Forum Settings
Forums

Kannagi Manga Suspended [Updated on Dec 12]

New
Dec 5, 2008 4:22 AM

Feb 2008
According to Comic REX magazine, Takenashi Eri's manga "Kannagi" will be withheld from publication for some while due to the ill health of the author. It's unknown when the manga will resume publication.

Source: Scan of Comic REX

Edited on Dec 9th=================
The editors of Comic REX magazine officially denied that the suspension of the manga was related to the fans' disturbance. They explained that the sickness of the author was the sole reason for the suspension. Before this official statement, Yuukan Fuji newspaper and ITmedia have already reported that some fanatic fans of Kannagi made the author stop publication.

Source: J-cast News

Edited on Dec 11th=================
According to Minekura Kazuya's (the author of "Saiyuki") blog, Takenashi Eri cannot get out of the bed due to the illness.
The official website announced that the illustrator of the DVD storage box(, which is the extra item bundled with Kannagi DVD volume 3 Limited Edition) will be switched from Takenashi Eri to Kadowaki Satoshi (the graphic art director of Kannagi).

Source: nitro diary
Source: Official website

Edited on Dec 12th=========================
According to Ichijinsha website, Takenashi Eri was hospitalized after finishing Kannagi manga episode released in the December issue and had an emergency surgery. The surgery was successful and she is getting better now. Eri sensei is still in the hospital but she is eager to resume publication as soon as possible.

Source: the official announcement from the publisher
dtshykDec 12, 2008 6:29 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2008 4:22 AM

Feb 2008
spoiler warning!
In the episode 36, it turned out that
Some of the fans raged about it and they harshly criticized the author. It's not certain that the suspension of the manga is related to the disturbance caused by the fans.

Note: I'd like to clarify this. Eri-sensei is "she" not "he".
dtshykDec 5, 2008 5:13 AM
Dec 5, 2008 4:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol, daym.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 5, 2008 4:37 AM

Feb 2007
I'd be pissed off if those damn otaku did actually cause any harm to a guy writing his own story, that's just going too far.

Dec 5, 2008 4:44 AM

Nov 2007
I hope the author gets well enough to resume the story. Don't want another Juuni Kokki. :(
Dec 5, 2008 4:56 AM

Feb 2008
The words "bad physical condition" make it seem like she got beat up by a bunch of angry otaku, rather than he just got sick.

Seriously though, the timing of this is too good to be a mere coincidence.
ghostphaceDec 5, 2008 8:59 AM
Dec 5, 2008 5:00 AM

Aug 2007
This is just... unbelievable. I can't believe a bunch of otaku can cause something like this. I'm not saying I'm a rabid Kannagi fan, or anything, but this is just shocking. I hope the author gets well, though.
Dec 5, 2008 5:03 AM

Sep 2008
yep..I hope the author got well soon..and resume that great work..

Dec 5, 2008 5:06 AM

Jan 2008
The thought of otaku going mental over something is one thing, but going mental over what dtshyk spoiler-tagged is just too funny and illuminating of otaku-dom in general.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 5, 2008 5:09 AM
Jun 2008
ghostphace said:
The words "bad physical condition" make it seem like he got beat up by a bunch of angry otaku, rather than he just got sick.

I chuckled. And it might be even possible. ;D Though I am not happy about it. Bad otakus, bad.
Dec 5, 2008 5:16 AM
Sep 2007
Soiled said:
The words "bad physical condition" make it seem like he got beat up by a bunch of angry otaku, rather than he just got sick.

She, not he.
freedo-Dec 5, 2008 5:21 AM
Dec 5, 2008 5:20 AM

Jan 2008
Stupid otakus.........

Dec 5, 2008 5:41 AM

Aug 2007
I lol'd
Dec 5, 2008 5:44 AM

Oct 2007
Ah sucks for the author and the fans reading the manga but now everyone thinks Otaku's are bad people D:
Dec 5, 2008 5:53 AM

May 2008
that´s the problem with die-hard fans...they are too fanatical...
Hope Eri gets better soon!
^_^
Dec 5, 2008 6:22 AM

Jul 2007
cancel it cancel it !!

