Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 31, 2014 9:52 PM
Mar 2014
Hyorins said:
redd530 said:
Who's the guy with the black hair at the end card?

I'm guessing that since Bizon managed to get back in this timeline, another person from the past/future is also tasked into stopping him. And since that guy has black hair like Hina and spiky hair like Aoba, he might be their son.

There have been a few end cards featuring characters we haven't seen in the anime. I recall someone saying they were side characters from the Buddy Complex app/video game.

Well, I wrote before...
He is Ichijo Haku, the characters of "coupling of the battlefield".

Other characters >> http://buddy-complex.bngames.net/images/pl_ch.jpg
GAME >> https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/buddy-complex-coupling-battlefield/id796824968?l=en&mt=8
COMIC >> http://buddy-complex.jp/comics/comic_tameshi02.html
Mar 31, 2014 10:03 PM

Apr 2008
SO that's who the cute guy I saw was: Haku!

Saw him on the game website.
Mar 31, 2014 10:07 PM
Jul 2013
biloon said:

3) Why does Hina devolve everytime she time travel, while Aoba & Bizon didn't?

Suppose there exist other Hina the verse she travel to, it could be that that version of Hina are just 10 years younger. So when she jump to another verse, she simply replace that version of herself but at different location. As for Aoba and Bizon, they simply don't exist at those timeline, so nothing happen to them.

4) Why does Hina ends up in a destroyed building and Aoba ends up in Luxion everytime they time travel?

I don't really know about this though.

Assuming the multiverse theory is correct, then your assumptions would also be correct. The reason Aoba and Bizon didn't end up merging with their older/younger self is because they simply didn't exist at the time. This suggests either Aoba dies before his younger self gets there, or he simply never returns to the past. It could go either way in my opinion.

Bizon is a bit harder to explain. Simply put if they're in the same time line, there are(were) two of him. This is possible because he didn't exist at the other end of the singularity, therefore he had no one to merge with.

Hina however, did exist as a younger person. She existed in the town that got destroyed as a child. This can be considered her point of origin. She merged with her younger self because you cannot exist simultaneously with another you in the same timeline.

I guess Bizon is an exception to this rule because if he existed all along, there were two of him. I suppose this can be explained by he was sent to the past to before he exists?

I dunno. I'm not really that smart so don't take my word for it.
Mar 31, 2014 10:28 PM
Jan 2014
the blonde chick at the end according to the wiki is chloe vera

[link] http://buddy-complex.wikia.com/wiki/Chlo%C3%A9_Vera [/link]

also for one of the plots for s2 Dio gets replaced with Hina since Aoba seem so compatible with Hina wavelength. stuff happens and dio and aoba become partners again. Just a prediction
Mar 31, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2010
This last episode was actually really good!

The first few episodes weren't bad, and the last few episodes were good as well. The time travel aspect is easily the most interesting aspect of the show, I'm just sad that it wasn't the main focus. If it was I would have definitely have liked it more.

The middle episodes were pretty boring though, but I think the show has potential. The plot twist at the end is a nice one indeed. I'll be watching the second season in hopes of it becoming even more epic!

But for now... 6.5/10
Mar 31, 2014 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
Eh. It was decent. The OST ruled, the animations were nice, but the story lacked substance.

Now, how the hell does Bizon end up in that state and treated like some sort of bigshot? Well, to be honest, I had an inkling that he somehow survived having his mecha destroyed by laser cannon fire and being sucked unprotected into a wormhole. The way he was last portrayed on that 'death scene' was fishy anyway.
Mar 31, 2014 11:42 PM

Sep 2013
Always loved mecha shows... I'm bias, f*** it. This one mixed all my favorite - Romance, Mechas, Time traveling, Great Scale War, Epic OSTs, Terrific animation and a good plot. I'm just in love with this show, looking forward to season two.

