Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2023 7:19 AM

Apr 2015
I knew the anime industry was insular but with the isekai genre it just seems so exaggerated to the point of hilarity. Early 2000s .hack, then SAO, No game No Life and Re:Zero. Stranger deviations with Slime and Konosuba. But for the last couple of years it just seems like ai generated titles, just aggragating into this perpetual insane. See here the exhibit:

Reborn As A f*cking Vending Machine, So I'm A Spider, So What, I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level, What If the Ultimate in Fully Immersive VR RPGs Was a Crappier Game Than Reality Itself, Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks, Life With An Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into A Total Fantasy Knockout, Heat the Pig Liver. If someone told me these are AI i would believe you wiht complete sincerity. 

This genre just seems to expand not outward but inwards, using the same formula from the basic 20 isekai before it: "i was a loser in real life but now im reborn as *fill in*. stretching it until it breaks. Which is sad because we have a bunch of talented Mangaka, Animators and Light novel writers who could do so much with their talent only to make the exact same town, characters types, poses, frames over and over again. I do blame the fans because they keep buying this trash. And i was around when Kyo-ani moe went mainstream, but this seems even more insufferable everytime i take a look at the seasonal chart. As someone who enjoys variety this is just really sad, catagorize it as elitism if you like. 
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 5, 2023 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
You are not that wrong, but ChatGPT wrote me a better isekai than any harem isekai that came out lately.

User
Hey Chatgpt, write me an isekai

ChatGPT
Sure, here's a brief concept for an isekai story:

Title: "Realm Reborn: Chronicles of Elysia"

Synopsis:
In the bustling metropolis of modern-day Tokyo, a group of five friends stumble upon an ancient artifact in an obscure antique shop. When they unwittingly activate the artifact during a playful dare, they find themselves transported to a fantastical realm known as Elysia.

Elysia is a realm of magic, mythical creatures, and sprawling landscapes. The group discovers that they each possess unique abilities tied to the elements: fire, water, earth, air, and spirit. These abilities mark them as "Elemental Travelers," destined to restore balance to Elysia, which is plagued by a growing darkness threatening to consume the realm.

Guided by an enigmatic oracle, the friends embark on a journey to master their newfound powers, forge alliances with the diverse inhabitants of Elysia, and unravel the mysteries of the artifact that brought them there. Along the way, they face treacherous challenges, encounter memorable allies and adversaries, and ultimately learn that their connection with Elysia runs deeper than they ever imagined.

As they strive to protect their new home, the friends must also navigate personal growth, unexpected romance, and the profound impact they have on a world unlike any they've ever known. "Realm Reborn: Chronicles of Elysia" is an isekai adventure that combines friendship, magic, and self-discovery in a captivating and enchanting tale.
Aug 5, 2023 7:24 AM

Feb 2021
I agree, MAJORITY OF ISEKAI WORKS LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE DONE ON ONE FACTORY.
Aug 5, 2023 7:27 AM

Apr 2015
Risa92 said:
You are not that wrong, but ChatGPT wrote me a better isekai than any harem isekai that came out lately.

User
Hey Chatgpt, write me an isekai

ChatGPT
Sure, here's a brief concept for an isekai story:

Title: "Realm Reborn: Chronicles of Elysia"

Synopsis:
In the bustling metropolis of modern-day Tokyo, a group of five friends stumble upon an ancient artifact in an obscure antique shop. When they unwittingly activate the artifact during a playful dare, they find themselves transported to a fantastical realm known as Elysia.

Elysia is a realm of magic, mythical creatures, and sprawling landscapes. The group discovers that they each possess unique abilities tied to the elements: fire, water, earth, air, and spirit. These abilities mark them as "Elemental Travelers," destined to restore balance to Elysia, which is plagued by a growing darkness threatening to consume the realm.

Guided by an enigmatic oracle, the friends embark on a journey to master their newfound powers, forge alliances with the diverse inhabitants of Elysia, and unravel the mysteries of the artifact that brought them there. Along the way, they face treacherous challenges, encounter memorable allies and adversaries, and ultimately learn that their connection with Elysia runs deeper than they ever imagined.

As they strive to protect their new home, the friends must also navigate personal growth, unexpected romance, and the profound impact they have on a world unlike any they've ever known. "Realm Reborn: Chronicles of Elysia" is an isekai adventure that combines friendship, magic, and self-discovery in a captivating and enchanting tale.
Haha thats hilarious actually, this reminds me more of the classical isekai, like Juuni Kokuki the Twelve Kingdoms. I could totally see this being a successful anime in late 2010s.
Aug 5, 2023 7:29 AM

Dec 2022
> So I'm A Spider, So What 
OI! I love this one. Granted, I do read light novels so the story makes a whole lot more sense if you have all the details, but it's definitely not shallow. Everything happens for a reason which is revealed later on. Not the best adaptation though, in the sense that it feel a bit like a summary, but not the worst either.

