Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 22, 2013 9:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This episode was bad.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 22, 2013 10:26 PM
Oct 2008
That old cop is going to be waiting a loooooong time for Tsukino to get out of prison [or the psych-ward].
Mar 22, 2013 10:56 PM

Dec 2008
mora404 said:
I think most of us saw it coming, that the female cop was the criminal.

Someone last week said she would have a split personality... I didn't think that would be the case. I'm sorta disappointed that the female cop was guilty. I wanted a little more intrigue. Everything got wrapped up a little too neatly... And then throw in a love confession! I hate to say it... I have enjoyed this show... But I thought this episode could have been better.

Agreed. I had such high hopes for this show starting out...now it's just gotten so disappointing.

This show has some real strengths, but it's like they can't figure out how to put it together. That little 'tee-hee' bit with Moritani hiding her panties was SO incredibly out of place it was painful. Read the mood, man, or in this case, stick to it. This show has that problem lately... it's like the author decided he couldn't go a whole scene without a comedic bit. It really hurts the cohesiveness of the show, in my opinion.
Mar 23, 2013 3:24 AM
Feb 2012
DekoMage said:
This show went downhill quite a while ago.

Well received at the start, then it degraded into a generic comedy.
Now with the murderer arc, they rushed it into ~2-3 episodes, rushed Mori's confession, and actually pulled the MURDERER IS DETECTIVE cliche. (which wasn't obvious from the start)

Also the split personality self conversation was poorly executed.
And Kotoura stopped her with a cheesy speech.

And Manabe makes it to the roof with no prior knowledge and with godlike timing and speed.

Another +1 here. Everything was rushed to the extreme! With Mori's feelings that originated from her childhood, it must be really hard to just get rejected so simply. I laughed at the split personality self convo part! It really was pathetic :(
although I have to let Kotoura-chan's cheesy speech slide just this once ;)
Manade is just keeping his promise. He is the Edward to Kotoura (you can hate me for making that reference)
Mar 23, 2013 5:18 AM

Feb 2008
Uh, wow. I heard how awful this episode was but that took me by surprise. It's almost like they are trying to parody every bad drama cliche, but the sad fact is that this is genuine. There are so many problems here that it is impossible to cover them in a succinct manner.

During the first episode, this was hovering around a 5 for me. It's slowly worsened to the point of being a 2 now. Unbelievable.
Mar 23, 2013 8:35 AM

Dec 2009
... this was awful. Wow.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 23, 2013 9:06 AM

Mar 2011
mora404 said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
MorningGlory said:
Manabe>Kodaka

Lies.

People here sound so disappointed with this episode, and complain how downhill Kotoura-san has fallen.

I disagree, Kotoura-san hasn't fallen at all, it was always this shit, you guys just didn't notice.

One bad episode does not mean a bad series.

11 bad episodes do though.
Mar 23, 2013 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
sweet ep
Mar 23, 2013 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, that was a lot of cliches to take in all at once.
Mar 24, 2013 6:10 AM

Nov 2010
What are they gonna do in 1 last episode?
i hope the don't ruin the story between kotoura and her mother.
Mar 24, 2013 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
The downhill of kotoura started in episode 5. I'm astonished (well, not really) when people talk about this episode. The nonsense begins with moritani acting like a eternal friend with kotoura in EPISODE 5 (and successives episodes). I think that situation doesn't make sense and ruin the show for me. Lot of people need to read its own comments back then before complaining with the actual arc.
Mar 24, 2013 3:53 PM

Dec 2011
In a way I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't think it is going downhill.
Mar 24, 2013 4:28 PM

Mar 2013
Typical that the detective was the attacker all along.
Typical that Kotoura would cry about her friends getting hurt and run off by herself, leaving her completely vulnerable.
Typical that Manabe would show up at the very last second.
Typical that the detective had a split personality.

This episode was so generic, predicatable and downright boring that I can't give it any higher than a 2/5.
I feel like the last episode is going to disappoint me just as much.
Mar 24, 2013 4:37 PM

Jun 2012
I agree with Kotoura, she shouldn't have ever existed. That would make so much easier. Her way of thinkin process is so false.
ChepriMar 24, 2013 4:45 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 24, 2013 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
First thoughts:
-Ooh he(she) certainly looked like the cop girl, and a cop gets training in fighting soo that might be the reason she(he) was able to take down Mori! Mori! Mori! :D
-Her SMILE :| when she brought Kotoura to her house. And her freckles seem to be less visible too. It's so suspicious.

