Forum Settings
Forums

Are you intimidated by females with a higher level of education than you?

New
Aug 29, 2014 9:25 PM

Aug 2014
I mean in terms of talking to them and asking them out.

By higher level of education, I mean if you have a HS degree and she has an undergraduate college degree. Or if you have an undergraduate college degree and she has a graduate/master degree. Etc.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 29, 2014 9:27 PM

Mar 2013
It would be an interesting experience that's for sure. I can't really say how I'd feel.

I guess it'd mostly depend on her demeanor and how snarky or pretentious she came off as.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 29, 2014 9:28 PM

Feb 2013
Only if we're playing Jeopardy and even then I'd still give her a run for her money.

She'd also have to be hot. Ugly women don't intimidate me at any level. They just need to stay away from me.

I'd also like to point out that a higher level of education doesn't really mean much anymore. Even a college graduate with a Masters degree can still be a fucking idiot. It also comes down to how well a person can convey their knowledge. For instance, I am much more well spoken than many people I have met with plenty of post-education. Nothing disgusts me more than someone who talks (normally, not intentionally) like they text. That goes for anyone, not just women.
NTADAug 29, 2014 9:36 PM
Aug 29, 2014 9:30 PM

Mar 2014
Doesn't matter. In the end, I'll be the one with the higher IQ.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Aug 29, 2014 9:31 PM

Jul 2012
Everyone is smart in different ways, Like I can tell people if a soda has caffeine in it or not since I memorized most soda brands and ther caffeine content like to see a Heart surgeon major do that.
MiraniaOct 18, 2014 9:18 PM
Aug 29, 2014 9:31 PM

Sep 2012
1. Talking to somebody who has higher credentials than you, man or woman, in a casual setting can be intimidating for anyone, man or women.

2. However, that mostly depends on:
a. Your personality and how you relate to others.
b. Their personality and how they relate to others.

This thread does not need to be gendered, and there's not really much to discuss seeing as the answers vary by individual case. You can't generalize something like this, unless you yourself are discriminatory or classist or whatever and have an irrational distain for people in higher positions than you.

If that's the case I suggest you stop being an asshole.
Aug 29, 2014 9:32 PM

Mar 2014
Doesn't bother me, I just think about in a couple of years, I'll be their boss since jobs always put men above women.
Aug 29, 2014 9:33 PM

Apr 2013
I'd actually be more interested if anything.

That's the way it is with the girl I'm talking to. She's really smart and that's kinda how she got to me. I'm not sure if she knows it, but she's the only person that I've ever felt like I had to chase after. My other relationships, not so much. It was like they were already there but I suppose that's why they were so easy to let go as messed-up as that sounds.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 29, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2014
Why does it has to be females?

You sexist people.
Aug 29, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
I think it's hot. I'd like to be a lazy slob that doesn't have to do all the thinking in a relationship
Aug 29, 2014 9:36 PM

Apr 2012
Any man who is is going to have a rough time. Every year more and more women attend college than men.
Aug 29, 2014 9:37 PM

Feb 2005
No, that's just great, then I can ask her to do my taxes while she's making me a sandwich. It's a bonus utility.
Aug 29, 2014 9:37 PM

Apr 2013
Nanet said:

You sexist people.

Traditionally the male has been the primary "breadwinner" of the family. That's where the idea roots from, and mostly why I don't think this is a troll thread, just a thread that is phrased in a way that makes it subject to attacks.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 29, 2014 9:39 PM

Sep 2013
SamuelLJackson said:
Any man who is is going to have a rough time. Every year more and more women attend college than men.

Well too bad all the jobs go to the degrees men usually take...

- Computer Science
- Engineering
- Accounting/Finance

While for women these are the top choices:

- English
- Small Business degrees
- Art

Where do you think the high paying jobs lie?
Aug 29, 2014 9:40 PM

Aug 2014
iSheep said:
Nanet said:

You sexist people.

Traditionally the male has been the primary "breadwinner" of the family. That's where the idea roots from, and mostly why I don't think this is a troll thread, just a thread that is phrased in a way that makes it subject to attacks.

I thought gender equality/feminine rights had already been established 50 years ago. *sarcasm*
Aug 29, 2014 9:42 PM

Apr 2012
Theaterofhope said:
SamuelLJackson said:

Well too bad all the jobs go to the degrees men usually take...

- Computer Science
- Engineering
- Accounting/Finance

While for women these are the top choices:

- English
- Small Business degrees
- Art

Where do you think the high paying jobs lie?

