Anime & Manga News

Japan's Weekly Light Novel Rankings for Jan 18 - 24

by Snow
Jan 27, 2016 12:33 PM | 25 Comments
Here are the weekly light novel rankings for January 18 - 24

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

*1. 28,841 *94,941 Monogatari Series: Off Season Vol.2 "Wazamonogatari"
*2. 15,240 *15,240 Oda Nobuna no Yabou Vol.14
*3. 12,008 *12,008 Only Sense Online Vol.8
*4. *9,979 **9,979 Fairytale Chronicle Vol.9
*5. *7,851 **7,851 The New Gate Vol.6
*6. *7,225 128,025 No Game No Life Vol.8
*7. *7,117 *19,732 Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Vol.8
*8. *7,087 **7,087 Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e Vol.3
*9. *6,817 **6,817 Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de Vol.8
10. *6,771 **6,771 Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Vol.9

11. *6,712 **6,712 Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Vol.4
12. *6,702 *59,010 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Vol.1
13. *6,380 **6,380 Kagiya Kanmidokoro Aratame Vol.3
14. *6,298 **6,298 Sword Art Online: abec Artbook
15. *6,268 **6,268 Absolute Duo Vol.10
16. *6,246 **6,246 Assassins Pride Vol.1
17. *5,989 **5,989 Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Vol.9
18. *5,932 **5,932 Konjiki no Word Master Gaiden Vol.2
19. *5,697 *48,030 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Vol.2
20. *5,638 **5,638 Hiota no Kanojo ga Ore no Motteru Eroge ni Kyoumishinshin nanda ga Vol.1

21. *5,588 **5,588 Kyoukai Meikyuu to Ikai no Majutsushi Vol.3
22. *5,570 **5,570 Qualidea Code: Itsuka Sekai wo Sukuu Tame ni Vol.2
23. *5,368 **5,368 Romnia Teikoku Koubouki Vol.7
24. *4,820 **4,820 Isekai Yakkyoku Vol.1
25. *2,508 *71,588 Okitegami Kyouko no Taishoku Negai

Separated by Specific Ranking
Bunko
*5. 15,240 *15,240 Oda Nobuna no Yabou Vol.14
11. 12,008 *12,008 Only Sense Online Vol.8
26. *7,225 128,025 No Game No Life Vol.8
29. *7,117 *19,732 Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Vol.8
30. *7,087 **7,087 Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e Vol.3
35. *6,712 **6,712 Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Vol.4
36. *6,702 *59,010 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Vol.1
40. *6,380 **6,380 Kagiya Kanmidokoro Aratame Vol.3
41. *6,268 **6,268 Absolute Duo Vol.10
42. *6,246 **6,246 Assassins Pride Vol.1

43. *5,989 **5,989 Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Vol.9
44. *5,932 **5,932 Konjiki no Word Master Gaiden Vol.2
48. *5,697 *48,030 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Vol.2
49. *5,638 **5,638 Hiota no Kanojo ga Ore no Motteru Eroge ni Kyoumishinshin nanda ga Vol.1
(cut-off 5,629)


Book
*2. 28,841 *94,941 Monogatari Series: Off Season Vol.2 "Wazamonogatari"
10. *9,979 **9,979 Fairytale Chronicle Vol.9
22. *7,851 **7,851 The New Gate Vol.6
25. *6,817 **6,817 Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de Vol.8
26. *6,771 **6,771 Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Vol.9
31. *6,298 **6,298 Sword Art Online: abec Artbook
38. *5,588 **5,588 Kyoukai Meikyuu to Ikai no Majutsushi Vol.3
49. *4,820 **4,820 Isekai Yakkyoku Vol.1
(cut-off 4,804)


Literature Books Genre (duplicates removed)
19. *2,508 *71,588 Okitegami Kyouko no Taishoku Negai
(cut-off 2,470)

Source: Oricon Youtaijou

← Previous Week

20 of 25 Comments Recent Comments

Monogatari still going strong lol

Feb 1, 2016 1:09 PM by Kotarou_

kuuderes_shadow said:
Series rankings:
10位 *8,606部 Overlord


Overlord still rocking it for 30 weeks straight <3

Magnificent Ainz-sama.

