Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 11, 2009 7:45 AM

Sep 2009
I have found some funny on this... so... keep watching.
Oct 11, 2009 10:47 AM

Jul 2009
Kira01 said:
A transfer student..

Is he stupid???

LOL agreed...what a stupid guy
I have no interest to watch it anymore..my brain cells cannot hold this level of stupidity...is this anime turning into some kind of parody show? *sigh*
Enough of this shit...
Oct 11, 2009 10:57 AM

Sep 2009
Arc_ said:
Who knows what the episode preview said?

gg trolled us with Star Wars. =/

fffuuuuu-
Oct 11, 2009 10:59 AM

Jul 2008
pshh not making sense no longer surprises me
FOR THOSE DROPPING THIS DUE TO STUPIDITY
GTFO AND WATCH NEEDLESS then

w.e im satisfied imma continue watching
Oct 11, 2009 2:54 PM

Aug 2009
I really enjoyed this second episode~ It isn't usual for me to like this typical sort of anime, but this one is cool and funny. I find myself rooting for Sakura and Natsuru's character relationship the most~ (≧ω≦)
Oct 11, 2009 5:41 PM

Aug 2008
So the preview seems to have Maria-sama ga Miteru at the end.
ckamOct 11, 2009 5:47 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2009 7:02 PM

Feb 2008
I'm watching this just for the sake of hearing Nakajima Megumi and Noto Mamiko ♥
But the animation's pretty :'3
I think I'm getting used to Natsuru's male voice... -shrugs- oh well. xD
I don't hate any characters...I think. xD lawl
I like the seiyuu jokes...so, waiting for Noto Mamiko. x'3
And I'm curious about the story too :']
So not bad. Even though it's not my kind of series to watch. :'p
But this epi, I think was better than the first too.. x'3
Well, at least I like it better than the first one anyway. :'3

And I agree that it's for the lulz when you wake up in the morning. x'D (in my case, in the middle of the night..lawl xD)

Oct 12, 2009 4:21 AM

Nov 2008
I think I'm also getting used to M!Natsuru's voice. Of course, I did watch both episodes about 20 times...
Oct 12, 2009 9:25 AM

Nov 2008
This episode was much better than I thought. I like those "hints" and how Akane understands everything wrong, in a pervy way xD
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 12, 2009 9:55 AM

Jul 2009
Did you guys noticed how tall the guy is? They could have at least reduced his height while "expanding" his chest. Lol..
Oct 12, 2009 11:03 AM
Mar 2009
It was ok... Only Fight...
Oct 12, 2009 3:45 PM

May 2009
need moar yuri
Oct 12, 2009 5:21 PM
Mar 2009
Arc_ said:

I lol'd.

Yup.
Akane's dirty jokes are and never will be not funny.
her alter ego is funny..

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Oct 12, 2009 6:12 PM

Feb 2009
What a difference a second episode makes!

The first episode was stupid and made no sense whatsoever, while this episode had less that was stupid and random, and added some stuff I -did- like, like going further on Mikoto's crush on Onnna-Natsuru and more of the dynamic between Natsuru, Moe-Akane, and Tsundere-Akane.

It's still preposterously stupid at parts, but there's the horny fanboy in me that enjoys what I know is nothing but a fanservice-fest.

Though I don't get Natsuru's hang-up over her being in love only with his girl side. To me, that's even better! What straight guy doesn't want to be a hot lesbian with a hot lesbian girlfriend?:)
ArnoldKOct 12, 2009 6:21 PM

Oct 12, 2009 8:22 PM

Aug 2007
I love this anime so far.
I got to admit the sex jokes are kind of funny. lol
Is it me, or is the president the only one so far who doesn't have a dramatic change?
Oct 12, 2009 8:27 PM

Jul 2009
tttm said:
I love this anime so far.
I got to admit the sex jokes are kind of funny. lol
Is it me, or is the president the only one so far who doesn't have a dramatic change?
The transformation varies from each person, from Personalities, Gender and Hair Colored..
Oct 12, 2009 11:46 PM

Sep 2009
I really like that music they play at the intermission...I hope there's some sort of "full" version in the OST...but it's not likely.
Oct 13, 2009 6:33 AM

May 2009
Somehow, this will make it to the series I'll watch this season, without any right to it. Not that good season and need for a guilty pleasure, I guess.
R_asuka said:
one more thing -how do you pronounce Kampfer? especially the "A".
someone told me the "A" is pronounced the same as in "bad".

does the pronunciation change from german,swiss german and austrian german?

In Standard German, the ä is pronounced like you were told.
In Austria and ババリア* people don't differentiate between the ä and e, and pronounce both like 'e', which is quite close to the e the Japanese use. In fact, the word sounds actually quite good, a thing I can't say for schiwerto.
*I know I like the transcription too much, it's a German thing.

