Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2011 8:28 AM

Nov 2009
I'm beginning to believe that Madoka will never become a Mahou Shoujo at all, would certainly be a twist considering the name of the show and I would welcome that.

I'm curious as to what wish she would make that would make her become a Mahou Shoujo even after all the warnings from Homura about it.

Seriously though, this has to be the best anime out this season and its so damned surprising considering the name of it =P
Feb 4, 2011 8:45 AM

Jun 2009
Another interesting episode and fight between Sayaka and Kyouko. It was awesome fight, so I'm looking forward to next episode to see Kyouko vs. Homura vs. Sayaka fight. ^^
Feb 4, 2011 8:53 AM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
I mentioned that too but it's just something to throw us off? It does not have any other meaning whatsoever?
No. They also has that same background in Bakemonogatari. I think the first part of Suruga Monkey. It's when Koyomi was asking Tsubasa about Hitagi's past and Tsubasa is surrounded by those kind of cars. So, I think it's a typical SHAFT background.

Love this episode, I can't really follow the fight scene. I was expecting Madoka to stop the fight. The cliff hanger made me 'GAAAAH'.
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:20 AM

Feb 4, 2011 9:21 AM
Nov 2008
Madoka is actually starting to become my least favorite character. She doesn't seem to do much other than fretting over becoming a magical girl. And given that Madoka still hasn't become a magical girl, I'm also really concerned about the pacing. Has the 12 episode length been confirmed yet? Regardless, a single season seems like it would be too short and rushed, but a double season could easily be too long and drawn out. I really hope they manage to get it right, without having to pull another Bakemonogatari or something like that.
Feb 4, 2011 9:35 AM

May 2010
That Hitagi Kyouko is pretty badass.

Looking forward to Homura and Kyouko fight if there is.
Feb 4, 2011 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
I missed this while watching the ep, but it was posted on another forum:

Taihaku said:
So I REALLY do not like this anime too much. I find it boring at some parts and cliche in others.

Hm, I find it interesting that the cliche reason for becoming a MG as voiced by Sayaka - protecting someone etc. - is considerred a fatal flaw both by Homura and Kyouko.
The fact you're still watching proves this series isn't all that predictable :D
And they may go for the 'every 3d ep a person dies' scenario.
I for one am not convinced at all Sayaka is going to survive next ep as well.

Yumekichi11 said:
I am not sure of this but is there any meaning to the perfectly aligned cars? I find it kind of strange to put them there.

Yeah that was strange. It kinda reminded me of the start of a horse-race.
The race is on?

Ginga-Bishoujo said:
She's not the kind of people to 'waste' her wish for someone which can be considered a weakness, kindness being something bad for a mahou shoujo.
Did you watch this ep?
She was about to make an incredibly stupid spur-of-the-moment wish.
I do agree that her unselfishness is probably basis for her huge potential, but it's interesting that Homura sees a wish like that as a sure way to get killed.

Tomah said:
- According to Homura you can't revive the dead, so her and/or Sayaka's death is not likely to trigger Madoka's contract.

It's annoying that Nutbladder's and gg's versions differed in translating that, so I'm still not sure if it's really impossible. I guess we only know for sure if someone asks QB.

Yumekichi11 said:
Also Homura's theory of time travel. I am not sure Kyuubei would allow that.

That's why I want them to come up with some concrete answers about the limitations of wishes.
My questions about Homura: Why is she so focused on Madoka? Why is she so obsessedwith keeping Madoka out of the MS-game? Why did it hit her emotionally when Madoka said she wouldn't forget her?
The only answer I can come up with is her doing a set-back in time, especially as it seems she was manipulating time this ep.

PervySan said:

Im starting to think Homura is actually Madoka going back in time to stop herself from becoming a Mahou Shojo and critically fucking up her/everyone around her's life.

I've been thinking about that as well and I see it as a real possibility. Also because long-haired Madoka from the OP looks like Homura.
And maybe it's not the first time that has occured,kinda like Groundhog Day, which would explain Homura's power and knowledge...
Feb 4, 2011 10:13 AM

Sep 2010
That Kyubei bastard is always looking for opportunity to make contract with Madoka.... I'm pretty sure he was the one who gave away their location to Kyouko....

Btw Kyouko what a badass mahou shoujo.....
Feb 4, 2011 10:18 AM

Aug 2010
My guess is that Madoka will become a Mahou Shoujo to save Homura, but that won't be any episode soon.

