Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2013
Mark00 said:
We got only 1 minute of fast shots of them killing goblins but 5 full minutes of useless talk about spy on girls. If thats not bad i don't know what is. Want to focus on slice of life? Ok, give me strong character development them, not that shit talk about boobs, girls with no pants or trying to spy on girs bath. If he wants slice of life made it meaninfull.
What makes you think that killing goblins is more important and "not useless" than talking about and lusting after girls? It's not like they are barely pubesant teenagers or anything...
Jan 24, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
Shrimperor said:
Honestly, the 3 first episodes could've been done in 1 episode. They are stretching it out waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much.

And i am freaking starting to hate Ranta, he isn't even funny anymore.

But hey, atleast Yume is a little fun..

I completely agree... the first three episodes have turtle-pacing and they added a lot of anime original scenes to really try to stretch out this episode. Apparently for a calm before the storm type setting. But honestly... it's really irritating. There are supposed to be 12 episodes... and the first 3 are already pissing me off. This storm better be worth it. Haven't bothered to read the LN for a long time.

Though i liked trying to distinguish the death flag triggers on each character. Some characters i just think... HAVE to die because of their personalities and for plot sake of course.

Jan 24, 2016 3:04 PM

Aug 2008
Mark00 said:
On the other hand we have BokuMachi, the most hyped show of the season, where the director was smart enough to adapt a full manga volume in 1 episode, so he could end it with a big cliffhanger.
It doesn't look like you're joking but what you've said have to be a joke. Adapting one volume in one episode sounds horrible. Putting aside that manga has much less content in one volume than a novel, it still sounds like bloody butchering. If you're going to remove all the substance from a series why even call it an adaptation? Just give it a different title and say it's inspired by or that similarities to other fictional characters are not a coincidence.

Fuck rushing and fuck cliffhangers. I'm glad to see a series that is telling a story instead of rushing to the end so it can sell some BD and "unaired" episodes for a change. This is how LN adaptations should look like.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 24, 2016 3:08 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't feel this episode as much as the previous ones. The pacing's fine, but it's starting to feel like instead of focusing on interesting conversations or even world building, too much time is wasted on some stuff that would have been just fine to omit. Even the little talk between the mc and Manato at the end felt dull and uninspired to me, but it was at least better than the pants talk.
Anyways, here's hoping in the future episodes we get to know more about the world because so far very little information is given.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 24, 2016 3:16 PM

Oct 2011
This show's pacing is just to slow. It's good for a book, but for an anime it's just a waste of time. At least the visuals are nice

Jan 24, 2016 3:25 PM

Feb 2015
Gah, so slow. I wish it'd pick it up just a tad. I get that its world-building but you didn't need 3 episodes to do it.
Jan 24, 2016 3:27 PM
Jun 2013
Antanaru said:
Mark00 said:
On the other hand we have BokuMachi, the most hyped show of the season, where the director was smart enough to adapt a full manga volume in 1 episode, so he could end it with a big cliffhanger.
It doesn't look like you're joking but what you've said have to be a joke. Adapting one volume in one episode sounds horrible. Putting aside that manga has much less content in one volume than a novel, it still sounds like bloody butchering. If you're going to remove all the substance from a series why even call it an adaptation? Just give it a different title and say it's inspired by or that similarities to other fictional characters are not a coincidence.

Fuck rushing and fuck cliffhangers. I'm glad to see a series that is telling a story instead of rushing to the end so it can sell some BD and "unaired" episodes for a change. This is how LN adaptations should look like.

You guys don't get that not everything is meanifull or important and sometimes the author is just putting useless stuff in there. Cuting things is a very good thing if you know what you are doing. It's called an "adaptation" not a "copy/paste" after all. If you want to make everything exactely the same, better ready the original instead.

BokuMachi would be hell boring and people would have dropped off if it follow the manga bit by bit in the first volume. They are keeping the important stuff and cutting or making the rest faster. And better than it, NO ONE THAT DIDN"T READY THE MANGA NOTICE THE CUTS. The anime is being praised everywhere. Thats a true adaptation for me. You get the original and make something better of it. It's slow? Make it faster. It's boring? Make it interesting. For most people of course, there will be always weird people that want the completely opposite, but you should focus on the majority opinion, not the minority.
Jan 24, 2016 3:44 PM

Jun 2012
Paulo27 said:

Personally, I only wanted the conversation Haruhiro had with Manato at the end, I really, really hope they end up making this scene pay off really well in later episodes when a certain thing happens, they simply have to, god, I already feel depressed.

