3It was OK
13.7%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.3
430 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2008 12:10 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RAW is out! Actually I though they would include the fight with Kaori but turns it they took their time to make IT REALLY GOOD the healing process, the explanation about INdex and Necrosarius, the organization after her as being a 1000 year old magic society.

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:19 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 18, 2008 12:21 PM

Sep 2008
ummm where did you find these subs all I see are raws.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 18, 2008 12:35 PM

Jul 2008
Jigero said:
ummm where did you find these subs all I see are raws.
My bad too busy! :P Later. Watch the RAW is good!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 19, 2008 7:53 AM

Dec 2007
heh next episode is here and i am still happy that this anime is airing :P......i didnt realy get it when index was teling that sensei shouldnt use magic any more.....mages arent humans? other worlds? i dont know but are mages difrent from normal people? i looking forward to next episode it looks like this anime will be filled with lots of good fights....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Oct 19, 2008 8:29 AM

Jul 2008
Salathiel said:
heh next episode is here and i am still happy that this anime is airing :P......i didnt realy get it when index was teling that sensei shouldnt use magic any more.....mages arent humans? other worlds? i dont know but are mages difrent from normal people? i looking forward to next episode it looks like this anime will be filled with lots of good fights....

Most likely she is referring to the responsibilities it may have on you in the long run. I KNOW CAUSE I DO MAGIC! There are consequences, of course of black magic they are far worse than white magic.

Something to add after seeing subs....

The whole concept of associations within associations is a true reflection of how the Vatican does things. There are truly associations within associations in the Vatican but also other factions not only to Church and Christian religion related.

IN England particularly Magic has been there longer than other countries however although the development is the most impressive in the magical history, it is ot the most ancient! The most ancient comes from the 5000BC era around the Babylonian/Mesopotamian continent that the TRUE MAGIC in reality flourished. TOO BAD most record were lost there and the most ancient ones......THAT OS SUMER AND BABYLON have been lost for the most part.

Figure why Index mentions as much as 103 000 TOMES...means most likely that vast knowledge has vast destruction if not contained.
angel999Oct 19, 2008 10:36 AM
Oct 19, 2008 10:26 AM

Apr 2008
Another great episode. To Aru Majutsu no Index is my favourite anime this autumn.

So Sensei and Index really are adults. The age thing in this show is sometimes irritating, but I liked the scene, when Touma said, that he would never do anything love related with Index and she bit him for that. :)

Oct 19, 2008 10:48 AM

Feb 2008
what was with that smirk the angel gave? i thought it was gonna go berserk
Oct 19, 2008 12:07 PM

May 2007
Ah, this anime has been a pleasant surprise for me. It's getting pretty good.And I never would have thought Index was a biter. ^_^

Oh, and Kanzaki is totally one gorgeous looking chick. Totally droolworthy. =P

Another week where they leave it at a good cliffhanger.
Oct 19, 2008 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
Index is sweet when angry ;] But what's with the biting ^^
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 19, 2008 12:55 PM

Sep 2007
Meh episode

Oct 19, 2008 1:38 PM

Jul 2008
Silaqui said:
Another great episode. To Aru Majutsu no Index is my favourite anime this autumn.

So Sensei and Index really are adults. The age thing in this show is sometimes irritating, but I liked the scene, when Touma said, that he would never do anything love related with Index and she bit him for that. :)

For your answer:
Oct 19, 2008 3:45 PM

Aug 2008
I have to apologize beforehand but i guess i'll be saying this after every single episode: I LOVE THE OP!!

This ep was a bit different, but superb nevertheless. Index was super cute and oh my! she bites! I love this show, can't wait for a week!!

EXTREMELY MINDBLOWING EPIC BATTLE -> this way -> next week
Oct 19, 2008 3:50 PM

Jul 2008
YungInfamouz said:
angel999 said:
Silaqui said:

For your answer:

"THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE."

you're not suppose to say any spoilers beyond this episode you should delete that shit right now.

good episode next one looks good too

It was just a favor. I know I am not supposed to.
Oct 19, 2008 3:58 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
With Komoe-sensei and Index, there was an overdose of cuteness in this episode! Loved it :D

vindemon64 said:
Ah, this anime has been a pleasant surprise for me. It's getting pretty good.And I never would have thought Index was a biter. ^_^

Oh, and Kanzaki is totally one gorgeous looking chick. Totally droolworthy. =P
Agreed! I don't know how Kanzaki walks around in those jeans though. How uncomfortable that would be, one full pant leg and one short. Is that supposed to be a fashion statement or is there a practical reason for it? Well... aside from making guys drool xP

angel999 said:
I KNOW CAUSE I DO MAGIC!
XDDDD

KinetaOct 19, 2008 4:43 PM
Oct 19, 2008 4:18 PM

Aug 2008
Kineta said:
I don't know how Kanzaki walks around in those jeans though. How uncomfortable that would be, one full pant leg and one short. Is that supposed to be a fashion statement or is there a practical reason for it? Well... aside from making guys drool xP

There is only one simple reason: it makes her look totally badass!