Touche. lol Fortunately OP never specified anything about them being employed.
Aug 29, 2014 9:44 PM

Apr 2013
Nanet said:
iSheep said:

I thought gender equality/feminine rights had already been established 50 years ago. *sarcasm*

In the same way that the President we elect fulfills the promises that put him in office.
Aug 29, 2014 9:52 PM

Mar 2012
No, as long as she backs it up with true intelligence and doesn't just be a snob about it.

Intelligence is very sexy.
Aug 29, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2013
RichtheLionheart said:
No, as long as she backs it up with true intelligence and doesn't just be a snob about it.

It's usually the ones that lack real intelligence that act like snobs. That's what I've noticed.

Sounds like my ex. I hate my ex. >.<
Aug 29, 2014 10:02 PM

Aug 2014
iSheep said:
RichtheLionheart said:

It's usually the ones that lack real intelligence that act like snobs. That's what I've noticed.

Anyone who lacks intelligence is a snob.

In the internet, we judge a person's intelligence by their grammar.
Aug 29, 2014 10:04 PM

Apr 2013
Nanet said:
iSheep said:

Haha so true about the grammar.
Aug 29, 2014 10:06 PM

Mar 2013
Nanet said:
iSheep said:

That's not what I go by, although it helps.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 29, 2014 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
iSheep said:
RichtheLionheart said:

Or people who try to act smarter than they are. That goes for men and women. It's all fine and dandy, to present yourself as an intelligent person, but some people are beyond obnoxious. Especially people who try to push their new vocab word of the week, into a conversation. It really rubs me off the wrong way, when someone follows a moderate level vocabulary term with "Do you know what that means?".

On that note, certain people in academia make me want to tear my hair out. The sheer smugness of some of these people is mind-boggling.

Well, I don't want to get too carried way...

/Rant
Aug 29, 2014 10:12 PM

Apr 2013
RichtheLionheart said:
Or people who try to act smarter than they are. That goes for men and women. It's all fine and dandy, to present yourself as an intelligent person, but some people are beyond obnoxious. Especially people who try to push their new vocab word of the week, into a conversation. It really rubs me off the wrong way, when someone follows a moderate level vocabulary term with "Do you know what that means?".

On that note, certain people in academia make me want to tear my hair out. The sheer smugness of some of these people is mind-boggling.

/Rant

Sounds like most "smart" people in high school. Or college. Always that group of assholes that try to outsmart people with their "knowledge." Come to think of it, I know too many people like that.

I'm surrounded man. :/
Aug 29, 2014 10:28 PM

Mar 2012
iSheep said:
RichtheLionheart said:

/Rant

Sounds like most "smart" people in high school. Or college. Always that group of assholes that try to outsmart people with their "knowledge." Come to think of it, I know too many people like that.

I'm surrounded man. :/

Yes, the good ol' University system, that tries to convince every student that they will be the successful leaders of the future.

Well, I've been called a "know it all" but I'm not trying to be smart. I've been a nerd, since I was a kid, and I never needed someone to encourage me to read or learn. I'm no genius, but I would consider myself to have at least a moderate level of intellect. It's both a blessing and a curse, especially because you can sniff out people who are full of it.

I don't start conversations to tell people things like, "did you know?". I may happen to point out some facts or lead into some relevant information, pertaining to the conversation; but I'm not in the business of convincing everyone I'm Albert Einstein's disciple.

It's funny because a lot of people who know me know I'm quite intelligent, but there a few who think I'm an idiot. I know they do, but I play the part half of the time for them because it is entertaining. I know I shouldn't, but hey..maybe I'm a bit of an asshole sometimes ;).
Aug 29, 2014 11:23 PM

Jun 2010
I'd definitely be turned off, not so much intimidated, by women who have a higher level of education than me and boast about it.
Aug 29, 2014 11:31 PM

Sep 2012
No, because I'm a man and I'm still inherently better than women regardless of how successful they are with their lives.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 29, 2014 11:33 PM

Jun 2014
Korrvo said:
No, because I'm a man and I'm still inherently better than women regardless of how successful they are with their lives.
Mysognist detected.
Extremely poor dumb men are on the same level as extremely rich intelligent women.
So no, you arent on the same level as a woman if you're extremely poor and dumb and the woman is extremely rich and intelligent, they will balance each other.
To think is the living of the believer. To believe, is to think.
pw: qwertyuiop
Aug 29, 2014 11:36 PM
Dec 2013
I wish I was your derivative so I could lie tanget to your curves
Aug 29, 2014 11:45 PM
Jul 2014
I may or may not be partially sapiosexual.....
I'M GONE NOW
Aug 29, 2014 11:45 PM

