Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 24, 2009 10:27 AM

Oct 2007
Maybe the show isn't for everyone. The humor is right up my alley so I'm loving this show but as with all other kinds of absurd humor (Monty Python anyone?) you really need to be 'in to it' to like it.

All in all, I thought this was a very funny episode. I haven't seen a character yet that I dislike while most of the situations are (to me) hilarious. There's just something about the way Kanako acts that makes me like her ^_^

De-JaY said:
dbaranyi said:
Less Mariya = less humor = less interesting... at least for me.

Yeah too bad there was less Mariya. But it was funny anyway.

Nekomimi buruma~

Easily one of the best scenes this episode XD

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jan 24, 2009 4:11 PM

Nov 2007
ha ha Miyamae the detective overthinks everything xD, but wow Kiri's confession O_O and lol @ products used.
Jan 24, 2009 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
Smasher said:
Maybe the show isn't for everyone. The humor is right up my alley so I'm loving this show but as with all other kinds of absurd humor (Monty Python anyone?) you really need to be 'in to it' to like it.

All in all, I thought this was a very funny episode. I haven't seen a character yet that I dislike while most of the situations are (to me) hilarious. There's just something about the way Kanako acts that makes me like her ^_^

De-JaY said:
dbaranyi said:
Less Mariya = less humor = less interesting... at least for me.

Yeah too bad there was less Mariya. But it was funny anyway.

Nekomimi buruma~

Easily one of the best scenes this episode XD

that buruma is win! (^_^)b
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Jan 24, 2009 8:38 PM

May 2008
Defiance said:
LeapofFate said:
DuhQbnSiLo said:
bored me to death... dropping Maria†Holic

Failure.

Anyways, this is probably the best show out of the rest of the mediocre animes for this season.
Serious overstatement calling this "the best show out of the rest of the mediocre animes for this season." I quite honestly don't blame him if he wanted to drop it, the anime hasn't really been all that funny and is just confusing at some points. Granted I have a lot of patience, I don't hold it against him at all if he wants to drop this anime.

Touche

Though, people bitching about a show 1/4 in is pretty lame. IMO
theMADVILLAINJan 24, 2009 8:55 PM
Jan 24, 2009 8:40 PM

Jul 2007
I thought it was funny... not every show needs to advance a plot. Also Matsurika > Maria.

Jan 24, 2009 9:05 PM

Aug 2008
i swear, after Kiri came to the rescue and that music started up i thought they were about to play "The Final Countdown" by Europe o.O
Jan 24, 2009 11:55 PM

May 2008
Dolce_Vitka said:

Oh please, one can call this very show mediocre, but I can name at least 2 shows this season that are likely to be above this level.

Oh wise one!

Please share your knowledge.
Jan 25, 2009 12:48 AM

Nov 2008
LeapofFate said:
Dolce_Vitka said:

Oh please, one can call this very show mediocre, but I can name at least 2 shows this season that are likely to be above this level.

Oh wise one!

Please share your knowledge.

Hey, it's not only my opinion, people this season like White Album and Ride Back, especially Ride Back.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 25, 2009 12:53 AM

Apr 2008
I like it. Somehow, I can feel Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei in the series.

I don't get why someone should drop this. It's full of randomness and I think it was meant to be predictable. Why do we need to think critically when watching a comedy series. It's like you don't have to think what will happen in Lucky Star or TMHS..somewhere along that line. This has more plot than the previously said series.

Anyway, looking forward to the next episode.

EDIT: Looking at every posts I can say more than 80% loved the episode.
SylpheedJan 25, 2009 1:04 AM

Jan 25, 2009 3:00 AM

Apr 2007
LeapofFate said:
Defiance said:
LeapofFate said:
DuhQbnSiLo said:

Failure.

Anyways, this is probably the best show out of the rest of the mediocre animes for this season.
Serious overstatement calling this "the best show out of the rest of the mediocre animes for this season." I quite honestly don't blame him if he wanted to drop it, the anime hasn't really been all that funny and is just confusing at some points. Granted I have a lot of patience, I don't hold it against him at all if he wants to drop this anime.

Touche

Though, people bitching about a show 1/4 in is pretty lame. IMO

Not everyone has the time to watch EVERY anime COMPLETELY to see if it was really bad to the end. If someone drops it early, it's his choice. >_>
People watch anime for fun, so if you don't like the beginning of an anime, there is no obligation to bear with it until the end, just so that you can say afterwards "even after seeing all of it I don't like it".

I also seem to be "incompatible" with this anime style, and I don't expect the style to get any better. It's only thanks to the funny plot and the nice characters that I keep watching it for now, but the way it was animated really gets on my nerves.

Jan 25, 2009 3:21 AM

Jun 2008
I found this episode awesome.
Jan 25, 2009 4:40 AM

Nov 2008
So I downloaded the gg subs, as I do every week..
but now for some reason halfway through the episode,
it lags and stops and the subs aren't showing anymore?

