Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime Series 'Nisekoi' to Start Jan 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 22, 2013 2:15 PM

Dec 2012
I don't really get this, I love SHAFT and all but it's not like they can make it amazing if the source material is mediocre. Also this will probably not have SHAFT trademark art.
Aug 22, 2013 2:19 PM

Mar 2013
\(^0^)/ *BANZAI*
Aug 22, 2013 2:25 PM

Oct 2007
I am rather prepared to be disappointed knowing it is Shaft.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 22, 2013 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
Thats ages away =p

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Aug 22, 2013 4:03 PM

Nov 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ThangLong said:
I will watch, not because of Shaft or HanaKana, but because the synopsis involving love between rival Yakuza gangs is interesting enough!

Wow a reaction based on actual interest in the source being adapted and nothing more. That's so 90's.

Reading this thread has been kind of hilarious though. ZOMG SHAFT COUNT ME IN THAT MEANS IT MUST BE GOOD! OH NOES SHAFT IS DOING THIS WILL NOT WATCH! I kind of miss the days where people took interest or declined to based on the type of work and synopsis itself and not just blind studio fanboyism. I mean personally I'm not a huge fan of Romantic Comedy and the premise doesn't sound particularly interesting (I wasn't a fan of the likes of Seto No Hanayome which this kind of sounds like) so I'm pretty sure I won't be following this.

Normally I would agree with you, but I think Shaft's just a special case. Like I said earlier in this thread I don't usually like Shaft and I have already read the original in this case and found it average. Just putting that out there so you don't just dismiss me as a Shaft fanboy. But I do understand the people who rave over Shaft for the simple fact that it is one of the few studios that has a particularly well defined trademark in their shows which is a different style of animation and presentation. Considering that standard - which in one way or another has been present in most if not all Shaft shows, with varying levels of "intensity" - wouldn't you say that it is perfectly normal for someone who really likes said style to be excited for something by Shaft? Chances are they'll get at least some of the traditional Shaft animation elements out of this one, regardless of the actual premise, right?

On another note, having seen Seto no Hanayome and read this manga I have to say, the style of the humor and story is very different. Seto was more nonsensical, with more parodies and a more intense humor not focusing particularly on Romance, here you'll get a lot of typical shounen romcom scenes with a more low-key (if still slightly hectic in one or two scenes near the beginning) humor.

--
EDIT - by the way, this is the first Weekly Shounen Jump manga being adapted by Shaft, right?
kurosaki_kabutoAug 22, 2013 4:13 PM
Aug 22, 2013 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
This is a must watch for me so I am going to watch this when it first air. I hope the anime can last up to 24+ episodes.

Aug 22, 2013 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
I really love the manga and like Shaft shows, so I just can't wait to see this!
But if this will have just 1 cour maybe will be pretty fail, so I pray for a 2 cour show ç.ç

I love Kana Hanazawa and Nao Touyama. Always tought about Onodera with such a cute voice.
Love Akiyuki Shinbou works.

So this is a totally must watch!
Aug 22, 2013 5:36 PM

Feb 2010
I enjoy reading the Manga so I'll definitely check this out hoping for 24+ episodes when it airs.
Aug 22, 2013 5:51 PM

Oct 2007
kurosaki_kabuto said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ThangLong said:
I will watch, not because of Shaft or HanaKana, but because the synopsis involving love between rival Yakuza gangs is interesting enough!

Wow a reaction based on actual interest in the source being adapted and nothing more. That's so 90's.

Reading this thread has been kind of hilarious though. ZOMG SHAFT COUNT ME IN THAT MEANS IT MUST BE GOOD! OH NOES SHAFT IS DOING THIS WILL NOT WATCH! I kind of miss the days where people took interest or declined to based on the type of work and synopsis itself and not just blind studio fanboyism. I mean personally I'm not a huge fan of Romantic Comedy and the premise doesn't sound particularly interesting (I wasn't a fan of the likes of Seto No Hanayome which this kind of sounds like) so I'm pretty sure I won't be following this.

Normally I would agree with you, but I think Shaft's just a special case. Like I said earlier in this thread I don't usually like Shaft and I have already read the original in this case and found it average. Just putting that out there so you don't just dismiss me as a Shaft fanboy. But I do understand the people who rave over Shaft for the simple fact that it is one of the few studios that has a particularly well defined trademark in their shows which is a different style of animation and presentation. Considering that standard - which in one way or another has been present in most if not all Shaft shows, with varying levels of "intensity" - wouldn't you say that it is perfectly normal for someone who really likes said style to be excited for something by Shaft? Chances are they'll get at least some of the traditional Shaft animation elements out of this one, regardless of the actual premise, right?

On another note, having seen Seto no Hanayome and read this manga I have to say, the style of the humor and story is very different. Seto was more nonsensical, with more parodies and a more intense humor not focusing particularly on Romance, here you'll get a lot of typical shounen romcom scenes with a more low-key (if still slightly hectic in one or two scenes near the beginning) humor.

--
EDIT - by the way, this is the first Weekly Shounen Jump manga being adapted by Shaft, right?

