Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2014 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp and it looks like he battle against those spirits continue this episode. Good to know that Erza has a plan though.

Not bad Yukino. She's got some fist skills. I'm somewhat surprised at the pace of this arc already. Also, Virgo is a bit OP.
Oct 31, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2010
The Liberum, a ritual to free the spirits at the price of only living 12 days!~

That was quite interesting with Erza splitting the others into groups. It was nice to see the silver keys functioning like normal.

Natsu going to the celestial world then came back. Virgo getting that globe at the end. Yukino with her martial arts, that combo ^^

Virgo making all those holes :O I feel bad for the people who manages the library xD

More people joining in next episode!
Oct 31, 2014 7:41 PM
Sep 2012
This was an excellent episode. It went by very fast.

First question I have is where is anyone else from Sabertooth, while everyone in Fairy Tail is trying to help Lucy, by comparisson the rest of Sabertooth is no where to be found to help Yukino, tell us why they aren't here, is Yukino hiding this form them, just give us an answer, is Dobengal to busy. Anyway we see Erza take charge here, and I wonder they forshadowing of a future guild master?

Natsu just takes off to the Celestial World to beat all the Zodiac spirits up, this reminded when he busted into Phantom guild and Sabertooh alone to beat everybody up. Natsu fights Taurus, and maybe we get a hint of why Natsu has no reservation punching someone that looks like Taurus in the face later on.

We see evil Virgo, and dam she is awesome. I kind of want her to stay like this, of course I know she won't.

But the highlight and surprise of the episode for me has to be Yukino, who knew she had some martial arts skills. The question I have where was this in the Kagura fight, I am not staying it would have made a difference, but at least make Kagura work a little harder, why didn't Yukino try that. And dam she looked fine. If she ever found Jeema, unless your fury on him.

Virgo succeeds in her mission, which is expected, the bad guys always get the early victory, but we find out a twist, the Zodiac spirits they are going to die in 12 days, and apparantely they are cool with that.

Next episode, the princess is still the pumpkin outfit, nice to see some continuity with that, so Hisui and Arcadeus they appear in this episode. And looks like Pisces is the main villain in the next episode
Oct 31, 2014 7:53 PM

Mar 2008
Love this filler arc! It's turning out to be very well done. Also, I'm with Happy. Don't get on Yukino's bad side. lol
Oct 31, 2014 7:56 PM

Apr 2008
The filler arc is still going strong. I'm pleasantly surprised. And next episode we get a return of the Princess and Arcadios! Can't wait to see how they fit into this whole mess.
Oct 31, 2014 8:48 PM

Apr 2013
It was nice to see the library again, be useful and not the stage for the Jiggle Butt trio but damn "Can I send the bill to Fairy Tail". This arc is shaping up to be interesting. Where did Yukino get that book she can't understand from to be begin with? So far that is the only real problem I have, that felt convent and sudden I know she would want to do research on her own but how did she even know it would help.
Oct 31, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2010
My girl Yukino going in and whooping ass <3
So, I'm having a hard time taking the fact that Natsu can't take on Taurus seriously, does this change for the spirits make them stronger AND evil, or just evil? Filler Arc getting more interesting as it goes, considering the twist at the end, I can definitely see this become better than Starry Sky. On another note, I had no idea what I was looking at with the preview of next week's episode and I'm also not really a fan of something that appears to be a filler within a filler but hopefully it's funny.
Oct 31, 2014 11:13 PM

Aug 2012
At first I was wondering about the time differentials between the spirits world and real world, and how when Natsu was done it ended up back with them. Realized he was in the Spirit world for like 5-10 minutes, and it probably took the girls hours at least to reach the library, if not longer.

Him happening to fall right on top of them is something else, but since it had to effect on the plot, I'll let it pass.

Really happy to see Levy getting some action. Though, it seems like it would be better to not find the piece, but I guess they were hoping of taking it before Virgo could.

Haha Yukino's part was the best. Love it. Enjoying the pacing, though some things could use some more explanation.
Oct 31, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2014
Wow. Never expected Yukino to be able to hold on her own without magic and the martial art part showed quite smoothly. . Impressed me a little bit because it came from Yukino but maybe that was Sabertooth way.

I am curious about this perfect freedom that this Celestial Spirits seek and where in the world Celestial Spirit King go. And I can't wait to see how Libra and Pisces in their rebellion mode portrayed.