Does anyone of you had this too?

From what I've seen from this ep, it's going to be the best one so far ;p
Jan 25, 2009 8:34 AM

Apr 2008
Hmm the animation is just okay for me. It's somewhere above average.

Jan 25, 2009 7:43 PM

May 2008
canis said:

Not everyone has the time to watch EVERY anime COMPLETELY to see if it was really bad to the end. If someone drops it early, it's his choice. >_>

I don't mind if people don't complete an anime, but watching 1/4 of an anime is not fully giving it a chance. At least a half way point can give you a better indication where the show is going.

Though, there are times where a show completely screws up a story and you can't bare watching it.

*cough*Kurokami*cough*

People watch anime for fun, so if you don't like the beginning of an anime, there is no obligation to bear with it until the end, just so that you can say afterwards "even after seeing all of it I don't like it".

I do fully agree with this statement, but there are cases that an anime gives a giant middle finger to the audience.
Jan 25, 2009 11:36 PM

Nov 2008
desolato said:

From what I've seen from this ep, it's going to be the best one so far ;p

Why not download the whole episode subbed from Veoh or Torrent or just watch it subbed online? You won't have such problems then.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 26, 2009 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
Dolce_Vitka said:
Why not download the whole episode subbed from Veoh or Torrent or just watch it subbed online? You won't have such problems then.

Well, I always download via torrents ;p
It might be a problem with my VLC player though.. oh well.
I'll try Veoh.
Jan 26, 2009 11:19 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Crazy episode, enjoyed it a lot.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 30, 2009 6:38 AM
Oct 2008
I liked this eposide , although it wasn't as fun as the first two episodes
but i found it quite entertaining .
My favourite Part was the nekomimi buruma x)
But Still , It Needs More MARIA ! x3

I'm waiting for the fourth episode i hope it gets released soon ~
Jan 30, 2009 11:05 PM

Nov 2007
naikou said:

...mmm. I want to like this show. It's got some decent things going for it, but the humor is so inconsistent. It's like some of the time it's way too random for me to laugh at (Alaria monster? Meat jello?) and other times its just so predictable (as if it wasn't obvious enough that Kanako was going to lose the rosary, they went ahead and wasted 2 minutes telling us in advance she was going to lose it).

Seriously, wtf is going on? You could do so much with the premise (a lesbian girl matched with a cross dressing roommate) - but they keep relying on these terrible gags. The whole "sea creature" sequence just wasn't funny, and they've been using it for 2 episodes straight. Agh.

This. Somehow it keeps just enough humor to keep me watching, but only barely.
Jan 30, 2009 11:30 PM

May 2007
Somehow missed this while skimming through the torrents. Oh well, it was above the average. It can be funnier, but needs more Maria. The music was plain awesome - the Final Countdown ftw!
Jan 31, 2009 1:00 AM

Mar 2008
Maria isn't quite my favourite character, so it was very nice to see her have less screen time. Many funny jokes in this episode too, I love the random humour. =3
Jan 31, 2009 1:03 AM
Mar 2008
desolato said:

I had the same problem and also downloaded via torrent.
Hope it deosn't keep up in the other eps too.

It does get a bit repetitive, especially if you watch 3 episodes in a row, but I'll stick with it non the less :)

I want nekomimi like that!!
Jan 31, 2009 2:16 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't have problems with the gg sub, so perhaps your regular player needs to be updated or something.
Jan 31, 2009 3:04 AM
May 2008
I just started watching this show, and so far, so good. I can definitely feel Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei in it, it's probably what would have become of Maria-sama ga Miteru if suicidal Itoshiki-sensei would have tried to hang himself somewhere near Lillian School :). The humour though is definitely not for everyone, I guess some may be thrown off by the sheer randomness, and I actually let by some of the references, cause I'm such an ignorant (what is up with the alaria?!?). Anyways, I'm going to keep watching it, I just want to see how it's going to get where it's going XD.

Maria's seiyuu does a great job, by the way!
Jan 31, 2009 3:35 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i'm so confused....
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 31, 2009 6:33 PM

Jul 2008
DuhQbnSiLo said:

*Watch DuhQbnSiLo profile*

Oh that's why !

*facepalm*
*return typing the rest of my post*

This episode was not bad, like some people I found the nekomimi buruma scene funny, the op is still badass and Maria is still making me want to see more.
Though I'm not too fond of the overanalysing humor, but well i didn't mind it at least.
I guess the introduction is almost finish, the show will soon enter in the development part.

