Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2015 4:20 PM

Feb 2012
I've played Resident Evil games that had better writing than this. And I don't even like Resident Evil (and not just because the gameplay is awful).
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Dec 17, 2015 4:31 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Pretty interesting overall.
But it's gonna be forgotten really fast tho.
7.5/10.
But i can't.
So, 8.
Lucasloco91 said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
Welp. I really liked Moe and her interactions with Souhei. Now if only the solution to the mystery wasn't this incomepetent and dumb...

This year of Noitamina sure was quite bad
Not one presentable show in their line up.

sigh

? Saekano is very good
Its average af
But hey, at least it wasnt the worst in these 4.
DatRandomDudeDec 17, 2015 4:42 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 17, 2015 4:56 PM

Sep 2013
I don't get the meaning of the last scene, when Magata talking alone
Dec 17, 2015 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
She mentions someones name at the end...Kishio and she mentions Michiru and her Uncle...who the heck was Kishio?!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 17, 2015 5:09 PM

Nov 2014
A couple more general observations after re-watching this episode.

When Shiki is talking to Souhei in the real world, her views are very antinatalist. Life is a hindrance; death is liberation. However, in the flashbacks when she's talking to her daughter, her words are more optimistic and encouraging, particularly during the camel back ride in—I'm assuming—the virtual world (one of the most beautiful anime scenes ever); these thoughts are extended into—again, assuming—a kitchen back in her lab in the real world. Did the lab have a kitchen? I can't remember.

I also understand why these scenes were so sad to me now. Shiki's optimism turned into a coldness that she fully embraced, then passed on to her daughter. And then it ends with Shiki alone, after having killed everyone close to her, having a schizophrenic conversation with herself. It's really depressing.

8/10 overall

And it's about time I add Kenji Kawai to my favorite people list.
Dec 17, 2015 5:11 PM

Jul 2009
So...did she have twins and that's the one that was dead?

This show is still about child abuse imo. ABUSE I SAY! Saikawa stop thinking about that psycho.
Dec 17, 2015 5:12 PM

May 2015
Decent ending. This show did not disappoint, definitely one of the better shows this season. The mystery in this show was pretty damn great. Also, loved both the OP and ED. 8/10.

Dec 17, 2015 5:12 PM

Jun 2013
i liked their dialogue at the beginning ovarall it was a nice anime to watch
Dec 17, 2015 5:24 PM

Oct 2012
MoonStar9 said:
They can say Magata's a genius whose intelligence is on a higher plane all they want, I still think she was just schizophrenic.

Yes, she was schizophrenic. And she was genius too. And geniuses often has problem with their social life.
In fact, this whole series was about her unability to sucessfully integrate into society. She didn't understand its rules. Because of her "gift" she felt like she belongs to nowhere. She was left alone and the world didn't understand her.

Her world and values were totally different from other people. And the real question here is "who decides what rules are correct?" Does "majority" just dictate those rules to "minority"? Imagine the world when her rules were in effect and where rules of our modern society were oulawed. How would you feel then?

This series takes her difference as a fact and tries to show it from her viewpoint. It doesn't try to judge her and I really appreciate it becuse viewer should be the one who makes all final judging.
Dec 17, 2015 5:48 PM

Jan 2013
I really enjoyed this anime...but ultimately it was pretty messed up. I wasn't a big fan of the last scene of mother and daughter. Was it beautiful? Sure...but then I recall that mom chopped off her daughter's limbs and well...that's pretty f'ed. The philosophical garble was interesting but excused a cold hearted genius from facing the consequences of her actions.

Did anyone else check out the crazy eye on the camel they were riding! Hah.. It captured my attention.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Dec 17, 2015 6:05 PM

Jan 2015
A chapel is shown during Nishinosono-kun's talk with Saikawa-sensei . A chapel was also featured in Episodes 9 and 10 of the live-action drama version of Subete ga F ni naru.
Dec 17, 2015 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
[quote=Mich666]
MoonStar9 said:
They can say Magata's a genius whose intelligence is on a higher plane all they want, I still think she was just schizophrenic.

