Forum Settings
Forums

Anime/Manga Stats Bug (Ghost Entries)

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 27, 2011 11:26 PM

May 2008
I'll try to find an easier way to fix this problem... might have to wait until tomorrow though since it's late for me. Try kuro's fix again, or hang on while longer while I work some magic.
sakaMar 28, 2011 2:23 AM

I am a banana.
Mar 28, 2011 3:09 AM

Feb 2008
IcelandDesuYo said:
Ok i'm trying to get rid of the ghost anime entry on mine, and i'm using Opera 11.1, so the instructions are not helping, since when it says to right click view. there is no view option. can I have some help ?
It's Source, not View Source ^^

Sorry, Opera must've changed that recently and I never noticed. But I still suggest waiting for saka to finish. If I know him right, he'll make it completely solid and very easy. Don't let me down!
Mar 28, 2011 3:33 AM

May 2008
Okay, new plan! This only works for anime for now.

Open up the Edit Anime page:
http://myanimelist.net/editlist.php?type=anime

...and then paste this into your browser address bar (then press enter key):
javascript:var untitled = $('td.borderClass > strong:empty:first'); if(untitled && untitled.length > 0) { var match = untitled.next('a').attr('href').match(/^\/anime\/([0-9]+)$/); var ghostID = match[1]; var seriesID = untitled.parent().prev('td').children('a').attr('href').match(/^\?type=anime\&id=([0-9]+)$/)[1]; if( confirm('Are you sure you want to delete the the series with id ' + ghostID + '?') ) { $.post('http://myanimelist.net/editlist.php?type=anime&id=' + seriesID, { series_id: seriesID, series_title: ghostID, anime_db_series_id: ghostID, submitIt: 3 }, function(data) { alert("Entry removed. Sorry for the trouble."); location.reload(true); }); } } else alert('Could not find any ghost entries.');

I am a banana.
Mar 28, 2011 4:07 AM

Feb 2008
Solid. I tried to break it, didn't manage to, even with multiple ghost entries.
Mar 28, 2011 2:02 PM

Oct 2010
Thank you saka, it worked perfectly. now i'm just waiting for the stats to update =)

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Mar 28, 2011 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
Protip: Stats won't update unless you move something from one section to another, i.e. it's triggered by that and not updated periodically. So move something from watching to on-hold and then back and they should update within a minute.
Mar 28, 2011 2:09 PM

Oct 2010
It updated just fine, thank you so much everyone :)

Nov 3, 2011 9:15 AM

May 2010
I have small problem with part of my anime list. Two anime which I have on my list was apparently deleted from DB and now I have two empty entries. On my profile I see in Anime Stats Plan to Watch 58 entries but when I open my anime list I see 56 entries in tabele.

Thanks for any help :)

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Nov 4, 2011 11:41 PM
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Sep 2008
Try this solution (second post) :)
(not sure if it's still working)
Nov 5, 2011 11:44 AM

May 2008
go here and see if you have an entry that is just a question mark (?):

If you do, then go here and click the "copy to clipboard" link at the top to get my fix script:
http://pastebin.com/mRrWK62p
...then head back to the same tab you have page with the question mark entry (or entries), paste the script into the address bar, and press enter.

If you do it correctly, it should remove each of the entries and then refresh the page.... if you have trouble then ask. If you're using Chrome, newer versions will remove the "javascript:" from the beginning when you try to paste it into the address bar, so you may have to add it back in at the front to have it actually run. I tested in current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and IE.... and it seemed to work well enough.

-----------------------------------------

For some reason, the code no longer works in Firefox 11 or 12. It does still work in Chrome, although you have to be careful to add the 'javascript:' back in at the front since Chrome removes it (for security reasons) when you paste.
LunaNov 27, 2012 9:38 AM

I am a banana.
Nov 6, 2011 5:28 AM

May 2010
Thanks everyone for help :) saka's solution was simple and fast. It took several seconds to done and correct this empty entries. ;D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Nov 6, 2011 10:33 PM

May 2008
I merged the other topic, with an updated script fix for anime.

