Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 4, 2021 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, episodes 8 and 9 felt so much different (for obvious reasons). I kind of forgot what show I was watching, and honestly, I enjoyed it so much I'd love to see more. Alas, we return to usual zombieland next weak :)
Jun 4, 2021 4:09 PM
Jun 2009
Wow, a very bittersweet and wonderful story. Lady Yugiri is amazing. So glad to they ended it with Sagajihen. Hands down my favorite episode.

If you want to relax while the legendary Yugiri enchants you with her voice, charm and outfit. Here you go! She keeps you company at the bar telling stories, singing, and doing a variety of cute things like dancing around and occasionally slapping you.

It’s not subtitled, but it’s still pretty delightful!

RiichiroJun 4, 2021 4:18 PM
Jun 4, 2021 4:11 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 9 and its really good! And it was actually the story of sagiri?! And like.. what?! The old man actually may be a zombie as well?! What about kotaro?! What a story indeed.. the mystery of sagiris story is solved, but there are still more questions to be asked.. like how did they become zombies in the first place? What will now happen to them, when the reporter may have now pieced together the puzzle? And maybe more! And i can always imagine, that remnants of the old would always crawl into the new, no matter what form they may take.. the old ways may be powerful and strong, but there will always be the new ways, which will prove itself stronger than some of the old ways.. and maybe even more peaceful.. thats just a piece of my wisdom tho.. well, at least the boy has fulfilled his own ideals, and made a peaceful agreement for the formation of the new saga.. and over the blood of his best friend and his crush.. tho i think this isnt historical fact.. haha.. dunno.. anyways, i rate the episode a 4.5 of 5, 4.5 for both story and art.. plus they even have a new song, which i also like.. :)
Jun 4, 2021 6:00 PM

Nov 2017
Episode 8-9 are now my favorite zombieland episode.. lol
Jun 4, 2021 6:57 PM

Aug 2007
Well, I didn't imagine that tragic final for Yunigi. Since the beginning I was suspecting she died because she got captured in war or something like this. But her backstory was interesting
Jun 4, 2021 9:30 PM

May 2020
Okay the backstory was great and all, yes, but...

That performance at the end is one of my favorites! The choreography animation and the costumes were on point.

But yeah, was good to get a piece of not only Yuugiri's backstory but also the backstory to this whole show.
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Jun 4, 2021 9:42 PM
Mar 2015
The voice actors in this anime are very talented.
I know that voice actors and anime characters are different, but I feel that everyone in "Franchouchou" was really there.

Jun 5, 2021 12:02 AM

Oct 2008
and the traditional episode continues!
Yuugiri is so badass!
she is also called "Sheathed Kichiemon" and "Demon of Hibiya"
5/5.

Jun 5, 2021 5:41 AM

Feb 2014
Yugiri went down legendary. The Oni of Hibischiya eh? Truly a warrior of the edo period. From one era to another she lives to see her new days. Also she knew about the whole revival thing. Hope they tell us soon why the other characters were sorted for the team too. Especially the ever mysterious and the only remaining untold backstory of the Legendary Yamada Tae.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 5, 2021 5:34 PM

Aug 2018
Awesome.
Yuugiri's story was great. Very good these 2 chapters. And the song is AMAZING!!!!
Jun 5, 2021 7:35 PM
Jun 2016
Absolutely incredible from start to finish. What a wild ride.
Jun 5, 2021 8:14 PM

Feb 2008
Well I'll be darned. The letters Yujiri posted were addressed to actual real life prominent people in the central government, Ooki Takato and Ookuma Shigenobu. Both were cabinet ministers in various governments. So, as a fictional character, she was extremely well connected to say the least. This exemplifies one of the reasons why I really liked this arc. The whole scenario was laid out in a few seconds in the preview at the end of episode 7. The viewer would've known what was going to happen right from there. The two episdoe arc fleshed that out into an interesting storyline with relatively subtle details and hints. It wasn't superb but it was darn good enough for me. The attention to details made it a lot more fun to watch. My takeaway from this arc regarding Yugiri; never underestimate that woman.

