Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2009 7:33 PM

Nov 2007
Nice new OP although I still really like the old one, and omg Taiga this episode was acting so meek :3, nice change but I think if it continues for the next few episodes it would be bad =/
Jan 30, 2009 9:53 PM

Jan 2009
Pretty good new op and ed, but I prefer the old ones still. Taiga was overflowing with moe this entire episode, but the show needs more Ami. I wonder what she is trying to achieve with causing Minori to act weird.
Jan 30, 2009 10:11 PM

Jul 2008
Woah, I feel like this show has suddenly turned around and become something else. I'm interested how everything is going to pan out.

I'm going to miss Pre-Parade; it really fit the series and the entire opening sequence was awesome. The new ending is pretty awesome though, but it's a lot less upbeat.

BEGINNER
Jan 30, 2009 10:46 PM

Jun 2007
Pretty good ep but it did feel like a different season though. Nothing else to say.

Heres the latest relationship chart. A lot of things changed this episode. If anyone has any suggestions please post.
Jan 30, 2009 11:03 PM

May 2008
i was kinda sad that they show less of kitamura in the OP and none at all in the ED.Oh well at least he still makes an appearance in the show lols.Taiga is cuter in this episode then the others or maybe its ust my imagination lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 31, 2009 12:13 AM

Jul 2008
darkside099 said:
ani said:
Sonja said:
"you're not loyal dog called Hachiko" <--- so from NANA :::: D
!

I don't know anything about Nana (the anime or manga) but Hachiko was a real dog and a real story that is known through Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

I know that Hachiko was a real dog too, maybe I'm just too into NANA anime (everyone who has seen it should know that the second maincharacter's nickname is Hachi or Hachiko ::: D). So I guess that they really meant the real dog here but... too into NANA ::::: D

Jan 31, 2009 12:18 AM

Mar 2008
Ah, a new opening and ending. Didn't expect this to happen at a point where less than ten episodes are left. The ending couldn't interest me, I closed the screen down even before the song was finished. The opening was alright, but since I always looked forward to hear Pre-parade, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't as uplifting as the intro used to be. Perhaps that means Toradora will take a new direction?

More screentime for Minori! Yay! I like her character and I'm wondering what's troubling her. It can't be only the softball game, can it?

Lots of funny jokes in this episode. For instance, Kitamaru lying on the ground, Taiga with the donut... =3
Jan 31, 2009 12:22 AM

Apr 2008
Nice OP/End :D
Jan 31, 2009 12:40 AM

Oct 2008
vaberella said:
sniW said:
Tekky99 said:
me like new OP =3

Yeah, I just uploaded a higher quality version (with more bass):

and someone else uploaded the ED:

I actually like this new OP better than the previous one.

Okay well I don't like the ED at all. It's far from upbeat and fun, this is goes double for the ending vid.

As for the OP. I really dislike the OP song. I loved Pre-Parade and this one just does nothing for me. As for the vid..hmmm....It has it's good points and bad points. It would be fine if there were more images of Ryuuji/Taiga. Instead I felt that Minorin and Ami dominated the video (ditto for the ED) and Kitamura was almost invisible.

I find both videos seem to change the feel of the show for me a bit. When I think of the first OP and ED I knew I would expect some fun and lighthearted stuff broken in by teen melodrama. But now, both songs just kind of make me think ANGST and nothing else. The feel is off.

Totally agree. I was like where's my pre parade? O_o??

Edit: FINALLY! Ryuuji is starting to realize how he feels for Taiga. Both Taiga and Ryuuji looked so cute in this episode. I like Ami but I could never like Minorin. Sorry guys she's soooooo weird.
RebellaJan 31, 2009 1:24 AM
Jan 31, 2009 1:27 AM

Oct 2008
AkariChan said:
sniW said:
AkariChan said:
id said:
New OP look somewhat like an ED.

AkariChan said:
Aisaka is so cute <3

*saves*

I can make a larger one if uw ant :3

Did you make that, Akari? If so, would it be too much to request a larger version? It would make a great desktop wallpaper :D

sure:
preview:

warning: huge picture (4.52MB png, 2560x1600)
http://akarichan.site90.com/ss/ToraDoraCollage.PNG

Sorry for thre double posting but whoever made this is an artist! WOW I love it!
<3 So amazing! WOW
Jan 31, 2009 1:37 AM
Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
Pretty good ep but it did feel like a different season though. Nothing else to say.