Jan 28, 2016 12:24 PM by ichii_1

hoopla123 said:
eromangasensei said:


Mushoku tensei wont get bigger until the author removes it from syosetu. That's what SAO & MAHOUKA did and now look how much they rake in.


In MT's case, the LN are way too behind compared to the WN. I mean, we are already at the Redundancy chapters. If you mean by getting rid of the main story on syosetu and only making it available on the LN? Sure. But getting rid of his WN progress including his Redundancy chapters? Real fans would lose interest waiting 10 years for the LN to catch up. Not to mention the fact that the LNs are almost an exact word by word copy of the WNs
hoopla123 said:
eromangasensei said:


Mushoku tensei wont get bigger until the author removes it from syosetu. That's what SAO & MAHOUKA did and now look how much they rake in.


In MT's case, the LN are way too behind compared to the WN. I mean, we are already at the Redundancy chapters. If you mean by getting rid of the main story on syosetu and only making it available on the LN? Sure. But getting rid of his WN progress including his Redundancy chapters? Real fans would lose interest waiting 10 years for the LN to catch up. Not to mention the fact that the LNs are almost an exact word by word copy of the WNs


exactly, it's word by word copy. You can just find illustrations online & read the web version with it. I meant the former option, btw. Redundancy chapters are just fan pleasantries anyway.

Jan 28, 2016 10:23 AM by JetNoir

Figures for series rankings added to my previous post.

D-Joe said:
kuuderes_shadow said:


That link shows it as in stock?

"Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks." for me, if it's in stock they will just say in stock with green text as usual.
Kindle version is always in stock of course.


Sorry, I guess it was just "available to order". My bad. Still, as you can see above, there are definitely a lot of copies selling...

Jan 28, 2016 9:32 AM by kuuderes_shadow

eromangasensei said:
hoopla123 said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GO MUSHOKU TENSEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. FUCKING HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I really hope the best for Rifujin and Mushoku Tensei. He really deserves to succeed.


Mushoku tensei wont get bigger until the author removes it from syosetu. That's what SAO & MAHOUKA did and now look how much they rake in.


In MT's case, the LN are way too behind compared to the WN. I mean, we are already at the Redundancy chapters. If you mean by getting rid of the main story on syosetu and only making it available on the LN? Sure. But getting rid of his WN progress including his Redundancy chapters? Real fans would lose interest waiting 10 years for the LN to catch up. Not to mention the fact that the LNs are almost an exact word by word copy of the WNs

Jan 28, 2016 8:56 AM by hoopla123

hoopla123 said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GO MUSHOKU TENSEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. FUCKING HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I really hope the best for Rifujin and Mushoku Tensei. He really deserves to succeed.


Mushoku tensei wont get bigger until the author removes it from syosetu. That's what SAO & MAHOUKA did and now look how much they rake in.

Jan 28, 2016 6:55 AM by JetNoir

kuuderes_shadow said:
D-Joe said:

Well, it's not like they even bother to re-ship the LN at all.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/4906866220/ref=topnav_switchLang?ie=UTF8&language=en_US


That link shows it as in stock?

"Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks." for me, if it's in stock they will just say in stock with green text as usual.
Kindle version is always in stock of course.

Jan 28, 2016 4:09 AM by D-Joe

D-Joe said:
Paulo27 said:
And we never saw Grimgal on the rankings ever again... maybe.

Well, it's not like they even bother to re-ship the LN at all.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/4906866220/ref=topnav_switchLang?ie=UTF8&language=en_US


That link shows it as in stock?

Jan 28, 2016 3:54 AM by kuuderes_shadow

Paulo27 said:
And we never saw Grimgal on the rankings ever again... maybe.