Nice episode by the way, I just love this anime ^^

Feb 4, 2011 10:24 AM

Sep 2010
I have so many speculations/predictions about this anime that I couldn't list them all here, I can't wait for the next ep!!
Feb 4, 2011 10:55 AM

Oct 2007
That furry is evil.
Feb 4, 2011 11:54 AM

Jun 2009
I wonder why nobody I have seen so far has commented about one very important thing. Why do Mahou Shoujo have to fight witches?

In the second episode Mami told the girls that grief seeds restore the magic power she used. However this brings up a problem. Once Kyuubei grants your wish why didn't any magical girl just lay back and just live out their life? After all if you don't use any magic there isn't a problem. They are under no obligation to hunt witches. And the big question. What happened when a soul gem dims completely?

I have a theory. Kyuubei grants your wish. And does it well. However in order to keep the wish you need to prevent your soul gem from dimming. Over time a soul gem dims. If it dims completely Kyuubei gets your soul and your wish gets undone.(That would explain the comments of "We are doing this for our wishes") After that maybe the magical girl turns into a witch and completes the cycle.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 4, 2011 12:22 PM
Apr 2009
I don't know if anyone thought of it before but... in one ep they said something about magicial girls being created through good wishes, and witches through bad wishes (curses) or something like that (can't recall completly now).

So perhaps when your soul gem dims completly, not only you turn into a witch, but your wish also turns into a negative version of itself? This would work easily for wishes made for other people, like Sayaka's, but I don't know how it'd work for ones like "I wanna be a millionare", so this idea doesn't seem too likely, but...
Feb 4, 2011 12:27 PM

May 2008
What Im starting to think is that kyubey had some sort of control over Mami and now sayaka. It makes more sense when you think of it that way. Or at least to me it does...

Think about it, if Mami knows all the dangers of being a Mahou shoujo then why is she so insistant that Madoka becomes one. It seems to be exactly what kyubey wants. It just all seems like a setup to try and get Madoka to be a Mahou shoujo. And now Sayaka is just letting her best friend go in the way of danger so Sayaka isnt scared? I mean I wouldnt do that to my friend. Sayaka just seems to be taking it all to well and is almost baiting Madoka to coming with her, just like Mami did.

Kyubey's plan may be to use Sayaka just like he did for Mami and make it to where Madoka feels like she has to make the contract to save her. Cause he obviously only cares about getting Madoka to make the contract, he doesnt care at all about Sayaka's or Mami's lives. So to me I feel like once they make the contract with kyubey they give a piece of themselves to him, and in doing so he can control them.... Scary furry....

But he does have good taste XD

one last thing... what the hell is kyubey? a demon? whats his orgin? and where are the rest of the kyubeys? Are they like him (and EVIL!!!!)

HOLY SHIZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ShizuruAnonFeb 4, 2011 12:40 PM
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Feb 4, 2011 12:43 PM

May 2010
Will Madoka become a magician? go go Madoka
I liked this episode much.

There is this one feeling I have that if Madoka becomes a magi that she will be lot stronger than Homura. It may be because of the dream at the start but still I think it'll be so.

Lame ending for this episode though :(
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Feb 4, 2011 1:37 PM

Nov 2007
AidanAK47 said:

Yes, that's a very likely possibility.
The only thing I wonder is: wouldn't that be the best piece of information Homura could use to turn Madoka away from becoming a MG? If I were Homura, it's one of the 1st things I would tell herto scare her off.

stevethapirate said:
Think about it, if Mami knows all the dangers of being a Mahou shoujo then why is she so insistant that Madoka becomes one.

To be fair to Mami: she didn't just paint a pretty picture, she told them their lives would be in danger when they'll make a contract. She also told them they had to be careful what they wished for. But maybe she was lonely and could use a MS friend?

As for Sayaka: she's very new to the MS thing and probably quite nervous and scared. I guess having Madoka go along gave her some moral support.

I don't think QB has control over Mami & Sayaka, but I agree that having Sayaka under contract is a great way to lure in Madoka at some point. He already came pretty close in ep 5.
Feb 4, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
Am I the only one getting irritated by Madoka's typical mahou shoujo attitude? "I JUST WANT EVERYBODY TO BE NICE AND HUG EACH OTHER COOKIES AND CREAM LA LA LA LA~" It's like she sees everything in a constant pink flowery color.

