Anime & Manga News

Staff and Cast Members Announced for 'Granblue Fantasy The Animation'

by Sakana-san
Aug 21, 2016 7:31 AM | 37 Comments
The official website for A-1 Pictures' upcoming anime adaptation of Granblue Fantasy has been launched and announced staff and cast members. Cast members from the game will reprise their respective roles. The website also released a new promotional video. The series is scheduled to broadcast in Winter 2017.

Cast
Glan: Yuuki Ono (Cheer Danshi!!)
Ruria: Nao Touyama (Macross Δ)
Bii: Rie Kugimiya (Gintama)
Kataria: Miyuki Sawashiro (Durarara!!)

Staff
Director: Yuuki Itou (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid)
Character Design: Toshifumi Akai (Kokoro Connect)
General Illustration Director: Asami Komatsu, Akira Takada
Prop Design: Akira Takada
Effect Animation Director: Takashi Hashimoto (Kekkai Sensen)
Art Setting: Shiho Takeuchi
Art Director: Masatoshi Kai (So Ra No Wo To)
Color Setting: Kazuko Wakahshima
Film Director: Kumahiro Sekiya
2D Works, Special Effect: Graphinica
Editing: Shouki Mishima
Music: Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children), Tsutomu Narita
Sound Production: Touhoku Shinsha

Opening Theme Song: "GO" by BUMP OF CHICKEN

PV


Official site: http://anime.granbluefantasy.jp/
Official Twitter: @anime_gbf

Source: Nijimen

News submitted by edge13

20 of 37 Comments Recent Comments

My ears already sold lol Promising one indeed.
I have seen many fan art too so definitely gonna watch this.

Hope this will be enjoyable.

Aug 23, 2016 2:09 PM by SeraNoona

I've never played the game before, but I've seen a lot of fan works. So I might check it out.

Aug 23, 2016 11:19 AM by mascarpone

Dylan21 said:
moodie said:
Total 48 episodes, split to 4 different cours

this gonna be fun


Source? If true, plenty of time for world building and character development so hope the staff do a good job.

------------------

Looks good, background art looks very nice, I like the character designs, has the original music composers and BUMP OF CHICKEN. Just hope the dragon design is at least better than MAPPA's one. Seems like this will be Magi type quality art and animation probably.



^THIS

And for the PV, i will give a shot.

Aug 23, 2016 6:32 AM by Vinci_Faisal

The artstyle reminds me of the Grimgar artstyle, so this will be really nice to see. Though the A-1 Hate is too much.

Aug 22, 2016 6:35 PM by Symphyon

Liesianthes said:
Infatuate said:
Oh, it's A-1 pictures 305th fantasy anime. I hope this is not another "trapped inside gamez" one.


It's not. lol. It's like a Final Fantasy story line.

jc9622 said:
Holy shit! Nobou Uematsu? That Nobou Uematsu?! That guy who composed the greatest OST of all time from Final Fantasy VII?!! The God of Sountracks?!!!

Kyaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

I am so going to watch this and my hopes for A-1 Pictures has 100% been fulfilled. The fact that they managed to hire one of the greatest music composers of all time is enough for me to forgive A-1 Pictures for a couple of years. I'm literally not joking and I am legit serious.

Also, BUMP OF CHICKEN? Were they the same band who did the Final Fantasy Type-0 Credits/ED Theme song?

A-1 Pictures, you are fucking kiling it in the soundtrack department. I salute you o7


If you play the game which is a major grindfest everywhere, you will hear a lot of eargasm BGM's especially the Bahamut one is my favorite.
The Final Fantasy franchise as a whole was a grindfest and that's what made it enjoyable because the rewards at the end are worth it. I hope I get the same feeling if I were to play this game. I'll get major eargasm? I'm going to make sure I keep that in mind xD.

Aug 22, 2016 10:46 AM by jc9622

I don't know if I like Ono Yuuki enough to watch this.

Aug 22, 2016 5:00 AM by Mayuka

tragedydesu said:
Mizunashi said:

>decent animation and art
I bet you didn't watched qualidea code because at this point I'm already doubting about the quality of animation A1 has to offer on this show right now lol.

every studio have some bad works
i think the majority of a1 picture have a decent art/animation (even if they have a shitty plot) at least better than studios like deen and toei

I really do hope though because so far this year for them is a shitty one, Grimgar for me is the only show that had better visuals for an average series.

