Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 6, 2013 7:21 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Time to enhance that Nen. Such a cute dog :3 though.

Netero spotted this episode. Shit's about to go down.

That 2 on 1 fight is pretty tense imo.
Jul 6, 2013 7:25 PM

Sep 2012
Loving how tough Knuckle acts yet he starts crying and pulls in all the bitches. Passing out after getting hit by one of Gon's Jajanken, Knuckle is definitely my fav character from this arc and can't wait until they animate his fights. Never thought we got to see Knov’s Hide and Seek this early

Oh Palm
Jul 6, 2013 7:35 PM

Jun 2012
Knuckle's awesome XD

Bahaha MH even drew that cocktease of Kurapika/Leorio? Just Togashi trolling his fan base again. Not sure if it'll end up on the CR ver though. I'll find out later when I watch on my tv

Poor Kite having your body used by Pitou as it likes
HybridMBLJul 6, 2013 7:47 PM
Jul 6, 2013 8:35 PM

Mar 2013
guys how to watch it live on crunchyroll ???
Jul 6, 2013 8:58 PM
Jun 2013
Well the Official Subs have gone with She for Neferpitou.
Jul 6, 2013 9:00 PM

Nov 2011
Envyus said:

I noticed that too.
Jul 6, 2013 9:14 PM

Aug 2012
Kite is being turned into a zombie right now, curious as to how Gon will react to that. Kuwabara was funny this episode with his random crying.

Jul 6, 2013 9:41 PM

Nov 2012
Stitches327 said:
Kite is being turned into a zombie right now, curious as to how Gon will react to that. Kuwabara was funny this episode with his random crying.

If Gon see's Kite like that there will be no holding him back I bet he'll do something crazy like a 1 on 1 fight with Neferpitou.

And damn this was a good episode the guy with the black suit he's got an interesting power it seems that he can drag people into another universe/space. Knuckle is really funny I was laughing the first time I saw him in Ep.86
Jul 6, 2013 9:43 PM

Oct 2008
Knuckle is surprisingly a nice guy.
Jul 6, 2013 9:47 PM
Nov 2012
That boss battle music at the end. This whole training with Knuckle reminds a lot of Breath of Fire 3, when Ryu and the party spent every night training with Beyd.
Jul 6, 2013 10:07 PM

Apr 2012
Knuckle's character threw me off when I first read about him in the manga. He seems like a hard ass but turns out to be a real animal lover. It's funny how dogs keep flocking to him.

And as usual, Palm is crazy.

lightline said:
guys how to watch it live on crunchyroll ???

https://www.crunchyroll.ca/freetrial/anime/?from=showmedia_trailer

Have you even gone to the website, they explain it fully when you click on a show
Jul 6, 2013 10:12 PM
May 2013
can someone tell me how many chapters this episode animated from the manga? It felt relatively slow to me even with the sparring in the end hence my reasoning for a 3/5 stars.

Still a good episode by any means and understandable to set up knuckle's character (looks like a pseudo mentor for Gon/Killua) and I'm really liking this format of showing the training and still keeping us informed on the main plot.

On a sidenote this is kinda what I felt Greed Island "lacked" in terms of story development. I personally would have liked to see both the training and say the progress of the other players especially the villains to show some sense of urgency in their need to get stronger fast to beat the game and prevent further killings from the Bombers.
Jul 6, 2013 10:15 PM

Mar 2013
who else felt sorry for the beetle lmao
Jul 6, 2013 10:19 PM

Apr 2012
Xvenger said:
can someone tell me how many chapters this episode animated from the manga? It felt relatively slow to me even with the sparring in the end hence my reasoning for a 3/5 stars.

It was Ch 202 - 204. Chapter 204 is Gyro's past, but it contains some spoilers mid-chapter (which I don't think they will include in the anime, and it does not affect anything that we have seen in the anime/manga so far). The end of the chapter is pretty much what happened at the end of this episode
Jul 6, 2013 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
lol Knuckle is really a softy as his master said to him
Jul 6, 2013 10:27 PM
May 2013
FrostToaster said:

It was Ch 202 - 204. Chapter 204 is Gyro's past, but it contains some spoilers mid-chapter (which I don't think they will include in the anime, and it does not affect anything that we have seen in the anime/manga so far). The end of the chapter is pretty much what happened at the end of this episode

ahh I see thanks. No wonder it felt like it needed a little something more for me and I don't usually mind slow pacing.

