Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2012 4:33 AM

Aug 2012
All i can say is that this was a great episode and i am definatly watching more and i hope that this will be a mainstream anime and not a 12 or 13 or even 25 ep anime. who else hopes that this will be mainstream anime?
animeruler1Oct 7, 2012 5:55 AM
Oct 7, 2012 4:42 AM

Apr 2011
Really good the first episode.
Also dat opening and ending :D
Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 7, 2012 4:45 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome 1st episode,Ogami is badass but that censoring is annoying.
Oct 7, 2012 4:51 AM
Aug 2011
Kerozinn said:
Obstinate said:
Kerozinn said:
Fleiya said:
so she ded?? o.0

she better be dead. im sick of people being alive even tho their HP bar was clearly 100% empty ^^

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic about the first part of your sentence, but there is no chance that she will be dead.

well it would be weird if she were dead now cause she seemed to be one of the main characters. but maybe im wrong.

You're in for a ride if you hate Sakura now already.
And obviously she isn't dead. She's technically the MC, while Rei is the Anti-Hero.
Oct 7, 2012 4:54 AM

Mar 2011
Better than I thought
Great animation <-- Did not expect this
Ogami Rei is cool but a bit unlikable and Sakura I don't know about her..
The plot doesn't seems too interesting though
But other than that It was great
Oct 7, 2012 4:55 AM

Nov 2011
Poor dog =S
Oct 7, 2012 4:56 AM

Sep 2009
Awesome episode. Didn't get it why are they showing images of Hitomi, PM and the other Code:Breakers now...
Oct 7, 2012 5:04 AM

Oct 2011
OMG this turned out to be better than I expected!!!!
THE ENDING <33
TOKI!! EVERYONE!! They looked so badass animated! <333
Oct 7, 2012 5:15 AM

Apr 2011
Main female character is DEAD ?
Oct 7, 2012 5:32 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty much what I was expecting from Zetsuen no Tempest. Great start, I can't get myself to like ogami. And its not even because of him killing the dog, I reckon its because of his VA and his voice when he switches to "cool" mode.

5/5

First impressions: 7.5
Oct 7, 2012 5:34 AM

May 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kerozinn said:
Obstinate said:
Kerozinn said:
Fleiya said:
so she ded?? o.0

she better be dead. im sick of people being alive even tho their HP bar was clearly 100% empty ^^

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic about the first part of your sentence, but there is no chance that she will be dead.

well it would be weird if she were dead now cause she seemed to be one of the main characters. but maybe im wrong.

You're in for a ride if you hate Sakura now already.
And obviously she isn't dead. She's technically the MC, while Rei is the Anti-Hero.

oh no i actually like her character :) no i am curious how this is to continue.
Oct 7, 2012 5:59 AM

May 2012
I loved the scene were Ogami started killing, That just topped it off for me, a main goodish like guy that isn't afraid the kill! Loved the OST as well, The opening & ending was good & the dog scene was sad ; v ; Really looking forward to how this anime progresses.
Oct 7, 2012 6:12 AM
Jul 2010
Whoa, it actually made me drop it after only one episode... Well done.
People shining in blue, what a shock, not like you see that in every single anime...
Main character - whoo, look at me being so cryptic and mysterious and with a monotone voice, main female character - yay me, I'm the absolutely typical anime girl, fighting for justice and truth, secretly dreaming of being a mahou shojo.
Art was bad, music - ew, god no. The stupidness and dumbness of the OST were at an extreme level. OP - really? ED - meh... not catchy, typical j-rock song.
It was bad enough at first but when they brought up animal abuse just to shake things up and have a very unsuccessful try at connecting with the audience... yep, lost me there.
I honestly hadn't seen such a bad first episode since... well, a long time. God forbid I make the mistake of seeing the next one.

Aug 2008
Oh oh, I didn't expect him to really burn the girl :O
I wonder how he'll change his mind...
Aug 2011
Lamp said:
Awesome episode. Didn't get it why are they showing images of Hitomi, PM and the other Code:Breakers now...

Some sites list this as a 13 episode series.

Hitomi is shown because he is

Yukihina is also going to appear along side him as shown in one of the previews. I can see Rui interacting with him because

I really don't know how Yuuki fits in. I can't remember If he has any history with the characters that are known to appear. There is

TrOjAnHoRsE said:
Main female character is DEAD ?

I don't understand this. You say she's the MC, yet you seem to believe that she is dead.

Kerozinn said:
oh no i actually like her character :) no i am curious how this is to continue.

