Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 19, 2012 5:45 PM

Jun 2012
Can I just say I think Haru is just so fucking adorable? ahh~~

Okay, now where do I start... HURRAY. Shizuku is finally managing to come to her senses. But is still being indecisive. I swear if she changes her mind and goes like, "I've come to the conclusion that you're interfering with my studies," I'll slap the shit out of her.

I can already sense it. She gets a bad grade and blows up on Haru.

I might dislike Shizuku... Or admire her...
Nov 19, 2012 5:52 PM

Feb 2012
Another great episode :D
And yay for the developments again~
Nov 19, 2012 5:52 PM
Oct 2012
13man18 said:
I managed to read the next episode's title without the help of subtitles. YES. I feel so accomplished.

Two times he's hit her and she doesn't even care.
she can take a punch better than a professional boxer i respect her for that
Nov 19, 2012 6:06 PM

Feb 2012

Well, that escalated quickly :D
Nov 19, 2012 6:12 PM

Feb 2012
I love that Haru's handiwork from the first episode is still there.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 19, 2012 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
Slight pacing issues this episode. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I felt that there was something breaking the flow of the episode. It still had some great comedic and emotional moments.

It was great to see some development. It's a real joy to see how two very blunt and straightforward are, even if they are sometimes not honest with themselves.

Mitty in her zombie nurse outfit was so great!
And poor Oshima!
Nov 19, 2012 6:26 PM
Jun 2008
so let see is school festival doing with shizuku as zombie nurse give blonde guy looking some hmm with her til haru come in & oops punch shizuku cue everyone left in snow.

blonde guy try fix things up yet while hidden haru got kana hana rep & then come haru's brother cue haru having kana hana shield til people seeing run away.

after some realize shizuku said sorry haru, asako, & everyone to back to school doing with after long day alone time for shizuku & haru.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 19, 2012 6:41 PM

Jul 2012
Awwwww how sweet. I love seeing festivals. Too bad my school didn't have anything close to this -__-
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 19, 2012 7:23 PM

Nov 2007
That's it! I need a Natsume all for myself! <3

Great episode overall. Loved every single second of it! And I am actually wondering why both of them are so scared of Yuzan. I hope they don't confess in this season. We need more seasons for this awesome anime!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 19, 2012 7:27 PM

Aug 2011
The episode was kinda boring if not for the confrontation at the end. They need more relationship development, and most importantly it has to STAY developed. This show basically has things happen and then undo what happened, and I'm starting to dislike that.
Nov 19, 2012 7:56 PM

Jul 2009
this episode was just too weird for me. only the last few mins were 'normal'. i think natsume was the only redeeming feature in this episode.
and what's with all the woman abuse LOL.
Nov 19, 2012 8:02 PM

May 2009
I'm starting to get annoyed with Haru's abusive like actions, this is the second time he has hit and or pushed Shizuku and what the hell was up with him holding Chizuru like she was his hostage?

Seriously?
Nov 19, 2012 9:07 PM

Aug 2010
The friendship between Shizuka and Natsume is itself pretty good.
Nov 19, 2012 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
Ugh I just wanted them to kiss omg. but at least we got confirmed that she just needs a little bit more time then she will date him. I liked the interaction between her and yamaken in this episode. poor oshino ;w;
Nov 19, 2012 10:24 PM

Oct 2012
I don't why people like Yamaken >_> what's so good about him his a manipulative freak who only wants everything for himself. I have heard most people root for Yamaken and Shizuku i mean seriously..What..the faq*(My apologizes for swearing!) damn it! i wanna punch him he made Haru falcon punch his woman grr >_<
Nov 19, 2012 11:43 PM

Mar 2012
Enjoyable, but I feel like every episode is a little bit worse than the last. This show went from a 9-8 to a 6-4, for me. Just not doing enough to separate itself from every other rom com, anymore. Hopefully the ending few episodes will be as strong as the opening few.

