Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2014 8:09 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Amagi Brilliant Park
The main cast, additional cast members, and a staff member have been revealed, along with the OP.

Cast
Seiya Kaine: Kouki Uchiyama
Isuzu Sento: Ai Kakuma
Latifah Fleuranza: Yukiyo Fujii
Moffle: Ayako Kawasumi
Tirami: Ai Nonaka
Macaron: Ryoko Shiraishi
Muse: Yuuka Aisaka
Cilphie: Tomoyo Kurosawa
Kopori: Shiori Mikami
Sarama: Minami Tsuda

Staff
Music: Shinkichi Mitsumune

Opening Theme: "Extra Magic Hour" by AKINO with bless4

Source: Moca
Previous related news: Light Novel 'Amagi Brilliant Park' to Be Animated

Garo: Honoo no Kokuin
Additional cast and staff for the series have been revealed, along with the OP and artist for the ED.

Cast
Leon Luise: Daisuke Namikawa
Helman Luise: Kenyuu Horiuchi
Alfonso San Valante: Katsuhito Nomura
Emma Gusman: Romi Park

Staff
Studio: MAPPA/Tohokushinsha Film Corporation
Animation Character Design: Toshiyuki Kanno
Art Director: Kazuyuki Hashimoto
CG Director: Makoto Kanemoto
Film Director: Yuusuke Tannowa
Music: MONACA
Production: Tohokushinsha Film Corporation
Sound Director: Souichirou Kubo

Opening Theme: "Honoo no Kokuin -DIVINE FLAME- (炎ノ刻印-DIVINE FLAME-)" by JAM Project
Ending Theme: Sayaka Sasaki

Source: AnimeAnime
Previous related news: Tokusatsu Show 'Garo' to Receive Anime Adaptation

Koufuku Graffiti
Additional cast members and staff have been revealed.

Cast
Ryou Chouko: Rina Satou
Kirin Morino: Asuka Oogame
Shiina: Mikako Komatsu

Staff
Director: Akiyuki Shinbou
Series Composition: Mari Okada
Character Design: Kazuya Shiozuki

Source: Nekonotemo
Previous related news: Manga 'Koufuku Graffiti' to Get TV Anime

[u]Ore Twintails ni Narimasu.[/u]
The cast for the series along with the OP and artist for the ED have been revealed.

Red Tail: Sumire Uesaka
Souji Mitsuka: Nobunaga Shimazaki
Erina Shindou: Chinatsu Akasaki
Aika Tsube: Yuuka Aisaka
Thouars: Maaya Uchida
Iisuna: Yoko Hikasa
Lizardgildy: Tessyo Genda
Dragogildy: Tetsu Inada
Miharu Mitsuka: Hiromi Igarashi
Mukoto Sakuragawa: Mao Ichimichi

Opening Theme: "Gimme! Revolution (ギミー!レボリューション)" by Maaya Uchida
Ending Theme: Twintails (Red Tail [CV: Sumire Uesaka], Blue Tail [CV: Yuuka Aisaka], Yellow Tail [CV: Chinatsu Akesaka])

Previous related news: Light Novel 'Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu' Has Anime Adaptation In the Works

Trinity Seven
The main cast for the series have been revealed.

Arata Kasuga: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Lilith Asami: Yumi Hara
Arin Kannazuki: Maaya Uchida
Revi Kazama: Ayane Sakura
Mira Yamana: Yoko Hikasa
Akio Fudou: Ryouka Yuzuki
Yui Kurata: Rie Murakawa
Liselotte Sharlock: Nao Touyama

Source: Yaraon
Previous related news: 'Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Masho Tsukai' Manga to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

World Trigger
Some of the main cast members for the series have been revealed.

Osamu Mikumo: Yuki Kaji
Replica: Hideyuki Tanaka
Yuuma Kuga: Tomo Muranaka
Chika Amatori: Nao Tamura
Yuuichi Jin: Yuuichi Nakamura
Jun Arashiyama: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Kyouichi Karasuma: Jun Fukuyama
Kirie Konami: Rie Kugimiya

Source: ANN, August 11's Event Report on Natalie
Previous related news: Manga 'World Trigger' Receives Anime Adaptation

Other Anime News

Kiss x Sis (OVA)
The final episode of the OVA will be bundled with the 14th manga volume on April 15, 2015.

Source: Yaraon

Manga News

High Score Girl Volumes Recalled
According to Natalie, volumes of the manga High Score Girl have been recalled due to a possible copyright claim on the use of game characters. It will not affect the serialization and upcoming anime adaptation.