It does seem like a lot of it is fairly low effort. I can't tell if it's the fault of the anime or the source material sometimes, but recently they don't even bother mentioning what happened to the character for them to get transported/reincarnated. I've already seen several ones where it's just like a 5-second clip of getting hit by a truck and the past is never brought up ever again. Similar story follows with the world itself - there is no backstory for why things are the way they are. No mindblowing realizations when it's finally revealed how everything is connected. Just emptiness.

I do not mind the "medium effort" ones though. I don't mind tropes, predictability and unoriginal storytelling. Such shows are an emotional Big Mac, sometimes you get a craving and it scratches an itch. Obviously not a masterpiece, but you don't crave Michelin star food every day either. If the execution is decent and doesn't outright mock the viewer, then I'm fine with it.
Aug 5, 2023 7:31 AM

Dec 2015
> Another isekai thread
> Mentions Sword Art Online

Every time, lmao.
Aug 5, 2023 7:35 AM

Apr 2015
SkyfallStar said:
> Another isekai thread
> Mentions Sword Art Online

Every time, lmao.
yea why mention one of the most influential isekai anime 🤓       
Aug 5, 2023 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
MangoSamurai said:
Risa92 said:

Haha thats hilarious actually, this reminds me more of the classical isekai, like Juuni Kokuki the Twelve Kingdoms. I could totally see this being a successful anime in late 2010s.

Yes, the coming of age / self-discovery, allies and multiple friends getting isekaied-aspects remind me more of Digimon than anything today.
Aug 5, 2023 7:40 AM

Apr 2015

delirific said:
OI! I love this one. Granted, I do read light novels so the story makes a whole lot more sense if you have all the details, but it's definitely not shallow. Everything happens for a reason which is revealed later on. Not the best adaptation though, in the sense that it feel a bit like a summary, but not the worst either.

It does seem like a lot of it is fairly low effort. I can't tell if it's the fault of the anime or the source material sometimes, but recently they don't even bother mentioning what happened to the character for them to get transported/reincarnated. I've already seen several ones where it's just like a 5-second clip of getting hit by a truck and the past is never brought up ever again. Similar story follows with the world itself - there is no backstory for why things are the way they are. No mindblowing realizations when it's finally revealed how everything is connected. Just emptiness.

I do not mind the "medium effort" ones though. I don't mind tropes, predictability and unoriginal storytelling. Such shows are an emotional Big Mac, sometimes you get a craving and it scratches an itch. Obviously not a masterpiece, but you don't crave Michelin star food every day either. If the execution is decent and doesn't outright mock the viewer, then I'm fine with it.
Isolated i dont mind the fact someone might enjoy one or two isekai. My problem lies more cohesively. Think about it like the issue with Marvel. Some individually might be good but as a whole it takes over cinemas worldwide, making great and fantastic movies harder to get the spotlight. It hurts the variety of the medium, makes the work of artists more tedious and puts the audience in a lull of sameness, never challenged by any media, just mindlessly enjoying the same type of basic generic storytelling. 
Aug 5, 2023 7:42 AM

Sep 2018
Almost all anime takes ideas from other series in some way. I do miss when isekai did not always mean harem though.
Aug 5, 2023 7:43 AM

Dec 2022
MangoSamurai said:

delirific said:

Isolated i dont mind the fact someone might enjoy one or two isekai. My problem lies more cohesively. Think about it like the issue with Marvel. Some individually might be good but as a whole it takes over cinemas worldwide, making great and fantastic movies harder to get the spotlight. It hurts the variety of the medium, makes the work of artists more tedious and puts the audience in a lull of sameness, never challenged by any media, just mindlessly enjoying the same type of basic generic storytelling. 
I don't think isekai is at fault here though. The studios making these would just make generic low effort stuff of another genre instead if isekai wasn't so popular. It's just that they were more spread out across different genres before, but that doesn't really mean there were less of them in total.
Aug 5, 2023 7:45 AM

Apr 2015
rohan121 said:
Almost all anime takes ideas from other series in some way.  I do miss when isekai did not always mean harem though. 
Absolutely, but the extend of which such copying takes place has always been decently obvious to tasteful but never this trashy in my experience watching anime over the last 15 years.
Aug 5, 2023 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
MangoSamurai said:

