Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 22, 2014 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, a pretty badass finale there.

Looks like Rygart really goes all out this episode. A lot of damage done. Narvi was silly this episode though XD haha
Jun 22, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
shruiken-wielding robot has never been so badass
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 24, 2014 9:47 PM
Jun 2014
yep nice to end episode but i wish rygart avenge death of girge
Jun 27, 2014 1:41 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

How many people would say today, using a very popular term, this episode is a bit "meh"!
The plot in this episode has remained identical to that of the film, mostly is narrated in the same way; a bit sad with the result.
Fights excellent, but the handling of the action scenes, would have been better if they had not been fragmented but had followed continuously throughout the act to the end, sometimes I did not mind what was happening.
Characters good, very typical, unfortunately this TV series has only added extra scenes and nothing else, the result is not changed at the end.
What was the point of all this?
Excellent work of the IG and Xebec.
However beautiful additions at the end of the TV series, but the movies are higher due to the fact that you have not broken the story in the best moments and more playing time for telling the various events seen.
I hope there is another season for this brand.
The final grade is 8/10!
Jun 27, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2012
Not bad, I'm still disappointed that the final weapon wasn't a big fucking sword.
Jun 27, 2014 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
The action on this show was really good. I hope they animate more stuff from the manga.
Jun 28, 2014 4:56 AM

Apr 2013
Hope they ACTUALLY make a sequel now xD

Jun 28, 2014 5:42 AM
Jan 2014
This anime was awesome until the end. Liked everything about it. The characters, the amazing OST, the cast, the awesome mech designs, the setting... everything.
Delphine is such an awesome looking and functioning mech in particular.
The scene where Delphine clashed with Hykelion on the road to Binonten's palace was beautiful.
Borcuse's death was brutal, that giant shuriken splattered him apart.
Narvi is still upset about General True's death, I hope she overcomes it.
Regatz made it all the way to Binonten, in order to search for his older brother.
I really hope this anime gets some form of a sequel.
Will probably rewatch this later on in movie form.
Jun 28, 2014 5:50 AM

Jul 2011
So was Rygart's reaction due to the fact that he realized how ignorant he was through his brother and turned into something which he hated?

This series really caught my attention because of the awesome mecha design. Definitely loved that part of the series.But sometimes some parts/frames are missing like that time with Rygart and Girge's first meeting. OVerall, a very enjoyable series might watch the movie version now.
Jun 28, 2014 5:51 AM

Aug 2008
Oh, for f***s sake, they made that shitty filler battle with bungee shuriken again. Why, just why make the same mistake as the movies. Movies had better graphics, and better music but failed miserably with last part. Why do the same but just with worse graphics and worse music. There was a perfectly good final battle in the original, why not show it instead, but pay someone to come up with crap like we saw in this episode.

Screw second season, I'm still waiting for a proper adaptation of first 50 chapters.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 28, 2014 6:24 AM

Jan 2013
Gutted that they went with the anime original ending, like the films, as this was their chance to follow the manga properly and open up the doors for at least another series.

Still, even with that, this remains one of my favourite anime. It was so easy to watch each episode, like I'd never watched it before, the re-watch value is great.
Jun 28, 2014 8:04 AM

May 2013
Awesome last episode! Full of action.
Rygart must have avenged those who fell before Borcuse.
Now that he's dead, Athens must be pissed.
A lot of good people died, though their deaths weren't in vain.

8/10
CreamZiJun 28, 2014 8:10 AM
Jun 28, 2014 8:06 AM

Jan 2014
Nice ending, I hope there will be a second season. :D
Jun 28, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
So... we get the same exact anime original ending as in the movies (that sucked) with the same boomerang weapon thingy vs the awesome manga version...

I hope that this wasn't just a purely blatant cash grab (well it is without a doubt a cash grab) and may be a small sign of them animating the rest of the manga. However, keeping the same ending as the movies is definitely not a good sign. If they were too lazy to change that then... :(
dankzelJun 28, 2014 11:26 AM
Jun 28, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2011
This series has so much potential, but the adaptation ruins it. >__<
Probably the only mecha I love. The setting, characters + relationships...

Sequel please. Until then, I will just re-watch the movies. Irked that the TV series had no original content. D;
Jun 28, 2014 11:31 AM

Jun 2012
This fight was better than I remembered. Or maybe they changed it Im not sure. But I heard this still didnt follow the manga so what was the point of the reboot?
Jun 28, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
Didn't watch the movie so I'm not gonna compare.

It's an engaging war story with a nice animation, the final fight was not bad although I questioned the choice of a shuriken yoyo like that. There are too many derp moments from the Krishna army as well as a great showing of Storm Trooper-like shooting ability. It's quite a wonder they have yet to be obliterated by countries other than Athens.