They moved Gyro's past from this ep (one of my fav scenes from this series) which would have made absolutely zero sense to me if they showed it in this episode. I hear the whole background history hasn't been shown in its entirety yet, is that what you meant by spoilers?
Jul 6, 2013 10:43 PM

Apr 2012
Xvenger said:
FrostToaster said:

ahh I see thanks. No wonder it felt like it needed a little something more for me and I don't usually mind slow pacing.

They moved Gyro's past from this ep (one of my fav scenes from this series) which would have made absolutely zero sense to me if they showed it in this episode. I hear the whole background history hasn't been shown in its entirety yet, is that what you meant by spoilers?

Well a lot of episodes are pretty much 2 - 3 chapters long, it's just that these chapters were kind of the slow part of this arc where we just keep moving between the Chimera Ants, the strike force, and Gon's group.

Well there were those spoilers and some extra stuff.
Jul 6, 2013 11:08 PM

Oct 2012
Such a cute puppy.
The seven day waiting game starts agian. :(
Jul 7, 2013 1:58 AM
Mar 2012
Not bad, at least we got some action in the end. Gon says they can't overcome everything with willpower, well that's nice to hear. It still plays a role though as Knuckle says sheer willpower is moving their tired bodies.
Jul 7, 2013 4:11 AM

Dec 2009
I wonder if Madhouse is having fun animating Knuckle?
MarowJul 7, 2013 8:06 AM
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 7, 2013 6:09 AM

Jun 2009
I just love characters like Knuckle. Big tough guy with soft side.
Jul 7, 2013 7:43 AM

Jul 2013
Love how Pitou went all mad scientist on Kite's corpse.
Jul 7, 2013 8:11 AM
Jan 2013
Hunter x hunter is getting better with every episode
Jul 7, 2013 8:27 AM

Jan 2012
-Quasar said:
I just love characters like Knuckle. Big tough guy with soft side.

I do aswell, very entertaining character when he's on screen. Hopefully next week he'll be introducing his (very interesting) nen ability. That'll be fun.

Love the way Netero and the gang were taking out those ants - those three really have perfect synergy for using stealth to reduce the ants numbers. Too bad they are taking so much time and the king is almost born. The fodder will mean almost nothing with the king and the three royal guards up. They really don't have much of a choice though obviously.
Jul 7, 2013 9:33 AM
Oct 2011
Man, the cast.. The 2nd half will be glorious with such a cast, especially that Youpi is gonna be voiced by Kenpachi's VA. I can call them eargasms. Though I'm a bit worried about the king's voice, Uchiyama/a bishie's voice might not suit him, and well, it might.

Knuckle introduced properly, finally, and a nice tease with Shoot. Don't remember we saw Shoot this early in the manga.
The fight at the end was good as well.
Candor123Jul 7, 2013 9:38 AM
Jul 7, 2013 11:23 AM
Feb 2013
Paul said:
ryshin said:
epic as always.. pitou looks so creepy.
another royal guard.
cant wait for last royal guard to be born.

What are you talking about? Pitou looks adorable as fuck.

Indeed. As fuck. :-p

_Legna_ said:
Paul said:
I think Pitou has a thing for Kaito... yandere maybe?

She's a cat, so like them she may looks adorable but she will also like to play with her prey and torture it.

Her feline nature its truly her scariest trait about her.

There, fixed! :-)

Envyus said:

Indeed, indeed. As they should have.
AnimageNebyJul 7, 2013 11:33 AM
Jul 7, 2013 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
Netero is a fucking boss and Knuckle is hilarious. Can't wait to see the king.

Also, I kinda feel a deathflag on Knuckle's dog, I don't know.
Jul 7, 2013 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
AnimageNeby said:
Paul said:
ryshin said:
another royal guard.

_Legna_ said:
Paul said:

She's a cat, so like them she may looks adorable but she will also like to play with her prey and torture it.

Envyus said:

Why? togashi intented for the character to be a male.
Throwing reason aside though, I do also enjoy Pitou more as a female.

