Forum Settings
Forums
The Boy and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 3, 2016 3:25 AM

Feb 2012
It was rushed but easily one of his best films imo. Its up there with TGWLTT for me and thats one of my all time favs.

I just wished it was longer so we could get character development and world building, the beast world look so interesting(the travelling part of the movie should have been more fleshed out). The lack of fleshing out the world really brought the film down(especially the 2nd half). Just leaves you wanting more.

Overall its amazing, better than Wolf Children and Summer Wars but below TGWLTT.
Apr 3, 2016 7:37 AM

Feb 2015
Man, this is mile's above Summer Wars (IMO), Still have to watch Wolf Children soon.

This movie is amazing, I mean, just watching it and you can see how beautiful it is, and the smooth animations made each fight that much better. Man there are some moments that I'd love to have as my computer background.
I am a big fan of Kumatetsu and his way's early on, he was just like a new parent at first and had no clue what to do, and the bound between him and Ren grew and that was really fun to watch. I must say that at the moment when Kumatetsu came down as that sword, that moment made me tear up, yeah it was so predictable but it was still an amazing scene.

The only thing I wish was more fleshed out what those Ren and Kaede moment's, sure they seem like a good couple but I just wish they had more screen time to really knock those details out more, either way that area was a bit rushed but that's what you can do in the amount of time.

I would Highly recommend this movie to anyone, heck I even got a few friends planning to watch it now, and here's hoping that Funimation's Dub is good as well.

5/5 - 10/10 from me
Apr 4, 2016 4:40 AM
Dec 2009
I finally got to see this last week! I've been waiting for the DVD release!

Overall the animation was great, it was a fun movie to watch visually. I also fell in love with all the characters and found myself crying towards the end.

I loved that this movie is focused on father-figures instead of mother-figures (as so many stories are). I found myself torn between the human and the monster world though. I felt sad as Kyuuta began to choose the human world over the monster world, but I guess that's where he belongs.

The Moby Dick references were a little in-your-face and didn't feel necessary... how would a human child raised in the monster world even know what a whale is? Were there whales in the monster world?

The end battle is Shibuya was cool for anyone who knows Shibuya though.

Bakken said:
The characters was so likable! and I think that's what made the movie for me. If they've just simplified the story (gladly by dropping the whole "Returning to the human world" element IMO) and chosen fewer things to focus the story on, I think this movie could've become amazing!

Agreed, I think you summarized what I was feeling really well! Haha. The first 2/3s of the movie were great but as things went on and there was more back-and-forth with the human world the story felt unfocused.
Apr 8, 2016 4:03 PM

Oct 2009
I just wanna rewatch Wolf Children now.
Apr 12, 2016 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
Kira & L are brothers in this movie!
lol, I just wanted to say it somewhere.

8/10 Liked it :)
Apr 22, 2016 1:21 AM

Dec 2014
Loved the character relations and development. Kumatetstu and Kyuuta relationship unfolded beautifully and was a pleasure to see.

I loved how rather than a simple Master-Student relationship it was more about both of them learning from each other so it became sort of a Master-Master/Student-Student relationship.

Kaede and Ren's relationship was really nice to watch as well as it expanded Ren's outlook the world.

The last quarter did feel rushed with the forced antagonist appearance and his quick backstory, Not really much insight into Ichirouhiko's emotions. Nevertheless I still enjoyed that final parts.

Overall it was a visually stunning traditional coming of age tale that was delightful and immensely satisfying to watch, Maybe not the greatest movie but still thoroughly enjoyable.
8/10
Apr 24, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2013
Loved everything but the awkward ending
8/10
Apr 27, 2016 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
I have nothing to say ... Just .. Wow , this is the best animated film jap I 've seen in my life
Apr 30, 2016 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
Well, well. Can't say it wasn't nice movie that would have got passing grade as fairytale I guess. But it tried so hard to be so family-friendly that it lost its soul in the process. For me it felt empty and it's theme did nothing for me. It felt like perfect example of what would happen if you make a movie perfectly by the book, taking no risks in its creation. Each Mamoru Hosoda work is getting more and more mainstream and if you saw his previous pieces there is almost nothing to surprise you. He's also lowering his demands for the story and spoonfeeding things to its viewers more and more. Subtlety and cleverness of Toki wa Kakeru Shoujo slowly disappears and I can't say I really like it.