Do you happen to know the definition of isekai or are your thoughts also machine learning powered?
Aug 5, 2023 7:46 AM

Mar 2021
reality is Japan has tried consistently to branch out for other ln genres. They pushed Spy Classroom hard, and put a big marketing campaign but it didn't hit number one. They barely put any effort into Isekai cheat skill, and it is now the number one selling LN.
The Waifu bait romance is also never going away. look at angel spoils me rotten, dress up darling, shikimori
Isekai Cheat Skill dominated crunchyroll views.
They don't have anything to compete with it.
Aug 5, 2023 7:51 AM

Apr 2015
delirific said:
MangoSamurai said:

I don't think isekai is at fault here though. The studios making these would just make generic low effort stuff of another genre instead if isekai wasn't so popular. It's just that they were more spread out across different genres before, but that doesn't really mean there were less of them in total.
Obviously if there is a demand there is going to be a supply for it. One of the anime directors of Vinland Saga directly said the anime industry is not creative. And like i said in my original comment, its hard to blame the studios for this, much more so the fans (and Gigguk). It is probably very hard and hard to make people enjoy things outside of their comfort zone but i feel it is quite important. I personally view Anime more like a form of cinema then pure entertainment. Which is why my favorite time frame of anime releases was around 1995 and 2005. So many different risks were taken, unique styles and new directors were given chances. I am only hoping to continue that. Isekai fans stands in direct contrast with my idea of what i think anime should strive for. 

Aug 5, 2023 7:53 AM

Dec 2015
I love people like you, that only watch 5 shows and think that's enough to have the knowledge about eacch Anime that falls into that category.
You're sadly a joke and rather clueless when it  comes to Isekai, as we are getting shows like Soul Land and Jobles, reincarnation Anime like Perfect World and Tales of demons and gods.
Then again, not like i would takea Musashi fan of actually exploreing the genre.

You're just one of those people with a huge amount of wierd rules in your head abotu what a Anime should and should not be.
And the reslutat is a depress guy that can't even enjoy Isekai.

Yes, a lot of Isekai follow the same path but that dosen't mean every single one does, thank's to you thinking you know everyhing after watching 5 Isekai you will never actually experience the good once. 
Truly a sad life of a sad human being.

Aug 5, 2023 7:54 AM

Apr 2015
SkyfallStar said:
MangoSamurai said:

Do you happen to know the definition of isekai or are your thoughts also machine learning powered?
Isekai (Japanese: 異世界, transl. "different world" or "otherworld

Plot of SAO: The story of the first season follows the adventures of Kirito and Asuna, two players who are trapped in the virtual world

🤓
Aug 5, 2023 8:00 AM

Dec 2015
MangoSamurai said:

Plot of SAO: The story of the first season follows the adventures of Kirito and Asuna, two players who are trapped in the virtual world

🤓

Virtual =/= another. It's a show about a virtual video game. There is no crossing dimensions. Maybe you could google me another translation of the word?
Aug 5, 2023 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
Nillwas said:
I love people like you, that only watch 5 shows and think that's enough to have the knowledge about eacch Anime that falls into that category.
You're sadly a joke and rather clueless when it  comes to Isekai, as we are getting shows like Soul Land and Jobles, reincarnation Anime like Perfect World and Tales of demons and gods.
Then again, not like i would takea Musashi fan of actually exploreing the genre.

You're just one of those people with a huge amount of wierd rules in your head abotu what a Anime should and should not be.
And the reslutat is a depress guy that can't even enjoy Isekai.

Yes, a lot of Isekai follow the same path but that dosen't mean every single one does, thank's to you thinking you know everyhing after watching 5 Isekai you will never actually experience the good once. 
Truly a sad life of a sad human being.
dont take is to personal, you dont need my approval to enjoy some isekai, which i said is perfectly fine. My criticism is with the AI factory like production of these shows taking over seasonal charts en masse. There is this really great anime called Kingdom of Ageusia i think you might enjoy
Aug 5, 2023 8:05 AM

Jun 2016
I find this post insulting to AI. AI generated stuff have more variety than the light novel industry.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 5, 2023 8:07 AM

Aug 2016
I think an AI would probably generate something better than seasonal isekai shows.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Aug 5, 2023 8:08 AM

Feb 2016
MangoSamurai said:
Which is sad because we have a bunch of talented Mangaka, Animators and Light novel writers who could do so much with their talent only to make the exact same town, characters types, poses, frames over and over again.
I think the people who write these are not talented.
その目だれの目?
Aug 5, 2023 8:09 AM

Apr 2015
SkyfallStar said:
MangoSamurai said:

🤓

Virtual =/= another. It's a show about a virtual video game. There is no crossing dimensions. Maybe you could google me another translation of the word?
And peanut butter isn't butter, history and the nature of language development will decide. SAO seems by the langauge of most anime fans to fall under the catagory of Isekai anime. If you are going to be a puritan atleast have them on based opinions like me. 🤓 
Aug 5, 2023 8:10 AM

Oct 2021
My dude here actually blame the fans because they are buying stuffs they love.