Heres the latest relationship chart. A lot of things changed this episode. If anyone has any suggestions please post.

haha..so damn true..nice job..well then..
songs: i liked pre-parade better..but i don't dislike these either

now on to main topic...it's official..minorin likes ryuuji...
kihara likes kitamura
taiga was cute in this episode.^_^
ryuuji starts having second thoughts about the relationship taigaXkitamura..which means..maybe jealousy..hehe
personally...i want taiga and ryuuji together..so i'll be cheering them on
Jan 31, 2009 2:50 AM

Jan 2009
As much as I love Minori, She has been acting weird as of late. PLEASE MINORI! DON'T GO WEIRD(er) ON US! >.<
Jan 31, 2009 4:17 AM

Mar 2008
isn't it obvious that Minorin feel depressed and failed the softball game just because she fall for Ryuuji? Didn't you notice she became a weirdo right after the summer holidays at Ami-chan's villa? She merely felt twice worse after Ami-chan's words "Are your feelings of guilt gone?"

I'm pretty sure she is very scared of that new feeling growing inside her. It's like she's to meet a real UFO - wouldn't you be scared if you were her? Earlier she could more or less successfully block her feeling for Ryuuji but now she can't!!! since the barrier (Taiga) between her and Ryuuiji seems to be removed!!!

Weren't you scared of Love when it touched you at the very first time? Wasn't the feeling of getting unrequited the most scary one? Especially when it looked like you came so close to your beloved one? Remember, Minorin knows Taiga has feeling for Kitamura, but she knows almost nothing about Ryuu-chan's feelings!! What if he doesn't love her at all? Moreover, I'm pretty sure she thinks that Ryuuji loves Taiga: "Why else would he care about Taiga so much?" And I bet that's what's most depressing for her. this is why she tries to ignore him and put him out of her head.

Poor.. poor Minorin... Poor.. poor Ami! Just take a look at the next episode preview, Ami's crying.. and it's a pity there's no pair for her nor for Minorin.. Kitamura will most likely end up with Kihara.. Ryuuji will end up with Taiga... and I can even imagine an episode where Minorin releases him for his own and Taiga's sake..
Jan 31, 2009 4:18 AM

May 2007
I just love the fact that takasu ain't the one with the full harem
This is like one of the first shows to make the main not the womenaizer.

I find probable that Takasu will hold his unsure feelings for taiga.
At least until something happens to her. (If in the end he gets the Taiga ending. Which is possible, and very much probable.)

As for Ami, she will probably end alone. Since the story so far has only showed us Ami putting up the mature pose, then won't bother in using that as a reason for her o simply move away, or simply stay without anyone.

Taiga's crush on Kitamura is as stupid as Ryuji's crush on Minorin...
We all know Kitamura ain't going to end with Taiga, so as Minorin ain't going to end with Takasu.

IMO this is heading to 3 possible developments.
No ending, which would be lame. But acceptable.
Clichêl, where Takasu ends up wth Taiga, which would simply kill the series.
Original, Takasu x Ami which would b simply perfect.
Though Takasu x Minorin would be original as hell. Well, i hate her so i don't want to consider it. lol

Lepchin17 said:
PLEASE MINORI! DON'T GO WEIRD(er) ON US! >.<
Yeah, please slit your wrists already.
(Omg, whats wrong with me? lol)
RyushiJan 31, 2009 4:27 AM
Jan 31, 2009 4:26 AM

Nov 2007
It looks like they took out Kitamura in the new ed. that's too bad.

Also, this is the slice-of-life anime episode, it was a bit disapointing though, but I love it all the same! I love the new ed and op and I pretty much expected the new op and ed since the last episode due to the x-mas special.

