Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2010 7:54 PM

Sep 2009
I delayed it for as long as possible, but I guess the journey ends now. Thanks, Aria, for many wonderful nights of sleep. Each season improved on the last to become a masterpiece of a final season that I can without a doubt, declare to be one of my favorite shows of all time, and of any medium.

Without any regrets, 10/10.
Jun 6, 2010 6:57 AM

Jun 2009
The expression on Akari's face when she couldn't find Alicia really scared me, it look as if she's going to break, and she broke in tears a bit... The retirement ceremony was great, and Alicia paddle her last gondola...

Akari act all Alicia like and got Ai-chan embarrass was <3

This is a truly amazing series, it is nothing short of a masterpiece.

10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2010 3:15 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. That's all i can say.

Every single episode from all three seasons was so unbelievably calming and peaceful, yet i didn't get bored even once. And that ending... brilliant! Not overly sweet, but just right. Man, i'm floating in the clouds right now.

Jun 23, 2010 7:49 PM

May 2009
Aria is amazing. I will miss Neo-Venezia and all of the incredible Undines. That is all.

;_;
stAtic91Jun 23, 2010 7:53 PM
Jun 26, 2010 12:58 AM

Apr 2009
After more than half a year spent watching Aria in it's entirety, I've finally finished. I've always wanted to know why people find it so... good! I had incredible doubts after watching the first two seasons, as they lacked in nearly every aspect and were terrible to say the least, but this, this is a true masterpiece!! What I watching was so moving and so genuine... I could absolutely feel the emotion and perceive the intricate ties that bind... It was truly a surreal experience. I graciously give Aria the Origination, 10/10.
Jun 27, 2010 11:10 AM

Aug 2008
It took me almost two years to finish the entire series starting from the first season. Actually, I decided not to watch the last season for more than a year after clearing the second. I did that because I don't want this series to end.

Now that I finally cleared this series, I fully understand the reason why this show deserves a high score. I gave this show a perfect score of ten and placed it on my top five list. Possibly, this show is the best one that I have seen in my entire career of watching Japanese animation. No words can explain how great this show is. The story, character development, music, and animation exceeded my expectations extremely well. This is the best show to watch after a tiring day of work and if you want to relax. This also inspires me to live a good life and to work harder. Each episode has its strong points in how to cope up with life's challenges. All the characters are lovable. Overall, the show made a huge impact in my emotional strings. It inspires me, moves my soul, and calms my heart. I rarely see any show that can bring this wonderful feelings to me.

I will miss this show, the entire cast, and people behind this series' production. I can't thank you enough for letting me experience this masterpiece. This show will carve its way to my heart and I will forever remember this show until the last days of my life.

Jul 7, 2010 9:58 PM

Jan 2008
The added value of the 3 Aria series (and the OVA) is proved in my extreem enjoyment rewatching all, years later. Glad to have this in my collection. I know I'll come vist Aqua again.
Jul 16, 2010 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
This conclusion to such an amazing series was done in a wonderful style, grown up Akari with Ai as her Kouhai was awesome ^^, this series was incredible really glad I watched it =D
Jul 20, 2010 1:56 AM

May 2010
i cried during alicia's retirement scene... the way everything was portrayed, coupled with the wonderful music... those few minutes were wonderfully perfect... and undoubtedly the best conclusion this series can come up with

this series was definitely the most relaxing i have ever seen, and perhaps will ever see. the soothing music, the amazing scenery, the wonderful characters that in some way will calm me down no matter how i feel... easily the best i have watched...

thank you aria and neo-venezia for giving me these wonderful memories that i will bring with me for the rest of my life...

without a doubt
10/10

Jul 28, 2010 2:11 AM

Jul 2009
10/10

I am at a lost of words. I never would've thought that I would cry over someone's retirement. It was just so beautiful. This anime is just so beautiful. From its subtle life lessons to its grand touching scenes, I will surely miss this anime. I have taken a lot from this anime that I think will help me in my life. Aquamarine Akari, you are the love of Aria and the center of Aqua.