Yes, she was schizophrenic. And she was genius too. And geniuses often has problem with their social life.
In fact, this whole series was about her unability to sucessfully integrate into society. She didn't understand its rules. Because of her "gift" she felt like she belongs to nowhere. She was left alone and the world didn't understand her.

I think she was more of a psychopath. She manipulated everyone around her...she seduced her uncle, (although it was molestation, she was not a victim), killed her parents, killed her uncle, and killed her daughter. She was a spoiled child who toyed and destroyed people like she did her doll.

"Because of her "gift" she felt like she belongs nowhere." I don't think she has the emotional capacity to feel or care in the slightest if the "world" understood her.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Dec 17, 2015 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
The anime itself was OK, it's a 5.5 or 6 to me, but the pacing, some dialogues and the mystery makes it more an averege anime, but the great animation (seriously enjoyed the designs and some of the effects like the 'Accommodation' or however it's called) and the music (both op and ed are great).
Anyways, it's definitely not a master piece but neither a bad anime, you'll just enjoy it if you like philosophical and mystery stuff.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Dec 17, 2015 6:28 PM

Jul 2015
That last scene really creeps me out. So if she kills more...........?

Still was a good show to watch, but not really worth 11 episodes. I guess it may just be for those who've read/seen the original sources.

Dec 17, 2015 6:32 PM
Dec 2015
For anyone who didn't understand the last scene just before the credits....I think i figured it out!
1. We saw that Magata escaped (yet again lol xD) with the help of sensai's guards during the episode, so we can safely assume that she probably left to be somewhere safe away from the police
2. Magata said that her reason for everything was to be free and during all her conversations with sensai their talk related to the ocean or beach or sea
3. At the end of the episode we see Magata at the beach sitting beside a empty seat supposedly talking to 'herself' since no one else is obviously there....but we can see that she believes/thinks she is talking to her daughter and lover (her uncle) since she addresses them and mentions their names
4. I think the end of the episode is basically showing where Magata is now. She's free. And we CAN assume the scene is set in the present becuase her daughter and lover are not in the scene showing that they are dead and no longer in this world....which is why Magata is talking to herself/to her dead loved ones.
Dec 17, 2015 7:01 PM

Mar 2013
Aw shit. Magata Shiki trolled everyone from the first episode to the last. Such a philosopher, multifaceted and mysterious character like her didn't deserve a disastrous death but has to pay everything she has done nonetheless. Although a psychiatric hospital or perpetual confinement wouldn't stop her, and ironically a death sentence would release her, making possible to achieve her goal.
My only regret was because of Nishinosono, although she wasn't expecting anything from Saikawa, she definitely needed more attention.
Still, very good work from A-1 Pictures, the research around the murder was very entertaining to watch every week though I was left with some doubts. I don't know if it was intentional by the script or were just plot holes.
Anyway, another favorite for the mystery genre. Excellent opening and ending, interesting characters (my favorite was definitely Saikawa) and enjoyable as a whole. Liked every episode from first to last and never got bored, not even for five minutes. 8/10
Dec 17, 2015 7:50 PM

Sep 2014
lol, i just laugh together with Saikawa-sensei when he realize that she trick him(us) again, from the very beginning the characters always says that Magata Shiki is a genius, but i was still holding doubts, until the lasts episodes when all the truth comes to surface, heck, she IS Truly a genius, i think most of ppl still don't realize that she actually made the infamous "perfect crime" (i assume that "the perfect insider" has this as a basis) well, she have quite a long time to plan every little detail, so you can say that was expected too, lol, annyway, she is awesome, and like everyone says, "Every genius has a bit of madness" the last scene is all about it, explendid! *.*
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Dec 17, 2015 8:40 PM

