Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 4, 2008 3:45 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I found this weird. She likes a guy who treats her like crap but hangs out with guys who look like punks but are pretty nice. Well I guess that's shoujo for you aye? lol I'll check out episode 2 to see if I'll stick with this. Btw, aren't the background characters nearly as freaky as the shadowed people from Okawari? lol
Apr 4, 2008 10:39 PM

Mar 2007
Excuse me while I get fangirly for a bit. This has been one of my very favorite manga series for years now, and I also really loved both live action adaptations of it, so I was really excited to hear it was going to be animated :)

I really enjoyed ep 1, it was reasonably faithful to the manga~ I am still trying to get used to the character designs though. This is funny because they are actually much 'prettier' than the manga artwork which has a very unique style which may seem kind of scary. However, even though the character designs are rather different, every once in a while there is some aspect that really reflects the manga style. It is most noticeable in the eyecatch, but it happens here and there. It's hard to describe :D

Yes, Irie starts out as an asshole. Part of the fun is seeing if he can learn not to be :)

Episode 2 has crossdressing... hohohoho

I picked up the artbook for the manga not too long ago, and it has some really cute illustrations. like this one-

Ok, I am done fangirling for now, at least until episode 2 :D
Apr 5, 2008 12:45 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, that was a pretty crazy EP1.

crazy setting i hafta say... never expected things would turn out that Irie and Kotoko would be staying together :)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Apr 5, 2008 11:14 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
kimatg said:
crazy setting i hafta say... never expected things would turn out that Irie and Kotoko would be staying together :)
Gotta love shoujo... you wouldn't believe the things they come up with to throw a guy and gal together xD

MagicalEmi said:
I really enjoyed ep 1, it was reasonably faithful to the manga~ I am still trying to get used to the character designs though. This is funny because they are actually much 'prettier' than the manga artwork which has a very unique style which may seem kind of scary. However, even though the character designs are rather different, every once in a while there is some aspect that really reflects the manga style.
I thought it was pretty faithful as well, and Kotoko almost looks prettier than in the manga - but without losing all her crazy faces xD I love it. And I think Kin-chan's voice actor did a really good job too, haha. The guy is crazy. And the mom is so crazy, I love her. ^^
Apr 5, 2008 12:47 PM

Jan 2008
Lol..
lovely anime have to say..
by the way.. any body got the feeling (Irie = sylvester stallone) .. i just notice that from the first look at his eyes..

can't wait for the next ep ><!

Apr 5, 2008 3:46 PM

Mar 2007
It was quite clear by the time the father mentioned they were staying at his friends place who she would have to live with. Liked the episode but I have to get over the fact that Hirakawa Daisuke is voicing the male lead, I don't like his voice.
Apr 6, 2008 6:36 PM

Dec 2007
It was alright, probably the best new show I've seen so far this season (sequels aside). The plot seems interesting enough to keep following the series, I'm not a huge fan of the old-school shoujo art style though.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Apr 6, 2008 6:42 PM

Nov 2007
I enjoyed the first ep. Giving me LovCom vibes atm, which is a good thing. Hope it can live up to or surpass those expectations.
Apr 6, 2008 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
Looks promising for comedy at least. I give them props for attempting the old school style but it's not my cup of tea.
Apr 6, 2008 7:33 PM

Jan 2008
Asako said:
I enjoyed the first ep. Giving me LovCom vibes atm, which is a good thing. Hope it can live up to or surpass those expectations.

Just exactly what I was thinking while watching the epi - LovCom-
Guess it's the anime style? The uncomplex character rendering? tonikaku, I've got room for a romance.
Apr 6, 2008 7:37 PM

Jul 2007
Nice episode, it looks like this is going to be a good series^_^
Apr 6, 2008 8:00 PM

Jan 2008
umm, personally, i look at animation quality before anything else, and... this reminds me of stuff that came out 5-7 years ago... the story line isn't bad... but the old character designs kinda throws me off a bit...
Apr 6, 2008 8:37 PM

Aug 2007
Only picked this up since m33w is doing it but it doesn't seem so bad so far.

YU YU HAKUSHO haircuts?
Apr 6, 2008 8:41 PM

May 2007
datsunvic said:
Asako said:

Just exactly what I was thinking while watching the epi - LovCom-
Guess it's the anime style? The uncomplex character rendering? tonikaku, I've got room for a romance.

Ditto. =) I hope this turns out to be good. I'm looking forward to seeing more. ^.^
Apr 6, 2008 8:47 PM

Jun 2007
I liked it quite a bit. ^^ The animation took me a moment to get used to, but I ended up rather liking it towards the end.

