Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 16, 2009 8:52 PM

Oct 2008
Touma is one of the worst main characters I've ever seen (together with Takumi from chaos head and Tatsuhiro from NHK...bunch of loosers) so Touma who has the ultimate antimagic left hand prefers uppercutting a poor defensless girl than destroying a golem??... Hopefully Index was great in this episode (WTF??) and Misaka noticed something so she might be joining her in next episode...

The main character of this serie sux(touma) but still all the characters surrounding him are pretty intresting(misaka/flame mage/samurai girl/anti vampirejap beauty...)so I hope this serie will get a 2nd season...

Mar 16, 2009 10:53 PM

Oct 2008
rabbitpoets said:
man, i can't wait until this season's over.

the last 5 minutes with index fighting was pretty cool, but the first 15 minutes featured a retarded fight (why touma didn't bother to touch the golem at any point before the sorceress got away boggles the mind), and a whole bunch of your standard, boring monologues.

i know there's going to be no closure to this show, but does it even deserve a 2nd season at this point? I dont know how closely the anime adheres to the manga, but unless they got a new writer and director, i'm not sure i could put up with another season of this... unless maybe it was the biribiri and kuroko show (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun perhaps?)

ugh i've felt this way almost the entire season but i felt like it had the potential to do something beyond the righteous monologues and just getting the right hand to stop anything (of course after 10 minutes of running 10 feet while reciting said righteous monologue)

1 episode left and ive yet to be proved wrong, how sad. not one character has improved, nor have anyone really showed off anything besides 10 seconds of sparkle sparkle
Mar 16, 2009 10:59 PM

Aug 2008
We needed Index Defense Mode, but it was still pretty cool.
HoboFreedom said:
game8910 said:
Index actually did something....am I watching the right anime?

I think it's more like we're finally watching the right anime.
QFT
wakka9ca said:
lol at the 'language system translated from Hebrew to English' . This is one of the few shows who gets so modern and complicated with magic....(remember the anti-god magic borrowed from Shinto to use against the angel since it was immune to Christian magic for obvious reasons...)
And it's pretty good with it, too. As we all know, golems are a form a ancient Hebrew magic ;)
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Mar 17, 2009 2:34 AM
Jul 2008
Angelofspawn said:
so Touma who has the ultimate antimagic left hand prefers uppercutting a poor defensless girl than destroying a golem??...

A poor defenseless girl who just happens to be trying to kill his friends.
Mar 17, 2009 2:43 AM
Aug 2008
Angelofspawn said:
Touma is one of the worst main characters I've ever seen (together with Takumi from chaos head and Tatsuhiro from NHK...bunch of loosers) so Touma who has the ultimate antimagic left hand prefers uppercutting a poor defensless girl than destroying a golem??... Hopefully Index was great in this episode (WTF??) and Misaka noticed something so she might be joining her in next episode...

The main character of this serie sux(touma) but still all the characters surrounding him are pretty intresting(misaka/flame mage/samurai girl/anti vampirejap beauty...)so I hope this serie will get a 2nd season...

I would have preferred it if they had stuck with the original premise and done a show about Index.

I was hoping for a show about magic, and girl with grimoires in her head, not a show about every loose idea the writer had floating around in his notebook.
Mar 17, 2009 7:53 AM

Oct 2008
Temuthril said:

Lol thats not the point ...and besides Touma hitting a girl turned him into a total looser -.- he only had to tuch her... c'mon he is used to fighting barehanded against other people (because he has no powers...) so he should be strong enough to imobilise that blondie without beatting her...Awwww I miss the good old heroes who wouldn't hit a lady ><

formosan said:

I would have preferred it if they had stuck with the original premise and done a show about Index.

I was hoping for a show about magic, and girl with grimoires in her head, not a show about every loose idea the writer had floating around in his notebook.

Yea this show should be about Index and her magic grims I don't know when that Touma looser decided to take her place as the main char -.-

Mar 17, 2009 8:26 AM

Jul 2007
Angelofspawn said:
Temuthril said:

Lol thats not the point ...and besides Touma hitting a girl turned him into a total looser -.- he only had to tuch her... c'mon he is used to fighting barehanded against other people (because he has no powers...) so he should be strong enough to imobilise that blondie without beatting her...Awwww I miss the good old heroes who wouldn't hit a lady ><

im pretty sure if a lady was about to kill you or your friend, you'd do the same thing, regardless of what the circumstances were :P
Mar 17, 2009 9:50 AM

Jul 2008

Touching her would do nothing, really. The reason he hit her was because he hoped she would be unable to use a spell (he was wrong tough... obviously she was a tough nut). The only way to stop her would be to destroy the golem AND take care that she is unable to summon another one and that would mean wounding or killing her.

