Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2008 3:20 PM

Nov 2007
Loved the ending.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 27, 2008 3:23 PM

Sep 2007
from the first ep (which was kinda slow) i always thought "hey.. it might be interesting... and every ep from thereon got more exciting and interesting until i had completely fallen for it. Horo is teh win and i got the same feeling of emptiness and joy when i realized this was the last ep as with all my favourite animes... 11/10
Mar 27, 2008 4:32 PM

Dec 2007
That blush at the end!

YES! It's moving in the right direction :D

And say what you want, but I'll bet my right hand on them making season 2.

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Mar 27, 2008 4:40 PM

Oct 2007
MY WORD IS LAW and I demand that there be a second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2008 4:51 PM

Jan 2008
A pretty good episode overall, the wolf part was pretty awesome (though if that wanted to include some action, I wish she had fought those "youngster" wolves). But, since when did Lawrence have complete toleration of her wolf form, I mean that episode (don't remember the number) showed him get used to it at that moment, but I still think the transition would still freak him out a bit (I know I could never get used to the idea of a gigantic wolf let alone a cute girl transforming into one).

The series maintains its quality throughout, so a 9/10 for it.
Mar 27, 2008 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
A great episode as per usual! This was one of my favourite series of the season and at first I was even doubtful to watch it. 9/10

I hope they have a season 2!
Mar 27, 2008 6:16 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't "discover" Wolf and Spice untill the third epi. But, just on that one viewing, I was hooked. I too hope for a 2nd season. Got to agree, It does appear completly open for a second season.
Mar 27, 2008 6:17 PM

Nov 2007
Trineas said:
"Your name is a bit shorter"
"Ehhhhh?!"
That scene was fucking awesome xD as well as the last 5 minutes, including the ending <3

I lol'd.

A solid series overall. 8/10
Mar 27, 2008 8:09 PM
Aug 2007
Sometimes I'm having a hard time judging Horo, or at least how she acts with Lawrence. I mean I get it, but still... Well, I guess that's just one of the many reasons why I love this show so much :D
Mar 27, 2008 9:08 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
Very unique show, one of the 3 good anime of this season. Horo was awesome, I can't wait for the DVD episode.

9/10
Same score, same opinion.

Too bad second seasons often don't come unless there's tons of material to work with (like Holic). Well, on to the novels, although it might be a while still until I can read them legibly. ^^
Mar 27, 2008 11:19 PM

Jun 2007
maxcherry715 said:
A pretty good episode overall, the wolf part was pretty awesome (though if that wanted to include some action, I wish she had fought those "youngster" wolves). But, since when did Lawrence have complete toleration of her wolf form, I mean that episode (don't remember the number) showed him get used to it at that moment, but I still think the transition would still freak him out a bit (I know I could never get used to the idea of a gigantic wolf let alone a cute girl transforming into one).

The series maintains its quality throughout, so a 9/10 for it.

I think thats why she said close your eyes. It seems like he's grown accustom to her wolf form. It shows he trusts her more now then he did before.

It's funny seeing Horo try and get Lawrence to confess his love to her and him toying with her even more. I wonder how things will turn out for them when they finally reach their destination. We known they like each other but she's already admitted that humans and wolfs cant coexisting because of age and because of her being a non human. I hope theres a happy ending :D.
Mar 28, 2008 3:23 AM
Dec 2007
Overall very good series with an unusual theme (commerce) and an unusual female lead character (Horo) who is the main attraction of the series in my opinion. Too bad the animation is awful and the plot seems quite episodic sometimes. But the main characters and the opening/ending are so great that we can somewhat overlook these weaknesses. Moreover, there's still room for a second season, so it's all good.

9/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 28, 2008 8:34 AM
Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

It's funny seeing Horo try and get Lawrence to confess his love to her and him toying with her even more. I wonder how things will turn out for them when they finally reach their destination. We known they like each other but she's already admitted that humans and wolfs cant coexisting because of age and because of her being a non human. I hope theres a happy ending :D.

^This^

Also, great episode, even if it were a bit rushed. As everyone else, I am impatiently waiting for S2 :) Also liked how it was left open ended. It COULD just end there and still be good, but I am hoping the greed of the producers inspires them to make another season ;)
Mar 28, 2008 8:36 AM

Sep 2007
good ending i give it 9/10 and now i'm looking forward to the OVA :|

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Mar 28, 2008 9:07 AM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Very unique show, one of the 3 good anime of this season. Horo was awesome, I can't wait for the DVD episode.

9/10

Word by Word!
Mar 28, 2008 12:52 PM

Aug 2007
Haha the ending was pure gold!
Here's to an S2!

I don't understand why you aren't allowed to set this to complete until the release of the DVD only episode. Can't the anime itself be changed to 13/14 instead of 13/13? Makes no sense to have 13/13 and still be on 'watching'.
Mar 28, 2008 5:22 PM

Feb 2008
very nice show, a sequel is very much warranted.
Mar 28, 2008 10:05 PM
Jan 2008
Jacut said:
Too bad the animation is awful...

