Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 2020 12:05 PM

Jun 2017
snowykevin said:
octopus is quite the cultured man

It was a reference to Queen's Blade: Rebellion.

Apr 8, 2020 1:02 PM

Jun 2012
Really enjoyed this first episode!

Doga Kobo has definitely done their research with regards to depicting fishing accurately visually. They sold the premise of the show with their spot-on depictions of the mechanics of fishing reels, lures, etc, and they really got the way that fish move and open their mouths perfectly. I could 'feel' everything that was happening in this first episode, so it was definitely using the senses effectively to ground the viewer in this world.

Characters were cute, I liked their personalities, the comic timing and reactions were very funny, so overall this looks like it's going to be an enjoyable slice-of-life moe show!
Apr 8, 2020 1:49 PM

Mar 2009
Cute show and cute girls. I knew what to expect going into this one and I got what I wanted. Add the fishing on top and it seems like it's going to be a fun show.
Apr 8, 2020 4:51 PM

Jul 2013
Is it me, or does Kuroiwa look like she's 10 years older than the other girls? I thought she was the club advisor at first.
Apr 8, 2020 6:00 PM

Mar 2016
I love me a cute, slice of life, outdoorsy anime so I'm all about this rn! I hope it continues being as enjoyable to watch bc I absolutely love it so far!
Apr 8, 2020 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
Not much to say about this first episode. This was exactly what I expected, nothing more, nothing less. Usually the question is "can they make this interesting for a whole season?" and I hope they will, but it's tricky considering that fishing is basically just waiting for hours to catch and kill stuff.

Yuri-Crusader said:
Hina meet her old sweetheart! And Natsumi throw herself in Hinas arms. Awwww the lesbian lovebirds are so cute and they rekindle their love!!,YEEEEEEEES!

Are we watching the same show? x)
Apr 8, 2020 8:24 PM

Jul 2016
Lovely first episode. Characters seem nice and I like how lively the color palette is.

Still early to pick a best girl but I'm particularly interested in Makoto. Quiet girls usually tend to be my favorites in CGDCT shows so let's see.
Apr 9, 2020 9:53 AM

Dec 2016
It was a funny episode. I was surprised how quickly this episode felt (in a good way). :D

NextUniverse said:
so choose: this one or this one

Why you didn't used link to official song?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 9, 2020 10:27 AM

May 2015
This was just as I imagined it would be, pretty relaxing and cute. I'm glad it's not annoyingly cute, the characters seem alright and it can potentially be really nice SoL overall.
Apr 9, 2020 12:33 PM

Mar 2020
I thought worse honestly, there is a tolerant level of moe, nice characters and a different activity than usual, as well as a certain sadism towards the protagonist.

Good stuff.
Apr 9, 2020 12:48 PM

Jun 2013
Cute girls and fishing seems like a perfectly normal combo to me
Apr 9, 2020 3:11 PM

Nov 2012
I really liked it! The only thing is when I watch an anime like this I swear I have a skill that I don't. LOL
Apr 9, 2020 4:08 PM

Jun 2017
i think you can kinda tell covid took a little bite off of the production value

visually looks like it's from a decade back and there're couple moments that weren't animated terrifically well compared to what Doga Kobo is typically capable of doing
Apr 9, 2020 4:55 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! i never thought i enjoyed this new show from Doga Kobo
SoL fishing!
5/5.

Apr 9, 2020 7:42 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Actually this was really cute! I've always wanted to learn how to fish, so it really made me want to get on that. It's not overly moe and that's cool. This was pretty relaxing.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 10, 2020 2:00 AM

Oct 2007
tentacle monster help in the blackmail of Hina into the club.

those small fish they caught look tasty! :)

can relate a bit to this as I experienced fishing using that rod with many hooks. I caught one fish using shrimp meat as bait, but got badly sunburned, was in pain for days.

7/10 for first ep.
Apr 10, 2020 9:53 AM

Mar 2016
Basically : Cute Girls Doing "Fishing" Things

Apr 10, 2020 2:03 PM
Feb 2020
I agree with most, its a cute anime with a simple theme. I really liked it, especially the fishes which looked really cute. Might stick to it.
Apr 10, 2020 7:58 PM

Nov 2009
Ah yes... we've gone from Music Club to Astroid Club and now a Fishing Club.