And in reality, when a life and death situation emerges (like: a terrorist (since she gotlabeled like this, she probably killed a lot of civilians) that is able to kill big number of people and who needs to be stopped at all costs), there is no gender discrimination. Unchivalrious as it may be, nobody gives a fuck about genders when you need to take down the enemy. Saving lives always comes first.
Mar 17, 2009 2:58 PM

Sep 2007
The fact that we're nowhere near a conclusion gives me hope for season 2.
Mar 17, 2009 7:23 PM

Nov 2006
Mar 18, 2009 3:40 AM

Mar 2009
yatsushiro said:
I am impressed on how she can fight using her own magic. I think this is the first time that she went on a battle herself.

Actually, she's not using magic. She was just interfering with the Golem's command signal by distorting it's actions. Furthermore, in the novels, Index doesn't know she can use magic and no one has told her about this. If she knew, she would become one of the most powerful wizard on Earth.
Mar 18, 2009 9:00 AM

Aug 2008
MrTerrorist said:
yatsushiro said:
I am impressed on how she can fight using her own magic. I think this is the first time that she went on a battle herself.

Actually, she's not using magic. She was just interfering with the Golem's command signal by distorting it's actions. Furthermore, in the novels, Index doesn't know she can use magic and no one has told her about this. If she knew, she would become one of the most powerful wizard on Earth.

I haven't notice that she can't use any magic at all. My apologies for the confusion. I haven't grasp the light novels yet so I really have no idea about it.

Mar 18, 2009 9:08 PM

Oct 2007
Nayrael said:
i know there's going to be no closure to this show, but does it even deserve a 2nd season at this point?

DVD's sold quite well and the viewership has been great as well. So the chances of it geting another season are quite high.

I dont know how closely the anime adheres to the manga,

It is based on novels, not manga. Manga is still at the "Sisters" arc.

whoops, sorry you're right, i meant novels, not manga. thanks. =)

on another note, looks like Railgun has been greenlit!
Mar 21, 2009 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
A pretty good episode. Index did pretty good on her own for a while.
Mar 21, 2009 12:13 PM

Jul 2008
wow a nice episode, seem like the end wont be that bad. was nice to see index fighting.

Mar 22, 2009 2:10 PM
May 2008
If only they made Index Participate like she did on the episode much much sooner.

This episode provided a change in her, and the way she fought interfering the magic and causing confusion it was actually pleasant.

Its a pity is right at the end of the First season, so far up to now she was a lousy character, in fact I keep asking myself why the series is "To Aru Majutsu NO INDEX" since she didn't appear that much and her participation up to now... it was lousy and boring.

Mar 23, 2009 5:53 PM

Jan 2008
Kvakond said:
If it wasn't filled with 1000+1 pointless speeches I probably wouldn't have fallen asleep. Index fighting was pretty cool though.

I hope biribiri joins the final battle. I need some Railgun action.
This. I hate the long speeches.
Mar 26, 2009 11:20 AM

May 2007
Index was cute and very cool at the same time (was surprised that she had more than 20sec of air time.) Biribiri is scary, but hot. I bet those tears were Kazakiri's.
Mar 29, 2009 12:58 AM

May 2008
Oh yay, I finally got to see Index attack mode again.:D

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
May 20, 2009 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
game8910 said:
Index actually did something....am I watching the right anime?

Lol. Watch out for the safety pin love.

A pretty decent episode! The Misaka x Index banter is the best.
Oct 9, 2009 3:16 PM

Jul 2009
Nice to final see some real Index action =)

Really exited for the last episode now, what a cliff hanger =O
Though I hardly think they can end this story with one more episode so I guess we can expect a season 2.
Oct 25, 2009 3:17 PM

May 2009
Woah, didn't expect Index to own that much.
Nov 30, 2009 3:09 PM

Dec 2008
ukonkivi said:
Oh yay, I finally got to see Index attack mode again.:D

Hell yes! I was rather hoping she'd destroy it herself in spectacular fashion and make Touma look like an idiot when he came to the "rescue". Alas...
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 1, 2010 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
What the?!
Index?
Doing stuff?
In my Toaru Majutsu no Index?!
BLASPHEMY!!