Kineta said:
angel999 said:
I KNOW CAUSE I DO MAGIC!
XDDDD
Oh you don't know the half of it.. Angel does some pretty wicked s**t! Being at all places defying the laws of space and time is just some side-activity to pass boredom.
Oct 19, 2008 4:35 PM

Sep 2008
it was an ok episode
I really love the animation

TOUMA LOOKS LIKE IKKI FROM AIR GEAR!!
Oct 19, 2008 7:22 PM
Dec 2007
Komoe-sensei so moe~

Need more.
Oct 19, 2008 9:23 PM

May 2007
I love Index's multiple personalities. At one time, she's a genius with thousands of majutsu knowledge, and the other time she's a kawaii loli nun from English church. Very charming and kawaii <3

The katana onna finally arrived and she got a real tight fashion style I must say.... and lots of hair. I didn't feel the "Itou Shizuka" in her as she play villain with more serious tone, but this character should be badass nevertheless.

Can't wait for episode 4.
Oct 19, 2008 10:12 PM

Mar 2008
so damn Moe <3
Bunny Girl Index XD

The last part reminds of a fuusetzu from SHana (I think that's how you spell it)
Oct 19, 2008 10:39 PM

May 2007
Vin-nii said:
The last part reminds of a fuusetzu from SHana (I think that's how you spell it)
Ah yeah, the seal. Except everybody disappeared instead of closed space where everybody freezes.

Shakugan no Shana elements came to my mind a couple times when watching the first ep.
Oct 19, 2008 11:47 PM

Jul 2008
Kvakond said:
Kineta said:
I don't know how Kanzaki walks around in those jeans though. How uncomfortable that would be, one full pant leg and one short. Is that supposed to be a fashion statement or is there a practical reason for it? Well... aside from making guys drool xP

There is only one simple reason: it makes her look totally badass!

Kineta said:
angel999 said:
I KNOW CAUSE I DO MAGIC!
XDDDD
Oh you don't know the half of it.. Angel does some pretty wicked s**t! Being at all places defying the laws of space and time is just some side-activity to pass boredom.

Well you seem to somehow know something about what I might do, of course admitting about my things in religion is another mater. :P
Oct 20, 2008 1:12 AM

Aug 2008
Episode wasn't as good as ep 2, but I guess its worth the wait if theres more eps like ep 2 soon (hopefully next episode will be as good/better)...
Oct 20, 2008 1:41 AM

Feb 2008
Well that ending had a Shana feeling. New girl's jeans are sooo awesome, I used to have one like that but now I can't get into them no more... Too many hours watching anime and doing nothing else.

I loved background music in this episode. Can't wait for the soundtrack.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2008 3:06 AM

Jun 2008
Waiting for eclipse. :3

EDIT: It's out... o,o
Oct 20, 2008 3:16 AM

Apr 2008
well that was obviously a less exciting episode but that doesnt matter because it was still very interesting, Cute loli teacher and bunny suit Index was win xD

anyway looking forward to the up comming fight with teh blade chick

(this might have been much better if my videos Audio,Video, and subtitles were actually in sync with each other >.>)
Oct 20, 2008 3:50 AM

Jan 2008
Pretty good episode. Lol at the buttons, "the location of your beer cans" XD
Oct 20, 2008 4:15 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't understand some of the scenes, like when Index and Touma are talking in Komoe's room, and when they're talking on the way to the bath. I didn't understand the character's reactions or what they were saying, really. I start to lose interest when I can't follow the dialogue like that. Can anyone explain a bit?
Oct 20, 2008 4:24 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Awsomoe. Loved the interactions between Loli sensei and Index, as well as between Touma and Index of course. Can't wait for more. The new "enemy" looks interesting as well and judging from the OP, we should get a few nice battles involving her.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 20, 2008 4:39 AM

Feb 2008
Another good episode. Moe overload.