Still I need to at least acknowledge its great animation and good slice-of-life moments. But that's almost everything there is to it.

6/10 Enjoy and forget.
May 5, 2016 11:25 AM

May 2009
Kumatetsu has to be one of the most likable mains in a long long time. 8/10 for the movie itself.
May 15, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2011
9-10/10 first half even with somewhat cringey moments, enjoyed every last bit of it. Second half tho, was near 2/10 to be honest, almost unwatchable for me, before Kumatetsu becomes the sword in Kyuuta's heart. Sigh, I wish there was no drama and angsty moments in the second half, it was not needed imo. Ending was pretty good, but I wish Kyuuta would have stayed in the other world with that girl. Oh well. :/

A sequel would be nice, kinda like Disney movies where the kid of the protagonist starred in the next film, having his/her own adventure to the wonderland.

P.S. Animation for the final fight looked beautiful btw, the blue whale and flaming red sword effect
ToG25thBaamMay 15, 2016 9:15 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 22, 2016 2:21 AM

May 2012
IciBurn said:

Overall its amazing, better than Wolf Children and Summer Wars but below TGWLTT.

Summer Wars ?! Thats one of the worst anime movie I've seen
Jun 1, 2016 5:22 AM

Jul 2013
I have my own complaints with this movie. (even though I enjoyed it in the long run) But to everyone complaining about the "mouse" You do realize that the "mouse" thing is most likely his mom right?
Jun 4, 2016 2:17 PM
Feb 2016
For me it was great.
Jun 5, 2016 8:35 PM

Jan 2011
what a lovely movie ,loved summer wars and wolf children so i enjoy it despite it's childish moments.

somethings i would of preferred if it was based on a world of Yokai's instead of beasts and i was hoping to get some epic swordsmenship in the end i just got some edgey panda hat wearing kid as the antagonist.

still a very enjoyable movie 8/10 really need to know that damn song when kyuuta frist went back to tokyo
Jun 10, 2016 12:34 AM

Sep 2015
That was was a great movie to put on and watch with the family. Like some have mentioned it has a very Disney-like feel to it. What I really liked about this film was how it didn't end how one would expect it to end. We're set up with the premise of defeating a rival in a tournament as the ultimate goal but in the end it was a story about the importance of family and overcoming one's darkness, a darkness that exists inside all humans that when left unhecked can turn us into beasts.

Overall the movie was well animated. I'm going to reference it once again but it did feel like I was watching a Disney movie just with a bit of Japanese flair. The art was decent, nothing at the level of The Garden of Words, but that's okay because the world in this movie does not need to be stunningly beautiful to add to the overall feel of the movie.

Soundtrack wise, no pieces come into mind. Unfortunately the soundtrack is a bit lackluster, it didn't really make much of an impact on me. Compared to something like Madoka Magica with a soundtrack that added emotion and impact to the scenes, there was just nothing notable.

Characters would have to be the best part about this film. The development of Kyuuta and Bear-man was really exciting to see. Watching both of them grow had it's own funny moments but it also had a strong impact in the final part of the movie. The decisions they make were heavily influenced by the way the two of them bonded over the course of 8 years and at the end it was as if we were seeing different characters. Not all of the characters were fully developed though in comparison to Kyuuta and Bear-man. The main villain felt a bit weak and we didn't get to see much of Iouzan. We get that the villain is evil but why? Like the darkness mentioned in the movie it felt like there wasn't much there.

Bit of inconsistancy that annoyed me was at the end when Bear-man went down and the count to 10 began, the count was stopped at 9 because a random boy stood up in the crowd and yelled. Bear-man should have lost the duel but the referee makes an exception just for the boy (Kyuuta) which allows Bear-man to get back up and defeat Iouzan. I get that they were going for some extra dramatic tension but for someone like me I find moments like that extremely annoying.

