Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 21, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
13man18 said:
Why do I have the feeling I'm going to cry in the next episode?

Well because several things could happen

1. Parents come back somehow (Highly unlikely). Perfect Ending but this will give unanswered questions.
At the first episode it was mentioned that the plane went missing and in the manga the girls father and Yuri where always mentioned to be missing so that might be a possibility.
Still aside from the fact that only the first episode mentioned they went missing and all the other episodes mentioned they where death makes it like you mentioned highly unlikely.
Don't know how it is in Japan but here in Europe a family member has to be missing for more then a year before you can declare them death.

Hoppy said:
2. Yuuta does the unthinkable and gives up the girls and it does turn out be a trap and they become separated.
I don't think it's unthinkable and i don't think it's a trap.
First of all Yuuta is a student and already has enough trouble taking care of himself let alone himself and three girls.
Also the fact that the girls uncle has a bigger house most likely a stable job and a wife who can also take care of the girls would make it a very wise decision to let him take care of the girls.
Both the uncle and Yuuta want what is best for the girls.
From that point of view i think that the uncle is sincere in that letter.
I think he was also thinking what was best for the girls at the night of the funeral but probably took the decision pretty fast.
Now he did have some time to think about it and talk about it with his wife and he also kept in contact with Yoshiko.
So i think he could make a better decision taking into account what is best for all those involved.
Mar 21, 2012 12:32 PM

Dec 2011
Sora's dreams were awesome, driving a red sportscar on a field of flowers. xD
Mar 21, 2012 12:33 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was full of Sora's dreams and fantasies. xD

So now he's thinking about if he should give the children to his aunt and uncle or not. I wonder if he'll choose them or his own studies.

Mar 21, 2012 3:06 PM
Apr 2010
This series better not end without someone telling Hina the truth.
Mar 21, 2012 4:02 PM

Dec 2010
her parents are gonna tell her in her dream,
then she'd wake up crying so freakin' loud and wake up everyone
「J>K>W」
事実。
Mar 21, 2012 4:55 PM

May 2011
Like how she kept dreaming about marriage
Mar 21, 2012 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
Sir_Lexa said:
I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR TWINKLE TWINKLE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!

Sent with Mal Updater

Amen to that.

Me too had to mute it this time it just is -.-.

A realistic episode showing appearances can be deceiving. I hope that he makes the rational choice and gives them back to the Uncle so that he can actually return back to normal and be with Raika while still keep in contact with them but that won't happen.

A long time coming for family appearance bloody hell :L.

Well the next episode won't do anything for developing the story much just that they get the family's backing or something like that.
Mar 21, 2012 9:21 PM

Apr 2009
too much daydreaming....
Mar 21, 2012 9:27 PM

Jun 2009
I've been very worried about how the girls are hiding the fact that they're less than happy from Yuuta.

The girls are at fault for not rely more on Yuuta.
Then gain, Yuuta is not coping even with current conditions, I don't think he can take much more.

It's great that the aunt came and slap some sense into him.

The logical option is Yuuta giving them up. However, I got a feeling that it will not happen. Hopefully they can end this show with a logical and heart warming conclusion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2012 11:07 PM
Jun 2010
Prez isn't going to be happy, I think Miu started her period.
Mar 21, 2012 11:35 PM

Jan 2011
quick prayer that the parents come back. quite honestly my most preferred ending would be ... well there isn't one really. realistically, yuuta will have to let the girls go. he doesn't have the time/money/space/etc to raise three kids. the kids being far from where they originally live is a very large factor in this quite honestly.
there are probably three different "good" endings for me
1. the parents come back

2. Everyone supports Yuuta in raising the kids, before the parents come back(above spoiler)

there are also the little things between this "family" i didn't address and other little things
1. Girls hiding things from Yuuta.

2.the "relative"

feel like i'm missing a few point but it's kinda late and i'm tired.
3.Sora vs Raika
hellsascendantMar 22, 2012 12:06 AM
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Mar 22, 2012 12:36 AM

Jul 2011
I'm pretty sure final ending is coming
Mar 22, 2012 3:03 AM

May 2010
Their aunt sure knows about everything that is going on..
Mar 22, 2012 3:55 AM

Oct 2011
that was an emotional rollercoaster - left me feeling drained - great show!
Mar 22, 2012 6:38 AM

Jun 2009
Sora sure daydreams a lot.