And it's also made me so happy with the way Natsu acted so possessively toward Lucy's feeling. My shipping heart is so darn content at the moment.
Can't wait for next week episode.
Google first, ask later
Nov 1, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2012
Dang Yukino, you can sure kick butt.
Nov 1, 2014 1:20 AM

Dec 2007
This episode was all about Yukino, and that makes me happy, especially considering how long it'll likely be before we see her again after this. I'm going to assume she's been training since the Grand Magic Games after her loss to Kagura. I doubt she was that strong then.

Also nice to see Levy get a chance to shine. And dark Virgo continues to impress.

My only real gripe here is that Yukino caught on to Virgo's act, and they still acted exactly like they would if they didn't know her plans. What happened was so obvious, especially considering Virgo's abilities, that it makes them look stupid to fall into that trap so easily. It would have been better if they hadn't shown an indication that they were on to Virgo's plan, or actually made a serious attempt to counter it.
Nov 1, 2014 1:29 AM

May 2013
Virgo being a sadist looks cool. She really brought out the punishment for them.
Yukino sure knows how to fight. I always looked at her as a fragile girl.
They got a hold of that globe thing. 12 days to live is the price.
Nov 1, 2014 1:36 AM

Feb 2013
Lucy gets beat up again

this is basically a broken record
Nov 1, 2014 2:07 AM

Aug 2012
PoisonedTea said:
Lucy gets beat up again

this is basically a broken record

They actually all got beat.
Nov 1, 2014 3:15 AM

Dec 2011
The start was rather interesting and freaking went to the Celestial World all alone to fight them.

Virgo being a sadist sure is amazingly funny XD.

LOL, Yukino knows martial arts and gave and landed some hits on Virgo.

Natsu's getting his ass kicked by Taurus...

How did Natsu return to the normal world lol...

So the price for freedom is that they'll live only 12 more days eh...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 1, 2014 4:00 AM

Jul 2011
FatefulLove said:
The Liberum, a ritual to free the spirits at the price of only living 12 days!~

That was quite interesting with Erza splitting the others into groups. It was nice to see the silver keys functioning like normal.

Natsu going to the celestial world then came back. Virgo getting that globe at the end. Yukino with her martial arts, that combo ^^

Virgo making all those holes :O I feel bad for the people who manages the library xD

More people joining in next episode!

whaa that was an intense episode. kinda made me scream at them though for not being careful with the clues/globe. I mean you know she's there, try whispering or holding tight the items lol. Instead they were screaming out to the world that they found the item.

Anyways great episode. Damn that 12 days in exchange for freedom sucks. I wonder if they know about it though, I hope not. Or else there wouldn't be changing their minds when the time comes. I hope Lucy and the gang get to them. I see Lucy and Yukino as caring for them, rather than seeing them as an actual enemy. Gotta love that, u know.
Nov 1, 2014 4:27 AM

Oct 2013
I like what Virgo has turned into.

Nov 1, 2014 5:28 AM

Jun 2013
Celestial spirits are too OP, I don't like it. Yet, they have to do it since if Natsu could beat them arc would be over by now. I hope they will make Natsu a little bit stronger in the future episodes. Overall, it was a good episode.
Nov 1, 2014 5:55 AM

Jan 2013
I actually laughed at the usual Natsu going to the celestial world, shame that he came back to soon.
Anyways, it's stupid that thing of 12 days to live, even if this wasn't a filler, it's a battle shounen, of course no one will die...
And why the Celestial Spirits know of the Liberum and don't know about that? please...
Nov 1, 2014 6:59 AM

Apr 2014
Lol, when Yukino kicked Virgo's ass for a few seconds there, I was like "Damn! Wasn't expecting that! Good going Yukino!" It was sweet.

I'm assuming the Spirits may actually know about the 12 days to live. Not sure.
I'm sure this arc is going to get emotional, as most Fairy Tail arcs usually do. That last arc had me crying like a baby in the end with Ultear's death. Well, "death". She was dying.
Nov 1, 2014 7:09 AM

Sep 2014
Yukino definitely was the best thing about the episode. Rest wasn't really that good. Hopefully coming few episodes'll be better.
Nov 1, 2014 8:10 AM

Aug 2014
If they got it the Liberium they only can live for more twelve days... Omg :o
Nice episode ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 1, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2013
This arc is looking fun and interesting . Yukino , that was shocking I never thought she would be fighting other than her spirits .
Nov 1, 2014 1:52 PM

Dec 2011
It seems Hisui is also a Celestial Mage after all.

Looks like there is something deeper in why Natsu came back at that place. Just wonder how'd he end up coming back?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2011
Last epsiode, Lucy overpowered Virgo in the whip fight. Now, Virgo's whip is stronger? It didn't look like she was holding back last episode..

