Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really well done episode. I like how the snow captured each scene piece by piece. The episode was actually more intense than I had thought with Ginko though.

I loved this episode though and even though it wraps up this first cour of 10 episodes on TV, it was still memorable. 9/10. That turtle will not be forgotten. Looking forward to the specials and second half!
Jun 20, 2014 10:24 AM

Aug 2008
Loved how the guardian of the mountain turned out to be a turtle and how it lured Ginko to this adventure to get his Kouki. It was so magical when he got absorbed in the pond with all the animals in it.

Ahh, I'm going to miss watching Mushishi Weekly. Can't wait for the fall season!
Jun 20, 2014 11:49 AM
Mar 2013
We finally get an episode centered around Ginko and what an awesome episode! I love his monologues. There's a certain charm to it when he just talks to himself and we get to hear his thoughts.

Kurini said:
Loved how the guardian of the mountain turned out to be a turtle and how it lured Ginko to this adventure to get his Kouki. It was so magical when he got absorbed in the pond with all the animals in it.
Yeah, I loved that too. Especially Ginko's reaction at the end. Masaka! ^_^

The animation was exceptional as always. The underwater part felt so surreal! Can't wait until Fall rolls around but I've got tons of summer anime to keep me company till then.
emeraldrosaryJun 20, 2014 11:53 AM
Jun 20, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2010
This was a quiet episode for the most part.
The mountain lord being a turtle. The Oroshibue pushing Ginko to the swamp.
Watching the animals hibernating and healing in the swamp filled with kouki.
The mushi awakening and the flowers were pretty nice to see!
The mountain lord took Ginko just to take his kouki :P The lord is not only powerful but really smart too.
:( I want more Mushishi already. Fall, come sooner! Great episode as always. I didn't even realize this was the last episode for spring until today.
Jun 20, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
Really great series just like its prequel. The episodtic style episodes fit so well for Mushishi. The calmness and everything about it is great. Can't wait for the next season this fall! Overall 9/10.
Jun 20, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
Really great series just like its prequel. The episodtic style episodes fit so well for Mushishi. The calmness and everything about it is great. Can't wait for the next season this fall! Overall 9/10.

same here^
Jun 20, 2014 2:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Mushi Trivia

Ginko circling back at the same spots reminded me of the time when he encountered Magaridake; a mushi under whose influence one may not escape, in the company of those who are linked to it. (Mushishi Episode 14 - 1st Season)

Liked the way Ginko speculated the current situation from observing the environment around. Very astute of him.

That turtle mountain lord was such a boss. That look he gave to Ginko.. (=_=)
Damn, he doesn't play. Probably gave some sort of order to the Oroshibue to attack show Ginko his authenticity on handling the current situation underwater.

That swamp underwater scene was beautiful with Kouki bubbling up from the bottom and the animals healing themselves around Ginko.
The mushi beginning to emerge from the ground was nice too!

The last scene was hilarious with Ginko realizing that he was tricked into the mountain lord's plan to get at his Kouki. XD
Still, loved how Ginko nonchalantly put that matter aside and engrossed himself to the beautiful Spring environment.

That turtle mountain lord is truly one boss guy!

Great episode & great series. An easy 10/10 material. Awaiting on the Fall season now.

Jun 20, 2014 2:23 PM

Mar 2013
This was the chapter I was most looking forward to as to how they were going to adapt it and it did not disappoint. Another beautiful episode as always.
Bring back down votes on reviews
Jun 20, 2014 2:43 PM
Jan 2014
Those gorgeous scenes, the sound effects, the soundtrack... This was my favourite episode.

The Mountain Lord seemed like an interesting turtle. If that was a plan to score more kouki and gather some of Ginko's consumables, it worked. Though the Mountain Lord went through a lot of trouble. Could say the same about Ginko. His precious mushi tobacco is soaked.

Looking forward to the the next season and the specials.

