Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2009 12:09 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked this episode to a certain point... It was all bubbly and happy, until Miyanaga-san had to blew it up into little pieces.
Aug 16, 2009 12:18 PM
May 2008
*gasp* Espada... I mean elite society of Mahjong players hidden away from the world.

In all seriousness this was a cute episode that I rather enjoyed... mostly it was a nice break of constant Mahjong matches.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 16, 2009 12:27 PM

Sep 2008
I loved when Koromo latched onto Jun's arm. <3
A part of me also liked how they kept with the same swimsuits as shown in the ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2009 12:42 PM

Dec 2007
HawthorneKitty said:

That part was completely and utterly cute! I almost squealed when I saw that! Plus... Koromo has always been cute... Looking like a bunny.
Aug 16, 2009 1:52 PM

Jan 2009
Teru is so evil looking. :V
IaMP with me.
Aug 16, 2009 2:12 PM

Nov 2008
Ah, only five more eps? Hope they will still cover the nationals..
And, the obligatory bathing suit episode is here! ..
Aug 16, 2009 2:23 PM
Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

loved that part. I also liked how Nodoka had a penguin beach ball

Aug 16, 2009 2:32 PM

Jan 2007
omg, i was wondering what type of character Teru would be and they went with that type.

and it looks like we have a recap next time.
Aug 16, 2009 3:38 PM

Sep 2008
looks like "one-chan" is not so cute as saki remembers
HawthorneKitty said:
A part of me also liked how they kept with the same swimsuits as shown in the ending.

^^agree
i supose they are going to use the 5 remeining chapters in the individuals and an ending so that they can finish this in a second season, i hope so
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 16, 2009 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
Brings up the question "what happened between Saki and her sister."
Aug 16, 2009 4:33 PM

Feb 2008
How are we supposted to know what happend between them? If the manga chapters of that one doesn't have been released yet.
I don't think Saki know anything about that, probably something with the familiar situation or something.
It could also happening something in the high school that's why she act like that, oh man there is so a lot of opionens or likely I said above familiar situation like if you play for us then it would not happening anything to your sister

This is just my thought, btw anyone know anything about there going to be a season 2?
BlackbirdAug 16, 2009 7:33 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 16, 2009 5:07 PM

May 2008
laserjay151 said:
Brings up the question "what happened between Saki and her sister."
yeah what did happen?
Aug 16, 2009 6:33 PM

May 2008
Looks like the majong returns next episode, yay individuals , Hope to see some challenge

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 16, 2009 7:38 PM

Apr 2008
rawrs ... man this is exciting .. more mahjong action xD

Aug 16, 2009 7:58 PM

Jul 2008
so we get a break b4 more mj eh?
wonder how will it go in the nats
Aug 16, 2009 9:00 PM

Aug 2008
Well, since there really isn't a need for Saki or her teammates to win the individuals, it's probably going to go over to somebody else.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2009 12:21 AM

Oct 2008
good episode ;] koromo madness :>
Got a feeling some hard drama is going to come up when saki meets her sister

paskyxAug 17, 2009 12:25 AM
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Aug 17, 2009 6:22 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was highly entertaining on its own way! *nod nods*

I guess Hisa will face off with Mihoko again basing from this episode's preview.
Wow! I'm super excited to see the outcome! But I think it's Mihoko who will win this time so it will give her, her last dance together with Hisa as they're both 3rd year students. Well... what I said there was just an agreement to what CkretAznMan said above. That's also just a guess looking through the eyes of a very determined Captain as I saw it in the preview.
Guess what will happen next? ( '_' )?

Also, Koromo was really cute when she clung on Jun. She was like a very cute animal there! <3 And Hajime is a perfect partner for Touka since she could handle things for her impatient and loud ojou-sama. XD Hajime was just calm and cool there in talking to the waiter. XD

I hope after the individuals finished, all the teams will have a nice bonding.

Now the next episode is one of my most anticipated one aside from the nationals (which won't likely happen now) Of course this series should follow up with a second season since the nationals wouldn't fit at all... perhaps...

By the way, I wonder who will be giving a remembrance to someone since the next episode's title is "Remembrance" Will someone bid farewells to a particular person as to giving a remembrance and all? I hope not though. ^_^'
Aug 17, 2009 9:44 AM

Sep 2008
Koromo's moelicious episode +fanservice~
Aug 17, 2009 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
how much time do they plan on taking on the final? only five eps left. and they still gotta do individual tournament.
Aug 17, 2009 10:34 AM

Aug 2007
Whatever Saki and Teru got into a fight over, it better be something serious, as not only did Teru refuse to talk to Saki when she visited, but now she's utterly denying any blood relation with her. It could also explain why flashback Teru and present time Teru seem so different in personality. (Until then, I will classify Teru as a Kuudere.)