Personally, I think that's intentional. Like I said before, the whole show is meant to be a deconstruction of the genre- and what's the popular girly color? Pink. What's the typical mahou shoujo personality? Sickeningly sweet/clumsy/naive/rainbow-loving.

For me, it's like they've plucked the main magical girl straight out of another show and put her in a far more depressing one to experiment with how she reacts. That's just my take on it :) They're making everything look like a typical magical girl anime, but the point is that it isn't. I have a feeling we're going to see Madoka unravel emotionally more and more.

Sayonara7 said:
A thought just popped into my head, what if when you die your wish ends or like "expires" because your no longer alive? Wouldn't that mean Kamijous ( I think that was his name) hand would be... ummm broken again?

I just thought it cause when you die your no longer fighting so your part of the contract (fighting witches) is done so the other part of the contract (the wish) might stop too?

I think this is what happens too. Mami's wish was for her to live (more or less) so we weren't able to get confirmation from her death because, well, she died. If a magical girl dies, then their part of the contract is null. That leaves Kyubey with no reason to hold up his end of the bargain, and he doesn't strike me as a selfless type.
staticphraseFeb 4, 2011 2:13 PM
Feb 4, 2011 2:33 PM

May 2008
cleo said:

true true.......
its just that something seems off to me. I feel like Mami or someone besides Homura should have realized that Kyubey isnt a nice little fun furry. You would think someone would figure that out by now. I mean "hurry make a contract with me" hasnt been said like 20000 times by now. And for how long (although unspecified) Mami had worked with Kyubey you would think she would have realized that he had ulterior motives. It just seems to work out too well for Kyubey, even if he is a little evil-genious manipulative furry.
but idk. We all know that Kyubey is doing something that we dont know about, but the hard part is trying to deduce A) what his goals are and B) how he will achieve those goals. Kyubey is the key to everything, what he is doing and trying to do is driving everything and everyone.
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Feb 4, 2011 3:04 PM
Dec 2009
Kyubey is only necessary as a catalyst for people to become puella magi, so I don't think he warrants all these comments with people trying to see him as something special. You are far too suspicious if you're saying he is evil and plays something more in the anime. Notice why he doesn't get any spotlight in the anime? Because he's not the centre of the story or anything important other than what I mentioned. The focus of the story is on madoka and the other puella magi. Kyubey is just someone who allows them to express thoughts. Second its blatantly obvious that Madoka may or may not wish for world peace. She is justice in this story.
Feb 4, 2011 3:11 PM

Nov 2008
"It's because she became a mahou shoujo by wishing for someone's recovery. She has superhuman regenerative powers." - Kyuubei
WTH if that is the case, MAMI IS STILL ALIVE?!?!?!?!? She wished for her survival from her accident......

Kyuubei and his cheap trick... to make Madoka a mahou shoujo by making Kyouko and Sayaka fight with each other and telling her that there is no other way besides making her a mahou shoujo... nice save Homura xDD

PS: I liek dat fang xDD
and kyuubei is watching you (◕‿‿◕ )

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 4, 2011 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
DenjaX said:
"It's because she became a mahou shoujo by wishing for someone's recovery. She has superhuman regenerative powers." - Kyuubei
WTH if that is the case, MAMI IS STILL ALIVE?!?!?!?!? She wished for her survival from her accident......
Well, you know... sure if Sayaka can heal faster than others, and Mami might've survived a near death situation because she wished for it, but dead and near dead is still very different ┐(-。ー')┌
OosranFeb 5, 2011 2:28 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 4, 2011 4:03 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was surprisingly tame compared to the previous two, but I loved that scene wherein Homura pulls the lid off her drink. Simple, but evocative.

Anyway, Kyouko's seemingly offhand statement about the foodchain brought something to my attention. Mami sips a cup of tea after defeating Gertrude. Charlotte devours Mami. The sight of a yellow egg reminds Madoka of Mami's last moments, and she weeps after putting it to her mouth. Homura warns Madoka with a cup of coffee. Kyouko is shown eating in all of her appearances so far (crepes, waffles, taiyaki).

I'm guessing that this somehow represent their appetite for power or their degree of corruption, with Madoka being the most reluctant, Homura and Mami sipping in moderation, and Kyouko being the most voracious girl at the moment.