10/10.
Jun 20, 2014 3:57 PM

Jan 2014
It was great, as usual
Jun 20, 2014 4:17 PM

Jun 2013
Very nice episode overall. It was nice seeing more Mushishi again, I hope the wait for season 2 is not long.
Jun 20, 2014 5:12 PM
Nov 2013
Fuckig beautiful. The use of no music made Ginko's monologues so surreal and dreamlike. Beautiful beautiful BEAUTIFUL.

10/10. Did not disappoint and lives up to the original series.
Jun 20, 2014 5:19 PM

Feb 2013
nitrohawk said:
This was the chapter I was most looking forward to as to how they were going to adapt it and it did not disappoint. Another beautiful episode as always.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It was a magical chapter in the manga and the anime did an amazing job adapting it!
Jun 20, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2012
Mountain Lord: Keikaku Doori

Mushishi being amazing as always. I'm so glad we still get to see more of Mushishi this fall.
Jun 20, 2014 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
9/10, the original was better imo.
Jun 20, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2013
Acropyre said:
Mountain Lord: Keikaku Doori

When Ginko was like "It couldn't be..." the mountain lord's nonchalant face flashed in my mind like he was saying "U mad?" XD!

9/10 for this half but I'll update when the second half ends.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 20, 2014 6:34 PM

Jul 2010
The mountain lord was awkward as hell, at first I thought he could be a foe or something, but I'm glad it turned out this way.

I think this was the most accurated episode for the music, I mean, it was really outstanding how every beat was going perfectly according to the visuals, and how every sound was making the difference in my mind. (not that in others episodes was different, but this time was even better imho)

Also, what a way to finish the series if not focusing the whole episode on Ginko and him alone? 9/10 overall, I'm looking forward to see the two specials and the new sequel this fall.

I leave this picture to you all Ginko's brothers.

Does anyone know when the album OST will be released?
Jun 20, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2008
Actually laughed at the end. Dat Mountain lord. Anyways, It was so surreal! I will miss it as well. Can't wait for the next season and episode 11 + 12 Special!
Jun 20, 2014 7:46 PM
Oct 2010
It's unreal how good this anime is. They do so much with so little, no dialogue, plot, story or anything yet still so deep but light at the same time...spectacular. It's like a meditation on nature or something.
Jun 20, 2014 8:18 PM

Apr 2007
how can people stand using earbuds? It's nice having an episode focusing solely on Ginko, and I really loved how a few scenes were animated, but there were some parts that dragged on a little too much. Ginko's realization at the end was awesome though :p

Can't wait for the next season!
Jun 20, 2014 8:46 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akanezora said:

There'll be 4 OST albums with the 1st being released on June 25. The release dates for the next 3 album follows July 23, September 24 and November 26, respectively.

Source: http://vgmdb.net/product/2528

Jun 20, 2014 9:22 PM

May 2013
Great episode. I've always wanted an episode where Ginko is the only human in the episode and he has to deal with mushi and nature. The swamp scene was beautifully done. I also like Ginko's monologues especially his dialogue towards the Mountain Lord. The fact that there was almost no music in this episode really enhanced the idea of Ginko being alone with nature. That made the episode feel peaceful.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Jun 20, 2014 9:40 PM

Mar 2012
A lovely finale. Looking forward to watching the second half this fall.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 20, 2014 10:20 PM

Dec 2012
Magnificent episode, loved every second of it. I'm glad Mushishi is not over yet. Can't wait until fall for more episodes!

IchiroEX said:
Actually laughed at the end. Dat Mountain lord.
Jun 20, 2014 10:32 PM

Jul 2010
Shaniyaz said:
Akanezora said:

There'll be 4 OST albums with the 1st being released on June 25. The release dates for the next 3 album follows July 23, September 24 and November 26, respectively.

Source: http://vgmdb.net/product/2528

Awesome, thank you.
Jun 20, 2014 10:47 PM

Aug 2012
Got hustled for dat kouki.