Jan 31, 2009 4:43 AM

May 2007
Ryushi said:

Though Takasu x Minorin would be original as hell. Well, i hate her so i don't want to consider it. lol

I can bet that the producers know better than simply leaving an open end. That would drastically change the scores - in a bad way. If Ryuuji ends up with Taiga, I'll be sad, because that's way too predictable, especially now that Ryuuji is finally realizing his feelings about Taiga. Ami seems a bit unlikely now that she is getting less and less screentime. If either Ami or Kushieda wins him, I'll be satisfied. But please, no Taiga (although she's the most likely to be the one.)
Jan 31, 2009 7:09 AM

Jul 2007
I found Pre-parade annoying as hell so the new OP was a welcome change for me.

I don't really care who ends up with who as long as those two are together, whether as friends or as a couple.

Taiga = tsundere
YuunagiJan 31, 2009 7:27 AM
Jan 31, 2009 8:22 AM

Aug 2007
I have a feeling that this arc will end with this next episode or the one after, and then the last 6-7 episodes will be the final arc.

that scene when Ryuuji and his mom were pleading for forgiveness was one of my favorite parts of this ep.

I still hope he goes with Ami in the end, because I feel like something big is gonna happen in the next episode that makes it completely unlikely the Kushieda X Ryuuji ending. But then again that glimpse of Ami "crying" in the preview might mean that the Ami x Ryuuji ending is gone as well (which would suck because she is my 2nd favorite character, Ryuuji being first)
Jan 31, 2009 8:44 AM
Jul 2008
The new opening is just as good as the old one.<3
Although I don't really like the ending as much.

The atmosphere changed a LOT from episode 16 to 17. x:
But, of course, that was an adorable episode [Taiga was SO cute~♥]. It was really funny, too. I loved the scene with Inko-chan. :3 And Haruta's dream was... wow, LOL. XD And I agree with most of you, if Taiga were to act like how she acted in this episode, I'd die. ): Ryuuji is finally starting to like Taiga now~

Overall, it was a pretty good episode, but I don't think it was one of my favorites. It did get me thinking about my '08 Christmas holiday, though, which was one of the best ones yet. :)
Jan 31, 2009 8:47 AM
Jan 2009
Good episode.... I think though Ryuuji had feelings for taiga now... he will do nothing in order not to be in the way of taiga happiness (thats wat he has been doing all this time).... and for Minorin.... why she behave in such a way since now she had a feeling for Ryuuji.....

P.S. Ryuuji is really a lucky guy... he has three girls(with all sort of character) after him.... wish ould be like him...=)
Jan 31, 2009 8:59 AM

Jul 2007
Yuunagi said:
I found Pre-parade annoying as hell so the new OP was a welcome change for me.

I don't really care who ends up with who as long as those two are together, whether as friends or as a couple.

Taiga = tsundere

Ya i agree though I love to see them remain as friends then lovers.

Love Tiga in this episode she look cuter than usual and also the part where Ryuji apologize to Inko-chan .

Jan 31, 2009 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
ad87 said:
Good episode.... I think though Ryuuji had feelings for taiga now... he will do nothing in order not to be in the way of taiga happiness (thats wat he has been doing all this time).... and for Minorin.... why she behave in such a way since now she had a feeling for Ryuuji.....

P.S. Ryuuji is really a lucky guy... he has three girls(with all sort of character) after him.... wish ould be like him...=)

I think the so to xD.
Taiga was soo cute in this ep. :)

Breath||
Jan 31, 2009 10:23 AM
Jul 2008
new op for toradora .. its really nice! xD
Jan 31, 2009 11:41 AM
Dec 2008
I think people are being a little whiney about the new OP/ED. The old OP and ED were getting a little old, and they had more of a fun cheerful mood. The series is getting a little more serious, so I think the new OP and ED were nessesary. The first 28 seconds of the ED really remind me of an ending song that School Days would have.

Anyways, the episode was really enjoyable. And I mean, it's pretty obvious that Ryuuji and Taiga will end up together, but at this moment I'm not really sure who I want him to end up with. I'm starting to feel bad for Minori so I sort of want her to be with Ryuuji. And as for Kitamura, I really think Taiga should just give up on him, since he already said he's in love with someone else. Why even bother?
Jan 31, 2009 11:44 AM
Dec 2008
Rebella said:
vaberella said:
sniW said:
Tekky99 said:
me like new OP =3

Yeah, I just uploaded a higher quality version (with more bass):

and someone else uploaded the ED:

I actually like this new OP better than the previous one.