It's only logical and convenient for both parties to give them to the uncle but I'll see what happens.
Mar 22, 2012 9:55 AM

Aug 2011
And even after all these episodes, it still seems to me as if the parents aren't dead. That has become quite unlikely though, because of the time that has passed - even if they were alive, they would have returned home by now. The ending of this episode also reinforced how unlikely this outcome is. Still, they were never officially reported dead - just missing, and in an anime everything is possible, even if almost impossible.
Mar 22, 2012 12:41 PM

Jan 2011
I'm starting to think that the parents may actually be alive too.
I don't really know what to expect.
Nice episode, strange opening though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 22, 2012 5:18 PM

May 2011
Oh Hina... still innocently thinking about her parents and creating that sad mood again.

Things were just getting worse and worse as time went on. Good thing Yuuta found out before it got outta hand tbh. Hmmm tough decision now that the uncle is willing to accept all three girls. I sure hope they stay together, got a feeling next episode is going to be hard to watch.

Just one episode left. :(
And lol at Sora's fantasies.
Mar 22, 2012 8:21 PM
Jul 2011
It's truly amazing how kids can turn a perfectly harmless situation into a major catastrophe without even realizing it. And she didn't even stop there... So now we know how she could cope with the situation so well - it was all just false hope. I guess she will fall even harder now :-(

They sure did a good job at showing how much this family has failed. Yuuta works so much he can't think clearly and the girls are wearing out more and more, apparently even starting to take stimulants to stay awake. It really begs for radical change, one way or the other.

I have to say that I'm a bit pissed at Yuuta's relatives, though. Instead of just rubbing it in what a failure he is on his own they might possibly just... you know... help him a little? He and the girls at least have a wonderful chemistry, that's also worth something. If they would give them a little allowance, they wouldn't need to be super-workaholics to stay alive. On the other hand, Yuuta basically abducted them as far as I remember, so I understand that they're not exactly thrilled about helping him. But I do think that this would be the best for the girls. Yuuta just learned a major lesson on responsibility and I think he might now do pretty fine with a little help. Older parents aren't perfect either.

Well, we'll see. Maybe I'll think differently about this in the next few days, but those are my spontaneous thoughts on this ^^ I can't wait to see how they'll put it together after it's definitely blown to pieces now.
Mar 26, 2012 3:56 AM

Aug 2010
The first scene saved the episode.

No way he is actually giving up on them. No tension. 3/5.
Mar 27, 2012 1:15 AM

Jan 2011
Mogami-kun said:
The first scene saved the episode.

No way he is actually giving up on them. No tension. 3/5.

lol, and wow, what an idealist. you clearly don't know much about raising children, not to mention there's three of them. the tension exist if you can realize that it IS a very difficult decision. he can either ruin his life, and possibly the girls as well, or let people more capable take care of them. i have an entire essay written up there.

no way? fact of the matter is that his life is turning for the worst and so are the girls. if u can't even understand the conflict than don't waste your time watching this, you clearly don't get it.
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Mar 28, 2012 4:47 AM

Oct 2009
That ending just killed the mood.

Oh my Miu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2012 9:49 PM
Mar 2011
do you think their will be 2nd season?
Apr 1, 2012 5:52 PM

May 2011
Sora must really be exhausted, the hell's with those daydreams? xD

But yeah, just watch: He'll give the girls up, everyone'll cry, then the parents will just miraculously appear again, and everything'll be perfect and cheery and it'll be all "Onii-chan! Onii-chan!" and crying and smiles and then everyone will sing together "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," and cue the credits.
Apr 5, 2012 1:48 PM

Dec 2011
Miu is using heavy drugs :O
Apr 7, 2012 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
Boy, Sora's been going overboard with her dreams, daydreams and delusions lately. The stress of their extremely hectic lifestyle is already getting to them. I liked it when Raika said she wanted to fill in the "mother" role in response to Yuuta's holding on to the "father" role. It's about time one of the adults stepped in with an offer to take in all three of them. Keeping all three sisters together was the original deal breaker, after all. I wonder how the main conflict will get resolved in the finale.
Apr 11, 2012 12:55 AM

Sep 2011
How the fk are they going to end this? lol
Apr 17, 2012 12:58 AM

Feb 2008
All of these problems could have been avoided by transfering the girls to a closer school or moving into the house instead of the apartment and putting college on hold until Sora was old enough to get a job and Miu was old enough to take care of Hina. But that would require a lot less melodrama than the "solutions" used so far.