When you put it the way you did yeah it makes sense.
Aug 22, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2011
The image promises genericness.

But the synopsis promises something not so generic.

It all depends on what they decide to do I guess.
Aug 22, 2013 6:18 PM

Apr 2009
SHAFT's style didn't do anything good for Maria Holic, Negima and Vampire Bund, and I have a hard time believing they're gonna do anything good with this manga. At least it'll have some nice looking still shots.
Aug 22, 2013 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
Ooh, I want to watch Shaft's take on the RomCom genre.
Aug 22, 2013 6:23 PM

Oct 2011
yaaay! can't believe it's this soon :3
Aug 22, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2013
I liked the style they used for Denpa Onna... which could work for this series, if they just gave it a bit more Shaft ridiculousness.
NYANPASU~!
Aug 22, 2013 6:43 PM
Jul 2012
risefire said:
sushi55 said:
risefire said:
looks good. but I must start reading the manga first.

Can't you just wait for the anime though? It's SHAFT, chances are the anime will blow it's manga counterpart out of the water.
I can wait but I want to read the manga too.
Shaft Nisekoi vs Manga Nisekoi Manga Nisekoi would win(unless Shaft animates it normally)
Aug 22, 2013 6:45 PM

Dec 2012
This is absolutely amazing news! Now, all I have to do is somehow survive until January! >.<
Aug 22, 2013 7:29 PM

Aug 2008
Although I like the cast, I still think that the chemistry between the cast for the drama CD might be better. And the manga is now too repetitive, probably not going to watch it since I don't like the manga...
Aug 22, 2013 7:52 PM

Jul 2008
You can't really blame the manga for being repetitive. Nisekoi is popular so they are probably having it drag out... reminds me of the horrors of To-LOVE-Ru.

Aug 22, 2013 8:03 PM

Sep 2012
Demon_Acker said:
SHAFT's style didn't do anything good for Maria Holic, Negima and Vampire Bund, and I have a hard time believing they're gonna do anything good with this manga. At least it'll have some nice looking still shots.
I would agree with you on Negima and Vampire Bund but I think Shaft gave MariaHolic some extra spiciness and innovative perspective that let me see the work in new light. I would agree that it may not be something that fans of the original manga may want, but I surely do not think it "does not do anything good" for the work. Also, what I see is that Shaft has surely turned less eccentric/pioneering/avant-garde in its style in its more recent animations so I think we should not compare its style with works they did several years ago.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 22, 2013 8:17 PM
Dec 2012
My god...Japan just doesn't want me to have a life this fall, nor winter XD
Aug 22, 2013 8:59 PM
Dec 2010
Demon_Acker said:

"Nice looking still shots" is pretty much all SHAFT needs to work their magic. Nisekoi has a ton of reaction faces and head tilts, and you are pretty much not going to find a manga on Shounen Jump that's more suitable for SHAFT than it.
Aug 22, 2013 9:05 PM
Jan 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ThangLong said:

I'm tired of all your 'blind shaft fanboy without logics' logics which is nothing more than just 'fan just trying to act like fan'.
Aug 22, 2013 9:45 PM

Jun 2012
What's really interesting here is the source material. I thought this show would be like Seto no Hanayome but other people in the thread seem to disagree.

I don't really know what to expect here. The harem aspect seems strong, kind of like To-Love-Ru or Rosario Vampire. However, the ecchi level is apparently toned down.

So maybe it will be like a combination of Nyaruko and To-Love-Ru, albeit with less parodies than Nyaruko and less ecchi than To Love-Ru.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 22, 2013 11:55 PM

Sep 2012
The manga was hilarious when it first started off, but now it has gotten rather stale. But the anime will probably be a fun watch, if it is short.
Aug 22, 2013 11:59 PM

Mar 2013
This looks like it will alright and the fact Shaft is doing this looks like it may be interesting.
Aug 23, 2013 12:07 AM

May 2013
Can't wait!
Aug 23, 2013 12:50 AM

Nov 2011
I'll look forward to this next year for January but honestly though, not as too excited as I thought before. Lately the manga has been getting dull and doesn't feel like it has been from the beginning. I hope this will be adapted in the proper way though.
Aug 23, 2013 1:33 AM

Oct 2012
Well, actually I'm a bit glad it's not Tomatsu Haruka & Matsuoka Yoshitsugu-san
Not that I hate them.. but yeah because of "that"
I love them as Nagi,Lune,Morgiana,Lala & Sorata,Godou
I think HanaKana-san's voice will suit as Onodera
SHAFT huh.. I never look who the producers are, but they made many great stuffs
Guess I'll try the anime :)

Cashdaxxx said:
imo, cast should be the Tomatsu and Matsuoka (SAO duo). Not Nao and Kouki :(

No, not SAO duo please :(
I don't want "that" affect Nisekoi :)

VanishingKira said:
Kamiya better get a role in this.

Lol, I smell fanboy/.. oh well but I agree!!

itazuranamelody said:
SHAFT + Kana Hanazawa + Nao Touyama + already interested = TOTALLY gonna watch it.