-Her background story too, sounds like she could be the criminal just because she was bullied. I can see why she would, then she was left alone because she was strong. Feared by others.. :|

-OH NOES I was right-ish, well I didn't want to believe it... but it is her!
-OH so that's what it is a second personality!
-And aww :( I wanted to see Manabe fight like a boss :).

Final thoughts:
Awesome episode, awesome anime. Hope to see a new season soon!
So we also get to see Moritani's feelings, somehow she get's the worst part but well she can find another boyfriend too :P(felt bad seeing her cry). Also a little dissapointed that it was the cop, if only it would have been a sister of the cop :)).

And next episode seems interesting, saw her mother in the preview.

Now considering the comments and an overall look, for some reason I can see them finishing the whole anime in one episode. Only because this episode felt a little rushed, and the cop girl wasn't such a cliché.
ao_no_exoMar 24, 2013 4:49 PM
Mar 24, 2013 5:06 PM
Feb 2013
So all they have is one episode left, so what are they going to do now? The show basically ended with this episode spending an entire episode to wrap things up is a bit of a waste.
Mar 24, 2013 9:47 PM

Nov 2007
I feel like this series took a wrong turn.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 24, 2013 10:01 PM

Oct 2011
So with this episode, I predict that the final episode will be Kotoura forgiving her mother.

I hope she doesn't though
Mar 25, 2013 4:04 PM

Dec 2007
Episode was awful? Yes.

But,

They did the female Adachi better than the Persona 4 The Animation portrayed Adachi.

The Persona 4 game Adachi rapes every other Adachis though, without blinking twice.

And the Kotoura anime is way better than the manga. I blame the bad source material for the massive drop of quality, since when the Kotoura anime didn't follow the manga, it was awesome as fuk, Like the first episode.
Mar 26, 2013 5:19 PM

Mar 2013
it's stupid how at the end they all forgive her, I mean she still killed people, like the other detective, oh! when your out i'll treat you to a meal!! Really!??? Won't she be in Jail FOR LIFE???

Mar 26, 2013 10:02 PM

Jun 2012
UsakoMoon said:
it's stupid how at the end they all forgive her, I mean she still killed people, like the other detective, oh! when your out i'll treat you to a meal!! Really!??? Won't she be in Jail FOR LIFE???

Why do people keep saying she killed people?

She didn't kill a single person, only hospitalized them.
Mar 27, 2013 7:13 PM

Jun 2011
Why kotoura-san, why? This series was doing so good, up until this episode, I think it really fell apart here, hopefully the last episode will be good.
Mar 27, 2013 8:44 PM

Jun 2009
.... I'm having very mixed reaction toward this storyline...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2013 11:13 PM

Aug 2011
Why did this show randomly decide to have an actual story arc (and a boring one at that) right at the end? Really disappointed, although this show was never really THAT good to begin with.
Mar 28, 2013 11:34 AM
Dec 2012
This just fucking sucked.
Mar 28, 2013 2:32 PM

Apr 2010
I knew i was hoping for to much during this episode but well nothing to do about it this anime has one episode left to redeem itself but i doubt it will.
Seeing the preview and all.
Mar 28, 2013 4:40 PM
Nov 2011
female cop == assailant. Yeah it was fairly obvious

And yeah kotoura's woe is me attitude sucks, but some people struggle a lot with things. However, I like how manabe came through when it mattered.

I think some people don't like this arc, but it was obvious that the president had to learn what she had in the other guy before it was too late. Now they can go somewhere together.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 29, 2013 12:45 AM

Nov 2012
This episode was bad. It fucked up the anime.
Mar 29, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2013
aww nice ;))
Mar 30, 2013 10:19 PM

Jul 2008
The ending was pretty freaking stupid. A split personality? Her partner basically brushing off her crimes and asking to take her out to dinner someday? Really?

I did like the Moritani confession and the hospital scene with Mifune and Muroto though.

This show needs to decide (or I guess should have decided) what it was going to be. Mindless slice of life romantic comedy, real storylines, dramedy. Idk.
Mar 31, 2013 6:33 PM

Feb 2009
>.> the whole thing is so stupid.
Apr 4, 2013 6:47 AM
Oct 2011
This anime would've been worth 8/10 without this detective shit, but because of it I gave it only 7/10. The culprit was obvious from the beginning, I knew who did it since the first scene she was in. Detective's assistant, a klutz with useless personality, it's been done so many times before. I hate it how many modern animes start out so well but are then ruined by minor things such as this.
Apr 6, 2013 2:16 PM

Feb 2010
...split...personality...?

