Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 2012 8:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The recuse mission begin.

Shit goes down as Godou attempts to fight his way through. Let the game commence.
KinetaSep 11, 2012 10:59 AM
Aug 10, 2012 9:53 AM

Feb 2009
A bit low on action and lots of talk until the end. Voban is pretty OP with his army of zombies and wolves. And transforming into a werewolf and consuming the Stallion flames. With this pace, pretty sure this will wrap up next episode. Looking forward to how Godou uses one of his powers to beat this guy.
Aug 10, 2012 10:49 AM

Jul 2012
I agree, episode picked up really well in the latter half. I'm looking forward to the conclusion of this battle.
Aug 10, 2012 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
belatkuro said:
A bit low on action and lots of talk until the end. Voban is pretty OP with his army of zombies and wolves. And transforming into a werewolf and consuming the Stallion flames. With this pace, pretty sure this will wrap up next episode. Looking forward to how Godou uses one of his powers to beat this guy.

That transformation was freaky but kinda expecting from all the wolves in his room, he has pretty much access to any warrior from any point in ancient history, heck Voban can summon undead summoners which was very surprising, usually when someone has the ability to summon the undead they only call on knights and other blade wielding warriors not mages or summoners.

Aug 10, 2012 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
This old fart is sick. Needs to kill him quick.
Aug 10, 2012 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
i wanna see lily part of the harem alread
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 10, 2012 11:31 AM

Jan 2011
You know, we all bow at Akatsuki's feet every week for the BAWS MC he is, but Godou is no slouch either. Compare him to the MC from Oda who gets irrational and loses composure at times. Godou on the other hand has been calm, cool and collected. Hasn't jumped to conclusions, let his emotions take over his thought process and is showing some damn good backbone.

He gets my vote for 2nd best MC of the season.
Aug 10, 2012 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
well go Godou I wonder how well this will really follow lol
Aug 10, 2012 12:11 PM
Jun 2008
belatkuro said:

Everyone in this anime is broken. Just too powerful.
Aug 10, 2012 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
^
Probably the reason why I love this anime. They are the epitome of power. You can't get much better than killing Gods, lol.
Aug 10, 2012 12:38 PM

Dec 2011
There was alot of running away this episode -_- as a Campione I hope to see more action from Goudou~ it just seems Erica is the one always on the front lines Dx (u go girl!)

And a Wolf transforming campione who can summon an army of legendary past warriors is a first for me lol
Aug 10, 2012 1:19 PM

Feb 2011
This is pretty good. I can only imagine what way he'll defeat this king.
Aug 10, 2012 1:31 PM

May 2010
Great episode but why did the old dude have to be a werewolf? i mean i saw it coming other then that, the light speed at the end was sick.

Laugh also at the fact Erica was making her status known that she top "diva" if that what you want call it haha

lets see what Godou pulls out of his bag of tricks.

4/5
Aug 10, 2012 2:04 PM

Jul 2009
This shrine maiden is kinda slow on the uptake....
Aug 10, 2012 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
Well, this wasn't half bad. I liked how at the end Godou took Mariya to regroup and left Erica there saying she'll be fine, MCs often lack trust in their partners and spout moralfag shit like Fate's Shirou(Fate route).
It would be nice if old man got his ass beaten by next episode, with Godou scoring silver-haired girl, then we could move on the 2nd best girl candidate.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 10, 2012 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
Even among chaos, Erica still finds time to remind Godou that she's #1, lol.
Aug 10, 2012 3:36 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Elite60 said:
Even among chaos, Erica still finds time to remind Godou that she's #1, lol.
It's all about priorities.
Aug 10, 2012 3:55 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode of Campione lacked a little action until the end but the explanations were well worth it IMO. First of all Duke Voban in the following,

Was most likely KICKASS! I ROFL so hard at Godou for being totally insulted by not only having his horse absorbed but humiliated and having to retreat. That was so amazing and the coming into field of Voban in the spoiler
itself was quite nice. The SFX that is.