Okay well I don't like the ED at all. It's far from upbeat and fun, this is goes double for the ending vid.

As for the OP. I really dislike the OP song. I loved Pre-Parade and this one just does nothing for me. As for the vid..hmmm....It has it's good points and bad points. It would be fine if there were more images of Ryuuji/Taiga. Instead I felt that Minorin and Ami dominated the video (ditto for the ED) and Kitamura was almost invisible.

I find both videos seem to change the feel of the show for me a bit. When I think of the first OP and ED I knew I would expect some fun and lighthearted stuff broken in by teen melodrama. But now, both songs just kind of make me think ANGST and nothing else. The feel is off.

Totally agree. I was like where's my pre parade? O_o??

Edit: FINALLY! Ryuuji is starting to realize how he feels for Taiga. Both Taiga and Ryuuji looked so cute in this episode. I like Ami but I could never like Minorin. Sorry guys she's soooooo weird.

WHAAAAAAT!? How can you not like Minori? She's so funny! And duh she's weird...so what? I didn't think it was even possible for someone not to like Minorin..
Jan 31, 2009 1:14 PM

May 2007
Hey...
kameko14 said:
WHAAAAAAT!? How can you not like Minori? She's so funny! And duh she's weird...so what? I didn't think it was even possible for someone not to like Minorin..
Let me point to you: Its not only him.

There is already lots of people who don't like her.

In my case, I dislike her cuz i find her annoying...
Jan 31, 2009 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
I dislike her because she is nonsensical and detracts from the good parts of the show.
Jan 31, 2009 1:28 PM

Sep 2008
Ryuuji better bone tiaga at the end or I''m gonna be pissed.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 31, 2009 1:38 PM

Jul 2008
Sugoi!!
Just one new chapter, and a new Op, and everyone acts really weird.
Lol, the reverence of full body :P

Jan 31, 2009 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
Guns 'N Roses? what?

Jan 31, 2009 3:29 PM

Dec 2008
I like the new OP and ED. :] Does anyone else notice a change in the animation? Or is it just me?
and what a wierd dream. lol
Lunatic-krJan 31, 2009 3:44 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Jan 31, 2009 4:31 PM

Jan 2009
What a strange episode that was. I didn't really understand the point of the dream sequence. It was like a failed attempt at random comedy. I don't know about Minorin. I liked her at first but now she's just getting too weird and unrealistic for my tastes. Taiga was really cute in this episode though :3
Jan 31, 2009 5:13 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
cute episode. this series looks like it's changing direction, which is something I like.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 31, 2009 5:54 PM

Nov 2008
Nice OP & ED,, but I like Vanilla Salt more :P,,
Taiga is really cute in this episode

I thought this episode's only 10minutes (in other words only has a little progress :P)
Jan 31, 2009 7:00 PM

Sep 2008
awawawawawawaaaaa.........TT__TT
the opening and ending 2 both are saying the story is going to get more complicated......i liked the first ones better
....finaly they pushing ryuuji to make clear his feelings toward taiga
i fell like next chapter is going to be sad....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 31, 2009 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
Ryushi said:
I just love the fact that takasu ain't the one with the full harem
This is like one of the first shows to make the main not the womenaizer.

I find probable that Takasu will hold his unsure feelings for taiga.
At least until something happens to her. (If in the end he gets the Taiga ending. Which is possible, and very much probable.)

As for Ami, she will probably end alone. Since the story so far has only showed us Ami putting up the mature pose, then won't bother in using that as a reason for her o simply move away, or simply stay without anyone.

Taiga's crush on Kitamura is as stupid as Ryuji's crush on Minorin...
We all know Kitamura ain't going to end with Taiga, so as Minorin ain't going to end with Takasu.

