Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 2, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao, Renge and her imaginations:
http://i.imgur.com/v1UgS4r.png

Another decent episode but Natsumi in a box? LOL. That video of her when she was little is also cute imo just like this show.
Dec 2, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2011
That was a disaster of a festival.

I could actually smell that pen at the start... Such is the power of this anime.

Konomi's hair clips look like demon horns from the wrong angle.

Hikage getting her haircut. And a new character in her friend, although she didn't actually say anything. Somehow she gets pressured into coming all the way back home just for the cultural festival. Was it really worth it?

Bullying people into coming to the festival, with the power of words and the power of the Ren-chon.

Animal cafe.

Hotaru the cat
Renge the giraffe
And Natsumi the UMA
Komari tryiing to get out of it.
And Suguru the faithful dog.

Konomi trying to chear up Komari after a failure of a play with Renge, who wants to continue.
Natsumi's side show was even more of a disaster though. Water spilled everywhere. At least there's no broken glass or anything.

And no food gets made because they can't work out how to do it. Everyone gets something to eat in the end though. Except Natsumi. And Suguru.

Konomi really is an optimist.

Slinkies! I remember them. They used to get all tangled up all the time, though.

The distractions take over, and turn to arguments as Natsumi pulls out an old essay of Komari's that's rather embarrassing. But then later things go back the other way and it is Natsumi that ends the episode cringing on the floor while the other two play games.

"I want to be a tulip"

"When I grow up I want to marry nii-chan"

Which is the more embarrassing?
kuuderes_shadowDec 2, 2013 1:35 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 2, 2013 1:40 PM

May 2013
Episode went by too quick again.

Renge as a giraffe, that's certainly unique. I thought she was a snail or some sort of insect at first.

Some nostalgia in this episode - old game consoles and blowing into the cartridges; slinkies; them popping jumping thingys; first grader memories.

kuuderes_shadow said:

"I want to be a tulip"

Marrying nii-chan, but too bad we didn't get to see his reaction or the rest of the video.
ClassiickDec 2, 2013 1:44 PM
Dec 2, 2013 1:46 PM

Sep 2008
Suguru as faithful dog!

I don't know, but I like this guy! xD
I wish he have more screentime xD
Dec 2, 2013 1:48 PM

Dec 2011
Hikage's haircut.

Before on the left, after on the right.

http://i.imgur.com/DZPc5FH.png

but too bad we didn't get to see his reaction or the rest of the video

You think he would have reacted? The only thing he's really reacted to this whole series is his clay figure getting squashed.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 2, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2011
Nice episode as always. This show is the only reason I don't completely hate Nondays :P
Dec 2, 2013 2:15 PM

May 2012
"Marrying Nii-chan" is definitely more embarrassing xD
Ah man, this was the Nattsun episode! There may have been another one supposedly elsewhere, but It hink this is really the moment Nattsun got to shine!

Man Hotarun is good o_o That costume was done really well! And Koma-chan was suuuuper adorable in it!!
Dec 2, 2013 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
LOL at the video on that VCR tape. Little Natsumi was so cute. Natsumi's reaction to when she said she was gonna marry Suguru was hilarious.

Another funny episode. Poor Komari having to wear that costume and play the belly drum. That UMA bag mask though haha
Dec 2, 2013 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
It feels like the episodes are over waaaaay to fast. Even though they are 20mins+ it feells like 10mins. I could probably watch this show for an hour each week.

Amazing episode! Aaaaah, those toys, i remember them :D
Dec 2, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
Worst festival ever! lol. I had tears of laughter running down my face while watching the first part. I thought Renge was a snail after candy shop told her she would make them eat them but no its a giraffe! Oh my poor sides hurt!

2nd part was just as good with those retro games and the video tape... ^_^
Dec 2, 2013 2:58 PM

May 2013
Komari in that costume, so cute. That video tape was soo funny.
Dec 2, 2013 3:09 PM

May 2013
As always, Ren-chon is cute.

That Natsumi memory tape video was soo cute *-*

The festival may not have gone successful but hey, everyone had a nice'ish time c:
Dec 2, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2010
Such an intense play.They had to practice it for years!

Ren-chon <3
Dec 2, 2013 4:36 PM

Jun 2013
LOL the most I've laughed in awhile. The fact that a small school like that wanted to hold a cultural festival XD totally seems like it's making fun of the big cultural festivals we see in typical school life anime. The play and the "magic trick" LOL

And Ren-chon, breaking the 4th wall, as expected of her character.
Dec 2, 2013 4:46 PM

Jul 2013
Lol such a bizarre cultural festival, but Komari and Renge made it funny XD. Dem memories that they have, Natsumi was cute when she was little on the tape XD.