Jun 5, 2021 10:18 PM

May 2019
I was honestly not expecting to hear Sagajihen again. Song slaps lol
Jun 7, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2016
the backstory is awful and full of sadness ..
Jun 9, 2021 10:23 PM
Mar 2015
Glad the legendary courtesan got to continue the campaign for a new Saga Cute seeing the dog and the old man survive to this era
Jun 9, 2021 10:29 PM
Jul 2020
matias067 said:
Yuugiri is so badass!
5/5.

dasprn said:
Yugiri went down legendary. The Oni of Hibischiya eh? Truly a warrior of the edo period. From one era to another she lives to see her new days. Also she knew about the whole revival thing. Hope they tell us soon why the other characters were sorted for the team too. Especially the ever mysterious and the only remaining untold backstory of the Legendary Yamada Tae.
Actually, "Sheathed Kichiemon" and "Demon of Hibiya" are the titles of the person that set Yugiri free.
Jun 10, 2021 12:35 AM

Dec 2016
Yugiri had the most respectable death than the other members. Just can't wait for them to reveal the past of Legendary Tae.

This episode was beautiful, sad and funny at the same time. Loved it when they showed Kiichi and itou dancing, also their dance was kinda like Bollywood dance XD

Is that bartender dude a zombie too or did he reincarnate but remembers his past memories? They still have that picture undamaged...

Was her boobies always that huge...? 👀
Jun 10, 2021 6:34 AM

Feb 2014
FrostXC3 said:
matias067 said:
Yuugiri is so badass!
5/5.

dasprn said:
Actually, "Sheathed Kichiemon" and "Demon of Hibiya" are the titles of the person that set Yugiri free.

I thought it was her since she knew swordplay.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 10, 2021 5:03 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Beautiful, simply beautiful~!X'3>
Probably my favorite episode of the entire series to date~!<3 X'3>
Jun 12, 2021 3:10 AM
May 2021
Talk about character development and backstory? Well we have yugiri now, the best plot twist in this serie so far. Open your history books guys
Jun 13, 2021 4:54 PM
Oct 2019
[quote=Riotstarter message=63366450]
Stuffed_goat said:

Maybe the old guy is some local god or something, he says he IS Saga and when Saga looked like it would disappear, he was extremely frail. Now it's back, he's as strong as ever. Perhaps his life is intrinsically tied to Saga's existence, either as a god or some kind of curse, and he has been watching and guiding Kiichi's descendents ever since, right up to Kotaro. We don't know Kotaro Tatsumi's real full name, only that he was previously called Inui when he was in school with Sakura.

Oh I can see that, nice theory. My original thought was that the medicine Yugiri gave the old guy prolongs life if you are alive or gives your life back if you died.
Jun 14, 2021 3:45 AM

Jul 2014
😭 really legendary
Listening to saga jihen feels diff and much treasured now

Without yugiri's connections and push to koichi, koichi won't be able to move forward to his goal. Yugiri being a legendary oiran before meeting koichi may have not been explained further but seeing her skills while being koichi made her legendary. A legendary courtesan got lots of cultured skills and talents and ofc being skilled in the real def of courtesan. And yugiri may be excelling the most (since courtesan got rankings and stuff) therefore she became the Legendary Oiran (imo ofc) plus sending koichi to those that can help him

She arranged that by hersef but wasnt shown futher i think in the anime. Thats why other viewers felt like yugiri's backstory were nothing. So it depends on viewers take on the ep.
MurukoHiiragiJun 14, 2021 4:09 AM
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jun 17, 2021 8:55 AM

Oct 2017
Sure it ended in a tragedy but Kotaro's ancestor could free Saga thnx to that. It sux they weren't together to see that but Yuigiri can see it with her own eyes after being revived as a zombie. So even after all these years they are still connected.

Tat said holy smokes so that old man was the bartender? So is this dude a zombie? There was a big hint. He had the zombie dog with him.
Jun 23, 2021 8:17 AM

Mar 2016
So that's why the old man at the bar said that he owns Yugiri a big debt in season 1.

She helped saving Saga, which in turn, saved the old man who is the embodiment of the Saga.
Jun 23, 2021 3:10 PM

Nov 2016
Zombieland Saga strikes again with the heartbreaking backstories ;_; This one made up for the fact that Yugiri didn't have one in S1. A change of pace that didn't feel awkward and Yugiri shot up in my favorite ranking. Good shit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 24, 2021 10:45 PM

Jan 2016
So this was 2 episode arc of Yuigiri,i was wondering how they are gonna wrap things because it was getting tense near the end but it turns they shows us in monologue form which was good since they cant drag it any further,definetely one of the most emotional episode of the entire season.
Jun 27, 2021 2:27 AM
Oct 2019
Yugiri Backstory is good...