And on the edge of sanity I stumble and fall.
Oct 13, 2009 8:15 AM

Jul 2008
^Ah so they're using the austrian pronunciation then? :D
thanks for the reply.

and

Ceska said:
a thing I can't say for schiwerto.

hehe :D
how is it spelled and pronounced in german?

Oct 13, 2009 9:38 AM

May 2009
R_asuka said:
^Ah so they're using the austrian pronunciation then? :D
thanks for the reply.

They're using the closest approximation to their native pronunciation, as all speakers usually do. It just happens to be very close to south german.

Schwert - spoken shve-uht, with a glide into a very short 'uh', to use english spelling.

Older radio speakers and theatres will still use the rolled 'r' in there instead of the 'uh'.
For most Germans, the r is not rolled, but rather similar to the one in Japanese if before a vowel. After a vowel it works like in English (after is a good example, in fact - sounds almost the same in German - means something entirely different). I guess the term for that phenomenon is non-rhotic.
CeskaOct 16, 2009 8:06 AM

Oct 13, 2009 9:53 AM

Jun 2008
Ceska said:

Schwert - spoken shve-uht, with a glide into a very short 'uh', to use english spelling.

Older radio speakers and theatres will still use the rolled 'r' in there instead of the 'uh'.
For most Germans, the r is not rolled, but rather similar to the one in Japanese if before a vowel. After a vowel it works like in English (after is a good example, in fact - sounds almost the same in German - means something entirely different). I guess the term for that phenomenon is non-rhotic.

How far have we come that an Austrian is teaching Geman pronounciation...
I would rather pronounce it like the japanese non-speakers than "shve-uht" (That is almost Schwitzerdütsch - no disrespect).
Oct 14, 2009 12:43 AM

Sep 2008
pretty funny anime!

I like their dirty jokes. Akane xPPP

5/5 ep!

can't wait for next ep~ *in the female side* =)))

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 14, 2009 2:54 PM

Jul 2008
there seems gto be a lot of variations in the different he types of german languages XD
don't you guys have trouble understanding each other when you talk wth someone who speaks a different dialect?

it reminded me a bit of my own language and a dialect of from the middle part of my country.
I barely get what they're saying,sometimes it doesn't even register with me XD

Oct 16, 2009 8:30 AM

May 2009
Began to read the manga. It's quite fun, if different.

Proselyt said:
Ceska said:

I would rather pronounce it like the japanese non-speakers than "shve-uht" (That is almost Schwitzerdütsch - no disrespect).

How far we have come to think that northern germany should dictate phonology. :p

Seriously, it's the closest I get to a short 'a' using English. That it sounds close to Schwitzerdütsch is only natural, it's a peculiarity of all varieties of southern german among others*, and thus also of alemannic and its subdialects.
Shizuku uses that way of pronouncing, by the way. She just adds an i after the sh, and an o after the t.

*By the way, what German accent doesn't vocalise the r in the coda?
R_asuka said:
there seems gto be a lot of variations in the different he types of german languages XD
don't you guys have trouble understanding each other when you talk wth someone who speaks a different dialect?

German has three centres to guide its pronunciation and produce dictionaries, as well as varying nuances of intelligibility.
Which means, quite a few speakers are subtitled on German TV when speaking their form of colloquial or even standard speech. Schwitzerdütsch always is, others are only sometimes.
Dialect wise, there's plenty of people in Austria or even Styria I won't understand when speaking theirs. German dialects are even worse, proportional to how far away they are. Or the number of mountains in between.

Oct 16, 2009 9:06 AM

Jun 2008
Ceska said:
Proselyt said:
Ceska said:

How far we have come to think that northern germany should dictate phonology. :p

Seriously, it's the closest I get to a short 'a' using English. That it sounds close to Schwitzerdütsch is only natural, it's a peculiarity of all varieties of southern german among others*, and thus also of alemannic and its subdialects.
Shizuku uses that way of pronouncing, by the way. She just adds an i after the sh, and an o after the t.

Yes you are right. I was just amused about the spelling being somewhat unusual.^^

Ceska said:
*By the way, what German accent doesn't vocalise the r in the coda?