Dec 2, 2013 4:49 PM
Jul 2013
Ren-chon's face xD
Faithful dog
And that video tape, so ADORABLE! :D

Mmmmm so relaxing. ~.~
Dec 2, 2013 4:50 PM

Apr 2012
Lol, little Natsumi in the video. Guess it's just payback for all the embarrassing things she's done to her sister~ XD

Dec 2, 2013 5:13 PM

Jan 2011
what the others said, all of it! =D and the neko mimi looked so cute! ^^ and i have to like an episode where an SNES appears. =) but i disagree to one thing: i could not watch this show for 4 ks ever 7 days, 2 ks are perfect, but i want it every 7 days for the rest of my live!! the bad part of zhis episode is that it was the 9. already ... =/
Dec 2, 2013 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
Not much Hotarun this episode but the rest of the characters got awesome moments. I'm gonna be sad when this ends.
Classiick said:

kuuderes_shadow said:

"I want to be a tulip"

Marrying nii-chan, but too bad we didn't get to see his reaction or the rest of the video.

Definitely more embarassing. I wonder though if it might have been less funny if they showed his reaction. Not that I know how he would react anyways.
Dec 2, 2013 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
Dat Ren-chon cry face.
http://imgur.com/g4gINW1

Ren-chon Giraffe.
http://imgur.com/tNZ51Qy

OMG RACCOON KOMARI IS TOO CUTE<3.
http://imgur.com/56xx7UK

Lol @ dog Suguru.

Quite an awkward school festival,especially Komari XD.
Dec 2, 2013 5:26 PM
Apr 2013
this show is legendary, not much of the best character hotaru though.
Dec 2, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2011
I actually saw Renge was a giraffe straight away.
Dec 2, 2013 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was a lot of fun and more than made up for my otherwise stressful day.

Komari's tanuki costume was adorable. Since she was in a play with Renge, I suppose she represented Gu.

Suguru as the faithful dog, entirely unnoticed by Hikage, was a riot. I like how Suguru was briefly shown constructing his doghouse while the girls were discussing whom to invite to the festival.

The scene with Natsumi's toy box was classic. All of her toys were 1970's vintage. The little creeping thing on a string used to be sold in vending machines. If you attached the end of the string to a button on your shirt, it would look like you had a strange pet. I used to buy them from machines that were in the entrance of a neighborhood grocery that has long since closed down.

As most others have pointed out, the home-movie of Natsumi as a little girl was precious. For once the episode ends with Natsumi being humiliated instead of Komari. I like how Komari, instead of rubbing it in, is trying to cheer Natsumi up before the closing credits roll.

Next week's looks interesting. Renge singing a love song.
Dec 2, 2013 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
Lol @ dat ending.
Dec 2, 2013 7:33 PM

Apr 2012
who is the girl in the right??

http://i.imgur.com/rBUCPff.jpg
なんとかなる
Dec 2, 2013 7:37 PM

Oct 2013
TyrantRC said:
who is the girl in the right??

http://i.imgur.com/rBUCPff.jpg

I think Konomi. Hikage in the center.
Dec 2, 2013 8:26 PM

Jun 2010
Come on guys. That's a giraffe, how can you not get that?

Dec 2, 2013 8:35 PM

Feb 2012
Classiick said:
Episode went by too quick again.

Renge as a giraffe, that's certainly unique. I thought she was a snail or some sort of insect at first.

Some nostalgia in this episode - old game consoles and blowing into the cartridges; slinkies; them popping jumping thingys; first grader memories.

kuuderes_shadow said:

"I want to be a tulip"

Probably no reaction, this guy gives zero fucks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2013 8:35 PM

Apr 2013
Hotaru is so mature looking with that outfit.
Dec 2, 2013 9:49 PM

Sep 2013
Bum! Bum! Badda-bum!
Dec 2, 2013 10:41 PM

Aug 2013
greebo said:
I thought Renge was a snail after candy shop told her she would make them eat them but no its a giraffe! Oh my poor sides hurt!

Same! I almost died laughing haha! "They're not antennae. You don't know, do you?"

Kono-chan just fast-talked Hikage haha. Ren-chon doing that teary-eyed manipulation, Candy Store didn't stand a chance XD

Ren-chon's new toy = the black panel fade to black at the end of animes and manga. So random! It's not supposed to be funny but the fact that a 7-year old came up with it is the punchline.

Hotarun seemed like the most normal of all but she just had to go "the ears I made for senpai is the best!" *blush*

Poor Koma-chan always getting humiliated. But at least she and Kono-chan got the last laugh after watching Nattsun's embarrassing video XD

Maaan those toys...I had all of those! The slinkies that always get tangled, those poppy things that you usually stick to your forehead and that string thingy that I used to tie on my belt XD Kids these days are missing out on a lot of awesome toys.
xcheeDec 2, 2013 10:45 PM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 2, 2013 10:46 PM

Dec 2011
I had thought Ren-chon was a snail at first. Then she started telling them to guess and I instantly gave up, thinking it would be something stupidly obscure and unguessable.

