Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2013 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol'd @ Daichi this episode. Oh God.

I found this to be another entertaining episode. Dat karoke. I also see an angry Hiyori at karate. Pissed off huh?

I see some punks picking on Manabe..because of events from latest episode. Good episode again, loved it. Drama and tensions got intense later on. This show continues to make an impression on me.

Stark700Jan 24, 2013 11:35 AM
Jan 24, 2013 9:28 AM

May 2009
So fun
Jan 24, 2013 11:01 AM

Mar 2012
Where's that meme pic of where I can't hold all these feels??
I'm a sad panda this ep

On a lighter note, I would also like to get a love bento made by Kotoura while she wears sheep clothing xD
Jan 24, 2013 11:07 AM
Aug 2010
I want to kill that red-haired bitch.
Jan 24, 2013 11:17 AM

Aug 2011
Although Moritani has left an even worse impression on me. I don't fucking CARE if you liked him. You don't get five guys to beat up one guy on the basis of a LIE. You don't bully a girl you don't know and CONTINUE to bully her after seeing how she feels. Honestly, at this point in time, she's just a bully and I could care less about her. I tried looking from her point of view. The bullying was horrible, but it's something that happens. But this episode? That's just crossing the line. I don't see how any part of her can be charming.

The entire episode had me drowning in feels though. This episode. D': Kotoura D'''': I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a post that was deleted.
LunaJan 26, 2013 2:22 AM
Jan 24, 2013 11:21 AM

Jul 2010
lol @ the OP being sung by Haruka in a bad way at the karaoke place.

Well, it looks like it will be time to search for where Haruka ran off to.
Elite60Jan 24, 2013 2:50 PM
Jan 24, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
So happy. So fun. I wouldn't juge Moritani for acting that way tho.
Jan 24, 2013 11:26 AM
Feb 2012
This anime is kinda rushed, isn't it? If she'd ever dissapear because someone is getting hurt, it should be at least a few episode later. I really love this anime, the it's really funny, and i love the story, but why did she have to dissapear?? it's kinda cliché but i can understand why. I hope kotoura will be happy:)
When i started this anime i didn't expect this to be this kind of story, i thought it would be something like acchi kocchi. But i like this more than acchikocchi ;) this has a shoujo manga feel to it to me ;)
btw i reaaly like the ending ;)
Jan 24, 2013 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
BTW, in the manga concerning Yoshihisa's beatdown:
Jan 24, 2013 11:35 AM

Aug 2011
Elite60 said:
BTW, in the manga concerning Yoshihisa's beatdown:

Oh, interesting. D": Poor Manabe.
Jan 24, 2013 11:44 AM

Feb 2012
I still can't believe Moritani is actually a main character that eventually joins the gang ( Going by the OP/ED )

After all she's done... what a bitch. I see no way for her to redeem herself at this point.
Jan 24, 2013 11:50 AM

Apr 2008
NO, why?!
Hope she'll come back.

Another great ep.

Jan 24, 2013 12:00 PM

Oct 2009
I still can't understand what Mifune want to do with Kotoura, I hope she can show her true self soon.
Jan 24, 2013 12:01 PM

Aug 2011
I loved when she sung her own OP :D
Jan 24, 2013 12:02 PM

Mar 2012
The romance and drama elements are still dreadfully executed, but I found myself enjoying the comedy here. In particular, that karaoke scene was pretty entertaining. On the other hand, many of the other jokes are starting to wear out their welcome. Hero-san's perverted fantasies may have been vaguely amusing at first, but there hasn't been enough variation to keep them fresh. Overall, probably the best episode yet, though that isn't saying much.
Jan 24, 2013 12:02 PM

Feb 2008
I'm pretty sure Moritani would blame herself at her fault that Kotoura-san leaving, move away.
It's probably a time skip you can't leave the hospital in just one day after such a injured.
Sorry but I can't really dislike Moritani for what she has done and beside Kotoura-san is not that kind of person that will hate her or something like that.
I'm pretty sure they will become friends.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 24, 2013 12:10 PM

Aug 2010
Luckily that bitch knows what she has done and is driven mad by guilt. Still, she needs to be slapped to her senses, and from the opinions in this thread, I think we'll have to form a line for that.

