Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Lille Barro showed up in this season after all, armed with a gun also known as X.

On the other hand, I think the 12th Division has been on fire recently with their activity. Kirio takes action to defend the Supreme King's palace while we finally get to see more action from the Royal Guard, specifically Senjumaru. Tbh, seeing the Royal Guard is a refreshing sight. They're obviously very tough but it was great to see them show their skills on screen.
Sep 23, 2023 7:29 AM

May 2020
It’s kind of already clear at this point that this ain’t the first time Yhwach’s trying to pursue the unreachable, which is soul king, though looking back to the last time and now, the chances that he’d succeed are unrealistically high. I mean he just entered and had Senjumaru and her troops surround him from literally everywhere, but that did so little.

We were kind of shown that there’s only two more people accompanying Yhwach on his way to the soul palace, but that was so untrue. As he does have an army of sternritters under a single snap of finger who were fighting for him. First one being that creep with a literal twisted tongue, the ‘W’, and he does wreak some confusion, but gets folded quickly by Senjumaru within a minute. She from squad zero after all, but that one-sided affair had a short-living.

I mean it’s weird to see fucking SNIPERS in Bleach, for reasons known, but that was certainly a moment when he blasted Senjumaru’s head like nothing… but to see even that was according to the script, it tells why these people are from squad zero. They created a literal fake soul palace to trap the baddies of Yhwach, and then it was just slaughter.

From the entrance to their deeds, folks from squad zero are wreaking havoc. Cool to see Oetsu packing a few from the bunch just like that… but it’s time we get the main thing, Yhwach vs Ichibei. And there Ichigo's gang is on their way too, with Ganju as well.
Sep 23, 2023 7:29 AM

Dec 2021
It seems the Zero Division are beginning to enjoy themselves.

Finally, Yhwach set foot in the Soul King Palace's main avenue and gazed up at the Imperial Palace. He was greeted by Shutara, who welcomes Haschwalth and Uryu. Ordered by The Blade of the Soul King, the battle began, but Nianzol's abilities from the shadows rendered the attacks ineffective. However, Shutara's expression remained unchanged. Meanwhile, in the underground of the former Twelfth Division barracks, before Ichigo and Orihime, who were attempting to ascend to the Soul King Palace using the established artillery, the man, the myth, Ganju appeared!

The Royal Guard is here in full force, and they certainly lived up to the hype. I was half-expecting Shutara to pull off a switcheroo, but she went above and beyond by conjuring an entire fake palace. And Nianzol's name sounds like something you'd find on a medicine label for sore muscles. That Sternritter's sudden appearance sent chills down my spine. I guess Yhwach kept the cream of the crop Star Knights in reserve to take on the Royal Guard. How Nostalgic... Ganju's arrival, that is. We're finally going to witness the results of his newfound powers and training, aren't we? I also liked the addition of that anime-only scene in the beginning of the episode. It's very needed for what's to happen next week. This must be the signal for Ginjoo and the gang to make their entrance. And it's great to see the remaining Sternritter and learn about their unique abilities.

It seems they're setting up the Sternritter vs. the The Royal Guard for the two-episode finale!

Sep 23, 2023 7:42 AM

Jun 2014
That flashback at the beginning of the episode was crazy, even though I haven't reached this arc yet as I continue my Bleach re-read, I definitely remember that NOT being the manga. THIS is how you elevate source material with anime-original content.