Assuming that neither of those solutions would work for some unknown reason(s), he should take that guy up on his offer and let the girls go, its what's best for everyone. Of course there's absolutely no chance whatsoever that that will happen. Its much more likely that we'll get another touchy feely half-assed solution that basically amounts to "It'll all work out somehow."

I don't know why so many people compared this to Usagi Drop, its like comparing a cesspool to a reservoir, just because they're both man made structures containing water :/
Oct 16, 2012 4:11 PM
Sep 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
DAT TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR!

He should just give the kids up; playing grown-up is something a college student should not do. The anime will end on a happy note though... it just won't be reasonable a la real life. Every character that's appeared will come to defend them or something.

"If I here that twinkle twinkle........... star I@m going to go mad"

But I still love this anime for it's life story 9/10
Nov 8, 2012 2:15 PM

May 2012
Damn nice episode, it was really interesting and damn it's so sad hina doesn't understand yet her parents are dead :'( but damn I can't believe that the next one is already the last episode :o
Mar 2, 2013 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Serious and sad.
This is tagged as comedy, romance, slice of life.
Take out the romance and add drama.
Jun 22, 2013 5:31 AM

Apr 2013
The ending was very sad. Hina doesn't know that her parents are dead.
Only one episode left :(
Jun 29, 2013 6:27 PM

Feb 2009
Three of them are a little to much for just one person to handle while still going to school.
Jul 26, 2013 8:34 AM

Nov 2012
shit is getting real now.. so many problem show up.. even hina is sick now..
and I wonder what yuta and the aunt talking about.. :/ looks like it is a serious problem.. :3

next episode is gonna be the final :'( it end so fast :(
Oct 15, 2013 9:37 PM

Dec 2007
I thought the news said that the passengers were missing. I thought that they just assumed that they were dead. This is what happens when you marathon a series in a few days. You miss a few things. I thought the dream sequences were okay. Overall, the episode was fine. The letter will cause some drama in the next episode, and hopefully everything will be concluded.
Feb 7, 2014 8:34 AM
Mar 2013
Sora falling asleep in class. I've had that happen before, and it wasn't fun xD

On another note, I'm really enjoying Sora's little dreams/fantasies play out. The scene with field of flowers kind of reminded me of Alice from Wonderland.

I wonder if this Sora > Yuuta > Raika > Sora love square/triangle will resolve itself by the end of the series. Probably not though.
Jul 2, 2014 11:20 PM

Aug 2013
Cratex said:
Medicine? What 'medicine' is Sora giving Miu???

The author could have taken them down a really messed up path. Thank goodness this is a light-hearted show.

How are they going to explain death to a three year old girl? :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 25, 2014 1:09 PM

Oct 2013
man that ending them feels
wonder how this is going to turn out are they going to llive with there other uncle ??
MAN Y DON'T they jsut tell hina i know it sucks but fuckkk
so many feels D:
LOl@ Sora with boobies XD
Sora has a crazy imagination thats for sure ^-^
[/quote]
Jan 18, 2015 6:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Even though I don't like the Aunt or the Takanashi family she had a point. One, Yuuta's been too focused on the feeling of being a father that he completely didn't notice any fever signs of Hina, or Miu's problems. Then there's Sora quitting the club. Lastly, not having his phone charged is a huge mistake Yuuta made. There's no ifs or butts, being a parent means having the phone charged everyday. What would have happened if Hina went to the hospital and Yuuta's phone was out of battery. Yep, most likely the girls would be taken on the spot. The only reason the aunt even gave Yuuta more time was because she wanted him to think it over.

The ending was heart breaking. Explaining to a 3 year old that her parents aren't coming back is a tough task and depressing.

Sep 18, 2015 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
Dreamland is always best.

Ah being a single father of 3 with almost no money is so difficult.
Nov 21, 2015 5:53 AM

Jul 2015
How the hell does the aunty even know more about how the kids are doing more so than Yuuta- it doesn't even make sense lol. Such a silly and illogical plot sequence. Makes me hate her lol. I'm just happy things aren't going as bad as they COULD have. It'll turn into the kids getting mad at Yuuta for deciding to send them to the uncle without considering their feelings, I think.
Dec 20, 2015 12:43 AM

Aug 2009
the relatives doesn't seem like bad people after all... but this is going to be tough decision

Y U DO DIS, I NO WANT TO SEE DAT END

torn my heart into a million pieces with hina's comment ;_;

my music black list: twinkle star
Jun 5, 2016 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
It was depressing as hell. I hope that they won't move to their uncle.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 10, 2016 11:02 AM