Kotoko's already grown on me. Her reactions are adorable. Kin-chan is pretty awesome too. He's seems like such a sweet guy.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode~
Apr 6, 2008 9:00 PM

Nov 2007
well glad I dont care about animation at all, for the most part, so hopefully this will be full of comedy
Apr 6, 2008 10:36 PM

Sep 2007
Well I have to say I really liked this first episode. I'll definitely be looking forward to more.
Apr 6, 2008 11:04 PM

Jul 2007
I found it to be pretty enjoyable. The characters and the comedy were quite engaging. It's going to be interesting to see how Kotoko and Naoki grow from here.
Apr 6, 2008 11:14 PM

Sep 2007
Despite his being a jerk, I like Irie. Looking forward to seeing how his character develops.
Apr 7, 2008 2:12 AM

Jan 2008
Character design isn't what I like, though the thing itself seems interesting. Would like to see it develop =3

我爱你

Apr 7, 2008 2:30 AM

Dec 2007
Nice episode. I hope this turns out to be an interesting shoujo

Apr 7, 2008 3:09 AM

Nov 2007
This is reminding me of Bokura ga Ita. I absolutely hate the guy at first but of course he will start opening up and yadda yadda.

Damn you shoujo anime!
Apr 7, 2008 3:31 AM

Aug 2007
Hmm it was an alright first episode. I didn't really like the art though but I'll get over it.
Apr 7, 2008 3:37 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
Hmm it was an alright first episode. I didn't really like the art though but I'll get over it.

Same here. It was quite predictable too, doubt I'll enjoy it too much.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 7, 2008 4:35 AM

Jul 2007
Not a bad first episode, and I have a feeling it will get even better. I do hope there's some good character development, though!

And I honestly don't see where all of the complaints about old-looking animation are coming from, I think it looks like the animators were trying too hard to make it look modern. I would definitely prefer something that actually looked like it was from the 90s.

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 7, 2008 5:19 AM
Feb 2008
I really love this Anime, after just one Episode, i really like Storys like that, where somebody move to one who this girl/boy love =)
Apr 7, 2008 6:00 AM
Sep 2007
didn't exactly blow me away, but wasn't too bad either, not an insta-drop at least ^^ and it seems like it could get somewhat interesting (if really predictable like some said already)
and the setting is at least a little bit original
Apr 7, 2008 10:10 AM

Jun 2007
Oh wonderfull - a nice 0815 shojo anime
I love it.... not.
Well the show has not much potential potential to break out of this cliche and probably won't get any better than average for me.
Oh well maybe we get some comedy later on.
Apr 7, 2008 10:13 AM
Dec 2007
I liked the first episode, although the art was a bit unusual for me. But after a while I got used to it, and besides, the story is pretty amusing XD (a badly built house that suddenly collapses...that's quite unique) I don't like Irie's personality that much, but maybe he's just tsundere? Anyway, looking forward to the next subbed episodes ^_^

I'm so glad I have found an anime of that kind, with only one possible pairing...I don't like harems and reversed harems that much, so yeah.
Apr 7, 2008 10:50 AM
Jan 2008
Character design is somehow old but the other things are good

Apr 7, 2008 10:59 AM

Nov 2007
I liked how it stayed pretty faithful to the original character designs without staying outdated. Like many people have said, you can still see traces of the original animation, but they've been beautified to meet our animation standards today
Apr 7, 2008 12:43 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't think they'd turn it into anime, but it should turn out interesting sine the manga was never completed....
avatar credit goes to Tifa@MAL ::tnx!::
Apr 7, 2008 1:00 PM

Feb 2008
wow very nice. funny yet interesting. definatley on my list.
Apr 7, 2008 1:06 PM

Mar 2007
ten6cha said:
I didn't think they'd turn it into anime, but it should turn out interesting sine the manga was never completed....

I predict that they will do what the Taiwan live action version did- end the season at manga volume 10. Then they have a good ending spot, but more material if they should decide to do another season. (unlikely, as shoujo series don't often seem to get 2nd seasons ;_; but at least the live action one got a season 2 since it was so hugely popular ^_^)
Apr 7, 2008 1:45 PM

Apr 2007
I watched this today and it was amazing!! I love the manga, so it only seem fitting that I will love the anime as well. I was going to put in into my favorites, but I can't since there's only 5 to pick with.

And I really love Kotoko and her friends. ^__^

Current Avatar: Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke
Apr 7, 2008 2:54 PM

Nov 2004
I never read the original manga (I should, being a huge shoujo manga fan) but yeah, enjoyed this episode. Okay, it's standard shoujo fare (or from what I've heard, all the other shoujo stuff you've seen that is 'standard' was influenced by Itazura na Kiss), which I'm perfectly fine with. It's pretty predictable what will slowly happen, if they ever get a working relationship they'll have troubles like hot ex-Girlfriends, jealous guys interested in Kotoko, an incident that will cause them both to fight and bring their relationship (temporarily) back to square one, etc. It's always like that. Heh.
Apr 7, 2008 3:50 PM

Dec 2007
kimatg said:

Haha, I totally knew that would happen.