I don't know, Hanoverian or what one would call "Hochdeutsch".
R_asuka said:

Most people are able to speak proper German. There is no difficulty in communication.
ProselytOct 16, 2009 9:30 AM
Oct 16, 2009 8:16 PM

Apr 2008
This episode wasnt all that good.
I just watch this for the awesome reaction faces Natsuru makes~
Oct 18, 2009 6:38 AM

Oct 2008
Good episode, better than the first one at least.
Oct 19, 2009 3:41 PM

Feb 2009
Tensai-Kun said:

I like their dirty jokes. Akane xPPP

Dirty jokes ftw ^_^
And Akane is so cute...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Oct 20, 2009 9:24 AM

May 2008
It was alright, action was good,
Oct 20, 2009 3:06 PM

Oct 2007
I don't get it, I thought this was supposed to be bad? All kidding aside, it was actually pretty good. Red Akane is awesome, but to be honest I kind of think female Senou is pretty hot to O_o

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 20, 2009 4:04 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
:/

looks like i'm dropping this.
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 21, 2009 1:41 AM

Jan 2009
Smasher said:
but to be honest I kind of think female Senou is pretty hot to O_o

Which is more than what can be said about a few of the other characters, who look ridiculous
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 23, 2009 2:19 AM

Jan 2009
This episode kind of annoyed me. I mean, pointing out the voice actors to show off. That completely distracted me. Thanks to that, I will never see those girls as the characters they are anymore. Apparently that enemy girl's weakness is the water sprinkler, but oh wait, it's not. What the heck? It'd be better if it made just a tiny bit of sense.
Oct 25, 2009 1:42 AM
Jul 2009
After the first epsiode, it was pretty obvious who the enemy would turn out to be. I thought pointing out the voice talent was kinda funny.
Nov 13, 2009 8:04 PM

Apr 2009
Akane. <333333
Lol, pointing out the voice actors xD
Great episode, Loved the fight.

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Nov 27, 2009 6:24 AM

May 2008
Naruleach said:
:/

looks like i'm dropping this.

I really can't blame you.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 4, 2009 8:40 PM

Nov 2008
This was a lot funnier than the last one. I like the comedy and the fan service. And now there is a love triangle, that should heat things up, especially since its a guy that transforms into a girl.

I'm glad I started watching this series, and I now want to know why they fight, hopefully it will be something interesting.
Dec 18, 2009 7:13 PM

Aug 2009
Lololol, Natsuru is going to transfer to the girl's side. Gonna get interesting from now on.

Also, I love these random ecchi moments. It's just hilarious, lool. I knew the President is going to be a Kampfer, but I didn't expect her to be in the bad side. :(

Wondering also if that Sakura girl is a moderator since she's been giving out dolls to everyone that'll make them a Kampfer.
MoonfrostDec 18, 2009 7:17 PM
Dec 29, 2009 9:50 AM

Oct 2009
Continuing with Bluerays the water and rain during the Shizuka battle not to mention the yellow tape is gone makes it worth seeing this part once again. Really nice!=> You can even see the water falling on the bodies very well as it was more real.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
May 29, 2010 1:11 PM

May 2010
I liked the episode. I'm not sure I like Akane, but she's so weird its entertaining. I'm interested to see how he'll take it being full time on the girls side.
Jul 5, 2010 8:23 PM

Mar 2010
Arc_ said:

I lol'd.

i couldnt stop laughing after that lol

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Sep 3, 2010 6:22 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
Better comedy and action. I found funny the part of Natsuru and Akane in Natsuru bedroom and Natsuru/Sakura confrontations. I liked the action Shizuku cutting weapon of Natsuru in half. Next episode should be funny Natsuru going to girl school with Sakura being close to him/her. Glad to find this funny.

Agreed xD
Feb 13, 2011 3:25 AM

Aug 2009
OH GOD, THIS SHOW IS AWESOME.
5/5
I'm serious. Seriously, this show is great.
It's so bad, that it's guuuuud.
Oct 17, 2013 3:52 PM

Dec 2007
Maybe Sakura is a moderator, and makes everyone a kampfer by giving out those stuffed animals. It'll be interesting to see Natsuru trying go to school on the girls side.
Feb 19, 2014 3:42 PM

May 2012
A pretty lovely episode, some great action and an interesting ending! Let's see what's next!
Sep 12, 2014 4:20 PM

Jun 2014
Transferring to the girls side would be inserting.
Jun 26, 2015 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
Meh, doesn't get much better in the 2nd episode. But I won't give up!
Apr 26, 2017 10:10 PM
Apr 2017
Tried watching the first few episodes & it came up "video not available" refreshed my browser & still can't watch?
Sep 21, 2018 1:44 PM

Aug 2018
That was a funny episode. I love these silly ecchi that don’t take themselves so seriously.
Oct 17, 2020 6:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmmm that new character is really interesting... looks like he's transferred to the girl part now xD
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kämpfer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Dec 17, 2009

252 by il887 »»
Apr 20, 2:53 AM

» Crap show

sjw_vegeta - Feb 2

10 by Arnez »»
Feb 7, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Kämpfer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 22, 2009

126 by Lolicon »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Worst Character?

neow_neow - Oct 31, 2009

36 by Lolicon »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Kämpfer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Dec 10, 2009

223 by White_Alice »»
Apr 28, 2023 7:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.