Many people who read the manga hate her, I don't. Here's some advice from me. Before you judge her completely, wait for some details on her past and try to understand it from her point of view.

waterflame said:
Whoa, it actually made me drop it after only one episode... Well done.
People shining in blue, what a shock, not like you see that in every single anime...
Main character - whoo, look at me being so cryptic and mysterious and with a monotone voice, main female character - yay me, I'm the absolutely typical anime girl, fighting for justice and truth, secretly dreaming of being a mahou shojo.
Art was bad, music - ew, god no. The stupidness and dumbness of the OST were at an extreme level. OP - really? ED - meh... not catchy, typical j-rock song.
It was bad enough at first but when they brought up animal abuse just to shake things up and have a very unsuccessful try at connecting with the audience... yep, lost me there.
I honestly hadn't seen such a bad first episode since... well, a long time. God forbid I make the mistake of seeing the next one.

Well, you hate everything that plays a vital role in the story and that which helps move the plot along.

The animal abuse. Slight spoiler here.

I want to suggest that you try reading chapter 1 of the manga, but I doubt you'll change your opinion so easily.
Gatchum_Bye-ByeOct 7, 2012 6:28 AM
Oct 7, 2012 6:43 AM
May 2012
An eye for an eye,a tooth for a tooth,evil for evil!
At least The mc has his sight straight!
so he burned the female!
so exciting!
9/10
Oct 7, 2012 6:50 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
At first I was like "just good", then he burns Sakura and I was like "hell yeah!". Like me some merciless character.
Oct 7, 2012 7:28 AM

Apr 2011
The way how he burned everyone got me sold on this anime.
Oct 7, 2012 7:30 AM

Oct 2009
So showing a girl getting tied up and kicked in the stomach is ok, but a dog getting punched requires censorship, huh ?

Anyway, dropped due to Sausagefest Syndrome.
Oct 7, 2012 7:33 AM
Aug 2011
Hikarusuke said:
The way how he burned everyone got me sold on this anime.

Then you'll definitely enjoy the rest of the series. Much more epic deaths/killing in the future
Oct 7, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2009
exciting but no more than typical shounen.

By coincidence she met him while he was burning pp alive, after that he's a school transfer and her classmate, mediocre settings, nothing's really special.

Have too many actions this season, guess I'm gonna follow this show for a few episode before decide to on-hold it.

btoom, tempest, magi, K, and next is psycho pass, perhaps robotics;note, just too many out there and this one does not stand out much. I only like those scenes when pp were burned alive lol, and that's pretty much it.
Takana_no_HanaOct 7, 2012 8:43 AM
Oct 7, 2012 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Oh yea blue flames and bad ass MC gonna love this show.
Oct 7, 2012 8:57 AM

Mar 2008
MidnightPride said:
The best part about Oogami is that unlike other MCs he will actually kill someone. Definitively a plus.

this :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2012 8:59 AM

Sep 2009
@Gash_V-D_Hetchum, I know Hitomi is an antagonist, but there is a long story before he appears...

And a good point of the manga is to not know who is and who is not a Code:Breaker, but with this opening, ending and the images they showed, they ruined that "mystery".
Oct 7, 2012 9:25 AM
Aug 2011
Lamp said:
@Gash_V-D_Hetchum, I know Hitomi is an antagonist, but there is a long story before he appears...

And a good point of the manga is to not know who is and who is not a Code:Breaker, but with this opening, ending and the images they showed, they ruined that "mystery".

Dude, the few small arcs before Hitomis are ganna get crammed so much. Like that
They may even get cut out.

Hitomi arc is chapter 24-34. He will probably be the final antagonist of this adaptation. Maybe episode 9-13.

And yes. Heike was also supposed to appear to be a antagonist. OP and ED spoiled everything.
Oct 7, 2012 9:25 AM

Jul 2010
FINALLY i can see some animated badass Ogami with epic Okamoto Nobuhiko's voice :D.
I really liked the pace of episode, they removed some unnecessary dialogs and get to the main point.
I SAW YUUKI FOR A SECOND! fk yes.Can't wait to see so many things in anime.
To people who liked first episode: It will get much better! :D

5/5 ''first impression'' 9/10.
Oct 7, 2012 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
This was really good!
I've never heard of this series before but it's really intriguing so far.
omg the part with the frickin dog though why did it have to die ;u;

But anyways yeah I'm really curious to see what's going to happen to Sakura! Can't wait for next week.
魔法少女グレイシー
Oct 7, 2012 9:51 AM
Aug 2011
iLostReason said:
FINALLY i can see some animated badass Ogami with epic Okamoto Nobuhiko's voice :D.
I really liked the pace of episode, they removed some unnecessary dialogs and get to the main point.