Yhwach has finally reached the Soul Palace and is immediately confronted by Squad Zero, but it turns out they made a fake Soul Palace. That's an expected precaution, no way they would just let Yhwach waltz in that easily. Senjumaru was seemingly defeated with ease, but that was part of the illusion. But my god, after the rest of Squad Zero showed up, the GOAT Nimaiya did his fucking thing. This dude cleaned up those Sternritter without even breaking a sweat. That whole sequence was amazing. What a fantastic episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 23, 2023 8:06 AM

Feb 2021
great episode for a variety of reasons
Sep 23, 2023 8:22 AM

Jan 2019
NIMAIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

With the zombie shit finally over, we're focusing now on the Royal Palace battles, the flashback between Ichibei and Yhwach was really interesting and important, it's always good to see these additional scenes that aren't in the manga, I wish we had more of these but it seems like there will be more and more starting with Cour 3, this episode itself is pretty much 100% anime original.
We also saw Schutzstaffel for the first time without their cloaks: primarily Gerard Valkyrie and Lille Barro against Squad 0 members.

I was expecting more new anime content than sakuga for this particular episode, so I'm pretty satisfied with it, remember the ~big sakuga~ cuts are being saved for episode's 26 battle. (possibly being directed by Taguchi himself)

Sep 23, 2023 8:33 AM
Oct 2019
Favorite episode so far next to the as nodt and kenpachi one
Sep 23, 2023 8:35 AM

Jul 2012
HOLY SHIT, SO MUCH NEW STUFF!

I was waiting for a major adaptation expansion like this, now I'm hyped to whatever the next 2 cours will have in store for us (considering that these two cours are adapting 2 thirds of the remaining content by themselves, we have an entire cour worth of new content for this arc, and I guess this episode is where this expansion to the plot starts).

Next ep should be an hour special with the 2 final eps airing together just like last season, and luckily, even already counting this episode, it's my favorite portion of this entire second invasion <3

That's another easy 5/5 episode for this cour. I did not expect this one to get me more hyped than with the Kenny fight, but in the end, I'm even more interested in the new content tbh haha
DanpmssSep 23, 2023 8:41 AM
Sep 23, 2023 8:35 AM
Dec 2017
AHHH THEY ABSOLUTELY COOKED. Kubo basically dropped a new manga chapter with all these new additions. Favorite episode of the season for me.
Sep 23, 2023 8:39 AM
Feb 2023
Kubo really cooked with that 4 min flashback scene at the first
Sep 23, 2023 8:41 AM

Oct 2009
Great episode. Possibly the best of the cour so far. It's cool how the studio made Yhwach resemble old man Zangetsu in the beginning flashback. Helps drill home that old man Zangetsu is a piece of Yhwach. The manga never gave us anything like that. The fight with the royal guard was really well done. I was hoping Nianzol's fight would be extended, purely because I find his schrift more interesting than most of the other quincy. I don't remember Ishida using antithesis on Yhwach and the medallion in the manga. Regardless, it was a cool way to help Yhwach escape from the prison. Next week's episodes are going to be insane.

On another note, Orihime's boobs are just comically huge at this point. She's 17. Each of her boobs are literally bigger than her head. This is not humans work lol

Sep 23, 2023 8:42 AM

Dec 2015
I have expected alot of stuff but the anime-only delicious flashback scene of Licht Reich meeting + explanation on why Yhwach didn't had Almighty during the Licht Empire's Invasion 1k years ago, damn....
Sep 23, 2023 9:04 AM

Aug 2019
I loved the added anime-exclusive scene at the beginning since it added context that was missing in the manga.

However the pacing of the rest of the episode suffered as a result; Stern Ritter W's screen-time was cut short, and they skipped Kirinji's "fight" which bugs me a little. Also they rearranged things and had Yhwach escape the Cage of Life and confront Ichibe ahead of time. The Tenchuren interaction scene in the middle of the episode was the worst part though; it dragged on way longer than it had to and was unnecessary imho. The episode was solid aside from that.
Early_MorningSep 23, 2023 10:44 AM
Sep 23, 2023 9:08 AM
Oct 2020
I really hope the Zero squad actually get to show their bankai's
Sep 23, 2023 9:09 AM

