Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 1, 2023 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
They're pushing this evil priest entity as one of the dangerous antagonists this season. I wasn't sold into it until they realized how dangerous he really is.

The background flashbacks involving soldiers and war were also brutal. Jesus Christ, that's the reality of being a soldier at war.
Oct 1, 2023 9:33 AM

Dec 2021
The mother's soul serving as a vessel is deeply concerning.

Keitaro, Yaoyi, and Eiko chose the next destination to be the "Old F Tunnel." Along the way, they attempted to retrieve another graduate raised by Yaoyi, but Keitaro's mediumistic nature inadvertently summoned more spirits. Unfolding an even greater terror upon the three of them.

The wailing spectral infant unexpectedly elicited a laugh from me. I wonder if that colossal apparition is harboring the essence of Yayoi's mother in its womb. Good Lord, I fervently hope they can effect her rescue soon, for that seems like an utterly harrowing fate. As for the new graduates, they prove to be quite intriguing, displaying a cooperative nature rather than a malevolent one, in stark contrast to their predecessor. Nonetheless, they still wield a palpable level of danger. The ethereal bite marks adorning Keitaro were profoundly unsettling. It's impressive how this anime continues to deliver on such chilling and eerie scenes. Also yeah, no new OP.

The New ED is ok.. I perfer the banger that was the last one. Though it has the same vibe, probably cause it's the same artist.

Oct 1, 2023 10:23 AM

Jul 2017
Onto another Rank S location: the old F tunnel in O City, but the matter of the mutilated arm relic taken from S Castle Ruins must be dealt with. And if there's anyone wanting to inflict on the fear of horror more, it's Eiko. The Seed of the Moonless Dawn a.k.a the Spectre of Death, it's a deadly evil spiritual force to reckoned with, that Keitaro and Yayoi are certainly not prepared for its developments. Going to the Old F Tunnel, Yayoi wants to pick up a Graduate-class spirit right at the bank of the T river. But aside from the High Priest, it's also dangerous because of his links to war and the numerous amounts of enemies onto him. Technically, both it and Yayoi are on good terms, and she wants to emancipate this spirit for their defense, but acquiring this spirit will not be an easy task.

The light illuminate from the TV shows the spirits' shadows, and Keitaro gets infused by one to show its past and gets forced by it to consume water...or rather, his blood instead as a substitute. Since all the spirits are leaned onto Keitaro, Eiko makes the pursuit to catch the Graduate and pass to Yayoi, allowing Keitaro to tie the Graduate down. Another doll to help tie Keitaro, and it's off to the main event: the old F tunnel.

Some new visuals in the OP, but for HanaKana's ED, the 2nd Cour song is just OK, the 1st Cour's better.
Oct 1, 2023 10:37 AM

Feb 2021
I knew that they will keep this OP for the second cour so I'm happy to see that they changed the visuals a bit. Listen to the full version btw, it's good.
We got antagonists!
出獄 (shutsugoku) - release (from prison) (translated here as "emancipate")
​So the soldier spirits aren't inherently evil, but they are agressive because of how they lived. I'm liking this!
This reminds me of Bungou Stray Dogs lol. They sure love their fisheye lenses.

The war flashbacks are so tragic.
I wonder if Keitaro's condition will ever be explained or it's just how he was born.
I can see Eiko somehow hindering Yayoi's progress down the road just for more thrill. I'll still love her though.
New ED! Calm, just like the first one. I like the visuals with all the graduates.
Cour 2 looking good so far!
EmbientOct 1, 2023 10:42 AM
Oct 1, 2023 10:48 AM
Aug 2020
dark like i like, it was another great episode

can't wait for the next one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 1, 2023 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
that baby was actually scary though and the animated war sequence was gorgeous and terribly sad. a good episode! eiko finally had a role there. wonder, what will happen next. was it just an illusion or is the ghost gonna follow her?
Oct 1, 2023 11:14 AM
Nov 2015
Looks like local Team Rocket is at again with their nefarious plots that involve Mom Stealing Ghost. And they were the ones who planted that hand to trigger murders.

Eiko is gorgeous with her new haircut and drip. Her yandere side keeps Keitaro scaroused and she got her dose of adrenaline when when those ghosts became visible.