And remember Mami's suggestion to Madoka? The largest, most extravagant cake to celebrate her becoming a magical girl.
YuunagiFeb 4, 2011 4:23 PM
Feb 4, 2011 4:34 PM

Nov 2007
blue001 said:
Kyubey is only necessary as a catalyst for people to become puella magi, so I don't think he warrants all these comments with people trying to see him as something special. You are far too suspicious if you're saying he is evil and plays something more in the anime.

I'm not too sure about that. I tried to see him as neutral for a while too.
But note how far more informative he is towards Kyouko: spilling info on Sayaka, her wish and where-abouts. Yet he doesn't give Sayaka a single word of warning about Kyouko.
We also don't know how much info he kept from Mami.
Feb 4, 2011 4:42 PM

Dec 2010
She still hasnt turned into a mahou shojou yet><
Feb 4, 2011 4:55 PM
Jul 2009
Homura manipulates not only time, but also space (look at the walls). Provided this isn't lazy animation, but I doubt it, because if it was lazy animation, it makes more sense to leave the same background instead of changing it.

desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:21 AM
Feb 4, 2011 5:01 PM

Jan 2010
Kyubey drives me insane. He's like an annoying timeshare salesman.
Feb 4, 2011 5:05 PM
Jul 2008
Like the previous episodes, this episode started slow but ended on an awesome high that makes me crave the next episode. It seems that Kyubey deliberately contacted Kyouko before turning Sayaka into a mahou shojo as a means of manipulating Madoka into forming a contract. I wonder if the rest of series is going to be Kyubey trying to lure Madoka into forming a contract for some ulterior motive?
Feb 4, 2011 5:43 PM

Dec 2009
Ppl are worried about Madoka dont became a Mahou Shoujo... I think this AEWSOME and ORIGINAL.
Feb 4, 2011 5:46 PM

Jul 2007
@Kuro-Tenshi: Methinks that has more to do with SHAFT's idiosyncrasies rather than lazy animation. They like playing around with the visuals.
Feb 4, 2011 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
cleo said:
AidanAK47 said:

Yes, that's a very likely possibility.
The only thing I wonder is: wouldn't that be the best piece of information Homura could use to turn Madoka away from becoming a MG? If I were Homura, it's one of the 1st things I would tell herto scare her off.

Your enemy is someone who is constantly around Madoka and has mind reading capabilities. Also I am fairly certain that Kyuubei has a certain level of control over the witches. Remember episode three. Sayaka finds a grief seed in the hospital. While Madoka ran off to get help Kyuubei decided to stay with Sayaka. The second Madoka leaves they are dragged into the witches dimension. A place with a high probability of Sayaka making a contract to defend herself. Awfully convenient don't you think?
The second Homura tries to tell Madoka is the moment a horde of witches attack her. Or at least that's the theory. However this does have a hole. If Kyuubei had this ability then why did he allow himself to get attacked in the first episode?(Unless of course he was planning to use that to his advantage. He was healed pretty fast afterwards...)

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 4, 2011 6:11 PM
Jul 2009
Yuunagi said:
@Kuro-Tenshi: Methinks that has more to do with SHAFT's idiosyncrasies rather than lazy animation. They like playing around with the visuals.

I doubt it. Urobuchi would kill a kitten if Shinbo screws with the meaning of that scene just to be pretentious. For this project, Shaft seems to be restring themselves to play with the witches mazes; the real world seems to be deal with in a normal fashion. In fact, I doubt Shaft could pull off a good depiction of Urobuchi's script if they played too much with the visuals, since a lot of the foreshadowing is delivered through said visuals!!
1idd0kunFeb 4, 2011 6:15 PM
Feb 4, 2011 6:27 PM

Jul 2008
I made a photo for my 365 project today that was inspired by the beginning of this ep. Thought I'd share.
Feb 4, 2011 7:09 PM