At the end of this 2 hour film I was left with a smile and that's how I usually end up at the end of Disney films. The whole movie itself was good but it is also far from perfect. Sometimes you just have to turn off the critical part of your brain and enjoy what the film has to offer, if you do you'll probably end up with a smile just like myself.

8/10
Jun 11, 2016 7:12 PM

Apr 2008
ahhh I loved this movie so much! enjoyed it the whole way through, it was super sweet and made me laugh. my favorite parts were definitely when kyuuta first started training haha. and kumatetsu is great! i give it an 8/10
Jun 12, 2016 12:39 PM

Nov 2008
I'm always surprised how easily Mamoru's characters can adapt to the surpernatural/science-fiction elements introduced in the plot, it should feel unrealistic and inconsistent, and yet I just love how not only the characters get along with the surrealistic elements but they even play with them.
I'm gonna say it, like his other works, the story didn't make any sense. We started off with a story about a Beast competition to end with something that had nothing to do with that, and along the course we got introduced with a variety of others themes, bouncing back and forth from fantasy to realism, comedy to drama, art-martial to school life... All wrapped up in a two hours movie with a rushed, unstructed and yet catchy story.

Toki Wo Kakeru Shoujo, Summer Wars, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki and this movie are complete trainwreck, but emotionnal, sugary, light-hearted, adventurous and breathtaking trainwreck.
Jun 17, 2016 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
This movie is better than TGWLTT, but not as good as Summer Wars and Wolf Children.

It never says in the movie that children are stupid and don't have to take responsibility. Quite the contrary. I think, one of the themes is that you should not succumb to your negative emotions/dark side.

They mentioned Moby Dick maybe twice in the entire movie. Is that really too much?

The only part I didn't like that much was, when Ichirohiko turned into Sasuke.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 28, 2016 3:27 AM

Jun 2013
I loved it but I felt like Ichirouhiko suddenly becoming the bad guy was kind of unexpected. I thought he was just going to be rivals with him. Also, from the get-go, wasn't it obvious that Ichirouhiko was human? His beanie hat didn't exactly make him look like a pig.
臭い-
Jun 28, 2016 3:45 PM

Jun 2016
Wowe! It was a great movie, I really did enjoy it!
I loved the relationship betweenKyuuta and Kumatetsu. The ending was bittersweet for me, though.

Kyuuta and Kaeda are also cute together.

By the way, is it just me or does Kyuuta look exactly like Ookami in Wolf Children? Especially when he was younger. Even their clothes look alike.

Anyway. It was fun to watch. The character development was just great. My score is 9/10.
Jun 28, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2016
Well, I've just found out both movies are written by the same person, so it makes sense that Ookami and Kyuuta look similar :) I like both! It is nice to watch how both of them are trapped between beasts and humans and how they yearn for books and knowledge. Hope there are more movies like these out there.
Jul 1, 2016 9:43 AM

Nov 2009
I really enjoyed (rating it 9/10 for now, maybe 8/10 later on), thought the mood and storytelling was beautiful, but I feel like it tried to fit into some sort of agenda. It's ok to deviate from the norm when you're young as long as you choose the righteous path later, as in give up you earlier life to study, go to college, live a normal everyday life, etc. They could have expanded more in what the bakemono world actually meant to Kyuuta/Ren, what parts of he "being human" was he having trouble conciliating with living in the other world, was it because he felt too different?, and other questions. I know he's human, and the human world is for humans. It makes sense that he would choose it (to be able to live with his father, as well). I just couldn't quite comprehend if he still planned to go back from time to time to visit everyone he grew up with (by the way, I loved the scene in which he thanked Hyaku and Tatara for raising him along with Kumatetsu). So yeah, the movie conveys feelings very well and that's its strong asset, but I can't help but feel a bit unsatisfied after finishing it.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Jul 5, 2016 6:57 AM
Jan 2015
I'm a sucker for those UP style montages so I really enjoyed it. Just beautiful throughout. Also had some pretty neat animation fights too. My only issues were how the movie transitioned from one part of the story to the next without much explanation (like when Kyuuta went back to the human world)
Jul 6, 2016 2:46 AM

Oct 2013
Oh my, I really enjoyed it. I gave it 10/10 mainly because it made me cry, laugh and that's something that never happens in my life.
Jul 16, 2016 10:22 PM

Dec 2012
As a huge Hosoda fan back from Digimon, I am always excited to watch his movies, and this one was no different as I've been waiting to watch it from when it was announced. It took 1 year and a few days, but I finally watched it...and it delivered as expected.