Edit: Who the hell does Alicia marry anyway? I better not see Akatsuki's brother or hell will be afoot.
KurogashiJul 28, 2010 2:16 AM
Jul 29, 2010 7:22 AM

Jul 2010
10000000000000000000000000000000000000............../1

だがお前ら、恥ずかしい台詞は禁止だ!
zimnoJul 29, 2010 9:07 AM
Aug 2, 2010 4:44 PM
May 2009
10/10 Absolutely Beautiful

No more Aria Life is over. One of my favourites if not favourite anime now.
AquaHazeAug 2, 2010 8:06 PM
Aug 8, 2010 11:03 AM

Apr 2010
So it was obvious from the very beginning that we would see them become primas by the end of the series. However, it's simply beautiful the way it was presented. I'm so glad I put myself through the first two seasons; it really helped me appreciate the last few episodes.
Sep 7, 2010 4:57 AM
Jul 2018
I was not sure whether this was my favorite anime or not, but the last 4 episode convinced me for sure, I have never cried like that after seeing a series end. I'm too touched to say anything else.

And now there is no Akari, Alice or Aika-chan ever again :(

Arigato gozaimasu Kozue Amano!
removed-userSep 7, 2010 5:01 AM
Sep 13, 2010 7:29 PM

Dec 2008
Seems like I'm always the one who ends up being the wet blanket when it comes to stuff like this, but there are some issues with the end of Origination that I just can't get over. Its difficult for me to go along with all the people here who praise Origination and give it 10/10 overall.

The high point for me was Alice's promotion. That was carefully paced and tastefully directed to play the heartstrings with a delicate hand. My heart skipped a beat the moment Athena took hold of Alice's other hand, and I knew that something unexpected was about to happen.

Everything after that didn't quite seem to live up to that potential for me. Why was Aika's promotion handled as a flashback? That episode (11) pretty much amounted to three episodes crammed into one: The first part being about Akira, the second part being Aika's promotion, and the third part being about Alice. Even though Aika is presented as the heir to Himeya in addition to being a prima gondolier and should hypothetically the most prestigious figure of all three girls, the tiny amount of screen time dedicated to her promotion seems to diminish her achievements dramatically in comparison to Alice and Akari.

Why was Akari's exam such a joke? Alice had to go through extremely strenuous formalities giving Athena the full customer experience, and even had to overcome lingering apprehensions and sing a canzone in front of the Gondola Tourism representatives. That's what made watching it so gripping. All Akari did was knock around town paying more attention to her friends than her work, and navigate one narrow canal. The same exact kind of stuff we've watched her do as a Single with Aika and Alice in tow since the first episode of the first season. There wasn't even an intimate bonding moment in the experience like the one at the end of Natural where Alicia dragged her all over town making snowmen without explaining why they were doing it. Episode 7 of the Picture Drama was a little bit deep this way with hints of secret wisdom also. Akari's actual exam was just a routine boat ride in comparison. And choosing the Aria Company house as the final destination? Cute, I get it, but who didn't see that coming? (Same with Ai becoming Akari's apprentice. Saw that coming since season 1 episode 1.)

Lastly, for Pete's sake, why is Alicia retiring from Aria Company all of a sudden? This more than anything else I struggle to comprehend. She is clearly one of the most, if not the single most famous figures in Neo-Venezia. Akari even says Aria Company's bookings are down after Alicia leaves. After perfecting her craft, why would she suddenly want to throw away her oar and hit the lecture circuit? She's still young and capable! It's not clear how long Alicia was a prima before Grandma left, but we do see that Grandma was wrinkled and aging at that time. And Alicia's not a big talker begin with: Her penchant for teaching Akari through hands-on personal experiences has always been a huge part of the show! People keep saying she's engaged to be married, who the hell is she getting married to? 54 episodes altogether and we never see her express affections for any man, unlike Aika and Akari who have numerous romantic encounters. Who do we see Alicia standing shoulder to shoulder with at the Aria Company's front counter, after everyone has been calling to ask about her marriage...?

So I dunno. Overall I give the series 7/10 I guess. Same as I did for the Animation and the Natural. Episode 10 (among others) really was fantastic and had my on the edge of my seat with this rush of mixed emotions I can hardly put a name on. But man, that ending... Why couldn't it have been more like the Natural...?
case649Sep 13, 2010 7:32 PM
Sep 28, 2010 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
very late in posting but a truly good ending to a very nice series - It was always a pleasure to turn on Aria and just relax and enjoy the journey~

And I must agree with the countless others Akari as an adult even more beautiful then I imagined (Though I constantly thought what should look like with full long hair like Alica or Akira and she looks amazing) I wonder how many years passed though - she must be around 19-21.
Oct 29, 2010 4:39 AM

Jun 2009
I've never had such a heartfelt ending after Maison Ikkoku and Honey and Clover. In a different sense, Aria gave me another one. :' )

WHY DID THIS HAVE TO END?