Also turns out Castle H ghost is not the only ghost Yayoi is on friendly terms. But still it's incredibly dangerous anyway. And when Keitaro thinks they will get some rest, they need to go to the next target, there are no brakes in Yayoi's wild ride.
Oct 1, 2023 11:54 AM
Dec 2013
Days since last Eiko yandere face : 0
Oct 1, 2023 12:01 PM
Sep 2019
As always, another creepy episode this week. They're really going at it with these haunted places. It keeps on surprising me with how creepy it is, pleasantly surprised with it being a horror anime.

And Eiko still giving off great yandere vibes.

As always, I'm looking forward to next episode! And as said, it's great that they kept the OP the same, I really love it and it fits DG so well.
Oct 1, 2023 12:28 PM

Sep 2013
Too bad they spoiled all the graduates, they all look so cool, we also know which one is in the alien puppet now... he seems like the strongest of them all can't wait to see him in action, this is literally Pokemon but for occult enthusiast at this point xd
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 1, 2023 12:40 PM
Dec 2022
When did it came out ep 13 cuz I’m camping for it but still it didn’t release atleast for me
Oct 1, 2023 12:43 PM

May 2020
Dude literally almost dies every episode and still doesn't learn smh. I don't know at this point, I kind of think Eiko's reasoning about him is right.

Also Eiko's not a yandere, she's a psycho lol, though there ain't much difference between these two terms, but still that needed to be addressed. 

Anyways, wonder who that old man and his partner was? 
Oct 1, 2023 1:08 PM

Dec 2010
Surprised nobody mentioned the last moments of the new ED - Yayoi wakes up, emerges and looks at Eiko who stays lying in that liquid together with spirits. I wonder if it's some kind of omnious hint about the future developments or I'm reading too much into it.
Oct 1, 2023 1:23 PM

Feb 2019
Start of the second cour! Same OP with a few updated visuals and a new ED. The ED has some interesting symbolism with Yayoi and Eiko.. I wonder if that hints at future developments..

Things are getting more intense in the grand tour across Japan. Today’s stop is to deal with the spirits of deceased Japanese soldiers before continuing onto the Old F Tunnel.

Really horrifying to see what’s become of these people after their death. As Yayoi said, they’re even more bloodthirsty(quite literally) than murderers. The wailing baby apparition was quite horrifying.

Another tricky situation that Eiko, Yayoi and Keitaro were able to get through, Eiko in particular was big today. But that wasn’t even the real challenge?? Things are going to be even crazier next week. I wonder if that ghost is going to follow them as well.

Eiko yandere faces are getting even better lol I love her sm. seems like she’s getting even more insane as the eps go by, but I can save her
Marinate1016Oct 1, 2023 1:33 PM
Oct 1, 2023 2:30 PM

Aug 2022
I remember a while ago scrolling last a short on YouTube which showed a manga panel of a girl wearing a striped top with her hands around a guy with a really creepy expression.

It caught my attention but I never clicked on it. But after watching dark gathering I started to think that the manga panel I saw was from this show and this episode 100% confirmed it for me.

Eiko is a lunatic deep down and I love it. Tbh kei’s just as crazy as she is he just hasn’t really realised it fully yet,
Oct 1, 2023 2:37 PM

Jun 2021
It's as if Eiko is putting a curse on Keitaro. Or maybe she's actually right about him. Every time she's like that, she never fails to add to the creepy atmosphere.
Oct 1, 2023 3:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s October 1st, aka the beginning of spooky month, and what a better way to start the month than with a new episode of Dark Gathering, this was a great episode too. We got to see spooky Eiko come out again, not sure if what she’s saying about Keitaro is true or not but it’s definitely true for me lol, I love the feeling of being scared and the relief afterward, Keitaro seems like he’s not into the feeling but it could be an unconscious thing too, but personally I enjoy being scared while watching stuff or playing games, I wouldn’t want to go out and do what these lads are doing lol.

And the stuff with the undying soldier graduate was really cool, I’m a sucker for World War 2 stuff so I loved seeing the ghost soldiers and the backstory for the graduate, the ghosts acting like zombies also gave me COD Zombies vibes and the fact this graduate was known for not being able to die reminded me of Immortal Sugimoto from Golden Kamuy, so you could say this episode has a lot that I really liked lol. Eiko being the one to save the day this time was also cool to see, and now she’s even more into being spooked than ever before lol, this can only mean good things are to come.

And I’m happy to see the OP song didn’t change, but there were a few new visuals which I liked, the ED is new tho which I liked along with the visuals, but as of rn I prefer the first cour’s ED, hopefully this one grows on me more.
Oct 1, 2023 5:24 PM
Oct 2020
Damn, this show is really earning that Horror tag now after being pretty light in the first several episodes. This show is damn creepy.