Well, it's not like they even bother to re-ship the LN at all.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/4906866220/ref=topnav_switchLang?ie=UTF8&language=en_US

Jan 28, 2016 3:48 AM by D-Joe

Series rankings:
*1位 37,635部 Monogatari Series
*2位 33,920部 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
*3位 29,501部 Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
*4位 15,240部 Oda Nobuna no Yabou Kanzenban
*5位 14,822部 Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
*6位 14,260部 No Game No Life
*7位 12,228部 Only Sense Online -Only Sense Online-
*8位 *9,979部 Fairytale Chronicle
*9位 *8,625部 Sword Art Online
10位 *8,606部 Overlord
11位 Boukyaku Tantei Series
12位 Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
13位 The New Gate
14位 Eiyuu Kyoushitsu
15位 Nidoume no Jinsei wo Isekai de
16位 Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
17位 Sakka Alice Series
18位 Absolute Duo
19位 Assassin's Pride
20位 Sword Art Online Progressive
(source: Oricon website)

Jan 28, 2016 2:19 AM by kuuderes_shadow

15,240 *15,240 Oda Nobuna no Yabou Vol.14
*5,989 **5,989 Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Vol.9

hopefully Sakurako-san gets another boost next week :/ , the animation is top notch .

Jan 27, 2016 9:56 PM by giathuan2707

Snow said:
Here are the weekly light novel rankings for January 18 - 24

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

*1. 28,841 *94,941 Monogatari Series: Off Season Vol.2 "Wazamonogatari"

Source: Oricon Youtaijou

← Previous Week


AWESOME! 2 WEEKS IN A ROW! /o/

Jan 27, 2016 8:11 PM by Jiharo

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GO MUSHOKU TENSEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. FUCKING HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I really hope the best for Rifujin and Mushoku Tensei. He really deserves to succeed.

Jan 27, 2016 4:43 PM by hoopla123

Damn I didn't know that Kono Subarashii sold that well and it's nice to see Mushoku sales.

Jan 27, 2016 3:59 PM by bobzanny

And we never saw Grimgal on the rankings ever again... maybe.

Jan 27, 2016 2:22 PM by Paulo27

kuuderes_shadow said:
Ramkec said:
Lol out of first top 10, only Monogatari is somehow different, the other 9 are just c/p versions of each other.


From this post I can tell you are familiar with an absolute maximum of one of the other series. Either that or you just want to make yourself look like a moron for the hell of it.

Edit: upon investigation, it would appear Ramkec is familiar with precisely zero of the nine series in question. Why am I not in the slightest bit surprised?


Thanks Mr Detective. It sure was hard to investigate me and my list with 18 reading titles, and almost all of them are manga.

Tell me exactly again why are you mad so we can skip this formal stuff.

Jan 27, 2016 1:42 PM by Ramkec

*2. 15,240 *15,240 Oda Nobuna no Yabou Vol.14
17. *5,989 **5,989 Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Vol.9

Fab to see these two up there, Oda Nobuna especially, expecting Sakurako-san to get the bulk of it's sales in the next week or so. Hope the anime gave it at least a moderate boost.

The KonoSuba boost is rather large so early on, not surprising, the first couple episode were just fab, hugely enjoyable.

Jan 27, 2016 1:31 PM by VulgarLife

Ramkec said:
Lol out of first top 10, only Monogatari is somehow different, the other 9 are just c/p versions of each other.


From this post I can tell you are familiar with an absolute maximum of one of the other series. Either that or you just want to make yourself look like a moron for the hell of it.

Edit: upon investigation, it would appear Ramkec is familiar with precisely zero of the nine series in question. Why am I not in the slightest bit surprised?

Jan 27, 2016 1:10 PM by kuuderes_shadow

Lol out of first top 10, only Monogatari is somehow different, the other 9 are just c/p versions of each other.

Jan 27, 2016 1:04 PM by Ramkec

hpulley said:
Interesting, Absolute Duo v10 I thought came out on the 25th. Came out early or?


25th is the release date for MF Bunko J and MF Books titles this month, of which several (Fairytale Chronicles, Absolute Duo, Mushoku Tensei and Youkoso Jitsuryoku...) appear on the rankings. It seems they were released early by a few stores, though - Rakuten lists the release date as 21st.

Ever Princess titles also counted as released in w/c 18th January despite only coming out on 25th, although none of those made the rankings.

Jan 27, 2016 1:00 PM by kuuderes_shadow