Feb 1, 2009 11:51 AM

Apr 2007
De-JaY said:

Nekomimi buruma~

this. best part.

needs moar matsurika.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 11, 2009 10:12 PM

Jan 2008
Another great episode, I wonder what was inside her bag.
Feb 11, 2009 11:24 PM

Nov 2007
LMAO what a turn of events!
Mar 18, 2009 11:51 AM

Aug 2008
They talk really fast in this series..
Mar 30, 2009 6:59 AM

Jan 2009
somehow this show kinda remind me about graphic design on ef series =_=
Apr 4, 2009 9:35 PM

May 2008
Still very fast paced and funny. It managed to have the incoherent zaniness of Pani Poni Dash and the like, but is better than Pani Poni Dash by actually drawing you in to allow to to enjoy the comedy instead of leaving you out there. A sickeningly, sweet, uptight, annoying Catholic girls school that makes you feel you're swimming in saccharine. And a bunch of TARP/Yuri coyness. It's an oddly good concoction. Like heroin thrown in a smoothie.

And yes, Marisa is my favorite character. She has a penis.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 30, 2009 6:58 PM

May 2009
I felt this episode needed more Mariya and Matsurika, but it was still funny.

This anime is a lot like other SHAFT ones - like SZB. They talk really, really fast and there's a huge amount of random dialog, hidden messages and text everywhere. I feel like I don't even understand half of it...

>;_,-
Nov 11, 2009 9:52 PM

Aug 2008
HAHA I loved this episode, I think this is my kind of anime. (Loved SZS too, I always enjoy random humor :'D)

Yuri harem?! That's awesome xD I'm really liking the prince-type girl and the meganekko atm. I adore Kanako, she's awesome ♥

I can't bear with Mariya and that meido of his, they're so annoying -_-

Nov 26, 2009 12:06 PM

Feb 2009
more Ryuuken please!
how about you protect me ^.^
~May you continue being the Messiah....
Jan 14, 2010 12:21 PM

Aug 2008
inode said:
more Ryuuken please!

yes yes! i liked this episode so much, Kanako is soooo funny ; 3
love triangle, huh?
Jul 7, 2010 7:20 AM
Jan 2010
I hate how the main character is constantly in chibi form.
Sep 17, 2010 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
Ryuuken-sama! <3 <3 <3

WTF @ the wakame-geyser o0 0o o0
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jan 6, 2011 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
This show really reminds of Pani Poni Dash!
May 8, 2011 10:31 AM

Feb 2011
funny episode
what animal mariya put in kanako bag?
strage ending
i think that just troll
May 19, 2011 5:45 AM
Oct 2010
Ugh...
Aug 10, 2012 10:59 AM

Jan 2010
Haha the dorm leader is so fucked up.
Anyway, I'm gonna guess this show will be one of those that reference to other anime's, but I don't mind
Nov 10, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2012
Was quite a funny episode, lots of the funny moments make up for the rest of the story, so currently it's all good!
Mar 23, 2013 6:11 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder if those kinds of girl really exist in Japan (the ones that bully you for being in the vicinity of someone they like). I suppose all stereotypes come from somewhere.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Apr 18, 2013 2:06 PM
Jun 2010
This anime is so fucking weird. XD
Nov 1, 2013 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

In this whirlwind of experiences and emotions he feels Kanako, found some nice space questions asked during the narration. What role will the new character in the plot? Delirium and fun! XD
Even without the wickedness of Mariya, Kanako also succeeds in! LOL
Narrative that maintains a acerta originality. Curious to find out what happens next! XD
Too little crackling the episode, to give full marks! ^ ^ "
Dec 28, 2014 10:09 PM

Jul 2013
great ep
Dec 12, 2015 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
I'm finding it extremely hard to care about the conflict in the show.

So far, I don't like any of the characters.

1/5

naikou said:

...mmm. I want to like this show. It's got some decent things going for it, but the humor is so inconsistent. It's like some of the time it's way too random for me to laugh at (Alaria monster? Meat jello?) and other times its just so predictable (as if it wasn't obvious enough that Kanako was going to lose the rosary, they went ahead and wasted 2 minutes telling us in advance she was going to lose it).

Seriously, wtf is going on? You could do so much with the premise (a lesbian girl matched with a cross dressing roommate) - but they keep relying on these terrible gags. The whole "sea creature" sequence just wasn't funny, and they've been using it for 2 episodes straight. Agh.

I agree.
Jan 1, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2012
i forgot to bring umbrella joke .

Apr 26, 2018 11:30 PM

Sep 2013
Not sure why so many people are liking this show. It's pretty much just a girl being mercilessly bullied by a bunch of self-absorbed assholes.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 16, 2009

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 6, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WTFwasThat - Mar 8, 2009

71 by Karva1 »»
Apr 5, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 26, 2008

248 by Karva1 »»
Apr 4, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sonja - Mar 22, 2009

155 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:03 PM

» what is this anime

Dheiftu32 - Nov 4, 2021

6 by Bowenator »»
Nov 4, 2021 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.