Oct 2017
Finally the vs squad zero fight is here and they are powerful as expected. I like Senjumaru Shutara, she's beautiful. Hyped for the big fight.
Sep 23, 2023 9:11 AM
Jun 2023
The real show begins now 🔥
Sep 23, 2023 9:19 AM
Aug 2021
absolute pelam peli by zero squad 🔥🔥
Sep 23, 2023 9:21 AM
Sep 2021
The fight of the Quincy and their king against the squad zero for the soul king has just begun.
Sep 23, 2023 9:23 AM

Dec 2015
Loved the episode and added scene, Squad Zero is way too cool, next episode gonna be wild
Also glad those melons got some screen time...
Sep 23, 2023 9:26 AM

Jun 2019
It's finally here. The showdown between the Yhwach and Squad Zero. They give me a fright for a moment there but then I realized how strong they truly are. Just the way they talk and present themselves is so cool. I love them. Can't wait for the next episode. It's gonna be amazing. Also, nice to see Ganju again.
Sep 23, 2023 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
Absolutely amazing! Can't wait for what comes next.
Sep 23, 2023 9:41 AM

Jul 2011
With that meeting, feels like the whole Quincy extermination anger is just blame shifting. Soul Society was just chilling and Yhwach decided to be edgy.

Everyone is brave with their guns until the samurai begin to cut the bullets.

I'm thankful for the Shutara screentime.
Sep 23, 2023 9:52 AM
Oct 2022
nimaiya cooked man can't wait for next week
Sep 23, 2023 10:05 AM

Apr 2023
Naah, Bleach is clear, like nothing even comes close, this is fu*ckin awesome man, just wish the previous ass arcs had the same level of love and care as TYBW.

FU*CKIN GOATED!

ME AFTER THIS EP
Kamquat420Sep 23, 2023 10:28 AM

Sep 23, 2023 10:10 AM
May 2015
As expected everyone changes their tune with how trash this season has been with one episode lol.
Sep 23, 2023 10:16 AM

Jan 2021
Squad 0 ain’t no joke 🔥🔥🔥 there all menacing especially that big guy
Sep 23, 2023 10:21 AM

Nov 2014
The power levels are so messed up in bleach it doesn't even make sense anymore.
You need a new enemy, just make him stronger have him 1shot everyone *pikachu surprise face*.
The same later gets 1 shot, 2nd *pikachu* face. It gets boring the 50th time they do it.
I know i shouldn't expect anything more from bleach but it just ruins it so much.
Sep 23, 2023 10:26 AM
Jul 2022
"I am number one zanpakuto creator" Nimaya Oetsu>>
Sep 23, 2023 10:27 AM
May 2022
best episode of this season
Sep 23, 2023 10:34 AM

Feb 2014
The baddest bitch there is in Bleach, I want Kubo to write so much more about her.

Sep 23, 2023 10:38 AM
May 2021
Peak shitt still, Bleach supremacy 🔥 gas season
Sep 23, 2023 10:41 AM

Apr 2021
absolute fire episode
Sep 23, 2023 10:42 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to cry4heals
You need a new enemy, just make him stronger have him 1shot everyone *pikachu surprise face*.
The same later gets 1 shot, 2nd *pikachu* face. It gets boring the 50th time they do it.
I know i shouldn't expect anything more from bleach but it just ruins it so much.
@cry4heals That's most Bleach fights, unfortunately. And yet some people still have the audacity to call it "peak" despite pretty much every fight in the series following the same clichés over and over again.
Sep 23, 2023 11:15 AM

Oct 2012
Reply to cry4heals
@cry4heals I agree on power levels in general but it's not an issue in this episode in specific . Squad 0 are supposed to be this strong. Ichibei and Ohetsu in particular have been alive for maybe millions of years as Ichibei invented all names and Ohetsu invented Zanpakuto, they are supposed to one-shot everybody.
Everything else like Senjumaru's tricks is a surprise as Yhwach and Royal guards don't know her abilities. Royal guards powers are also a mystery for Squad 0
This fight so far is really well made

For all the plot twists in Bleach it's part of the charm of it. Kubo takes us on a rollercoaster and it's just fun. The community embrassed all his Asspulls and we enjoy it
Sep 23, 2023 11:17 AM

May 2012
Holy moly, crazy additions with Ichibei and Yhwach, nice to see them focus on the Lichtreich too.
Sep 23, 2023 11:21 AM

Mar 2013
Y.H.: These are my Royal Guards.
1 hit K.O.'d

This episode was EPIC! and way too fast compared to the previous episodes.