Ren-chon thus managed to catch me out twice there.
Dec 2, 2013 11:00 PM

Apr 2011
That festival is lame.

I love the end though. XD
Dec 2, 2013 11:01 PM

Nov 2011
Knowing there is not many episodes to go makes me soooo sad xD
Loving this still really enjoyable and a good anime to watch when you wanna just chill out.
Dec 2, 2013 11:43 PM

Nov 2008
such a great anime ~
Dec 2, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2012
How can 1 anime be so damn based?
its like im watching aria or azumanga daioh for the first time again.
any word on whether or not sentai is doing this on bluray?
either way, im importing the FUCK outta this
Dec 3, 2013 12:18 AM

Jan 2013
Another lovely episode.
I don't think a male character has said a word in this anime. Where are they
Dec 3, 2013 12:50 AM

Nov 2012
Lol, wanted the other two girls two payback laugh at her at the end there so much.

Dec 3, 2013 1:26 AM

Aug 2008
So cute and amusing, as always.
Dec 3, 2013 2:09 AM

May 2013
This show makes me so happy. Easily one of the greatest anime this season.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Dec 3, 2013 2:42 AM

Nov 2010
Am i the only one who wanted Hikage to bring her cute friend with her? :D

Great episode ... that Renge Face <3
Dec 3, 2013 4:48 AM

Dec 2011
hgeronimo said:
Am i the only one who wanted Hikage to bring her cute friend with her? :D

Nope. But then again one person's train fare all the way to/from Tokyo just for ... that cultural festival was a bit much in itself.
Dec 3, 2013 6:39 AM

May 2010
Poor Natsumi in the beginning, your mom is everywhere xD

Hika-nee is so lovable (lol, I am calling her 'nee' when she is only in highschool, so weird xD) Can't resist Renge's cuteness, that giraffe! UMA, pffft.

Koma-chan's outfit, so cuuuute; I saw real moe today, bye bye real world

That play, xD XD I just knew it, the glasses will fall and the moment they fell, I couldn't breath; so hilarious! xD Nii-chan participated in his own way. Poor Natsumi but she got what she deserved

Loved Natsumi's toys. Komari's essay was just as cute as her. Young Natsumi was so adorable, got trolled with her video tape xD
Dec 3, 2013 6:45 AM

Dec 2011
Natsumi's UMA looked nothing like the one in the episode preview from last time. I wonder if that's what it was originally meant to look like...
Dec 3, 2013 7:25 AM

Nov 2012
"guess what? when i grow up i'll marry nii-chan" aww how cute :D
loved the cultural festival even though it was quite a mess :D suguru as the dog was the highlight.
Dec 3, 2013 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
Their brother and that dog house was so funny and no one even noticed him which is the best thing of all.
Komari putting on that act was also a funny moment especially the reactions of the others around her, not to mention Kono-chan trying to cheer her up.

Also that last scene with Natsumi with the video was nice.
Dec 3, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2013
Am I the only one that noticed that since the grandma of the candy store either died or is no longer able to take care of herself that delinquent-san got the job? Probably after having some troubles with the law (I do not mean nothing major, in japan the police will scold you in the street if they deem you are too young to smoke) in Tokyo and being dragged back to the rural village by her parents (she probably has no skill nor drive to get a soul suckingreal job). ATM her parents are probably trying to marry her to some spinless bastardlucky individual so she can start her own family, medetachi, medetachi.
Dec 3, 2013 10:08 AM

Aug 2011
Ren-chon's crying face: You will (not) resist.

Only 3 episodes left. =/
Dec 3, 2013 11:20 AM

Dec 2011
mangamuscle said:
Am I the only one that noticed that since the grandma of the candy store either died or is no longer able to take care of herself that delinquent-san got the job? Probably after having some troubles with the law (I do not mean nothing major, in japan the police will scold you in the street if they deem you are too young to smoke) in Tokyo and being dragged back to the rural village by her parents (she probably has no skill nor drive to get a soul suckingreal job). ATM her parents are probably trying to marry her to some spinless bastardlucky individual so she can start her own family, medetachi, medetachi.

What?

You know Kaede isn't actually a delinquent, right?

But anyway, the candy store was probably run in the past by the grandmotheras a sort of retirement hobby. Such a place wouldn't need to make much money. Then grandma stopped being able to run it and Kaede decided she wanted to take over, rather than just letting it shut down.
That's how I see it, anyway.
Dec 3, 2013 1:33 PM

Oct 2012
So so episode but maybe it's because it was so different compared previous calm and heartwarming episodes. Disaster bunkasai I would call it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

162 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 21, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

262 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 21, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

263 by Lowsttt14 »»
Mar 30, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

234 by bassyey »»
Mar 2, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

192 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 12, 2:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.