I'd like to see a more balanced or at least not so one-sided battles. Other than that it's a fine anime. 6/10
Jun 28, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2012
I'm so disappointed, exactly the same thing from the movie! How do expect to create sales by using the same scenes from a movie that didn't even make much profit! Going of track from the manga just ruined my image of a second season. Many thing were left out that will be important later on. It had great potential for a series, but ignoring the main idea won't let this get far.
Jun 28, 2014 2:26 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep but its pretty much the movies. I agree with other people in this thread I wonder if they will give us a real sequel.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 28, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty good series, but that shuriken is just silly.
Jun 28, 2014 4:40 PM

Jan 2013
Put me in the minority camp that likes the movie/anime fight better than the manga. It's fairly obvious that Borcuse outclasses Rygart completely. In the manga, Rygart just up and starts fighting like Girge and then wins the day? How exactly does that make sense? Girge's style was completely different than Rygart's, but a little imitation and the general who is rightfully feared is beaten?

In the movie/anime, it makes more sense; Borcuse isn't used to fighting against Rygart's tactics, and they are both finding out just what is possible with the giant shuriken... flail, I guess? That, coupled with damage to Borcuse's leg is enough for Rygart to snatch a very narrow victory.

Same with Girge's death in the manga--it makes no sense given that Borcuse eventually tells Rygart that he knew who Rygart was. That moment seems to have happened solely to make Rygart crack and kill Borcuse. For such a feared general, Manga Borcuse made an awfully stupid decision on a whim.
Jun 28, 2014 9:10 PM
Feb 2011
CNagy said:
Put me in the minority camp that likes the movie/anime fight better than the manga. It's fairly obvious that Borcuse outclasses Rygart completely. In the manga, Rygart just up and starts fighting like Girge and then wins the day? How exactly does that make sense? Girge's style was completely different than Rygart's, but a little imitation and the general who is rightfully feared is beaten?

In the movie/anime, it makes more sense; Borcuse isn't used to fighting against Rygart's tactics, and they are both finding out just what is possible with the giant shuriken... flail, I guess? That, coupled with damage to Borcuse's leg is enough for Rygart to snatch a very narrow victory.

Same with Girge's death in the manga--it makes no sense given that Borcuse eventually tells Rygart that he knew who Rygart was. That moment seems to have happened solely to make Rygart crack and kill Borcuse. For such a feared general, Manga Borcuse made an awfully stupid decision on a whim.

In the manga, it's literally a strategy for a hit on Borcuse. The reason he defeated him is simple, he chose the battleground, he chose his weapons solely to defeat him (along with his bodyguards), he had a huge element of surprise. Wasn't because he was more talented, it was because he fought under advantageous conditions on a mission with the sole purpose to take down the general. This animal original stuff is insulting because it makes Krishna look like complete chumps while in the manga, the entire army planned a cohesive and intelligent defense to defeat Athens by taking out their leader and basing their entire strategy around that goal. Not to mention that it robbed Rygart of some crucial character development by changing the circumstances of Girge's death. The anime and the movies seem to want to remove a lot of the complexity that makes the original better than the average action manga.
Jun 28, 2014 9:50 PM
Apr 2012
What a crummy ending. I was hoping the battle would improve over the movies but that didn't really happen.

Congrats to Rygart on winning a fight where he was completely outclassed. Borcuse could have ended the battle so many times over yet chose not to. What poor writing to have that BS lucky ankle joint break decide the fight. More so Borcuse just gives up right after. I found that so ridiculous until I glanced at how much time was left in the episode...

Overall Break Blade 2014 was pointless. They failed to improve and whatever bonus scenes they put in did not impact the story. I don't understand what the entire point of redoing this series when it's still came down to the non-canon shuriken again.

Rygart is still one of the worst male leads I've ever seen. 12 Episodes in and he still can't use any weapon properly. Swing lances, and smash more katanas.

I'm overall disappointed but objectively this was a fine series.

Story + Character + Animation + Sound + Enjoyment
3(5/10) + 3(4/10) + 3(9/10)+ 1(8/10) + 0(6/10) = 6.2 (6)
Jun 29, 2014 2:39 AM

Dec 2011
C'mon Rygat, it's your chance to shine and show us that you aren't totally useless in a fight!

So Cleo escapes and Rygart gets a new weapon huh.

Although lucky, Rygart managed to defeat and kill Borcuse in battle.

Poor Narvi T.T

Zess has a wife and kid lol...

