Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 13, 2013 8:30 AM

Jul 2008
InfiniteRyvius said:
6:

BEST EPISODE. That scene with the girls on the jetty was hilarious,

Girl A: "Make sure you keep your promise, we each only get to be with Ikki for 3 months, you know that right?"
Girl B: "Blah blah, OMG WHY HE'D PICK MISS PLAIN HERE?" <-- Legit question
Girl C: "Time's almost up"
Girl B: "If you don't break up we'll break you up!"
Girl A: "For Ikki's sake too!"
Protagonist: "Urm, don't you think that's wrong?"
Girls: "OMG BITCH!!"
*Pushes her onto the boat* cause they're serious, and throw her the rope. "YEH, TAKE THAT! WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT THAT!"
Girl A: "Go cool your head!" [BUT SHE'S NOT EVEN IN THE WATER!]
(...)
And then Orion shows up and the scene is totally forgotten.

And then she falls in, and she's like "It's cool", and she floats to the bottom without drama. Pretty casual. (...)

Also, without being pushed, that boat somehow made it to the middle of the lake in less than a minute. Fucking impressive.

I think you should become the new scriptwriter of this show, would be much more entertaining with dialogues like that. xD

About the episode, I still don't like Ikki much, but I do feel sorry for him. :|
I'm also wondering if we'll get proper explanations of everything at the end, or it'll remain as "If you want to fill in plot holes, go play the game."

Orion might be useless, but I like his voice and imo he has the best looking outfit in the show. :3

TEAM KENTA NEXT WEEK! \o/
Feb 13, 2013 8:38 AM

Feb 2009
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Ukyo, why aren't you getting to appear more!?! You got, like, 3 lines of dialouge!

We NEED more Ukyo!
Feb 13, 2013 9:03 AM
Mar 2010
/rant

You know, when I heard that AMNESIA was getting an anime I was overjoyed. But i was afraid that they would give it to STUDIO DEEN and DEEN would make a disaster out of it just like they did to Hiiro no Kakera.

So, when I heard it was being given to Brains Base, I was overjoyed. Really. I was expecting a great reverse harem anime.

But I didn't get that. This anime has everything Studio DEEN would have done. And to think Brains Base is the same studio which made THIS anime is the studio which made the amazing anime called Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

I am disappointed, Brains Base.

In case you all don't know, Brothers Conflict, which is gonna air in Spring is also being done by Brains Base. So I'm scared now since I LOVE Brothers Conflict and would hate to see it ruined like this.

Otomate(the company which made this game and handed it over to Brains Base), next time you want to make an anime of one of your otoge, give it to a better studio AND one with good staff. Seriously, didn't you learn your lesson with Hiiro no Kakera? You want your adaptations to keep failing?

/end rant

Sorry for the rant.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 13, 2013 11:08 AM

Feb 2012
phoenixalia said:

Exactly what I think, but I don't think it's THAT bad tho.
Tonari had the worst ending it could have, but that aside, i agree with you.

Let's just hope they adapt Kent and Toma's route better, since they're the most different ones. And I'm curious to see how they'll end the anime with the fifth route.
Feb 13, 2013 11:14 AM
Feb 2010
Is it really too much to ask for a decent reverse harem anime? ...
The heroin's "uh"s, "erm"s and "huh?"s are like a constant tinnitus in every episode. Could we just stick to the ending that SHE dies and another heroine miraculously appears? One with the ability to speak perhaps?

Kundalini said:

Is there ANY harem at all where the girl is even decently smart or witty?

Yes, there is. Try out the "Alice in the country of hearts/clover" manga. it may not be everyones cup of tea, but I like it and the heroine is not exactely your tipical "Alice". ;D
Feb 13, 2013 11:28 AM

Feb 2009
__innes said:
The heroin's "uh"s, "erm"s and "huh?"s are like a constant tinnitus in every episode.