Animation was great as expected. I loved the relationship and development between Kyuuta and Kumatetsu. Pig monk is a cool dude. He knows when to dodge. I'm sure Piccolo would get along with him. I like how Kumatetsu had the crest of courage. Funny that the ref stopped counting at 9 for Kumatetsu, but not for...lol. I knew that Sasuke looking ass boar was going to turn into Sasuke. Can you imagine if the book was about Godzilla. The movie got all Kingdom Hearts-y. I'm pretty surprised Kyuuta didn't have a romance scene with Kaede. Nice.

Chiko is the real MVP.

Interviewer: The question everyone wants to know. Soushi, what's your decision?

Soushi: Um, I just could not decide. For the past 9 years, I thought and thought and thought some more. And I have finally reached a decision.

Crowd: So what kind of god are you going to become?

Soushi: I will be...Man...this is very tough. I will be taking my talents to decisiveness.

Interviewer: Decisiveness. That was the conclusion you woke up with this morning.

Soushi: That was the conclusion I woke up to this morning.
RobJul 16, 2016 11:58 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 17, 2016 10:56 AM
Sep 2013
Anime movies, especially these kinds that are not really integrated into "otaku culture," tend to be always be so highly rated even though I've always found them lacking and boring. Maybe this is just how I feel about movies in general since 2 hours is just not enough to really develop much. Then again, I do like some of of Makoto Shinkai and Hayao Miyazaki's movies so maybe its also has something to do with me not really like this guy's work. "Summer Wars" was especially bad and "Girl who Leaped through Time" was so average that its overrated-ness blow my fucking mind.
Jul 23, 2016 12:21 AM

Jan 2012
its not a bad movie... its not a great movie... its a decent movie!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 23, 2016 5:18 AM
Feb 2011
Ugh Kaede needed to take a hint. Seriously, making a speech in the midst of being attacked and ensuring her reckless self that she'd be kept safe by someone else, good god. It was uncalled for, and for the movie, there was no reason to state something about the antagonist that's so blatantly obvious.

I needed to get that off my chest. Good lord that scene was annoying.
Jul 23, 2016 11:51 PM

Jan 2015
desertkona said:
rebelakuma said:
Nice movie! And I love Ren and Kumatetsu's interaction. This show somehow totally reminds me of Summer Wars and the Wolf Children which are my fave movies too. And I don't know why but I cried and certain parts. Hehehe. So childish of me.

Yeah I agree that part when Kumatetsu turn to sword just so sad
I cried so much in that scene.

10/10 movie.
Jul 30, 2016 11:27 PM

Mar 2010
Kinda disappointed with the second half, the villain just didn't have enough screen time to actually makes sense, it feels like he became like that out of nowhere.

Thought this was gonna something great due to it having a high score, but I guess scores are not the only thing that matters. Oh well at least the first half was good
Aug 8, 2016 5:56 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely movie I must say, I sure loved the setting and concept of it! The first part was a bit less to my likings when Ren was still a kid, but after he grew up and went back to the real world and all everything just felt right!

The ending was great and really told a life lesson, so all in all a pretty good movie I must say!
Aug 21, 2016 11:05 AM

May 2010
Can't help but compare this with other Hosoda's works.
It was not as stellar as them.
It felt rushed, cliche, and disjointed at some points.

But nonetheless, it was worth a watch.
(Watched this in cinema for free. Japanese film fest FTW!)

But what stood out in this movie is the animation.
Man, goosebumps.

Looking forward for more from Hosoda.
Sep 3, 2016 11:48 PM

Nov 2007
I fell asleep halfway through. I think the movie is extremely overrated. Okay, I admit the artwork/animation was spectacular but the story pacing went haywire after Kyuuta became older and Kaede appeared.

This is the only Hosoda Mamoru directed film that made me incredibly tired and the disjointed story was terrible to enjoy. I watched it with my friends and for most of them it was their first Hosoda Mamoru directed movie (talk about bad publicity!)