Futhermore, Yuzan and Oshima >>>>>>>>> Haru and Shizuku .

saikano75 said:
I'm starting to get annoyed with Haru's abusive like actions, this is the second time he has hit and or pushed Shizuku and what the hell was up with him holding Chizuru like she was his hostage?
I did not understand that "hostage" scene at all. Seemed like really strange (bad) writing and I agree, Haru is getting really annoying. It took me a while to get over his "I'll rape you" joke, but at this point he's basically the anime version of Chris Brown.
JoshNov 19, 2012 11:52 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 20, 2012 12:38 AM

Feb 2011
When Natsume was crying and Shizuku is just staring at her I was like Shizuku hug her!! glad Haru came saves the awkward moment. :D
Nov 20, 2012 12:58 AM

Sep 2011
Nice episode ^_^
Yuzan is pretty awesome :D
I like Haru's mentality xD lol that haven't changed...
Nov 20, 2012 1:22 AM
Oct 2010
Love the series. I just hope, now that shizuko established her real feelings, she won't turn into cold girl right next episode. It won't make me drope the series, just it will start beeing anoying.
Nov 20, 2012 3:33 AM

May 2010
Shizuku is growin Up!!Not the same for Haru though cause whenever I feel like he has grown up he goes back to a being a kid.
Nov 20, 2012 3:42 AM

Nov 2009
Man those Natsume's tears ... I want to comfort her if I could :P, best moment this episode, she cried like a child.
Good episode, but the situation became awkward when Haru held Oshima as a hostage.
Nov 20, 2012 4:10 AM

Sep 2012
Satsugai73 said:
I don't why people like Yamaken >_> what's so good about him his a manipulative freak who only wants everything for himself. i wanna punch him he made Haru falcon punch his woman grr >_<

What the heck are you talking about LOL?
Nov 20, 2012 4:42 AM

Jan 2011
Lelouch22 said:
Essentially, one of the primary reasons for this criticism is the two newest characters, as the story wouldn't suffer at all if Oshima and Yamaken weren't involved, or if, at the very least, they were strictly relegated to the secondary characters that they are and always will be, which would clearly be for the best. It's rather unfortunate that a show as great as this couldn't avoid the seeming necessity for a terribly cliche and woefully drama-filled preference for nonsensical, pointless love triangles, so I must admit to an increasing disappointment at how conventionally shoujo this has become. I certainly expect the show to return to the brilliant quality of it's earlier episodes, but I remain rather hesitant to place full confidence in the immediacy of it's arrival, since the story could potentially lean in a temporarily meandering direction for the next several episodes. All I ultimately desire though, is for the seemingly imminent triangle involving Yamaken to be permanently dealt with prior to the conclusion of the show.

Unfortunately the love triangles in this show are here to stay. Both Yamaken and Oshima will become more relevant to the mangaka's plot and once again we see a potentially different shoujo story fall right in line with the plethora of shoujo stories out there that revolve around love triangles. I find it so amusing that there's another anime that's airing right now name "Say I Love You" that has introduced two rivals at about the same time as this anime. Although the main leads in this anime are much more engaging to me than that other one, I couldn't help chuckling at the tool that both mangaka use to develop their stories. To me it shows that not many mangaka are capable of developing an interesting love story without succumbing to the inevitable love triangles as the backbone of their story development. I suppose it's the only way they know how to make a romantic story interesting.
Nov 20, 2012 5:24 AM

Apr 2011
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Natsume was so adorable.

Nagoya shat on that one dudes head LOL.
Nov 20, 2012 5:39 AM

Jan 2011
tohzuki said:
EstelleBright said:
FALCOOONN PUUUNCHHUUU

I really like Yamaken, so I can't help but feel sorry for him in advance ;~;

I never feel sorry for characters who walk into a relationship that already exists between two people and then fall in love with one of the people in the relationship despite knowing the feelings of the two people in the existing relationship. That person has basically walked into the situation with his/her two eyes wide open. And, because of characters like these someone always ends up getting hurt be it, one of the two in the relationship or the character that willfully interfered.
Nov 20, 2012 6:26 AM

Sep 2012
This is really getting bad and baaaaaad... like this two main characters are acting really stupid like why would you panic like that and make a scene haru? you even strangled chizuru, like everything he does is really stupid and even shizuku makes natsume cry.
Yamaken is pretty cool though, but oh well i hope something good happens next time.
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Nov 20, 2012 8:07 AM

Feb 2012
It was ok
Nov 20, 2012 9:07 AM

Oct 2011
I didnt get the part where Haru was taking Oshima as a hostage....that just was out of place.

Other than that, it was a pretty good episode. I love natsume!
Nov 20, 2012 9:26 AM
Jan 2011
5 More eps 2 go.