Fantastic Performance as always Saga Jihen.
Love the CGI.
MAPPA are killing it!!!!
Jun 28, 2021 12:39 AM

Apr 2012
Looks like Yuugiri isn't actually a full fledged courtesan. It was just a cover while working as an assassin. She earned the nicknames "Sheathed Kichiemon" and "Demon of Hibiya."
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 30, 2021 6:54 AM

Sep 2020
I was interested in Yugiri from the start so I was looking forward to see her past.
I had a feeling it would be something big considering that the bartender said he had a "big debt" to her on the first season, and wow oh wow this went beyond my expectation. We already know most of them had a "legendary" status but to be one of the person responsible for shaping the past came to me as a big shock.
Jun 30, 2021 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
yugiri's backstory was my favorite. i really enjoyed these two episodes. i thought i was watching another anime lmao
Jun 30, 2021 1:49 PM

Mar 2010
This just wasn't my thing, I was so uninterested, I felt like kms so many times. Had to skim and do what I could.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 12, 2021 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
t'was quite an intriguing arc, also more zombies as well..?
junmyk said:
Xu Fu (徐福, Jofuku)
Voiced by: Hōchū Ōtsuka (Japanese); R. Bruce Elliot (English)
The bartender of Bar New Jofuku who is personally familiar with Kotaro, Yugiri, and the Zombie Land Saga Project. It is revealed in Revenge that his immortality is linked to the status of Saga. His name and the bar's name references Chinese medical scholar Xu Fu, named "Jofuku" in Japanese, who was ordered by Qin Shi Huang to find the elixir of life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xu_Fu
oh ok nvm my previous statement then, that's pretty cool thanks for sharing.
Aug 13, 2021 4:46 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ahhhhhhhhh!
I knew Yugiri was awesome since she's my favorite but I didn't know she was this friggen awesome! I'm friggen crying this isn't even right. Ahhhhhh!

I just love how they did this whole arc. And like sure, she wasn't even really from Saga, but she pretty much saved Saga (in this anime).
I'm really glad that Yugiri and the bartender still keep up and talk. Though Yugir tends to take thigns as they come, I'd imagine that it'd be kinda rough hoping from Meji to Reiwa. Having someone you can talk to sounds like it'd be pretty grounding.

-sobs- The dancing at the end really killed me.

I love you, Yugiri. ;___;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 19, 2021 12:09 AM

Jul 2015
While its fun to see some comedic backstories, having a more serious one is nice once in a while. Noble self-sacrifice by Yugiri that contributed to Kiichi's dream of saving Saga

Oct 9, 2021 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
I am extremely happy that they decided to play these 2 episodes entirely straight, I was almost worried it was gonna pull back and reveal they were doing a TV show or something at one point but this was surprisingly pretty captivating.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 17, 2021 11:11 AM

Oct 2017
bassyey said:
Saga Jihen is my favorite Franchouchou song. Great episode.
SkyCube said:
Best episode so far

Dudes not only the best episode, it was the best fucking performance yet! That song kicked ass, and the entire two episode special was just fucking cool! - with a little bit of action, comedy, backstory, and then an EPIC SONG to finish it all off

Totally think the bartender dude is either the old man from the 1800s, or kiichi or whatever his grandsons name was, who is now old and just looks like his grandpa - but 120-140 years later,,, errrrrrr, it would be more realistic for him to be a zombie seeings he can't be 140, thats just a bit too farfetched lol,
Nov 8, 2021 3:01 PM
Jun 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Yugiri’s backstory is by far the best of all the girls, so far anyway. Obviously there were some exaggerations for the sake of anime and some liberties taken, but Saga actually did gain independence from Nagasaki and those dates are correct. Learning history with anime is always fun.

Yugiri’s duel was really cool, wasn’t expecting her to be capable with a sword, but she definitely showed me.

This week’s performance was awesome as well. Top 3 of the season.

Can anyone recommend some historical anime like this that cover Japan’s historical themes in an entertaining way like this?
Nov 29, 2021 5:56 AM

Feb 2019
Best episode.

Saga and Yuugiri's origin story.