Source: Natalie

Update August 12
High Score Girl's serialization will be affected. According to a message that was publicized on the 11th on Monthly Big Gangan's official site, the serialization will be taking break until further notice.

Source: Message from Big Gangan's Editor-in-chief

Gin no Saji Serialization to be Slowed
Mangaka Hiromu Arakawa will announce in the 36th and 37th issues of Shounen Sunday that the publication of manga Gin no Saji will be slowed down due to health issues of a family member. It is currently published weekly.

Source: Mantan

Koe no Katachi to End
According to an editor of Weekly Shounen Magazine, the last chapter will be featured in the 51st issue of Weekly Shounen, to be released on November 12th. The manga will finish with seven volumes.

Source: Tweet

Industry News

Seiyuu Hitomi Nabatame Married
The seiyuu announced the marriage via her blog.

Source: Official Blog

Seiyuu Shuusei Nakamura Passes Away
The seiyuu passed away in a Tokyo hospital at age 79.

Source: Chunichi

Streaming Service Neon Valley to be Free of Charge
At their panel at Otakon, Viz Media announced that their anime streaming service, Neon Alley, will now be free.

Source: ANN
Sakana-sanMay 11, 2016 6:49 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 11, 2014 8:09 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
PVs/TV Ads
A collection of promotional videos and TV advertisements from the past week.
Note: All PVs/CMs from the Summer season can be found on our Summer 2014 Preview thread found here.

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Aug 11, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Mm, I see a lot of cast info this week although I'm more eager to see some of the previews soon. Too bad about the High School Girl incident though. That's a bit of a shame.

Good to know the info on Amagi Brilliant Park especially with the director this time. Also, I am really curious about to see an animated PV of World Trigger.
Aug 11, 2014 8:32 AM

Feb 2009
Twintails looks like a stupid fun anime. Sure can't pass that. I'm expecting a really low budget with lots of QUALITY given that it's Production IMS. DAL II was just littered with it.

Gotta make some time to read World Trigger and Trinity Seven, probably next month. Though with Toei handling the former and the quality of Sailor Moon Crystal, I'm not too optimistic about it.

Still waiting for the whole cast announcement of Vanadis.
Aug 11, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2013
Koe no Katachi to End

The time has come.
Aug 11, 2014 8:51 AM
Jan 2013
Congratulation Hitomi san xD

R.I.P Shuusei san T^T
Aug 11, 2014 9:19 AM
Mar 2013
It's High Score Girl, not High School Girl??
Engrish speaker
Aug 11, 2014 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
Snow said:

Again? Didn't he was announced as a mc for another shonen series last week? Why can't he stop spamming his voice in every single anime.
Aug 11, 2014 10:27 AM
Nov 2013
Will I live to see the day where Akiyuki Shinbo is not the director for a new SHAFT series? It's been like almost 7 years...
Aug 11, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
Mm the animes don't look that bad but nothing sticks out to me o wel we shal just have to wait and see :D:P
Aug 11, 2014 12:02 PM

Feb 2011
Snow said:

[u]Ore Twintails ni Narimasu.[/u]
The cast for the series along with the OP and artist for the ED have been revealed.

Red Tail: Sumire Uesaka
Souji Mitsuka: Nobunaga Shimazaki
Erina Shindou: Chinatsu Akasaki
Aika Tsube: Yuuka Aisaka
Thouars: Maaya Uchida
Iisuna: Yoko Hikasa
Lizardgildy: Tessyo Genda
Dragogildy: Tetsu Inada
Miharu Mitsuka: Hiromi Igarashi
Mukoto Sakuragawa: Mao Ichimichi

Opening Theme: "Gimme! Revolution (ギミー!レボリューション)" by Maaya Uchida
Ending Theme: Twintails [Red Tail (CV: Sumire Uesaka), Blue Tail (CV: Yuuka Aisaka), Yellow Tail (CV: Chinatsu Akesaka)]

Previous related news: Light Novel 'Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu' Has Anime Adaptation In the Works

I haven't even noticed this was scheduled for Fall. I guess It's going to be REALLY average in every aspect. Taking into account that I have quite a solid number of shows I'm willing to watch this Fall I might end up dropping this unfortunately. But oh well, we'll see how this anime will start up.
Aug 11, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
ZachM said:
Will I live to see the day where Akiyuki Shinbo is not the director for a new SHAFT series? It's been like almost 7 years...