The WWII memories were really powerful. Both sides making the Last Sacrifice for their countries and their beliefs must be remembered because that was real.

Eiko should be spelled psycho because that's what she is.
Oct 1, 2023 5:27 PM

May 2017
Still not enough Eiko. Keitaro needs some actual love with all he's having to bear.
"He who writes for fools always finds a large public. A precondition for reading good books is not reading bad ones: for life is short."
—Arthur Schopenhauer
Oct 1, 2023 5:47 PM

Sep 2021
Seems like the first human antagonists show up now... I like this world building!

Eiko was really something today. Both her heroic side, saving Kei from the Soldier Ghosts and her creep side being, well, her usual self.
Oct 1, 2023 6:32 PM
Sep 2021
I wuv yanaderes I wuv YANDEREs I wuv yanderes
Oct 1, 2023 6:59 PM

Dec 2022
Damn, this is getting better and better. Good fuking world-building and power structure.
Oct 1, 2023 8:23 PM
Jul 2023
Effexorpuppy said:
I wuv yanaderes I wuv YANDEREs I wuv yanderes

you’re so real for that
Oct 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Oct 2022
We finally get to see yandere eiko again. Forgot how creepy she is.

New ed sounds so chill. The old one was rlly good to tho(pretty sure its the same artist).
Oct 1, 2023 9:29 PM

Feb 2021
Oh so a fascist spirit this time...
Oct 1, 2023 9:35 PM

May 2019
Let's gooo..... oost! /Yayoi & Eiko

I've thought about this before and I'll say it again, I think Eiko gets a rush from doing this and she claims Keitaro does too but I'm not fully convinced Keitaro does it for the same reason Eiko does since Keitaro is helping Yayoi for her mom and himself and Eiko for their hand nerve issue.

Anyways, this was a good setup episode for the next s-rank haunting, a tunnel. We briefly saw 2 possible antagonists searching for the hand that Yayoi took. I don't believe they showed where the hand was going to be stored so maybe its still with Keitaro and the group. Besides the ghosts for the next haunt they may have to deal with those 2 guys as well.
Oct 1, 2023 10:30 PM
Oct 2018
oh they revealed that graduate in the ED huh, i guess we'll probs be skipping some of the smaller ghosts to ensure the anime ends like how the manga is ending (of which is implied to also be close to ending) without rush.
Oct 1, 2023 10:36 PM
Nov 2022
Finally another character appears, who seems to be some type of antagonist, let's see how this develops 🚬

I don't know why but I don't trust Eiko, she doesn't give me a good feeling ._.
Oct 1, 2023 11:28 PM

Mar 2019
Just this anime to make me see skeleton sperms :v
Oct 1, 2023 11:53 PM

Nov 2022
I know being scared is he's thing but hopefully he stops because its starting to get old now.
Oct 2, 2023 12:39 AM
Nov 2021
As usual all Keitarou does is be the victim. Not really looking forward to the whole "corrupt clergy" group that will be antagonists and the fact they are the ones who created Yayoi's nemesis, but ig it was about time for plot thickening even tho it doesnt really need it.
Oct 2, 2023 1:21 AM

Oct 2022
How tf did Eiko run that much? Like they were pretty close to the mannequin and I know she had to dodge those fallen soldiers but still.

I wish i had a gf just like Eiko she's hot, into horror and the good kind of crazy.
UndefeatedBahamut
Oct 2, 2023 2:12 AM

Feb 2021
It was a soldier that died in during the war and thirsty...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 2, 2023 2:18 AM

Aug 2013
Eiko looking psycho again. Is she being influenced by the curse?

Keitaro is missing some character building it feels. The "I can't deny" thing isn't really that great.
Oct 2, 2023 3:52 AM

Dec 2022
ig the reaason Eiko is acting this way is due to the effects of the curse shes under, like if u remember kei was also excited when they were catching that phone booth spirit and they both are under the same curse.
Oct 2, 2023 3:58 AM
Episode got over too quickly. So far the high priest of evil tongue is the strongest graduate. I wonder if the new graduate is as strong as him. Also, we finally saw Kishimonjin, he's supposedly at the same level as Spectre of death and they're going to clash in the future. There's also Kami…too many powerful entities xd
Oct 2, 2023 5:02 AM
Jan 2023
fuyukkun_ said:
oh they revealed that graduate in the ED huh, i guess we'll probs be skipping some of the smaller ghosts to ensure the anime ends like how the manga is ending (of which is implied to also be close to ending) without rush.