10/10
Apr 1, 2014 12:02 AM
Sep 2013
This episode was stuffed so much with "the power of love;" I swear, if I hear anyone scream Hina's name one more time, I'm going to scream.

There better be an explanation for how Bizon become so crazy, like he was drugged or something. No matter how obsessed he is with Hina, that level of transition into insanity is just unnatural. I'm also surprised at how easy and indifferent Hina is towards killing her childhood friend.

One thing that don't make sense is that during the first episode, Hina made it sound like her meeting with pas Aoba was her first time meeting him. Either the translators did something wrong or the writers did.
Apr 1, 2014 12:04 AM

Jul 2008
Anyone know when season 2 will air? summer or fall????

Hoping for a Dio x Hino x Aoba x Bizon. LOL.
Apr 1, 2014 12:17 AM

Mar 2013
lol
kinda wierd ending to the show, it didnt
catch the all story of hina and why she saved aoba at all.
Apr 1, 2014 12:24 AM

Apr 2009
I hope Hina will continue to be herself in the next season and doesn't just get shoved to the blushing love interest role. Although now that she'll become part of the team (or so I'd imagine) I wonder how the couplings will go: will Dio have to retrain to be able to couple with someone else since Aoba and Hina have a higher empathy reading or will they mix and match as necessary.

Nice series, nothing revolutionary but I like that the main guys are friends instead of rivals as in many other mecha series. Not nearly as bro as Tiger & Bunny but it was fun nontheless.
Apr 1, 2014 12:51 AM

Oct 2013
Roloko said:
lol @ Bizon creating Zogillia just to kill Aoba? xD

THIS. LOL...

Nice OST, nice mecha, action and comedy.
Apr 1, 2014 1:21 AM

Apr 2013
Not a single unique idea on display in this show. It wasn't bad, but it couldn't be more generic if it tried.
Apr 1, 2014 2:24 AM

Feb 2014
_NameLess_ said:
First of all I really enjoyed this episode and the whole series. Your theories are awesome but I have some questions. Especially to @ThangLong as it seems you understand japanese?

I really like your theories.
1. In previous loops, Aoba failed to couple (as shown in ep11) leading to Dio not seeing Aoba's past.
=> Where exactly is this stated?
2. 1st Episode right after the OP. There is a broadcast in the TV about Zogilia and the found of Nectobirium (or whatever it is called) and they stated that it could change the world. There it seems like Zogilia is not bad after all. So maybe Zogilia is led by someone else back then?
3. The thing I am asking me the most is also from episode 1. Right before they enter this time tunnel. Hina says something like she understands now. But right before this she calls the Time Tunnel "The Singularity" - in the sub, I don't know what she really says but as far as I can remember she says something different -- Time Tunnel? -- the other times this thing is mentioned.

And this 3rd question brings me to another theory. What if the cycle is still going on and all this is "planned"? Maybe in the near future they will give these Time Tunnels the name "Singularity" and some other events - with Bizon already as Zogilias lead - happen and another wormhole opens. This time the WHOLE cycle would repeat and Hina goes to the past.

Something like that. I hope you can understand what I mean.

Anime for me 9/10.. I just loved it :D

This would actually answer a LOT of things that happened in episode 1. I'm pretty sure that in season 2 that hina WILL go back to the past, sometime later. This would also explain why hina was blushing Everytime she saw aoba, because if the current hina would go back in time she would blunt and quickly explain to him the situation, not to mention that the season 1 hina didn't even know who Dio was. I'm pretty sure that hina, aoba and dio would be that usual 2 boys and 1 girl group in shonen animes (replacing mayuka-chan) and that's how and why she said " Dio is waiting for you, Aoba".

And the blushing thing, I'm speculating that Hina fell inlove with Aoba. (Desperately hoping that in season 2 he falls in love with her too, right now he has this sort of crush on her like kazehaya shota to sawako from kimi no todoke)
Apr 1, 2014 2:40 AM

Jan 2014
Nice last episode for s1.
The time loop are too complex XD.