So where's my 2nd season XD?
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 29, 2014 3:41 AM

Dec 2012
I don't feel like it should've ended there, and in fact, it didn't in a way. I hope we see a sequel, but we very well might not. This show wasn't the hottest stuff after all for whatever reason.
Jun 29, 2014 8:26 AM

Dec 2013
Placement said:
What a crummy ending. I was hoping the battle would improve over the movies but that didn't really happen.

Congrats to Rygart on winning a fight where he was completely outclassed. Borcuse could have ended the battle so many times over yet chose not to. What poor writing to have that BS lucky ankle joint break decide the fight. More so Borcuse just gives up right after. I found that so ridiculous until I glanced at how much time was left in the episode...

Overall Break Blade 2014 was pointless. They failed to improve and whatever bonus scenes they put in did not impact the story. I don't understand what the entire point of redoing this series when it's still came down to the non-canon shuriken again.

Rygart is still one of the worst male leads I've ever seen. 12 Episodes in and he still can't use any weapon properly. Swing lances, and smash more katanas.

Basically this.

That last scene pretty much summed up the entire series for me: Laughable.

Yeah, the animation for the mechs were bad-ass and damn good. Yeah we had a lot of eye candy with Sigyn and Cleo. But two good points does not a good anime make.

The entire story didn't flow well, we have a lazy arse king who doesn't want to be king, a queen who wants the MC's D so bad that pretty much the entire continent and their dead grandparents all know it, and a useless MC who miraculously wins every losing battle either by default or because he gets bailed out by a whole tonne of sacrificial collateral human shields whose sole purpose is to indicate just how much of an idiot the MC is....

Then to top it off, the only true hero, and IMHO the true MC of this show (read Girge), doesn't show up until midway through the show and gets his brains blown out two episodes before the end of the series.... Are you fricking kidding me?!?!?

Seriously if it hadn't been for Girge and the mecha in this show, I probably would have dropped this to a 5 or 4. Was thinking of starting the manga when this initially was announced, but now I don't think I'll even bother..
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 29, 2014 1:04 PM
Apr 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Placement said:

Basically this.

That last scene pretty much summed up the entire series for me: Laughable.

Yeah, the animation for the mechs were bad-ass and damn good. Yeah we had a lot of eye candy with Sigyn and Cleo. But two good points does not a good anime make.

The entire story didn't flow well, we have a lazy arse king who doesn't want to be king, a queen who wants the MC's D so bad that pretty much the entire continent and their dead grandparents all know it, and a useless MC who miraculously wins every losing battle either by default or because he gets bailed out by a whole tonne of sacrificial collateral human shields whose sole purpose is to indicate just how much of an idiot the MC is....

Then to top it off, the only true hero, and IMHO the true MC of this show (read Girge), doesn't show up until midway through the show and gets his brains blown out two episodes before the end of the series.... Are you fricking kidding me?!?!?

Seriously if it hadn't been for Girge and the mecha in this show, I probably would have dropped this to a 5 or 4. Was thinking of starting the manga when this initially was announced, but now I don't think I'll even bother..

Read the manga. Much better than this. This was another bad adaption of the story that shouldn't been made if they were going to follow the films ending again.
Jun 29, 2014 5:10 PM
Jun 2014
Much better if i hear Rygart scream in the end of battle in Borcuse ( I have done it Girge!!!) killing Borcuse cuz death of Girge
Jun 29, 2014 10:59 PM

Dec 2012
anime2013 said:
Much better if i hear Rygart scream in the end of battle in Borcuse ( I have done it Girge!!!) killing Borcuse cuz death of Girge

yeah.. there was nothing that the creator of this anime did to really strike a sense of inspiration or well.. anything in the viewers. it all feels like it's being saved for later, but will later ever happen? Are they just going the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha route, without even being as good at it?

I felt a lot of potential that was never clutched by the director. 5/10 for now
Jun 30, 2014 2:35 AM

Nov 2010
Bloody finale, sadly most of the stuff were just the same as the OVA
Rygartz the little brother showing up at the end made things light again
Jun 30, 2014 4:36 AM

Mar 2014
Does this episode add anything from the movies that is new?
Jun 30, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
the manga is much better

Jul 2, 2014 10:08 PM

Nov 2012
Loved it.
Jul 3, 2014 5:41 PM

Feb 2014
I didn't read the manga nor watch the movies but I liked this and I'm in for a sequel, whenever they make it. Too bad the fansubs were kinda lacking for this series, by the way someone should add Fafnyr to the list.
Jul 3, 2014 8:00 PM
May 2014
Guess I'm never going to hear Rygart's evil laugh or see his BA blade combos in anime form.
Jul 4, 2014 5:56 AM

Jun 2007
CNagy said:
In the manga, Rygart just up and starts fighting like Girge and then wins the day? How exactly does that make sense?

