Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2009 12:32 AM

Apr 2009
...Ok, I'm gonna get mad. I downloaded the freaking .mkv file. What the fuck is matroska? XD Lol.
But GOD BLESS ME, I found a better translation x___X Yesss. I'm gonna watch it and expect me in 24 minutes to come fangirling over Ling x)

EDIT:
Ok, I couldn't squeal because my sister was in the same room Dx Damn.
I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't show Winry's chainsaw scene xP That was a freaking hilarious panel. But Ling more than makes up for it, especially when he opens his eyes x3
Miyano does a great job...yet I can't help but think of Tamaki (Ouran High School Host Club, same seiyuu) xD And the 'I'll follow you everywhere!-glomp-' scene didn't help (everyone who watched the 'my best friend' Kyouya/Tamaki scene knows what I'm talking about XD)
And Ling in the ED *__* Yum-my.

That new opening is nice, but the first one was better. I didn't really think anything of the ending...except that the first one was nicer xD Lol.
CenedessJul 15, 2009 1:16 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 15, 2009 1:29 AM

Dec 2007
Ran fan and the little panda are so cute xD
By the looks of it, scar my be a fan of tiny animals lol

Jul 15, 2009 2:22 AM

May 2008
Miyano mamoru as Ling ;3
Paku Romi screaming <3

Now I can die in peace xD

Jul 15, 2009 8:26 AM
Jul 2008
I must keep reading Manga N.N Catch up to this arc and c why everyone is so hyped up about the new characters. I think they'r pretty funni though xD, wanna keep watching (Scar ftw!)
Jul 15, 2009 8:30 AM

Aug 2008
ok, what can I say, the new opening was great, really hints at many things to come...

Mei's intro - Its a shame they skipped the mine scenes, but really there would be no way to fit everything in one episode otherwise so i can live with that.

Riza's and Barry's scene - well done, shame they couldn't prolong it a little bit more (telephone scene)

Ling's intro - great, faithful to the manga and honestly I love how they revised the whole geography discussion (background scene against the drawing on the sand from the manga) it was much clearer.

Fight - nice, I love how they handled the 'acrobatics', glad they didnt skip the 'rope catch' scene, overall very smooth and coherent, loved the costume design (found it strange that the 'ropes' were white but its cool)

Ran Fan :3

rabbit trap >.<

Overall Im very pleased with how it turned out, next time it seems we delve deeper into the conspiracy...
Jul 15, 2009 10:50 AM

Dec 2008
I liked the new opening :D

And I didn't really like Ling in the manga, but I might start liking him. Good to see that it's finally going with the manga now.
Jul 15, 2009 12:19 PM

Jan 2009
Hi, I'm being inconsiderate by not reading anything posted before, watching some other series atm ^^,
so, at last we're deviating a little from the original anime, hurray
and Ling is effin' awesome xD
and Winry is as scary as ever when Ed brakes his arm.. yet another time xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 15, 2009 1:37 PM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:
and Ling is effin' awesome xD

DAMN RIGHT HE IS, high-five! :D

...Once again, I won't shut up about the Win that is Ling. xD Sooorry.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 15, 2009 6:09 PM

Mar 2008
YaY subs from Eclipse are out :D

I was waiting for Ling and Mei to make an anime appearance and they were very cool and the voices are very well done.

Cenedess said:

I totally agree :D.

One a side-note: why are they skipping all of the cool jokes from Mustang?? The part with Barry the Chopper was very funny in the manga.
Jul 15, 2009 6:22 PM

Jun 2007
Am I the only one that found Ling annoying? When I first saw his character in the OP I was hopping for a laid back guy that was semi-serious. I'm a bit disappointed that he's your typical happy go lucky nut case. Other then that and the jumping around, the episode was good.
Jul 15, 2009 7:22 PM

Jul 2008
Whoever's choosing what and what not to cut from the manga must not like Royai very much because I saw lack of Royai that should've been there. >>

But Ling kinda makes up for it. :3
Jul 15, 2009 7:39 PM

Oct 2007
I'm so glad that Ling and his followers should up :D

I'm looking forward to the next episode where it plays the best part ever
Jul 15, 2009 8:00 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode, glad they added the new character which I have not seen before, should really read the manga lol.
Loving the new chars. looks great so far.
Great op and ed, will miss Yui - Again, though.
Jul 15, 2009 8:27 PM

Apr 2009
DeathfireD said:
Am I the only one that found Ling annoying? When I first saw his character in the OP I was hopping for a laid back guy that was semi-serious. I'm a bit disappointed that he's your typical happy go lucky nut case. Other then that and the jumping around, the episode was good.

For the beginning half, he's mostly the crazy, fainting awesome guy. He has a more serious side to his personality though and it shows more and more as time goes by. Can't say much more about him without revealing spoilers, but he's not just the typical nut, lol.
Jul 15, 2009 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
I kind of didn't like this episode.