10/10. For being THE anime that brought back those reasons why I loved anime in the first place.

I love everything about this anime - music, characters, setting.. I'll miss everything.

PS. Now I think MAL sucks. Because I can't fit every character of Aria to my favorite characters list..

I am a guy. Don't let my avatar, Yukishiro Tomoe, fool you.
Nov 11, 2010 4:52 PM

Mar 2009
This series really grew on me with every season. First season was still pretty meh. It left me feeling good after every episode but it was still little boring and slow. Second season had already some fantastic episodes but even it had some not so good episodes and some episodes felt little fillerish but it was definitely great season already. I started to feel emotionally attached to characters. Third season... especially latter half was damn amazing. I don't remember last time I cried this much. It really affected me emotionally. But still....damn it's hard to decide that should I give this 9 or 10. Also sad that this is over. It was just so perfect way to end the day with aria. You always went to sleep with smile on your face. Damn I will miss this.
KillerMan91Nov 11, 2010 4:57 PM
Nov 21, 2010 3:44 AM

Nov 2009
May the winds of new beginnings reach you all.

Nov 21, 2010 6:01 AM

Apr 2009
A beautiful endind to a beautiful series, really calm.
9/10

"Thank you, thank you for all your hard work!"
Dec 6, 2010 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
a very good ending to a very good show.
Dec 19, 2010 12:41 PM
Sep 2010
I finished this show last night and I haven't stopped smiling since. While the ending was spoiled for me, that didn't make it any less emotional. The moment when Akari thought Alicia was gone made me cry. The ending was surperb. It's funny how much Akari and Alicia are alike :)

As for Alicia's husband, I've come up with my own little scenario that she married an assassin and that's why she didn't tell anyone about it until the last minute. (*cough*Ezio*cough*) Me and my imagination.....
Dec 23, 2010 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
"The personification of warmth and tranquility". That's the most true thing I've heard all year. This series.. made me very happy, it was deep, it was emotional, I loved it. I want more. I even watched the picture dramas, that's not something I normally do.

Dec 31, 2010 1:46 AM
Dec 2009
9/10. Last episode turned it around for me, but not enough in how disappointed I was in the previous episodes. I wish there will be another season... really wanted to hear how well Akari is.. yeah.. they just had to end it with Akari having long hair.. wish they had done it sooner... great anime... but i wish this was a full season... pretty rushed pace.. though it ended nicely.. Wish there was one more scene with Cat Sith, and I really wanted a explanation in why Akari is so special.. So many wishes >.<... wanted Alicia to stay with Akari in the end... it was sad.. wish she had just run back to Akari and hug her tightly in the ceremony.. will never forget this anime, left a good impression on me... especially Akari and Alicia.. wish there was more to this.. i really want to hear Akari being #1 :}. <3 the Aria series

Edit: Re-watched episode 12 and 13 so many times... gotta give this a 10/10! its amazing. wish there was more.
JKJan 1, 2011 9:59 PM
tag©.androgynous
Jan 2, 2011 7:46 PM

Nov 2007
And with this episode Aria the Origination becomes my all time favourite anime. It has been a magnification ride throughout the entire anime. And the most complete show I have seen till date. My New Year's first resolution was to watch Origination and I did, and I loved it so much.

This is the best anime I have seen in 15 years straight. There are very few anime out there that gives you all the positiveness in this world has to offer, ARIA tops the lot by some leagues, ironically the events take place in Aqua.

I will miss Akari's spacing out and eh~.
I will miss those teary eyes of Aika and her hazukasii serifu kinshi.
I will miss those 'Dekkai' comments from Alice.
I will miss Alicia's smiles and her Ara Ara~
I will miss Akira's harsh yet warm scoldings.
I will miss those silly things Athena does.

and so many more, I could keep on writing like forever...

I want to thank Amano-sensei again for such a wonderful work. She is expecting a baby, so everyone should wish her the best. I am sure she will name her child with an A. Also, best wishes to everyone involved in the production of this Masterpiece.
shanimebibJan 2, 2011 7:54 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 3, 2011 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
Lol I hate this episode. Not because it's not brilliant just because it's the end. Rewatching the show (and reading the manga too) barely a couple weeks after it finished. This ep made me appreciate the whole show so much more than I realised when I was watching.
Jan 23, 2011 8:32 AM

Jun 2009
As I mentioned in the ep 9 discussion this was my second time watching Aria. And while I had fond memories of the first time I only realizedd after this rewatch just how much I love this show. I was able to appreciate everything this show gave us so much more.

