Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2012 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A serious argument between Oda and Sagara this episode ;o

Sagara is having a bad day though, not only cause the argument but later
The fuck? A sniper gun during this age?

Also, yandere spotted:

Sep 2, 2012 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
I guess Sagara was thinking about Akechi's possible betrayal so I was wrong last episode. This episode seemed sort of cliche with everything working out in the end but it was still done well. Also, Matsunaga totally groped herself.
Sep 2, 2012 10:32 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, one of the best episodes so far! I wonder if that woman is going to join them?

I'm looking forward to next week, it might be more than just fan service.
Sep 2, 2012 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
Talk about the comeback of the ages, Oda and crew were nearly defeated and were saved by the forces of Botenmaru and Fois.

That sniper musket used in Sagara's kidnapping, I get the feeling it's not accurate to the time.

ClementIV said:
Wow, one of the best episodes so far! I wonder if that woman is going to join them?

There's a chance Hisahide will join.

Sep 2, 2012 10:55 AM

Jun 2009
Again, such a great episode. I picked up this show just on a whim, yet every week i'm reminded it was a great decision.
Awesome episode all around, there should be more Date though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 2, 2012 11:09 AM
Jan 2011
Last 3 episodes left.
Sep 2, 2012 11:18 AM
May 2012
Nasty001 said:
Last 3 episodes left.

how do you know there are 3 episodes remaining?
is it stated anywhere?
Sep 2, 2012 11:30 AM

Nov 2007
they should have just listened to him to begin with. nobody even told him he was right. I mean he's been right so far, why would they doubt him now?

and hisahide just randomly feels up her own boobs during fights? cool. I guess she might join soon?
Sep 2, 2012 11:31 AM

Sep 2012
Danjo is way too weird to join them directly. That said, nice episode. It seems to be something important next week between two pair of boobs.
Sep 2, 2012 11:40 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
That sniper musket used in Sagara's kidnapping, I get the feeling it's not accurate to the time.
Rifling was invented in Europe around 1500, so the idea of a rifle instead of a musket at that time is fine as they were in (very) sporadic use in Europe. The 'scope' need not be anything more than just a tube with cross-hairs to aid aiming. Rifles just weren't used for normal military applications because of their tremendously slow rate of fire compared to smooth bore muskets.
Sep 2, 2012 11:44 AM

Nov 2008
Cratex said:
Hoppy said:
Rifling was invented in Europe around 1500, so the idea of a rifle instead of a musket at that time is fine as they were in (very) sporadic use in Europe. The 'scope' need not be anything more than just a tube with cross-hairs to aid aiming. Rifles just weren't used for normal military applications because of their tremendously slow rate of fire compared to smooth bore muskets.

I learned something today

Thanks.

Sep 2, 2012 11:53 AM

Mar 2012
This was a really good episode.

It was good to see that Sagara, in fact, is acutely aware of the Honnouji incident and Mitsuhide's betrayal, and that he's alert enough to ward off potential sparks toward that eventual outcome. The argument between Sagara and Oda was unfortunate and temporarily costly, but understandable given the mindsets of both. The momentary glimpse into Nobuna's past and her issues with her mother was quite interesting and nicely highlighted the underlying theme of the episode and how that fractured relationship partially affects her decisions. Although very subtle in this particular episode, the minor developments and noticeable hints at the strong feelings Oda and Sagara have for one another continues to be one of the best elements of the show.

Mitsuhide is my least favorite character by far, but she was alright here, since her fight with Hisahide was the best and most interesting part of the episode. As for Hisahide, she continues to be to be the most inriguing character of them all, and it certainly seems likely that she'll eventually join the Oda clan. Goemon and Inuchiyo were terrific in their brief appearances once again; they definitely need to have larger roles. Botenmaru's appearance was awesome, and she's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. Imagawa was hilarious throughout, and her scenes provided a nice touch of levity amidst the tension.

Thankfully, apart from that odd Hisahide bit, the fanservice was basically non-existent. Although there appears to be a slight abundance of it in the next episode, it's unlikely to be too prevalent and seems to actually be rather necessary for one particular scene.

Overall, Oda Nobuna continues to impress with another excellent episode. The story, historical intrigue, and bits of character development far exceed what I had hoped for going into the series. This, surprisingly, has cemented itself as one of the better shows of the season, and I'm hoping the last few episodes continue to consistently deliver on that potential. The preview hints at some terrific moments, particularly between Oda and Sagara, so I'm rather excited to see what happens next.
Lelouch22Sep 2, 2012 12:01 PM
Sep 2, 2012 11:54 AM

Nov 2009
Seriously these action scenes were far more superior than SAO, damn you madhouse, why are u so good T_T ?

