Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2009 12:57 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That dawn was so beautifully animated, eye candy right there.

I'm worried, but Akio's speech gave me some hope. I don't know what to think.

Dango Daikazoku ftw.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 24, 2009 1:01 PM

Feb 2008
I liked Akio's story. Sad yet beautiful.
The whole episode was great.
Can't wait for next week. >.<
Jan 24, 2009 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
You know, I'm really surprised that there is such ridiculously emotional reaction to stuff that played out in the first Clannad, and the movie. It's almost as though some people jumped into After Story without having seen the first Clannad, or even the movie (though not having seen the movie is only slightly more understandable).
Jan 24, 2009 1:10 PM
Apr 2008
God, Clannad movie all over again? Let's just hope not, and the producers decide to give us something we actually want, unless you're a sadistic bastard.
Promises are meant to be broken? Let's hope not.
Well, overall this was a great episode. The beach scene and the little conversation between Tomoya and Akio were both well played.
My prediction: At least one more confrontation with Tomoya's father.
Jan 24, 2009 1:26 PM

Jul 2008
wow, i also hope it wont have a bad end. and now i understand more, because of the story akio told. so nagisa already "died" and it also explain why she have this winter sickness.

Jan 24, 2009 1:48 PM

May 2007
Oh god. I really hope Nagisa is going to be all right. But all this bad foreshadowing making me worried. Nagisa... please don't die ok? ;___;' Akkio's speech gave me a little hope. Maybe everything's going to be fine. Maybe ;(

Jan 24, 2009 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, that did give me a little hope but I'm still worried :(
Jan 24, 2009 2:21 PM

Dec 2008
Let me start out by saying that this series helps me get through the week. O man, this is getting emotional.

I haven't heard that Dango song in soo long! it makes me want to watch the 1st season. Anyways, The future doesn't look too good. I cant wait till the next episode.

Dango Daikazoku~
Lunatic-krJan 24, 2009 2:33 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Jan 24, 2009 2:23 PM

Dec 2007
wow, this thread is one big spoiler for the clannad movie (and probably after story to). even without opening spoiler tags i now know exactly what happened in the movie. (havent watched the movie btw..). THANKS -.-
Jan 24, 2009 2:36 PM

Dec 2008
Sylpheed said:
Please don't follow the movie x1000

Please don't! x1000

Jan 24, 2009 2:36 PM

Jan 2008
AkariChan said:
Mitsukai- said:
This episode had so much foreshadowing, it's not funny. I can easily see the anime following the movie/game now.
that's the main arc of the whole after story, after all .. :P unless they create another arc or so, i think it will be following the story pretty closely.

at this point, i dont even care whether it will follow the movie or not.. as long let me have my happy ending.. that means nagisa ALIVE

rutix said:

^^ Click only if you played the game

hahahaha
MY SIGNATURE

Jan 24, 2009 2:44 PM

Jul 2008
AkariChan said:
Mitsukai- said:
This episode had so much foreshadowing, it's not funny. I can easily see the anime following the movie/game now.
that's the main arc of the whole after story, after all .. :P unless they create another arc or so, i think it will be following the story pretty closely.

at this point, i dont even care whether it will follow the movie or not.. as long let me have my happy ending.. that means nagisa ALIVE

rutix said:

^^ Click only if you played the game

LOL. im doing that RIGHT now.. lol...
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Jan 24, 2009 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
evangeline88 said:
if the birth scene is ep16, then what will happen in the rest 8 eps?

I was wondering that, too .... but I'm determined not to find out until the series end :P After that I'll check the game, too , since I've seen quite a number got through it.
Till then, I cant wait for the next one, and I hope it wouldnt be the tears-type-episode ...
Jan 24, 2009 3:43 PM

Aug 2008
So we're down to the point of no return this time. Movie or Game, this could actually end up differently from either endings.

And if Ushio was to be born on the next episode or two...

Jan 24, 2009 3:54 PM

Apr 2008
Are we gonna see Fuko now? We heard Kyou and Ryou in the preview.

Man, can't wait for the next episode.

Jan 24, 2009 4:23 PM
Dec 2007
The passing of time, seasons, and family, all of Clannad was there in this episode.

Oh, and welcome Ushio by the way !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 24, 2009 4:31 PM

Oct 2008
Depressing, as it should be...

Okazaki Ushio, how interesting...