1. Loop Trigger (no data yet)
2. Hina's Infinite Loop
3. Loop Break
Apr 1, 2014 3:01 AM

Jan 2011
A lot of episodes feel really similar but this was somewhat fun to watch. There's a hell of a lot better mecha shows out there though.
Apr 1, 2014 3:20 AM
Dec 2013
YESSS SECOND SEASON WOOO
when Aoba and Hina were coupleing i was thinking in my head "ITS THE POWER OF LOVE"
Bizon is one crazy bastard , seriously hes like a old pervert against hina

10/10 loved the ost of the epic battles cant wait for next season :D
Apr 1, 2014 3:22 AM

Mar 2013
Bizon makes this show more interesting, well I guess there's more for the Yandere obsessed childhood friend to come!.
Apr 1, 2014 3:43 AM

Aug 2013
Buddy Complex was nothing really special but it was still pretty enjoyable. Big plus for not using CGI too much and for using it well. Battle soundtracks were good too.
7.5/10 (rounded up to 8/10)
Apr 1, 2014 4:42 AM

Sep 2011
nina4life said:
JizzyHitler said:
huanwu26 said:

Everyone screaming plot hole, let me tell you this, we are dealing with time travel it doesn't have to make perfect sense.
yeah it doesnt, but this is an extremely basic detail they may be messing up bigtime that makes the entire series impossible

also multiple timelines are impossible since bizon going back in time affected the present

And if he went into another universe, like many point out as an excuse, than he shouldn't exist anymore in this one. Show hinted quite the contrary.
yeah im super worried they may have just wrote themselves into a hole they cant get out of with this one, and worst part of it all its such a simple mistake that could had been easily avoided whilst still keeping the same plotpoints

though this is only the halfway point so im hoping they may adress this in season 2 but if it doesnt it loses major points
JizzyHitlerApr 1, 2014 4:49 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 1, 2014 5:22 AM

Jun 2013
lmao@the end when the wheelchair was being pushed out. Knew it had to be bizon without even the face being shown. Actually it would be more fantastic if the producer never reveal remotely any hint at all that it was bizon haha.

This is anime, so I hope people will not be saying xxx is not scientifically possible, namely time travel(not crossing to another parallel universe).

Imo multiverse seems off, given how aoba seen hina "stuck" in an infinite loop.Can you imagine all the multiverse actually having the same "event" such that hina actually manage to keep jumping from one universe to the next that resemble an infinite loop?
Also if the anime is based on multiverse theory, aoba "arrive" in this universe(where there is no aoba), but no reason for there to be 2 bizon(because the time tunnel should lead to another universe under multiverse theory plus the bizon in the loop should meet aoba of the past who is non existent in the universe aoba arrived in).

Now we know real time travel in reality isn't possible, but it seems the bizon we saw at the end is likely the bizon that aoba shot out of the valiancer. Not the bizon that was caught in the time loop. Erm what I mean is bizon no longer undergo the loop like hina, and likely he found a way to make himself the leader with the knowledge that he had.

So aoba manage to stop hina, and thus history was changed. Bizon now is the zorg leader rather then bizon being the zorg leader all along.
Apr 1, 2014 5:46 AM
Mar 2014
Rethinking again over my theory, I think I might be able to explain why Hina ends up in a destroyed building, while Aoba in Luxion cockpit.

1) 10 years younger Hina existed in the timeline Hina time travel to. so when she arrive, she replace herself with no memory (memory of 10 years old overlap with her current self? or just time travel amnesia).