Oh and the fan service ...
Something big's gonna happen next ep, cant wait to see =)
Sep 2, 2012 12:18 PM

Nov 2009
Still my favourite anime of the season. The gap between it and SAO grows with each passing episode.

Nobuna is still a fantastic character, seeing her with her musket on the temple roof just reminds you of how badass she is.

I dont mind a bit more of a fanservice type episode next as this is one of those rare occasions where I feel that any fanservice displayed does not detract from the great characters and good storyline.
Sep 2, 2012 12:24 PM

Aug 2008
Take out the parts that Nobuna acted so fast to gain people to their aid and that Danjo suddenly changed her mindset, otherwise it was a good episode.

Next episode we will get a lot of fanservices.
Sep 2, 2012 12:26 PM

Dec 2011
Lovely episode, the animation in during the fight scene was so smooth and fluid - Madhouse<3, even though I was kind of expecting them to lose Dx. Nevertheless Nobuna did a great job managing to hold the fort down despite facing all those problems. (somewhat thx to Saru's phone ofc)

The source for Mastunaga's villainy is indeed an earnest reason, It'd be nice to have a Sadist character like her join Nobuna~
Sep 2, 2012 12:26 PM

Apr 2010
Mitsuhide's spirit was almost crushed by Danjo i had expected her to have a stronger will then that.
Tho it was a good battle scene i really like the graphics of this anime there pretty amazing and really nice the look at.

Sagara finally realised that history is changing allot because of his actions even tho he was warned still the unpredictable future of this anime is what makes it nice.
And it's almost ironic that the one who killed Mitsuhide in history Hideyoshi is the one to save her.
Tho i do wonder when Sagara realises his potential as Hideyoshi.
Sep 2, 2012 12:40 PM

Jun 2010
I wonder, how many episodes is this show going to get...
Sep 2, 2012 12:47 PM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect Danjo to surrender that easily... but things finally resolved itself.
Yoshiharu's phone saves the day again!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2012 1:15 PM

Feb 2011
That was a really fast paced resolve. I thought their would be more episodes on this arc.
Sep 2, 2012 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
I like this episode. At first, that sudden reinforcements (Bontenmaru & the christians) bothered me too but they do live around Kyo right (because Sagara cs met them in Kyo)? So it's acceptable if they're joining the battle.
Before this, I didn't see the importance of Sagara meeting with Bontenmaru cs. Well, that's answered in this episode.

This show is actually great. The way they resolving the problems are good even though it can be considered too fast. Maybe because there will be only 13 episodes. I dunno, but I think it fits. Too many episode and we'll get unnecessary things.
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Sep 2, 2012 2:19 PM

May 2012
Man Sagara and Nobuna sure do fight and make up a lot in this series! So is Mitsuhide all better now? She's not gonna turn evil? Good, because now I want her to be the first non-loli in Sagara's harem! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 2, 2012 2:57 PM

Jan 2012
Still don't really understand this anime. I need to research Japanese history.

But hey. It's interesting.
Sep 2, 2012 3:09 PM

Feb 2012
Dat Matsunaga! Sexy!

Great ep. Next week looks like an onsen ep. Hell yea.
Sep 2, 2012 3:57 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode! Wonder how far the fan service will go next episode...
Sep 2, 2012 4:17 PM

Aug 2008
Imagawa will be a splendid shogun. hhnggggggggg x3
Sep 2, 2012 4:22 PM

Apr 2012
Loving the series, just seems like every episode now has some moment of cuteness that keeps me watching!

Good episode.
Sep 2, 2012 5:40 PM

Sep 2009
The end where the priestess calls Sagara out on his love for women telling Nobuna to be careful, ahahahahaha!!

Sep 2, 2012 7:41 PM

Apr 2012
Nice Episodes :D
but yeah too fast and I expect an intense duel with danjo :(

maybe the next eps i will get more nosebleed XD

Sep 2, 2012 10:47 PM

Dec 2007
I guess I'll have to agree with you guys (and gals) that the episode pacing was a bit too fast paced on this episode. Wanted to see more of Sagara being rescued and the temple fight being drawn out just a bit more. It needs more "5 points" references instead a "Oh? You're outnumbered!"

Either way I can let it slide because of a flashback and because of the reinforcements stationed within or close to Kyo. As for Sagara's phone, the battery should be fully dead, no? But then again they do mysteriously troll you for that 1-3 seconds before dying again on their last bar.

Mitsuhide regained my liking with how she decided to defend the temple bravely. She even fought without wavering to the point of a coward so I'll have to applaud her for that. As for Nobuna being a bad-ass on the roof was well worth it.