Watch Ouran High School Host Club. It's a silly comedy, but Haruhi is the best reverse harem protagonist I have seen yet.
Feb 13, 2013 12:14 PM

Jan 2013
nice episode ^^ But Heroine is very very annoying -,-
Feb 13, 2013 1:03 PM
Mar 2012
phoenixalia said:
/rant

You know, when I heard that AMNESIA was getting an anime I was overjoyed. But i was afraid that they would give it to STUDIO DEEN and DEEN would make a disaster out of it just like they did to Hiiro no Kakera.

So, when I heard it was being given to Brains Base, I was overjoyed. Really. I was expecting a great reverse harem anime.

But I didn't get that. This anime has everything Studio DEEN would have done. And to think Brains Base is the same studio which made THIS anime is the studio which made the amazing anime called Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

In case you all don't know, Brothers Conflict, which is gonna air in Spring is also being done by Brains Base. So I'm scared now since I LOVE Brothers Conflict and would hate to see it ruined like this.

Otomate(the company which made this game and handed it over to Brains Base), next time you want to make an anime of one of your otoge, give it to a better studio AND one with good staff. Seriously, didn't you learn your lesson with Hiiro no Kakera? You want your adaptations to keep failing?

/end rant

Sorry for the rant.

Maybe you should blame why they only gave 12 episodes to adapt this series instead rather than blaming the studio.

Games adapted into 12 episodes are usually rushed and suffered lot of parts being cut such as character backgrounds/development, see what happened to Arcana Famiglia and Shining Hearts.

Hiiro game version itself is somewhat boring though, it has about 3 times more text than Hakuouki and they put the love portion in the fandisk instead the main game.

I don't remember Brothers Conflict airing this Spring though. Hoping they follow the novel instead of the game, it is much better and easier to made into anime format. The ending of the novel is killing me though.

__innes said:
The heroin's "uh"s, "erm"s and "huh?"s are like a constant tinnitus in every episode. Could we just stick to the ending that SHE dies and another heroine miraculously appears? One with the ability to speak perhaps?

It's still much better than the game, she doesn't have any lines at all about 95% of the game.
melina_putriFeb 13, 2013 1:39 PM
Feb 13, 2013 1:35 PM

Jan 2008
nauticalblue said:
I haven't really watched an otome game adaptation before, so I don't know if this kind of format is common or not, but I find it rather disjointed to have all the routes shown with 2 episodes per guy. It feels like a sampling platter of meat and cheese...

I keep saying to myself, "At least it's better than Starry Sky... at least it's better than Starry Sky......"

minescope said:
As for my take on why she didn't bother swimming, the weather is reportedly freezing and she's got clothes weighing her down so I guess it would be hard to move in the freezing cold waters but a very bland reaction to drowning nonetheless.

I had this thought too. You'd think that maybe she'd have a rush of adrenaline to fight off the biting cold for a bit and flail around, but I don't know. I'm really not an expert in any of this at all, so.

But about that chilly weather, I've been curious about that all this time. They keep mentioning how cold it is for August, and I feel like there must be some meaning to it. Is the weather just chugging along its regular schedule despite the constant time-looping or something? Has the heroine been time-skipping long enough that the weather is now, like, October weather?? Is it actually October-ish and the clocks and the memories of EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD keep getting reset, but ecology is just like "screw you guys I do what I WANT"???

Anyway, heroine talked quite a bit this episode, that was a treat. I guess. Not sure how I feel about Ikki, but I at least like him more than Shin, who gave me the creeps with his "i'ma kiss you wITHOUT WARNING WHENEVER I WANT HAHA THAT'S NOT SEXUAL HARRASSMENT AT ALL"

looking forward to Kent, math is sexy!!
Feb 13, 2013 1:53 PM

May 2012
dat fan club and the bitches lol
she cant swim?! the hell
Feb 13, 2013 5:40 PM

Nov 2012
aww.. end of ikki's story...
it was pretty sweet c:
but she should have atleast tried to swim instead of just reaching out her arm..

gah! this heroine needs to have some LIFE IN HER !!D;
Feb 13, 2013 6:30 PM

Jul 2012
Yay, Ikki's arc over. Now I can start watching Amnesia again. Haha.

and I'm really interested what will she do with Toma *w* he's so adorable!