There's currently 13 volumes and the anime will probably end on volume 9 chapter 34.

And the manga won't be ending anytime soon.
Oct 2, 2023 6:05 AM
Oct 2019
I'm glad they didn't change the song, i like it.

The guy in a suit and the old man, definitely gonna coming back to that.

another Graduate, WWII soldier spirit.

LET'S GHOSSSTTT!!!

Second ED not as banger as the first ED, but hey It's Kana Hanazawa again.
Oct 2, 2023 6:40 AM
Sep 2021
A lot was revealed this episode especially the main villains who are somehow involved with the specter of death and also the castle H ruins incident and also we rescued another graduator from evil soldiers. Let's see what happens next.
AnimeSrkOct 2, 2023 7:03 AM
Oct 2, 2023 6:42 AM

Oct 2022
I feel bad for those soldiers who turned to ghost.. cause in real life, during the World War we know their are millions of men/boys who were forced to be a soldier then died from fighting, disease, famine, thirst just like what Keitaro saw.. let them rest in peace

Oct 2, 2023 7:06 AM

Nov 2022
Eiko so hot but she needs to chill a little bit lol.
Oct 2, 2023 8:21 AM

Oct 2017
The human antagonists showed up, ofcourse there's gotta be bad people. Hope their shitty plan turns on themselves.

Things got risky for the trio fast, Eiko's quick action saved the day, love her. Her expressions are just lovely. This graduate is interesting with it's gimmicks. Next up, the haunted spot.
Oct 2, 2023 9:02 AM

Jan 2013
This the japanese version of Scooby Doo
Oct 2, 2023 9:05 AM

Oct 2022
Second cour begins! The scene with Eiko and Keitaro definitely makes me believe now that the creature whom cursed them possessed Eiko and is making sure that Keitaro gets bound by the occult forever!

On the good side, we are at least getting a new male MC finally! Having only Keitaro would have made this even more annoying!
Oct 2, 2023 9:28 AM

Dec 2022
I'm surprised they didn't try and exorcise all of the secondary American soldier ghosts that are trying to eat the Japanese Graduate ghost. If they did that, they wouldn't have to worry about them causing trouble in the future.
Oct 2, 2023 10:08 AM
Sep 2010
turn the car around, stay far far away from that bloody tunnel XD
Oct 2, 2023 10:21 AM
Mar 2015
The graduate saved them Let gh ost to the F Tunnel Eiko certainly is possessed
Oct 2, 2023 10:50 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to basskiller
I know being scared is he's thing but hopefully he stops because its starting to get old now.
@basskiller Why would he stop being scared? keitaro is just an average guy, he doesn't have super powers that can make him go toe to toe against the ghosts. Plus, these ghosts are all different and don't follow a pattern so it's not something one gets used to, even more so when your life is at stake each time.
Oct 2, 2023 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Tsinelas
I feel bad for those soldiers who turned to ghost.. cause in real life, during the World War we know their are millions of men/boys who were forced to be a soldier then died from fighting, disease, famine, thirst just like what Keitaro saw.. let them rest in peace
@Tsinelas Look up Nanjing Massacre and let me know if that changes your mind.
Oct 2, 2023 3:14 PM
Jan 2023
Great episode again! The new antagonists are introduced, they seem interesting enough, and we also find out that they are the ones who created the spirit Yayoi is after taking down. I guess we'll see where that part of the plot goes, I guess it's one of those things that they'll come back to later.

This new graduate is certainly an interesting one, and as someone who is interested in history, it's great to see this sort of thing shown in an anime. From what I've read, what they've shown here is historically accurate, albeit brief.

Keitarou nearly got himself killed again, this time he nearly got bitten to death by ghost soldiers trying to quench their thirst on his blood. They must have been really desperate to get to that point when they were still alive.

Eiko is being just as terrifying as always with that creepy smile of hers, and for some strange reason, she's always super excited about risking her life on these ghost missions. Oh and she could actually see the ghosts this time thanks to the TV way out in the middle of nowhere, presumably powered by the graduate.

Can't wait to see what happens next week at the tunnel, if it was me, I would have turned the car around and gone home, but it's Eiko and Yayoi we're talking about, so we know that's not going to happen.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2023

121 by BigAChonk »»
Oct 16, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

115 by Muow »»
Sep 17, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

69 by Muow »»
Sep 16, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2023

115 by Muow »»
Sep 15, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2023

75 by Muow »»
Sep 15, 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.