Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 27, 2010 9:35 PM

Apr 2007
and just when i thought they couldnt make STB any better, they proved me so wrong!

That is what happens when you make a movie with tripple of the first seasons budget, heh.
Nov 28, 2010 12:02 AM

Apr 2010
i had waited too long to see this movie..... At last i able to download it....
it awesome...... story,scene, and sound..... all awesome...
I really miss fate.....

^_^

Nov 28, 2010 11:44 AM

Jan 2010
That movie... I loved it.
The pacing was not too slow and not too fast.
We also got to see Precia's past, and that was awesome.
The art was awesome as well, watching Nanoha befriend Fate with BD quality was really nice.
I have no complaints, 9/10.
Wafu~ !
Nov 28, 2010 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
there are many things to like about this movie but one of the things i really like is the transformation sequences....they were kept to a minimum. in fact i think it was only once for each. maybe they wanted to spend the time on other crucial things but there is nothing more annoying than a repeat of a sequence you have seen a million times.
Nov 29, 2010 2:22 PM

Aug 2007
Well, at least one FULL transformation, the others were only partly shown. I liked it and it was more stylish than of the tv series. I think they really did well: this is what the first season should have been like. A friend of mine couldn't get past the first three episodes, but this is recommendable for everyone.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Nov 29, 2010 6:49 PM

Apr 2009
It was a really good movie, enough to be a substitute for the first season itself, it doesn't really throw away the essential parts and keeps the action and plot on a good pace and linearity. If anything I think they made Fate even more awesome, they really did put an increased detail into her eyes and really made her character that much more appealing. The increased backstory about Fate, Alicia and Precia was done even better than the series, although other things like issues with the Takamachi family and with Alisa and Suzuka seemed to be played down considerably. I'm definitely looking forward to the second movie now.

More thoughts about the movie here.
SteelMaverickDec 8, 2010 4:12 AM
Nov 29, 2010 7:37 PM

Apr 2009
This was just 2 hours of child abuse with an awful contrived plot that bled obnoxious clichés... I will never understand how anyone can like this, and I'm so glad that I didn't waste time watching the series.
Nov 29, 2010 8:30 PM

Jul 2007
Pros: Souping up the battle scenes, Precia backstory, cutting out all the series' beginning fluff.
Cons: Cutting out how Nanoha, Alisa and Suzuka became friends - an integral part of what makes Nanoha Nanoha. Fate's more "lively" personality at the start. Pacing problems at the start (Nanoha can use Divine Buster on her first go-around? Srsly?)

8/10 on the whole. No better or worse than the first season.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Nov 30, 2010 12:27 AM
Nov 2009
How nostalgic, seeing my favourite loli(Nanoha FTMFW) on screen again! This time with way better animation and backgrounds too! Though it feels like Fate definitely stole the show since she got most if not all the focus on development, then again this is a movie and I thought they did an awesome job with the time limit.
Dec 1, 2010 11:53 PM

Aug 2009
NANOHAAAAAAA

//STARLIGHTTTTTTTTT BREAKERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Dec 2, 2010 8:04 AM

Jun 2009
Xyresic said:
NANOHAAAAAAA

With the movie adaptation, we can see that Nanoha possessed Gundam powers since she was a child...
nishimariDec 2, 2010 8:10 AM
Dec 2, 2010 1:06 PM

Sep 2008
ReaperEXE said:
This was just 2 hours of child abuse with an awful contrived plot that bled obnoxious clichés... I will never understand how anyone can like this, and I'm so glad that I didn't waste time watching the series.

*Clicks name* Wow, your one to talk lol. Man I hate trolls. >_<

Anyways, I can definitely say my expectations were more than just met. I can't believe how well they done with this movie. I absolutely loved everything about it. But man, seeing Fate whipped like that again, it's like a sword being stabbed through the heart to me, it was even more painful to see Fate in that state again because of how much more I come to love her over these years. ;_;
Dec 2, 2010 2:10 PM

Sep 2007
The lolicons are fapping all over Nanoha's bare disgusting flat chest.
Dec 3, 2010 6:15 AM

Apr 2010
EtherSword said:
ReaperEXE said:

*Clicks name* Wow, your one to talk lol. Man I hate trolls. >_<

Anyways, I can definitely say my expectations were more than just met. I can't believe how well they done with this movie. I absolutely loved everything about it. But man, seeing Fate whipped like that again, it's like a sword being stabbed through the heart to me, it was even more painful to see Fate in that state again because of how much more I come to love her over these years. ;_;

agree it....

