Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 24, 2011 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
I know Code:Breaker isn't the best material out there, but gosh, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited!! Albeit rather average plot material, I really like it a whole lot??? So this is excellent news for me!
Sep 24, 2011 10:25 PM

Nov 2007
Unrelated Chris Jericho reference.
Sep 25, 2011 3:00 AM

Jun 2009
Wanted to read this manga for a long time now so I guess it's one more reason not to wait longer :)
Sep 25, 2011 6:37 AM

Feb 2009
Was hoping for a "Main female looks like Sawako" mention in this thread. I am dissapoint MAL :/

Not really sure about this. The manga was really good at the beginning but then it just ended up to be standard shounen with all the random powerups and friendship stuff right along the middle and is still going at it. Also, plot armor.
I'm still gonna end up watching it though to see how they handle it.
As for long running, I don't think so. There are some point in the story where they can stop it. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Sep 25, 2011 10:12 AM

Jan 2009
I can't believe how many people are looking forward to this... but omg no this is an anime we DO NOT need. The manga is crappy enough as it is
Sep 26, 2011 3:48 AM

Jan 2010
hell yeah!!!
one of my top 5! I was waiting for this for so long!!
Sep 26, 2011 4:44 AM

Jul 2008
StormViruz said:
notsureifsrs said:
Not sure if want.

This.

And i've been reading since it's earlier days.
Sep 26, 2011 8:21 AM

Sep 2011
I just read a bit of the manga. Looks interesting, I'll check it out.
Sep 26, 2011 4:45 PM

Aug 2008
OMG OMG!! I have been waiting so long for it to be animated!!! Hopefully they will stick close to the story~ Can't wait!!
Sep 26, 2011 4:46 PM

Sep 2011
Not sure If I would watch it
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 27, 2011 8:25 AM

Jun 2007
I'm in the same boat as the others who were following Del Rey's manga releases, prior to them dying after releasing volume two: I kind of want to see more but didn't get enough time to fully invest into its world and characters. Plus, it seemed like it was on a downward spiral, following a bright opening.

The first volume was excellent, with top-tier artwork and a dark edge often lavking in shounen works. But then the heroine thrust the hero's head into her ample bosom in an attempt to heal his tortured soul and it became clear: it's another shounen where the females are useless. She started out interesting enough but once she started using her boobs and could do little else apart from use her boobs...
Sep 27, 2011 12:33 PM

Jun 2007
In order to prove to the male lead that killing is wrong, Ms. Heroine shoved his face into her chest; telling him to listen to her heart. Naturally, her heart wasn't the first thing that sprung to mind.
Sep 27, 2011 5:42 PM

Aug 2008
I can't wait for it >_<
Sep 28, 2011 5:34 AM
Aug 2011
Finally.I was waiting it to be adapted for quite a time.I'll absolutely watch it.
Sep 28, 2011 8:36 AM

Aug 2009
From the synopsis looks un-interesting. As usual, I will still give the first few eps a shot when the series eventually get aired.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Sep 30, 2011 6:23 AM

Jun 2007
AironicallyHuman said:
In order to prove to the male lead that killing is wrong, Ms. Heroine shoved his face into her chest; telling him to listen to her heart. Naturally, her heart wasn't the first thing that sprung to mind.

Sep 30, 2011 8:01 AM

Aug 2010
Darker Than Black of a parallel universe? DO WANT!
Sep 30, 2011 5:15 PM

Jul 2010
GigaSPX said:

wat? no.If you expect something like this, you will be disappointed.
Sep 30, 2011 6:21 PM

Aug 2010
iLostReason said:
GigaSPX said:

wat? no.If you expect something like this, you will be disappointed.

The similarities between the two is that the main characters are both cold and ruthless in what they do. I'm gonna actually pick up reading this, but it's kind of interesting to see what this plot has. I do acknowledge that nothing can best Darker Than Black in any way.
Oct 14, 2011 3:36 PM

Jul 2011
(I'm a little late... I know.)

Really though? I remember reading this manga a long time ago. Shall definitely check in to this.
Oct 26, 2011 4:54 AM

Oct 2009
OMG! Great news! Along with Kuroko no Basuke! :D
Nov 15, 2011 12:07 AM

Sep 2011
Hmmm this interesting I'm defiantly gonna watch cant wait
Nov 23, 2011 12:45 PM

Jul 2010
a really awesome manga, i cant wait to see it animated.

