Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Go Octobro! What an awesome character.

Looks like Zeno meets Gon this episode. Well this is kinda interesting. Knuckles is also pretty awesome. I don't blame Meleoron for being teary eyes and nervous this episode though. Hell, I'd be too if I was in his shoes.

Also is it just me or does Welfin's attack look like Metalgarurumon?
I'm ready for Gon vs. Pitou. This should be intense especially with that look in his eyes.
Feb 4, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2013
^^ So Gon didn't get to see Pitou in this episode?
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 4, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
^^ So Gon didn't get to see Pitou in this episode?

He saw him or rather he arrived at where he was.
Feb 4, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
Maybe the worst episode since the beginning of HxH xD

But next episode will be great that's for sure ^^
Feb 4, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2011
Episode was meh and that's being extremely generous. This is why I have gripes with Chimera Ant, it's the most inconsistent from episode to episode just like it was from chapter to chapter. First time in awhile I can say I was thoroughly disappointed at the end of an episode.
Feb 4, 2014 10:44 AM

Jan 2014
It's not out yet is it?

Anyway I read a comment on another forum that implied that they are deliberately delaying all Gon scenes from the last 2 epsidoes to next episode which is supposed to have a good animation team or something...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2014 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
Pariston_Hill said:

That's what I've been saying for 3 weeks.
Feb 4, 2014 11:07 AM

Feb 2012
GalekC said:
No, I don't think that's the case.

Maybe they chose to delay Gon's scenes for another reason.

But the facts are:
- They have delayed Gon's scenes, changing the order of events. Otherwise, it would have been this week.
- Judging by the preview, next week the animation director is Tomoko Mori, the best this anime has.

So, I don't think that theory is so wrong.
Feb 4, 2014 11:11 AM
Sep 2013
If this episode ends up being terrible then I had a feeling it would (given Galek's prediction about this episode's content last week). Switching the scenes like this and saving the Gon scenes for later can really fuck up the pacing. It limits the no of pages they can adapt to 29 since the events afterwards entail Gon's encounter with Pitou to be covered first. We may be in for another episode 113, sigh.
Feb 4, 2014 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
"Palm is a friend of a friend, that makes her a friend"

I wish this logic worked on Facebook.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2014 11:19 AM

Apr 2013
LeosApathy said:
Pariston_Hill said:

That's what I've been saying for 3 weeks.

Last 4 episodes were very good imo especially 112 & 114

this episode was only the bad one because they changed the order of events putting only the boring but necessary scenes in it

but next episode will be great judging by the preview and what I know will happen especially if it was done by Tomoko Mori
Feb 4, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2012
Okayish episode, liked to hear about wolf dudes abilities. I hope shoot doesn't die :(
And also get in there knuckles!!
Next episode seems like its going to be more fun
Feb 4, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2011
This episode didn't even cover 2 chapters
Are you serious madhouse
Feb 4, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
Salce said:
GalekC said:
No, I don't think that's the case.

Maybe they chose to delay Gon's scenes for another reason.

But the facts are:
- They have delayed Gon's scenes, changing the order of events. Otherwise, it would have been this week.
- Judging by the preview, next week the animation director is Tomoko Mori, the best this anime has.

So, I don't think that theory is so wrong.
Never mind, I thought we were in for an outsourced one, since...

Not to say I'm dissatisfied with what they'll have to do.

But, this episode felt far more slow & less intense than I thought it would be...darn it!
GalekCFeb 4, 2014 11:41 AM
Feb 4, 2014 11:39 AM

Jan 2013
Damn this episode was purely epic . I had goose bumps in the end of the episode . I hope Shoot survives , Knuckle is epic , Meleoron is such a good character . Anyways , this episode was 5/5 . HXH truly deserves to be the best shonen anime .
Feb 4, 2014 11:41 AM
Sep 2013
Pariston_Hill said:

this episode was only the bad one because they changed the order of events putting only the boring but necessary scenes in it

but next episode will be great judging by the preview and what I know will happen especially if it was done by Tomoko Mori

Well that's pretty damn stupid IMO, those Gon vs Pitou scenes require little animation. It would've been better to save those chapters for the Koreans instead of messing up the balance between scenes (exciting and boring but necessary) and the pacing. Oh well, next week should be extremely beast at least. I hope Madhouse pulls this off decently and it isn't as bad as ftb and you have said.
Feb 4, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Go Ikalgo!! show them all and save Palm bro.
Gon's stare at the end alone probably killed Pitou.Now lets go Ou vs Netero!...
Feb 4, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2012
Damn that ending, Gon is so fucking pissed off. I doubt he's going to wait until Pitou is finished healing the girl. I've never seen him with that kind of face before. And that dog-ant is totally loosing himself. It's fun watching him go mad, and that elevator delusion he had lmao. I couldn't stop laughing when Ikalgo said: "Once he suspects you he doesn't trust you again until you're dead". That's some major trust issues right there.

