Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 25, 2008 6:30 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just saw this last episode RAW. Everything was pretty much predictable. So, you dont really need to watch this last episode, the ending is funny and might be a bit... not for minors XD
Sep 25, 2008 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
It's finally the last episode - there were some more predictable episodes earlier, so this one is not too bad^^

number 596 in presenting order .. omg that party is too superlatively
Blondie and his partners act like small brats.. why does Yuuto get depressed about stupid people like him -_-'
The Sanzenin grandfather clone was Haruka's grandpa, kinda expected since he couldn't be someone else.
LOL, I would have never expected they go like H-scene in the end.. Mika and the others eavesdropping should be obvious, including mother and grandfather xD

When I saw the preview for this series, I thought it will be exciting but then there was a huge potential to fail such an animation by omitting the plot and putting too much effort in fanservice.
The first some episodes showed that this show could do better. But after this there were some very boring episodes, what was to make up with the final 2. The end was well done, so I'll give it 7/10 points.
Sep 25, 2008 10:19 PM

Sep 2008
Yea, the last ep was pretty predictable. It went almost exactly as I thought it would except that I was expecting the party to drag out longer so that he wouldn't give Haruka her present until the very end of the episode. Defintely liked the series tho, I hope it comes out on english dvd soon ;)

Sep 25, 2008 10:24 PM

Jul 2008
Just this RAW! The ending not for minors????LOL at the ending cause it WAS NOTHING! Anyways, it was good! I HATED the piece of crap Blondie that almost CRUSHED Yuuto's present. BTW WTF AND WTH was the point of the rainbow eel to censor the kiss??? What the?????

It was a good thing that father punched his own stupid son! The father freaking out on Yuuto after finding out the kiss was PRICELESS! Better run really FAST Yuuto!

The grandfather turns out to be Haruka's father's father. COOL! He sure saved Yuuto's ass then again Yuuto did help him.

HAPPINESS TO ALL WITH THESE MEMORIES UNTIL SUBS COME OUT:
The parody of queen, king and PRINCESS.

THOSE TWO! SOME MUCH TROUBLE THIS TIME! TOO MANY PEOPLE LOOKING AT THEM!

I HATE THIS PART SOOOOOOO MUCH, I WOULD PUNCH BLONDIE RIGHT AWAY!

THANK GOD SOMEONE PUNCHES BLONDIE! THANK YOU LORD FOR JUSTICE IS SERVED!

NOGIZAKA YOUNG IS SOOOOOOO KAWAIIIIII!

THIS IS THE KISS BUT WHYYYYYY IS IT BLOCKED BY THE EEL???

See in subs time.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 26, 2008 12:02 PM

Jul 2008
kiss block by the rainbow snake lol, overall a nice serie , was very enjoyable. not that much of a great story but many elements like cospplay,or otaku reference make it really special.
after haruka i really started to like mai goto, her onii-chan is awesome, i heard a lot but i think this was the best though :3

Sep 26, 2008 6:30 PM

Nov 2007
Nothing really special about the ending, but enjoyable series indeed.
I loved all the parodies, and I'm a sucker for almost any anime with an otaku character.

8/10
Sep 26, 2008 7:06 PM

Mar 2008
angel999, your way of writing makes my eyes bleed. Is the caps lock REALLY NECCESSARY??!??!?!?!??

The final episode was just like the rest of the show, unoriginal and predictable. Wanna count clichés?

- Total pansy gets to know the untouchable school idol by a stupid coincidence
- Protagonist actually met the girl before when they were kids
- Girl's parents are incredibly rich and live in a giant mansion in the hills
- Yakuza-like father opposes the bonding between boy and daughter
- Mother keeps father in check and supports bonding
- Slacker grandfather helps out the pansy protagonist too, of course "undercover" (Yeah right, because we didn't know from the second he showed up that he was the grandfather)
- Boy lives with his "hilarity ensues because they are drunk" sisters (of course he cooks, cleans, etc)
- Terminator maid

It goes on and on... How many times have you seen this shit before? Is some "moe" really all it takes for you to enjoy a show?

By the time I wrote this, 1846 users had rated this an average of 7.88. I don't know how this is possible. Do they have a different scale, rating from 7 (Abomination) to 10 (Masterpiece)? That would certainly explain the score.