Either way... Why was the person at the table near the end of the episode not Teru? Is Teru playing as vice-captain (and therefore actually going against Nodoka)? Was it an error? Was Teru so fustrated at the lack of strong opponents that she had her team's subsitute play for her? Was the match Kyoutaro watching during class actually the semis and the match we saw the end of actually the finals, which ended before Teru had a chance to play?
Aug 17, 2009 10:48 AM
Jun 2008
They said that Teru started it with a giant lead, (could still be Captain) and the blonde girl finished it off.
Aug 17, 2009 2:21 PM

Oct 2007
Shiraitodia looks so badass and serious compare to the teams that we have seen so far. The way see Teru at the end we might have some kind of idea what kind of battle Saki is going to face. "'Beats my sister up and bring her back" I guess.

As for the next ep, like many above have said and done, I can't wait to see those individual game and specially the one with Hisa and Mihoko.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 17, 2009 4:08 PM
Oct 2007
So I'm guessing there's going to be a 2nd season, since the remaining episodes will probably determine the winner from the individuals tournament. Is it only 1 winner from the individuals going to the nationals? If so, I'm guessing either Mihoko or Touka will make it, more likely Mihoko though.

I'm actually kinda surprise they showed Teru in this episode. I was thinking we wouldn't see her till the last 1-2 episodes. Although somewhat an unfitting episode to introduce her imo given that it was ultra seriousness versus ultra fluff, it was a nice addition to keep viewers interested. And next, more mahjong goodness is always good.
Aug 17, 2009 6:43 PM

Oct 2008
So is Kyoutaro going to play mahjong at all? He's the only guy around, ever. So will he be the only guy playing against all those girls? Or did he just join the club to see Nodoka's boobs? If so, he got a pretty good eyeful of cleavage this episode; mission accomplished.
Aug 18, 2009 12:13 AM

Dec 2007
Filler episode is filler.
Shit episode is shit.
Aug 18, 2009 10:12 AM

Jul 2008
wasnt this much fanservice, but still a good ep imo.

Aug 18, 2009 10:51 AM

Nov 2007
Nice episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 19, 2009 8:41 AM

Sep 2007
Greggo said:
Filler episode is filler.
Shit episode is shit.

Loved that...
It's not a filler episode now...
Because all the manga stuff has been aired... <_<
So now, until the manga take a different path, the only thing we see is the "real" stuff.
Good episode... And loved the music when we saw Saki sister. O_o
Aug 19, 2009 9:51 PM

Feb 2008
It only will be fillers in the series if it does changed from the manga, but it seem like it follow quite nice.
Maybe we see season 2 in next year 2010, that would be best since they have to prepared or even better earlier.
I think they will hurry up with individuals tournament and not take everything in details.
I guess somehow ep 24-25 will see her sister Teru around in Tokyo but probably got ignore again and refused to talk to her, then Saki got desperated. Oh well there is so many think that can be happening.
Only a few days to sunday so can't wait to see it.
BlackbirdAug 19, 2009 9:57 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 19, 2009 10:01 PM

Jul 2008
It looked like next week will be a recap or something. Since the episode is called "Looking Back."
Aug 20, 2009 8:04 AM
Feb 2009
aly_angelflight said:
Why was the person at the table near the end of the episode not Teru?
the MC did said "it's the start of final" right? so teru is the first among five. but it doesn't mean the arrangement of player can't be changed...-.-" best example will be kana.

Blackbird said:
The way see Teru at the end we might have some kind of idea what kind of battle Saki is going to face. "'Beats my sister up and bring her back" I guess.
=o=... that will be epic... but oh well...

CkretAznMan said:
Well, since there really isn't a need for Saki or her teammates to win the individuals, it's probably going to go over to somebody else.
i hope that too, but i dont see how they can win with saki and nodoka play along...
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 20, 2009 4:47 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was a bit too fan service for me. But still, I really liked this episode. :D It was fun to watch.
Aug 20, 2009 6:44 PM

Feb 2009
Firiel-chan said:
HawthorneKitty said:

That part was completely and utterly cute! I almost squealed when I saw that! Plus... Koromo has always been cute... Looking like a bunny.