Man, Haru is really a douche for using 4 eyes as his hostage.
Nasty001Nov 20, 2012 10:38 AM
Nov 20, 2012 9:50 AM

Feb 2011
Need more time? NEED MORE TIME?? What the..? Just start dating already, It's obviously shown that you like Haru, Shizuku!! And when you see Haru and Oshima together it's obviously you have feel some jealousy there..
Nov 20, 2012 12:20 PM

Nov 2009
That Zelda gag was pure gold.

I love this show
Nov 20, 2012 12:27 PM

May 2010
Yamaken actually seems like the typical cliche shoujo hero. He's cool, rich and acts like a total bastard. Mangaka might have did that on purpose to make the typical shoujo hero the loser for once? Maybe I'm just over-thinking this. Well, there is also Natsume, who could be that perfect heroine for a cliche shoujo manga, although she would still be adorable in it none the less.
I actually liked Yamaken in the manga, I liked him even more than Haru, but for some reason I don't like him in the anime. Maybe it's because I'm older now or because the story isn't far enough yet. (He looks better in the manga too..)

On another note, I'm gettng more and more worried that they might run out of episodes. That would really be a pity.
Nov 20, 2012 1:12 PM

Mar 2012
My favorite eps. yet! I loved it. I love the interaction the two have. I love how completely socially awkward he is, and how intolerant of social situations she is. I love seeing the interaction, and I absolutely love seeing them grow. I've gotta tell you, I've been watching tonari and sukitte and I tonari is surely growing on me more than sukitte. I hope though that next episode we get to see their relationship grow even more. This is by far one of my favorites this season and I loved this episode.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 20, 2012 1:35 PM

Nov 2011
He manages to get away with hitting a girl again.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Apr 2010
Shizuku's outfit was nice especially the big shot she carried with her that would give anyone the creeps.
This episode seemed pretty complicated at the halfway point with the messy situation formed Yamakan and Yuzan and of course poor Oshida who was taken hostage.
Haru really needs to solve the problems with his brother since this isn't healthy for him.
Nov 20, 2012 2:58 PM

Mar 2009
did anyone else notice Mabo referencing Legend of Zelda when he held up Nagoya? x'D
Nov 20, 2012 4:07 PM

Dec 2011
Oshima is always put in such shitty situations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2012 4:27 PM
Nov 2012
I really liked the part where Shizuku was apologizing to natsume, I really felt the friendship between them. Overall great episode I loved it
Nov 20, 2012 7:44 PM

Oct 2008
Taylor_elle said:
Lelouch22 said:
Essentially, one of the primary reasons for this criticism is the two newest characters, as the story wouldn't suffer at all if Oshima and Yamaken weren't involved, or if, at the very least, they were strictly relegated to the secondary characters that they are and always will be, which would clearly be for the best. It's rather unfortunate that a show as great as this couldn't avoid the seeming necessity for a terribly cliche and woefully drama-filled preference for nonsensical, pointless love triangles, so I must admit to an increasing disappointment at how conventionally shoujo this has become. I certainly expect the show to return to the brilliant quality of it's earlier episodes, but I remain rather hesitant to place full confidence in the immediacy of it's arrival, since the story could potentially lean in a temporarily meandering direction for the next several episodes. All I ultimately desire though, is for the seemingly imminent triangle involving Yamaken to be permanently dealt with prior to the conclusion of the show.

Unfortunately the love triangles in this show are here to stay. Both Yamaken and Oshima will become more relevant to the mangaka's plot and once again we see a potentially different shoujo story fall right in line with the plethora of shoujo stories out there that revolve around love triangles. I find it so amusing that there's another anime that's airing right now name "Say I Love You" that has introduced two rivals at about the same time as this anime. Although the main leads in this anime are much more engaging to me than that other one, I couldn't help chuckling at the tool that both mangaka use to develop their stories. To me it shows that not many mangaka are capable of developing an interesting love story without succumbing to the inevitable love triangles as the backbone of their story development. I suppose it's the only way they know how to make a romantic story interesting.

Love triangles and rivals are just a convenient way to justify progression in a relationship. I also think its too commonly used, but I don't mind as long as it's done well. I don't have an opinion on the love rival department in Tonari because its just been introduced.
Nov 20, 2012 8:09 PM

Nov 2009
Asako is a precious sweetheart and I adore her so much. <33333

I actually like Yamaken more in the anime than in the manga. I really want to hate him because he's the love rival and all... but I just can't. He's too cute.

I love this series so much!

