Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2015 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oikura looked cute this episode imo

And anyways, we get the confrontation. Seems like she doesn't hate Arargi that much anymore, there's still some hate though but less so compared to before. Loved the amount of character expressions this episode. Interesting to hear about Oikura's emphasis about her mother, family, and unknown whereabouts. I'm finding the mystery of this Sodachi Lost arc to be quite intriguing especially about Oikura.
Oct 31, 2015 9:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
At least Oikura's a little more calm (if she wasn't, I wouldn't be able to tolerate this episode since she's in 95% of it). We get so see a little bit of Sengoku at the beginning :D

5/5
Oct 31, 2015 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
Just started watching the episode... but... did they just reuse the opening from the last arc? even if it is the same character, I thought they would change it. Well, let's have some more mathemagics this arc.
Oct 31, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
First id like to say i waited an entire week to see Sodachi in her pajayjays and im not disappointed. Her house reminds me of how shaft would do minimalistic houses back in the day and to an extent a more stripped down version of Hitagis house. That extreme head tilt by Sodachi was stunning.

That voice acting on Sodachis part is amazing man. I thought we had seen a good range in the last few episodes but this puts it over the top. Gotta give it to shaft also for bringing out her true potential as well as mixing and engineering the sounds nicely. We do get to see so much development in this 1 episode towards her past and why she is the way she is. The most interesting part imo was that she only wishes her mother to be around to use her as an advantage for welfare. Brings a deeper and darker tone to the idea of family. Sad to see people leave her, but now we see why she is left in such an emotional state as that. Even her speech pattern is something that is a purposeful trait that was written in the story, to be repetitive.

Unlike last episode Hanekawa actually redeemed her self with that quote of hers.

To conclude things Arararararararagi's speech gave me chills at the end. With this being the 2/3 of the arc we will finally get that conclusion. The set up for it was well done by Sodachi.

BTW I wonder if people caught the references in this episode as well. Shaft really does know how to get the most obscure anime to reference.
Oct 31, 2015 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
JRiVe-Kun said:
Just started watching the episode... but... did they just reuse the opening from the last arc? even if it is the same character, I thought they would change it. Well, let's have some more mathemagics this arc.

They will change it for next arc. As you said, the same character = the same OP, its nothing new, they did the same thing before (in Bakemono if I remember correctly) .
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 31, 2015 10:19 AM

Nov 2014
Those Shinbou Head Tilts™ were in full effect this episode.

It was nice to see Oikura open up, but their confrontation wasn't as impactful as I was hoping it would be.

Great episode, nonetheless.
Oct 31, 2015 10:24 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Oikura sure had quite the rough childhood with many domestic hardships, which constituted her to be the erratic person she is now. Although it seems like she has settled down a bit, the overall tone of her dialogues was still temperamental.

Well, Araragi delivered once again and somewhat resolved the tension with his little speech. Now comes the inquest regarding Oikura's mom.

Oct 31, 2015 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
Dayum, this episode was amazing! Oikura's past was tough...
Oct 31, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
Hanekawa's presence was much needed there, if the tableware were to crash to floor at those situations, I wonder with Oikura being as delicate as she has shown through this episode would react.

That was really heavy in parts, but Araragi at the end was truly well said. The condition she raised at the end too...

Quite the good episode, it really set the mood. With so many factors that can impact Oikura's life, how can Araragi take everything and move them together in harmony.
Oct 31, 2015 10:35 AM

May 2012
Man Oikura had such a fucked life. Even when she stayed with her mother it didn't get any better.

I like the fact that Hanekawa was there instead of Ougi. If anyone know about family problems its her.

I wonder how they are going to find her mom. I mean that was like years ago she just up and left. But when Araragi says he will help. That boy helps.

Also like how Oikura kepy messing up his name. Reminded me of Mayoi (Tears)

Can't wait for next episode.
Oct 31, 2015 10:37 AM

Dec 2014
sigh... can never get used to not being able to marathon through all the arcs. Oikura's becoming more likeable haha.
I need sleep.
Oct 31, 2015 10:44 AM

Oct 2011
Araragi is so lucky to have a girl like Senjou who wouldn't go ballistic knowing he what he said to this girl.