Lepchin17 said:
PLEASE MINORI! DON'T GO WEIRD(er) ON US! >.<
Yeah, please slit your wrists already.
(Omg, whats wrong with me? lol)
Ouch that's harsh. Minori is awesome. It's just that she's confused as of late and doesn't know how to take it.
Jan 31, 2009 11:15 PM

May 2008
DaBigD said:
Ryushi said:

I can bet that the producers know better than simply leaving an open end. That would drastically change the scores - in a bad way. If Ryuuji ends up with Taiga, I'll be sad, because that's way too predictable, especially now that Ryuuji is finally realizing his feelings about Taiga. Ami seems a bit unlikely now that she is getting less and less screentime. If either Ami or Kushieda wins him, I'll be satisfied. But please, no Taiga (although she's the most likely to be the one.)

x2

There is still lack of Ami. I really would love to see Ami pull out the victory, but I severely thought it.

I can safely bet that it will probably be the Taiga ending.

|:
Feb 1, 2009 2:02 AM

Dec 2008
hehe many different opinions about who should end with Ryuuji .
In the end there will be some disappointments for some ppl.

Hopefully the producers of Torado don't pull this event in a second season, so that nobody ends with nobody in this season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2009 2:34 AM
Jun 2008
gswelcome said:
Guns 'N Roses? what?

yeah, I think that has something to do with the romance conflicts that he is predicting to happen. He is feeling feelings for Taiga, and what's her face girl who got randomly thrown in this love quarrel likes kitamura and wants Ryuji to continue liking Taiga.

DaBigD said:

yeah I don't know, judging by the amount of episodes left in this series I feel like anyone's game atm.

I also find it weird how he is finding his feelings this early in the series. there are 8 eps left and unless they start filling episodes with random crap. There going to "ending climax" this series at episode 23 and leave the rest of the episodes for "followup ending"

a short
prediction:

1. Ryuji is going to have conflicting thoughts on whether or not he likes Taiga or not.
2. Ryuji starts talking to Minorin because he gives up on taiga due to her "liking" kitamura
3. Minorin and Ryuji start getting closer
4. Taiga notices her feelings because he starts being with Minorin than with her.
5. Taiga confesses to Ryuji not in an open kind of way but in a masked version.
6. Minorin confesses as well due to not wanting Taiga to have Ryuji.
7. Ryuji remains undecisive for an episode.
8.a Ryuji chooses Taiga and Minorin accepts him for his choice.
8.b Ryuji chooses Minorin and Taiga accepts him for his choice.
Feb 1, 2009 4:59 AM

Oct 2008
Finally Christmas...

Feb 1, 2009 5:09 AM
Dec 2008
I'll get this out quickly... I miss the Pre-Parade and Vanilla Salt OP/ED. They new opening is OK, but the new ending is just lame and seems totally contrived.

soulelle said:
isn't it obvious that Minorin feel depressed and failed the softball game just because she fall for Ryuuji? Didn't you notice she became a weirdo right after the summer holidays at Ami-chan's villa? She merely felt twice worse after Ami-chan's words "Are your feelings of guilt gone?"

I'm pretty sure she is very scared of that new feeling growing inside her. It's like she's to meet a real UFO - wouldn't you be scared if you were her? Earlier she could more or less successfully block her feeling for Ryuuji but now she can't!!! since the barrier (Taiga) between her and Ryuuiji seems to be removed!!!

Weren't you scared of Love when it touched you at the very first time? Wasn't the feeling of getting unrequited the most scary one? Especially when it looked like you came so close to your beloved one? Remember, Minorin knows Taiga has feeling for Kitamura, but she knows almost nothing about Ryuu-chan's feelings!! What if he doesn't love her at all? Moreover, I'm pretty sure she thinks that Ryuuji loves Taiga: "Why else would he care about Taiga so much?" And I bet that's what's most depressing for her. this is why she tries to ignore him and put him out of her head.

Poor.. poor Minorin... Poor.. poor Ami! Just take a look at the next episode preview, Ami's crying.. and it's a pity there's no pair for her nor for Minorin.. Kitamura will most likely end up with Kihara.. Ryuuji will end up with Taiga... and I can even imagine an episode where Minorin releases him for his own and Taiga's sake..

I think Soulelle, that you've hit the nail on the head here! With Taiga seemingly out of the way, there should be nothing stopping Minorin from going after Ryūji, but the idea, and the course of action, is a scary one for her. This would explain why she is avoiding him. She doesn't know how, or indeed if, to proceed.