Yuugiri is just, best girl.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 30, 2021 8:40 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah.. Some of movements can end up being radical..
Well, this friend is a snake, it seems.. Well, not like it wasn't hinted already, but now we see him tearing paper.. He probably has his own reasons to want for place to go into hostilities.. Maybe hoping for getting some political spot after that or something, we'll see, I guess..
Eh, I don't know about this guy's words.. You sabotaged group in the first place by tearing their actually peaceful paper to the government.. You escalated the conflict.. So all his talks about "your group went too far" - well, it's partially your doing and responsibility in the first place, dude..
So that guy was just following orders, it seems, believing that tearing country apart even more is not what country needs.. At the same time a bit considering Kiichi's ideas.. Him tearing paper was still escalating the conflict as well, though.. So in the end he is more black character to me..
Barman a bit resembles Kiichi's old man.. Maybe some generations relative.. Or who knows.. As no idea, if we can make zombies, maybe we can be immortal in this anime.. I have no idea..
Nov 30, 2021 10:54 AM
May 2017
copperypilot56_ said:
Marinate1016 said:
Yugiri’s backstory is by far the best of all the girls, so far anyway. Obviously there were some exaggerations for the sake of anime and some liberties taken, but Saga actually did gain independence from Nagasaki and those dates are correct. Learning history with anime is always fun.

Yugiri’s duel was really cool, wasn’t expecting her to be capable with a sword, but she definitely showed me.

This week’s performance was awesome as well. Top 3 of the season.

Can anyone recommend some historical anime like this that cover Japan’s historical themes in an entertaining way like this?

the most obvious pick would be Rurouni Kenshin, it even happens in the same era
Jan 16, 2022 7:39 PM
Jun 2020
This was another great episode. I already liked Yuugiri but I like her even more now! It's great to see that this show isn't afraid to diverge from its own norms sometimes.
Jan 21, 2022 1:15 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
They really wentback with this one.
Mar 17, 2022 3:40 PM

Aug 2018
It might be the couple beers I already consumed... But I have to say that these last two episodes have hit REALLY hard!

It's so well written and such a sudden change from the idol-anime we used to enjoy. Not gonna lie the 2nd season is going to stick with me for while.
Rentfree in my head haha!

I enjoyed this more than I should've XD
But as previously mentioned it might be the beers in the end.
Apr 7, 2022 8:36 AM

Apr 2016
The whole backstory was way too boring and included too much from the annoying not-so-subtle ancestor of Koutarou, at least the Ai x Junko's melodrama was idol-related, this was trying to give some deeper meaning to the idea of saving Saga but it just never take-off and it lacked the absurdity that make the show great.
Apr 25, 2022 10:36 AM

Jul 2012
Yugiri kawaii 🤭
Yugiri.. most tragic n epic death..
Now we know the reason behind her neck 😭

Well.. if you compare her past story with other members.. it could be boring..
But this is the crucial things, why the producer wants Saga back..

She reminds me of Meiko from Vocaloid lol

Apr 30, 2022 5:43 AM

Apr 2011
That was really a nice but sad background story of Yuugiri. Never thought she would be good with a sword. Even though she was executed but happy that's alive as a Zombie. She become even more likeable.. I'm curious of that old man in the bar is the same old man as Yoichi's dad?
Jun 8, 2022 7:14 PM
Mar 2019
How did Yuugiri's body hold up for 140 Years to be Zombified?? it should have been long gone.
That aside a really good episode.
Aug 4, 2022 12:22 PM

Jan 2015
The preview before the arc had me excited to see Yuugiri's episodes and curious on how they'd be, turns out we saw a really incredible history, making Saga's revival much more legendary in tone. Already respected Yuugiri heaps and this arc made her story even better, great episodes, impactful story.
Also, song which closed it? Fucking awesome! One of my favourites!
Aug 18, 2022 11:22 AM

Nov 2017
holy shit what an episode!!!
and the best song performance so far 😍

plz @ me
Sep 21, 2022 1:18 PM
Jan 2017
Zombieland Saga delivers yet another fine episode!

The Saga Incident comes to an end in an unexpectedly tragic, yet surprisingly hopeful, fashion. Yuugiri makes the ultimate sacrifice to save Kiichi and his dream to reconstruct Saga and what is her reward? A new family. With all the themes and concepts explored in this show, I don't think it's fair to simply label Zombieland Saga a comedy. In fact, I believe comedy took a backseat in this episode in order to tell a more serious and character-driven story, encapsulated by a beautiful leading performance, but then again, did you expect anything different from Stephanie Young.

Anyway, this was a great episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

235 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 10, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

172 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2021

93 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.