Also how unreasonable is this girl? You want two high school students with limited resources to find one person in a country of millions upon millions of people? Really Oikura? You going to do this? And what do they get for their prize? You will grace us with your presence in high school and give an apology to Senjou? Fuck off with that shit.
Oct 31, 2015 10:54 AM

Apr 2015
King_of_AMVz said:

Also like how Oikura kepy messing up his name. Reminded me of Mayoi (Tears)

Yea when I saw this it reminds me of Hachikuji with her 'I bit my tongue' :')
Gov said:
Araragi is so lucky to have a girl like Senjou who wouldn't go ballistic knowing he what he said to this girl.

Also how unreasonable is this girl? You want two high school students with limited resources to find one person in a country of millions upon millions of people? Really Oikura? You going to do this? And what do they get for their prize? You will grace us with your presence in high school and give an apology to Senjou? Fuck off with that shit.

Just wait patiently for the next episode and you will understand everything. The hints are already in this episode.
Oct 31, 2015 10:54 AM

Jan 2015
That's... Creepy.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 31, 2015 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
Cozatto said:

Just wait patiently for the next episode and you will understand everything. The hints are already in this episode.

Well I hope you are right but either way this show is excellent and on point to be the anime of the year.
Oct 31, 2015 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
I just love how this show can have an episode so good, so powerful that it can make me overlook a significant flaw in the plot of the whole thing. If I've got this all right, Oikura only invited Araragi to her home in middle school cos she wanted him to get his parents to arrest her parents for child abuse, which would indicate that Araragi's parents didn't know that the abuse was happening. Now, maybe this was just the subs I watched, but I'm pretty damn sure it said that Araragi's parents knew about the abuse Oikura was suffering, even as a child. In that case, why didn't they do anything about it then, before it got to the point it did?

That aside, the presentation of Oikura's past was magnificent, especially the voice acting from her VA. And though it does seem a tad unreasonable to ask for them to search for her mother, especially with such limited information, it's understandable why she'd ask for something like that that's probably damn near impossible to actually do. Whether it will make a difference or not, though, that's what I'm wondering at this point.
Oct 31, 2015 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
Amazing :O

Sodachi's insanity was depicted beautifully. Inoue Marina went in. The way she just kept changing her tone over and over was mindblowing tbh O_o

Really like her quite a lot more after this ep. Sasuga Monogatari and how it develops characters. All Dem leg shots tho :L Me like those PJs :P

Hanekawa was awesometoo, stopping the tea cup mid air and reading Sodachi's moves XD

No Ougi for the first time but that might have made this ep better since Ougi tends to steal all the spotlight when she appears XD

I missed my kawaii Nadeko <3
Oct 31, 2015 11:10 AM
Aug 2012
I don't think any non-privileged person could've missed the bat Oikura swang in this episode, she really hit the spot. Her voice is real, and I've not felt this elated, while waiting to hear more, in a long time.
Oct 31, 2015 11:13 AM

Jul 2013
Marina Inoue's voice acting in this episode is top tier, seriously, those contrast in Oikura's voice as the episode advance were really masterfully done. I feel pity for her, having the oportunity to choose your happiness but don't do it because the concept is so alien for you that you can't afford it sounds pretty sad. And she requested Araragi and Hanekawa to find her mother?, I don't know how this will end, but I hope that Oikura can found her happiness. I really like Araragi and Hanekawa's words for her at the end, and specially Hanekawa's ones, because she had suffered abuses in the past and must be identificated with Oikura. Very nice character development ^^

Based Shinbou has given us a great quantity of head tilts, I like that (specially in the scene when Oikura throws her tea to Araragi). Hanekawa is a master in the art of catching things in the air, good for her.