Jan 2011
I really liked the atmosphere from this show, it just worked so well. I felt so meh about the solution though. The whole you couldn't possibly understand what Magata Shiki is thinking felt like they just couldn't come up with any real justification for her actions. I was looking to give it an 8 but in the last 3 episodes I just wasn't feeling it so I'll give it a 7.
Dec 17, 2015 8:51 PM
Jun 2015
This show is good, but I think they could have done a better job at executing the mystery portion of the show. I don't care that Shiki is a genius, I don't think anyone could trust a murderer to create the same operating system that houses them in a prison. Another issue is nothing is said about DNA in the show, the uncle doesn't seem to have an alibi for being at the scene of the crime 15 years ago. If it was based on the novel time frame in the 1990s it might have been easier to waive, but not in 2000s.
15poundfishDec 18, 2015 12:37 AM
Dec 17, 2015 8:53 PM

Jun 2008
bdsbff said:
It was slow for too long and then once it finally got going it just wasn't entertaining enough. The characters weren't all that interesting and that's what this whole show was about. Boring characters with slow pacing and a meh plot gets you a pretty boring show. At least the OP and ED were good.

5/10

I agree with all of this.
Dec 17, 2015 8:54 PM
Jun 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
I really liked the atmosphere from this show, it just worked so well. I felt so meh about the solution though. The whole you couldn't possibly understand what Magata Shiki is thinking felt like they just couldn't come up with any real justification for her actions. I was looking to give it an 8 but in the last 3 episodes I just wasn't feeling it so I'll give it a 7.
It actually is really simple, Shiki believes that the people she murdered live inside of her mind. She is crazy.
Dec 17, 2015 9:14 PM

Dec 2008
I was really hoping they wouldn't end it where they did but then again since when has this show ever been nice to its audience? You'll either appreciate its "keep-up-with-me" pace or hate it for that very same reason.

That said, I really enjoyed this show. This and Sakurako were honestly the saving graces of an otherwise very bland season of Anime (and I refuse to compare the two as both have very distinct styles in story telling, I just really like both, that's that) and it's kinda saddening to see them go.

Definitely worth a rewatch for a better angle on how the pieces fit together. That last portion was...an interesting conclusion to leave us at.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Dec 17, 2015 9:45 PM

Dec 2014
Overall a good anime for me and I really liked the mystery even though in the end it was pretty easy to solve. 8/10

Really liked the conversation between Shiki and Saikawa, Shiki's perspective on things is quite intriguing.
The conversation between Shiki and her daughter was really well done, Despite her views of the world, She was trying to bring her daughter up in a more optimistic way.
Dec 17, 2015 9:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
nihikun said:
Existentialism (and nihilism) at its finest. Magata was probably a bit schizo since she was talking to dead people. She was able to predict their exact answers (imo) though due to her high intelligence.
She killed her parents in order to grant freedom to her uncle which he refused. Until, 15 years later, he accepted Shiki's version of freedom, similar thing with her daughter. In her mind even the fact that you must be alive compromises your freedom, which in an extreme way of thinking is right.
It pleases me to see that the series left people both satisfied and unsatisfied. It wasn't just a mystery anime, it had A LOT food for thought and in a sence you are free to decide if it was right or wrong, proving to everyone that right and wrong are abstract concepts determined only by each individual.

Interesting post :) I also thought it was good that this series has given people very different impressions. I agree with what you said about the "right or wrong" concept. I think people don't like Magata because they can't understand her point of view, which is fine. There are perspective that are hard for us to comprehend, even if we want to be open-minded. The show isn't trying to make you accept her way of thinking, it's to open people's minds to how others' minds may operate. Magata and Saikawa were both difficult characters to connect with, making them also difficult for people to understand. If people don't understand Magata, then they won't understand why Saikawa was so fascinated with her. Because of this disconnect with the characters, I can see why this show could seem as boring or uninteresting to others. Moe, too, is a tricky character. I'm not sure about the novels, but she didn't seem as annoying/clingy in the drama, although she still had the same sort of childish personality. This case is probably one of the best for understanding Saikawa and Magata, but not enough to give Moe depth. Moe was developed over the several mystery cases in the drama, whereas they only went over The Perfect Insider for the anime. Moe for the most part in this series acted pretty much like what the audience would, constantly asking Saikawa, "why?" whenever she has no clue what he (or Magata) is thinking. Otherwise she was definitely pretty lackluster as one of the main characters.

