Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BAMBOO BLADE
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2008 2:34 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Tama lost, sad day.

Mar 8, 2008 2:38 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, but it was clear at this point

Nice episode, but I missed more focus on the fights...

It seems they put everything in this one episode, they needn't to rush it like that..
TrineasMar 8, 2008 2:43 PM

Mar 8, 2008 3:01 PM
Dec 2007
Awesome episode, I believe it was the best so far. All the developments are coming together now and it's just perfectly set up for the end of the series. Can't wait for next ep !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 8, 2008 3:39 PM

Jan 2007
I expected Tama to lose due to all the foreshadowing but man I did not think it would happen that badly D:
Mar 8, 2008 3:59 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was quick. Still a great episode, since it had some scenes with REIMI!! :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 8, 2008 4:52 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode. It's too bad that Miya-Miya gave up too soon. I bet she could have been much better but her confidence just wasn't enough. Poor Tama. Her first loss. :O I wonder what will happen now? I guess individual matches from now on?
Mar 8, 2008 4:57 PM

Nov 2007
Random thought: I think it'd be funny if Dan wins the guy's singles tournament and becomes the one to save Ishida's job.

I want to know where they're going with the two deliquents. A guy's team? They'd be one short though.
Mar 8, 2008 5:00 PM

Jan 2008
Glad I took the time to convert the mkv to high res. The fight scenes made the wait worth it.
Mar 8, 2008 5:03 PM

Jan 2008
No tama! but DAN-KUN was so pro today.
Mar 8, 2008 5:21 PM

May 2007
That was a lot for one episode, right? Poor, Tama. But now she can come back stronger than ever! ;D Can't wait until the next episode!
Mar 8, 2008 5:28 PM

Oct 2007
It was about time the overpower Tama lost...
Mar 8, 2008 6:05 PM

Jan 2008
That was quite the intense ending. The foreshadowing was kind of blatant, but it was still kind of a shock. What was with the other two kids? Who cares about them? I wonder what is going to happen next, no more major tournaments to set up, at least not in this amount of time. Maybe there will be a focus on the singles tournament, but that would kind of defeat the whole team build up.
Mar 8, 2008 7:49 PM

May 2007

The first taste of defeat. It was bad enough Tama still can't get over the ascension stance and in addition, Rin was the one using it. Kenzaburou was always expecting this to happen. It's better for someone like Tama to lose to someone her age so she won't break down. So what now, I guess both teams are still advancing?
Mar 8, 2008 11:40 PM

Jun 2007
ChiBuki said:
It's better for someone like Tama to lose to someone her age so she won't break down. So what now, I guess both teams are still advancing?

Wont brake down? I would think it be better if she lost to someone older then her. At least if they where older she could have the feeling of "oh that person was more powerful then me because they have more experience". She's probably gonna suffer more now because of the fact that they're the same age. This is kind of like what happened in Prince of Tennis. Ryoma ended up sucking for a day or two because of his first real loss to someone his own age.

This episode it felt like Tama was robbed. She was too focused on her memory's about her mom and that's what's so stupid about how she lost. I'm truly pissed at how it happened. It would have felt better if it was a real win were they where both trying and had no distractions. This was just way to fast and way to one sided. I can only hope Tama overcomes her weakness and slaughters this bitch in the finals (if their even in it now).

/end tama-chan rant
Mar 9, 2008 1:32 AM
Jun 2007
DeathfireD said:

This episode it felt like Tama was robbed. She was too focused on her memory's about her mom and that's what's so stupid about how she lost. I'm truly pissed at how it happened. It would have felt better if it was a real win were they where both trying and had no distractions. This was just way to fast and way to one sided. I can only hope Tama overcomes her weakness and slaughters this bitch in the finals.

Martial Arts aren't just about having a good body, you need a well trained mind and philosophy as well.

They've foreshadowed she would lose due to her mental state for episodes now.

This was a great episode.

Mar 9, 2008 10:36 AM
Dec 2007
Rin blatantly said Tama's weakness was not her skill, but her focus. The other Sensei wanted her to lose to someone her age so she could not make any excuses and realize that she's not unbeatable. Expected, but still sad.

That said, I did got the vibes Yuuji wanted to restore the men's branch of the Kendo club, though I don't know what showing those two guys being thugs have to do in the overall scheme of things. And yes, I'm guessing Dan-kun and Yuuji-kun are the last hope for Muroe High now, which will put a sense of irony in the whole thing.

Mar 9, 2008 3:26 PM

Jun 2007
AnimusNathan said:
DeathfireD said:

This episode it felt like Tama was robbed. She was too focused on her memory's about her mom and that's what's so stupid about how she lost. I'm truly pissed at how it happened. It would have felt better if it was a real win were they where both trying and had no distractions. This was just way to fast and way to one sided. I can only hope Tama overcomes her weakness and slaughters this bitch in the finals.

Martial Arts aren't just about having a good body, you need a well trained mind and philosophy as well.

I couldn't care less if it's foreshadowing her mental state. The way she lost was robbery no matter how you look at it :P.