You have caught up to the Novels haven't ya? Can you tell if 12 episodes is enough so that the slow pace pays off later?
By the way, I think you are spoiling without noticing, what you wrote makes me speculate that the leader will die and not well.
Jan 24, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2015
Definitely loving the slow pace of this show. Just feels so refreshing and calm, still a great atmosphere with great character interaction. That preview though.... Hopefully no one dies or anything.

Jan 24, 2016 4:02 PM

Feb 2015
Paulo27 said:
metsujin said:
It's interesting to see how they spend their days, I assume something bad is gonna happen the next episodes... They're still at volume 1 right?
The last 2 episodes adapted like 3 novel chapters lol.
Yeah tho, midway through volume 1, more or less, I think it'll pick up the pace after this initial part and start going pretty fast.

Paulo, I assume you read the ln, so my question is, does the ln has many fanservices? Or love triangles between Haru and the girls? Well, if it does contain a bunch of them, I'll drop this series. :x
Jan 24, 2016 4:08 PM

Jan 2016
This series is easily my favorite so far this season. I love the pacing, the artwork, and the character interactions. Honestly, I don't care if the story goes anywhere. Just watching the characters adapt to this world is so nice to see. Love the artwork and the watercolor background. Hopefully they keep things up. My one concern is that I don't see where the story is going, but I am definitely getting attached to the characters so I can see some depression lurking in the future.
“Don't think about what you need to do. Just follow your desires.” - Aoi Ryuuhei (Baby Steps)
Jan 24, 2016 4:08 PM

Aug 2011
zanearaki said:

Paulo, I assume you read the ln, so my question is, does the ln has many fanservices? Or love triangles between Haru and the girls? Well, if it does contain a bunch of them, I'll drop this series. :x

There is no love triangle but later
CrazyFrogzJan 24, 2016 4:38 PM
Jan 24, 2016 4:20 PM

Oct 2013
Much weaker episode in my eyes.

The first scene before the opening was actually the same one from the last episode, except with Haruhiro talking to Moguzo instead of Manato. It was the dawn of a new day, both Moguzo and Manato were up early doing something for the group that they didn't have to do, they both were unsure about their activities, and then Haruhiro reassures them and then the opening starts. (in their respective episodes of course). It's a relatively minor detail, but it makes both scenes extremely stale.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a slow pace, but a lot of the time it feels like they are adding random scenes here and there that add next to nothing to the anime other than to keep running times suitable for a TV broadcast. For example, did we really need Haruhiro basically lying to the viewer as he told us that they made no money? Some scenes just drag on way too long, and it makes what could have been a calming atmosphere just really boring for me. They are building some decent character bonds between a fairly big main cast, though.

Lastly, about the whole pubescent teenagers thing. The actual handling of this topic is done decently enough, but I just don't get how you can put in a theme about teenagers battling their hormones without detailing what age these teenagers actually are. Sure, you can try and formulate this based on character designs, but that is a pretty unreliable way of doing that. As far as I know, there's a pretty big difference between barely a teen (13-14) and young adult (17-19) when it comes to stuff like this. The focus of this episode was primarily on this, and this ambiguity of their actual age kind of ruins it for me. (Keep in mind that I haven't read the LN, so if this is actually detailed later on then this point is more or less invalid).

I doubt these complaints will further themselves into later episodes, as based on the next episode previews, things seem to be picking up. Like I said, there are some good character developing moments, and the bit on exploring the ruined city was really cool, but this episode just felt too stretched out for me to enjoy it.
2.5/5
TokyoSanchezJan 24, 2016 4:27 PM
Jan 24, 2016 4:40 PM

Mar 2014
I'm really enjoying the atmosphere and the set up of this anime but still wondering where it's going story wise. The pacing is also really slow so I'm hoping they pick it up a little.
Jan 24, 2016 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
why is this so slow
Jan 24, 2016 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Snaita said:
Paulo27 said:

Personally, I only wanted the conversation Haruhiro had with Manato at the end, I really, really hope they end up making this scene pay off really well in later episodes when a certain thing happens, they simply have to, god, I already feel depressed.