Ichigo and co. looks like they're going to make it, however, Y.H. used a substitution jutsu... lmao

I'm glad the character named "Senjumaru, Shutara" didn't die that easily in this episode but the way her, copy? died was seriously creepy. Those sounds of creeking were so accurate while her body was turning into a ball of paper.
CrazyButNot4USep 23, 2023 11:26 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 23, 2023 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
I love me a good reference.
Tho I gotta say really dislike Orihime's outfit tbh.

Edit: it also seems like they changed a lot as well. Was the fight like that in the manga? They felt underwhelming in it and I don't think they fought as a team like that.
RPWPASep 23, 2023 11:40 AM
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 23, 2023 11:33 AM
Mar 2022
The amount of hype i felt watching this is insane. And Oh-Etsu Namiya's sword is too powerful to be kept in a sheathe? His sword legit cuts everything. He's literally Vergil from DMC.

"You said it yourself. You put everything you have on those scales of yours.
Because if you merely followed others, while being lost and adrift yourself...
without ever truly weighing your decisions and consequences... then you just may come to regret everything."
Sep 23, 2023 12:01 PM
Sep 2023
Amazing 🔥🔥🔥
Sep 23, 2023 12:11 PM

Aug 2019
@uvei It's a shame that you couldn't articulate the proper words to form an actual cohesive rebuttal for why you believe my opinion is wrong.

I wonder how many non-manga readers will be able to figure out Pernida's true identity based on the clues in this episode. I admit that I was grossed out a bit when the fake Shutara was turned into a meatball. Despite most of it being obscured, it still sounded so gross lol.
Early_MorningSep 23, 2023 12:32 PM
Sep 23, 2023 12:16 PM
May 2021
numba 1 zanpakto creator
Sep 23, 2023 12:16 PM
Oct 2021
Damn!! 😱😡🔥🔥
Amazing Episode!! 😍🤩
Crazy Divisi 0 Ability!! 😤🔥
Sep 23, 2023 12:20 PM
Feb 2018
That was a fireeeee episode!! Bleach back on track.
Sep 23, 2023 12:41 PM
May 2021
What a badass episode 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Squad 0 is hella OP but..... we manga readers know what gonna happen.. sigh
Sep 23, 2023 12:42 PM

Sep 2015
I really like Uryuu on the background. Did he used blut vein around his eyes?
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Sep 23, 2023 12:51 PM

Mar 2019
That hot chubby girl has the power of Hashirama cells lol 🌳
Sep 23, 2023 1:11 PM
Jan 2021
that episode was one of the greatest in TYBW
I really started liking the royal guards. Nimaiya was on fire!!
Sep 23, 2023 1:13 PM

Nov 2017
Squad 0 is absolutely badass. I hope they get their chances to shine in the anime.

Terrific episode, especially the extra added part in the beginning. It adds so many layers to the story. I could have done without the Ichigo and friends prolonged scenes, though. They kind of ruined the pacing.
Sep 23, 2023 1:15 PM
Mar 2023
finally got a good eps from these 2nd cour 🤧🤧🤧
Sep 23, 2023 1:19 PM
Aug 2020
it was agreat episode

they were not joking...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

96 by Danuczc »»
Sep 17, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

298 by wallus81 »»
Sep 13, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2023

229 by wallus81 »»
Sep 13, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2023

283 by wallus81 »»
Sep 9, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2023

238 by wallus81 »»
Sep 9, 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.