Looking forward to the battle next episode.
Oct 20, 2008 5:03 AM

Apr 2008
They made the healing look soooo cool!
Index is so kawaii <3 I love the fact that she bites him when she's mad
Uuh Kaori looks awsome, I'm looking forward to the fight
Oct 20, 2008 6:19 AM
Jul 2018
I really like the character quirks. I swear, Touma probably likes being bitten, because it's too cute every time Index does it.
Oct 20, 2008 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
Sheepdude said:
I didn't understand some of the scenes, like when Index and Touma are talking in Komoe's room, and when they're talking on the way to the bath. I didn't understand the character's reactions or what they were saying, really. I start to lose interest when I can't follow the dialogue like that. Can anyone explain a bit?

Most of the talking has to do with explanations on this episode. Ask more precise questions and I can provide you info based on my background.
Oct 20, 2008 7:18 AM

Jul 2008
Hand > Sword? That'll make for an interesting fight.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 20, 2008 7:21 AM

Mar 2008
I don't understand why Index gets upset in this scene:

Same for the scene before in Komoe's apartment when she bites Touma.
Oct 20, 2008 8:45 AM

Dec 2007
Kaori's character design is great. Looking forward to the two of them meeting.
And I just have to compliment the animation. That summoned angel was done well.
Oct 20, 2008 8:59 AM

Apr 2008
Sheepdude said:
I don't understand why Index gets upset in this scene:

Same for the scene before in Komoe's apartment when she bites Touma.

She's upset, because...

...at least that's the way I understand it.
Oct 20, 2008 10:00 AM

Aug 2008
So, finally a (kinda) explanation of why the teacher looks like a kid. Seems she can adjust her biological clock.

Next ep looks like it will have another awesome battle, but not quite so epic as the last.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 20, 2008 10:12 AM

Jan 2007
Man, Index is just a bundle of moe <3
Oct 20, 2008 1:00 PM

Jul 2008
This episode had a completely different pacing from what I was expecting. Oh well, at least I know what I'm getting the next episode. That lolifest in the beginning seemed overwhelming.
Oct 20, 2008 1:05 PM

Jul 2008
awesome!
Index is so cute and childish :3

poor Magnus, so depressed TT_TT

Oct 20, 2008 1:26 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
Salathiel said:

Most likely she is referring to the responsibilities it may have on you in the long run. I KNOW CAUSE I DO MAGIC! There are consequences, of course of black magic they are far worse than white magic.

Have you learned to cast Meteor yet? Maybe Ultima!? If not black magic, you're surely to be a white mage? You must know how to cast simple spells like Cure and Esuna, right!? What about the all-great white spell that is Holy?

That aside, they stuck a lot of moe into this episode. Other than that, it was a decent episode. Definitely looking forward to Kaori kicking some ass. She's hot stuff.
WasabiOct 20, 2008 1:35 PM
Oct 20, 2008 1:28 PM

Sep 2007
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
Salathiel said:

Have you learned to cast Meteor yet? Maybe Ultima!? If not black magic, you're surely to be a white mage? You must know how to cast simple spells like Cure and Esuna, right!? What about the all-great white spell that is Holy?

Do you think he's learned to make a fuzetsu yet? It's such basic magic.
Oct 20, 2008 2:53 PM

Aug 2007
Looks like J.C. Staff is taking their time on this arc. Hopefully this volume in the novel will last for at least 5 episodes.

So Touma is the pedo, Index has the pedo-body, and sensei is the loli...Jail-bait all around for our protagonist! xD
Oct 20, 2008 3:08 PM

Jul 2007
Riah said:
I really like the character quirks. I swear, Touma probably likes being bitten, because it's too cute every time Index does it.

no matter how cute the biter is, it'll hurt. srsly . unless you're a masochist.

this is one of the best shows evar. i hope they do the railgun sidestory as an ova though :P i kinda like seeing her :P
Oct 20, 2008 4:06 PM

Jul 2008
OMG This is a series that tagged me....... I will stick to this :)

Oct 20, 2008 4:17 PM

Nov 2006
I am thoroughly enjoying this.
Oct 20, 2008 6:17 PM

Apr 2007
nice episode, I'm curious about Kaori.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 20, 2008 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
Just watched Eclipse's sub.
A slow-paced episode, but at least they managed to explain a few things about the plot's background. I look forward to the next episode's fight! ;3
PS: Kaori's hot xD
Oct 20, 2008 7:48 PM

Sep 2007
Moe Index is moe. Also want more Kanzaki =D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

147 by ooospooky »»
May 26, 12:01 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 13, 2008

126 by nsmoralesrojas07 »»
May 19, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

75 by Rigatoni96 »»
Apr 29, 1:35 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

280 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 9:09 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

darkxdestiny - Mar 12, 2009

142 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.