2) Luxion cockpit is actually moved and place into Hina's new mobile suit by Hahn (as he said that all he needed is the cockpit from Alliance mech), so Aoba, who was sitting in Hina's new mobile suit cockpit during the time travel, ends up in Luxion cockpit ( Ep 1 ).
Apr 1, 2014 6:19 AM

Oct 2009
That was a pretty decent finale, still very predictable and bland. The only thing this show has going for it is the action, I really like the battle choreography this offers. OK about the show, it started out fine but it gradually got worse, worst of all is the characters, they are extremely flat and generic, especially Aoba and Hina. They feel like they exist for the sole purpose of the plot itself than actual characters you're supposed to feel for. And then there's the really REALLY RETARDED Military on both sides. The amount of cliches and cheesiness is overwhelming.

Sunrise's over usage of the similar plots and characters are finally getting a bit tiresome.

5.3/10

Doesn't deserve and 2nd season but it was already planned so...if I hear good things about it I might give it a try.
AozureApr 1, 2014 6:27 AM
Apr 1, 2014 6:54 AM

Jan 2014
Chiyousagi said:

So aoba manage to stop hina, and thus history was changed. Bizon now is the zorg leader rather then bizon being the zorg leader all along.

I remember blazblue for this paradox timeline.

biloon said:
Rethinking again over my theory, I think I might be able to explain why Hina ends up in a destroyed building, while Aoba in Luxion cockpit.

1) 10 years younger Hina existed in the timeline Hina time travel to. so when she arrive, she replace herself with no memory (memory of 10 years old overlap with her current self? or just time travel amnesia).

2) Luxion cockpit is actually moved and place into Hina's new mobile suit by Hahn (as he said that all he needed is the cockpit from Alliance mech), so Aoba, who was sitting in Hina's new mobile suit cockpit during the time travel, ends up in Luxion cockpit ( Ep 1 ).

wow its make sense for the cockpit.
Apr 1, 2014 7:04 AM

Jan 2013
I have to say overall around the start I wanted to drop this show, and at parts would give it a 6 overall. But the last few eps pushed it to a 7. Had the whole show been more like that I might have given it an 8.

Heres wishing S2 luck. Least it was better than Valverape.
Apr 1, 2014 8:34 AM
Mar 2014
Need Season 2!!!!! F**king YEah.. LOve This Series..
Apr 1, 2014 9:22 AM

Nov 2012
Lol out of all the series this season I somehow found this to be the most enjoyable. I can't get enough of that Bison guy, I love tragic characters like that. He completely lost his mind lmao.
Apr 1, 2014 10:30 AM

Apr 2011
That was some crazy timey-wimey nonsense :P Glad they finally remembered the time travel here at the end, though they broke the time loop instead of completing it (Aoba stays around because fuck you, paradox). I wonder, can Hina, Aoba and Dio have a 'threesome Coupling'? ;) Maybe in season 2 she'll get a different Coupler and Aoba can be all jealous that Hina-chan is off Coupling with other boys ;)

It's been a season of good mecha action, I'm actually impressed. Thought it would be a fairly generic mecha show, and it had its share of the usual tropes, but I definitely enjoyed it. Will watch season 2 if "To Be Continued" comes to pass.

8/10
Apr 1, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
They changed it ^^.
Hmm the end... Seems like Dio is in that chair or something...
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Apr 1, 2014 12:49 PM

Oct 2009
I have a prediction for the second season... It turns into a love triangle romcom w/mechas. Mayuka and Hina fight it over for Aoba, while Aoba continues to be the oblivious idiot [though his character is idiotic he has been shown to be perceptive at times, but I'm sure they'll change his character to fit the new season]

I really hope they don't do that, but I have a feeling they will...

loveyuri said:
They changed it ^^.
Hmm the end... Seems like Dio is in that chair or something...

How you figure that... the eyes, the helmet, the hair color.... all of them look like Bizon. Even the way he growls Aoba's name is the same.

The guy in the chair looks and sounds nothing like Dio...
Apr 1, 2014 12:50 PM

Nov 2009
Good place to end the season!!!