Her overall focus isn't the problem, it's only when she sees that move that her mom used to use that she looses focus. Playing someone your own age and losing is much harsher then playing someone older. Tama is gonna have a hard time keeping focus <i>now</i> because of it.
Mar 9, 2008 6:10 PM
Dec 2007
DeathfireD said:
AnimusNathan said:
DeathfireD said:

I couldn't care less if it's foreshadowing her mental state. The way she lost was robbery no matter how you look at it :P.

Her overall focus isn't the problem, it's only when she sees that move that her mom used to use that she looses focus. Playing someone your own age and losing is much harsher then playing someone older. Tama is gonna have a hard time keeping focus <i>now</i> because of it.
Hence she will have to overcome it. She can't make an excuse anymore, that's HER weakness, and unless she can overcome it she will get beaten over and over with it. Obviously, she will get over it next time, since we are about done.

Mar 9, 2008 10:46 PM

Feb 2008
Sokku desu ... Kawaii Tama lost

But the match itself really great, from ascension stance to one handed style and got "men" really great Rin-san. And the last "men" also impressive since it's the greatest move of Tama.

Braver never lost cause they represent justice... Really good quote from there too

Hope Tama will grow from this lose and become stronger
Mar 10, 2008 1:25 PM

Sep 2007
I'm not sure if I hate Rin or not. Tama losing was disheartening but she'll probably be back to kicking asses in no time.
Mar 10, 2008 1:49 PM
Jun 2007
I was expecting the match between Tama and Rin to be like a boxing match were the two fighters would exchange blow for blow. But this one wasn't too shabby. Its like a wake-up call for Tama that there's still practitioners out there that are in a different league.
Mar 10, 2008 6:04 PM

Apr 2007
We've all seen it coming, Tama losing that is. Too bad her feeling of "I never wanted to know what it feels like to lose" came true... Poor Tama-chan D:
Rin is NOT hateable/despiseable, she's just clearly stronger than Tama at that moment. Rin isn't like some bitch that played dirty trick to Tama last tournament.
Ganbatte, Tama~ but it does seem this ep was kinda rushed....

Oh btw, I sooo would like to own a set of those little plushie mascots :3
Mar 10, 2008 6:42 PM

Dec 2007
I think because of the two delinquents the Coach will be seen as having no control over the members of his club, and this will lead to a move to dissolve the club and hasten his firing.

Especially now that the girls are out of the tournament.
Mar 10, 2008 10:52 PM

Nov 2007
time to know what losing is for Tama, time become more mature, if she can handle it, next step will be better.
Mar 11, 2008 3:16 AM

Oct 2007
lol Braver will actually lose to Shinaidar... great episodes though... Maybe Braver will get some power-ups somewhere and kick her ass...
Mar 11, 2008 3:22 AM

Dec 2007
So sad that Tama lost, but i guess she have to loose to become even better. ..
headphones are sexy~~<3
Mar 11, 2008 3:32 AM

Oct 2007
Poor Tama... but Braver have friends! Go!
Mar 11, 2008 5:49 AM
Feb 2008
awesome episode, i was honestly hoping for that outcome. Tama is over rated -p
Mar 11, 2008 9:49 AM
Dec 2007
It was bound to happen. The show wouldn't be as good if Tama kept winning and never lost at least once. As for MiyaMiya, I actually wanted her to win her match. I still don't understand why she never gets a win. She's like a demon, yet always ends up looking like the pathetic one. Give her one win already dammit! And why is Sayako on the back burner? They didn't even show her fighting. Good episode though. I also didn't understand what the point in showing those two former kendo guys were, especially at the arcade. That was random.
Mar 11, 2008 4:36 PM
Dec 2007
Miya Miya has strength and bloodthirst, but she lacks technique and focus. She basically charges blindly, which means she pushes the opponnent around a lot, but can only score illegal hits.

Mar 11, 2008 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
it was good that she lost. i agree that she should loose someone same age as her so there'll be no excuses. that fight was kinda short and i didn't see much action in there, if you look at it, there's more action in tama VS azuma fight ^^

probably after this, the team would be low in morale and would lack self-confidence. and then cap'n kirino comes to the rescue and as the heart of the team.. would comfort them and bring the team up again. lol.. just a guess ^^

Mar 11, 2008 10:54 PM

Dec 2007
I felt this episode was rushed. Tama lost for the first time, poor Tama. I liked Rin than Tama. Unlike white hair with practitioner who had a dirty trick to Tama, Rin's not hateable, evil practitioner. I suppose she have more experience than Tama have since she used jodan stance, and she dodged her tsuki. I guess Rin was disappointed about her match against Tama. Tama will be back in no time, but the preview looks not cheerful to me.

I hope Miya Miya wins against Carrie but she lost, sadly.
gameoffreak8Mar 11, 2008 10:59 PM
Mar 12, 2008 2:21 AM

Sep 2007
Tenma said:

God yes.

