song is really great, might be my fav this season. And yeah... Vanitas kinda looks a lot like Yato. Hope the rest of the season will maintain the same energy.
Jul 3, 2021 12:47 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Love OP and ED!! Kajiura Yuki san is amazing!! 😍
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2021 1:04 AM

May 2012
Meh

I did not like 1st episode. I hope it get better
Jul 3, 2021 1:36 AM
Apr 2021
Nobara98 said:
Laplace_kun said:

Tbh each coment about BL bait is really annoying, when the two MCs each have a legit Female love interest. Anime only should have waited a few eps before deciding to talk like that.

Doesn't seem like BL to me even though I've been reading the manga for a long while even the OP and ED just seem like Vanitas and Noe having fun... It's like they've never seen guys being somewhat playful with each other and expect every thing with 2 guys to be gay.
Jul 3, 2021 2:15 AM

Apr 2020
Excellent episode 1. Lots of great shots throughout the episode. I already really like both Noé and Vanitas as characters. The OST and OP and ED all sound great. I'm excited for more.

Jul 3, 2021 2:15 AM

Mar 2017
My most anticipated show of the season, and oh boy this first episode certainly didn't disappoint. Excited for more.
Jul 3, 2021 2:37 AM

Nov 2017
A great surprise! I really like!
Jul 3, 2021 2:53 AM
Aug 2018
To all of you fragile flowers who can't even handle some bl vibes, bc they are there put by the author, as there are the het vibes too, and in general this story gives off very bi vibes which is amazing... IT DOESNT MATTER. THIS MANGA'S STORY IS FCKNG AMAZING AND THE RELATIONSHIP BTWEN CHARAS ARE VERY VERY GOOD ANDIT DOESNT MATTER IF THE TENSION IS BETWEEN TWO GUYS ( VANI AND NOE, NOE AND LOUIS, ETC) TWO GIRLS (DOMI AND JEANNE, CHLOE AND JEANNE, ETC) OR GIRL AND GUY (VANI AND JEANNE, DOMI AND NOE(AND LOUIS), CHOLE AND JEAN-JACQUES, ETC). Bc it doesn't have to be romantic to be good, or completely platonic/familiar either. And it doesn't matter if it's done well
Jul 3, 2021 2:55 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good start. Nice OP/ED.
Jul 3, 2021 2:57 AM

Mar 2012
I don't like the out of place comedy in between, otherwise first episode was ok. Didn't live up to the hype, hope it gets better.
Jul 3, 2021 3:02 AM

Jun 2020
I loved it. Loved the art & fluid animation. The OST was pretty immersive too. The end where Noe said he would end up killing him, omg, I can’t wait. I can tell this is going to be good. I hope!!!!!

Noe’s so cute & Vanitas is definitely an interesting character, there’s more than meets the eye with him. The OP was so good too!

So glad that Kaito is at least a MC in one seasonal again yay. I’m in!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 3, 2021 3:10 AM

Oct 2016
That was a really good start! Definitely the most interesting show so far, even though only a few has released, I can tell this is gonna be one of my favorites this season. I'll most definitely read the manga after the season or maybe even midway through it.

So, our Vanitas is the successor to the original Vanitas. Except unlike the original he wants to save the vampires instead of corrupting their names. Wonder how he even inherited the book and name if they have opposing goals. Noe is also pretty cool. The OP, ED and the soundtrack are bangers, and of course the quality of the show is great. Really looking forward to what more the show has in store for us.
Jul 3, 2021 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
Noé shows some excitement at arriving in Paris and learning the Book of Vanitas is real, but when he's attacked by Vanitas, falling down the airship, and being asked to join Vanitas in his journey, dude's face is just: 😕
Jul 3, 2021 3:24 AM

Nov 2013
Xesty17 said:
I instantly recognized Yuki Kajiura's music when Vanitas was fighting the female vampire. Promising first episode.
Yeah, those Madoka vibes were real!
Jul 3, 2021 3:26 AM

Nov 2013
First impression is 10/10. Didn't expect so many funny and goofy moments, but for some reason it didn't ruin the experience for me.

Interesting how they spoil the ending in first episode lol.
Jul 3, 2021 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
A good start for this show which was something I found interesting where they are is a world where he lives in itself is already something interesting vanitas is a good character I liked him.
Jul 3, 2021 3:38 AM
Sep 2020
UGH YSS OMG LOVED IT LOVE U JUN
Jul 3, 2021 3:38 AM
Sep 2020
UGH YSS OMG LOVED IT LOVE U JUN
Jul 3, 2021 3:39 AM

Jan 2018
LeonhartAugust said:
Thorf said:
Skipping this because pandora hearts was so bad it's one of the only manga I ever dropped. Also don't like gay bait.

nah its gay lol
is what it is
Jul 3, 2021 3:47 AM

Mar 2020
Thorf said:
LeonhartAugust said:

nah its gay lol
is what it is
Gay LOOOOL its not bro and u are judging it by the first 4 chapters..I cant believe how audacious you are
Jul 3, 2021 3:49 AM

Mar 2020
ttcchen said:
Loving it already. Funny how the human acts more...demonic than the actual vampire lol

This show is giving me strong bungou stray dogs and kekkai sensen vibes and im all for it!!

Its a minor spoiler(Like really minor infact) and even then it wasnt really explained and the readers were expected to interpret it

234MannanJul 3, 2021 8:13 AM
Jul 3, 2021 3:52 AM

Mar 2020
ttcchen said:

ITS a minor spoiler on how they survived the fall and even then it wasnt explained that much in the manga infact the readers were suppose to interpret it

234MannanJul 3, 2021 8:13 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

» The Romance in this story... sucks. ( 1 2 )

AjiX101 - Jan 10, 2022

53 by tragedydesu »»
Mar 8, 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.