I squealed and I'm a guy.
Aug 20, 2009 6:57 PM

Aug 2009
ZetaZeta said:
Firiel-chan said:
HawthorneKitty said:

I squealed and I'm a guy.

Tht was a funny scene.

I didn't really like this episode because of the fact that it was too obvious.. As if they needed to show everyones swimsuit so the watchers continue watching..
[right]

Aug 20, 2009 10:05 PM

Dec 2008
Swimsuit episode. There is some development though. I want to see the national tournament.
Aug 20, 2009 10:32 PM

Nov 2007
Teru denies Saki's existence? I wanna see how Saki would beat the pantyhose outta Teru!

Aug 21, 2009 9:19 AM

Mar 2009
yeah! koromo was so cute!
Aug 22, 2009 4:51 PM

Jul 2008
Ryuukishi said:
Teru denies Saki's existence? I wanna see how Saki would beat the pantyhose outta Teru!

Right now I think that Saki would get utterly destroyed by Teru. In this kind of story Saki will need to get crushed first to realise that she is not strong enough to stand against Teru then find a way to reach this level and to finally defeat Teru on an epic fight.

Seriously I don't mind at all the anime diverging from the manga since they reached the material because first the manga is monthly so to wait for it to cover the nationnal would be like asking to make the second season in 2011-2012, secondly I beleive that they can do fine without main material, this don't have a complex plot so it shouldn't be bad if it diverge from the manga, just different (as long as they don't forget the mahjong part of it) and the mangaka may even have told the studio how he planned to do the rest of it.
Anyway I want a season 2 soon.
Aug 23, 2009 7:23 AM

Feb 2008
Do you have read the mang a maxime?
What about the anime released earlier then 2011-2012?

Aug 23, 2009 9:06 AM

Jul 2008
Blackbird said:
Do you have read the mang a maxime?
What about the anime released earlier then 2011-2012?

If it is original material (not taken from manga) they can release it whenever they want but if they do wait for the manga to cover the national and that we suppose that it won't be shorter than the the last tournament then it's a safe bet to say that it won't come before 2011, remember that there's only 12 chapter a year, that's little material when we know the last tournament took around 20 chapter we can expect almost 2 year if that's not more for them to cover the needed part to do an anime adaptation.
The lattest chapter is when Saki play her last hand against Koromo I think.
Aug 29, 2009 2:12 AM

Nov 2007
Koromo :3! lol I want a penguin beach ball xD
Aug 29, 2009 4:43 AM

May 2009
I think Saki is NOT going to enjoy seeing her sister again after such a long time. The latter pretty much denies her sister's existence and I think Saki would need heck of a lot of support from her friends (and probably Nodoka the most) when she gets her high hopes crushed.

Also, Saki can't swim? I didn't see THAT coming.
Aug 30, 2009 1:16 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Holy shit, nice intro.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 7, 2009 7:58 PM

Feb 2008
AO968 said:

Also, Saki can't swim? I didn't see THAT coming.

Seriously?
I completely saw it coming.

~~

I thought the episode was nice, overall. Then again, I don't mind filler episodes. I think a lot of them are cute for the shorter anime.
Anime figure reviews:
Sep 12, 2009 5:34 PM

Jul 2008
so some fanservice and preparing for the end
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 21, 2009 12:42 AM

May 2008
*gasp* Espada... I mean elite society of Mahjong players hidden away from the world.

In all seriousness this was a cute episode that I rather enjoyed... mostly it was a nice break of constant Mahjong matches.
Oct 4, 2009 8:46 PM

Dec 2007
I am more interested in what happened between Saki and Teru. Koromo is so moe as always. It was enjoyable episode.
Apr 21, 2014 2:10 PM

May 2012
A pretty lovely pool episode with some cute flashbacks and some nice service as well :3 Let's see what's next!
Dec 7, 2014 8:59 PM

Mar 2014
Wat..er..Me..lon.. ~ !!
Vacation at the Sports land Ryummon ~ !!
Tokyo indelible family outing ~ !!
Preparations for the upcoming Individuals and then national tournaments ~ !!
Pretty Good Episode !!! The Sisters' rivalries unfolded ~ !!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

2 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

starrysky - Sep 27, 2009

125 by KenZync »»
Jan 8, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Plate - Apr 19, 2009

72 by Losthevy »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Saki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Plate - Apr 5, 2009

155 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:02 AM

» Is this interesting enough for me???

Sylpheed - Jun 30, 2009

4 by removed-user »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.