Like everyone else, Im glad we finally got to the introduction for Knuckle. I remember the gon x knuckle scene differently in the manga though, thought it was a bti more clear that gon hit him where knuckle thought he would hit him, and i honestly dont remember him passing out.
Jul 7, 2013 12:36 PM

May 2012
That was an awesome fight between Knuckle vs Killua & Gon although it was very short. And I really like Knuckle now. He is funny.
Jul 7, 2013 12:48 PM

Dec 2007
needs more pitou!
Jul 7, 2013 1:05 PM
Jun 2013
dextronaut said:
AnimageNeby said:
Paul said:
ryshin said:
another royal guard.

_Legna_ said:
Paul said:

Envyus said:

He clearly intended for the character to ambitious or else he would have said the gender by now and he has not. The anime has clearly made her a female however.
Jul 7, 2013 1:23 PM
Feb 2013
dextronaut said:
AnimageNeby said:
Paul said:
ryshin said:
another royal guard.

_Legna_ said:
Paul said:

Envyus said:

Throwing reason aside though, I do also enjoy Pitou more as a female.

Like everyone else, Im glad we finally got to the introduction for Knuckle. I remember the gon x knuckle scene differently in the manga though, thought it was a bti more clear that gon hit him where knuckle thought he would hit him, and i honestly dont remember him passing out.

I don't agree. There is no indication that Togashi wanted her to be male. In fact, it's pretty clear he wanted Pitou to remain ambiguous concerning her gender. He could have very, very easily made it abundantly clear in stating clearly 'she' or 'he'. He didn't. I don't think this is coincidence, I think it's deliberately.

The only time something of a gender was implied, was when he likened her to a 'mother cat', which would rather indicate her to be female.

Point being, since she's portrayed with an unclear gender, one can use either way, and I'm glad they choose female. She pretty much looks and acts like a female too, after all. And she's pretty hot (despite being an amoral perverted bitch).

I think her character is well done. While being extremely strong and threatening, with an unsettling aura and attitude, I don't think she's actually malevolent in the classical sense. It's not that she is immoral, she's amoral. She casually kills and tortures, but more like a cat playing with her prey, not because of planned, deliberate malevolence to commit a crime. We can find a cat 'playing' with her prey (a mouse, for instance) cruel and consider it a form of 'torture' too, but for the cat itself it's normal behaviour and she does it without second thought.

Pitou is the same: she's pretty hot and attractive, she's playful, she's cute...you would want to stroke her (and such ;-p). At the same time, she's doing things we would find cruel and she has quite the ferocious, feline attitude too. It's a very intriguing combination, and Togashi made a very interesting and pretty original character that way.
Jul 7, 2013 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
perfect episode as always
Netero its such a boss
Knov nen ability its one of the best we seen so far
i cant wait to see what happen next the king its almost born what its gonna happen?!?
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Jul 7, 2013 2:13 PM
May 2012
Pitou is female I don't get why people think she is male.
Jul 7, 2013 2:33 PM
May 2013
AnimageNeby said:

I don't agree.

your entire post is probably the most rational and one I could totally accept out of all the debate about Pitou's gender.
Jul 7, 2013 3:20 PM

Oct 2011
Go Gon and Killua XD

Wow @ Knov, Morel, and Netero's teamwork

OMG Pitou 0___0

The Ants make their move
Jul 7, 2013 3:23 PM

Jan 2008
As much as I love Pitou, I'm dumbfounded at how she knows chemistry/science and where they got all that electronic equipment.
Jul 7, 2013 3:34 PM

Oct 2009
Demonspeed said:
Pitou is female I don't get why people think she is male.

Pitou was strongly hinted as a male in the manga, I think even Togashi said so.
Jul 7, 2013 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
Paul said:
As much as I love Pitou, I'm dumbfounded at how she knows chemistry/science and where they got all that electronic equipment.

The Chimera ants adopt the traits of whatever humans they are "made" from so she gained her knowledge from a scientist guy or something, probably one of the guys working behind the scenes of NGL. The equipment was probably taken from the NGL base that was sacked earlier.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2013 3:40 PM
May 2013
Paul said:

books and they probably took the same lab equipment the NGL underground drug factory has

It's already established that these Ants are faaasssttttt learners just from Peggy alone haha
Jul 7, 2013 3:44 PM

Nov 2011
What the hell is a 'human meatball'?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 7, 2013 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
Xvenger said:
Paul said:

books and they probably took the same lab equipment the NGL underground drug factory has

It's already established that these Ants are faaasssttttt learners just from Peggy alone haha

Ah, that's right. Damn, I forgot that she read those books soon after she was first born. Obviously I was wrong about what I stated. I guess that's the danger of watching a show weekly.