What Club will the next season hold? LOL

(ones that isn't heavily funded like popular sports club, those are kinda boring since the feeling of achievements isn't as large as if you obtain it yourself and not from thousands of dollar the school throws at you)

___ ___ ___

Anyways, interesting episode. Was never a big fan of fishing, especially since I haven't really gone fishing myself... (games don't really count)

Also, didn't know you kill Octopus by turning it inside out... dang...
amlgApr 10, 2020 8:46 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 11, 2020 1:58 AM

Apr 2015
Better than expected. Came off as much better paced and dynamic than Asteroid, with a more interesting and fun cast

But at the same time didn't feel like it had A+ SOL potential, will almost certainly end up around a 6/10 in my scale
Apr 11, 2020 11:20 AM

Sep 2018
Actually, the PVs didn't impress me much, instead this episode proved to be delicious and fun, the narrative relaxed me and at the same time made me die laughing. The characters have proved suitable for the context and are very nice. The soundtrack is catchy, drawings and animations as good as quality. I think this show is my favorite of this season, I can't wait for the next episode to come.
Apr 12, 2020 4:52 AM

Aug 2016
I never thought I would watch a fishing anime, that was my hobby since I was a child and now watching it in anime is the best thing in the world xD
Apr 12, 2020 10:27 AM
Apr 2020
I honestly have no idea why I watched this. I hate fishing lol. My family took me to a cabin a few years ago and I threw their fish back in the lake so they wouldn't kill them! I'll probably watch till the end tho.
Apr 14, 2020 10:20 AM
May 2019
I got hooked by the first girl she meets accent. Also that the childhood friend looks like a young Komachi from Oregairu so that’s a plus
Apr 14, 2020 6:44 PM
Mar 2017
Too cute this first episode, I loved the girls who belong to the club, I was convinced by Hina's reactions, she is too adorable.

As in every season, Doga Kobo releases an anime with extremely funny girls in their activities of the club to which they belong.
Hina as the FMC is very adorable, I loved her innocence and good will, although it was a pity that Yuuki took advantage of this to drag Hina to the club, I also love her reactions in general, especially when she sees things that disgust her or they scare her, the octopus thing was too much for her.
Natsumi is the classic childhood friend with too much energy and too hyperactive, her voice reminded me a lot of Hinata from Wataten, they have the same energy and are quite similar in terms of the character design of both.
Yuuki is a very insightful girl and very good at cheating and taking advantage of others, in addition to having a rather relaxed and lazy personality.
And finally Makoto, who was personally my favorite, I love shy girls, also she seems a kind person and I am sure that she will move me with her kindness, also I already want to see her eyes, whenever in an anime a girl hides her eyes it's because they are beautiful.

The ost of this anime is beautiful, for some reason it reminded me a lot of Yuru Camp and Non Non Biyori, it has a very happy and relaxing sound, as for the ED it is too cute, I loved the chibi shape of the girls and I already want to know who is the sensei who is the supervisor of the club, she looks good.

Anyway, I am sure that I will enjoy each episode and I will get hungry when I see them cook some fish, I will wait every week to see the activities of this group of girls so particular.
Apr 15, 2020 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Doga Kobo doesn't relent with seasonal CGDCTs, and this series is no different, but the first episode here definitely sold better than last season's Koisuru Asteroid.

Fishing in anime, when was the last time we've seen such material like this?

Characters are definitely quirky, and WOW what a way to rub it in for first impressions a.k.a joining the club and such tactics. Nevertheless, looking forward to more of their funny interactions.

Hina being the total city folk newbie, Kuroiwa being the teasing geezer veteran. Natsumi being the tropey eccentric childhood friend, and shy Oono, rounds up the Breakwater Club, filling the *always bare minimum* of small club numbers of "fate".

"Ya catch it, ya eat it" sums Hina's virgin experience into her foray of fishing, no matter how much she's not into fishing, much less being unprepared for it. But experience makes up for it, and soon she learns the ropes through Natsumi and the rest.

Never have I found myself smiling throughout this episode, and even Hina's fear for creepy crawlies are some fun had.

A great start indeed. (Only now that Episode 4 and onwards are left to suspension due to Covid-19 which is sad...)