Lastly, Matsunaga pleasuring herself took me off-guard. I also noticed her eyes looked distant, empty, sleepy, or just out of touch with the world around her so think they'll expand on that in later episodes or maybe even in a possible second season? Don't quote me on the season bit.
Sep 2, 2012 11:01 PM

Dec 2007
An interesting episode, dominated by the Akechi-Matsunaga fight. Nothing much to be disappointed about, though the "scope" on the rifle does seem a bit off considering the times (they still weren't accurate to ranges that would make iron sights insufficient). I guess it's more because that's how we think of snipers today, even if the standing record holder also only used iron sghts.

As for Matsunaga, I'd like to see her elaborated on, as they're definitely hinting at som things. Of course, based on her histrical persona, I would bet on her joining Nobuna, then switching sides at an opportune moment, then joining again, then switching again, then trying to join again and getting rebuffed. Probably ending with Sagara begging to have her spared and her then finally joining permanently.

That, or she'll just join and stay with them.
Sep 3, 2012 12:06 AM

Jul 2008
xuezhi said:
The end where the priestess calls Sagara out on his love for women telling Nobuna to be careful, ahahahahaha!!

Uh, she's the empress of Japan, not a priestess.

It's interesting though that a Tokugawa hasn't shown up yet. Would have been nice to see too since even historically Tokugawa actually helped both Oda Nobunaga and Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
Sep 3, 2012 1:12 AM

Feb 2012
I smell 'fanservice+serious follow-up events' like last ep again next week :D
Sep 3, 2012 2:29 AM

Aug 2009
From the episode preview, I have a guess that Asai Nagamasa is actually a girl.
entropy13 said:
It's interesting though that a Tokugawa hasn't shown up yet. Would have been nice to see too since even historically Tokugawa actually helped both Oda Nobunaga and Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
Wasn't Matsudaira Motoyasu going to be Tokugawa Ieyasu?
Sep 3, 2012 2:58 AM
Mar 2012
A great episode, the resolution felt too rushed though, and sagara's worries about the possibility of akechi double-crossing immediately vanished the moment he was kidnapped, but the highlight of the episode : Danjo groping her own breasts!!!

That still doesn't change the fact that this show is overrated though....
Sep 3, 2012 3:00 AM

Aug 2010
It's so sad when you are rooting for the bad guy, but you know the MC won't be killed off and just wait to see what kind of stretch the writer has to come up with, so he can solve the mess he got his character into. Matsunaga Hisahide was definitely the highlight of the episode. Mitsuhide Akechi was so cool when she used pain to resist the magic, too bad she fell for a trap so easily right afterwards. 3/5
Sep 3, 2012 3:00 AM

Apr 2011
All I would want in that era is my Colt M1911 .45 and M4A1. With lots of ammunition. Fuck their gay ass fuse crap weapons. Too primal for me. Oh? You're wondering why I am talking about guns? Who gives a fuck? :D
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 3, 2012 4:04 AM

Jan 2012
His phone which had a dead battery suddenly came back to life for a split second. Fuck yeah!
Sep 3, 2012 4:43 AM

Jun 2009
Why stick to only Nobuna when you can catch them all?
Sep 3, 2012 5:52 AM

May 2008
Wanted to see more of (Bontenmaru & the christians) in action.
Sep 3, 2012 6:24 AM

Jul 2011
So now the witch is one of them, cool!
Sep 3, 2012 6:43 AM

Nov 2009
KingofConquerors said:

That still doesn't change the fact that this show is overrated though....

What have you been smoking?

This is probably one of the most under-rated shows of the season. Barely anyone is watching this in relation to Sword Art Online for this season. If anything is overrated it's that.

Don't get me wrong I love both but this is better than Sword Art, at least in my opinion.
Sep 3, 2012 8:16 AM

Jun 2010
Saru's phone saves Nobuna again!

With that, the dreadful event has been averted.

Sep 3, 2012 9:18 AM

Dec 2011
13man18 said:
Saru's phone saves Nobuna again!

With that, the dreadful event has been averted.

^I wanted to say similar thing. :D

I liked this episode, especially end <3 :D
Sep 3, 2012 9:59 AM

Feb 2011
I loved this ^^

Sep 3, 2012 10:36 AM

Mar 2010
Another aboslutely amazing episode. This is really close to becoming my favorite this season, if not one of my favorites of all time!
Sep 3, 2012 10:37 AM

Jul 2011
So like, danjo reminded me a bit of that one char from Upotte. lol. Oh, and Sagara's cellphone saves Nobuna once again! Nice episode! Next one looks interesting, can't wait to see!
Sep 3, 2012 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
Lolis! lolis everywhere!
Sep 3, 2012 4:36 PM

Jun 2010
Wow. Another great episode.
Sep 3, 2012 6:09 PM

Sep 2009
entropy13 said:
xuezhi said:

Uh, she's the empress of Japan, not a priestess.

Yea, I missed that somehow, don't know how =.=" So I used the clothes as a indication she is a priestess. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

283 by Rurihime »»
Mar 5, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

119 by Apratim »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.