^_^

Dec 3, 2010 11:55 AM

Jun 2010
Wasabi said:

You translated it wrong.

DFC = Delicious Flat Chest
Dec 4, 2010 1:48 AM

Sep 2007
omnimon3000 said:
Wasabi said:

You translated it wrong.

DFC = Delicious Flat Chest

I like my version better.
Dec 5, 2010 2:07 PM

Oct 2010
Xyresic said:
NANOHAAAAAAA

nuff said, too bad it was "just" a recap but hey, when i saw this scene i just shouted
STARLIGHTT BREAKKAAAAAAA, so yeah i love this movie.
Nowadays there arent really much mahou shoujo that can be compare with nanoha imo. So it is still one of my fav mahou shoujo ever.
Dec 11, 2010 9:05 AM

Nov 2010
Amazing. It went from epic battle to epic battle with barely any interruptions, and yet still managed to have some great characterization and truly heartwarming moments - which I actually thought were in some ways better than those from the original season. I really loved the ending - it was so heartwarming that it reminded me of Clannad.

Nanoha's Starlight Breaker spell in particular caused my jaw to drop - it made her awesome Season 2 Starlight Breaker look like child's play. It very nearly equalled her Season 3 Blaster Mode.

My only problem - did they really have to de-censor Nanoha's chest? Seriously? Only in Japan...

Nevertheless, it's still the best anime movie I've ever seen, although admittedly I haven't watched that many. I was afraid that it would sorely dissapoint me and be a pathetic imitation of the series, but it surpassed all my expectations. It was far better than season one, and I loved season one.
Dec 12, 2010 2:16 PM
Apr 2009
man the girls really got buffed, its OP, i want to see the new stronger triple breaker scene
Dec 13, 2010 7:14 AM

Oct 2009
Dec 19, 2010 9:12 PM

Aug 2009
If the first recap is good.
I'll probably shitting myself in every single scene at the 2nd recap.
Dec 24, 2010 5:31 PM

Jul 2009
Great movie, the Starlight Breaker scene was amazing @_@, also am I the only one who didn't like Bardiche's new voice ._.?
Jan 4, 2011 7:08 AM

Sep 2008
Very good movie. The battle animation was totally awe... no eyegasmic.

Were they playing wit Nintendo Wii at Arisa's house? :)

And the SLB scene. WTF was that?? A SLB that big wasn't even in SS O_O
entauri.deviantart.com

Jan 5, 2011 3:26 PM

Jun 2008
FEITO!!!!

Loved the movie, better than the original first series, and the animation was top notch...

It was great to see Fate and Nanoha in their Loli forms again, although I do PREFER the adult bodies, especially Fate's adult body.

Also,Precia you can ROT IN HELL you merciless, cold hearted bitch, how dare you treat Fate that way, Fate is many times better than Alicia.

Overall, there was a lot of action, a lot of FATE X NANOHA moments, and I have very little complaints about this movie.

I look forward to the next movie, and more FATE X NANOHA.

9/10....A great movie.
Jan 16, 2011 10:59 AM

Oct 2008
Okay I just downloaded this yesterday and I was wondering if I could just watch the movie instead of the series? Or do I have to watch the series to know what's going on? D: Please comment on my profile with a reply if you could. I'd see it sooner. I'm very interested in the show. But I don't wanna waste my time, y'know? :1

Jan 25, 2011 10:10 AM

Jun 2009
In the end, Precia remembered that Alicia wanted a lil sister... Fate...

Like she said, she always realize things when it's too late...

the animation is damn good ^_^ though Nanoha's story was removed from the movie, they showed us more of Testarossa Family's back story. The pacing is a bit... but oh wells ^_^lll

The bridge scene and Fate's final "talk" with Precia as "Fate Testarossa" was done wonderfully ^_^

7/10 for this nicely done movie. If only this is a 3 hour movie which covers Nanoha's side of the story
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2011 9:58 PM

Sep 2008
plain awsome, i loved the pace of te movie, even if nanoha was so godly powerfull at the begining, almost crying (again) in the ribon exange scene...really a good movie of the most powerfull and cute magic girl in all animes ever (and yeah im talking to you madoka)