Not that she needs the whip to beat them, given how overpowered she is.

Anyways, why do the heroes always continue the search while being chased, leading the enemy directly to the goal, when the enemy clearly doesn't even know where to start looking?

They could simply wait a few days, if they spirits had any clue, they would already have acquired it. And they should not have sent Lucy anywhere close to suspected clues, as the spirits are watching her. Sent someone else. Heck, send Levy alone, so no one keeps distracting her.
Nov 1, 2014 2:46 PM

Sep 2013
Not sure if Celestial Spirits are stronger or Natsu weaker... Sucks this is filler, Id love to see the Celestial Spirits be useful for a change.
Nov 1, 2014 4:32 PM

Dec 2008
I understand that he's reckless and bordering on stupid, but this was downright ridiculous. He didn't even listen to Erza and just ran to the Celestial World without thinking anything through.
"I'm going to punch their memories back into them." Yeah, okay. Just when you think there's been some decent character development on someone, they revert back to what they're known for. Being recklessly stupid.

Yukino fighting toe to toe with Virgo made me laugh. Dem martial art moves! Yukino, you've got some new found respect with me!

ravivi said:
At first I was wondering about the time differentials between the spirits world and real world, and how when Natsu was done it ended up back with them. Realized he was in the Spirit world for like 5-10 minutes, and it probably took the girls hours at least to reach the library, if not longer.

1 Day in the Celestial world is 3 months in the real world. One hour in the CW would average to about 85-90 hours in the real world. So 1 minute in the CW would be about 90 minutes in real life. It can't even be 10 minutes he spent there, because that would make it 15 hours for them! So it's a bit ridiculous in that sense!
sarroushNov 1, 2014 4:41 PM
Nov 1, 2014 5:58 PM

Feb 2013
Celestial spirits are strong... Nice ep not great but ok.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 1, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2014
Natsu asks the real questions.
This filler arc is actually pretty cool. I'm still wondering if Loke is the leader or not, since Virgo gives him the celestial globe.
12 days to live free. That's a bit sad imo. You live how you want, but die quicker. What freedom is that?
Nov 2, 2014 2:28 AM
Oct 2013
sarroush said:
I understand that he's reckless and bordering on stupid, but this was downright ridiculous. He didn't even listen to Erza and just ran to the Celestial World without thinking anything through.
"I'm going to punch their memories back into them." Yeah, okay. Just when you think there's been some decent character development on someone, they revert back to what they're known for. Being recklessly stupid.

Yukino fighting toe to toe with Virgo made me laugh. Dem martial art moves! Yukino, you've got some new found respect with me!

ravivi said:

1 Day in the Celestial world is 3 months in the real world. One hour in the CW would average to about 85-90 hours in the real world. So 1 minute in the CW would be about 90 minutes in real life. It can't even be 10 minutes he spent there, because that would make it 15 hours for them! So it's a bit ridiculous in that sense!
Unless they spent 15 hours going to the library and looking through books before Virgo attacked them. It doesn't sound that farfetched imo xD
Nov 2, 2014 6:03 AM

Jan 2012
am i the only one that remembers natsu being a lot stronger than that
why are the spirits acting like this? freedom lol

Nov 2, 2014 9:15 AM

Jan 2014
I'm going to seriously love this arc. xD I was surprised when Yukino kicked Virgo's ass, I was like, DAYUMM.

forum set by: bunnyama
Nov 2, 2014 7:20 PM

Oct 2012
am i the only one that cringed every time virgo made a hole in the library?
Nov 2, 2014 10:30 PM
Jul 2013
I am seriously considering dropping fairy tail...
Nov 4, 2014 2:37 AM

May 2010
It was nice to see Gray calming down Natsu for Lucy's sake.

Yukino was a boss there.

... Are you an idiot? I mean you realized Virgo is after you but you still are shouting how you have found the globe. That's some lazy writing. The Levy I know is smarter than that.

And they totally got the time thing wrong.

And now we have this 12 days drama. Sounds cheap.

Meh episode, only liked the first few minutes.
Nov 4, 2014 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
Episode was quite good. I think it's quite clear that the spirits aren't going to die but it's a nice twist. Also it sets a bit of a time limit for this arc. Seems like the arc is going to end rather sooner than later.

icefox94 said:
am i the only one that cringed every time virgo made a hole in the library?

No you aren't. T.T

Hime-In-A-Box said:
That last arc had me crying like a baby in the end with Ultear's death. Well, "death". She was dying.