Holy shit!! And that preview to the next episode!! I can't wait!!!
AichiroFeb 4, 2014 11:51 AM
Feb 4, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep for me. I remember that there were a few chapters after the infiltration that dragged quite a bit so I'm ready for this, which is why I wasn't annoyed much.

Actually liking Welfin's character.

Too bad the talk with Zeno was really short. I wish they could have talked more. But oh well, situation doesn't allow.

Final steps Gon took and saw Pitou's were again the highlight of the ep. Dat RAPE FACE!!! Even stronger than last time.

Nxt ep the face and aura will be reaching another level :D Can't wait.
Pitou has some pants to shit in XD Loving how the animation looks in the pv ^^
Feb 4, 2014 11:48 AM

May 2013
I really hope we get to see Gon go up against Piitou next episode. Man Welfin is suspicious of everything.
Feb 4, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 2009
That preview...
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 4, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2011
ALL CHARACTERS ARE IMPORTANT:

GON EPIC
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 4, 2014 11:53 AM
Jul 2013
Wow Gon looks....scary. http://i.imgur.com/NEbBVqN.jpg
irtiza9169Feb 4, 2014 11:58 AM
Feb 4, 2014 12:02 PM

May 2013
They animated less then 2 chapters and left out the meat of one chapter. Pouf/Morel pages where animated last week, Gon/Pitou page is skipped and they dragged out Knuckle/Youpi and Meleoron/Welfin parts. The pacing was off and I couldn't enjoy the episode because of that. But I wonder if I would feel the same way if I didn't read the manga :\

Anyways Madhouse screwed over this episode animation team and sacrificed 115. I just hope that 116 will be worth it.

Also is it just me or did Zeno's voice sound a bit off?
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 4, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2011
irtiza9169 said:
Wow Gon looks....scary. http://i.imgur.com/NEbBVqN.jpg

EPIC

I'm just saying
Next Episode: Pitou Development
HXH does not follow the classical argument
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 4, 2014 12:20 PM
Sep 2011
It was a great episode guys. Why everyone is complaining ?
Feb 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I thought so too.
Feb 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
Wasn't the greatest ep, but I understand it's hard to tell everyone's story within a 20 minute time frame.

So in that respect, it wasn't that bad. Just not great.

Sidenote: Who gives a shit how many chapters are animated per episode? Honestly, there's a difference between being a manga reader, and being a manga douchebag. Most of the people who read the manga on this forum, are manga douchebags. You tools look at this show like it's a science, instead of enjoying what's actually happening.
Feb 4, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2012
that ending.. the look on gon's face , he's going super saiyan man ! XD

can't wait for next week's episode, the ending literally got me pumped up
Feb 4, 2014 12:26 PM
Dec 2013
Someone alert the authorities, because they're murdering this show.
Feb 4, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
I was wondering how would Knuckle be able to survive against youpi since shoot is a lot more fit to fight, glad they are doing a hit and run type of fight, good attention to details.

Although I gotta admit, Meleoron walking away looked dumb, almost as dumb as that Mouthless guy from the Hunter Exam.

Great voice acting by Shoot's VA, and it felt really sad that he got left like that.
This and the Welfen part, let's just say I'm really liking the mind games and how they are not dumbing this down to be mindless fights even in the climax, props to the writer.

"Welfen knew his power wasn't omnipotent, it was a mere tool", lines like these sell it for me.

Smart episode, with good character development for ones you least expect. 5 out of 5.
Feb 4, 2014 12:33 PM
Oct 2010
I understand they don't want to catch up with the manga too quickly, but this 10 seconds per episode pace is a tad bit too sluggish (on the other hand, you can really feel Knuckle's frustation XD)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 4, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2014
Ajunky said:
I understand they don't want to catch up with the manga too quickly, but this 10 seconds per episode pace is a tad bit too sluggish (on the other hand, you can really feel Knuckle's frustation XD)

As someone stated last episode, they are adapting 2-3 chapters, which is hardly not wanting to catch up. Furthermore, the Manga has been on hiatus for almost 2 years now, and they are already near the end, it doesn't take much to realize that they are indeed ending the show after catching up with the manga, so this whole "manga gap" concept is not there. Consider the manga has ended and now they are taking their own pace.
In other words, it's the manga that's depicting this 10-second thing. Also, why does it matter how much time this is? I mean the content of this episode is definitely proportional to its length.
Feb 4, 2014 12:38 PM
Oct 2013
holy shit.

shoot - ur one of my fav character. keep fighting.

knuckle - good lookin out bro

meloreon - the feels man. he wants to help but knows that in order to be of some assitance hes gotta leave

Gon - the ending was epic, how they played it silently, with only the music playing

for those constantly complaining, honestly i never understood these guys. honestly after a episode where i feel like it drags out or is slow, ill just kinda be not 100% satisfied with it but just finish it. my overall love for the series just lets it go. honestly do not understand ppl who go ape shit and analyze the flaws. dude, just watch it and enjoy it.