ALL HAIL FLAT CHEST, AL HAIL NANOHA´s FLAT CHEST
the official nipples!!! i can die now
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Feb 14, 2011 12:15 AM

Mar 2009
Definitely rate this movie at the top of the list. All the good things of the first season were kept which made the movie enjoyable and the new animations were great especially the over-the-top Starlight Breaker. It went deeper into Precia's backstory which was not in the tv series and it made me feel for her whole family even more.
Feb 27, 2011 1:25 PM
Sep 2009
Yeah, I liked how the movie went more in depth with the Testarossa family. Having watched the TV series and the movie back to back in a couple of days, I must say that the movie is vastly superior. Everything was improved upon and the battlescenes were actually pretty captivating unlike in the TV series. The Starlight Breaker attack Nanoha used was complete overkill though, it's like those building were there just so she could blow them all into smithereens.
Mar 25, 2011 3:44 AM

Mar 2010
Does anyone know where we can get an English subbed version of this?

It's the commentary track of the movie, featuring the forwards and both Nanoha and Fate.
Apr 4, 2011 9:43 AM

Jul 2009
Well, that was quite frankly amazing. One of the most heart-warming anime movies I've ever watched with a huge dose of action.

Nanoha is sort of like... Mecha meets Mahou Shoujo. Especially the final fight between Nanoha and Fate.

Maybe I should watch the original series now.
Apr 5, 2011 2:24 PM

Apr 2007
Psychodrake said:

Maybe I should watch the original series now.

Yes, you should.
May 6, 2011 12:02 AM

Dec 2007
ReaperEXE said:

Judging from your list, you don't seem to *like* anything, though. Other than the obvious "safe" anime that every "hardcore" anime fan likes. (Gintama, TTGL, Baka to Test...)
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
May 18, 2011 6:38 PM

May 2011
This is a good movie. One thing I thought was interesting is that Raising Heart and Bardiche spoke English and not Japanese. I also liked the ending and that Nanoha and Fate became friends.
Jun 12, 2011 6:01 PM

Jul 2009
I guess I should move on to the second season of Nanoha now and just skip the first.
Ah if only the movie for the second was out, I do enjoy the flashy effects in 1080p BD.
Jun 30, 2011 2:12 PM

Sep 2009
Wow Nanoha's english is good to be able to understand raging heart's english :)
I thought i will be bored watching this since its the same story line as the anime, but i was wrong...everything was redrawn and there are so many new stuff added to make the movie great. 10/10 for me. Totally enjoy that. Did Nanoha A's movie came out too?
Jul 26, 2011 8:23 AM

Sep 2010
Such beautiful art and animation.
A's Movie will be much better, I'm sure.
>mfw Wii
How does Arf age? Fate and her were both children at the same time, when Arf matures Fate hardly grows, then when Fate matures, Arf remains the same.
Don't Be Long. Awesome.
In the TV series, didn't the Jewel Seed cat just grow? Not mutate into that monster. Also, wasn't Nanoha's ribbon she gave Fate supposed to be pink? >> Not that it matters.
Jul 28, 2011 3:07 PM

Apr 2007
AngelicFeces said:

How does Arf age? Fate and her were both children at the same time, when Arf matures Fate hardly grows, then when Fate matures, Arf remains the same.
Don't Be Long. Awesome.

Arfs appearance is dependent on how much magic Fate is feeding to Arf. Back when Fate was a child (the flachbacks in the movie) she wasn't able to provide Arf with much power... By the time of the current events in the movie, she was able to give Arf more power, so she could help her search for the jewel seeds. On the other hand, keeping a familiar puts a lot of stress on the mages body, so in StrikerS Arf regressed back to her loli form, so Fate wasn't being drained as much by keeping her. Familiar are usually always given a purpose, and then the contract ends when they fulfill that purpose. But Fate's contract with Arf is one that doesn't end until death.

/rant end
Oct 1, 2011 12:19 AM

Jun 2011
DID I JUST SEE LOLI NIPPLES. FUCK THAT SHIT.
Other then that, this movie made the original show it's bitch. More action and development for Fate. Really excited for A's movie.
Inb4itBecomesEva2.0
Oct 1, 2011 10:56 PM

Jun 2011
Seconding the above post. So many things I could say how this movie is a massive improvement on the original series... better pacing, the visuals are amazing, more backstory..