May 2015
I understand that Yuta offered to take in the girls because the elders were to take then apart and that would have been more hard for the girls and even though they protested, they let him have it his way... the thing that I don’t understand is if they knew of his situation why in The Blue Hell they didn’t send him some kind of allowances, not big bucks but some kind of an amount to help him get through with his life (food, travel & school expenses and health care for the girls) and now they are trying to take the girls away... they are family they supposed to take care of each other in rough times…
Apr 3, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
He has to do something fast, the girls aren't doing well at school and they aren't too healthy either.
May 29, 2017 6:41 AM
Aug 2014
jacobpaige said:
All of these problems could have been avoided by transfering the girls to a closer school or moving into the house instead of the apartment and putting college on hold until Sora was old enough to get a job and Miu was old enough to take care of Hina. But that would require a lot less melodrama than the "solutions" used so far.

Assuming that neither of those solutions would work for some unknown reason(s), he should take that guy up on his offer and let the girls go, its what's best for everyone. Of course there's absolutely no chance whatsoever that that will happen. Its much more likely that we'll get another touchy feely half-assed solution that basically amounts to "It'll all work out somehow."

I don't know why so many people compared this to Usagi Drop, its like comparing a cesspool to a reservoir, just because they're both man made structures containing water :/

Well said.

No bath scene at least.
Feb 1, 2019 12:21 AM

Jun 2016
Am I the only one who felt a bit of pacing whiplash here? I assume there was a time skip.
Segawa is a total dad now and he's working really hard, Sora has finally realized what her feelings towards Segawa mean with her dreams of marriage, the four of them are used to this life now with the girls are exhausting themselves to keep Segawa from being worried, and for the first time in forever Hina finally remembers she has a mom and a dad, an issue that has been avoided awkwardly for awhile. Everything was so gradually building up and this episode felt as though it were an awkward skip forward so everything could go wrong and there could be an emotional climax. ~_~

The yuri scene was off putting at first but then I remembered how much of a teaser Miu is and it made sense to me why Sora would dream of her like that.. maybe. Dreams don't have to make sense and it makes enough sense to have Miu play a good spirited joke on her like that. It's quite certainly for the perverts out there I'm sure but it could be worse!

And yes Auntie knew too much about what was going on to make sense. Perhaps it will be explained or it will be a plot hole. Everything bad possible going on at once and an omniscient aunt really soured this episode for me, it felt so artificial. I would have loved to see more build up to all of these events. Perhaps it didn't really need it, Segawa was never a questioning father and it did show Sora stop going to her club but it could have been far more stretched out and shown that separation of him and the girls grow deeper.

Either way it seemed like everything was going well until this episode and Segawa as the super dad he now is decided it perhaps is best for the girls to move in together with someone else. The reason he did initially take them in was to keep them together after all and he's able to see the broader picture now.

The one part that really got to me was actually Segawa beating himself over not having his phone on when Hina was in trouble. He did this to give back to the world what his sister did for him and he's doing the exact opposite from what she did for him now, he's putting the children in danger. The scene leading to it may have felt contrived for the reasons above but at least it's a good motivation for him doubting himself on top of his development.

Some other things:
I feel like living in the house could cost more than the apartment. It's also probably not in his name and I don't know, as someone not familiar with the process of buying and owning houses this was something I didn't mind.

As for the other family wanting to take the girls just shunning Segawa and not sending him money, unless this is explored its just another questionable detail like the omniscient aunt.
Mar 9, 2020 2:06 PM

May 2018
Yuuta should just go and marry Sora-chan now :D
Jan 21, 2021 4:37 PM

Aug 2014
MC should take the offer of the uncle and let the three nieces live together in a more comfortable and bigger place where all 3 can be together.

Good for the uncle to now decide to take all 3 in, even if its a very difficult decision to make, specially financially and with a toddler.

and yuck, please, no more twinkle twinkle
May 13, 2023 2:20 PM

Aug 2019
i doubt yuuta will be able to let go of the kids
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Mar 6, 2012

112 by sinsforeal »»
Jan 21, 4:39 PM

» The OST in this series sounds like Fire Emblem

jendorei - Jun 27, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
Jun 27, 2023 11:44 AM

» [Major Spoilers] What ever happened to Oda Raika?

--Dawn-- - Apr 2, 2016

5 by Shreyash101 »»
Jun 24, 2023 2:56 PM

» I came here after watching the ova

Ghefira - May 24, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
May 25, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2012

221 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 13, 2023 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.