You have caught up to the Novels haven't ya? Can you tell if 12 episodes is enough so that the slow pace pays off later?
By the way, I think you are spoiling without noticing, what you wrote makes me speculate that the leader will die and not well.
Depends on what you mean by "pays off". Show has no plot. Don't expect this to randomly turn into a "let's save the world" or "find a way to turn off the electricity in the real world so we can finally log off and hope our brains aren't fried in the process" type of thing.
So far I'm happy with this slow pacing, it's what I had in mind when I thought how to adapt this (this might be a bit too slower even, well, I didn't think of adding anime original stuff though so it's about the same :P), it's being fairly faithful to the novels while improving on the original in ways only anime can.
I'm guessing you're asking about the ending the anime might have, well, assuming they keep being smart about it and start picking up the case, I think volume 3 should be well within reach, volume 2 and 3 are much easier to adapt in the way they are structured and how they are more action packed and faster paced.
As for speculations, some people had some interesting things in mind, I'll let you decide, a cool thing about this series is how really anything can happen.

I do think this series really needed 2 cours to work really well though, 12 episodes will feel short.
zanearaki said:
Paulo27 said:
The last 2 episodes adapted like 3 novel chapters lol.
Yeah tho, midway through volume 1, more or less, I think it'll pick up the pace after this initial part and start going pretty fast.

Well, if you asked me this at the start of the season I'd tell you it didn't have any fanservice (aside from the bathscene, which ironically wasn't even shown) but as you can see they managed to throw in a good share of it into the mix, spinning some scenes in another direction or straight up adding stuff, I'm personally fine with it and I think it somewhat adds to the story (even if going a bit overboard at times) but alas.
I'm gonna say maybe not for now.
And there's no love triangles with him and the girls.
Paulo27Jan 24, 2016 4:47 PM
Jan 24, 2016 4:44 PM

Jan 2011
I don't know what it is about this show but something allows me to enjoy the simple dialogue the characters have. I could live without Ranta's runting but even with that I don't feel strained or bored watching this as with other titles this season.
Jan 24, 2016 4:59 PM

Mar 2014
Since there are 4 guy and only 2 girls, I suspect one of the two things will happen.
Either
1. Someone gets left out
or
2. Someone in the group is going to die.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 24, 2016 5:01 PM
Dec 2011
Mark00 said:
Antanaru said:

You guys don't get that not everything is meanifull or important and sometimes the author is just putting useless stuff in there. Cuting things is a very good thing if you know what you are doing. It's called an "adaptation" not a "copy/paste" after all. If you want to make everything exactely the same, better ready the original instead.

BokuMachi would be hell boring and people would have dropped off if it follow the manga bit by bit in the first volume. They are keeping the important stuff and cutting or making the rest faster. And better than it, NO ONE THAT DIDN"T READY THE MANGA NOTICE THE CUTS. The anime is being praised everywhere. Thats a true adaptation for me. You get the original and make something better of it. It's slow? Make it faster. It's boring? Make it interesting. For most people of course, there will be always weird people that want the completely opposite, but you should focus on the majority opinion, not the minority.

I like BokuMachi anime, hell it's likely be Anime of the season, but if you talk about "copy/paste", BokuMachi is more close one because even it's rushing, it still less original content than Grimgar anime.(actually do BokuMachi anime even have original content at all?)
Jan 24, 2016 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
Paulo27 said:
I'm guessing you're asking about the ending the anime might have, well, assuming they keep being smart about it and start picking up the case, I think volume 3 should be well within reach, volume 2 and 3 are much easier to adapt in the way they are structured and how they are more action packed and faster paced.

By paying off, I mean if the slow pace is building up to twists and sh*t getting serious in the rest of the episodes. I don't mind slow pace at some point in action/adventure anime, but I do mind if it goes for the entire series.
Okay, so it's halfway vol.1 and vol.2/3 are more fast paced, so maybe it could get more serious by ep 6/5.
Jan 24, 2016 5:07 PM

Jan 2009
This show is showing up to be veeeeery good. I love it.

The pacing is actually very good. You can take it slow.
Jan 24, 2016 5:08 PM

May 2008
kinda have 2 agree the pacing is slow and I hope it just get better and i guess something bad gonna happen
Jan 24, 2016 5:23 PM

Jun 2015
Yo! The pacing in this anime is almost on One Piece level! Is it intentional or is it like that in the original source.
Read Toriko!
Jan 24, 2016 5:30 PM

Apr 2012
This show is moving REALLY slow. All I really want to know at this point is where they came from. Is this an MMO they've been sucked into or what exactly.