I think that this love story will be further complicated by Ryūji's developing feelings for Taiga. We also do not know yet (although we may suspect) who was depicted in the second photo in Taiga's student book... although I believe that Ami knows full well who is shown.

I'm still having trouble working out Ami's motivation and feelings. After telling Minorin "Are your feelings of guilt gone?" in the previous episode, she appeared to be upset. She has also dropped lots of hints about being alone and depressed. Is she too in love with Ryūji or Kitamura? I'm currently wagering that she has feelings for her childhood friend Kitamura... but confirming this is going to take more episode details.
Feb 1, 2009 7:30 AM

Nov 2008
DBailey635 said:
I'll get this out quickly... I miss the Pre-Parade and Vanilla Salt OP/ED. They new opening is OK, but the new ending is just lame and seems totally contrived.

soulelle said:

I think Soulelle, that you've hit the nail on the head here! With Taiga seemingly out of the way, there should be nothing stopping Minorin from going after Ryūji, but the idea, and the course of action, is a scary one for her. This would explain why she is avoiding him. She doesn't know how, or indeed if, to proceed.

I think that this love story will be further complicated by Ryūji's developing feelings for Taiga. We also do not know yet (although we may suspect) who was depicted in the second photo in Taiga's student book... although I believe that Ami knows full well who is shown.

I'm still having trouble working out Ami's motivation and feelings. After telling Minorin "Are your feelings of guilt gone?" in the previous episode, she appeared to be upset. She has also dropped lots of hints about being alone and depressed. Is she too in love with Ryūji or Kitamura? I'm currently wagering that she has feelings for her childhood friend Kitamura... but confirming this is going to take more episode details.

I'm still wagering that Minorin's true feelings are for Kitamura rather than Ryuuji. There have been subtle hints throughout the whole show of them getting along well, where as Taiga X Kitamura and Minorin x Ryuuji, they are both really awkward around each other when thinking romantically and are OBVIOUS. This goes against the whole theme of love not not being obvious and hard to find and makes me believe that this is the case even more so.

Toradora imo is about friends realizing their feelings for each other SLOWLY, which is what is happening. This is my gut feeling and my gut feeling is generally right, despite the people that disapprove of the following:

Taiga X Ryuuji
Kitamura x Minorin
Ami x nobody

My Episode 17 personal current chart would look like this:

Taiga thinks she likes Kitamura, Kitamura currently likes nobody but will get over the president, Minorin likes Kitamura (Possibly Ryuuji), Ryuuji liked Minorin but is now starting to realize he likes Taiga, Ami likes Ryuuji (Possibly Kitamura).

The guilty slight by Ami was imo, her way of saying that Minorin could have prevented the whole thing if she had admitted that she liked Kitamura from the start. There have been so many hints dropped that these two get along. It was way too out of place for Ami to be saying that she could be guilty about Ryuuji. Big hint:

Notice when they are looking at the picture of Taiga and Kitamura from Taiga's Student I.D in a group with Ami, when it is mentioned that Taiga loves Kitamura, Minorin looked REALLY sad, turned away and gasped. Taking that, Ami walks by Minorin and says the guilt line...

This was about Kitamura X Minorin and Not Ryuuji. I've predicted it for numerous episodes now and yet few people have admitted it. If Minorin liked Ryuuji but didn't want to get in the way of Taiga, wouldn't that make her happy then?

Really pay attention to the scene after 20:20, the reactions and the dialogue...

I hate to take Toradora so seriously, but the couple of people who have shot down Kitamura X Minorin vehemently need to keep their eyes open...

Also take a look at the new opening theme sequence. We all know what Minorin dropping the ball was about, her confused feelings. But who is there to pick up the ball and put it back in her hands... to solve her confused feelings? Who else is on her baseball team...?

It has been building for so long and the pieces are about to fall into place. I'm not saying it is concrete but you can't rule it out completely.