This episode was very good and we finally get to know how Hina ended up being in Aoba's time and it seems like she was in a cycle going through the same thing over and over again. Good thing Dio didn't stop him this time since he had a share of his memories and was able to stop Hina but I don't think they stopped Bizon completely especially with that ending but who thought he will/may become the main antagonist in the past/future!?

The coupling was good with the new Luxon Next and Bradyon Next and they stopped the forced coupling of Hina and Bizon. It was about time Hina gets freed out of her shackles and Hina's coupling with Aoba surprised me a little and was very nicely done. Glad to see how the 'Time Tunnel' was formed as it was a result of the clash between the coupling of Aoba and Hina and that Garapushka cannon and that Nectoribium sounds very suspicious. I wonder what will happen from here on so I will be looking forward to see the next season which has already been confirmed!!

Overall I really liked the concept of the time travelling and fighting in the future and they actually explained how Hina got to Aoba's timeline in this season which was great as we will get to see something new in the sequel season. The characters are fine but somehow weren't very memorable as I had troubles remembering some of the crew names but the story and animation made up for it.

Final Scores:

Art/Animation: 9/10
Story/Plot: 8.5/10
Characters: 8/10
Music: 8.5/10
Overall Score: 8/10

Episode Rating: 5/5

Apr 1, 2014 1:17 PM

Dec 2008
That psychotic bastard ain't dead?! Damn!!
Glad Aoba got Hina and stopped her from repeating that time loop.
Looking forward to the 2nd season.

8/10 - primarly because I'm totally biased when mecha's involved.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 1, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
Well, the final episode wrap things up really well, but still a little inconsistent through its story about the Time Tunnel thing.

Bizon never knew when to give up, but they sent him awat to another time, until that ending scene...

Yep the Zogilia has been defeated once again, though they have plan some revenge for their new leader...

8/10, Still needs more episodes, not enough material of the show and needs more character development for the side characters. Also for the coupling mechs felt weird but I got used to it after episode 2.

I await you season 2...

Apr 1, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2012
Last few episode got really interesting. The action they deliver is really entertaining in my opinion. Overall it was an okay series. It took some time to take off, but since we are getting a second season, I'm looking forward to see what Darth Vader Bizon is planning. A decent mecha show, I'm waiting for next season. 6/10
Apr 1, 2014 2:20 PM
Nov 2013
I really really enjoyed the show, but I've got a question, I hope you dont think I'm stupid for asking this:

So, Hina was in a infinite timeloop to safe Aoba to not getting killed, but how did it actually happen? In the beginning, Hina and Aoba were in the same zone, then during some fight Bizon went to the past and killed Aoba there, so Hina also went into the past to stop Bizon?! After that Hina in the past always let's Aoba go to the future to change the "timeloop" from happening endlessly? So what about the Chibi Hina without memories? I don't get this part.
Apr 1, 2014 3:19 PM

Apr 2012
and, Bizon's still alive. Damn.
Only thing that came out of his mouth is "HINAAA" in a very angry voice. Poor dude, he went from a fairly decent guy to a psycho.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Apr 2011
Let's face it, this anime was bad, a farce of a mecha anime.. Why make 2nd season to this =|
Apr 1, 2014 7:19 PM
Dec 2012
Homm said:
Let's face it, this anime was bad, a farce of a mecha anime.. Why make 2nd season to this =|
For mecha lovers yes it might be bad. For sci-fi and mystery lovers it's great. 2nd season because there're more who like it rather than not.