I for one use the full 1 to 10, and because I somehow didn't hate this show during the first episodes I'm giving this a 3/10.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Sep 26, 2008 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
The last episode was predictable, but I like how the rich dude got owned. :)

@woop: OK, so you hated the show, but not all of us did. So many shows today use cliches as well. I mean, I expected the show to be cliche from the start, and I'm sure you did as well. No need to lash out at people just because they enjoyed the show while you didn't.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 26, 2008 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
woop said:
angel999, your way of writing makes my eyes bleed. Is the caps lock REALLY NECCESSARY??!??!?!?!??

The final episode was just like the rest of the show, unoriginal and predictable. Wanna count clichés?

- Total pansy gets to know the untouchable school idol by a stupid coincidence
- Protagonist actually met the girl before when they were kids
- Girl's parents are incredibly rich and live in a giant mansion in the hills
- Yakuza-like father opposes the bonding between boy and daughter
- Mother keeps father in check and supports bonding
- Slacker grandfather helps out the pansy protagonist too, of course "undercover" (Yeah right, because we didn't know from the second he showed up that he was the grandfather)
- Boy lives with his "hilarity ensues because they are drunk" sisters (of course he cooks, cleans, etc)
- Terminator maid

It goes on and on... How many times have you seen this shit before? Is some "moe" really all it takes for you to enjoy a show?

By the time I wrote this, 1846 users had rated this an average of 7.88. I don't know how this is possible. Do they have a different scale, rating from 7 (Abomination) to 10 (Masterpiece)? That would certainly explain the score.

I for one use the full 1 to 10, and because I somehow didn't hate this show during the first episodes I'm giving this a 3/10.

let me just ask one thing .... u dont like Lucky Star n such right ?
(and to laugh u went into the basement ?) whatever ^^at first of ur misunderstandings .... the show IS a clichee cause u should laugh over them its called satiric ... u know what it is ?
u can call Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu an anime/manga satire thats why u find all the clichees exaggerated like the main character itself as a over-MOE-d character.

i give this show a 11/10 xD

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Sep 26, 2008 7:59 PM

Feb 2008
well not like you coudlnt tell what was gonna happen. aside from the basic story, it was still fun to watch. the ending was somewhat sappy but you cant really expect anything epic.
Sep 26, 2008 8:26 PM

Mar 2008
RaiStorM said:

let me just ask one thing .... u dont like Lucky Star n such right ?
(and to laugh u went into the basement ?) whatever ^^at first of ur misunderstandings .... the show IS a clichee cause u should laugh over them its called satiric ... u know what it is ?

Ich gehe nicht zum Lachen in den Keller. Wenn du dumme Sprüche klopfen willst dann tu das in einer Sprache die du auch beherrschst.

I don't know how Lucky Star is related to this? It has nothing to do with my enjoyment (or lack of enjoyment) of this show. And yes I know what satire is, but it seems you don't. Here, read this.

No need to give me shit just because I don't like this anime.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Sep 26, 2008 8:41 PM

Jan 2008
ah kuck an na egal.... wennst mit meinem Pub-engrish n problem hast kann ich nix machen xD

i know and it fits ... it is satire pointed on animes/mangas :) and i want u to think over not just blame discoherently about a show u may started wrong-footed n_n

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Sep 26, 2008 9:17 PM

Dec 2007
Great anime!!! The extended song is awesome!!!!
.. Airwalk
Sep 26, 2008 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
The episode before this was terrible and I thought they could salvage it... I was wrong. So completely terribly wrong that I am still in a state of shock. The ending sequence... I wanted to skip ahead, once again.... just like episodes 10 and 11.

Amazingly great story until the episode 10. An okay story until episode 11. Completely forgettable by episode 12. In the end, I can't say I'm glad I watched this show. Watching a show that was perfectly executed so early on go to trash was... well... painful. And I mean that quite literally. *pops a couple aspirin*
Sep 27, 2008 12:40 AM

Jan 2008
I see that m.3.3.w reported earlier today that Nogizaka Haruka will be getting another season, apparently at the end of the episode it was announced.
Sep 27, 2008 12:54 AM

Jun 2008
This was a nice show, but that fucking snake pissed me off!
Sep 27, 2008 2:13 AM
Aug 2008
Orkel said:

I think the writers discussed it and said, "Really, we have got to stretch this out. If we show the full lip-lock in the final episode, we'll have nowhere to go in the second season."

Which is a little disappointing to me, because boys and girls sometimes manage to have interesting, dramatic emotions in the months and years following the first kiss. Fixating on the first kiss takes away from the depth and makes the characters flatter.