Is it really safe to be having "ice" instead of "water" to prevent dehydration during pregnancy? More over, I think it is an awful idea for Nagisa to be dissolving a small piece of ice or eatting onigiri while sleeping down, wouldn't she choke and die over it? What is Tomoya thinking?! (>_<)
Jan 24, 2009 4:48 PM

Dec 2008
Sylpheed said:
Are we gonna see Fuko now? We heard Kyou and Ryou in the preview.

Man, can't wait for the next episode.

I don't think that she appears until after they have the baby. And, after

Jan 24, 2009 5:33 PM

Mar 2008
I don't care if there will be a happy or unhappy ending, as long as it's well executed.
Jan 24, 2009 5:43 PM

Aug 2008
There. Must. Be. Kyou. In. The. Next. Episode. Or. I. Shall. Suicide.
Jan 24, 2009 7:12 PM

Jul 2008
Kira01 said:
Depressing, as it should be...

Okazaki Ushio, how interesting...

Is it really safe to be having "ice" instead of "water" to prevent dehydration during pregnancy? More over, I think it is an awful idea for Nagisa to be dissolving a small piece of ice or eatting onigiri while sleeping down, wouldn't she choke and die over it? What is Tomoya thinking?! (>_<)

actually
game spoiler ahead. proceed only if you played the game!
Jan 24, 2009 7:13 PM

Jul 2008
XydenicWings said:
There. Must. Be. Kyou. In. The. Next. Episode. Or. I. Shall. Suicide.
lol. Maybe. the. episode. after. really.
Jan 24, 2009 7:13 PM

Apr 2007
DeathfireD said:
1) Main character in a life threatening situation that everyone keeps warning them about? check
2) Main character ignoring all safety precautions even after being warned about potential danger? check
3) Depressing tone, sad looking faces, sad stories poping up relating to said main character? check
4) Making a long term promise with main character thats in a life threatening situation?check

;_________;
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 24, 2009 9:35 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, the first page's filled with spoilers, meaning the adaptation has more discrepancies and fifferences between the game... the most obvious to me, they haven't even kissed in the anime!! Geez......
By the way, didn't read them~ xD
mflatischler said:
I just hope the promise won't be broken.

The talk between Sanae and Tomoya is so alarming, I can't somehow endure the uneasiness for the following episodes...

Oh, come off it! Once you embrace the Tragedy themes, one way or another, you'll find them beutiful!
HarukoK said:
I hope it isn't the same way like when
spoiler of Air TV

Not a great example, she had the spirit of a deity-like being trying to get implanted into her for starters! :P

Eating ice, instead of water. Well I do that myself alot. Somehow, it does taste better... :D
I really loved the Dango Daikazoku insert and sing-along.
Anyway, as far as I know, Ushio's born without any problems, can't say the same about the mother though. I'm sure Nagisa's death might've easier to find in the net (say references and stuff), so I might had already known about it. Not that'll try hard to find out now, I rather be surprised since I never played the game.

I still see no connection with that other world and Okazaki's... is it all just a fake(dream), or does it really exist? Is that world, where that garbage doll and girl live, the same than the one Kotomi's parents were publishing papers of? Can't remember if anythin's mentioned especifically. Argh! I got so many questions, but i might never really find all the asnwers unless I went through all the game's paths. >_>
Jan 24, 2009 11:22 PM

Aug 2007
Ok the foreshadowing in this episode and the next episode preview is very, very scary. "White Darkness"? What kind of next episode name is that? Please don't go the way I think this is going.

Home delivery is a terrible idea. Weak, sickly people in general are discouraged from having children (low blood pressure, etc). The home delivery thing adds tons of risk here. What if there needs to be a c-section or something? The medical attention isn't immediately available. I think Nagisa is placing too much value of the sentimental things about having a baby and not about the... actual things.

I just hope this turns out well but as I said before this is starting to scare me :S
Jan 24, 2009 11:39 PM

Nov 2008
Nearing the serious part of the story, Even Gramps called Tomoya :D. Also thought that their Dango song would be lame, but obviously I was wrong, actually it fitted there perfectly. And yea, Home Birth isn't a good idea...I don't know if Im looking for the next episode...
Jan 25, 2009 12:11 AM
Jan 2009
Well if nagisa dies then tomoya might turn out to be like his father which is like the movie.
Jan 25, 2009 12:22 AM

Oct 2008
vgyliu said:

Spoiler tag. Learn to use it. Not everyone has seen the movie.