Oct 2006
This series is starting to bore me..
Feb 4, 2011 7:34 PM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
DenjaX said:
Well, you know... sure if Sayaka can heal faster than others, but dead is still dead after all ┐(-。ー')┌
There is no way you can heal yourself when acids of that monsters eat through you. Rarely have I seen recovery work inside of beast stomachs, enough to save you.
1idd0kun said:
Yuunagi said:
I doubt it. Urobuchi would kill a kitten if Shinbo screws with the meaning of that scene just to be pretentious. For this project, Shaft seems to be restring themselves to play with the witches mazes; the real world seems to be deal with in a normal fashion. In fact, I doubt Shaft could pull off a good depiction of Urobuchi's script if they played too much with the visuals, since a lot of the foreshadowing is delivered through said visuals!!
That's true there was lot of foreshadow with just the black/white colors here and there.
1idd0kun said:
Homura manipulates not only time, but also space (look at the walls). Provided this isn't lazy animation, but I doubt it, because if it was lazy animation, it makes more sense to leave the same background instead of changing it.
Holy shit you might be right. A spatial reset to how things were without affecting the people. Looks to me like Kyuubei could have changed shit around in that dream. If Homura can do this, I don't see why she would not able to kill that monster at the end less it uses the same powers as her and they are far more powerful, thus canceling hers that she has. It would be the only explanation for that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 4, 2011 8:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Darn it. No one died in this one....

I really hope the reality is pretty much the cruel fate of the Puella Magi. I am waiting for them to uncover the terrible truth behind everything.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 4, 2011 8:46 PM
Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
If Homura can do this, I don't see why she would not able to kill that monster at the end less it uses the same powers as her and they are far more powerful, thus canceling hers that she has. It would be the only explanation for that.

Then again, maybe Homura's hax abilities have some unknown limitations. And that monster from episode 1 did seem to be way too powerful.
1idd0kunFeb 4, 2011 8:52 PM
Feb 4, 2011 9:20 PM

Jul 2008
Well in episode 1 Homura was shown able to produce heavy wind with her weapon.
I beleive her ability is related to wind and that she is only dodging things with pure speed.
Feb 4, 2011 9:31 PM
Jun 2008
nice action ^^
She get super heal when she wish something related to heal.I wonder what Mami's wish?
Feb 4, 2011 10:13 PM
Jul 2009
Ginga-Bishoujo said:
I beleive her ability is related to wind and that she is only dodging things with pure speed.

But the pic I posted can not be explained by speed. Only space-time manipulation can explain that really.
Feb 4, 2011 10:56 PM

Apr 2009
GG Sayaka is very underpowered. :S
Feb 4, 2011 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
T'was another solid episode of Madoka, though I was already sold when I saw the new Mahou Shoujo eating taiyaki :)
Feb 4, 2011 11:56 PM

Aug 2010
Another excellent episode.

Seems that Sayaka has more toughness than she let on by standing up that that more seasoned Mahou Shoujo. I think the brilliance that the show did by killing Mami off is now every fight can go either way. There is alot to say to that, not many animes (or stories in general) will risk killing off a main character, but when it pays of it really pays off. Makes the plot so much more believable in many ways. Reminds me quite a bit of the epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire and Ned Stark.

There was a ton of dialog in this episode (actually, last episode was like this as well) as if the show were setting up towards something. It could just be that this show enjoys a slow pace which seems to work for it. I wish they would do something to break up the monotony a bit because 14+ minutes of straight dialog is a bit much, even if the dialog is good and advances the plot. Maybe they are changing as soon as next episode since this one ended in a cliffhanger.
shizu_bara said:
I made a photo for my 365 project today that was inspired by the beginning of this ep. Thought I'd share.
That's pretty awesome :D. I know nothing about arts so at the risk of sounding uneducated, that is a photograph and not some fancy CGI right?

1idd0kun said:
I like this theory, although I don't necessarily see the same thing with the backgrounds. I think it is just lazy animation honestly because the poster is missing and the types of pipes are different. Her power does seem to have something to do with time and space though with how she mysteriously evades attacks in episode 3 and in this episode she moved so fast that the other girl didn't even see her coming, possibly because she stopped time and/or used teleportation.

edit: merged posts
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:22 AM
Feb 5, 2011 12:10 AM

Aug 2010
shizu_bara said:

That's pretty awesome :D. I know nothing about arts so at the risk of sounding uneducated, that is a photograph and not some fancy CGI right?

1idd0kun said:

I like this theory, although I don't necessarily see the same thing with the backgrounds. I think it is just lazy animation honestly because the poster is missing and the types of pipes are different. Her power does seem to have something to do with time and space though with how she mysteriously evades attacks in episode 3 and in this episode she moved so fast that the other girl didn't even see her coming, possibly because she stopped time and/or used teleportation.
Feb 5, 2011 1:02 AM
Jul 2009
EMChamp said:
I like this theory, although I don't necessarily see the same thing with the backgrounds. I think it is just lazy animation honestly because the poster is missing and the types of pipes are different.