I can at least say that Love Live! The School Idol Movie definitely was the worthy winner of TAAF2016 in full length featured film category.

6/10 for animation and the first half of the movie.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 4, 2016 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
If this movie had been an anime with anywhere between 12-24 episodes it could of been absolutely fantastic because then they would have time for more world building and less awkward transitions. However despite that I thought it was amazing for what it was and what it did in the time it had. One of my favorite movies to date.
Sep 6, 2016 7:20 PM
Feb 2016
I enjoyed this movie, like, really, great animation, neither the best nor the worst story ever , but still cool, and the combats were awesome.

I can't believe I'm the one who say that, but chill guys, I can understand that you're pissed off by all the people saying it's a masterpiece when you're convinced it's not one, but calm down, everyone have his own opinion.

Well, if you really hated it, then... Ok
Sep 12, 2016 7:53 AM

Oct 2008
I liked this best out of the 4 Hosoda movies so far.
Sep 14, 2016 3:46 AM

Jun 2010
Really? "Underdeveloped villain"? That's a real complaint about this movie? You know, a movie with no villain? Man, some of You really missed the point. That guy was a reflection of what Kyuuta/Ren would have been if he had clung onto the hatred he had as a child, if he had never met the people (and beasts) that changed him. The movie spells it out for everyone - it literally says the whale is a reflection of yourself. Heck, they are both human kids who grew up raised by beasts... There is no villain, there's only a battle against one's own insecurities, fears and anger.

And even if he was to be taken as "a villain", Ichirouhiko wouldn't be an underdeveloped one. He'd be a subtly developed one. First he's a kind kid proud of his father, he says he wants to become a warrior like him, with splendid tusks and all. Later we see him covering his face years later - for me it was obvious, especially since he looks so human-like, unlike the other beasts. Then we have the scene of him beating up Kyuuta/Ren, with the darkness in his heart becoming apparent. Yes, we have very few actual scenes focusing on him - but the essentials are all there and it's way more effective than if we had a lengthy monologue from him or a long flashback to his entire life or something. You can get where he's coming from.

The movie was fantastic on all fronts. The animation was incredible, the characters incredibly likable and sympathetic, the story intelligent and well-paced, the themes consistent and focused, the dramatic moments potent and the humorous moments right on the money.

If I were to rate it next to the rest of these films - which is apparently a thing? - I'd put it next to Summer Wars, slightly above Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo and way above the Wolf's Children (which I recognize as amazing, but it really wasn't for me).
Sep 22, 2016 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
This movie in my opinion was all around beautifully done
And it even managed to slip a bit or romance in...10/10
Sep 30, 2016 7:05 AM

Jun 2013
Nice Movie, story was OK, but still loved this...worth of waiting it to hit the Theathers in Finland, Loved the father-son Bond with Insult between Kumatetsu and Kyuuta/Ren! XD Hilarious. tough acting and story could have been little better...but Good Movie Over all
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 5, 2016 2:35 PM

May 2014
Fun to watch, kind of a child friendly movie. Going by the 8.59 rating when watching this I would have expected more but it's decent. Would still recommend.
Oct 10, 2016 11:38 PM

Jul 2010
I went into this really expecting something great, and I was ultimately, really let down. After making a great movie like Wolf Children (which I've watched and recommended countless times), where did Hosoda go wrong?

I could honestly barely get into it. It took me about three days to finish because I just wasn't that interested. It felt like Hosoda took the elements of a family-friendly, Spirited Away-esque movie and clunkily jammed them together. Pacing was awful, transitions were awkward, characters felt horribly one-dimensional. It felt so uninspired. To be brutally honest, it felt like a money-grab. Just riding off his success.

Despite my gripes, the movie itself is beautifully crafted. Gorgeous animation, creative character models, beautiful (though not memorable) music. It got some feels outta me when the bear guy (lol, can't even remember his name) almost died and then got turned into a sword. And holy shit, that whale scene was some of the most gorgeous animation I've ever seen. It really popped out of the screen and was quite a good metaphor, despite the weak villain.