I feel like this would be a far better a read than it is a watch, maybe I can find the Light Novel somewhere and give it a try.
Jan 24, 2016 5:30 PM
Jan 2016
I mentioned this in the last thread already- but there is no "mysterious plot evil dictator muhahahahaha guy working in some other continent" or "93,594,284 armies revolting and our protagonists gain uber magix powers to blow through everything" or "a legendary group of expert teenage heroes extinguishing/vanquishing all the evils of the world". You guys just keep having the wrong expectations and get disappointed whenever a male even happens to show some awkward interest with any female (relative to other harem/ecchi animes, this really is not that brute/pointless filler).

As a LN novel, I also really enjoyed this adaptation. Although people would like to misinterpret it as fanservice (mere elements for mere enjoyment of the fans with no meaning towards characterization or development of character dynamics, and spontaneous 'coincidences' occurring like boob-grabbing or head-in-panty, which was not even shown), it really is not.

They are about 17 years of age (if) the previous people were asking.

Also I kind of agree on questionable effectiveness of having the random insert song being used.

Also for the person above who keeps on complaining about only including eventful things, well, there really is no *eventful* thing. This light novel is more about the characters than the plot (there isn't one). They already omitted the partying-formation part, the guild-meeting party, the rat-fighting scene, etc. There's no other way to 'strip' the plot down even further if you will without making the anime adaptation be irrelevant. Like 14 chapters worth of material in 3 episodes with less than 25% adapted (present) to 10% adapted.

The LN is arguably a better read and better suited format for this kind of thing- but this episode also adapted the LN in a way that's better than the LN (although for anime watchers, it's harder to justify without the pretext).

https://grimgarthetranslation.wordpress.com/ <--- LN translation
EaenJan 24, 2016 5:35 PM
Jan 24, 2016 5:43 PM

Jan 2011
Some serious drama or a death is about to happen real soon

nice to see them improving new clothes hype!

and are we gonna see the other group soon been real curious as to why they have made little contact with them
Jan 24, 2016 6:32 PM
Aug 2011
Man, this anime is so slow, and they are still very weak. I know, this is no SAO, but lonely goblins as a party of 6? That Dark Knight (sorry, I'm not good with names when there are a lot of characters I'm not used to yet), will he be getting that little demon soon? With this pace they will be learning their first good skill on the last episode to escape a problem that we will see on the start of the 7th episode, just a guess, I didn't read the LN. But one good thing about the episode, that dark magician girl:

Nyan-nyan100Jan 28, 2016 2:01 PM
Jan 24, 2016 6:43 PM

Jul 2012
This episode pretty much had the same feel as the last episodes and so far I think its okay for that but I do feel the pacing needs to speed up a little since there are only 12 episodes in the season and even though I am still enjoying this relaxing pace and enjoying the more realistic approach, others may not and then there is a chance we wont get another season. Another thing was I still don't care too much for these insert songs being there, I feel like it was out of place and not needed. Overall I still enjoyed the feel it has and did enjoy seeing the progress they are slowly making with taking down the goblins and also the character development and relationships growing between them, I just feel the pacing needs to be a little faster in my opinion.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq3hNj_xIBQ&feature=youtu.be
Jan 24, 2016 6:51 PM

Jul 2010
Why does Manato have sooooooo many death flags?
Like, come on man.
Jan 24, 2016 6:52 PM

Nov 2014
Who sang the insert song at 13:50?

I'm very happy that they finally don't feel any guilt from killing a monster. EP 2 was annoying IMO.
mizukasaJan 24, 2016 6:58 PM
Jan 24, 2016 6:57 PM

Jul 2014
Hear me out on this. I think we have a great show just building up for the right moment. I have a feeling one of the main characters is going to die. This is mainly due to the overly focused display on the team and for the viewer to get attached. This show is also not shy from showing brutal scenes so we might get some brutal deaths.
"I only studied a little bit of history and I have learned there are two current thoughts in human history. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life and the opinion that there is nothing preferable to life. When the war begins, it is on the pretext of the former type of people and it justify the latter when the war ends"
Jan 24, 2016 7:04 PM

Feb 2015
CrazyFrogz said:
zanearaki said:

There is no love triangle but later

wut! so it ain't
?? oh, i'm heartbroken already.