I also like the small cameo of Nadeko (and the Fire Sisters). The endcars of today was friggin weird, though.
Oct 31, 2015 11:17 AM

Aug 2008
Kinda feel bad for Oikura.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 31, 2015 11:26 AM

Oct 2012
How does one even voice for oikura....I was speechless at the performance D:

and wow, at this rate oikura is going to be my second favorite girl in the series
Oct 31, 2015 11:27 AM

Aug 2008
tsanggitu said:
How does one even voice for oikura....I was speechless at the performance D:

and wow, at this rate oikura is going to be my second favorite girl in the series

I like the intensity she brought to the show even though she can be b!tch.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 31, 2015 11:33 AM

May 2013
i really feel bad for oikura..

but what i dont get is WHY didnt she tell araragi directly when they were in middle school?

why did she not tell him? why math tution class? if it was me i would also think that she just a girl with helping heart that want to help me with my math duh? how could i possibly know your trouble girl? comon speaks your mind bithc...

if she had speak her mind then maybe all of this would might not have happen to her

5/5
Oct 31, 2015 11:37 AM

Feb 2011
wtf was that tea cup tossing? :o

hanekawa blocking more cups throws, keeping the discussion civilized, great mediation there
can't imagine what would have happened if ougi was there instead

ohoh, hanekawa should have felt oikura's story a lot, since she had problems with her parents/legal guardians too

wonder if oikura was just creating an excuse to don't go back to school by asking them to find her mother, or if she was serious about that

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 31, 2015 11:41 AM
Oct 2015
Voice acting was A++ this ep, especially for Oikura.
And lol, it was really difficult for me to pronounce "Araragi" when I started watching Bakemono ^^
But I'm sure some of you smarty pants can figure out where Sodachi's mom is.
Oct 31, 2015 11:41 AM
Mar 2014
So I guess Sodachi Lost is my new favourite Monogatari arc. A very realistic depiction of mental illness, even if played a bit bluntly. As Hanekawa so kindly put it:

Oct 31, 2015 11:43 AM
Oct 2015
na35899 said:

but what i dont get is WHY didnt she tell araragi directly when they were in middle school?

Ougi said something about Oikura not wanting to directly turn her parents in, so she didn't say anything directly...
Oct 31, 2015 11:43 AM
Jun 2015
Damn, Hanekawa's reflexes are OP. She made sure all that fine china stayed on point.

Props to this episode for making me feel for a character that I didn't really care for previously. Major points for the voice acting as well.
Oct 31, 2015 11:47 AM

Nov 2014
I was going to say that this chapter is crap because she was not Ougi
But Hanekawa did well, top again (in the previous chapter she was disgusting)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2015 11:48 AM
Mar 2014
DeeIsMe said:
Props to this episode for making me feel for a character that I didn't really care for previously.

I sympathized with her when she was first introduced, since I was in a similar situation a while back.
Oct 31, 2015 11:49 AM

Sep 2015
I'm really loving this Sodachi arc.

"Please be my villain."

Sep 2013
Sad story, sure, but Oikura's still one of the creepiest characters I've ever seen.

Feb 2011
na35899 said:

same reason araragi didn't go around telling everyone his parents were cops

na35899 said:
why did she not tell him? why math tution class? if it was me i would also think that she just a girl with helping heart that want to help me with my math duh? how could i possibly know your trouble girl? comon speaks your mind bithc...

if she had speak her mind then maybe all of this would might not have happen to her

mmm, or maybe she would have been separed from her family sooner, even with the help of police marriages and relationships can't be fixed that easily (araragi's parents already knew anyway, since that time they took her home for custody)
in the end it was just the wish of a child to fix everything with the help of cops
the reason she used a very indirect way to ask for help may have been cause the way she did grow up in her conflicted family
(or as ougi speculated, to don't accuse them directly, cause she feared them)
ZeandoOct 31, 2015 11:53 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 31, 2015 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
This episode consisted of dialogue, much like practically every other Monogatari episode. As always, the dialogue was nothing special, consisting mainly of exposition, as well as the characters talking about their motivations, discussing what to do next, and then doing so.

All in all, standard Monogatari fare.

Also, this arc is playing out like practically every other arc. Girl has issues → tragic past is revealed → Araragi helps her (by talking, of course). All that's left is for her to fall in love with him, and this arc will be yet another winner at the Monogatari bingo.

2/5
D-ohnutsOct 31, 2015 12:10 PM
Oct 31, 2015 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
That there's mai waifu, Senjougahara can't catch that shit, proof Hanekawa is best girl.

wtf was that Doraemon art though lol
Oct 31, 2015 12:24 PM

Apr 2015
Oh man, Oikura
I don't know what
to say

Araragi, I almost
thought this guy is
trying to fish Oikura
with that cheesy line

What? are you for real
Oikura?