Jan 25, 2009 12:27 AM

Jan 2008
I hope this goes somewhat like the movie so touching!!
Cool episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2009 1:04 AM

Aug 2008
vgyliu said:
*fucking spoilers*

Thanks you asshole. And even more its the first post.
Jan 25, 2009 2:09 AM

Sep 2007
This whole thread is full of spoilers. "ZOMG I CAN SEE BAD THINGS LIKE THE MOVIE" or "I HOPE IT DOESN'T FOLLOW THE GAME/MOVIE". How spoilerific can you get with lines like that?
Jan 25, 2009 2:32 AM

Jul 2008
Nice episode, one can't help but feel the dark clouds that are heading their way. Ushio is a nice name though, that was prolly the best part of the episode.
Jan 25, 2009 3:30 AM

Nov 2007
lmao Akiko first dibs on teasing the baby xD, so it's going to be called Ushio O_O
Jan 25, 2009 3:40 AM
Nov 2008
Felt a little lame after ep 14, but atleast things progressed.

Jan 25, 2009 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
My eyes were all teary but didnt cry lol XDD

Great ep I still have the hope.
Jan 25, 2009 8:30 AM

Dec 2008
god damn i shouldnt have watched the movie, cause this episode is starting to make me feel realy sad about the next things going to happen in After Story...

i just dont want to watch it but i cant help myself to stop it...

the beach part was the best part out of that episode!
Jan 25, 2009 8:37 AM

Nov 2007
imo, it won't be sad until

Jan 25, 2009 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
I have the baaaaaad feeling this series is gonna make me cry my eyes out ._.

Stupid kids, get protection!! T.T

I love the series, though. Can't wait for next episode even if the preview was so damn terrifying.

And I must marry Akio. I mean, Akki XDDD That man is WIN. I could get a lick if Ushio doesn't xDDD

(omg first comment in the forums even if I've been lurking and listing here for a year XDDD)
Jan 25, 2009 9:18 AM

Dec 2008
i think the same way all the comments mean that something bad is going to happen :(
Jan 25, 2009 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
....I regret watching the movie. All I'm gonna say.
Jan 25, 2009 11:38 AM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
i cried i cried alot at this ep and im gonna cry the next ep, the only anime series i ever cried at T_T the movie ending will kill me inside i hope it goes great and becomes a happy... T_T
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Jan 25, 2009 12:41 PM

Mar 2008
Quite a worrying episode... Nagisa is already very weak, and she wants to give birth at home ? That's really adding trouble for her... And she seems to know it'll be very difficult (and life-threatening), because she wasn't really eager with the promise... :(
Jan 25, 2009 1:13 PM

Aug 2007
vgyliu said:
Well if spoil spoiler spoiler spoiler spoils

I hate you so much
Jan 25, 2009 1:20 PM

Jul 2008
same here. I really regret watching the movie... it foreced me played the game and knowing the whole story before the After story anime came out :()((((((
Jan 25, 2009 1:43 PM

Feb 2008
Genix said:
mflatischler said:

The talk between Sanae and Tomoya is so alarming, I can't somehow endure the uneasiness for the following episodes...

Oh, come off it! Once you embrace the Tragedy themes, one way or another, you'll find them beutiful!

No doubt on that point.

This spoiler is for Genix only.

Hellmonkey said:

mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Jan 25, 2009 2:15 PM

Dec 2007
At first when I finished this episode I thought Nagisa will probably die in the next episode, but than I thought about Akio's story about when Nagisa was young and having to pray for a miracle.

So maybe we might see a miracle in the next episode?
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Jan 25, 2009 2:45 PM

Dec 2008
akuma2002 said:
Quite a worrying episode... Nagisa is already very weak, and she wants to give birth at home ? That's really adding trouble for her... And she seems to know it'll be very difficult (and life-threatening), because she wasn't really eager with the promise... :(

she already gave up on this! if you had watched carefully ^^"

xxSagaraxx, would be too good to be true but iam still praying ...
Jan 25, 2009 3:19 PM

Jul 2008
mflatischler said:
Genix said:
mflatischler said:

No doubt on that point.

This spoiler is for Genix only.

Hellmonkey said:

I stopped reading saikano at vol 5. i m told i should be glad about it :P
Jan 25, 2009 3:42 PM

Jan 2008
r u guys shure the movie is connected with the show ???
since they like to alternate storys theyve already made ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jan 25, 2009 4:04 PM

Apr 2007
I'm so sad I can't put it to words, not that I wasn't expecting this ;_;

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

323 by Bruh69XD »»
May 2, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

726 by PsychicSensor »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1169 by Bruh69XD »»
Apr 30, 5:37 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

5 by lycan_ »»
Apr 30, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.