Aug 22, 2016 4:59 AM by Mizunashi

Infatuate said:
Oh, it's A-1 pictures 305th fantasy anime. I hope this is not another "trapped inside gamez" one.


It's not. lol. It's like a Final Fantasy story line.

jc9622 said:
Holy shit! Nobou Uematsu? That Nobou Uematsu?! That guy who composed the greatest OST of all time from Final Fantasy VII?!! The God of Sountracks?!!!

Kyaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

I am so going to watch this and my hopes for A-1 Pictures has 100% been fulfilled. The fact that they managed to hire one of the greatest music composers of all time is enough for me to forgive A-1 Pictures for a couple of years. I'm literally not joking and I am legit serious.

Also, BUMP OF CHICKEN? Were they the same band who did the Final Fantasy Type-0 Credits/ED Theme song?

A-1 Pictures, you are fucking kiling it in the soundtrack department. I salute you o7


If you play the game which is a major grindfest everywhere, you will hear a lot of eargasm BGM's especially the Bahamut one is my favorite.

Aug 22, 2016 3:56 AM by Liesianthes

Holy shit! Nobou Uematsu? That Nobou Uematsu?! That guy who composed the greatest OST of all time from Final Fantasy VII?!! The God of Sountracks?!!!

Kyaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

I am so going to watch this and my hopes for A-1 Pictures has 100% been fulfilled. The fact that they managed to hire one of the greatest music composers of all time is enough for me to forgive A-1 Pictures for a couple of years. I'm literally not joking and I am legit serious.

Also, BUMP OF CHICKEN? Were they the same band who did the Final Fantasy Type-0 Credits/ED Theme song?

A-1 Pictures, you are fucking kiling it in the soundtrack department. I salute you o7

Aug 21, 2016 10:55 PM by jc9622

moodie said:
Total 48 episodes, split to 4 different cours

this gonna be fun


Source? If true, plenty of time for world building and character development so hope the staff do a good job.

------------------

Looks good, background art looks very nice, I like the character designs, has the original music composers and BUMP OF CHICKEN. Just hope the dragon design is at least better than MAPPA's one. Seems like this will be Magi type quality art and animation probably.

Aug 21, 2016 3:19 PM by CapedBaldy21

Dude, look at the one doing the music. Insta watch for me.

Aug 21, 2016 3:06 PM by Smudy

Hmmm I hope its good

Aug 21, 2016 12:09 PM by joe_g7

So it is going to be based on the game "plot" which isn't that great.

Aug 21, 2016 11:42 AM by Tazu

ooo look at that A-1 wants to show they're rich enough to afford BOC AND Uematsu for the hentai they're making

definitely a stain on their records

Aug 21, 2016 11:20 AM by zetsu_shoren

Mizunashi said:
tragedydesu said:
a1 picture animation and art are always great
hope for a decent plot

>decent animation and art
I bet you didn't watched qualidea code because at this point I'm already doubting about the quality of animation A1 has to offer on this show right now lol.

every studio have some bad works
i think the majority of a1 picture have a decent art/animation (even if they have a shitty plot) at least better than studios like deen and toei

Aug 21, 2016 10:42 AM by tragedydesu

I remember this got announced a while ago, I'm not interested in A1 garbage.

Aug 21, 2016 10:41 AM by alpha_shadow

tragedydesu said:
a1 picture animation and art are always great
hope for a decent plot

>decent animation and art
I bet you didn't watched qualidea code because at this point I'm already doubting about the quality of animation A1 has to offer on this show right now lol.

Aug 21, 2016 10:08 AM by Mizunashi

a1 picture animation and art are always great
hope for a decent plot

Aug 21, 2016 10:00 AM by tragedydesu

Please let Danua be included in this adaptation. I've always loved her fan art and such. ;^;

Aug 21, 2016 9:30 AM by Hana

Look so good. THe girls look so beautiful

Aug 21, 2016 9:17 AM by thepath

Related Database Entries