Other than that, the romance between Manabe and Kotoura was sweet as honey <3 especially all the blushes.

Also, Sheepoura FTW I feel like having some mutton now
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 24, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2010
What a dick move on that girls parts, now Kotoura has move again.
Jan 24, 2013 12:22 PM

May 2011
Damn it, Kotoura really shouldn't blame herself for something like this, not her fault at all. :'(
Jan 24, 2013 12:28 PM

Nov 2009
This anime has so many great moments from the day it started airing, cries
Jan 24, 2013 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
The Karaoke with the OP was awesome :D
The next episode looks good too ^^
Jan 24, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2012
Once again a damn good episode. Hate Moritani even more, hope she stays forever alone.

Jan 24, 2013 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
ownosourus said:
Once again a damn good episode. Hate Moritani even more, hope she stays forever alone.

^this
love this anime hope it doesn;t have a bad ending :)
Jan 24, 2013 12:53 PM

Oct 2012
am I the only one curious to know if mifune will end up hurting kotoura or not? because she said this whole acting on being a good senpai thingy.
Jan 24, 2013 12:54 PM

Oct 2012
Haha, manabe thinks he can keep a secret by just thinking in his head. That was a great episode. Despite what moritani did, I think she just let her anger/ jealousy get the best of her. I'm pretty sure she feels like shit knowing kotoura left due to that inccident, which I think is more effective than just getting bitch slapped.. especially if manabe finds out she was the reason he got injured, and why kotoura left.
Jan 24, 2013 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
For once I thought the one that was going to get beaten up is Kotoura >< what horrible things Moritani did there, I hope you'd learn your lesson! D:

What's with the sudden plot twist? Where did Kotoura go? No more "sacrifice myself for the greater good" please! Oh Manabe you will have to find her! T.T

btw who in the world took the bentos on the desk??
Jan 24, 2013 1:01 PM

Jan 2011
I wonder why Kotoura-chan suddenly disappeared D:

Jan 24, 2013 1:36 PM

Mar 2011
3:

This show never does things by half measures, it goes over the top with everything, a show completely lacking subtlety, from comedy to story to melodrama to plotting.

"So, you think Kotoura-san is cute? HELL YES SHE IS!!! HERE'S HER BEING CUTE! HERE'S A CUTE FACE! HERE'S ANOTHER! ANOTHER! ANOTHER! ANOTHER! Are you saying D'awwwwwwww yet? SAY AWWWWW NOW!!!! Did we mention she was cute? HERE'S ANOTHER!"

Then there's the plot:
So, Moritani is really really mad that Manabe got angry at her because she was being a bitch (or in her eyes simple defending territory, I'm pretty sure some of these characters operate on primal instincts), so in her rage she gets some people to beat him up, or "rough him up".... Right, why? I imagine she must have been angry at Manabe for shouting at her and falling for that little bitch (her thoughts not mine), but really? When they told the class and she started saying to herself "I only did it so...." (or something like that) I was waiting for her reason, then she got interrupted and it was forgotten. I was disappointed that they didn't tell us why she did it, and then I was like "Ah, I see what you did there", of course they didn't tell us, they hadn't made one for her, it was just some random plot device to cause Kotoura-san to leave.

I feel sorry for Kotoura, she must be really really really warped to think she was at fault. It's a result of her childhood obviously, but still, wow, that's as bad as that girl from SZS who blames everything ever on herself.