About the nasty side of Duke Voban, Voban was quite nasty when you see Yuri past’s in the spoiler
HOLY SHIT! All these virgin girls out psychologically and hurt like that? RAGE! Surely a nasty villain that Voban is. I therefore associate him to the following,
http://myanimelist.net/character/53641/Deishu_Kaiki
YES KAIKI! Think about it, he is cold and calculating like him. I wonder if it’s the same VA? Guess not cause I checked. Poor Yuri in the spoiler
that was terrible to see her like that TBH. Anyway Voban is a kick ass Campione despite being quite evil. Still surprised the girls were naked like and all that purification nonsense. The God must have been evil in nature. That’s for sure for such harm to bestow upon those girls and the fact of the whole Miko business. That kid in the spoiler
looks like Athena a little.

About Osiris, more can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris
Very powerful God and I am disappointed D: that he got defeated so easily by Voban. I assume he had already another Authority before that and that is why he won easily. I did like how Yuri went about it in the spoiler
those were quite some SFX there and a nice shade.

About Erica, she surprised me a lot by not being slutty and full of action along with manners. Quite happy of it TBH. That being said I did like her Golem part in the spoiler
which sadly was LAME in that you had to put METH only to kill it but it was still pretty good. Golem here:

Is quite accurate of its description and indeed it’s a powerful strong foe but slow/stupid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem
I did find her stupid in the spoiler
for using a lion of all things to get rid of that one skeleton. I would have used something else since the Lion might drain a lot of mana itself.

Very nice moves of Erica in the spoiler
against that wretched Golem summoning sorceress.

Finally Erica shinned the most in the spoiler
Unlimited Blade Works TAKE 2! Sure! It was quite well done and I am surprised much more of that she could pull out something like that while I though Godou could only do that TBH.

About Yuri x Godou, it was so sweet in the spoiler
I liked the flow and Yuri’s blushes around that part. Really nicely done IMO. However the best for me was the following,

HA! Along with the spoiler
Princess Carry + Hand holding! Heck yeah! Way better than Erica, at least it’s decent and not saliva tongue French kissing indecent IMO. Whom a lot of Asian countries would say the same.

On that note Voban is the new Kaiki! Voban is such a evil bad ass in mind fucking virgin Miko for his selfish interests. Voban’s powers and Werewolf transformation are top notch! Voban is the shit now!

BTW Image Stitches and pic dump in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/08/image-stitches-and-pic-dumb-of-campione.html
Some of Yuri and Liliana.

Rest of GIFs in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=475435
Meh I was trying something with Yuri but it never panned out. Oh well.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 10, 2012 4:07 PM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Very powerful God and I am disappointed D: that he got defeated so easily by Voban. I assume he had already another Authority before that and that is why he won easily.
Well, if you consider the fact that you can summon Gods, then there must be ways to disable their powers. Also, he's a god of afterlife, the underworld, and the dead which leaves him with no power reigning over the living or death itself... His field of powers seem more limited when you look at it that way...

but I do get your point, he can raise millions from the dead, how the hell did he lose, overconfidence?
Aug 10, 2012 4:24 PM

Oct 2010
kyled00m said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Very powerful God and I am disappointed D: that he got defeated so easily by Voban. I assume he had already another Authority before that and that is why he won easily.
Well, if you consider the fact that you can summon Gods, then there must be ways to disable their powers. Also, he's a god of afterlife, the underworld, and the dead which leaves him with no power reigning over the living or death itself... His field of powers seem more limited when you look at it that way...

but I do get your point, he can raise millions from the dead, how the hell did he lose, overconfidence?
Quite true indeed. However where the limits of Osiris lie is where he always sought power from. Osiris was really prideful yes but not stupid. He would have known Voban too easily as a mere mortal like Godou.

Goes back to that werewolf authority. Something Osiris would not expect despite knowing wolves rather well since it was a animal in Egypt or there was one of its family there...coyotes? Anyway yeah bit WTF at Voban being able to beat Osiris with a Werewolf authority God.

Aug 10, 2012 6:18 PM

Nov 2010
*Ahem

Don't know if I'm wrong , but have Kusanagi ever had a fight with Salvatore in the prev eps? Haven't really checked yet, but it seems he kinda had a match on par with him...
Aug 10, 2012 6:32 PM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
kyled00m said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Quite true indeed. However where the limits of Osiris lie is where he always sought power from. Osiris was really prideful yes but not stupid. He would have known Voban too easily as a mere mortal like Godou.