You're missing Uchiyama Kouki xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 23, 2013 1:41 AM

Nov 2012
That date...when I can finally see my beloved Nisekoi characters in standard Shaft slo-mo panning animation.

Best news I've heard all day!
SeaJaegerAug 23, 2013 1:47 AM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Aug 23, 2013 4:18 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome! currently reading the Manga and loving it! Looking forward to seeing it animated!
Aug 23, 2013 4:32 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
LOVEEEE THIS MANGA SO MUCH!!!~<3
Aug 23, 2013 5:00 AM

Jul 2011
I just hope that the manga doesn't last too long, we are already at volume 9 and there was not much development until now, always the same gags...it is time to end otherwise it will become too boring.
Aug 23, 2013 5:24 AM
Apr 2012
Fuck yah! Finally! I was there when it was still a newborn manga but look at you now, adapting an anime! Further more it's SHAFT! Hoping this would be as much fun and enjoyable as the manga! ^__^
Aug 23, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2011
I can't wait, a great start to 2014 with Nisekoi. :D
Aug 23, 2013 5:32 AM

Aug 2013
Can't wait for the anime to be released!
Aug 23, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2009
We'll get to hear Uchiyama Kouki's voice more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2013 7:00 AM

Aug 2012
Yes, more Shaft!
Aug 23, 2013 7:43 AM

Jun 2011
Dat cast.
Aug 23, 2013 8:23 AM

Nov 2008
my body is been ready for a long time now and i still have to wait a couple months
Aug 23, 2013 8:49 AM

Oct 2008
Sounds like exactly my type of anime, cant wait.
Aug 23, 2013 10:14 AM

May 2013
Can't wait O_O fast forward to January pls :3
Tch.
Aug 23, 2013 10:22 AM
May 2013
After reading some comments here I think I speak for everyone when I say SHAFT nuff said.
Aug 23, 2013 12:06 PM
Nov 2010
Don't understand the hype around this at all. Gave the manga a try and it's just a generic harem with boring character designs. Shaft has also been very hit and miss lately, so even they can't get me to watch this.
Aug 23, 2013 4:31 PM

Jul 2013
Finally. Can't wait for it.
Aug 23, 2013 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
Been anticipating this for quite a while.. and finally its here. Yatta !
Aug 23, 2013 8:25 PM

Feb 2008
Harem stuff tends to fare best in winter, I guess. Less quality anime to compete with.
Aug 24, 2013 9:02 AM

Oct 2007
Kaoriri said:
Don't understand the hype around this at all. Gave the manga a try and it's just a generic harem with boring character designs. Shaft has also been very hit and miss lately, so even they can't get me to watch this.

Massive raging Shaft fanboy selectivity basically and I guess a strong desire to hear specific voice actors even though they're honestly pretty much ones that are already popular and in a lot of shows anyway. The usual stuff really....

Like I said I miss when people took interest in an actual show and didn't just base how they think it'll be and how they react to it on what studio is doing the animation production. Almost everyone I've heard actually talk about the source has said it's a pretty weak one so that to me means a hell of a lot more in generating or deflecting interest from a project than some fanboy favorite studio being in charge of animating it.
PeacingOutAug 24, 2013 9:06 AM
Aug 24, 2013 11:25 AM

Dec 2007
Veronin said:
Harem stuff tends to fare best in winter, I guess. Less quality anime to compete with.

But Harem can be 'quality' too. Japan simply doesn't know how to make them as anime adaptations 99.9% of the time.

I look at it this way: The manga is damn good, but Shaft disappointed me so much with many of their adaptations in the past and if it gets Shafted too much this time, I'll be disappointed again.
DeadIEndAug 24, 2013 11:28 AM
Aug 24, 2013 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
shigeru212 said:
What's really interesting here is the source material. I thought this show would be like Seto no Hanayome but other people in the thread seem to disagree.

I don't really know what to expect here. The harem aspect seems strong, kind of like To-Love-Ru or Rosario Vampire. However, the ecchi level is apparently toned down.

So maybe it will be like a combination of Nyaruko and To-Love-Ru, albeit with less parodies than Nyaruko and less ecchi than To Love-Ru.

Hmm, kind of it. Nisekoi manga have a progression similar to Love ru Darkness has currently. Something like: Each chapter centered in one specific girl, developing her feelings even more and developing the harem (sometimes has more than 2 or 3 chapters for one girl but it's usually like this). And yeah, does have a pretty low ecchi level (for people who is used to ecchi stuff, it's nothing and for people who doesn't like ecchi, it won't will be enough to bother about).

One thing I am worrying about it's that Nisekoi has slow progression, so if they don't will make a 2 cours show or a very well adaptation, this will be like some people are saying "just other fun to watch generic harem show".
Nisekoi is one of the romantic comedy that I like most, so I expect something really good of it.

And like I said before... Kana Hanazawa + Onodera = can't wait to watch! *-*
AlannisAug 24, 2013 2:56 PM
Aug 24, 2013 4:22 PM

Apr 2010
Awesome, I'll be waiting! :D

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

1 by Badonkers »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
6 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.