I still think the anime series did a good job of delving into different people's psychology and going over some philosophical concepts. 11 episodes might've been one episode too much for the series given that it may seem dragged out for those watching over the course of 11 weeks, but I'd say I enjoyed it quite a lot, it had a different tone than the drama series.
Dec 17, 2015 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
Subete in a nutshell:

"Pure 100% detective aesthetics with a dash of Alice in Wonderland existentialist themes"

I don't know about you guys but this series is fucking GOAT.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2015 9:58 PM
Mar 2015
I still do NOT understand WHAT the FUCK happened? Seriously, how fucked up is this show??
Dec 17, 2015 11:01 PM

Oct 2014
Loves all the philosophical shits from this show. No really, it's always nice to see many different perspectives of people. The mystery is good and all, but the pacing is too slow and I just can't find it that huge of a show. Still, I'm going to give it a solid 7/10. It was a nice watch and definitely worth my time.

This >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sakurako for Fall 2015 Mystery archetype
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Dec 17, 2015 11:36 PM

Jan 2011
bitch be cray cray
Dec 18, 2015 12:02 AM

Mar 2015
This show sure was a mindfuck lol
Had ups and downs, I'd compare it to DRRR regarding that aspect.

I didn't like the pace and some charactes interactions at times, and I feel like the directing was kinda off too sometimes. Animation was pretty meh and lazy at times as well.

However, I loved the character designs, visuals, Saikawa's hipster t shirts !!!, overall atmosphere (and I don't like IT stuff to begin with), thrilling mystery, Saikawa and Nishinosono relationship, and that OP doeee I couldn't help but feeling HYPED hearing it !!

All in all, pretty good quality show, had an originality I really liked.

8/10 for me.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Dec 18, 2015 12:13 AM
Sep 2015
Faylicia said:
I really don't understand the logic of Magata-sensei. I just think she's crazy. What did she want to be free from? I can understand why she killed her parents but I don't understand why her uncle/lover and she herself had to be killed... I don't understand anything. Also does Saikawa-sensei want to be like her or does he not? I mostly relate to Nishinosono because come on, nothing makes sense. Magata-sensei doesn't make sense she just seems evil she is not pure at all... I don't know maybe they mean freedom from any rules? like "you mustn't kill" free from love free from hate... but was she really like that? I don't know I don't understand it, can someone explain please?
Overall kind of disappointed by these series to be honest. I expected more.

Well, the idea of attaining freedom by being dead relies in the understanding of the inherent limitations on being alive. Like being attached to a body or being attached to other persons in a emotional manner, all those things can also be interpreted as "chains" of ones existence. Also you could understand those ideas through some forms of Buddhism ideologies where life is seen like an illusion or a dream, and one must awaken to the true reality by detaching from the material world, you must even abandon 'yourself'.

Then you have to take in account she's an intellectually gifted girl so her understanding of the world is expected to be somewhat radical. So when Saikawa describes her as a 'pure' person is because she isn't bound to moral norms (or at least she doesn't follow a conventional and socially accepted moral code). That's why, from her point of view, she genuinely believes to be doing something "good" by killing all those persons close to her. However there's this whole melancholic feeling so she could also had been motivated by her loneliness and sadness.