You obviously haven't seen the spoilers yet ahahaha
Feb 13, 2013 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
Really?
Now we've conquered 2 guys.
And we've died from the boat mysteriously cracking.

Oh well, onto the third guy.
Feb 13, 2013 9:37 PM

Sep 2010
I can't blame them, she really is plain and boring.
Feb 13, 2013 10:24 PM

Nov 2008
Umeko said:
Not sure how I feel about Ikki, but I at least like him more than Shin, who gave me the creeps with his "i'ma kiss you wITHOUT WARNING WHENEVER I WANT HAHA THAT'S NOT SEXUAL HARRASSMENT AT ALL"

It might be sexual harassment if she flat-out told Shin to stop it....but.....well, she didn't. When he said that, she just smiled.

I thought Ikki was way creepier when he asked if she "wanted a sexual favor". I MEAN WHAT THE F*CK. O______o

Feb 13, 2013 10:34 PM

Jan 2011
You know, if she swam and lived then there would be no reason to start the next route. There will be no happy ending until the final two episodes, so if you want to see something different play the game and get a different route good ending.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 13, 2013 11:59 PM

Nov 2007
I can't get myself to enjoy this anime, the art is nice and original but thats about it. I think they should have concentrated on one guy and followed his path only. As it is now it feels like they are trying to toss several different characters at you but they don't care to give you enough time to connect with the character. We get the stereotypes but nothing else.

Also our main heroine is the most boring character ever, no personality and no brain.

Feb 14, 2013 12:55 PM
Jun 2012
Kundalini said:
She is just...... SO DUMB.

>.<

Is there ANY harem at all where the girl is even decently smart or witty?
She's just like, "Eh?" "Huh?" "Uh.."

And look at her enjoying all the kisses! :)))) She just so easily accepts that she's going out with another guy, even while she has residual memories now. Isn't she craving for Shin? ho! Quite a player she herself is!

Anime adaptations should do better. And the lead characterization should seriously improve. Everything is always for the heck of it. It's annoying.

Standard in both VNs and harm shows. Protagonist can't have much personality because then they would be making choices. In VNs the player is to make those, and for harems, well, it wouldn't be a harem with just one boy, would it?

It's a bit annoying, but I don't see how it could be done differently.
HelpmeFeb 15, 2013 7:16 AM
Feb 14, 2013 2:13 PM
Jan 2011
Oh, so it seems that Heroine has joined some kind of sorority.
Feb 15, 2013 1:14 AM

Oct 2012
Can't swim? Okay... what
well, i can't swim either ;~;

Now it's either Kent or Toma...
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Feb 15, 2013 3:43 AM

Mar 2008
I'm seriously thinking of dropping this now :( the way she died was just so stupid.

It's also very annoying how she has no opinion whatsoever and just follows what everybody says to her.
Feb 15, 2013 5:04 AM
Aug 2012
Yeah when the guys say 'are you okay? You seem different' it's actually difficult to imagine her ever having a personality.

I think it's possible to do a blank-insert character okay - see Persona 4 - but in this case just make up a character for her. It can be pretty bland, but it needs to be something more than what they have here. ie. making the viewer wonder what she actually does in her time off - I suspect she just sits there in her boring apartment like a statue.

Maybe she could swim but couldn't be arsed (maybe went 'eh this again') or maybe it would require a making a decision and that's obviously well beyond her capabilities.