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Nov 20, 2012 8:32 PM

Jul 2011
if you're against love triangles im gonna make a quick suggestion to drop this series right now because from here on out its gonna be a bunch of triangles mashed together into one big romance lump

also i really hope im not the only one who's kind of sick of haru. he's violent and lacks emotional control and that only serves to hurt shizuku and she seems more like his mother than a girlfriend to him. you can't blame yamaken for haru throwing a punch, he is a 16 year old boy and he at least needs to be able to not to hit people when they taunt you. this issue has barely been addressed and im kin d of upset about it. his backstory just doesn't make up for the fact that he needs to learn how to handle himself.

i mean he's cute but you cant really get past the fact that he has some emotional issues and while it's arguable that shizuku could be good for him, romance does not fix everything and shizuku doesnt gain anything from being with him. i think she's kind of insensitive and rude, but i feel really sorry for her for falling in love with haru.

i think i liked yamaken more in the manga than i did in this episode, although im not sure why. nonetheless, he's easily my favorite character in the series, and i'm really excited to see more of him animated. sasayan as well is a real cutie although i dont expect a lot of development from him seeing as there's only 5 more episodes.

ive never cared much for natsume, the whole "nobody liked me because im too cute and likable and people were jealous" story is absurd and i find it hard to identify with her. i do enjoy her later development with haru's uncle, but i still dont find her cutesy demeanor enjoyable at all.

i think that this was a pretty good episode though, aside from the ending which was nothing more than another step back in their relationship. shizuku is inflicting all this drama on herself and she'd be able to study more like she wants if she would just get together with haru. it's past the point of slow development, it just feels forced and unwanted and im finding it hard to care about this relationship anymore.
read hatoful boyfriend
Nov 20, 2012 9:57 PM

Jun 2012
That episode wasn't bad, although it felt like a lot of random events occurred. It seems like there were quite a few characters who didn't really play a role. But there was at least some progress, with Shizuku finally realizing that she was the problem and it's up to her to move the relationship further. I am a little disappointed in the festival, they didn't show much. But, it still wasn't a bad episode and still had some funny moments. I'm glad things are still moving along.
4/5.

Nov 20, 2012 10:23 PM

Aug 2012
OS_Christina706 said:
I didnt get the part where Haru was taking Oshima as a hostage....that just was out of place.

Other than that, it was a pretty good episode. I love natsume!

Actually Shizuku later commented on it in the episode...she said he should "think for acting".
It was spontaneous reaction from him... he acted before thinking, like every other moment he meets his brother.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 21, 2012 2:24 AM
Oct 2011
AiCon said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Does Shizuku's look remind anyone of Momoji and her teddy bear from Binbō-gami ga?
I thought someone would bring that up :P, Shizuku looks like a combination of Momiji and her teddy bear:

Candor123Nov 21, 2012 2:28 AM
Nov 21, 2012 1:45 PM

Apr 2011
Damn I haven't been invested into a anime relationship like this since Kazehaya and Sawako.
Nov 21, 2012 3:23 PM

Oct 2009
emotional episode :O it was great anyway

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 21, 2012 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
What a tiring relationship!

Nordhau5 said:
Enjoyable, but I feel like every episode is a little bit worse than the last. This show went from a 9-8 to a 6-4, for me. Just not doing enough to separate itself from every other rom com, anymore. Hopefully the ending few episodes will be as strong as the opening few.

Yeah, this, unfortunately.
Nov 21, 2012 5:23 PM

Sep 2008

HGGGGGNNNNNNNN

Natsume ♥
Nov 21, 2012 10:14 PM
Nov 2011
haru and shizuku forever omgsbmnkxzgjbfsmnhkjdsf that was sucha great episode !! LOL HARU PUNCHING SHIZUKU !! AHHAHAH and yamaken getting lost lol and finding his way to shizuku lol i like the love triangle on going.. well more like love square if u add class rep lol i feel so sad for class rep omg..

oh and i dont get why haru is so scared of his brother omg can they give us a flashback abt it or smth

the ending tho.. that was sucha cute ending ;n; the hug!!! SO CUTE OMG and shizuku finally telling all her feels for haru AAAHHHHH ICANT WAIT FOR NXT EP
qumihoNov 21, 2012 10:21 PM
Nov 22, 2012 1:50 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Another great episode, this time with some significant developments.

The quicker they resolve the issue with Yuzan and Haru the better though, because as it is, how they left it in the dust, it felt like it was deliberately being sidelined. Still, there was great development.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.