So if Saikawa admires her is because on a first instance he identifies with her because he's also posses a high intelligence that isolates him. Although even Saikawa doesn't fully understand Magata I'd say what he admires from her would be her resolve as well as her super intelligence, he's not on her level but he's intelligent enough to appreciate what she has done better than anyone. That's why they get along well and why he looks up to her. He also feels restricted or limited in a sense, so he also wants to be "free" but he isn't going to necessarily follow the same steps than Magata and going to kill everyone around him; that's something he still needs to figure it out on his own.
Dec 18, 2015 1:24 AM
Dec 2012
rsc-pl said:
AOTS for me (with Owarimonogatari). There is no other competition for these shows imo. <br />
Animation and art was maybe average, but story was just great. I really like mystery Anime with continued story.<br />
Unfortunately most of series of this genre are usually episodic, and I don&#039;t like episodic story. <br />
Btw, probably the first show ever (counting with non anime production) where they talked about IT stuff without bullshit. I really liked it. <br />
9/10
Subete is episodic also tje first case was just stretched into an anime.
Dec 18, 2015 1:26 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty good anime , the mystery got me interested , Some Great dialogues and intriguing characters particularly Souhei and Magata Shiki . The only problem i've had with this anime and why i rated it 7/10 is that this anime depended on the dialogues so when the dialogues weren't interesting it started to get boring
Dec 18, 2015 1:57 AM

Nov 2013
The ending was solid, but that doesn't change that the beginning and the middle was a bore. Forgettable
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 18, 2015 3:00 AM
Apr 2010
I just watched this anime in one sit.
My first impression was that I liked it very much, but the more I think about it, the less I like some points.

- The aunt, Shindo Yumiko, who is a relative to her should know way better her own family, if she does or does not have another niece. I mean, she knew about the died (twin?) brother Kurimoto Kishio (ep5), her maid in America, Morikawa Suma... but did not raise her hand and told everyone that, uhmm, she does not have a sister?? Somehow I feel like she pretty much knew what happened, just stayed in denial or refused for some unknown reason to give up the lunatic niece who murdered pretty much all her other relatives, wtf.

- The locked room mystery. First, we learn that she could come out whenever she wanted (the glass guy tells authorized persons can open the room door from outside, she can open it from the inside, and the corpse's arm is missing... at that pont the security personnel come up with the okok, but we watched it and nobody went in and came out, also on the videos we checked - later we also find out that the whole system was somewhat corrupted so there was a one minute escape bug in the system, but if i remember correctly, the show never explains to us when, exactly. She had to leave earlier from the room - as she uses the elevator from the basement to the roof while others witness the corpse bride leaving the closed room - but when, and how she get to the basement, if the guards were watching the enterance. Also, does she not need to go trough any other security gates to reach the roof, then how she opens them (maybe this part was explained with system failure or something i don't remember?)? After she is impersonating her never existed sister, the sister should also have to sign in to this security system - why does the system not say error, when she uses her Magata SHIKI hand (already registered in the system) and says a different name as identification?? What kind of crappy security device is this? And, if she thought of this before, then the whole she planned her daughter to kill her theory sinks, because she made the system years before - she met "the daughter refusing to execute the insanity" problem later in time.

- The original plan - how she put it together in her genious head? "You see, dear daughter, you should murder me, because that would make mama happy, after that don't worry, I made a crack in the system, you will have a whole minute to leave this room you never did before and wander around a building unnoticed - don't sway off about the fact that your world just becomes a hundred times bigger than it was in your entire life, and there are other people around too, you just have to somehow get to the roof, your dad will be there with a helicopter as planned (exactly planned WHEN??? when did she and uncle exchange the crucial parts of the plan?), you kill him also, because FFFF, and...done! Yay. After that, you should... umm I don't know, do what you want you will be free. (On a fucking isolated island. After murdering two people). Or did she plan that her daughter should pretend to be the sister, Miki? Did she taught her english, also things about America to be able to pretend like she is from there?
Or was her plan for the daughter to kill her, then cut up the body to bits and peaces and throw it down the drain (Which also bugs me huge, why did they not actually check in the whole series, if there are, or not human limbs chopped to pieces in that f*ing hole??) and live her life from that point impersonating her mother (this had to be included in the plan, if not then why did she need the outside world to think that her daughter is her (the visit from Nishinosono was explaied with this). It obviously would not work out as her daughter was not genius, she could not continue the super high tech (??? just guessing, because we did not get clear information about this also) work what her mother used to.
So, the longer I think about it, the more I convince myself that the plan only makes somewhat sense if SHE PLANNED IT THE WAY IT WAS EXECUTED FROM THE START - which means she did plan her daughter to die, and she did not really plan to die, as she could ask her dear uncle if no other option, to kill her (It is possible to make wounds which don't kill instantly, but are fatal; and her reasoning when the sensi asked her why did she not commit suicide was some blahblah about she would want her life to end by someone else - asking the uncle would have make sense, if she really wished for it. I think that she did not want to die, but wanted to disappear and do what she wants - and because she was batshit crazy, of course she made a complex seven years plan including her daughter's and uncle's murder instead of opening the fucking door with her hand, walking out and never coming back again.
O.o