I am a banana.
Jan 29, 2012 6:54 AM
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Sep 2008
Today I wanted to delete manga ghost entries but since the structure of editing anime and editing manga is quite different, the script didn't work. So I modified the script and successfully removed the ghost entries. If anyone else needs it, I uploaded it here:
http://pastebin.com/pZXUGcce

It works the same as the script three posts above, but of course on the edit manga page:
http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=editmanga

For some reason, the code no longer works in Firefox 11 or 12. It does still work in Chrome, although you have to be careful to add the 'javascript:' back in at the front since Chrome removes it (for security reasons) when you paste.
LunaNov 27, 2012 9:39 AM
Feb 6, 2012 7:24 PM
Oct 2011
Hmm. I went to try this method to see if I had ghost entries on my list, but that's not the case. For some reason my list is reading that I've seen something around the lines of 14,636 episodes for my completed, but that's not the case as I added them up and got 3252 episodes....

I went to the edit areas and there is not a single ghost entry, and everything seems perfectly fine... ._.

I want to fix this to keep track of how much of my life I waste watching Anime <3 But I can't D:
Feb 6, 2012 11:44 PM
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Sep 2008
SeanOnOsu said:
I want to fix this to keep track of how much of my life I waste watching Anime <3 But I can't D:

It's the same problem as this one. In your case you've set this 255 times read for the entries "Clannad" and "Clannad After Story". 47 episodes * 255 = 11985 more episodes which show up at the bottom of your list. Just change the number to a normal value :)
Feb 19, 2012 5:01 PM
Oct 2011
Luna_ said:
It's the same problem as this one. In your case you've set this 255 times read for the entries "Clannad" and "Clannad After Story". 47 episodes * 255 = 11985 more episodes which show up at the bottom of your list. Just change the number to a normal value :)

I love you. <3 I alos love your sig. :D Thank you for the help!
May 10, 2012 1:54 PM
Jun 2008
saka said:

If you do, then go here and click the "copy to clipboard" link at the top to get my fix script:
...then head back to the same tab you have page with the question mark entry (or entries), paste the script into the address bar, and press enter.

If you do it correctly, it should remove each of the entries and then refresh the page.... if you have trouble then ask. If you're using Chrome, newer versions will remove the "javascript:" from the beginning when you try to paste it into the address bar, so you may have to add it back in at the front to have it actually run. I tested in current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and IE.... and it seemed to work well enough.

I tried this on Firefox and it does not work.
May 10, 2012 9:42 PM

May 2008

I'll find an all-browser solution when I have some time.

I am a banana.
May 11, 2012 2:54 PM
Jun 2008
saka said:

I'll find an all-browser solution when I have some time.

Thanks so much, that was perfect! It works now.
Apr 16, 2013 6:09 AM
Oct 2011
I finally did it, thanks so much.
Jun 24, 2013 6:06 AM
Nov 2012
Thanks a lot! I did it! At last.
Jul 10, 2013 7:56 AM

Oct 2010
So I have 8 ghost entries in my anime section, and I've tried all of the codes in IE, and Chrome, none of them worked for me.

Jul 10, 2013 8:06 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
saka said:
Did you do this?

Join MAL's Mod Team!γ€€βœ§γ€€
Guidelines & FAQγ€€βœ§γ€€

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~γ€€βœ§γ€€
Jul 10, 2013 11:16 AM

Oct 2010
Thank you that fixed it. I wasn't understanding what it meant before to add the javascript. I got it all fixed now, thank you.

Jul 10, 2013 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
For anyone else who encounters this problem... also make sure to remove what I quoted from the end of the pasted javascript code. For some reason, MAL adds this to the end of any pasted text I copy from MAL.