How do you think people will react to the "Lost States"? lol. I saw a few people drop the manga because of that a long time ago.
Oct 7, 2012 9:54 AM

Oct 2012
the fuck with censorship..
the first episode haven't told anything yet, im looking for the next episode. this series would be so good!
Oct 7, 2012 9:55 AM

Feb 2010
Pretty good first episode, though they really pulled out horrible cliches in the school related stuff. Anyway, this has gotten my interest for now.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 7, 2012 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
Finally an anime where the guy gets the job done on what he is set out to do....not omg she's a girl so i'll hesitate but reading the synopsis I assume like every generic anime she will stop him from being a killer and fall in love etc.

Anyways never read the manga I'll give this a chance though only wanna see how far the MC goes on killing and completing objectives.
Oct 7, 2012 10:02 AM

Sep 2008
I really hope Ogami is considered main male character. He's beyond great. No mercy for the evil, punishment is done immediately. I love that after all the wimpy characters not even wanting to put a scratch on their enemies after they killed their family, friends, their dog, cat and golden fish. But nooo, revenge is not ok.
I prefer this! :D

Also, his VA gave voice to Layfon, Accelerator & Akatsuki? Love it.
nina4lifeOct 7, 2012 10:08 AM
Oct 7, 2012 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
Bland. Uninteresting. Predictable.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Oct 7, 2012 10:13 AM

Mar 2010
Now i remember why i hated ogami at first...
Oct 7, 2012 10:20 AM

Jan 2012
Not sure about this series.....
Oct 7, 2012 10:21 AM

Jul 2010
Chasekun said:
MidnightPride said:
The best part about Oogami is that unlike other MCs he will actually kill someone. Definitively a plus.

and this ^^,

and the heroine is no pushover damsel in stress too

its kinda nice watching shounen with mature theme and old school feel in it, the director definitely pull off the right emotional impact also

i don't care about predictability, i really don't care about its cliche as long as it don't mock the audience intelligence

too bad audience nowadays fail to appreciate well executed simple shows like this and keeps on nagging how simple it is

what happened to the 90's kids who can't wait to get home after school to watch animes as simple as this
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 7, 2012 10:29 AM
Aug 2011
Amon-Raw said:
Finally an anime where the guy gets the job done on what he is set out to do....not omg she's a girl so i'll hesitate but reading the synopsis I assume like every generic anime she will stop him from being a killer and fall in love etc.

Anyways never read the manga I'll give this a chance though only wanna see how far the MC goes on killing and completing objectives.

Here's a spoiler about whether he is still a killer or not. I'm on chapter 294 (Latest chapter)
Don't open this unless you really want to know.

nina4life said:
I really hope Ogami is considered main male character. He's beyond great. No mercy for the evil, punishment is done immediately. I love that after all the wimpy characters not even wanting to put a scratch on their enemies after they killed their family, friends, their dog, cat and golden fish. But nooo, revenge is not ok.
I prefer this! :D

Also, his VA gave voice to Layfon, Accelerator & Akatsuki? Love it.

He's the like a anti-hero. But him and Sakura share equal screentime. That's what I enjoy, both Male and Female are treated almost equally. Except when it comes to battles.

Did you like that killing/revenge?
lol. That was nothing. Please increase your hopes for better revenge/murder moments.

(Just read chapter 1 of the manga too see how more bloody it is, and how that gang attacks the homeless people)
http://mangafox.me/manga/code_breaker/v01/c001/43.html
Gatchum_Bye-ByeOct 7, 2012 10:40 AM
Oct 7, 2012 10:29 AM
May 2012
PuppyFucker said:
Bland. Uninteresting. Predictable.

+ generic
Oct 7, 2012 10:37 AM

Oct 2010
Poor dog. Getting beat up horribly by those scum. Then the main character comes and acts all badass. Don't like his attitude, that ''nothing fazes me'' kind-of style. He annoys. Other then that, average first episode I guess.
Oct 7, 2012 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
AmberFebruary said:

and this ^^,

LOL, she just beats some fodders. Let's see what she will do next. I'm not very optimistic.
Oct 7, 2012 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
AmberFebruary said:
Chasekun said:
MidnightPride said:

and this ^^,

its kinda nice watching shounen with mature theme and old school feel in it, the director definitely pull off the right emotional impact also

i don't care about predictability, i really don't care about its cliche as long as it don't mock the audience intelligence

too bad audience nowadays fail to appreciate well executed simple shows like this and keeps on nagging how simple it is

what happened to the 90's kids who can't wait to get home after school to watch animes as simple as this

THIS! To many things you pointed out, such as the female MC and the nagging of some ppl.