Kitamorin shippers stand up and be counted! lol

Also whoever said the new ending is contrived... Contrived for what? The tone the series is undertaking now; moar romance? It is no secret what direction the series is taking so it can't be contrived...It is better suited. It's a very nice song IMO.
AnistylezFeb 1, 2009 8:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Feb 1, 2009 8:15 AM

Jul 2008
Swiftstylez said:
blah blah blah the post above mine
I've been suggesting that for a while now that Minori and Kitamura might end up together lol.
Feb 1, 2009 8:56 AM

Nov 2008
Defiance said:
Swiftstylez said:
blah blah blah the post above mine
I've been suggesting that for a while now that Minori and Kitamura might end up together lol.

ftw lol. Kitamorin <3
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Feb 1, 2009 9:03 AM

Sep 2008
@swiftstylez: sounds pretty convincing with your arguments. anything can happen between the 4 practically, while ami is assumed to be left behind.

i like this new opening, i prefer these kind of music than the 1st one. i like how evertyhing is themed bright and white to symbolize wintertime. also gives the feeling that something serious is going to happen compared to the 1st season.

the ending..not so great. i prefer vanilla salt more.
Feb 1, 2009 9:48 AM

Aug 2008
Swiftstylez...you're overlooking one thing: Minorin's treatment of Ryuuji. What is the explanation there. Even Taiga noticed a difference. You haven't spoken on that yet.

I think you're seeing what you want to, and that you're not taking into account all that has happened, nor what normally happens in these types of shows. I know how delusional I am in thinking that Ami will get Ryuuji, or that Taiga might snag Kitamura, but this episode pretty much has set up a RyuujixTaiga conclusion (even if it doesn't get expressed so that another season can be done).
Feb 1, 2009 10:26 AM

Jun 2008

^^^ cutie-patootie<3

& Anyway, I like this opening. Hasn't catched on to me yet, soon enough I'll sing a long once I really like it. The ending was nice too~ & Anyway, not too much to say except being more interesting in Minorin's actions this episode. Taiga playing the Angel+Cupid was pretty cute. I like how Ryuuji is taking it though, he just finds it wrong. "No, you don't." Rofl. Tehehe possible Ryuuji feelings for Taiga, w00t w00t.
Feb 1, 2009 10:29 AM

Feb 2008
Wow 8 pages! Keep up the good work ^^

Personally I dont mind the new OP and ED. Sure, Im used to the old ones, but the new versions arent boring either.
By the way:
Is it only me or could the OPs reveal quite a lot about the storyline? I dont want to over-interpret anything, but if you look at the first OP you can clearly see that Kitamura is blushing a little bit when he is going over to the President. So actually their relationship was already foretold.
If we now look at the new OP, there is a scene where Ami and Minorin stand back to back and start to move away from each other while Ryuuji and Taiga move towards each other. I think what this could foretold for the future storyline is quite obvious...

noteDhero said:

Nice summary of my thoughts.....again! ^^
Except the Minorin-part! :P

About Minorin:

I have to admit: Although I am (still) a huge fan of Minorin, she gave me the creeps in this episode. :P

GeneralCow said:

Finnally the former minor characters are way more important than they were in the series beginnig. They used to be little more than background to set up a story and slowly became more important but with this episode they just jumped up in importance. Not main characters but more like secondary characters whereas they were more like background characters before.

QFT. This aspect is another detail that makes this show such a great one. Side characters that forcefully take a hand in the relationships of the main characters. Thats innovative. ^^

Very interesting theory about Minorins behaviour and the story itself:

"Soulelle" and "DBailey635" I thank you both for your insightful posts *taking a bow*. Finally I got my explanation why Minorin acted so strange this time. She was always a bit weird of course, but the "amount of weirdness" in this episode made me worried a bit.

Feb 1, 2009 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
I think it's adorable how Taiga still believes in Santa XD
Feb 1, 2009 12:15 PM

Dec 2008
FKLJDSHKAFKSLDFLKASHDFMEIDOTAKASU?!!??!?!

OH HARUTA, YOU AND YOUR DREAMS.

Also, Inko-chan = lolz this episode.

In all seriousness though, am curious to find out more about Minorin, since she is my favorite character. Dx <3

Also, older OP and ED = superior, although the new ones are okay.

AND TAIGA, WHY SO MOE? YOU AND YOUR SANTA BELIEFS. ;~~;

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

25 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 30, 11:17 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.