I loved the scenery and animation, I loved the relaxing and calming atmosphere and above all else I loved the characters. All of them.

So I'll end this post with the words the show ended with, because it really sums things up:

"Thank you"

*bows head*
grandy_UiDJan 23, 2011 8:40 AM
Feb 21, 2011 6:49 AM

Aug 2009
This episode is a shocker but also very good.
I always wondered why the Aria series is highly rated, but as I keep watching it...I begin to understand.

52 Episodes of nothingness and it became one of the most uplifting anime I have ever seen. Totally worth my time.
Feb 21, 2011 9:31 AM
Jun 2010
Though I've loved the whole series since beginning the first episode of the first season, I feel like I've had nothing but criticism for it in spite of my total enjoyment. I still feel all the criticisms I cooked up are valid, but now that I've finished Aria, none of those criticisms matter. Perfect despite its imperfections. I will always treasure the time I spent watching Aria. <3
Feb 24, 2011 11:21 PM

May 2010
I've been repeating Aria over and over again every night. The last episode of Aria the Origination doesn't make me feel that it's the end of Aria instead it make me feel like it's a fresh start to watch from Aria the Animation and can't wait continuing to Aria the Natural for more adventure.
Mar 16, 2011 3:42 PM

Aug 2008
I've watched over 200 anime and I've never once said this: BEST. EVER.
Apr 21, 2011 7:32 PM

Jun 2009
Plain beautiful. Well thought out ending.

The only thing that bugs me a bit is that we didn't get to see Caith Sith anymore. Mhh.. a perfect ending would have been Akari taking the Galaxy Railway at the very end of the episode :)

This show gets "only" 9/10 from me because the first half of this series wasn't as outstanding as the second half.
May 15, 2011 7:11 AM

Feb 2011
waah it ends it ends I T_T there's so many things I want to say

I'd say i didn't get teary I actually cried in this last episode.
ALICIA GETTING MARRIED is somehow disappointing to hear I don't know why but I just don't see it, I think no man can match her awesomeness.
but I'm glad that they didn't feature her wedding or else I will be like jealous ^^ and akari you're not lonely you are hear in my favorite character list and in my heart I will try to have some of your good traits ^^.

The last part made me giggle when I saw ai-chan and akari being like alicia. LIKE ALICIA LIKE AKARI, and so on LIKE AKARI LIKE AI-CHAN ^^. I so can't wait for the sequel of this

ARIA IS THE BEST HEARTWARMING ANIME!

10/10
Jun 15, 2011 5:17 AM

May 2010
I feel so sorry for Atkasuki-san.

No more ara ara ara ara huhu

Anyoen notice Athena has long hair?

How anyone can even give this a bad score is beyond me.

ConfuciusJun 15, 2011 5:25 AM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 28, 2011 7:38 AM
Jun 2010
picked up Aria series 3 months ago.

it's an old series and i didn't expect much.

to my surprise its way better than most of the recent series

i only have 1 word for it: Beautiful

and i'm so glad i didn't miss this classic.

tranquil anime in a world of its own.

whenever i watch it, my spirit lightens. and especially so after a long day of work.

Aria will forever be golden, forever a classic so long as anime lives.

on a side note, ending episode is the best ever, wraps up everything so perfectly.

although it's 3 seasons long, but definitely worth every second of your time watching!
Jul 18, 2011 12:06 AM

Nov 2010
A simple and wonderful ending to a simply wonderful show.
Humour is the very essence of a democratic society.
Jul 21, 2011 1:58 PM
Oct 2007
My new all time favorite anime. Aria is in a class by itself, and this was the best seson
Aug 3, 2011 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
I regret putting this show aside for so long thinking it would be meh...how could I miss it ?
Great ending, beautiful songs ...Favorite added !
Aug 26, 2011 12:53 PM
Aug 2010
One of the best series I've ever seen. I can't think of a single episode that I would consider bad (in any of the seasons). Instead of losing quality, it just got better and better as it went on. The Animation was good, the Natural was great, and the Origination was a masterpiece. The last episode even made me get tears in my eyes, which almost never happens.