Oct 31, 2015 12:28 PM

Aug 2015
I like Oikura even more after watching this episode.
Oct 31, 2015 12:41 PM

Mar 2015
Oikura and Hanekawa are on the different sides of the same coin.
So much in common, yet very difference.
KotobakayaroOct 31, 2015 1:17 PM

Oct 31, 2015 12:44 PM

Nov 2014
64SuperNintendo said:

Also, this arc is playing out like practically every other arc. Girl has issues → tragic past is revealed → Araragi helps her (by talking, of course). All that's left is for her to fall in love with him, and this arc will be yet another winner at the Monogatari bingo.

2/5

araragi don't helped ougi (on the contrary), give points to the others episodes for that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2015 12:49 PM

Feb 2011
GuidedCursor said:
Oikura and Hanekawa is on the different sides of the same coin.
So much in common, yet very difference.

well they experienced different kinds of abuse, and reacted to it in different ways
hanekawa got ignored and neglected, oikura got physical abuse

64SuperNintendo said:

really hope they will remain friends at most,
but this is an harem (or very close to that) so you can't expect too much..

besides, what matters is the journey, not the goal, you can't really enjoy a show if you don't put yourself into the character shoes
ZeandoOct 31, 2015 12:53 PM

Oct 31, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
Old_Raven said:
Sad story, sure, but Oikura's still one of the creepiest characters I've ever seen.

Not as creepy as Ougi.
Oct 31, 2015 12:53 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was some brilliant voice acting by Oikura's seiiyu. Looking forward to the conclusion of this arc next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 31, 2015 1:07 PM

Aug 2015
It sounded like Oikura's description of being beaten/pummeled in places that weren't visible was a metaphor for sexual abuse.
Oct 31, 2015 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
lonelytree said:
sigh... can never get used to not being able to marathon through all the arcs. Oikura's becoming more likeable haha.

Same, but once the Monogatari series is officially over, you can do that. I plan to.

I really felt bad for Oikura in this episode. She's gone through so much crap. I'm sure Araragi and Hanekawa will fix this situation.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 31, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2011
So can someone clear up that "You can despise me as much as you want. At least as much as I used to love you before." line since it left me a little confused. Is it a reference to a previous said line in this arc? (there is a lot of lines so forgive me if I don't remember) or is it his feelings of when he was being tutored by her when he was in middle school, though I don't think that is it hence why I am asking.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 31, 2015 1:28 PM
Sep 2015
Im liked how Hanekawa keep discussion as polite as it could be,Sodachi is being really interesting character and for some reason i liked her since beggining,that line really hit me "You can't be happy if you arent trying to be happy" or something like that,specially when she said that she despise everything and everyone im hope that she will recover and show us her normal smile because she kinda smiled like psycho,but i like her,shes been through so many things yet shes still going i kinda admire her,and also regarding her mother i think that she found her dead in her room,specially with that locked-room puzzle,and it seems kinda impossible to find her mother without any informations or without seeing her.Can't wait for next episode
Oct 31, 2015 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, some very good dialogue. This story feels more grounded and realistic.
Oct 31, 2015 1:30 PM
Sep 2011
Ever since the first time I saw Oikura's character design I had the suspicion that the similarities between her and Hachikuji were intentional and this episode confirmed it with the former's backstory: Twintails aside, they both come from broken families with one of their parents getting custody of them. Both claim to despise Araragi when they're first introduced and in both cases it's only to cover up some deeply seated issues.
Whereas Oikura was his childhood friend, Hachikuji eventually went on to become Araragi's best buddy (Hanekawa was more of an unattainable saint he put on a pedestal despite them being very close, judging from his behaviour in Nekomonogatari Kuro). Not to mention neither of them are able or willing to pronounce Araragi's name properly.

In an alternate universe (zombie apocalypse excluded) Oikura might have been how Hachkuji had turned out had she survived the traffic accident (traffic lights played a role in her story which might have inspired Nisio to make it a recurring topic regarding Ougi).
Oct 31, 2015 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
Yeaaah Hanakawa was the most appropriate choice to bring over since she can sympathize with Oikura's family history to some degree.

She also has great cat-like reflexes so Araragi doesn't get rekt. :^)
Oct 31, 2015 2:40 PM

Apr 2015
Wew, truly a nice episode!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

210 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

171 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.