Not a fan of the little girl and her pet panda.
It's weird that a guy they kind of breezed over a couple of episodes ago seems to be much more important.
Barry's appearance and Roy and Riza seemed totally inconsequential in the way it was presented.
Fight scene was abnormally heavy.
Ling is a little annoying.

On the good side though, Al has a power up, and Miyano Mamorou is always a welcome addition to any cast.
Jul 15, 2009 9:35 PM

Apr 2008
So that was Ling Yao...
Jul 15, 2009 9:45 PM
May 2008
Great way to introduce Ling imo... and overall very nice episode... but it is kind of hard to live up to the previous episode. The action scenes were really nice as well... all around enjoyable episode.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 15, 2009 10:32 PM

Nov 2008
i love ling and ran fan xD........liked the new op.....skipped the ed cuz looked dumb lol

why did they change xiao mei to may chang!!! :(

ling's voice is perfect lol.....i dont get why they had the background speech now.....instead of in central with al and winry in the manga

wish they'd kept the telephone scene

i too wont shut up about ling lol
Jul 15, 2009 10:36 PM

Oct 2008
As someone who didn't watch much of the original series, the new characters are interesting, but I felt the episode wasn't that great. The new OP and ED were also decent, but not stellar. It felt like something was lacking for the whole episode.
Jul 15, 2009 10:39 PM

Oct 2007
I fucking love this Ling dude.

Oh and the new OP is cool. I wish they had really awesome OPs like the first FMA did though (L'arc-en-ciel and Asian Kung-fu Generation were amazing.)

Jul 15, 2009 10:42 PM

Apr 2009
Miertje86 said:
Cenedess said:

I totally agree :D.

One a side-note: why are they skipping all of the cool jokes from Mustang?? The part with Barry the Chopper was very funny in the manga.

-sniff- Thank you, I'm so moved :D
And yes, I completely agree - they shouldn't have cut this scene out Dx

DeathfireD said:

Hm, I don't intend to be spoilerific, but this much I can tell you: he's a Crouching Moron Hidden Badass.

suigetsu00 said:
why did they change xiao mei to may chang!!! :(l

Aren't you mixing up May and her panda? May Chang has always been May Chang, her panda's name has always been Xiao Mei :D

suigetsu00 said:
i too wont shut up about ling lo

Yessss. Join our cult! We need more people o.o

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 15, 2009 11:46 PM

Sep 2008
ok this episode was... how shoud i say it , unexpected in a ot of ways, at least for someone ike me who hasnt read the manga
-al whit out transmutation circle was unexpected
-scar reaction to the panda WTF!?
-handsome elric
etc...too many surprises for me
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 16, 2009 12:05 AM

Oct 2007
Scar wanted to touch that PANDA XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Jul 16, 2009 12:06 AM

Jan 2009
Ling was great in this ep and the street fight was awesome too! Loved the new OP and ED. The ED was particularly nice.

So Scar and Ed are both traveling to Central eh? It all comes together now.

Jul 16, 2009 12:16 AM

Apr 2009
Painaholic said:

I know, what was THAT about? XD

Zero_r2 said:
-al whit out transmutation circle was unexpected

I remember, when I read that chapter in which he remembers the Gate, I was like 'So...what does that mean...O.O Ohwait, Al just got a power up!'
and I couldn't wait for him to use alchemy without the circle. So awesome x3 I don't know why, but for me Al > Ed.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 16, 2009 1:04 AM

Jul 2007
Episodes are becoming very interesting & entertaining to watch now that it is fully onto new manga material.

Quite enjoyed this episode, and not having read the manga was introduced to a whole heap of new characters which spiced it all up for me.

Not very happy about the new OP, with the previous being my favorite from any anime to date, but alas it had to happen eventually.

~
Jul 16, 2009 1:23 AM

Feb 2009
The series are becoming, better and better...

The op was full of spoilers
Jul 16, 2009 1:29 AM

Apr 2009
Frenz said:
Not very happy about the new OP, with the previous being my favorite from any anime to date, but alas it had to happen eventually.
~

Yeah, it's one of my all-time favourites, too...But hey, the new one isn't bad :) (doesn't compare though xP)

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 16, 2009 3:38 AM

May 2009
Kinda miss the old OP and ED, but the current ones are nice too. Nice job with the new character introductions. The pacing does seem much improved.
Jul 16, 2009 4:08 AM

Jul 2007
Cenedess said:
Painaholic said:

There was a certain data table published in the databook of manga.

Certain characters are "weak" against certain animals.

Scar and Al are weak against cats
Scar is weak against cats and pandas
Ed is weak against dogs
Hawkeye is strong against cats and dogs.
Jul 16, 2009 5:22 AM

Apr 2008
new op and end .. cool~

Jul 16, 2009 5:29 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:
Cenedess said:
Painaholic said:

Scar and Al are weak against cats
Ed is weak against dogs
Hawkeye is strong against cats and dogs.

Whoa, I never got to see that o.o Thanks for sharing!
(I'm weak against pandas, too x3 My favourite animals.)