Mehh. I just finished the shitshow that is Amnesia...
Apr 6, 2013 6:30 PM

Nov 2007
This plot arc would've been stupid even if the lead chick couldn't read minds. Split personality, my butt; what a lame excuse.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Apr 9, 2013 8:20 PM
Feb 2011
This whole episode was pointless... I could have told you what was going to happen from start to end. The ending of the episode was oh so over used in anime....

Oh and Manabe should have been late and Kotoura should have been hit.... Would have been for much more enjoyable and emotional end plus Manabe could have actually done something of use for once (like stopping the attacker). Sadly they had to have a nice peaceful talk that stopped it all...

2/10 for this ep
Apr 11, 2013 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
split personality answers the question how she evaded Kotoura mind reading power!!!
Apr 11, 2013 2:31 PM

Oct 2012
Well, that was weird.. detective should put no mercy for someone who murdered several girls.. and also Kotoura's reaction.. they could end it otherwise.
Apr 29, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Who said that from the last episode he was sure that the female cop is the serial attacker of the highschool girls?

Anyone who actually paid attention.
Jul 28, 2013 9:48 AM

Dec 2012
Knew it was the detective! I was wondering why Kotoura wasn't picking up any weird thoughts haha, to think it was like a split-personality! I didn't like the ending that much but oh well awww
Dec 29, 2013 6:46 PM

Jan 2012
yawn...
Jan 19, 2014 3:06 AM

Aug 2013
Wait what? I get that she never killed anyone but it's definitely assault leading to physical injuries. How can the police just brush it off like that? This is making my head hurt...
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 6, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2012
I knew it! But well it's good that it got resolved without too much harm! The confession of Moritani was a nice extra touch to this episode and well let's see what the last episode has to offer!
Jun 14, 2014 1:37 AM

Jun 2012
And we finally come full circle with the bullshit. The remaining remnants of sanity in this anime pissed out the window. Why the hell would Manabe retrospectively take back and apologize for the stuff he said to Moritani? She was being a massive cunt. Hell, what he said in response to her bullying Kotoura probably wasn't going far enough considering the situation. And that's ignoring the fact she had goons kick the shit out of him for no reason too. Disgusting. Not to mention the entire confession was horribly mistimed and unnecessary to begin with.

I did enjoy Moritani getting her ass kicked by Aki though. She looked badass with her hood/smooth moves.
Sep 6, 2014 2:48 AM

Apr 2012
-hydro. said:
Why the hell would Manabe retrospectively take back and apologize for the stuff he said to Moritani? She was being a massive cunt. Hell, what he said in response to her bullying Kotoura probably wasn't going far enough considering the situation. And that's ignoring the fact she had goons kick the shit out of him for no reason too. Disgusting. Not to mention the entire confession was horribly mistimed and unnecessary to begin with.

I'll answer everything for you. Manabe took everything back because Moritani DID change the way she thinks (for the better I might add). Why should Manabe continue to remind her of the disgusting person that she WAS and not the new woman she IS now? That's the better question.

Also, the mistiming of Moritani's confession was more HER fault, not the writer's. She had YEARS to do this, but never did. However, the confession WAS necessary because why keep potentially loose romantic threads hanging? Isn't complete closure nice in a story that probably isn't going to have a sequel?

-hydro said:
And that's ignoring the fact she had goons kick the shit out of him for no reason too. Disgusting.

Yes it was rather disgusting for her to do; but remember at this point, Moritani was too nervous to admit her true feelings for Manabe directly and that she perceives Kotoura to be a romantic rival. Obviously, she could not send the goons after Kotoura or the plan would be revealed before it could do anything. By sending the goons after Manabe, Moritani (correctly) predicted that this would indirectly affect Kotoura into doing something she would not have otherwise done. Think back to the fortune teller scene and how Moritani psychologically manipulated Kotoura; same deal here.
aNinjaWithAIDSSep 6, 2014 2:58 AM
Sep 20, 2014 2:24 AM

Dec 2012
:O
Speechless :O

- barely alive -
Dec 28, 2014 4:01 AM
Jun 2014
bull cr4ap shyt
Mar 25, 2015 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
Episode a little mortifying my expectations regarding the actions undertaken by the protagonists, specifically the reasons that have brought the story in terms with which we are presented.
Especially the ending is somewhat trivial, what a pity.
Narrative that I enjoyed when Manabe comes with Moritani to discuss their relationship, only there I found the story and appreciated the humor expressed.
Plot that closes an arc that could be better managed extensively.
Drawings and animations good, I hope that at least the ending is decent.
Moritani is my favorite character.
Mar 25, 2015 11:19 AM

May 2008
Too bad it doesn't have such an big impact like the first episode but it was not that bad... just a little too obvious :P
Jul 26, 2015 8:51 PM
May 2010
This episode is.... not sure how to explain it... an asspull? Plot twist? Or asstwist?