Love him or hate him he does well for SHAFT. He's one of the big names knocking about these days and so long as he's available he will lead the line animating for the company; given his popularity and the success and acclaim of most of his shows, they'd be silly not to utilise him whenever they can. I can't really speak for all his shows, but you've got the likes of the Monogatari series and Madoka Magica which a lot of people love, but recently Mekuka City Actors (which I haven't seen) which was met with much disappointment on here at least, but still seemingly managed to sell well; that's what he brings to the table even if some of his shows seem less-than-stellar to many people.

I can't see Shinbo not animating for SHAFT at this present time unless he takes a break or suddenly a mass of people go off his whole art style which everyone loves which would mean deteriorating acclaim for him. I've noticed a gradual increase in people complaining about Shinbo being "limited" and not doing anything different with his style which I can understand but it really doesn't bother me as much as it does some people, sure I would like to see him show if he can do anything different as a director but if he wants to continue doing the same thing as he's doing now then fine; so long as the people unhappy with his style stays a minority then he doesn't have much to worry about.
KilnerbankerAug 11, 2014 1:33 PM
Aug 11, 2014 1:09 PM
Oct 2013
Ok.. this remenber me that i need read Gin no Saji,Koe no Katachi and World Trigger... the anime of WT have Kaji Yuki huh? Good! Nice briefs... ^^
Aug 11, 2014 1:23 PM

Mar 2013
Wish they'd hurry up with the Madan PV.

Aug 11, 2014 1:33 PM

Jul 2008
Akino singing the Amagi theme song?! I may be just a little more hyped for KyoAni's show this Fall.
Aug 11, 2014 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
Snow said:
According to Natalie, volumes of High Score Girl have been recalled due to a possible copyright claim on the use of game characters. It will not affect the serialization and upcoming anime adaptation.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-11/hi-score-girl-halts-serialization-after-snk-copyright-charges/.77521
Aug 11, 2014 2:17 PM

Nov 2007
_Yamainu said:
Snow said:

Again? Didn't he was announced as a mc for another shonen series last week?

That would be Nanatsu no Daizai.
tsubasaloverAug 11, 2014 3:34 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 11, 2014 2:32 PM

Mar 2013
A romantic comedy animated by Kyoto Animation. I'll put that one under the microscope, simply to see the evolution/devolution through time.
Aug 11, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2010
Neon Alley will be free? Heck yes!
Aug 11, 2014 3:14 PM

Nov 2008
Hopefully Koufuku Graffiti sells, it's been a rollercoaster with Manga Time Kirara Adaptations, Kiniro Mosiac sold enough for a second season, Sakura Trick sold terribly, Gochiusa sold as well as Dog Days, and Hanayamata most likely won't sell well.

Aug 11, 2014 3:36 PM

Nov 2007
Skas said:
Snow said:
According to Natalie, volumes of High Score Girl have been recalled due to a possible copyright claim on the use of game characters. It will not affect the serialization and upcoming anime adaptation.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-11/hi-score-girl-halts-serialization-after-snk-copyright-charges/.77521
Thank you for notifying us.

News Update
High Score Girl's serialization will be affected. According to a message that was publicized on the 11th on Monthly Big Gangan's official site, the serialization will be taking break until further notice.

Source: Message from Big Gangan's Editor-in-chief
NaruleachAug 12, 2014 1:19 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 11, 2014 4:36 PM

Nov 2011
KajaKamisama said:
Koe no Katachi to End

The time has come.

Now the question is anime adaptation when?
Aug 11, 2014 9:25 PM
May 2012
Aw yeah, all these Animu!! Amagi Brilliant Park :3
Yuki Kaji again, huh.
"The final episode of the OVA will be bundled with the 14th Manga Volume on April 15th, 2015." Fucking finally =_= I waited like, 2 years, man.
"High Score Girl have been recalled due to a possible copyright claim on the use of game characters." "High Score Girl's serialization will be affected."
They should just let it slide.
Congratulations to Hitomi Nabatame~
Rest in peace to Shuusei Nakamura~

Stark700 said:
KajaKamisama said:
Koe no Katachi to End

The time has come.

Now the question is anime adaptation when?

I hope, soon enough.
Aug 11, 2014 10:40 PM

Apr 2014
Gin no saji :<
Aug 12, 2014 1:13 AM

Jan 2014
_Yamainu said:
Snow said:

Why can't he stop spamming his voice in every single anime.

don't blame him. blame the one who recruited him
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Aug 12, 2014 9:40 PM

Oct 2012
NOOOOOOOOOO. MY PRECIOUS HIGH SCORE GIRL ;AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA; How dare SNK do this to me D:<

Aug 13, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2008
gin no saji

hopefully the author will be fine.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
1 hour ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
10 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
Yesterday, 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.