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 16, 2009 5:50 AM

Jan 2008
Fai said:
Cenedess said:
Painaholic said:

So I was the only one who thought he wanted to kill the panda.
Jul 16, 2009 6:00 AM

May 2008
zomg some new characters haha , i tink ill get used to Ling

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 16, 2009 6:16 AM

Apr 2009
ntHai said:
Fai said:
Cenedess said:
Painaholic said:

xDD Such dark thoughts. You see, no one here ever suspected ANYONE of wanting to kill a panda. It's a well-known fact that pandas are unkillable.
(Do NOT come here and tell me you're a panda hunter, I'll slaughter you.)

greenmush said:
zomg some new characters haha , i tink ill get used to Ling

Get used to? You'll love him. :D

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 16, 2009 8:50 AM

Feb 2008
ntHai said:
Fai said:
Cenedess said:
Painaholic said:

Don't worry. I'm assumed the same thing and now after rewatching it, it was kinda obvious that he has a thing for weird alien pandas.

Kinda like Ling.
Jul 16, 2009 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
I knew that Ling Xao was being voiced by Miyano Mamoru the second I heard him. Boring episode for me.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 16, 2009 8:54 AM

May 2007
Oooh. New characters look awesome. :D Esp Ling with Miyano Mamoru's voice.

Jul 16, 2009 8:58 AM

Mar 2009
This episode had some great moments.
Ling seems to be a great new character.

And Al performing alchemy without the transmutation circle was a great development.
Jul 16, 2009 9:05 AM

May 2008
Good GOD the opening and ending themes are wonderful. <33

All in all, it was an okay episode. I just can't wait till they animate the part with Ed seeing Hoheniem again <3

Jul 16, 2009 9:37 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Decent episode. Though I liked the previous OP and ED better. Let's see what this arc has in store for us.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 16, 2009 9:46 AM

Jan 2008
Liked the episode, and Ling reminds me of Xellos. You know you're supposed to hate him, but you love him nonetheless. I've looked up the name of his seiyuu, but nothing really pops up as recognizable to me. I mean, I've watched a few episodes of each one, but nothing really stayed with me.

A few scenes were taken out, but I've gotten used to that by now when it comes to anime and manga.

I loved Ed's reaction to Al being awesome now. XD But what I don't know is what Ed wrote in blood afterwards when he collapsed on the ground. Anyone catch that?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 16, 2009 10:09 AM

Dec 2008
kevin_video said:
Liked the episode, and Ling reminds me of Xellos. You know you're supposed to hate him, but you love him nonetheless. I've looked up the name of his seiyuu, but nothing really pops up as recognizable to me. I mean, I've watched a few episodes of each one, but nothing really stayed with me.

A few scenes were taken out, but I've gotten used to that by now when it comes to anime and manga.

I loved Ed's reaction to Al being awesome now. XD But what I don't know is what Ed wrote in blood afterwards when he collapsed on the ground. Anyone catch that?
:O...you...you don't know who miyano mamoru is :(? *heart breaks..*

According to Eclipse's subs it says "Brother's dignity" - quick advice, you should watch their subs they are pretty good :)
Jul 16, 2009 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
kevin_video said:

According to Eclipse's subs it says "Brother's dignity" - quick advice, you should watch their subs they are pretty good :)
Oh, what're you doing here? : O
: D
and yeah, just gonna agree to Eclipse being pretty good, one of the better imo actually : p

OH AND BTW kevin_video, how can you Not know Miyano Mamoru? : O
he's behind alot of great characters O.O like Light (Death Note), Setsuna (Gundam 00), Death the Kid (Soul Eater) and Kyrie (World Destruction) ;_;
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 16, 2009 10:29 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
kevin_video said:

I'm everywhere. You better watch your back. *evil smiles*
Jul 16, 2009 10:30 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
kevin_video said:

I'm everywhere. You better watch your back. *evil smiles*
oh my : o *cowers in fear*
so.. have you read the FMA manga too then?xD
Jul 16, 2009 10:34 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
lol no XD..I never planned to..but I might. Just not now...three more days TT___TT!!
Jul 16, 2009 10:37 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
lol no XD..I never planned to..but I might. Just not now...three more days TT___TT!!
there you go again about those 3 days : 3
and I wonder if I should start reading manga again.. haven't done that in quite some time now xD
Jul 16, 2009 11:08 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
and I wonder if I should start reading manga again.. haven't done that in quite some time now xD
I just want to be done :(...

You should, lotsa interesting manga out there
Jul 16, 2009 11:10 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
I just want to be done :(...

You should, lotsa interesting manga out there
well yeah I know : P put a bunch of manga from a bunch of anime that I've seen in Plan to read, since I guess they Might tell some more that the different animes don't : p

hmm btw.. you think this is annoying for others reading this thread about FMA-Brotherhood ep 15? since it IS actually a little off topic : D
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

966 by Sa8119ra »»
Yesterday, 3:18 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

134 by LockHowl »»
May 3, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeviantKaos - Apr 25, 2010

332 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Apr 12, 2009

361 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 2, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

618 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 2, 3:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.