Paulo27 said:
Snaita said:

Depends on what you mean by "pays off". Show has no plot. Don't expect this to randomly turn into a "let's save the world" or "find a way to turn off the electricity in the real world so we can finally log off and hope our brains aren't fried in the process" type of thing.
So far I'm happy with this slow pacing, it's what I had in mind when I thought how to adapt this (this might be a bit too slower even, well, I didn't think of adding anime original stuff though so it's about the same :P), it's being fairly faithful to the novels while improving on the original in ways only anime can.
As for speculations, some people had some interesting things in mind, I'll let you decide, a cool thing about this series is how really anything can happen.

I do think this series really needed 2 cours to work really well though, 12 episodes will feel short.
zanearaki said:

Well, if you asked me this at the start of the season I'd tell you it didn't have any fanservice (aside from the bathscene, which ironically wasn't even shown) but as you can see they managed to throw in a good share of it into the mix, spinning some scenes in another direction or straight up adding stuff, I'm personally fine with it and I think it somewhat adds to the story (even if going a bit overboard at times) but alas.
I'm gonna say maybe not for now.
And there's no love triangles with him and the girls.

I agree! But I got a feeling I will drop this series no matter how decent it is.
Jan 24, 2016 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
Nexxkinn said:
Looks like they still haven't learnt NOT to use insert song at random scene. Twice.
And, thank you for including AGAIN random-image scene like it's the greatest idea director-kun had in mind.

but, eh. Here's some 10/10 ass to calm down your rage, me.

Yume best girl.

Yamada2 said:
I am really loving the pacing here – sure it's slow, but that's just what's needed. They're taking their time developing the world and the characters in it. The slice of life parts are relaxing and fun to watch. The character interactions are also quite nice. They're showing these kids experience this new world with many possible unknown dangers lurking about and a slow pace really helps here.

The kids, after many rainy days of failure, manage to get on a killing streak as they attack lone and vulnerable goblins in an abandoned city. Nice thinking from Manato – they learned that they can't take on more than one goblin at a time easily. Now with the money they're earning, they can buy new underwear. Good for them.

The next episode shows a rather concerning scene – Manato's staff is lying on the ground and another scene shows Ranta trying to run or something with Yume holding him back. I really hope Manato isn't killed yet reason being I don't really care about him much. If they would spend another episode focusing more on the group together with Manato getting relatively more focus, only then would killing him off have a bit of an impact on the viewer. They did give him some focus in this episode as he led the attack and all, but I think he needs at least another episode for me to somewhat care about him. Oh well, just hope things don't go downhill, everything is going so good here.

Also,Yume is so damn kawaii

Agreed, love how the anime is not 100% action & ecchi based.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 24, 2016 7:45 PM

Nov 2014
the OST is really good, it's very calming

3/5
Jan 24, 2016 7:47 PM
Aug 2015
jose21 said:
I like pretty much everything about this anime, but could Ranta just die....

Would make everyone's day better.
Jan 24, 2016 7:53 PM

Feb 2013
Smudy said:
This is so risky to make an anime like this. By episode 3, many people might be dropping this now, but i appreciate this slow-pacing.

Nothing much happened, instead they are really trying to make us feel the atmosphere with music, dialogue-heavy scenes and great art.

They should tone down the perviness in this anime though, it just doesn't fit.

It not the slow pacing that the issue. I know almost nothing about the world and almost nothing about the character. What should keep me watching this. At least I know a little about the character not much.
Jan 24, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2015
AivanK said:
Nexxkinn said:
Looks like they still haven't learnt NOT to use insert song at random scene. Twice.
And, thank you for including AGAIN random-image scene like it's the greatest idea director-kun had in mind.

but, eh. Here's some 10/10 ass to calm down your rage, me.

Yume best girl.

Mary is best girl, always and forever.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 24, 2016 9:28 PM

Aug 2013
God, please Yume x Haru..
Yume literally best as.. I mean, best grill

deathflag.. death incoming..
Jan 24, 2016 9:49 PM

Feb 2008
I miss SAO's butshot.
Jan 24, 2016 9:52 PM
Jul 2015
3/5 it is really interesting because we are not seeing the tipical overpowered character/group that can do anything, but I still think that it can be better
Jan 24, 2016 9:55 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Good episode. I don't mind slow pacing at all, but I believe we need to be shown more, or something needs to happen. Yes, it's nice that they've gone to a new area and have began mapping things out, but we need to see a new character or get a new plot point at this juncture.