Oh, well, there will be other shoujo shows ... this show was fairly entertaining. Definitely not a deep and thought-provoking anime, more like a "Gee, that voice actress sounds cute" anime.
Sep 27, 2008 3:02 AM

Nov 2007
Like the rest of the episodes, this one's very predictable and cliche, but enjoyable. Overall, the series wasn't exactly great for me, but it did have a certain appeal that kept me watching.
Sep 27, 2008 5:20 AM

Feb 2008
Hmmm...
The ending was nothing special.
Not good not bad.
Average.
The same goes for the anime itself.
7/10
Sep 27, 2008 8:03 AM

Jan 2008
kisami said:
well not like you coudlnt tell what was gonna happen. aside from the basic story, it was still fun to watch. the ending was somewhat sappy but you cant really expect anything epic.

qft!

I wasn't expecting a work of high art. This show was enjoyble to watch, that's all. I had a good time watching it and would downld the next epi as soon as it was availible, so proof that I was eager to see it.

Cliche? Of course! Moe dependent? You bet! But it was still fun.
Sep 27, 2008 9:10 AM

Aug 2008
This show started out with promise, but by the end it was meh. The secret and Shiina weren't played out nearly enough.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Sep 27, 2008 9:48 AM

Aug 2008
I can say th final was ute...
a little predictble but cute
despite all it was a good serie
絶対大丈夫だよ

Sep 27, 2008 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
aww 12 episodes was sooo short
but i would like it if they made an OVA of it
and the ending was like any other ending

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Sep 27, 2008 12:03 PM

Apr 2008
Predictable, yes. A lot, really. But ah well, it was a nice way to end this series, I don't think they could do anything else.
Sep 27, 2008 12:36 PM

Nov 2007
haha that was nice~

oh FYI~ the original light novel is still publishing, so the story is not finished yet~

hoping to see more in the future ^^
Sep 27, 2008 3:07 PM
Apr 2008
i knew the outcome was that haruka was going to like yuuto's give the most and the gramps was her grandpa, but it was still good.
Sep 27, 2008 5:24 PM

Jun 2007
Ending disappointed me more then I expected it to do.
If they are going to mix some comedy into an anime like this, then I'd like my ending scene without some people interrupting because they were eavesdropping and suddenly falling in the room because of that. And some water snake suddenly swimming into the picture just when the protagonists are finally kissing isn't necessary as well.

The story was pretty much nothing special really, filled with every cliche such a show can have.
Yet I still quite enjoyed this and will therefore give it a 7 over a 6 out of 10.
Sep 28, 2008 8:51 AM

May 2008
A good serie. A bit predicable but still amusing here and there.
Sep 28, 2008 9:01 AM

Jun 2008
It was fun, I guess, but I can't believe they resorted to that in the last couple episodes. I'm sure there were hundreds of better options.

Oh well, decent series. I enjoyed it.
Sep 28, 2008 10:33 AM

Aug 2008
Someone PLEASE explain something to me. Why the F*&% is it that 97% of romance anime either doesn't end up with a kiss at all at the end or its censored like it was here? I mean I can list 20 shows off the top of my head where this happens! What the freaking hell? It's such a miserable way to end a series and it happens aaaaall the time! Is Kimikiss Pure Rouge just a fluke or am I missing something here?

F&^%!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Sep 28, 2008 11:44 AM
Oct 2007
lol. I think they hid that Haruka x Yuuto kiss because it was supposed to be a "secret". -_- It drove me nuts though. I wanted to kill that snake.
Sep 28, 2008 1:31 PM

Jul 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
Someone PLEASE explain something to me. Why the F*&% is it that 97% of romance anime either doesn't end up with a kiss at all at the end or its censored like it was here?

Because without a kiss you leave open a chance for a second season with the "big kiss" scene. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but a kiss in Japan is a bigger deal than it is in the West.
Sep 28, 2008 5:51 PM

Jun 2008
predictable again, bu still really enjoyable. they need to do more romantic comedies like this 8/10
Sep 28, 2008 6:05 PM

Jul 2007
Last 2 eps were kinda cheap, I'm dissapointed with the ending. (the show was ok overall, 9/10)
Sep 28, 2008 6:59 PM

Feb 2008
my high hopes were for nothing, but "ok" series overall
Sep 28, 2008 7:00 PM

Jul 2007
WTF i demand MORE. This shouldve developed into a love triangle. What was the point of even bringing Shiina in if they werent gonna use her. Come on i want moooorrree. i demand another season. *_*
Sep 28, 2008 7:18 PM

Jun 2008
he was going to get laid is all i can say until everyone came crashing in, it may have been predictable but i still enjoyed this anime which is what matters to me.