I can't express how happy I am that this was a Ginko-centric episode, best way to hold us over till fall.
Jun 20, 2014 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was really intriguing and gave a lot of insights into how the world of Mushishi works. Plus, when Ginko realized what the Mountain Lord wanted from him, I had to laugh. I honestly expected it to smile during that last extended shot.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Jun 21, 2014 12:12 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
luniz said:
It's unreal how good this anime is. They do so much with so little, no dialogue, plot, story or anything yet still so deep but light at the same time...spectacular. It's like a meditation on nature or something.

Definitely agree. Silence has been a big part of Mushishi, but even more so in this episode as Ginko is the only human character and the only voice we hear. I really enjoyed this episode :) Looking forward to more Mushishi in the fall!
Jun 21, 2014 12:13 AM
Jul 2018
This was a little different from most of the episodes but great nonetheless.
Now I can't wait for the fall series and special.
Jun 21, 2014 1:01 AM

Aug 2010
This was probably my favourite ep having solely focused on Ginko. Love that guy so much. His monologue was so fun :D gotta love how calm he kept throughout.

Lol'd at "Nandakorya" when he woke up and found it snowing hard as hell XD
And the end when he realised he was trolled by the mountain lord lol.

9.5/10 and Can't wait for S2 :D
Jun 21, 2014 1:02 AM

Dec 2011
Wonderful as always, can't wait for the continuation this fall. I never can't get enough of Mushishi.
Jun 21, 2014 2:01 AM

Oct 2013
omgggg this troll turtle so fucken funny
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 21, 2014 3:03 AM

Jul 2010
Definitely an anime of its own. It delves into themes anime rarely touch. A very relaxing experience.

Still miss some Tanyu though, I hope she appears on the next season :3
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jun 21, 2014 3:51 AM

Feb 2013
Bigbuffoon said:
Definitely an anime of its own. It delves into themes anime rarely touch. A very relaxing experience.

Still miss some Tanyu though, I hope she appears on the next season :3

She will appear in the special episode. :)
Jun 21, 2014 4:07 AM

Mar 2012
best episode ever
can't wait till fall :D
Mankind’s greatest fear is Mankind itself.
Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

REAL LIFE Anime videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof9ppdHcniLAS_pFoRkqfw
Jun 21, 2014 4:55 AM

Apr 2014
A Ginko-focused episode! :D This is, what, the second time that such an episode occurred?

That turtle. Oh my lord. XD I love that it tricked him into the mountain to get his Kouki. While he was just tripping balls in that mud-pool they were busy going through his things. I cannot express how hilarious it is that they used him. XD
Jun 21, 2014 4:59 AM

Jul 2010
TheSusurrous said:

By "will" you mean the Hihamukage special that aired awhile back? Or a new special episode?
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jun 21, 2014 5:28 AM

Apr 2011
Pretty episode as always, but in all honesty - boring as hell. It's not that I don't like this anime, but I won't miss it at all..
Jun 21, 2014 5:41 AM
womp womp

Nov 2012
Absolutely beautiful episode. I love how they spend such a long time in the swamp, not immediately changing the scene, and just simply stay on that scene in the darkness.

Overall thoughts, 9/10.
Jun 21, 2014 6:06 AM

Mar 2013
Ginko got trolled by a turtle, oh god I love this series.
Jun 21, 2014 6:11 AM

Aug 2012
This may have just been my favorite episode of the season. True, I still love the multiple of three episodes & all those perhaps left a bigger impression on me in terms of emotional impact but when it comes to atmosphere, I think this episode drew me in more than any other. Incredibly beautiful, relaxing experience. The swamp scene, is one of the best in the series. I loved it & it's not something you'd see anywhere else except Mushishi.

Which thank god has returned to us & we'll be doing so again. I'm not ready for this series to leave me again because it fills this void in anime & I've never found another anime that can quite match the experience of watching Mushishi. There's just nothing like it & this season is proves that. It's just as good as the first, if not better (& this season isn't even done).