I've got to disagree there. This isn't an action show, so the animation's fine. Spotty at times, but certainly not awful...

We really need a second season...
Mar 28, 2008 11:00 PM

Jul 2007
Great episode, and great series.

Although i would have liked it to finish with 1series, and they live happily ever after :)

And on a side note, i cant mark it complete becouse the DVD episode doesnt come out for afew months? .. it most likely doesnt even have anything to do with the story.
Mar 29, 2008 3:16 AM

Nov 2007
It's better this way,there's surely gonna be a 2nd season,so even moar Horo!

Tho the ending was kinda plain,I loved this episode,plus we saw wolf-form-Horo in action =D
Mar 29, 2008 4:15 PM

Nov 2007
I gave it 4/5 because I was hoping till the end for a kiss, but I got disappointed once again XD
Hopefully we'll get a secon season, it's got a lot of potential.
Mar 29, 2008 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
I was reluctant to start watching this show, but it grew on me quickly after I started. I gave it an 8/10 overall, and if we don't get a season 2, I will fly to Japan, and urinate on those responsible during media coverage!!!!
Mar 30, 2008 12:10 AM

Jan 2008
oh finally i watched it, something wrong with my browser and veoh just wouldn't load. overall good, just that it hard to understand what they say, and sometimes i feel awkward, but no doubt one of the good animes this season. now i can't wait for epi 7
Mar 30, 2008 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
Good ending episode. The scene at the end with Horo and Lawrence was awesome. Hoping for a second season. And more Horo ;D
Mar 31, 2008 1:27 AM

Jul 2007
at first description, i was turned off because of the merchant thing etc. but i gave it a chance for some reason and lo...a 9/10 show! what kept me from giving this a 10 was the merchant/trading parts where i got lost..maybe because of the subs(was using BSS..was ayako's clearer?) or maybe im just a noob -_-

like the one in that last ep...i didn't quite get the thing about the gold. i was confused with all the numbers lawrence was blabbering about(6 thousand? 400? 600?) from what i could understand...he "tricked" nora into continuing to smuggle the gold because simply taking it wasnt enough right? and so how much did they get all in all?

and what was the five hundred rumione he was talking about? he was selling the gold back to remerio? well in any case, i was lost there but yeah, the show was still good.

OH. and before i forget. no kiss! :( T_T horo was soooooooooooo cute when she was running after lawrence when he said "however.." and she was waiting for his answer XD "uh..uh..oh..ma..matte!" just so cute i melted XD
Mar 31, 2008 7:01 AM
Dec 2007
There wasn't enough gold, you were correct in that. He "took" the earnings from the Gold and then sold it to Remerio at a higher price. Since they obviously didn't have any money for that (their company was on the verge of bankruptcy), he just took enough to pay his debt and forced them to enter into a 10 year debt with him. Basically, they will be funding his travels for ten years. :-)

Mar 31, 2008 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
Ah, the ending = <3

Horo and Lawrence together are just awesome. I need a second season! >=3
Apr 1, 2008 9:52 AM

Jan 2008
Hmm...I'll have to admit this wasn't quite what I was expecting. It seemed a little anti-climactic from the last episode. I thought there would be some more drama and action.

Overall this series didn't 'wow' me. It had some good parts that would get me excited, but then it would juts mellow down again. It's not bad, but it's not great...and some of the wolf anatomy in this final episode looked pretty bad. =/ The whole economy thing confused me at parts and I couldn't quite follow, so that didn't help either.

Oh well, it was still a pretty interesting series to watch, it just didn't have the kind of plot that would keep my attention for a long time.
Apr 1, 2008 3:09 PM

Feb 2008
I really enjoyed every episode of Spice and Wolf. It will race into my favorite list right after this post. I prefer thoughtful, intelligent and mature anime. In addition to that Im a huge "catgirl" fan. So, this show is just made for me ;)

Hehe, I had to prepare myself mentally for the last episode, quite I while. Now I watched it and normally should be extremly disappointed, because the three main things I was hoping for didnt occur:

1) An intense wolf-fight

2) A touching reunion of Lawrence and Horo

3) Wolf-babies with white hair and red eyes (ok....maybe I wanted too much)

Interestingly enough Im not dissapointed. This last episode left me with a satisfied feeling. They are still on their track, waiting for new adventures and quarrels to come. Its an open, but also very happy ending. *Thumbs up*

I personally have no choice. Im addicted. This is a clear 10/10 for me!

ALL HAIL TO THE TAIL!
FTGTApr 3, 2008 12:19 PM
Apr 2, 2008 12:06 PM

Jan 2008
Love it..
but an open ending? !<_<
hope there is a 2ed season.. (plz plz plz)
and still wating for ep 7

Apr 5, 2008 11:25 PM

Nov 2007
The overall plot of "mechanting" didn't interest me, but I loved Horo. I hope they make a second season and elaborate on the characters' relationships more.
Apr 6, 2008 6:14 AM

Feb 2008
I would like to give you some additional information about Spice and Wolf which I stumbled across surfing the Internet. But I dont want to open an extra thread for it. So if you are interested......"PUSH IT".