Dec 14, 2011 7:19 AM

Dec 2010
YES YES YES :D I love this manga so much! hope they choose good seiyuus that fits the characters :3 <3 and I really hope they will stick to the manga!
Dec 15, 2011 9:06 AM

Feb 2011
The manga got really boring at around the 120s it was a 6 before it got there anyways but who knows the anime might make me like it alot more
Dec 15, 2011 7:25 PM

Apr 2010
oh wow this would be neat, i love the manga and it has a great story-line plus funny characters yet serious scenerios
Jan 12, 2012 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder how much of the manga the anime will cover? And I wonder if the anime will have to have it's own ending, since the manga is still ongoing?
Jan 21, 2012 9:51 AM

Dec 2010
Nooooo! Okamoto Nobuhiko is going to voice Oogami :( he's a good voice actor, but I don't think his voice will fit Oogami... it fits better for characters like Rin from Ao no Exorcist, that has a more ''childish'' feel to them.. Oogami is supposed to be mysterious and a cold blooded killer, so I don't think Nobuhiko will fit.
Jan 21, 2012 8:50 PM

Jun 2007
fluttershy said:
I only own the first two volumes... So I don't know if it's any good really.
It was kinda fanservice-y It didn't go well with the plot imo Because all Sakura seemed good for was getting her boobs groped.

She's a female character in a shounen publication. Common sense that she'd either be there for emotional support/boobs/crying.
Jan 28, 2012 8:43 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa. It's been years. I dunno but i think it's better if they leave it as it is now.
Jan 29, 2012 11:10 AM

Mar 2010
Ah I read a little bit of it and it was really interesting wonder how the anime will turn out..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 11, 2012 5:09 AM
Jul 2010
Ah the Anime adaption.

Prediction;

1st season (24-25 episodes) will deal with the normal Code:Breaker cases+ the Re-Code fight.

2nd season should deal with Eden.

3rd season would finish the show

Britannian said:
Would prefer a (decent) SDK remake, but I suppose this will do.
No remake in the world could fix the suckiness that was SDK with their TERRIBLE female lead Yuya.

Fridoo said:
The manga wasn't that bad but not sure about this one.
Watch first then decide to continue or drop.
How can you base an anime's worth on a single episode? I've seen tons of anime that have had a slow start but become epic a few episodes later.

Lumathy said:
The manga was easily one of the most boring shonen I've ever read, the first few chapters had potential but it went downhill fast.
True, then around chapter 96 or so it picked up again and became awesome when they started the "Revenger" arc.

AironicallyHuman said:
The first volume was excellent, with top-tier artwork and a dark edge often lavking in shounen works. But then the heroine thrust the hero's head into her ample bosom in an attempt to heal his tortured soul and it became clear: it's another shounen where the females are useless.
Yes, Sakura is pretty useless but there are other females in the manga that aren't. Kamiyo has never been able to make a decent main female lead simply because her females are meant to make the main male lead look more awesome. Other manga also suffer from this but Kamiyo especially is unable to fix this problem it seems. But again, the female antagonists ARE awesome in this manga.

Lulexiaa said:
*just looked at the manga page and saw it was on ch 139*

My god... the last thing we need is another never ending anime!! -____-
139 chapters is like little more than half the length SDK is. I'd say with the amount of material in Code:Breaker we will be lucky if it lasts 3 seasons. Why wouldn't you want a never ending anime though?
Feb 20, 2012 4:33 PM

May 2010
Actually, the manga is past 139 chapters. It was at 164+ in Japan last time I checked and that was a while ago.
We only have 139 in english.