I myself love it - and I can clearly see why people hate it because at times I want to throw a chair @ the monitor. But overall I enjoyed it and season 1 ended on a great end. I'm actually more surprised that there're less people complaining about this anime and more of the ones excited about theories.
Apr 1, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2008
personally I am more than satisfied that this show didn't end in Yaoi bullshit
Apr 1, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2013
I think this is the first time I saw an anime NTR another character and Aoba wasn't even trying. Things will be interesting next season.
Apr 1, 2014 9:33 PM

Jan 2011
Wasn't bad. You didn't fail terribly Sunrise. I'll watch the next season.
Apr 1, 2014 9:36 PM

Sep 2007
Raiyden said:
I really really enjoyed the show, but I've got a question, I hope you dont think I'm stupid for asking this:

So, Hina was in a infinite timeloop to safe Aoba to not getting killed, but how did it actually happen? In the beginning, Hina and Aoba were in the same zone, then during some fight Bizon went to the past and killed Aoba there, so Hina also went into the past to stop Bizon?! After that Hina in the past always let's Aoba go to the future to change the "timeloop" from happening endlessly? So what about the Chibi Hina without memories? I don't get this part.

Chibi Hina with no memories is a result of Hina and Aoba gettign sent into the future. Although arriving at different times than Aoba, she gets thrown into an earlier future where she already exists and I can only assume both of her existences clashed with each other. Her memories get wiped, she gets picked up by Ryazan and the cycle continues until now where it gets broken.
Apr 1, 2014 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
i didn't really liked this anime at the start, but good thing i still continued to watch it...things got quite interesting at the end...looking forward for season 2...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Apr 1, 2014 10:22 PM
Oct 2011
Excellent post jenchiuk. :)

Really enjoyed this season.
Apr 1, 2014 11:13 PM

Apr 2010
Give this show a 6/10. For me, that's not bad: it's still above average, though to be honest it was the last episode that gave this show the push it needed to transcend the 5/10 zone.

Really, I was watching for two reasons: Hina is really pretty, and the time travel mystery kept driving me onward. But other than that, the rest just wasn't memorable. Soundtrack was bland, mech designs were boring, and there were a lot of wasted characters. The other pilots fighting with Dio & Aoba were sidelined so hard it was laughable. I swear Fromm only exists just so the producers could say "Hey guys, look, we got Kaji Yuuki here!"

The Zogilia side was actually more interesting. Alfried kept emitting so many Durandal vibes I almost started wishing it was Shuichi Ikeda voicing him. That political officer chick was also intriguing but didn't amount to much. And the Zogilia pilots besides Hina & Bizon also got sidelined hard, just like the guys on the good guy side.

So in conclusion, nothing really special here besides the time travel mystery. I might give S2 a shot. I still liked Valvrave better. Yeah, yeah, come at me bro.
Apr 1, 2014 11:48 PM
Jul 2013
Holmes15 said:
I think this is the first time I saw an anime NTR another character and Aoba wasn't even trying. Things will be interesting next season.

No, he wasn't NTR'd because Hina never loved him to begin with.
Apr 2, 2014 1:14 AM

Jan 2011
HINAA!!!!! damn just when i thought Bizon fianlly died he became darth vader to seek out his revenge on Aoba

somehow amazed and slightly glad this is getting a s2 found this season quite lackluster besides the end plus it left to many questions unanswered for this to be just 13episodes especially for a mech series

maybe we'll actually find out who the hell half the people in the end cards were
Apr 2, 2014 3:14 AM

Oct 2013
7.5/10, 7 on mal :p Fairly enjoyed this series and looking forward to the next season.
Apr 2, 2014 5:07 AM

Oct 2013
I felt like I was watching a rape scene during the last fight of this episode.

Bizon was the rapist,Hina the victim and Aoba the hero whom Hina "accepted".

Did anyone else see it like that or is my mind that perverted?

6/10 - would've been a 5 but I was amused by all the sexual innuendos throughout the series,especially this last one.
Apr 2, 2014 1:05 PM

Feb 2011
I thought the ending would bring the show back to square one at first , glad it didn't.

Looking forward for more Sunrise madness in season 2 ^w^

8/10
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2013

218 by aleinam »»
Mar 8, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

153 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:13 PM

» Why does this feel like it should have been longer? (Potential spoilers)

Damolisher - Nov 1, 2021

2 by Damolisher »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

78 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

91 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.