And, no comment on the telephatic holo capsules, as that element was clearly a convinient plot device, being nonexistent sci-fi technique. ( I do know that some kind of salt water filled, noiseproof dark tanks exist but they don't work as a direct link to another person's mind duh.)

Some more thoughts.
The knife which she used to kill the uncle, is it the same she killed her parents with? If it is, how does she still have it, wouldn't the police confiscicate it as evidence?
The whole she is a genius, she does not think as an ordinary people about life and death etc - until she is desperately trying to find a way to end her own life, I don't see how she is living that "superior life" - she says what she wants but ends up chilling on a beach, leaving bodies behind. The whole bloody escape plan is unnecessary, she could leave anytime, use the helicopter and disappear just like she disappeared now (and uncle surely would help her escape, if she ever asked).
Feeling superior, murdering people pointlessly, and creating blurry reasoning behind it - this is what Dr. Magata Shiki looks like to me in the end.

Also, what was exactly her motive for killing her parents? Because they wouldn't let her keep a baby whose father is her uncle? But the murder happened on a family meetup, birthday party - they couldn't possibly know about that or the mood would be totally different. But she already had the knife as a "present", so she planned to kill them before they knew anything about their relationship. And why did she want that baby so much? If the baby was not the reason, then what was it? Being free? If being free equals to lock herself up in a room for some decades alone with a soon to be born child, who needs huge time and attention, and who she wants to keep secret from the world at all costs? I simply just don't understand her motive clearly for the parent killing either. Or being free for her really just means that free to do whatever and whenever she wants to do, eliminating those who could restrain her? I am really curious, anyone who finds her character appealing, or thinks that understands her actions, could you explain to me?

As for ep.11, I really hoped for a last twist in the events (not exactly hvae idea how), but there wasn't.
I liked the show's atmosphere, at first glance the story too, and it DID make me think about it much more than other shows (see this rant above). What I did not like is the execution of the investigation, some ways it had logic, but some ways they did do it a little random. (Searching for evidences, examining the corpses, asking some questions from everybody present in the building, interrogating suspects could be done more sistematically for my taste). i would rate it 6-7/10, I guess.

Sorry for grammatical errors, it's been a while since I wrote in english, I hope my sentences make more or less sense.
VatsafiDec 18, 2015 4:23 AM
Dec 18, 2015 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
rsc-pl said:
AOTS for me (with Owarimonogatari). There is no other competition for these shows imo.
Animation and art was maybe average, but story was just great. I really like mystery Anime with continued story.
Unfortunately most of series of this genre are usually episodic, and I don't like episodic story.
Btw, probably the first show ever (counting with non anime production) where they talked about IT stuff without bullshit. I really liked it.
9/10

Yeah pretty much this in this disappointing fall season. I think there is another book "perfect outsider' or something like that...will they adapt it? Then I will like to see of further magata shiki.
Dec 18, 2015 6:25 AM

Oct 2008
Live action drama was better.
Dec 18, 2015 6:26 AM

Jun 2013
I think Dr. Magata becomes a program because of the scene with Saikawa sensei and her at the library, or maybe Saikawa sensei was talking to himself (Dr. Magata becomes ones of his personalities).