The reason the whole 'Girge kicking' part was so important was less because it was a natural way to win and more because it highlighted growth for Rygart as a character. He learned from someone better than him then used what he learned to win. Girge was so perfect he could only pull it off without breaking his golem's legs through precision... where as Rygart's robot is like a tank and could kick without the same level of skill required. No-one else fought like Girge and no-one else but Rygart piloted an ancient robot.

In the movies/recap, Rygart doesn't learn anything and instead relies on brute force. And even then, he has to luck out. That's a big difference. No growth = DISLIKE CHARACTER.

...Anyway, the series was an absolute waste of time. Only those ignorant of the movies got anything out of it. No hope for a sequel, either. If that was the case, they would've just continued the movies. THIS WAS THE SAME AS THE MOVIES!
Jul 4, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
AironicallyHuman said:
The reason the whole 'Girge kicking' part was so important was less because it was a natural way to win and more because it highlighted growth for Rygart as a character. He learned from someone better than him then used what he learned to win. Girge was so perfect he could only pull it off without breaking his golem's legs through precision... where as Rygart's robot is like a tank and could kick without the same level of skill required. No-one else fought like Girge and no-one else but Rygart piloted an ancient robot.

In the movies/recap, Rygart doesn't learn anything and instead relies on brute force. And even then, he has to luck out. That's a big difference. No growth = DISLIKE CHARACTER.

This just may be a personal distinction, but Rygart fought Girge twice, and it's not like he was practicing Girge's tactics and techniques at *any* time since he latches onto the idea in desperation in the middle of a fight. There is no way he learned from Girge; he was using a cheap imitation made possible by his sturdier mech made for close combat. Which is fine for certain opponents, but it's asking a bit much against someone like Borcuse who is a monster and who also fought Girge. I don't consider that growth because it literally pops up at the end and has no precursor.

Now, to an extent, one can say the same thing about the anime. Rather than manga-Rygart's apparent ability to copy a move, anime-Rygart adapts really quickly. It's probably a bit much for him to figure out how to essentially fight in midair, but it's also a combat situation that literally no one has any experience in which is why it has the potential to level the playing field between someone who is a career combat veteran and master of his mech and someone who has had training but has only been in combat for a short while.

There is nothing wrong with "luck" in fighting. The ankle didn't break out of nowhere; Rygart tried to rip that leg clean off of Borcuse earlier in the fight. At the time, it seemed like a wasted effort. It turned out to be enough damage that eventually the ankle gave in to the stress. It did so at an opportune time (because this is a story, and things like that are the staple of stories). But even if it had broken while he wasn't being attacked, it would have helped justify Rygart's triumph over a vastly stronger opponent.
Jul 4, 2014 5:08 PM

Aug 2013
I liked the anime Break Blade, although I think the end of this arc was the best in the best manga, Rygart showed more coolness to kill Borcuse
the anime was very faithful to the films, except the part where Girge fight before being killed
the manga is far superior to films and anime, but I recommend seeing at least one of the two, like very much of the plot of the story
I hope that later on has a sequel, particularly because I really like the story
Jul 5, 2014 1:08 AM

Jul 2011
What's the sense in making a tv series which is just like the movies?
Jul 10, 2014 7:24 AM

Aug 2011
Didn't read the manga nor watched the movies... Maybe I should have because there are things I didn't really understand :o
But I guess it was still fine, I really liked Girge, I wish we knew more about him!
Jul 17, 2014 1:53 AM
May 2012
fck they should show the ending where he ends up with sigyn
Ezsence
Jul 21, 2014 8:12 AM

Oct 2009
Looks like Rygart's resolve to fight has become stronger but his way of fighting is still as reckless as ever. Not sure if it's completely Rygart's win cos it seems that Borcruse surrendered in a subtle manner.

So Borcruse died...no wonder his daughter's violin strings snapped while she was playing it in the OP.

Narvi's army was quite fun to watch, esp Nile.

Ending was pretty..meh. Rygart laughing was awkward to watch. And the part aft the ED...I know your name alr you idiot! -.-
Aug 2, 2014 10:23 AM

Oct 2007
johnL21 said:
fck they should show the ending where he ends up with sigyn
That would require them to remake the Anime for the second time. The reason of this remake was to get it back on track with the manga(with the possibility of second season?). So it did its job if not better.

Vongole said:
Looks like Rygart's resolve to fight has become stronger but his way of fighting is still as reckless as ever. Not sure if it's completely Rygart's win cos it seems that Borcruse surrendered in a subtle manner.