Zee530 said:
What the hell is a 'human meatball'?

Isn't it obvious? A meatball made out of.....human meat.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2013 3:49 PM

Jan 2008
insan3soldiern said:
Paul said:

The Chimera ants adopt the traits of whatever humans they are "made" from so she gained her knowledge from a scientist guy or something, probably one of the guys working behind the scenes of NGL. The equipment was probably taken from the NGL base that was sacked earlier.

Xvenger said:
Paul said:

Understandable for the knowledge I guess.

But for the equipment, I was thinking that too but those NGL guys just happen to have one of those huge containers Pitou put Kite in? Ehhhh??? They were making drugs, not doing human experiments...
Jul 7, 2013 4:09 PM

Oct 2011
In the official Hunter x Hunter databook, Pitou was noted as being male. Thus, a majority of people have accepted Pitou's gender to be male. There is the simple answer for those wondering why people would think of Pitou as a male.
Jul 7, 2013 4:15 PM
May 2013
Paul said:

But for the equipment, I was thinking that too but those NGL guys just happen to have one of those huge containers Pitou put Kite in? Ehhhh??? They were making drugs, not doing human experiments...

ye well I'm gonna be the first one here to say I'm not qualified in any way to make any confirmation on the legitimate use of those lab equipment. Only got a C in chemistry so I'm not gonna even try to argue that hahaha

but who knows really. The ants could have constructed these parts themselves or maybe NGL drug lords have a really ghetto or unorthodox way of cooking this good shit. Either way, I think we're both over-thinking this through lol

fearthebeard85 said:
In the official Hunter x Hunter databook, Pitou was noted as being male. Thus, a majority of people have accepted Pitou's gender to be male. There is the simple answer for those wondering why people would think of Pitou as a male.

cool. I hear the validity of that is also contested somehow but regardless, the anime went with female just to make our lives easier and I'm gonna go with that since I'm only an anime viewer. I guess manga and anime fans can just treat this as a slight change...I doubt Pitou is gonna end up in some romantic affair anyway since I predict they're all gonna bite the dust in the end
XvengerJul 7, 2013 4:24 PM
Jul 7, 2013 4:17 PM

Jan 2008
Xvenger said:
Paul said:

ye well I'm gonna be the first one here to say I'm not qualified in any way to make any confirmation on the legitimate use of those lab equipment. Only got a C in chemistry so I'm not gonna even try to argue that hahaha

but who knows really. The ants could have constructed these parts themselves or maybe NGL drug lords have a really ghetto or unorthodox way of cooking this good shit. Either way, I think we're both over-thinking this through lol

Yea I know, it's just one of those things I nitpick at every now and then. Lols.
Jul 7, 2013 4:18 PM

Oct 2008
If we want to try to come up an explanation for the glass case, then we could surmise that she retrofitted it from the existing equipment.

Edit: One thing I am wondering though is why they went to Pitou and Pitou only about what to do concerning the enemy. Are they unaware of Shaiapouf's existence yet or does Pitou outrank Shaiapouf? Both of those explanations seem odd to me. *not interested in manga spoilers*
n10sityJul 7, 2013 4:40 PM
Jul 7, 2013 7:24 PM

Nov 2012
Paul said:

Good observation. My only guess is that it would make some sense for NGL to have some machines to study the effects of the drugs on humans (like a "quality control" of sorts). Perhaps Pitou adapted some of these. I don't remember much from the manga but I thought they'd shown Pitou's ability by this point.
Jul 7, 2013 7:26 PM
Jun 2013
n10sity said:
If we want to try to come up an explanation for the glass case, then we could surmise that she retrofitted it from the existing equipment.

Edit: One thing I am wondering though is why they went to Pitou and Pitou only about what to do concerning the enemy. Are they unaware of Shaiapouf's existence yet or does Pitou outrank Shaiapouf? Both of those explanations seem odd to me. *not interested in manga spoilers*

Pitou has the largest En in the series so she would know were ever the intruders are once they act. Pitou is also older then Shaiapouf so I guess she could outrank him
Jul 7, 2013 10:40 PM
May 2012
fearthebeard85 said:

And is the official databook
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
9 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.