This is the most I've seen Raising Heart speak in any Nanoha series, though (save StrikerS because I haven't watched it yet)
Jan 22, 2012 11:18 AM

Sep 2009
DarkRyuusei said:
also am I the only one who didn't like Bardiche's new voice ._.?

Same here.

Actually, I pretty much disliked every alteration they made compared to the TV series. I really have hard time rating this show because of that since the base story and execution were great in TV, but besides 16:9 and some new scenes this movie brought almost nothing new to the table. Completely new and simpler story would have been better for the movie. The story had way too much content for a movie.
Feb 4, 2012 3:48 AM

Sep 2011
Didn't realize it was rated R+ o_o;; It was much better than the first season but I wish they didn't skip too much scenes with Nanoha's friends and such. I thought the explanation for why she's so stubborn in asking for the reason why Fate fought her was necessary, but I liked the action scenes this time around :D
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Mar 22, 2012 6:22 AM

Oct 2008
Wasn't a big fan of the series, but knowing what to expect going in, i actually enjoyed it allot, excellent animation.

Was definitely well suited to a movie format, the pacing felt much more natural than for example the evangelion movies.

Raising Heart VA was painful my only real criticism.
Jul 17, 2012 9:14 AM

Sep 2010
Good job on summarizing the first season. They did a very good job in art and animation. And fight scenes were animated quite well. And they also added some background info about Fate-chan, Prestecia and Alicia.

But movies still plagues from series' short comings. Anyway a good watch.

7/10
Jan 13, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2010
Why does the axe keep saying "Sir" to a girl? There was absolutely no character development for Nanoha even though she was the real main character. Should have renamed this movie as "Mahou Shoujo Fate" or something like that
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 23, 2013 7:07 AM
Sep 2007
DarkRyuusei said:
also am I the only one who didn't like Bardiche's new voice ._.?
Bardiche is still voiced by Kevin J. England, same actor who voiced it in series, altough I too noticed Bardiche sounded kinda different.
Mar 24, 2013 4:53 PM
Oct 2010
this movie was pretty goddamn win. loved them fight animations and transformations. brought the feelz
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 30, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
I finally got around watching this movie after hearing that the second movie was subbed a few weeks ago.

Hmm, my impressions on this movie:

..Nice animation, I see it has improved.
A lot of cute moments like the nekos
Nice to see Fate and her transformation scene - like a boss.

Arc Saber
Nice.

Gotta love Fate tbh. Oh and nice to see Arf in this movie. It's been awhileeeee.

Dat fight. I definitely enjoyed watching it. I also felt sorry for Fate of course although I know about their back story from the original series. Team work baby - Fate and Nanoha <3

7/10for this movie.
Apr 10, 2013 10:44 AM

Jul 2008
lol Obviously this movie wasn't for me. Completely hated it. Full of clichés and fake superficial reactions combined with spotty and predictable writing masked behind thinly veiled overlong shounen-esque action scenes. The ending was by far the worst part. While I don't disagree with the touchy feel-good message of friendship and love, I just felt it was dripping in cheese and I just couldn't quite shake it off upon reaching the credits. It feels revolting knowing how content they were with such a simple artificial idea rather than fleshing out some truly three-dimensional convincing characters with realistic doubts to get you thinking. Like I said, not for me. So please don't flame. To each their own.

2/10
NeoBaschApr 10, 2013 10:59 AM
Sep 6, 2014 12:00 AM

Nov 2012
Woah, that epic battles, love them.

I just miss epic opening from the series.

8/10 going to next movie
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Nanoha The Movie 1st Soundtrack is awesome!

Alpha-Methyl - Aug 15, 2017

0 by Alpha-Methyl »»
Aug 15, 2017 5:57 AM

» Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 1st

Me262 - Apr 8, 2017

4 by InsaneLeader13 »»
Apr 8, 2017 4:47 PM

» Watch the Movie or the Tv series?

JoeLT - Dec 11, 2011

6 by AkitaSaito »»
Mar 20, 2014 10:01 PM

» Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

t0ny - Jan 25, 2011

4 by AirStyles »»
Jan 26, 2011 12:56 AM

» Chapter Timecodes?

scifantasy - Jan 19, 2011

0 by scifantasy »»
Jan 19, 2011 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.