I'm actually hoping for more inventive deaths; or something out of the usual...eaten by a crocodile, struck by lighting twice, choking on a fish bone....being put through a wood chipper (okay that makes me sound like a serial killer - not the last one).
Feb 15, 2013 8:32 AM
Jul 2012
Can anyone tell me how she died in the first time?
Feb 15, 2013 9:36 AM
Jan 2013
OMG, she fell in the water, does this mean that a new arc begins?
Feb 15, 2013 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
AioliaDeLeao said:

First time, you mean in her original world?
Feb 15, 2013 9:58 AM
Jul 2012
minescope said:
AioliaDeLeao said:

First time, you mean in her original world?

And the second time?
Feb 15, 2013 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
AioliaDeLeao said:

And the second time?

minescopeFeb 15, 2013 10:17 AM
Feb 15, 2013 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
She isn't the same heroine? Then, how does she have that memories? I didn't understand.
Then, she goes to a festival with Kent, right? So... Will all the initial flashbacks happen?
I think that maybe I'm starting to understand... 4/5
Sorry for bad English :(
Feb 15, 2013 2:59 PM

Jan 2008
minescope said:
AioliaDeLeao said:

And the second time?

Is that why the weather is so weird, as I speculated earlier? Or was I way off the mark?
Feb 15, 2013 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
1) she has nice voice and really should start using complete sentences instead of "eh? um... ah?". That's annyoing. -_-
2) why the hell she didn't try rowing to the shore even though she had oars with her all the time? -_-
3) what's up with this "I'm drowing, so I won't try to save myself" philosphy? Ugh...
4) I really feel bad for Ikki now.
Feb 15, 2013 3:56 PM

Jan 2013
Nanii said:
She isn't the same heroine? Then, how does she have that memories? I didn't understand.
Then, she goes to a festival with Kent, right? So... Will all the initial flashbacks happen?
I think that maybe I'm starting to understand... 4/5
Sorry for bad English :(

Oh don't worry bout it, your English is perfectly fine.

Yes, every 'memory' in episode 1 and 2 will happen. I'm assuming she retains the memories of the parallel worlds thanks to Orion who is a supernatural being.

The heroine in every world (prior to her amnesia) is different, iirc

Umeko said:
Is that why the weather is so weird, as I speculated earlier? Or was I way off the mark?

minescopeFeb 15, 2013 6:02 PM
Feb 15, 2013 5:39 PM

Dec 2008
WHY DID SHE NOT SWIM?
DOES SHE APPRECIATE DYING?
GOD.

I'm now honestly, a 100% watching this solely for the purpose of seeing Kent because he is a mathematician.

Hopes for this show. Brutally. Murdered.
Feb 16, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2008
Ahh, brutally murdered indeed. Though I kinda think her getting run over should have fulfilled my needs, she's surprisingly tenacious.

Thanks for the explanation about her personality changing, things makes more sense now.

Toma FTW!
Feb 16, 2013 7:49 AM

Aug 2012
Is it weird that I spend every episode waiting for her to die? As soon as I saw that dock I was like "ohh so she drowns today"
Feb 16, 2013 10:18 AM

Jun 2011
amandaxpanda said:
Is it weird that I spend every episode waiting for her to die? As soon as I saw that dock I was like "ohh so she drowns today"

Yes, why wouldn't you?
I work in VNs. Sometimes, they have h-scenes and I go "waai~". I also like to not write at Oppai is Justice, a blog with great urls.
Feb 16, 2013 6:46 PM
Nov 2010
Well, we are all aware that they world(?) and the guy she's dating are changing every time, but I wonder why while in this Ikki's route, she doesn't remember Shin at all? I know that he didn't appear at all, but her memories should not have been changed, right?

Man, confusing story is confusing.
Feb 17, 2013 4:13 AM

Oct 2011
This is so annoying! Why does she keep dying!? Why does the story keep changing. It's so confusing. I just want all the episodes to come out already! I knew that she was gonna drown when I saw those bullies near her on the dock.