The less of these types of manga existing, the better for humanity
Dec 5, 2008 6:26 AM

Nov 2007
Fai said:
cancel it cancel it !!

foad. If you don't like it, don't read it. No need to condemn it just because you don't care for it.
Dec 5, 2008 6:39 AM

Oct 2007
this is hilarious, i think the author did get jumped by a bunch of angry otaku. lol.

Dec 5, 2008 6:53 AM

Dec 2007
you guys are just paranoid..this is no big deal..people get sick all the time.
Dec 5, 2008 6:54 AM

Oct 2008
dtshyk said:
spoiler warning!
Some of the fans raged about it and they harshly criticized the author. It's not certain that the suspension of the manga is related to the disturbance caused by the fans.

Very funny. Doesn't the name "Eri" gives away that the sensei is female? More over, to suspend the publishing of a manga over fan disturbance is usually very unlikely, since it is a very common trivial thing to begin with.

That leaves the only reason which is that the author is in an unhealthy state. Hope she recovers soon!
Dec 5, 2008 7:03 AM

Dec 2007
Whether the author is sick or this was caused by otaku fan-rage, it's too bad to see a quality manga put on hold. Hopefully Kannagi will be back in publication soon!
Dec 5, 2008 7:16 AM

Jun 2008
they got so mad just because of that?

Dec 5, 2008 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
Quite sad, as a fan of the anime this is rather distressing news. Hope it's nothing serious, and the manga will be continuing shortly.
Something.
Dec 5, 2008 7:51 AM

Jan 2008
1) I hope she gets better. I would really hate for this story to just stop.

2) I hope that we (as in the English speaking public) can get caught up on the backlog of scanlating these issues ;)
Dec 5, 2008 8:10 AM

Oct 2007
gormenghast said:
you guys are just paranoid..this is no big deal..people get sick all the time.

lol, they say she's in "bad physical condition"

just think about it, the timing is too coincidental for her to fall ill from a cold. More than likely, she was jumped by a bunch of angry otaku.
Dec 5, 2008 8:30 AM

Oct 2007
There's no proof that Takenashi was attacked by otaku. Either way, Kannagi will continue, just wait!

Aside from that, the Kannagi anime is undisturbed.
Dec 5, 2008 8:43 AM
Aug 2007
Fai said:
cancel it cancel it !!

Kindly stfd and stfu.

I hope Eri-sensei gets better soon. I don't read/watch Kannagi but my sister does~
Dec 5, 2008 10:12 AM

Jun 2007
Asako said:
I hope the author gets well enough to resume the story. Don't want another Juuni Kokki. :(

Nooooes!!! shhhhh!!!!
>_<

Dec 5, 2008 10:32 AM

May 2008
Fai said:
cancel it cancel it !!

Funny how you say that and kannagi is one of the best fall animes that came out with a rating of 8.02
Dec 5, 2008 1:13 PM

Jul 2007
Slayer12 said:

Funny how you say that and kannagi is one of the best fall animes that came out with a rating of 8.02

rating is nothing but a reflection of ignorance and mainstream-ness of the show.

The usual shonen trash like naruto and bleach also score ~8. Does it make it the best thing ever? No.

Unoriginal stuff always tends to get good ratings(Haruhi?) because it has something to appease the mainstream public, instead of being original :)
Dec 5, 2008 1:17 PM

Jul 2007
Icy-nee-san said:
but now everyone thinks Otaku's are bad people D:

I've always given the Nippon otaku the benefit of the doubt, but this clearly illustrates that they are bad people who force creators to concede to them in everything or else they won't give them money. They're trolls. And you know, looking back on so many examples of romance series hailed by otaku, suddenly I understand why we never see anything beyond a kiss and an acknowledgement that the main couple is dating in the end. It's because people like these will rage if their "waifu" is tainted in any way.

This is why Fate can't have a Nanoha-waifu! ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Fai said:
Slayer12 said:

rating is nothing but a reflection of ignorance and mainstream-ness of the show.

*cough*CODEGEASSR2*cough*
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 5, 2008 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
But now where will I be able to read about tree sluts?
Dec 5, 2008 1:23 PM

Feb 2008
Oh my.
Get better Eri-sensei.

And what's with this thread turning into a 'let's flame Kannagi'fest. I've never understood the need to go into a thread and just moan about how much you hate an anime/manga; unless it's a hate thread.
Dec 5, 2008 1:41 PM
Dec 2007
LolitaDecay said:
Oh my.
Get better Eri-sensei.