Nice episode, building up for the finale. Can't wait for the assumed second season :)
Jan 20, 2010 3:52 PM

Aug 2009
Holy cow, Index was cool as usual. Those 103,000 Grimoires sure are handy when it comes to magic. That brown magician probably knew that Index was interfering with her Ellis's main control so she switched it to automaton mode.

I didn't believe that Index died. It was probably Hyouka that took the punch from Ellis, or Touma got in there somehow, or Misaka came and used her railgun, or her walking church started working again. IT CAN'T BE. SHE CAN'T BE DEAD OKAY? I WILL TAKE WHATEVER REASON. INDEX IS ALIVE DAMNIT.

Hyouka kinda annoys me for some reason. I don't even know the reason, lol. Also, Touma could have just used Hyouka as a safety bag so that he can go down to that hole safely, lol.
Apr 23, 2010 10:11 AM

Aug 2008
Index finally showed her powers. It's been a while.
Sometimes I forgot she's the main heroine of this anime.
Jul 5, 2010 7:28 PM

Jun 2009
Index fighting was great, we need more of that and less of Touma getting beat up.
Sep 12, 2010 6:57 PM

Aug 2010
Whats with the girl with the giant crystal in her face?
Oct 2, 2010 9:06 PM

Jan 2010
Index was so awesome this episode. Need MOAR Index action.
She's always been one of my most favorite characters (along with Aisa and Kuroko... and Touma's blue-haired friend, and Stiyl was pretty awesome too). Guess I just want more awesomeness in general, and not have more and more new characters keep showing up.
Oct 6, 2010 10:07 PM

Nov 2009
That was a incredible fight scene Index had. Darn cliffhanger, Looking forward to the finale.
Dec 16, 2010 1:22 AM

Mar 2010
Hyouka annoys the crap out of me, I truly dislike her character. I even find her voice nauseating. Forced drama is forced. I feel no sympathy for her character, which was the emotion that was meant to be invoked during that long scene. At least make the supposed damsel likable.

I can't believe someone had the goad to post his/her disappointment about Touma's hitting of a potential murderer simply because she has a vagina. Are you serious? I despise such retarded sexism.
TonyThemeDec 16, 2010 1:27 AM
Dec 24, 2010 1:45 PM

Sep 2008
Good episode, I suppose. I just thought the part where Index was interfering with the spell on the golem was awesome. Nice to see her actually using all that info that's available to her... Sphinx looked, um, like he would rather be dead than in the middle of the battle... XD
Jan 19, 2011 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
Bitch got her shit punched
Jan 26, 2011 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
merle_noir said:
I just thought the part where Index was interfering with the spell on the golem was awesome. Nice to see her actually using all that info that's available to her

I agree. What's the use of information if it's not put to actual application, right? I hope I get to see more use of that library on her head in the future.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 24, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2010
Index has some fight in her yet! Hyouka must've been the one who blocked the attack I bet.

The conclusion is going to be epic! =D

Apr 5, 2011 5:55 PM
Feb 2011
Index was the only good part of this episode.

The fights with Touma are lame as always. He constantly dodges the golems attacks, why? He stops the golems punch in one of the battles. Why not do it all the other times?

And what is with the damn talking in middle of the fights.... That wouldn't happen in a real battle one of them wouldn't wait for the other to finish talking.

Also if Sharelle knew about his ability why didn't she come with a non magic weapon such as a GUN!?

I have had enough of this show lol Im just waiting for his secret to be revealed to everyone then its over.
Apr 15, 2011 3:33 AM

Feb 2011
index fighting the golem is so cool!!
definitely my favorite part of her <333
Apr 17, 2011 6:43 AM
Jul 2010
Index was actually cool this episode! What a surprise! (I was surprised she did something at all...)
Anyway, I didn't understand what she made with that pin...
May 29, 2011 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
wow the show is amost done and NOW we have her beating an enemy, though it didnt work out in the end.
well last episode here we come.