Mar 2014
No. I'd actually be more inclined to approach one just to get my D on her straight A's record. Nom sayin?
Aug 29, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2014
Nope. They're still normal humans either way.
Aug 30, 2014 12:11 AM

Jul 2013
No I'm not intimidated by females with a higher education level than me, because a higher education level does not mean she is smarter than me.
Aug 30, 2014 12:17 AM

Mar 2014
No, I would actually like it because it's hard to find females smarter than me when the majority I see around me are dumb broads.
Aug 30, 2014 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
Not at all, on the contrary, a smart woman is really interesting, and for some reason I like nerdy girls too. I guess the only bad thing about it would be if she's as competitive as me, we could end up arguing if that were the case (it already happened to me), I like to show off my intelligence too so... probably it won't work that way.
I luv u
Aug 30, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2014
As someone who is equally terrified of both women and educational institutions, the concept of an intelligent female is spooky enough to give me a mild heart attack.
LatentAug 30, 2014 12:59 AM
Aug 30, 2014 2:24 AM

Apr 2014
Nanet said:

You're a fool if you ever believe equality will ever be perfect in life. There will always be prejudice. Even if you're the same gender, race, right down to the same height and weight. Someone will judge you, and will not consider you as an equal.

It has less to do with feminine rights, and more to do with how humans are judgmental as all hell. And no one can say they aren't. If they do, they are lying.
daveAug 30, 2014 2:31 AM
Aug 30, 2014 2:59 AM

Dec 2013
How did you get intimidated? Were you arguing with her and she started throwing her Master Degree Math questions at you?

"After I finish fucking you. I am going to kill you."

Aug 30, 2014 3:28 AM

Jul 2014
From what I read here it seems to be that most of you are not intimidated by the idea of dating women with higher level of education but the idea of dating smart women, whether they're educated or not. That's nothing new because men like to impress women with their knowledge and whatever skills they have (and there ain't nothing wrong with that), but in the end it's always better to have someone you can actually exchange opinions with than just someone to just fuck look at. Most of the time satisfaction in a relationship can be truly achieved if you actually consider your partner intellectually equal. It goes for women too of course.

Also snobby assholes are always irritating no matter their gender or education. They don't intimidate me though. It's hard to intimidate me because I don't take people very seriouly unless they're really close to me.
Aug 30, 2014 3:48 AM

May 2013
It actually turne me on.
Aug 30, 2014 4:01 AM

Apr 2014
No, but I'd feel more self-conscious than usual while speaking with her (or him, for that matter).
Aug 30, 2014 4:02 AM

Jun 2014
i dont feel intimidated, its actually very attractive to me.
Aug 30, 2014 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
As long as she isn't snobby or condescending, I don't care.
Aug 30, 2014 5:49 AM

Jun 2013
Why would anyone be? Being around people you can learn from is a great thing.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Aug 30, 2014 5:54 AM
Jul 2014
sedmelluq said:
Don't underestimate a man's pride.
I'M GONE NOW
Aug 30, 2014 6:00 AM

Jul 2014
No I don't care if a female has a higher level of education than me.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Aug 30, 2014 6:05 AM
Mar 2014
sedmelluq said:
People are too busy in being absorbed in false insecurities to have an interest for learning.
Aug 30, 2014 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
SovietStrawberry said:
sedmelluq said:
People are too busy in being absorbed in false insecurities to have an interest for learning.

“We're going to have to let truth scream louder to our souls than the lies that have infected us.”
Aug 30, 2014 8:48 AM

Aug 2014
Lol any female intimidates me
Aug 30, 2014 9:51 AM
Jun 2014
ReignSixx said:
No, I would actually like it because it's hard to find females smarter than me when the majority I see around me are dumb broads.
The same thing applies to men.

Jaguer91 said:
Not at all, on the contrary, a smart woman is really interesting, and for some reason I like nerdy girls too. I guess the only bad thing about it would be if she's as competitive as me, we could end up arguing if that were the case (it already happened to me), I like to show off my intelligence too so... probably it won't work that way.
I beg to differ. Being in a relationship allows the competitive nerdy girl to relax and show her feminine side.

AnarchicSloth said:
sedmelluq said:
Don't underestimate a man's pride.
Ever heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

43 by Auron_ »»
5 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - 4 hours ago

4 by LoveYourEyes »»
17 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

737 by deg »»
31 minutes ago

» Do you celebrate your Birthday

ST63LTH - 1 hour ago

5 by LightWorker »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - May 5

30 by JaniSIr »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.