The code did not work for me until I removed the quoted above, despite putting in the "javascript:" part at the front of the code after I pasted it into the browser address bar.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 26, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
Doesn't work for me.
I used Chrome and added javascript: back in front.
It looks like it works:

But it's still there, no matter how often I retry. I also checked for excess text as mentioned in the previous post, but nothing.
Jul 26, 2013 12:38 PM
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Sep 2008
@TDVoid: What's the ID of the ghost entry? (Hover over the "Edit" or "?" and you will see the ID)

Edit:
Seems it has the ID 0. I still don't know how you can get a ghost entry with the ID 0 but unfortunately it's impossible at the moment to remove this from your list. Here is another thread about this specific problem.
LunaJul 26, 2013 12:45 PM
Jan 31, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2012
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong iv followed it step.by step but I have no idea what to do.
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Feb 22, 2014 3:47 PM
Jan 2011
I've got this problem and it wont go away, I'm using firefox

EDIT: seems i got it to work now.
Rhys2753Feb 26, 2014 11:55 AM
Mar 15, 2014 6:18 PM

Oct 2012
saka said:

I tried that, but now, I can't access it on my iPod. (I'm using a laptop to type this.)
Mar 24, 2014 6:07 PM
Nov 2008
i seem to have encountered this bug as well. the javascript script didn't work (pasting into the url bar of both firefox and chrome didn't work, nothing happened), and neither did using opera (the browser doesn't work the same anymore).

how odd. it's just the one entry, but it's probably the one screwing up my profile's 'anime stats.'
no-thanksMar 24, 2014 6:14 PM
Apr 9, 2014 12:47 AM

Apr 2009
Hm, 4 months ago the script to kill ghost manga entries worked for me, but now when I have this problem yet again the script doesn't work for me any more =(.
Are there any other ways to fix the problem?
Apr 20, 2014 11:30 PM
Jun 2011
Doesn't work for me. Are there any other ways to fix the problem?
May 11, 2014 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
Luna_ said:
Today I wanted to delete manga ghost entries but since the structure of editing anime and editing manga is quite different, the script didn't work. So I modified the script and successfully removed the ghost entries. If anyone else needs it, I uploaded it here:
http://pastebin.com/pZXUGcce

It works the same as the script three posts above, but of course on the edit manga page:
http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=editmanga

Thanks so much, this method worked perfectly.
May 11, 2014 12:43 AM
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Sep 2008
For everyone who said the script doesn't work, did you do this?

Luna_ said:

After pasting the script into the address bar in Chrome, the javascript: gets removed automatically for security reasons, so right after pasting you need to add this back to the beginning before you press enter.
May 18, 2014 1:04 AM

Aug 2012

Ghost anime entries on Firefox: Make a new bookmark and paste this as the url. Go here and click on your new bookmark to remove them.

This works with ghost manga entries as well. Just use the manga script a few posts up.
BrownSlushMay 18, 2014 1:15 AM
May 23, 2014 8:28 AM

Apr 2009
Luna_ said:

Luna_ said:

After pasting the script into the address bar in Chrome, the javascript: gets removed automatically for security reasons, so right after pasting you need to add this back to the beginning before you press enter.

After more attempts I was able to pull the whole thing off with Chrome. Apparently my problem was not with 'javascript:' word disappearing, I was trying to add the whole script after the http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=editmanga address in the address bar, while I should have pasted it on top of/instead of the said address.
May 26, 2014 2:33 AM
Jun 2011
BrownSlush said:

Ghost anime entries on Firefox: Make a new bookmark and paste this as the url. Go here and click on your new bookmark to remove them.

This works with ghost manga entries as well. Just use the manga script a few posts up.

Thanks
May 26, 2014 7:34 AM
Sep 2008
Klimat said:
Luna_ said:

Luna_ said:

After more attempts I was able to pull the whole thing off with Chrome. Apparently my problem was not with 'javascript:' word disappearing, I was trying to add the whole script after the http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=editmanga address in the address bar, while I should have pasted it on top of/instead of the said address.

How long does the removal operation take? When I pasted the address the word "Removing..." appeared, but after 30 minutes nothing else happened and the ghost entries remain as they were before. I tried this on IE and Chrome.
May 26, 2014 9:58 AM

Apr 2009
pallokala said:
How long does the removal operation take? When I pasted the address the word "Removing..." appeared, but after 30 minutes nothing else happened and the ghost entries remain as they were before. I tried this on IE and Chrome.