So, over the top story (or plot device), over the top reaction (i.e. plot device), over the top plot development. Seems about right.

kenshin_sama said:
Damn it, Kotoura really shouldn't blame herself for something like this, not her fault at all. :'(

Dude, how else are they going to bring in even more emotional scenes if she doesn't react in this stupid horribly tragic way? I hope you're not being unreasonable and expecting a realistic turn of events.
Jan 24, 2013 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
^what are you talking about ? her reason is she is angry and frustrated that manabe keeps rejecting her and like kotura , she wanted to hurt him like he hurt her etc....
Jan 24, 2013 1:44 PM

Feb 2010
tsudecimo said:
ownosourus said:

^this

This show is such BABY MAMA DRAMA!!!

..but I also want that redhead bitch to be forever alone!
Jan 24, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2011
My god I shed a tear after hearing Manabe was in the hospital. Another great episode
Jan 24, 2013 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
Kotoura is so beautiful... it honestly surprised me when she forgave Moritani so easily, and even pushed the blame onto herself. And wow, I didn't expect her to actually transfer to another school, that was pretty extreme. I just thought she was going to pull a Sawako and not talk to Manabe anymore XD but huh. I hope this turns out well! Feeling pretty sad .___.

But this episode was really cute ^_^
Jan 24, 2013 1:57 PM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
ownosourus said:

^this

I am pretty sure this anime doesn't have a bad ending, it is pretty generic so far or at least I would call it generic after the break in episode 1.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jan 24, 2013 2:09 PM
Aug 2011
Okay i'll admit that her just leaving was too much.
Childhood trauma llama but come on girl, you know that aside from the dirty thoughts he's always been positive towards you.

Moritani what. the. hell. sending 4 grown-ass men to beat up a high school boy.
Let's push aside Kotoura's problems for a second because damn she's got issues of her own. Then there's the other ESP girl plotting things.

Also there's Moritani all chummy with everyone in the OP so there goes the hope that she'll end up forever alone.
Jan 24, 2013 2:11 PM

Dec 2011
Oerall random episode but really touching at the end

How do they achieve that?
Jan 24, 2013 2:14 PM

Dec 2009
The karaoke scene was hilarious, while the ending was sad and emotional. How they continue to pull off such strong juxtapositions of styles is anyone's guess, but as long as it works I ain't complaining.
Ara ara.
Jan 24, 2013 2:16 PM

Oct 2012
Whats with anime girls running away because of misinterpretation...so annoying :(

Nonetheless, a pretty entertaining episode
Jan 24, 2013 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know why, but it annoyed me that she didn't take her bag with her to the hospital haha. Decent episode, Moritani is a bitch as usual.
Jan 24, 2013 2:35 PM

May 2011
InfiniteRyvius said:
kenshin_sama said:

Dude, how else are they going to bring in even more emotional scenes if she doesn't react in this stupid horribly tragic way? I hope you're not being unreasonable and expecting a realistic turn of events.

And I'm fine with that. It fits my preferences really well and I can't help but enjoy experience. Sure it might not be for everyone and I can clearly see that it's not your ideal type of anime, but it certainly is one hell of an emotional experience for me (even if it is a flawed anime). You could also say that I'm partially biased towards this anime because of something I've read in the Rewrite visual novel that sort of resembles the story with Kotoura.
Jan 24, 2013 2:57 PM

Feb 2008
I want to murder ther red haired bitch !!!!!!1

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 24, 2013 3:10 PM

Mar 2012
kenshin_sama said:
You could also say that I'm partially biased towards this anime because of something I've read in the Rewrite visual novel that sort of resembles the story with Kotoura.

I happen to be reading Rewrite as well (just finished all the character routes and quests that I can do before Moon/Terra) and I'm curious as to what you're referring to. I can't think of anything in Rewrite that resembles Kotoura's situation at all.

(If it's something in Moon/Terra, don't spoil it)
NotDolphyJan 24, 2013 3:43 PM
Jan 24, 2013 3:23 PM

Dec 2011
I was hoping to see more interactions/developments between Mifune and Kotoura; I'm more interested in that than the Moritani affair. The drama in it feels kind of forced to me, but it's an okay episode overall.
Jan 24, 2013 3:23 PM

Jun 2010
I knew that red-hair-bitch would cause problems one day. But according to the OP and ED, the red-hair-bitch and Kotoura are going to be the best of friends after the red-hair-bitch apologizes.