Aug 17, 2011 10:50 PM

Apr 2011
If Index had proven herself to be this useful earlier on in the series, I wouldn't hate on her so much ... granted, it's not like Touma ever gave her much of a chance to fight her own battles. I can't believe she actually was able to hold off the golem for as long as she did, instead of just asking it for food and getting crushed like a rotten cantaloupe.

Figures this is the next-to-last episode ... Season II might be worth watching, if there's more of smart, efficient fighter-Index and less spoiled, jealous, abusive girlfriend-Index.
Sep 18, 2011 2:58 AM
Sep 2011
may i ask want music that plays in ep 23
(the one with the recap of ep 22 and touma saved kazakiri from the golem, what OST is that?)
Mar 25, 2012 2:13 PM

Jul 2011
I was getting a little bored toward then end of this ep then the index fight came and drew me right back in.
Jul 2, 2012 7:55 PM

Jun 2012
He touches the first rock giant and it vanishes, then he stands there and waits for her to summon another one? What is he stupid or something? And then he runs back to protect the girl when he could have just run forward and touched it with his right hand. Also, the soldiers ran in and tried to protect the kid, but what are they gonna do? Clearly regular bullets and machine guns aren’t going to do shit against a giant rock monster that’s made of magic. Seriously, they should just sit back and let the kid handle it in the first place! Then, the kid goes under the rock monster and is about to touch it, which he should have just done, but then he doesn’t touch it? Why? Is he stupid? That’s the only reason I can think of. Then he punches her, which I liked, but he should have just grabbed her and then she wouldn’t have been able to do anything… Another thing that I don’t get, Sherry Cromwell is there to start a war with the espers and magicians, so how’s going after Index going to help achieve that goal? Index is part of the magician’s side, so why would she go after her? And why Index specifically? How does she even know who Index is and where to find her? She never met her before. Another thing that pisses me off is that new girl Hyōka Kazakiri, she jumps in the hole and chases after the monster to serve as bait? Why is she so over emotional for no reason? And what does she think she will accomplish by going and getting herself killed? She’s annoying, great, because we could really use more annoying characters that always do stupid things and get in the way… (sarcasm) Her whole existence is stupid; she was created by random bits of energy that people give off? Am I the only one that thinks that is retarded? Also, since when did Index become such a badass? She says she can’t use magic, but she was clearly just using it. No matter how you look at it, she can’t mess with magic without having some of her own magic. She should’ve realized that she was using magic and use one of those grimoires to do a more advanced spell, or just make the rock monster break apart. There is always so many things that don’t make sense, especially in this anime.
5HAD0WFREAKJul 2, 2012 8:07 PM
Never go full retard
Jul 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2008
This anime was so good in the beginning. Then all of a sudden there are pointless episodes and random plots.

My anime rating went down to a 6/10 -_-
Aug 22, 2012 9:23 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
kage-bunshin said:
index fought pretty well against that golem; ubt what about her conversation with misaka, that was pretty funny ^_^
this! Oh and Index was REALLY COOL this episode! Index fighting was impressive^^ Index is Adorable, Cute, and "Cool"!!! PERFECT! The song inserted into the fight great as well! I'm actually liking Index more than Railgun, its more EPIC!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 30, 2012 5:36 PM

Sep 2012
It was a nice battle between Index and the golem and the music added to the battle. Poor neko feel sorry for him.
Dec 23, 2012 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
First of all, I can't believe that someone posted that they thought it was "wrong" for Touma to punch the terrorist woman. I mean, she's aiming to kill people and all that. If Touma punched someone for the hell of it that would be a different story, though.

Index had a real cool fight scene. Other than that, the episode was forgettable.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 1, 2013 9:42 AM

May 2012
Oh boy poor index, I hope she's fine! The final episode sure has the right buildup till now, lets see how it will end!
Feb 22, 2013 8:04 PM

Apr 2012
I could be wrong, but I think that's the first time I've seen a man hit a woman in anime.
FALCON PUNCH!!!
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
May 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Stake which leaves less room for Touma and then becomes a little more interesting, because it shows a combative Index that unlike Touma does not act too as the defender of the weak, discounted the surprise ending! Too predictable!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

75 by Rigatoni96 »»
Apr 29, 1:35 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

280 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 9:09 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Wasabi - Mar 8, 2009

113 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:11 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Mar 14, 2009

61 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 7:44 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ukonkivi - Mar 22, 2009

92 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 7:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.