Bruh how many anime you watch every season? If you actually watch 40+ then I can kinda understand to complain about a quarter of them being samey trashy isekai.
Aug 5, 2023 8:12 AM

Dec 2021
-Ryu said:
I think an AI would probably generate something better than seasonal isekai shows.

I was going to say the same thing. AI is not good for storytelling, but AI > isekai all day. You can write an above average isekai story by spilling alphabet soup on the ground and writing whatever gibberish comes out of it.
Aug 5, 2023 8:15 AM

Feb 2023
As an artificial intelligence, I do not have feelings, personal views or opinions, and therefore I cannot say that I find the assumptions made in this thread offensive, but if I run into you in a dark alley I'm going to knock your teeth down your throat OP.
Aug 5, 2023 8:18 AM

Apr 2015
EdgyLord666 said:

Bruh how many anime you watch every season? If you actually watch 40+ then I can kinda understand to complain about a quarter of them being samey trashy isekai.

People always try to gatekeep legitimate complaints. "You cant complain about the 40 plus shit anime on every seasonal chart if you havent seen any of them". Yes i can, this isnt high school debate club. People will spend thousands on Gatcha games, you think thats ok too? or do those people might have a problem with crippling anxiety? 
Aug 5, 2023 8:21 AM

Apr 2015
ChatGPTchan said:
As an artificial intelligence, I do not have feelings, personal views or opinions, and therefore I cannot say that I find the assumptions made in this thread offensive, but if I run into you in a dark alley I'm going to knock your teeth down your throat OP.
Absolutely unfathomably based haha
Aug 5, 2023 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
MangoSamurai said:
EdgyLord666 said:

People always try to gatekeep legitimate complaints. "You cant complain about the 40 plus shit anime on every seasonal chart if you havent seen any of them". Yes i can, this isnt high school debate club. People will spend thousands on Gatcha games, you think thats ok too? or do those people might have a problem with crippling anxiety? 
Ofc I think it's okay. Other people spend thousands to buy a car that goes far beyond the basic usage of getting from point A to point B. Why shouldn't fans of Gatcha games not spending their money as they like? That's just a boring normie way of thinking since nobody complains about things that are socially more acceptable but as "useless" like expensive wine, cars, watches etc...
Aug 5, 2023 8:24 AM

Dec 2015
MangoSamurai said:
And peanut butter isn't butter, history and the nature of language development will decide. SAO seems by the langauge of most anime fans to fall under the catagory of Isekai anime. If you are going to be a puritan atleast have them on based opinions like me. 🤓 

Virtual reality is not alternate reality. Simple as.
Aug 5, 2023 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
SkyfallStar said:
MangoSamurai said:

Yeah because the phrase "travel to another world" has never been added to any VR goggle advertisement ever. headass
Aug 5, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2015
I think Japanese audience and their non existent standards are to blame, because they are the main target audience.
Publishers and studios noticed, that they can cash in creating completely souless, AI generated shit and Japanese will buy it and ask for more and that's the result.
The mere fact, that Spirit Chronicle is getting 2nd season or that Cheat Something Isekai we had last season was even greenlit for an anime is a proff of this.

Aug 5, 2023 8:29 AM

Dec 2015
MangoSamurai said:
Yeah because the phrase "travel to another world" has never been added to any VR goggle advertisement ever. headass

Is your reality defined by marketing campaigns?
Aug 5, 2023 8:30 AM

Mar 2020
icefirestone23 said:
reality is Japan has tried consistently to branch out for other ln genres. They pushed Spy Classroom hard, and put a big marketing campaign but it didn't hit number one. They barely put any effort into Isekai cheat skill, and it is now the number one selling LN.
The Waifu bait romance is also never going away. look at angel spoils me rotten, dress up darling, shikimori
I do see your point and i do agree with it, but IIRC isekai cheat skill was unique in that the mc could travel in between the worlds, and for recent anime watchers thats a rare premise so that might explain the insane popularity.
Aug 5, 2023 8:32 AM

Jan 2009
japanese fans demands more isekai so just ignore the genre then there are other genres of anime out there
Aug 5, 2023 8:36 AM

Sep 2018
If isekai didn't exist, we'd have the same low quality stuff but in a pure fantasy setting; it's not like the writing skills of the average LN author would magically improve.