For me it took a couple of seconds to delete ghost entries from the manga list itself, also around 30 minutes for stats in the profile to update as well.
May 26, 2014 12:58 PM
Nov 2008
i'll have to give this another go, as i think it is screwing with how many entries i have listed. it hit 420 and hasn't changed at all, my actual list lists 418.

[edit]

used the script, seems to have worked this time around. no more (?) entries, so i guess i now just have to wait to see if my stats fix themselves?
no-thanksMay 26, 2014 3:46 PM
Aug 30, 2014 11:09 AM

Feb 2012
This stuff doesnt work for me, I have 1 ghost entry in my manga list, and when I did the javascript stuff, it blocked my access to MAL, had to reset my IP. :(

Guess I should just leave that one entry alone. :/

EDIT: Fixed it not, it was a fail on my part, thx for this, that one ghost entry was really pissing me off. :D
RamkecAug 30, 2014 11:33 AM
Aug 30, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
My IP address is also banned now.

myanimelist.net -

Access Denied
Error code 14

Request was blocked by the security rules

Now what do I do?

EDIT: Ah I can access it all again but the fix didn't work unless its taking a while to update.

EDIT2 Nope now its randomly banning me on firefox but not on chrome...

Edit3 Had to get a new IP address. Really not impressed with all this.
greeboAug 30, 2014 2:06 PM
Sep 1, 2014 3:01 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Our lovely userscript whizkid, svaax, has whipped up a userscript to help you remove ghost entries.

Why do I get ghost entries?
Ghost entries appear when you add an anime/manga to your list that is still in the queue and a moderator denies this entry. You can usually tell if an entry is still in the queue based on how complete the information is and whether or not it appears on the "Just Added" pages: anime, manga.

Installing the script:
1. Make sure you have Greasemonkey for Firefox or Chrome.
2. Go here and click "Install".

How does it work?
1. [Image] If you have ghost entries, then a "Remove Ghost Entries" link will appear at the top of the Edit Anime or Edit Manga pages.
2. [Image] Clicking the link will remove the entries from your list and text will appear indicating that it works.
3. [Image] When you have no ghost entries, you will receive a pop-up stating such. To prevent the pop-up from appearing, disable or uninstall the script in Greasemonkey.

Feel free to thank svaax on his profile for the script :)

Join MAL's Mod Team!γ€€βœ§γ€€
Guidelines & FAQγ€€βœ§γ€€

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~γ€€βœ§γ€€
Dec 25, 2014 5:27 PM
Jun 2013
I used the information Kineta posted and it worked.

Thank you for the post Kineta and keep up the good work. :)
Jan 4, 2015 6:06 AM

Jun 2011
@Kineta,
Thank you very much, for sharing the script & the steps.
Very helpful.
Jan 13, 2015 1:02 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
So my anime stats says completed 401 but my list says 400, but when I go check for ghost entries......there aren't any :/

pls halp
Jan 13, 2015 1:27 PM

Nov 2010
Gentaro_Kisaragi said:
So my anime stats says completed 401 but my list says 400, but when I go check for ghost entries......there aren't any :/

pls halp
You're rewatching Kill la Kill. As you're rewatching it(which means you've already completed it) it's still counting in the completed section.
Jan 13, 2015 1:40 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
You're rewatching Kill la Kill. As you're rewatching it(which means you've already completed it) it's still counting in the completed section.

oh fuck I forgot bout that

makes sense, ty

I'm retarded
Jan 27, 2015 7:33 PM

Feb 2010
After two and a half(?) years, I finally managed to get rid of the ghost entries in my list! Yes, I've had ghost entries for that long. Thank you Kineta and svaax! I can now cry with happiness! T^T
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why is this manga still unapproved?

NVMEKIVN - 2 hours ago

0 by NVMEKIVN »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3461 by Harshborana_ »»
3 hours ago

» No data in account

asdf1100 - 7 hours ago

0 by asdf1100 »»
7 hours ago

» Nanatsu no Taizai chapter count

phantom346 - Jun 9

3 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 10:05 AM

» Bots/fake accounts

9765 - Jun 5

10 by 9765 »»
Yesterday, 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.