FTGTApr 6, 2008 6:35 AM
Apr 6, 2008 9:38 PM

Oct 2007
Yes, I really liked this show and after the terrible disappointment that was True Tears episode 13 I would give this honors as the best show of the winter.
Apr 7, 2008 8:59 PM

May 2007
So how long till the DVD episode, and the sequrl, please a sequel.

I liked this episode.
My anime list
Apr 8, 2008 2:52 AM

Oct 2007
great episode nonetheless, too bad it last only 13 episode. i wouldn't anticipating episode 7 which was only in dvd (but i will watch it when it is available anyway), but i do hope there are season 2. this show is too good to be end now. i mean, there are much more things they can do together! i want more horo! 9 out of 10! ^3^
Apr 8, 2008 10:26 AM

Sep 2006
I'll admit that halfway through this show I became sort of...bored. However, even after saying that, the last few episodes were so good that I couldn't stop watching.
I really hope there'll be a second season.

9/10
Maybe a bit generous, but I enjoyed the last few episodes so much, and looking back on the show almost everything was perfect.

AikoD said:
I was hoping till the end for a kiss, but I got disappointed once again XD

I was thinking that too and like yourself I was disappointed, but perhaps its something to look forward to XD
Apr 8, 2008 3:04 PM

Aug 2007
Even though there was no kiss - I loved it!

And yeah - The kiss is actually something to look forward to - a second season would be useless if there would be a kiss in the first ;)

I frickin laughed during the church bell scene =D
Apr 8, 2008 6:26 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty good ending over all 9/10.
Can you smell a second season in the making?
Apr 8, 2008 8:42 PM

Nov 2007
it's been a long while that I've been completely sucked into the characters. The character development is amazing, and i really really hope there's more.

I was not disappointed by the end i did think there would be more fighting with horo and the young wolf but, in the end not disappointed. Mostly because, I think, with the character development so strong and deep, its as if I trust the decisions they make lol. really odd, and weird for me to say something like that, but it was like 'horo doesn't want to fight?' okay that's fine with me... lol >_<

I will be disappointed if there's not more! that bell scene also made me laugh. Great Great anime, a definite 10 out of 10.
Apr 27, 2008 7:52 AM

Mar 2008
I frankly loved it. And I also wish they had something of FTGT's fantasy, cuz I would love to see that happen! :] But no, I'm really hopeful for a second season but like some other really good series, coughFate/staynightcough, its kinda a slim chance for a season 2. They wrapped it up real nice but they need a good plot. Maybe some more danger? More bankruptcies? Maybe? Hmm... or more LawrencexHoro action would be great as well. They should def. make a Spice and Wolf movie, OVA, and season 2. And if that happened...well I would be in heaven! Though all in all, the ending was great. It's always good to leave freedom to the imagination!

EDIT: Actually if there is to be a season 2, I won't expect it until next year. But let's just say they could release a coupla movies and OVAs for us right? The chances are about 65% i say in favor of season 2 if the popularity keeps going up but then again coughfate/staynightcough.......
PoparteebApr 27, 2008 7:57 AM
Apr 29, 2008 10:33 PM

Jan 2008
what a really nice ending. but i kinda expected more (romance)but hey, it could happen in the ova (ep 7)

i cant wait!!! >.<
May 2, 2008 2:46 AM

Apr 2007
Great series, good ending. Definitely want a sequel, but whether we'll get one or not i'm not sure. Overall, 9/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2008 10:49 PM

Jan 2008
My affection to this anime went so far that I even prepared peaches in honey for myself 'cuz from the moment Horo started to desire them so much I felt I WANT THEM! xD
May 14, 2008 7:46 PM

Dec 2007
That was a good series loved the whole story I give it 10/10 now only if there was a sequel..
Jul 6, 2008 2:38 PM

Mar 2008
hoping for a sequel, but thinking twice, just what will happen to that uniquely cute couple when Lawrence have taken horo to the north, will they part ways, but that's too sad for me, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, guys, im thinking twice about it, this series is a little good by it self, but not really complete, oooh well
Jul 29, 2008 9:12 AM

Mar 2008
this anime have been truly uniqe to me
Jul 29, 2008 12:55 PM

Jun 2008
It was a nice ending, but they definitely need another season. I was disappointed that Horo & Lawrence didn't kiss or anything. It seemed like they crammed too much into this last episode as well. Please come out with a 2nd season!! XD
Aug 10, 2008 1:29 AM

May 2008
A Really great series.
Aug 26, 2008 1:12 AM

Jul 2008
I don't know why, but I found the series to be very interesting.
Sep 7, 2008 5:18 AM

Mar 2008
ahh sequel so tht they actually reach the north, and i wanted more couple action at the end (some confessing or kissing?) but if they do an OVA/sequel with tht, ill be more than happy :D
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 16, 2008

146 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 17, 10:00 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

31 by Chronoes »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 6, 2008

154 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 9, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

153 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 4, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 18, 2008

133 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 30, 9:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.