Goes back to that werewolf authority. Something Osiris would not expect despite knowing wolves rather well since it was a animal in Egypt or there was one of its family there...coyotes? Anyway yeah bit WTF at Voban being able to beat Osiris with a Werewolf authority God.
I hope it's not the same situation as Godou where Varanthagas basically gave Godou his authorities for self-entertainment... >_<
Aug 10, 2012 8:26 PM

Jun 2010
I feel like I'm missing some information. I know they didn't show the fight between Godou and his "close friend." Didn't Godou have trouble summoning his powers?

Whatever, I don't look at the little things. All I know is that this fight is going to get interesting.

Aug 10, 2012 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
I wish this series was more memorable.
Aug 10, 2012 8:45 PM

Jul 2010
Yuri x Godou!! <3 Sooo cuute :) Anways, mediocre as usual, although I'm really hating that Vodan guy or whatever -.--
Aug 10, 2012 8:47 PM

Jul 2010
Jean_Claymore said:
*Ahem

Don't know if I'm wrong , but have Kusanagi ever had a fight with Salvatore in the prev eps? Haven't really checked yet, but it seems he kinda had a match on par with him...

I don't think so >___< I was really confused there too XD
Aug 10, 2012 8:53 PM
Jul 2012
kyled00m said:
I hope it's not the same situation as Godou where Varanthagas basically gave Godou his authorities for self-entertainment... >_<

Nah, Osiris lost beacuse Voban has a lot of authorities from his godslaying streak for around three centuries. Now he's bored and trying to summon a rogue god for fun lol.
Aug 10, 2012 9:28 PM

Jan 2012
Wtf a Werewolf that can eat the flames of the sun is just a little bit overpowered...
Aug 10, 2012 9:30 PM

Jul 2012
Funny how Erica constantly reminds Godou that she's number 1 xD

Good call by Godou to regroup imo, rashly using anymore authorities would just be wasting their usage.

And yea, we never ever saw the fight between Salvatore and Godou, think they left it out in this anime adaptation =/ As someone who hasn't read the light novels, this makes things quite confusing.
Aug 10, 2012 9:45 PM
Jul 2012
im sorry but can someone tell me when Godou fought the first Campione i honestly dont remember seeing that
Aug 10, 2012 10:11 PM

Feb 2009
13man18 said:
I feel like I'm missing some information. I know they didn't show the fight between Godou and his "close friend." Didn't Godou have trouble summoning his powers?

Whatever, I don't look at the little things. All I know is that this fight is going to get interesting.
Here's the deal. After Godou got his powers in episode 1, there's a timeskip before episode 2(few months in the novels, one week in the anime). It was that time when he fought Doni. The thing is, the novels just mentions it in passing in this part of the story that they fought to a draw. Ep1 is volume 3 which chronologically happens first while we're now in volume 2. The details of that fight is in volume11 which chronologically happens between vol3(ep1) and vol1(ep2).
belatkuroAug 10, 2012 10:17 PM
Aug 10, 2012 10:26 PM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
13man18 said:

Here's the deal. After Godou got his powers in episode 1, there's a timeskip before episode 2(few months in the novels, one week in the anime). It was that time when he fought Doni. The thing is, the novels just mentions it in passing in this part of the story that they fought to a draw. Ep1 is volume 3 which chronologically happens first while we're now in volume 2. The details of that fight is in volume11 which chronologically happens between vol3(ep1) and vol1(ep2).
Yeah so why have they have not given out a flashback of this event yet somehow is the question. Next episode?

Aug 10, 2012 10:49 PM

Feb 2009
Like I said, it only gets mentioned in bits and pieces in this part of the story(Godou using this authority against him but gets countered, Doni going all out against a new Campione, Doni being a battle genius, fight ended in a draw, etc). The full details are in vol11.
From the looks of it, they're only planning to adapt 5 volumes(out of 12). Volume 3 which is episode 1(severely compressed) is actually just a flashback of Godou telling Yuri how he got his Campione powers. They just put it in the first episode to get it out of the way. Most likely we'll never see the details of Doni and Godou's fight in the anime.
Aug 10, 2012 10:57 PM
Jul 2009
belatkuro said:
Like I said, it only gets mentioned in bits and pieces in this part of the story(Godou using this authority against him but gets countered, Doni going all out against a new Campione, Doni being a battle genius, fight ended in a draw, etc). The full details are in vol11.
From the looks of it, they're only planning to adapt 5 volumes(out of 12). Volume 3 which is episode 1(severely compressed) is actually just a flashback of Godou telling Yuri how he got his Campione powers. They just put it in the first episode to get it out of the way. Most likely we'll never see the details of Doni and Godou's fight in the anime.