I hate how animes always mess around with my heart. I hate a character from the bottom of my heart and then poof, it just disappears.

Jan 24, 2013 3:29 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Bloody Hell.

Interesting, Manabe apparently gave almost as good as he got.

Also, apparently, Mifune is still looking to use Kotoura and, more interestingly, is able to hide this from her.
Jan 24, 2013 3:31 PM

May 2011
InfiniteRyvius said:
3:

This show never does things by half measures, it goes over the top with everything, a show completely lacking subtlety, from comedy to story to melodrama to plotting.

"So, you think Kotoura-san is cute? HELL YES SHE IS!!! HERE'S HER BEING CUTE! HERE'S A CUTE FACE! HERE'S ANOTHER! ANOTHER! ANOTHER! ANOTHER! Are you saying D'awwwwwwww yet? SAY AWWWWW NOW!!!! Did we mention she was cute? HERE'S ANOTHER!"

Then there's the plot:
So, Moritani is really really mad that Manabe got angry at her because she was being a bitch (or in her eyes simple defending territory, I'm pretty sure some of these characters operate on primal instincts), so in her rage she gets some people to beat him up, or "rough him up".... Right, why? I imagine she must have been angry at Manabe for shouting at her and falling for that little bitch (her thoughts not mine), but really? When they told the class and she started saying to herself "I only did it so...." (or something like that) I was waiting for her reason, then she got interrupted and it was forgotten. I was disappointed that they didn't tell us why she did it, and then I was like "Ah, I see what you did there", of course they didn't tell us, they hadn't made one for her, it was just some random plot device to cause Kotoura-san to leave.

I feel sorry for Kotoura, she must be really really really warped to think she was at fault. It's a result of her childhood obviously, but still, wow, that's as bad as that girl from SZS who blames everything ever on herself.

So, over the top story (or plot device), over the top reaction (i.e. plot device), over the top plot development. Seems about right.

kenshin_sama said:

You're a guy. So your thinking logically. and you are right to an extent. However there's a flaw in your argument. Which is teenage girls rarely if ever act things out logically. They are an emotional irrational mess. They only ever try use logic so they can justify their emotional warped thoughts.

I figure Kotoura's irrational feeling of guilt is due to the fact that all of her relationships with friend and family have been destroyed because of her ESP abilities. Her reaction to Manabe being hurt is just a warped version of her greatest fear she talked about in the first episode; her abilities cause people to get hurt and leave her. It's really just her overwhelming depressed warped logic that if she's alone she won't get hurt or hurt anyone.

I'm sure that Manabe will hunt her down and drag her back. I get the feeling Moritani will have some sort if epiphany and then help smooth things over.
Jan 24, 2013 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
Kotoura has really changed since the series started thanks to Manabe and the club. Looking at the karate guy's expressions I would say Manabe put a quite a fight especially with 4 on 1. I wonder how they are gonna get her back.
[center]
Jan 24, 2013 3:34 PM

Jun 2011
This is one of those times when fanservice actually makes me laugh.
Jan 24, 2013 3:45 PM

Mar 2011
another great episode.
this show keeps impressing and entertaining me

Jan 24, 2013 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
Something tells me the next episode is gonna be really interesting. This episode was good as always.

I wonder what the lunch would have of looked like if only Manabe didnt get beat up and went to school to open it so I could see. hehe oh well.
Jan 24, 2013 4:08 PM

Aug 2012
Honestly.
This Anime is getting too over-the-top.
I understand because of her childhood, but Kotoura's mind must have really been warped for her to think that all this was her fault.
And now she's run away.

I'll be waiting for the episode Kotoura slices her wrists.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

299 by _untitled »»
Mar 11, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

456 by _untitled »»
Mar 4, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.