-skullking123-
yea i was wondering what was the point of introducing shiina to the anime, i'd like a second season that would be something like a love triangle.
Sep 28, 2008 7:38 PM

Jan 2007
the scene in Haruka's room was hot. overall, gets a 7 from me.
Sep 28, 2008 7:59 PM

Jun 2007
pretty good ending, a little cliche, but good nonetheless

Haruka's outfit was cute
the cake was a lie, and was huge
i liked yuuto screaming "HARUKA< HAPPY BASUDAY"
Yuuko's sister and teacher are awesome drunks
Blond Ass ass is an ass
he even stepped on clumsy aki chan :(
umm... they exaggerate a lot on presents
yuuto's depression was easily dominated by gramps
and he stepped on the blonde shit, yay
i loved his expression when haruka was happy, and gendou shook his hand xD
lol at the blond getting punched xD
bed scene was really nice
made me feel like i was watching an h-scene
yuuto finally realizes that he is the kid that started haruka's ambition
umm.... LUCKY YUUTO
why censored kiss.. why god why?
but, at least we know that they finally CHUU'd
i lol'd at the mother eavesdropping with the whole family xD
and even the father, haha, so, yuuto and haruka now hold hands while running away from crying yakuza father.... cute
mika's outfits in the end were cute
and umm.. second season plz?
Sep 28, 2008 8:00 PM

May 2008
Good series.
Sep 28, 2008 9:02 PM

May 2008
Pretty predictable episode but still it was a nice show
for a second there in the kissing scene i thought they were gonna go all the way
i wonder if they hadnt been interrupted what would have happen lol
that blond guy was so annoying i so wanted to kick his ass but thank god his dad punched him lol

^_^
Sep 28, 2008 9:25 PM
May 2008
im happy it was a good ending. The scene at the end was a bit unexpected...but i knew they'd kiss eventually...i didnt think alone in haruka's room was going to be the scene. I am curious if they did kiss or not. I'm assuming really close? The dad going bonkers and the rich son's dad losin' it was a nice add on too! ^_^

:) yay!
Sep 28, 2008 9:39 PM

Jun 2007
formosan said:
Orkel said:

I think the writers discussed it and said, "Really, we have got to stretch this out. If we show the full lip-lock in the final episode, we'll have nowhere to go in the second season."

Which is a little disappointing to me, because boys and girls sometimes manage to have interesting, dramatic emotions in the months and years following the first kiss. Fixating on the first kiss takes away from the depth and makes the characters flatter.

Oh, well, there will be other shoujo shows ... this show was fairly entertaining. Definitely not a deep and thought-provoking anime, more like a "Gee, that voice actress sounds cute" anime.

Or maybe they put his hand(s) in a place thats not suitable for PG-13 :D. From the way that scene was going, it looked like they where planning to have sex right then and there.

Overall I'm happy with how the show went, although I do agree with the person that mentioned that the plot changed. Going into this show I was expecting more of the "We have to keep my anime obsession a secret from everyone" and less "Lets go on random dates and get watched by my sister and two maids". I think it would have been more interesting if it was more like that, o well.
Sep 29, 2008 12:23 AM
Apr 2008
All in all I thoroughly enjoyed watching this Anime. It is great, and in response to all the comments on the originality, all I have to say is that nothing is original anymore so there is no real point to complaining about it. Plus if I enjoy it, it is good.
Sep 29, 2008 12:33 AM

Feb 2008
Average anime, way above average ending, I was smiling throughout it :)
Sep 29, 2008 1:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Even this this was nothing I haven't seen before, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. 7/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 29, 2008 2:52 AM

Mar 2008
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu:

Twelve episodes of cliche-filled gags that, for some unnatural reason, did alright

10/10 this episode
9/10 this series
Sep 29, 2008 3:00 AM
Sep 2008
it was funny and enjoyable.. now to read the book, and wait to see if there's another one coming
Sep 29, 2008 5:51 AM

Jan 2008
all i can say is:
"Where is my kiss??"
after all how can they end a romance anime without the kiss
Sep 29, 2008 10:12 AM

Aug 2007
Di27 said:
all i can say is:
"Where is my kiss??"
after all how can they end a romance anime without the kiss

Same. 8/10 'cause it had no kiss!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 19, 2008

64 by toralbabs »»
Jan 27, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

63 by toralbabs »»
Jan 25, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 5, 2008

84 by toralbabs »»
Jan 20, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Aug 28, 2008

55 by toralbabs »»
Jan 17, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Aug 21, 2008

65 by toralbabs »»
Jan 15, 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.