not to mention that originally vol 11 wasn't even going to be publish since the author originally never plan on writing a prologue in the first place, i doubt it would be include it unless they are going to make it a 2 cour season :/
Aug 10, 2012 11:35 PM

Mar 2012
gr33ncar said:
i wanna see lily part of the harem alread

This.
Aug 10, 2012 11:37 PM
Nov 2007
Am I the only one in feeling this anime could have been done slightly better? It started off interesting, but the same themes and fight sequences are getting a little stale to me after this episode.
Aug 11, 2012 2:56 AM

Nov 2011
fishergirl16 said:
Jean_Claymore said:
*Ahem

I don't think so >___< I was really confused there too XD

they just skipped that fight probably :D
Aug 11, 2012 3:49 AM

Mar 2011
Good ep and again some gods from Mith's
Aug 11, 2012 3:49 AM

Mar 2011
Good ep and again some gods from Mith's
Aug 11, 2012 4:02 AM
Mar 2012
I kinda pity Erica though for having to share Kusanagi's love with that shrine chick, i know this is a harem but Kusanagi should make up his mind who he's gonna fuck, geez....
Aug 11, 2012 4:53 AM

May 2010
When is that black-haired girl going to be introduced?
Aug 11, 2012 5:14 AM

May 2012
Kusanagi is actually really weak, without Erica fighting all the minions he will would just used up all his authorities way to quickly...
Aug 11, 2012 5:30 AM

May 2010
Godou is really useless this time letting Lisara do all the fighting and after he uses his power he couldn't even beat the Duke instead he ran away that really disappoint me !!

Aug 11, 2012 10:29 AM

Feb 2011
Honestly after their episode one fail, they finally returned to the true plot which made this anime 10x more awesome, and while many complain that the characters are overpowered, it's all relative. Say I'm lvl 100 while everyone is lvl 10 sure I'm overpowered but if I vs. another lvl 100 or in the case of Voban a lvl 200+ it still is awesome.
Aug 11, 2012 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
So that creepy old king is some sort of werewolf who can steal other being's powers and even summon the dead forms of the warriors he has once beaten.

I don't doubt Godou being able to stay away from him long enough, or even beat him some way. :)

Aug 11, 2012 11:52 PM

Mar 2012
KingofConquerors said:
I kinda pity Erica though for having to share Kusanagi's love with that shrine chick, i know this is a harem but Kusanagi should make up his mind who he's gonna fuck, geez....

This. I got into this series mainly because the battles have been really exciting and I'm looking forward to more of it. The blatant play for fan service has been a little disappointing though. I guess that's the way Japanese anime has to go...
Aug 12, 2012 2:29 AM

Jan 2012
Thought he was a vampire instead of a werewolf.
Aug 12, 2012 3:34 AM

Jul 2010
burningflamex2 said:
Thought he was a vampire instead of a werewolf.
He was neither a vampire nor a true werewolf. He simply had the ability to turn into a wolf according to his will, that's all. There isn't any curse compelling him to do so, and getting bitten by him wouldn't turn you into one either.

Aug 12, 2012 11:29 AM

Jun 2008
Dsrtstorm said:
Am I the only one in feeling this anime could have been done slightly better? It started off interesting, but the same themes and fight sequences are getting a little stale to me after this episode.

I feel the same. It's not boring since it has all this action and events going with overpowered monsters but it seems it can be done a lot better and like the makers are going at it with a cheap way.
Aug 13, 2012 11:35 AM

Jul 2011
osh turning into a werewolf and summoning the dead. i wonder how they would beat that guy lol, i guess i'll have to wait for the next ep and see!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2012

171 by Toolbot »»
Apr 21, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

205 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.