i need your love, i'm a broken rose.
Apr 7, 2008 4:06 PM

Jan 2008
This seems like a really cute show. I'm looking forward to seeing how the relationship between the two main characters develops. It looks like I"ll have plenty of good shojo to watch this season. <3
Apr 7, 2008 4:16 PM

Feb 2008
oh boy, this seems like one of those guy hates girl, girl loves guy, guy ends up liking girl, blah blah blah. i suppose it might be fun to see what happens but i hope it doesnt turn out that way.
Apr 7, 2008 4:28 PM

Oct 2007
i can't compare it to the manga, but I recentely started watching the taiwan drama for this show, and the first ep was pretty much exactly the same! Except the drama gets a little akward with the acting (especially the girl who plays kotoko) so instantly i'm loving how it just works so much better in anime form.

I LOVE the animation. its so interesting =). yeah, i love quirky and unique animation styles. Kin-chan's accent / voice is a little annoying, then again i'm used to Jiro Wang playing his character (and i love jiro...). But Irie's voice is so hot =) i love it.

I'm really looking forward to this. <3 A good old-school shoujo story with new modern animation?! what else could i really ask for?
Apr 7, 2008 4:55 PM

Mar 2007
katsup said:
i can't compare it to the manga, but I recentely started watching the taiwan drama for this show,

then again i'm used to Jiro Wang playing his character (and i love jiro...).

Yes, even though the anime is more faithful to the manga version of kin-chan, Jiro IS adorable in the tv drama role :) Poor guy, he ends up playing nearly the same type of character when he was Nakatsu in HanaKimi, LOL :) But he does it so well ^^ The actor who plays kin-chan in the Japanese live action version is also closer to the manga/anime rendition of the character, but even he doesn't have The Hair :D
Apr 7, 2008 5:22 PM
Oct 2007
Maybe my expectations were too high. I have no problem with the animation or anything, but somehow the plot is moving really slowly. I agree with many that it's similar to Lovecom but comparing the first episodes of each anime, Lovecom wins by far! I had also watched the Taiwanese drama, and so far, the anime is nowhere up to par, except for Kotoko. Maybe I already knew the things that were going to happen and that drained the freshness from it. Hopefully, it picks up from here and gets better now that Kotoko and Naoki are living together.

MagicalEmi, I so agree with you. I hadn't looked up ads or the official site or anything before watching the first episode, so I was expecting a much better looking Kin-chan since I never read the manga, not liking the art on the cover. Jiro really is adorable. And Kotoko's friends, man, the live versions were much better.
Apr 7, 2008 5:30 PM

Dec 2007
Eh, it was ok. It seems Naoki is an interesting character who will make the series a bit funny at least.
Apr 7, 2008 7:09 PM

Apr 2007
It seems like the show will get better, but I have to get used to the way it looks. I don't really like any of the characters though.
Apr 7, 2008 8:02 PM

Mar 2007
I still can't understand why everyone is saying it looks strange XD It looks like a typical shoujo series to me ^^ Maybe everyone is used to loli shounen style now? o.o
Apr 7, 2008 8:32 PM

Jun 2007
hmmm... Character design is strange but its ok...
I like Kotoko's friends xD pretty original for a group of friends in anime.
I liked the first episode. Can't wait for #2 :D

Apr 7, 2008 10:28 PM

Jan 2008
It doesn't look strange at all, it's actually ok. I like what they've done so far. I'm glad that they made this classical shoujo type of story into a manga. I really enjoyed the 1st episode :)
Apr 7, 2008 10:33 PM

Oct 2007
MagicalEmi said:
I still can't understand why everyone is saying it looks strange XD It looks like a typical shoujo series to me ^^ Maybe everyone is used to loli shounen style now? o.o

i also dont know why people think the animation looks strange. I mean, it looks fairly typical shoujo-style animation... except some of the eyes look a bit odd, but not really that much. though i'm personally not a fan of the loli shounen type character designs XD;;;;

and yeah, jiro ended playing similar characters (hanakimi, iswak). kin-chans hair in the anime is so weird. It'll take some getting used to i think XD;;;

@Annisa. while i havent seen all of the drama yet, i thought that this was so much better than the drama. I love her friends in the anime better than the drama. i think knowing what happens does take the newness away from it but i still think i'm going to enjoy the anime more than the drama P:
Apr 8, 2008 1:13 AM

Feb 2007
MagicalEmi said:

Well, not everyone.

Just like with Kanokon, I agree with mostly what you said. This is the Shoujo I've been waiting for (Vampire Knight? Meh.)! I wanted to watch something old-school, and with some different art/character design. Plus, the story seems to be the most interesting in the long run. How many months/years pass by the time the mangaka reached Volume 10, since you think that is when the 26 episodes will end.
Apr 8, 2008 1:45 AM

Dec 2007
Dropped this show after about 10 minutes of watching it, I think it's a new record.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MagicalEmi - Sep 6, 2008

69 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.