So Borcruse died...no wonder his daughter's violin strings snapped while she was playing it in the OP.

Narvi's army was quite fun to watch, esp Nile.

Ending was pretty..meh. Rygart laughing was awkward to watch. And the part aft the ED...I know your name alr you idiot! -.-
Borcuse lost the fight whether how you think it was fair or not because his mecha lost a leg and an arm which is pretty much rendered him the ability to retreat in the middle of the enemy base lets alone to fight them.
The reason Rygat laughing was awkward is because the entire time he was thinking his brother was dead and Girge's death was also triggered from this. He might be just realized that he made Girge died for nothing.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 7, 2014 4:44 AM

Oct 2009
^

Yeah, it was clearly Rygart's win when Borcuse's mecha lost his footing and his arm was torn apart by Rygart's shuriken. Even tho Borcuse knew he alr lost, he still didn't let up and shot from his handgun even tho he knew it's totally futile.

Yeah I was quick to assume that Rygart's seiyuu didn't know how to laugh convincingly cos he couldn't cry convincingly in Gundam lol.

I alr mentioned this before but I love the foreshadow of Lena's violin strings snapping in the OP.
Jan 15, 2016 2:30 AM

Jul 2013
so all this time Zess was at Athens chilling with his family.

Great ending! The plot was so complex and it was kinda all over the place at first but it all came to a very conclusive ending! The soundtracks were awesome and the voice acting as well. The animation was so fluid and the art so detailed. And there were no plotholes at all. None!. Everything was explained at the end and it all made sense! The whole series was nothing but a fun and action-packed thrilling adventure! This is a masterpiece right here.. *proceeds to laugh like Rygarts cringey laugh in the end and cries*
Sep 25, 2016 2:41 PM
Mar 2016
7/10. it was good. time to watch the movies!!
Jan 3, 2017 9:50 PM

Sep 2011
The last 3 episodes absolutely killed this series for me. It felt absurdly rushed and we got absolutely no answers to the most pressing issues. The final battle was so poorly paced that it just felt like another battle where the enemy steamrolls then the hero comes in and saves the day in his magical flying McGuffin. There was no tension and there were constant lapses in continuity. Towards the end we are treated with this confusing as fuck character who is completely OP, acts like an asshole for no explainable reason, then completely steals the spotlight in a mind-blowing fight (both good and bad), then rolls over and dies. Finally we have his brother just walking up out of nowhere, and we get to see his wobbly, misshapen, poorly animated body walking into the sunset afterwards.

I really did like what this series was trying to go for. Everyone outside of Arrow McFly was shallow, but really interesting. The side characters were traditional military Yes Sirs, but they were all human. We even had the cliche that was Mr Prideful yet we see him playing with the kids with such sincerity. We also have an extremely strong and intellectual female lead, and that is extraordinarily refreshing. She still suffers a bit in the romance section, but I have a strong feeling this is due to the butchering of scenes and a lack of resolution to the overall story. To top off the character ice cream we have the cherry that is the 12 year old who looks like a 17 year old with a 24 year old's bust. Just because.

The animation wasn't terrible to look at which is quite often an issue with fast moving series. There were numerous flaws when it came to the animation of the characters, but the mech battles were animated fairly. There were multiple instances of disfigurement and proportion stretching, but I never felt like it was completely detrimental. The series earns some major brownie points for showing the more gore-filled scenes.

This series gave me a lot to love, but by the end there was so much to hate. While I haven't read the source I feel like this adaptation did a real disservice. It's disappointing we likely won't get a second season because this series needs it in order to redeem itself and at least give some closure to the bigger questions.
Mar 3, 2017 2:38 AM

Apr 2014
PrimeX said:
I don't get your post tbh, can't you see he got a broken leg? Do you expect him to be at the battlefield like that?
Mar 3, 2017 3:25 AM

Jul 2013
tr1ckst3r said:
PrimeX said:
I don't get your post tbh, can't you see he got a broken leg? Do you expect him to be at the battlefield like that?
What I don't get is you quoting my message from over a year ago. I've forgotten almost everything about this anime mostly because it's been relatively a long time and this is also average at best and easily forgettable. If you disagree with what I've said then ok.
May 1, 2017 8:40 AM

Apr 2011
I wasn't gonna bother finishing this since I've watched the OVA. Theres' not much of a difference from the TV, but it still good to watch. Still got me wanting for more until the last episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Break Blade vs Movie. whats better?

TheNoseOfDeath - Jun 22, 2014

22 by quercifolia »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

37 by dexter247 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

28 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

48 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:35 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

20 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.