All in all, I really, really, desperately wanted to like this movie, and I tried as hard as I could, but couldn't. I hope Hosoda can make something great again. For the effort, animation and music, 6/10.
Oct 28, 2016 8:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
nice film, mixed action with drama...we can take the film how you watch, a animation, or with a double essence, a a current metaphor on the social loneliness, but the important if that you enjoy in the 2 hours of duration.

8/10. :)=
Nov 17, 2016 9:55 PM

Mar 2015
Brilliant and moving movie! Story was great, music was awesome, no more words. Absolutely loved this one!

10/10!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 21, 2016 10:28 AM
Dec 2014
I loved it most when he was a kid. The interactions between the two of them were great. Especially when he started copying his master. That was great 10/10 for that part.

The romance wasn't great. I mean, it felt unnecessary. And it was way too predictable that she would be the reason he didn't get eaten up by the darkness.

Also never found out who became the next lord? Guess it was the other dude since the kid left.

I have such conflicting feelings about his master's reincarnation... I mean, it was cool and all but it still sucks that he's basically stuck inside of him now. It suggests that they can sort of still talk to each other but still...

Animation wasn't really to my liking.

I feel that it wasn't amazing but enjoyable although a tad predictable (except the reincarnation part).
ExoticPineappleDec 21, 2016 10:34 AM
Dec 21, 2016 11:36 PM

Apr 2015
newbie97 said:
Kinda disappointed with the second half, the villain just didn't have enough screen time to actually makes sense, it feels like he became like that out of nowhere.

Thought this was gonna something great due to it having a high score, but I guess scores are not the only thing that matters. Oh well at least the first half was good

exactly my thoughts, i think screen time was the problem, 2 movies would be better tho, but well, we can't have everything, was a nice watch.
Dec 28, 2016 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
So ignoring the excessive negativity from the OP...this was a great movie that made good use of its time skip. Movies tend to fail in using time skips because of their run time but this one did a solid job at showing the changes Ren went through.
Dec 31, 2016 5:11 AM

Jan 2013
Pff ... what a beautiful and amazing film to end the year 2016 on.
Truly an outstanding piece of art imo, seeing Ren (Kyuta) grow up and training with Kuma was a joy to behold.
Kuma is your grumpy but love-able teacher and father type, I was amazed how well they portrayed that.

I just have to give this a 10/10, ... I REALLY enjoyed it.
Magnificent art/animation, great VA's and the story was from the start as interesting as it was near the end.

Also I couldn't stop thinking about Wolf Children when seeing Ren and Kaede, they look so similar to the main characters from that film.
But then again, it's the same studio.

Thank you Studio Chizu for creating these 2 master pieces.

*Reading the comments I do have to agree that the "villain" didn't get quite enough screen time, or barely any to be honest. - It was however clear that he was human from the start though, little indicator seeing as they talked about the darkness residing in humans and all.
PrOxAntoDec 31, 2016 5:14 AM
Jan 9, 2017 7:03 AM

Aug 2007
Well, finaly I got tos ee the movie. About the animation (both CG and 2D), looks really good.

What I complain about the story is the climax, the final battle. The movie shows that scince the beginning Ren has "darkness" on him. II thought a battle against himself.
Jan 10, 2017 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
Just saw Wolf Children, and now this movie.
Great character development for Ren, also the relationship between him and Kumatetsu.
Overall great and enjoyable for me, 9/10.

Guess I'll be checking out Summer Wars next.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» this movie sucks ass

Nyron - Jun 27, 2023

32 by ktg »»
Jan 13, 3:47 AM

» More movies/shows like this?

_txhsin__ - Mar 30, 2023

4 by Nyron »»
Jun 27, 2023 11:30 AM

» not bad.

UzumakiHime - Apr 9, 2020

1 by Quanda1eDing1e »»
Dec 30, 2022 4:34 PM

» (Spoilers) Post Endings

Topher1990 - Mar 6, 2019

4 by Rob7 »»
Jul 31, 2022 3:14 PM

» Streaming on HBO Max

JohanJ04 - Mar 7, 2022

0 by JohanJ04 »»
Mar 7, 2022 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.