Apr 16, 2020 1:02 AM

Sep 2018
Another cute girls doing cute things! It's cute and relax show..
May 31, 2020 12:27 PM

Nov 2017
Dialect; liked it
Characters; cute and funny
OP/ED; Really good
Atmosphere; Amazing
Animation; Decent for such an anime I guess

I love seeing an anime with ocean/coast/harbour !!

plz @ me
Jul 11, 2020 8:22 AM
Dec 2019
i picked this show up on a whim, and didnt bother reading what it's about. but after 1 episode, so far it is a cute and fun anime. i think i'll stick with it.
Aug 2, 2020 12:55 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A SoL CGDCT type of show. Its even talked about an interesting scenario: fishing club! An excitement show, i believed. Unfortunately, i was too late to realise this sooner. Woops, my bad there. So, yeah, i am pretty enjoying this first part of Introduction. Hina's clumpsiness was understandable. And her kinky reaction there, lol, too adorable and so cute. I can't hold myself. I can't say much about the others girl. Its just too soon. A next episode might fortified my mind about their personality and their impact on my satisfaction. As i said, this is such a relaxing show. It just, well, so unfortunate to got a delay because of the COVID complex problematic. So, better than late, let me just finished this first fourth episodes!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 11, 2020 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Practically and simply it is to get out of your comfort zone and explore new things. In that case the girl has to overcome her fear of small animals (or sea animals). A slice of life of fish and rich fried fish.
Dec 20, 2020 6:44 AM

Sep 2018
I resume the vision of this anime series left in suspense, starting from the beginning. The first episode was very pleasant, the credit goes to the soundtrack that manages to relax a lot because of its sounds and the characters who are very nice and funny. The script and the direction do a good job offering a narrative with calm rhythms and with very funny comic sketches. Already in this episode all or almost all the characters are presented, so the wait and the nervousness that can arise in having to wait for a new character to show up is already set aside from the beginning, oh well! The quality of the foregrounds and backgrounds is appreciable, and the drawing style is not bad, perhaps also for this reason that I love Studio "Doga Kobo".
Jan 20, 2021 3:55 AM

Jul 2015
I've seen enough hentai to know what mr octopus would have done before he got slaughtered..

Fishing is fun but kinda sucks that Hina was forced to join. Glad that she at least tried it once more and found some joy catching the small fish after the traumatic octopus-incident

Feb 24, 2021 2:48 PM

Feb 2020
Very cute, funny, and relaxing start. I immediately got some Yuru Camp and Non Non Biyori vibes.

That club application scene was amusing. Poor Hina, lol. I loved her reactions throughout the episode.

SerafosDec 18, 2023 12:02 PM
Aug 7, 2021 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, i like them all, especially Ohno, such a babe.
GvendolineAug 9, 2021 5:08 AM
Apr 11, 2022 3:40 PM

Jan 2020
This has been on my want to watch list for a little bit now, and I'm hot off finishing Slow Loop and saw a thread about these being put head-to-head. So, here I am to double down on fishing anime.

This is much faster paced than I expected and reminds me more of some of the funny all female cast, "girl club" anime that I've enjoyed the past couple years.

My only quip being that I feel bad for Hina as she got bullied into this club. Kinda rubs me the wrong way, but, I suppose, this wouldn't be a show if not for the friction created by that premise. Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what's to come!

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 10, 2022 6:54 AM

Jul 2021
It's a pretty slow start and I can already sense some Nagatoro lite version here in Natsumi's character
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 6, 2022 11:34 AM

Aug 2019
I love this already! So happy this is finally available in my region! :D
Jan 8, 2023 9:34 PM

May 2022
As an angler who collects JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) fishing gear, I am really enjoying this basic introduction to Japanese fishing. This style of CGDCT is not my favorite, but the laid back and relaxed slice of life, and the fishing content, will have me coming back for the entire series.
Mar 19, 2023 2:53 AM
Aug 2022
Very good SOL anime
Oct 22, 2023 5:51 AM

Jul 2019
Decided to re-watch this lovely anime. Kuroiwa being sly like a fox never gets old. Oono is reliable and sweet and Natumi very genki indeed. Hina got herself a good crew.
Nov 28, 2023 10:19 AM

Dec 2022
The brutality of turning octopus guts inside out and biting fish heads off apparently mixes well with CGDGT, oddly enough. Hina's internal quipping is pretty funny as well, and definitely not something you usually see from shy and demure protagonists.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 29, 2023 8:32 AM

Jan 2013
lovecraftian tentacle ræp right off the bat. really makes you despair about the future of cute girls doing cute things if these kinda sexual deviant krakens creep into our slice of life anime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

38 by HanamiDango »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

70 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 11 Discussion

snowykevin - Sep 14, 2020

36 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:54 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 9 Discussion

Aversa - Sep 1, 2020

42 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

53 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.