But that's the point. The background changed too much, that's not laziness. Leaving the same background would be lazy. The difference in the background indicates she manipulated the space to change Sayaka's location. That way we can tell it wasn't just teleportation, nor did she just stopped time and then moved Sayaka by hand (which would be rather silly, considering she would have to go back to the center to struck the pose lol).

Basically she remade the space. At least, that's what this picture indicates.
1idd0kunFeb 5, 2011 1:05 AM
Feb 5, 2011 2:12 AM

Nov 2010
Spacial reconstruction theory? that is effing cool o.O, Also Sayaka is kinda underpowered, but her healing is pretty awesome, she's currently me favourite character :P but damn is Homura ever badass, people do NOT mess with her xD. Cept Mami, was she stronger than Homura? or did Homura just not really fight back against her?
Feb 5, 2011 4:52 AM

Sep 2010
The best sword fight scene that I have watched since Stranja Mukou Hadan (sword of the Strager). I'm eager to watch the next episode now :)
Feb 5, 2011 5:11 AM

Nov 2007
1idd0kun said:

But that's the point. The background changed too much, that's not laziness. Leaving the same background would be lazy. The difference in the background indicates she manipulated the space to change Sayaka's location. That way we can tell it wasn't just teleportation, nor did she just stopped time and then moved Sayaka by hand (which would be rather silly, considering she would have to go back to the center to struck the pose lol).

Basically she remade the space. At least, that's what this picture indicates.

I think you're absolutely right.
Why would Shaft change the background if nothing had altered?
So I think Homura was in a witch-dimension when she made her wish, doing a set-back in time and place.
I have to think things over, but it may favor the Homura = future Madoka theory.
(although that seems too obvious).
cleoFeb 5, 2011 5:16 AM
Feb 5, 2011 5:22 AM

Jun 2008
Kyubey-I can't help Madoka, they are gonna horribly, horribly die fighting each other, with there blood splatter all over and each other blades stabbed inside them. Oh! THE PAIN!!! Look your friend gets more wounds on her body every minute. She ain't gonna live through this. Her throat is gonna be spit in half while she will desperately cry for help. But i can't help her and you are too weak.
She's probably gonna curse you threw her grave for letting her die like that. And i can't even imagine the pain and suffering of her family when they see her curved soulless body. You won't even be able to sleep at night.

If you became a magical girl though..., then you could save her.

So will you become one?

Will you?

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!

Homura- It's ok am here.

(Kyubey inner thoughts) - Bitch, ruin my job again!!!!! Am gonna eat her liver!!!
Feb 5, 2011 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
Love the fact people really think Madoka is going to be a Mahou Shoujo. Remember who is writing. For all he cares she nevers changes to one and trolls all watchers :D.

Though I expect her to change when Sayaka dies. And she wishes all Mahou Shoujo's back who died~!

If you wish also gives you some sort of powers, like Sayaka regenerating, would that mean Madoka could come back from the death :D?
Feb 5, 2011 6:14 AM

Jul 2008
1idd0kun said:
But the pic I posted can not be explained by speed. Only space-time manipulation can explain that really.
You are thinking too much.
Time and space manipulation give you the same power as a god and it would overly overpower her character so it can't happen on this basis.
If she had power over time and space then she wouldn't have any problem keeping an eye on everything she want, she wouldn't had any problem against Mami and she wouldn't had any problem at least dodging the attack from the monster in ep 1.
It give way more sense if she control wind and dodge thing with speed, that would say that the monster in ep1 was just faster than her.
Also I will say that every power a mahou shoujo possess is linked to one thing, basically Sayaka or Mami wouldn't have been able to use wind or anything else because their attribute was already set (Gun and sword)
The same goes with the new girl that use her linked staff.
Homura was seen using wind so her power are based on that.

It's not because it fit with one or two piece of the puzzle that the piece go there in the puzzle.
Wind control + SHAFT explain everything and makes MUCH more sense, and Shaft never were lazy on the animation, it's only their style.
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:23 AM
Feb 5, 2011 6:15 AM

Mar 2008
Kyubey... you sick son of a fluff D:
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.