How the heck can a detective be a criminal at the same time and get away with the crimes?

How the heck did No One recognize her face or hairstyle, despite her being actively involved in the investigation? She wasn't even covering her face.... just simply wearing a jacket or whatever... wow!

What did she have against the president anyways?

And what kind of preferential treatment is this? Wasn't she supposed to receive severe punishment? Like a formal public announcement or some sort? She needs to be responsible for not just the girls, but to the whole public being deceived by her "investigation". And how much shame would it bring upon the police force? Jeez...What is the author thinking?? Can't just play it off like "ah, whatever.. its almost the end..."

Isn't it the fault of police for not thoroughly investigated into her criminal background before granting her the job?

How was she so easily persuaded just by a few words?

How was Kotoura not able to read into the detective's mind when she was just literally right next to her?

In a few words of conclusion: I guess that is exactly why most police suck in anime. In almost all the animes I have watched, the police are always useless, even Detective Conan.
Jul 31, 2015 9:17 PM

Apr 2012
jimmy2027 said:
This episode is.... not sure how to explain it... an asspull? Plot twist? Or asstwist?

I can explain these things for you, most of which was all very subtlely foreshadowed.

jimmy2027 said:
How the heck can a detective be a criminal at the same time and get away with the crimes?

The actual criminal is a split personality, a purely mental being born of her anger, jealousy, and pain. You can't arrest a psychological disorder.

jimmy2027 said:
How the heck did No One recognize her face or hairstyle, despite her being actively involved in the investigation? She wasn't even covering her face.... just simply wearing a jacket or whatever... wow!

The jacket had a hood on it. She also has long, thick bangs which cover most of her face by hunching her head downwards.

jimmy2027 said:
What did she have against the president anyways?

Sounds like someone didn't pay attention to Det. Aki's flashback.

Similarly to Haruka, Det. Aki was a "bully magnet" -- this time for being tall rather than telepathic. Once she became strong enough to fight back against them, everyone else feared and hated her more. Ergo, Det. Aki had grown up without friends. She's targeting these high school girls because she's envious. Yuriko fulfills this trigger, and Haruka even more so despite being "a monster".

jimmy2027 said:
And what kind of preferential treatment is this? Wasn't she supposed to receive severe punishment? Like a formal public announcement or some sort? She needs to be responsible for not just the girls, but to the whole public being deceived by her "investigation". And how much shame would it bring upon the police force? Jeez...What is the author thinking?? Can't just play it off like "ah, whatever.. its almost the end..."

Like I said earlier, you can't arrest and reform a psychological disorder with any kind of prison sentence.

jimmy2027 said:
Isn't it the fault of police for not thoroughly investigated into her criminal background before granting her the job?

She didn't have a criminal background; it was clean.

jimmy2027 said:
How was she so easily persuaded just by a few words?

With her telepathy, Haruka was trying to talk to the actual Det. Aki and intentionally ignoring the split personality that entire time. Recall the part of the conversation where the split personality said "She's just a kid!" and Haruka responds with "I can hear your voice, Tsukino-san. Even I was able to change" After that, we get this line from the actual Tsukino to break the split personality:

"If you leave it at this, you'll just be a criminal! I'll keep helping you! So stop! Stop! STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!"

jimmy2027 said:
How was Kotoura not able to read into the detective's mind when she was just literally right next to her?

By this same logic, Haruka should have also been able to know immediately that Yoshihisa was planning a surprise party during episode 7's second half upon being with him the few times she was; but she could not read this thought. Why is this? The answer: Haruka can hear only the person's most current thoughts as they are thinking them. Remember that Haruka cannot control her telepathy, so this caveat is actually a safeguard against sensory overload from people's memories. However, this ability still hears the most intense thoughts the "loudest".

In much the same vein, Det. Aki's split personality resided in her own subconscious -- far away from the front of her own mind, the thoughts Haruka would definitely hear. While Yoshihisa had to spend great effort to exploit this caveat though times tables and reciting multiple digits of pi, Aki didn't really have this issue.
aNinjaWithAIDSJul 31, 2015 9:22 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

196 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

299 by _untitled »»
Mar 11, 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.