Apparently, in the source she just died. I havn't read it but I was told the whole bull shit where she reappeared in the anime wasn't in the manga. I seriously think they have to stop destroying such powerful moments like Ultear's death. I hate that. It destroys both the setting and the excitement for future stories.
MirageeNov 4, 2014 11:31 AM
Nov 4, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2014
I can never get used to this new animation.

Well, overall, awesome episode.

Yukino, you're now one of my favorite heroine! :D

Since when did Natsu get that weak?

Miragee said:

Hime-In-A-Box said:
That last arc had me crying like a baby in the end with Ultear's death. Well, "death". She was dying.

Apparently, in the source she just died. I havn't read it but I was told the whole bull shit where she reappeared in the anime wasn't in the manga. I seriously think they have to stop destroying such powerful moments like Ultear's death. I hate that. It destroys both the setting and the excitement for future stories.

Not sure about that though, but I'm pretty sure she was dying in the manga as well. I remembered her reappearing as an old woman, although I kinda forgot whether she talked to Jellal and Meldy or not. She did say "dying" though, so she's probably gone right now.

ravivi said:

I was thinking about this as well x.x Natsu got quite a lot of screen time during his fight in the celestial world.
Nov 4, 2014 6:01 PM

Dec 2008
Miragee said:

Hime-In-A-Box said:

Apparently, in the source she just died.I havn't read it but I was told the whole bull shit where she reappeared in the anime wasn't in the manga. I seriously think they have to stop destroying such powerful moments like Ultear's death. I hate that. It destroys both the setting and the excitement for future stories.

That's not true. Though the last bit you see of her in the manga is her interaction with Gray, it still has not been established whether or not she's actually dead. As of right now, she's just an old woman who was freed from her sins. At this point in time, her death can be inferred due to the final scene, but whether or not that's true, well, we'll find out as the story progresses.
Nov 8, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
Did they change Virgo's voice actor. she sound complete different than usual. turn from normal female voice to psycho bitch voice and still sound natural. but I guess her VA(Miyuki Sawashiro?) is really talented as I heard.

Despite a filler, but it pretty enjoyable so far.
Nov 9, 2014 7:49 AM

Mar 2010
I see it as, Real freedom = death. Sucks that its only 12 days. Natsu really was useless this episode lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 21, 2014 1:06 PM

Apr 2014
Levi is really at fault in this ep she could have just stopped looking for the globe but nooooo she had to look for it and i really didn't understand how natsu got to them so fast wouldn't it have been like a 3 month fall to the library
Dec 8, 2014 6:22 AM

Sep 2014
Mr_Perv_ said:
Levi is really at fault in this ep she could have just stopped looking for the globe but nooooo she had to look for it and i really didn't understand how natsu got to them so fast wouldn't it have been like a 3 month fall to the library

I think they cut the long journey to the library. As you may remember, when they previously traveled to the library it took them a long time.
Dec 20, 2014 12:48 PM

Oct 2014
Pretty good episode.

Like where this arc is heading. Where defuk did the spirit king go anyway?!
!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2015 10:09 AM

Apr 2013
lol @ Natsu just going straight after them like always xD
Yukino's martial arts-skills were... unexpected O_O
Mar 15, 2015 1:03 PM
Mar 2014
'what happend to your mustache' lmao.

Daamn Yukino got some nice moves :3

Sadist Virgo looks better then maid Virgo lol.

Lol Natsu got rekt so hard.

Mmh thats some weird sacrefise they want to make.
Jul 30, 2015 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
I loved seeing Yukino do some martial arts on Virgo in this ep. NGL, this version of Virgo is really awesome and I'm happy to see more of her (even if it's not "canon"). I'm really enjoying this arc and I can't wait to see Pisces in action next ep. We hardly ever get to see them, so this will be a nice change.

Sadist Virgo is so epic.
Aug 3, 2015 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
poptartnyan said:
Sadist Virgo is so epic.
^ That lol.

Lust said:
'what happend to your mustache' lmao.

Daamn Yukino got some nice moves :3
^ And that!

Yukino, respect +10
Nov 21, 2015 5:57 PM

Jan 2015
So 12 days of freedom huh :X
Sep 8, 2016 11:35 AM

Jan 2016
already got the globe? and they will only live for 12 more days if activated ? if i got that right. wonder how this will end, Yukino got some mad skills tho o.O anyway Great episode.
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 16, 2016 2:28 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So Celestial Spirit logic, I want freedom because I'm tired of being tied to useless humans. They get freedom but they can only live for 12 days. Talk about getting ripped off lol

Virgo going all out with them holes. Kudos to Yukino, she's got some good fighting moves.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.