HxH IS THE SHIT
Feb 4, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2008
These episodes are stretched out beyond imagination. Another one spent on some characters moving a few hundred meters and rest not moving at all. I miss the pace from GI or other arcs. CA arc is so damn boring now with episodes consisting mostly of pointless narration and inner monologues. I'm sorry to say but it reminds me of Naruto Shippuuden right before I dropped it. I really hope next episode will have at least some action, since we haven't seen much of it lately. You can't really call Youpis flailing around and Shoot's flying around much of an action... Same goes for pretty much every other encounter in the palace.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 4, 2014 12:41 PM

Feb 2014
Good ep :) waiting for gon vs pitou and king vs netero :) we need patience now... 1 chapter for 1 episode? srsly so slow..

If i didnt read manga i will hope that fight with gon and pitou be in next one :(
Its about 10 episode at least.
Feb 4, 2014 12:42 PM
Oct 2013
Omg

Feb 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
miskos3 said:
Omg

Shadow the Hedgehog
Feb 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
Thought I was in the anime discussion thread not the manga one :S couldn't tell from some of the first page comments. The series is still just as good for me as it always has been. The only series I can complain about the pacing is One Piece. This show's pacing blows One Piece out of the water so be grateful for that.

Anyways I thought it was a great episode. Best part was when Meleoron had to leave Shoot while Shoot was crawling on the ground and then the OST came in. Got goosebumps from that scene.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Feb 4, 2014 12:46 PM

Feb 2013
GalekC said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I thought so too.

Zeno's voice was a little strange this episode.
Feb 4, 2014 12:51 PM

Mar 2012
That Gons black aura looks very close to those in SF 4.

And...
http://i.imgur.com/iQy3x9V.png
Feb 4, 2014 12:52 PM

Sep 2012
Mediocre episode that sums up well my biggest problem with this arc: Too much emphasis put on some characters nobody give a shit about.
Feb 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
I think this is the first middle finger I see in anime since..... Vegeta
Feb 4, 2014 12:56 PM
Oct 2013
SetsukoHara said:
Mediocre episode that sums up well my biggest problem with this arc: Too much emphasis put on some characters nobody give a shit about.
I think you see it that way because you watch it on weekly basis, if you were to watch an entire arc in one go, it wouldn't be a problem, imo.
Feb 4, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2011
Vogue- said:

Sidenote: Who gives a shit how many chapters are animated per episode? Honestly, there's a difference between being a manga reader, and being a manga douchebag. Most of the people who read the manga on this forum, are manga douchebags. You tools look at this show like it's a science, instead of enjoying what's actually happening.

Maybe this would be a viable argument had the episode not sucked eggs. Hard to enjoy something that is clearly poorly paced (even without knowledge of how many chapters were animated) and focuses primarily on the side... side characters in Ikalgo, Welfin and Meleoron. This isn't always a bad thing, mind you, but in this episode, it was.
Feb 4, 2014 1:15 PM
Oct 2011
judals said:
I think this is the first middle finger I see in anime since..... Vegeta
And it won't be the last.

OT:
A good episode. Wasn't that great, but the psychological stuff are pretty nice.

As for next episode, still worried about how they'll adapt it. Hopefully they'll do it well.

On a side note, Knuckle's nen ability is cute as fuck.
Candor123Feb 4, 2014 1:19 PM
Feb 4, 2014 1:19 PM

May 2010
Phew Meleoron..dodged a rocket there huh? Welfin is one paranoid dude.

not much progress overall. it was a slow episode. i wonder if the pacing was the same in the manga cause this feels abit "dragged out" to me but its still fine.
Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 4, 2014 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
The thing that makes HxH unique from other shounen:
It also shows other characters feelings and thoughts. Even the supporting cast is given importance.

Really liked Youpi's reaction after that thing didn't break... and when Meleoron cried for Shoot.
Poor Killua, he is being too nervous especially after seeing his Grandpa leave. He is feeling very uneasy...
Kite-Feb 4, 2014 1:40 PM
Feb 4, 2014 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
ValeBreck said:
This episode didn't even cover 2 chapters
Are you serious madhouse

I think showing Welfin and other characters was a good thing. Their feelings, thoughts, experiences, etc were really very well presented
Kite-Feb 4, 2014 1:32 PM
Feb 4, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2011
Kimp said:

Poor Killua, he is being too nervous especially after seeing his Grandpa run away like a coward. He is feeling very uneasy...

Zeno didn't run like a coward, he dipped because the money no longer equated the job he was payed to do. Just because he's a ruthless assassin doesn't mean he doesn't have morals. Just as he did not intend to continue fighting Kuroro when there was no longer any money involved, he also did not intend to continue his fight against the ants since it was no longer the job he was being payed to carry out.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kefkiroth - Nov 5, 2011

185 by Nerdason »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Keiz - Oct 29, 2011

172 by Nerdason »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fishergirl16 - Oct 22, 2011

165 by Nerdason »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

fishergirl16 - Oct 15, 2011

214 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

136 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.