I haven't read the Manga and I don't judge an Anime merely by the first episode. I've seen Anime of which the first episodes were promising but ended average, or worse, waste of time. Others that didn't leave the best first impression, but betray your excpectations in a good way at the end.
Oct 7, 2012 10:59 AM

Sep 2008
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

(Just read chapter 1 of the manga too see how more bloody it is, and how that gang attacks the homeless people)

Chapter 1 only covers 1st episode or? I'd like to start reading manga, but only things covered in anime. (I sometimes read manga, but I mostly prefer anime (except for berserk, but that's another thing altogether)).
Oct 7, 2012 11:10 AM

Sep 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Dude, the few small arcs before Hitomis are ganna get crammed so much. Like that

Hitomi arc is chapter 24-34. He will probably be the final antagonist of this adaptation. Maybe episode 9-13.

I hope it turns out to be much longer. 13 episodes it's nothing. Hitomi's Arc is awesome, but there are essential things in the others mini-arcs, specially in the
that can't be discarded, in my opinion like
Oct 7, 2012 11:15 AM

Jun 2012
Thoses bastards deserved to die for doing that to the dog. Looks pretty good so far, mc is awsome for being such a badass.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Oct 7, 2012 11:16 AM

Jul 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
iLostReason said:

How do you think people will react to the "Lost States"? lol. I saw a few people drop the manga because of that a long time ago.

Yea, i remember people complained about it...though i somehow hope it won't happen again.I mean ''Lost States'' idea isn't really that bad.It's kinda original, and it gives alot of options in story/fights etc.I don't really understand why people dislike it so much ;_;
Oct 7, 2012 11:29 AM

Dec 2010
Its a shame that it seems we won't reach the Seeker arc, considering it was easily the best arc in the manga. Only showing Hitomi's arc won't leave a good impression of the series....well if anything it won't be as bad as Medaka Box's first season; made so many people get a wrong impression of that series.
Oct 7, 2012 11:32 AM

Aug 2011
Wow, this was actually a really good episode! I didn't have very high hopes for this anime but it was a great start. Sakura is a really refreshing shounen female protagonist - she reminds me of Erza, who I also love. Although Rei is kinda a stereotypical cold and ruthless bastard right now. I think out of all the anime this season this has left me wanting more; I need to know what happens!

And one more thing. This seemed to have shoujo elements. We've got Sakura who's the protagonist and this first episode was in her point of view. I wonder if the rest of the anime will be her POV or not? This makes it even more interesting.
Oct 7, 2012 11:57 AM

Oct 2011
I didn't read the manga, so I had no expectations about this one but the first episode was amazing (though the censorship was unnecessary)... I'm having big hopes for this anime
Oct 7, 2012 11:58 AM

Jun 2009
Hopefully, this is just until Hitomi's arc since it's only the good part of the manga. It gets really shitty later on.
Oct 7, 2012 12:10 PM
Aug 2011
nina4life said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Chapter 1 only covers 1st episode or? I'd like to start reading manga, but only things covered in anime. (I sometimes read manga, but I mostly prefer anime (except for berserk, but that's another thing altogether)).

Yes. Episode 1 covers the 1st chapter. You should just read that 1 chapter too see if you really did enjoy this episode.

Lamp said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

I hope it turns out to be much longer. 13 episodes it's nothing. Hitomi's Arc is awesome, but there are essential things in the others mini-arcs, specially in the
that can't be discarded, in my opinion like

I'm also hoping that those rumors aren't true. 25 episodes at least.(+More seasons later)
and sure, that arc can't be discarded.

iLostReason said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
iLostReason said:

Yea, i remember people complained about it...though i somehow hope it won't happen again.I mean ''Lost States'' idea isn't really that bad.It's kinda original, and it gives alot of options in story/fights etc.I don't really understand why people dislike it so much ;_;

I also didn't understand. It defiantly wasn't bad at all. It was really just petty complaints because it apparently came off as "strange and stupid" , well at least we don't see it that way.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The purpose of the female lead.

RudeRedis - Jan 6

3 by Sekiro94 »»
Jan 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2012

78 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 3, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

102 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 1, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2012

163 by AyanAliShah »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2012

70 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.