I feel bad for Miya-Miya though

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Mar 12, 2008 2:47 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was somewhat rushed, no real fight between Tama and Rin. Tama would probably have felt better if she had lost to someone older (Kenzaburo). Anyway, by what she said to him (Kenzaburo), it seems she hates losing to anyone. But as everyone said, she needed to lose, well not needed, but it was coming. It would have been nonsensical if she kept winning and now, she will learn from this loss. I am not sure whether she was robbed though since she pressured herself to get that one point. Maybe she also had this mental make-up that Braver never loses to Shinaida. Rin isn't bad, she simply was more focused that Tama at that moment. And also, I don't think she (Tama) should have placed Rin in the same category as that of Konishi (the girl whose fans locked Tama in a store in episode 17) and Toyama (the delinquent who was shown in the arcade). After all, isn't she (Tama) friends wiith Rin? Anyway,Tamaki just has to stand up and fight.
Mar 12, 2008 11:46 PM

Oct 2007
Have to agree with everyone else, this episode was very rushed, and its kind of sad that that match depending on tama winning in the first place, the opposing team members never even got introduced, how could they win 2 matches?? Anyways, they seriously need to let miya win a match soon, her morale is going down the crapper and it seems like dan's pick me ups arent working as well anymore. Also wondering where they're going with the two dropouts, thought it was kind of funny that yuuji and dan were intimidated by them, cause even if dan's not at their level yet, yuuji should have already been more than a match for them. I don't think they're out of the tournament yet, i think i remember hearing sayako and kirino talking in the background when it was focusing on tama that they just needed a certain number of overall wins to move on, or something like that. Besides, what would they do now if they were completely out of the tourny? The only real thing i could think to have a good end would be all the team members begging the superintendant not to fire him or something, and i kind of doubt thats how this would end. Tama needs to undergo some special training against people who can use the ascension stance for sure. Come to think of it, why didnt he ever think about asking her about that after watching her reaction from fighting Kenzaboro? Oh well, bring on the next episode! T_T One episode closer to the end ;-;
Mar 13, 2008 2:39 PM
Dec 2007
I think they are officially out of the Team Matches and their only chance are the Individual matches (that leaves the door opens for the guys to come out of nowhere and win, since they only compete in Individual bouts).

Mar 15, 2008 3:33 AM
Oct 2007
Expected but still:

Holy Crap. Tama lost!
Mar 16, 2008 3:46 PM

Mar 2007
Syanaide said:
Tenma said:

God yes.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK D:

Tama T_T
You've come a long way, baby.
Mar 17, 2008 9:22 PM

Nov 2007
It was obvious that Tama was gonna lose due to what Kenzaburou said to her back a few epis earlier. So I'm not surprised.
Apr 10, 2008 8:36 AM

Apr 2007
Well, this loss was to be expected so I wasn't surprised at all. I'm really feeling bad for Miya Miya though. Are they going to go the whole series without her winning anything?

Greggo said:
I think because of the two delinquents the Coach will be seen as having no control over the members of his club, and this will lead to a move to dissolve the club and hasten his firing.

Especially now that the girls are out of the tournament.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Why else would they bring back two characters that haven't been around for 20 episodes?

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 4, 2008 4:22 AM

Feb 2008
Really good episode! Probably my favourite yet.
I wasn't surprised that Tama lost, but I was surprised that her team lost. Wonder what'll happen now.
Jun 27, 2008 12:51 AM

Jun 2008
*cry* Tama lost T~T

Sad... but I think we all guessed it by now... still Tama-chaaaaan T_T

Sig WILL change soon~
Sep 23, 2008 11:39 PM

Jul 2008
So Tama lost, its good for her though. Tama has experienced the biggest character development that I have seen all in anime. We'll see what she learns from this.
Nov 28, 2008 11:03 AM

Jun 2008
Poor Tama lost this match, but it will be good for her to learn what it feels like for the future.
Mar 16, 2009 7:12 PM

Sep 2008
I'm getting really sick of them losing all the time. i understand that it's a learning experience, but I think it's just silly how Rin abides by the dumb Blade Bravers psychology, dumb foreshadowing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2009 2:49 AM

Apr 2008
I have a bad feeling about the deliquent pair.
Sounds fishy....
Nov 30, 2009 7:17 AM

Jun 2009
The Cut-outs/key chain was so cute

tama chan's losing wasnt that bad.. i expect that to happen coz we know she always win matches and thats too imba
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 3, 2009 1:37 AM

May 2008
Faust721 said:
I expected Tama to lose due to all the foreshadowing but man I did not think it would happen that badly D:
It was Twist to see her lose like that but now that she lost how is Tama going to recover....
Dec 8, 2009 3:55 PM

Nov 2007
So sad that Tama lost, just doesn't feel right. Wish they spent more time showing her fight though was expecting a long one not two simple head strikes. She really needs to work on that Ascension stance thing, wonder what happened to her mother though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Apr 3, 2008

126 by KitsuFrost »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:53 AM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

playconn - Feb 2, 2008

50 by KitsuFrost »»
Oct 31, 2023 3:52 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 13 Discussion

Abyss - Dec 26, 2007

40 by KitsuFrost »»
Oct 31, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 25 Discussion

alert105 - Mar 25, 2008

39 by 1Konochi »»
Jan 31, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 24 Discussion

Netforce - Mar 20, 2008

49 by 1Konochi »»
Jan 30, 2023 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.