The ambiance for this show continues to be terrific.

I don't mind the insert songs, I just hope they don't do it 7 more times this season.
Jan 24, 2016 10:05 PM
Apr 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the writer/director of the anime ver. love Yume and give her more attention than in the novels. That translates in many audiences are also loving her. I never got impression that she's that stand-out & popular in the novels, even before Mary appeared. Anime so far has added original scenes highlighted her interactions-feelings with Haru, Ranta, Shihoru, Manato. Even subtle hints for a triangle with Haru & Ranta like her, some even also think she likes Manato. As a Yume's fan I'm happy with these creative liberty focus on her character traits & interactions, though that begs the question on what will they do with Mary in the anime.
Prisca98Jan 25, 2016 6:10 PM
Jan 24, 2016 10:24 PM

Aug 2012
I'm really starting to appreciate the somber atmosphere created by the slow pacing and detailed depiction of the characters' very subdued discovery of 'themselves' and what they should be thinking/feeling. Props to A-1, they seem to be putting a lot of thought into adapting this.
Jan 24, 2016 11:23 PM

Apr 2014
I wonder how the story will progress. Considering the pace and premise, it would be most optimal if it played out as a slice of life. I mean what do you expect to happen? Why should anything happen? They are low-class volunteer soldiers that have little significance. If something were to happen, it would have to be related to why they were brought into the world.
dissipatedJan 24, 2016 11:27 PM
Jan 24, 2016 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
I expect writer will be psychologically extorting the viewers next episode with either death or similarly dramatic moment then it will turn into sun and rainbows moment later, just like they did with goblin's scene. This episode was boring, sun and rainbows, slice of life, so I can expect that this emotional rollecoster will go down to some depressive levels later on.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 25, 2016 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoy plenty of slow paced shows, this one seems like it would read better than animate. The art is pretty but I notice the long pans of just background or one moving animation. Wouldn't mind a bit more drama or intense moments sprinkled throughout. Either way still enjoying the show, it's about a 7/10 for me in terms of my impression through episode 3. Still hopeful something will impress me.
Jan 25, 2016 12:24 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode, I'm fine with all the slow pacing but I just wonder what's gonna happen in the end. And they still suck at fighting goblins like usual :P
Jan 25, 2016 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
robis798 said:
What makes you think that killing goblins is more important and "not useless" than talking about and lusting after girls? It's not like they are barely pubesant teenagers or anything...

They are not really lustful. Way it is played there are more traumatized by girls presence than they were by the death of the goblin.

I pretty much understand that being unsure about your own sexuality is terrifying and I feel bad for them, but from viewer perspective they picked the wrong show to address the issue. Why author even bother with writing fantasy drama? His (or her?) fantasy drama related subject was 5 minute long in previous episode. Nothing would happen if they skipped it as it somehow didn't related to anything else seen in the rest of the show. If he (she) want to explore the trauma of boys figuring out whether they are into other boys or not, he (she) could stick with your average high school teen slice of life thingy, because almost nothing I've seen so far is in any way related to the setting that it won't work without it.
beast_regardsJan 25, 2016 12:43 AM
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 25, 2016 12:47 AM

Feb 2015
Paulo27 said:
Uve23 said:
I don't mind the slow pacing but damn, what's up with all those pointless conversations? Worst dialogue ever.
What exactly was pointless here?
Because I keep hearing this and have no idea what people are referring to.

Dialogue is not interesting, that's all. We had that first scene discussing cooking and breakfast that went on for a long time for no reason. The majority of the conversations don't really help us know the characters better. It is realistic in the sense that that's how real life is many times, but it becomes boring when it's fiction.

Again, my problem is not with the pacing. But it would be nice to see them having some clever interactions, like theorizing where they are, why they're there, etc. instead of spending 10 minutes talking about whether the girls are wearing underwear or not.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Jan 25, 2016 1:30 AM
Feb 2015
I read somewhere in the comments that there was rape in this series , is it true ?
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

464 by Anjopskun »»
May 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.