The ending better not disappoint.
Feb 17, 2013 7:33 AM

Nov 2007
Lol this was just stupid. I'm glad the show's moving on though, I didn't like Ikki at all.

Feb 17, 2013 8:28 AM

Feb 2011
U guys need to read le light novel, u will understend all le stuffu >3
anyways iam loving amnesia :3 Ukyou<3<3<3<3<3
Feb 17, 2013 8:44 AM

Feb 2011
Kipcha said:
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Ukyo, why aren't you getting to appear more!?! You got, like, 3 lines of dialouge!

We NEED more Ukyo!

IKR!! Q_Q UKYOOOOU
Feb 18, 2013 4:43 AM

Oct 2011
R11ification said:
U guys need to read le light novel, u will understend all le stuffu >3
anyways iam loving amnesia :3 Ukyou<3<3<3<3<3

Where can we read the light novel with english translations? I really wanna understand all this ;;
Feb 18, 2013 5:13 AM

Jan 2013
xTenshiAi said:

Where can we read the light novel with english translations? I really wanna understand all this ;;

As far as I know there is no light novel but there are detailed game summaries. If you just want to know what is going on here's a very brief summary of the routes

There's also detailed day by day summaries of the routes but that's pretty easy to google search.
Feb 18, 2013 11:52 AM
Mar 2009
Note to self: next time you feel that you should stop at episode 3,
freaking STOP AT EPISODE 3!

Anyhow, it was so total fail at the end, not just because she can't swim,
but because the boat had oars and he didn't have to wait until it drifted so far from the dock, she coulda just rowed back and stepped back onto the pier. I mean, they went out of their way to draw the freaking oars but she just gets passive-aggressive with the water, panics, and practically drowns herself when a little calm thinking woulda solved the problem even then.

Orion was even worse. He never does anything useful, either.

This show has so much potential to be interesting, sorta like Steins;Gate or a Tenchi Muyo side story, but, it totally fails to capitalize on its potential.
Feb 18, 2013 12:08 PM

Jan 2008
People, this is otome game adaptation. You don't watch it for the plot. You watch it for the bishies. Duh.
Feb 18, 2013 9:22 PM

Jul 2011
This show is so bad, it's hilarious.

"I'm burden by turning down girls and having fun with them, but I'll definitely let them cling on to me right in front of you, although I want you to love me and not think that I'm some huge slut. Also, I'm going to drink a lot and walk to your house."

Yeah, bro, that's definitely the way to do it.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Feb 19, 2013 6:44 PM

Feb 2010
Ciara said:
People, this is otome game adaptation. You don't watch it for the plot. You watch it for the bishies. Duh.

THANK YOU.
Feb 20, 2013 2:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
MusashiRose said:
Ciara said:

THANK YOU.
I'm watching it because I think the heroine is witty and intelligent.

Wait! Don't throw things at me!
Mar 7, 2013 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
I was just starting to like Ikki-san too!
Mar 9, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
Buhu, so Ikki has the gift of being popular with girls. What a terrible fate, whatever should he do? Whine about, obviously.
Seriously, the premise for this story (the time-traveling thing, Orion NOT included) is interesting, but the characters and their backstories are too lame, the heroine being the biggest fail of them all. Now that I'm halfway I might as well watch the other half though.

MasterMeNL said:
She can't fucking swim? Seriously? What kind of joke is that?

Seconded.
Mar 28, 2013 7:18 PM
Sep 2009
Really? I thought this show had some potential at first but this is ridiculous.

It is half way through and MC still acts like a rock. I understand that she lost her memories but I think it is about time she started to try and do something.

Orion is of no help at all. Whatever he says is confusing and not helping her one bit.

And seriously? She will sink just like that? without even trying to save herself? You don't need your memories in order to have a survival instinct!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2013

163 by RioAl »»
Apr 19, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2013

207 by Ailastara »»
Feb 20, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Jan 8, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

98 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:06 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.