10/10
okokAug 26, 2011 1:27 PM
Nov 3, 2011 4:26 AM

Feb 2010
So glad I watched Aria. I really love the tranquility of this series. Every minute of the show have that subtle sweetness that is so soothing and warm. This series is hands down my most enjoyable anime experience and favourite.
Thank you Amano, Choro Club, Senoo, Kawai Eri :( , Sato Junichi and the voice actors who made this series the way it is.
Like everyone else, I am sad that Aria has finished. But then, great shows like this can be rewatched a billion times anyway.
I don't believe in heaven, but if it exist, its probably called Neo-Venezia .Hazukashi serifu kinshiii!
Nov 14, 2011 6:14 AM
Jun 2011
All good (beautiful in the case of Aria) things must come to an end,
But of all things,
Why Aria?!

Nuff' said.
Imma continue crying now.
Nov 22, 2011 3:04 PM
May 2011
This was the best anime I have ever watched to this day! D; I wanna live there!
Nov 29, 2011 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
Been a Couple of years since I first watched the finale.

Everytime I hear Euforia pop up on my playlist I close my eyes and think to myself how much I miss Neo Venezia....

Truly a Beautiful Series, Enjoy the simple things in life~
PhAzEsHiFtNov 29, 2011 10:41 AM

Jan 14, 2012 10:52 PM

Jun 2008
Just as fucking beautiful as it was when I watched it for the first time two years ago.

5/5, 10/10, etc.
Mar 13, 2012 9:41 AM

Jun 2010
Best Slice of Life I've ever watched (and may ever watch..) hands down. I look forward to repeats in the future, oh how bittersweet it is though.. Would have thoroughly enjoyed seeing more of how successful the new Aria became.
Apr 3, 2012 11:50 PM

Apr 2009
Alright. I like the new hair and everything, extending those tails even further to form rings to her back, but I am still quite disturbed by the fact that ahem: this is impossible. Try and imagine it for a sec, growing your hair in a ring, eh, oh wait, it only grows one direction.

But whatever, whatever, Aria, hands down was and is good, good, good stuff. It's all romantic fluff, to the point where it sometimes disgusts me, but it never leaves me without a beaming smile. I watched it through once some time ago feeling that it could have had even more, but after coming back now a short time later and hitting up the last episode, you know what? I'm satisfied; I'm sufficed. The ending's great and good enough for me.

Let's leave it at that.
May 14, 2012 9:59 AM

Feb 2008
I.. just .. finished.. the series...

I'm still in shock and sad that there's gonna be no more Aria.

I'll never forget this feeling. I never considered rewatching series (I think it's too time-consuming) but for Aria, I might reconsider!

I never expected that I'm going to be an Aria fan when I watched the Animation. But it just keeps getting better and better.

I love Aria. It's really one of a kind!

Ashita, Yuugure Made by Erino Hazuki is playing on loop now~ I'm gonna miss Aria!
May 18, 2012 1:49 PM

Nov 2010
After around one year of watching, finally I made past into the finale.

ARIA is a healing anime, and the only one that can truly carry that title since it totally does a healing!
When I'm in a totally bad mood or feeling down, watching a healthy dose of ARIA is the life medicine. Usually 1-4 episodes is the best dose to completely heal the mind. Over than that is okay, although there's no use of healing something that had been fully healed :p

That's why, I took it slowly and slowly since I know that there's no anime yet that can do that. In the end, I marathoned ep 08-13, and finally, I found the peace that I seek lately.

Criticism didn't matter since everything is already perfect as a whole. 10/10, I'll miss ARIA.
May 30, 2012 5:33 PM
Nov 2011
From the first episode of animation, I never could have expected Aria to end like this. All the emotions I have felt from this anime, the tears I shed, and the things it taught me...I was left speechless at the end of the anime. I didn't want it to end, the adventure, the art, the appreciation of the little things. Words can't convey what this anime has done to me...10/10. :] Arigatou to all those who were involved in Aria, ほんとにありがとうございました! お疲れ様でした! And to Aria, farewell~
Jun 19, 2012 4:44 AM
Sep 2009
Ive been a mess through the last 4 episodes. Every time someone was promoted i burst in to tears. alicia shedding a tear got me too! this was beautiful in every way. this really changed my life. time to begin rewatching it 'v' im not ready to move on!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Finally found it

Brittaman12 - May 23

4 by Abesh_Aziz »»
Yesterday, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.