This half of the season was really good. Each episode was distinct, providing something different to the table, exposing another facet of Mushishi. Some of them worked more than others but all of them had something to be mesmerized by, whether it be the visuals, the characters or in the case of the season premiere, the series return. Visually, the show improved outside of one minor nitpick I have. The lack of facial features when the characters aren't right up close to the screen. I don't remember this being a part of season 1 & it wasn't a huge deal here but it did bother me. On the sound department, it was basically perfect. In terms of the OP or even the multiple ED's, I'd prefer the first season. The Sore Feet Song will always be Mushishi to me. But for the actually score, the series just seems to have far excelled the first season here. Completely instrumental to many of the seasons best moments being able to carry the emotional resonance it needed to. Coming over from dub to sub, I do still prefer the dub but the sub is basically pitch perfect too.

Much like another show this season, Ping Pong the Animation, the score is really close to a 10 but just misses it for me. By, exactly one point too. But, nothing wrong with getting a 9, especially when it provides episodes like these.

Favorite Episodes (Air date order, not by favorites)
I. Beneath the Sea
II. Floral Delusion
III. Valley of the Welling Tide
IV. The Depths of Winter

Kinda redundant to list them since I already mentioned they were my favorites but still, these are the four episode that struck me the most & would likely wind up on a top ten favorite Mushishi episode list if I were to do one.
Jun 21, 2014 7:17 AM

Jul 2012
That was a slow one. I want second half of this season now!
Jun 21, 2014 7:19 AM

Oct 2012
That turtle was a cunning bastard lol. Let's meet again in Fall.
Jun 21, 2014 7:21 AM

Jan 2008
The past two episodes were kinda a disappointment. I understand Ginko doesn't always fix the problems but when nothing even happens, it's like I just watched nothing.

This season really seems to be using the overusing kouki element a lot too. I guess I can expect it to be the solution for many problems in the future.

Still enjoying but not getting the same vibes as I normally do when I watch Mushishi.
Jun 21, 2014 8:21 AM

Dec 2013
So this time was the mushi that interacts with Ginko and not the otherwise, beautiful way to end the season with a centric episode on Ginko also liked the lord of the mountain to be a turtle, has an air of grandeur and experience.

This show never disappoint me and can't wait for the second part and the specials.
Jun 21, 2014 10:18 AM

Jan 2012
Well that sure was a quiet episode...

Anyway looking forward to the next season :) soon :p
Jun 21, 2014 12:40 PM

Jun 2009
What a beautiful episode. Must be my favorite of the season.

It was magical how everything evolved from winter to spring—it felt like it was really coming to life. Then there’s the gorgeous underwater scene… And Ginko, of course. Mountain Lord sure knows what he’s doing!

Aw. It makes me terribly sad to part with Mushishi once again. I hadn’t realized it was the finale until the very end; my heart sunk. I miss it already.

Thanks for the wonderful journey. See you soon, Ginko.

Fall please come quickly. ;_;
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jun 21, 2014 2:04 PM

Apr 2013
Since I knew this would be the last episode of this cour, I almost thought, he would die or something, when he went into the swamp, and that maybe they'd revive him somehow in the second cour. But glad that didn't happen. Amazing Episode as always.

I watched first season for the first time right before second season came out, so I had my share of Mushishi for a few weeks now and don't know how it is waiting for a continuation so long, so having to wait now will be hard xD It always is so calming to watch and sometimes you really feel the beauty of nature^^ Like someone said before sometime, one of the reasons this show looks so gorgeous is that the trees look like real trees and the forests look like real forests, unlike in most other anime^^
Jun 21, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2009
couldn't resist

Jun 21, 2014 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
Bigbuffoon said:
TheSusurrous said:

By "will" you mean the Hihamukage special that aired awhile back? Or a new special episode?

No, I don't mean the Hihamukage episode. I don't know if it actually will be a 40 min special episode or two separate ones but anyway I can assure you that she will return!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it just me?

Jundal - Dec 29, 2023

9 by Lockensocke »»
Yesterday, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

125 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 23, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2014

175 by Pokitaru »»
Mar 2, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

93 by skatensleep »»
Dec 6, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2014

116 by skatensleep »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.