And what's wrong with a long running anime? Hmm? Lots of anime fans enjoy them. like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Gintama, Etc etc. They are vary fun. :D
I'm excited to see if C:B will be along running or a Seasoned anime. Whatever happens, I for one am Happy one of my favorite mangas is getting a ANIME!!!! >.<
Can't. wait. =P
(Hope they pick good voice actors.)
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 22, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2009
The manga was pretty bland. There was action but it never felt too intense, it was funny at times but it was far from a comedy manga. It really felt like something along the lines of black cat, killer on the edge meets girl who somewhat changes his ways. I wasn't particuliarly enthralled by black cat either. These type of series start off with potential but never fully live up to it. Shame as I was a fan of the mangaka's work on Samurai Deeper Kyo (manga not anime obviously). Unless if it's a slow season, I doubt this show will get more than 1 season.
Feb 24, 2012 9:37 PM

Mar 2009
I hope this won't become another of those generic 'boobed' animes with more fanservice than nothing and/or ends aforetime. But I'll wait and watch when it starts, anyway.
Mar 21, 2012 7:29 PM

Jul 2010
Ishida1 said:
I hope this won't become another of those generic 'boobed' animes with more fanservice than nothing and/or ends aforetime. But I'll wait and watch when it starts, anyway.

I've read to the latest chapter and to me there's very few fanservice until the Reverger arc then there's an increase but thats like around chaoter 120 or something.

Yavie said:
Ah the Anime adaption.

Prediction;

1st season (24-25 episodes) will deal with the normal Code:Breaker cases+ the Re-Code fight.

2nd season should deal with Eden.

3rd season would finish the show

I think it might not actually make even a 3rd season? It could be one of those successful animes where there's only a few season and they would just let the fans read the manga like Pandora Hearts since this Manga isn't very well known.

I love this manga :D im so glad when i first read this the news about the anime go announced that's mean i didn't wait that long for an anime adaption xD but I do wonder if they are gona stick to the manga >_> this type of anime could very well be turned into fillers since all they have to do is add missions for the Code:Breakers.

I think everyone will enjoy this. The character are very likeable ^ ^ and the girl eventually gets strong. Can't wait for this to be aired :) hopefully the Animation and voice actors are well picked out.
Mar 21, 2012 7:40 PM

Jul 2010
AironicallyHuman said:

actually the male has NO reaction at to her "boobs of warmth" probably Toki is the only one with any reaction. Plus u don't really notice she has "medium not as big compare to fairy tail" boobs till like the 3rd-ish chapter.

Looking from some of the photos posted on this thread it does give off another fail heroine with big boobs....i dont think thats the case
Mar 21, 2012 8:50 PM

Jul 2010
Yarodomo said:
Nice, cold protagonist = instant watch for me.
hope this anime doesn't get too creepy with the characters and shit.

its a shounen, manga's like this will never be the same in anime form.

but i have a feeling people are gonna stop watching it after a few episodes of annoying sakura (why do they name them that? is that like a signal?)

Mar 22, 2012 3:36 AM
Aug 2011
I hope this becomes another long running series. Weekly shonen magazine needs its own "Big 3" Fairy Tail, Hopefully Code Breaker, And They seriously Need 1 more. If only Air Gears anime didint end so soon. Now Negima also ended, and it's anime was a huge disappointment. Is there other "Battle-Shonen" in weekly shonen magazine?
Mar 30, 2012 5:42 AM
Aug 2011
Kenichi Suzumura (Gintama's Okita
Sougo) as Toki!? OMG! I can totally picture that and it seems excellent. They mentioned "chain-smoker" in the article, hopefully that means Toki smokes in the anime as well.
Mar 31, 2012 7:50 PM

Feb 2008
I'm waiting for this ;)

Mar 31, 2012 10:10 PM

Jul 2007
Ive read a few a volumes a while ago.
Its pretty decent for a shounen.
If the animation quality is good, Ill watch it.
Mar 31, 2012 11:40 PM

Nov 2011
Apr 4, 2012 9:23 AM

Jan 2010
This art is from the official page of the anime

The art is horrible !!! What is it ?
MisaolaApr 4, 2012 9:31 AM
Apr 4, 2012 7:04 PM

Jul 2010
a colouring would be better, wtf? though i doubt this is how we'll actually see the anime.

Apr 7, 2012 12:36 AM

Dec 2011
I dont think they should animate it..... i mean the mangas really cool and all but later on it gets really, really bad..... still i am a bit curious as to how this turns out.
Apr 7, 2012 12:40 AM

Jun 2011
Hope that Sakurakouji is not as annoying as she is in the manga :D
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 12, 2012 7:01 PM

May 2010
The japanese site for the anime. :)

http://www.code-breaker.jp/
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
7 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
9 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Today, 9:12 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by deg »»
Today, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.