Overall I liked the show, it was very interesting with a good story and likable(and weird) characters.
I'm learning english.
Dec 18, 2015 6:35 AM

Jul 2012
I liked the anime.
This episode was cute but confused. I didn't understand the last scene when Shiki was talking to herself.
I understand the way of thinking of Shiki over death. Maybe
I'm Hina, welcome to my posts :)

Dec 18, 2015 6:49 AM

May 2012
bagazkarap said:
Loves all the philosophical shits from this show. No really, it's always nice to see many different perspectives of people. The mystery is good and all, but the pacing is too slow and I just can't find it that huge of a show. Still, I'm going to give it a solid 7/10. It was a nice watch and definitely worth my time.

This >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sakurako for Fall 2015 Mystery archetype

Sakurako seems more original to me. This was a dry watch.
Dec 18, 2015 7:16 AM

Dec 2007
MoonStar9 said:

Dissociative identity disorder=/=Schizophrenia

This was an excellent watch, even if the anime had many flaws in writing and dialogues, I enjoyed every minute of it. In such a dry season where there was so little to watch, I had a good time following this show in particularity.

What I liked the best in this show that it really felt like a novel adaptation, and not made specially to be animated, but to tell a good mystery story. It felt like a breath of fresh air in the mystery genre anime did wrong so many times.

Now I'm finally off to watch the 2 live action episodes of this story and compare.
Dec 18, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2009
Nishinosono was utterly annoying throughout the whole series. I hoped she's get better, but she didn't, staying an eyesore till the bitter end
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 18, 2015 7:49 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty good ending, I didn't to expect Magata Shiki to appeared but I'm glad she did

Although I do want to more about Magata Shiki however I felt her mysteriousness what is appealing so I guess showing us just pieces is enough for me
Dec 18, 2015 7:53 AM

Apr 2011
The end was a flashback or what?
Flashback of a dream like scene?

Because she killed her daughter right so it must be a flashback...
So confused XD
Dec 18, 2015 9:23 AM

Sep 2013
Magata called from Tokyo? :O
Maybe she did download her Michiru personality into it :O

9/10, needs more anime like this.

MoonStar9 said:

When you're as smart as her, then maybe your opinion would be worth something.
It's like an ape trying to understand Einsteins theories.
Dec 18, 2015 9:55 AM

Feb 2008
Thank God this is over.

4/10 (and that's being lenient).
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Dec 18, 2015 10:11 AM

Sep 2013
I think i probably would much more enjoy this show if it was a movie instead,11 episodes of this was really boring and hard to watch,the end was pretty cool but 99% of this anime was kinda meh,i didn't liked the character that much especially this pseudo-hipster smart smoker,i guess its still a okay show especially if you like investigation style.

5/10
Deep dark fantasies
Dec 18, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
A satisfying ending to a great mystery show! it had its slow moment though.
Dec 18, 2015 11:36 AM

Nov 2011
Nice 2nd half of the ep but overall disappointed with the show, first ep was amazing but after that, nothing, barely had enough to keep things engaging and interesting, watched mostly for Moe's interaction with Saikawa. 5.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 18, 2015 11:39 AM

Sep 2013
This started off fine. Everything went downhill after all the stalling they did by giving us lengthy, talkative episodes one after another. Those were so unnecessary. Can't help but mention that some of the conversations were horrid and cringe-worthy lol

I ended up having to force myself to watch this.

Overall, this anime tried so hard to sound "smart" that the mystery, we were all trying to wrap our heads around with, became lost. All the mathematics and computer stuff were just there to mess with us, I felt. They brought great philosophical themes, on the table, but they didn't deliver it properly. At least they ended it with an open-ended question with no absolute answer. Philosophy is like that, anyways.

Great OP and ED though!

As others have mentioned, a movie would've been better than this.

5/10

P.S. Nishonosono's father sounds like a great prof. Where to find one like him?
Dec 18, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
This episode seemed more weird to me. Dr magata is a total wierdo
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

278 by wildhood »»
Mar 8, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

175 by 0arche »»
Jan 10, 9:11 AM

» For anyone who want to know why shiki escaped the island and her story in light novel

Baoyeuconpo9999 - Mar 10, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

172 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 11:06 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

184 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.