And what's with this thread turning into a 'let's flame Kannagi'fest. I've never understood the need to go into a thread and just moan about how much you hate an anime/manga; unless it's a hate thread.
There'sonly about 2-3 haters here. They just are more annoying then the ones doing possitive comments.

Dec 5, 2008 1:53 PM

Dec 2007
Fai said:
Unoriginal stuff always tends to get good ratings(Haruhi?) because it has something to appease the mainstream public, instead of being original :)

Funny, because you give Code Geass a 10 despite it being an obvious mating of Gundam and Death Note.

This is awful news. I don't read the manga, but I love the anime. This would be horrible if otaku did attack her. Horrible and pathetic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2008 4:03 PM

Aug 2007
;.;

hope she gets better. D:
cause there are some mangakas which get sick/hurt and never continue the series after over 5 years.
Dec 5, 2008 4:14 PM

Mar 2007
hirahira said:
they got so mad just because of that?

Well, there's more to it than what the spoiler said.
Dec 5, 2008 4:49 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
the thing is...

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 5, 2008 4:56 PM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
the thing is...

I believe Splitter already explained this eight posts above.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 5, 2008 5:11 PM

Sep 2007
As long as she doesn't die. . .
Dec 5, 2008 5:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Cihan said:
wakka9ca said:
the thing is...

I believe Splitter already explained this eight posts above.

But, what about Jin... he doesn't count?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 5, 2008 5:24 PM

Feb 2007
Fai said:
Slayer12 said:

The usual shonen trash like naruto and bleach also score ~8. Does it make it the best thing ever? No.

"Unoriginal stuff always tends to get good ratings"
Haha what a hypocrite.
In your list:
Evangelion = 10
Gundam 00 = 10
Code Geass = 10
Zeta Gundam = 10

All of which are mainstream shows that appeal to the masses, yet you claim shows like Haruhi & Kannagi which have a more niché fandom are far more unoriginal.

Oh how badly do you fail sir, oh.

Dec 5, 2008 6:44 PM

Nov 2007
crono22 said:
Stupid otakus.........

lol and I thought we were all otakus here in MAL. XD

Anyways... hope she gets better soon. (Though I don't draw manga myself) I know how harsh working in the manga industry is. 0_0

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Dec 5, 2008 7:34 PM

Jun 2008
It's just a manga, who cares if this Nagi person had an ex-boyfriend?

I really could care less if the manga continued or not, but I guess I hope it does because there are people here that enjoy it.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 5, 2008 8:13 PM

Jul 2008
Well, i can see the J-Otaku point of view..but still.
Dec 5, 2008 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
i was laughing when i heard what was the reason behind the protest. gosh she's a drawing, a piece of paper, 2-D. could this get any lamer.
Dec 5, 2008 8:26 PM
Aug 2007
Kraker2k said:
Fai said:
Slayer12 said:

"Unoriginal stuff always tends to get good ratings"
Haha what a hypocrite.
In your list:
Evangelion = 10
Gundam 00 = 10
Code Geass = 10
Zeta Gundam = 10

All of which are mainstream shows that appeal to the masses, yet you claim shows like Haruhi & Kannagi which have a more niché fandom are far more unoriginal.

Oh how badly do you fail sir, oh.

I would like to court and eventually marry this comment. A+++
Dec 5, 2008 9:48 PM

Dec 2007
s2 for kannagi? yes or no?

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Dec 5, 2008 9:53 PM

Jul 2008
Splitter said:
It's because people like these will rage if their "waifu" is tainted in any way.

What the fuck is a waifu?

Focus

I don't care what the actual facts of the case are. I'm going to assume that the author is a busty woman with giant lips and a naughty twinkle in her eye...who was subsequently gang raped, tied up, and humiliated in all sorts of ways by her angry fans.

Fits my perception of Nippon more adequately that way.
Dec 5, 2008 9:55 PM

Dec 2007
dtshyk said:
spoiler warning!

well, i dont get it, how does Nagi had a ex-boyfriend? didn't Jin carved Nagi out of the sacred wood? Who was his ex-boyfriend? another piece of wood or another god? i didnt read the manga but that is how it happend on the anime

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
5 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
Yesterday, 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.