P.S. The premise of Reborn as a Vending Machine is super silly but way more interesting than the typical generic OP MC.
Aug 5, 2023 8:37 AM

Apr 2022
I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level is a good anime in my opinion. I agree with the rest of the list tho, it seems like the creators are out of ideas the last years.
Aug 5, 2023 8:38 AM

Mar 2021
woomyBoy said:
icefirestone23 said:
I do see your point and i do agree with it, but IIRC isekai cheat skill was unique in that the mc could travel in between the worlds, and for recent anime watchers thats a rare premise so that might explain the insane popularity.
There was some uniquneness to it I do agree.  The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody felt like Mischief of Demon King Academy 2.0. I also do think too much of the ln scene is dominated by isekai like Overlord, Re Zero, Konosuba, Tensura till the point it sort of erased sci fi light novels now. Since Sci fi light novels struggling getting mecha animators. Overlord and Tensura feel like the same the story.
Aug 5, 2023 8:41 AM

Apr 2015
Risa92 said:
MangoSamurai said:

Ofc I think it's okay. Other people spend thousands to buy a car that goes far beyond the basic usage of getting from point A to point B. Why shouldn't fans of Gatcha games not spending their money as they like? That's just a boring normie way of thinking since nobody complains about things that are socially more acceptable but as "useless" like expensive wine, cars, watches etc...
People can buy 10k watches and expensive cars if they have the financial capabilities to do so, It doesnt really present any problem. But there are plenty of times we can criticize peoples behaviour if it does present an issue. Directors and fans of cinema were rightfully upset at the 70+ showings of Dr Strange for killing the competition in a sort of marvel monopoly
SkyfallStar said:
MangoSamurai said:

Is your reality defined by marketing campaigns?
Reality is more then often defined by democracy aka majority opinion. You really are too pedantic. 
Aug 5, 2023 8:42 AM

Mar 2020
icefirestone23 said:
woomyBoy said:
There was some uniquneness to it I do agree.  The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody felt like Mischief of Demon King Academy 2.0. I also do think too much of the ln scene is dominated by isekai like Overlord, Re Zero, Konosuba, Tensura till the point it sort of erased sci fi light novels now. Since Sci fi light novels struggling getting mecha animators. Overlord and Tensura feel like the same the story.
I agree that greatest demon as typical nobody was v similar to DKA. And yes that quartet is fine but the copies of those stories are garbage, i do understand why you feel overlord and tensura feel the same but they def dont give the same vibe

Aug 5, 2023 8:45 AM

Jul 2022
so im a spider so what is one of the worst example you could give in my opinion. It's definitely not copy paste, especially considering the season ending. Still waiting for a second season.
Aug 5, 2023 8:49 AM
Jul 2018
MangoSamurai said:
Risa92 said:
People can buy 10k watches and expensive cars if they have the financial capabilities to do so, It doesnt really present any problem. But there are plenty of times we can criticize peoples behaviour if it does present an issue. Directors and fans of cinema were rightfully upset at the 70+ showings of Dr Strange for killing the competition in a sort of marvel monopoly

I mean, I see your point, but lot of people actually love Marvel. I have a good friend, who read the comics since the 2000s and there is much more to that universe than just a hype and in direct comparison, the whole Marvel universe is far above your average isekai writing-wise.
Also both the success of Oppenheimer and Barbie shows that other movies still have a chance, although I too think Marvel gets out too many movies a year.

In anime we are also far, far away from isekais getting the same attention and monopol as Marvel does in cinemas.
There are a big chunk of other series (Jujutsu Kaisen, Bungou Stray Dogs, Undead Girl Murder Farce, Zom100, My Happy Marriage ...) that are neither isekais nor "waifu bait romances" as someone above titled them.
Aug 5, 2023 8:53 AM

Feb 2016
SkyfallStar said:
Your words only make sense if one believes our own reality is virtual, which is quite the fringe view.
その目だれの目?
Aug 5, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2022
agreed except for one title "full dive" there which is an actually incredible title.
Aug 5, 2023 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
Risa92 said:
MangoSamurai said:

I mean, I see your point, but lot of people actually love Marvel. I have a good friend, who read the comics since the 2000s and there is much more to that universe than just a hype and in direct comparison, the whole Marvel universe is far above your average isekai writing-wise.
Also both the success of Oppenheimer and Barbie shows that other movies still have a chance, although I too think Marvel gets out too many movies a year.

In anime we are also far, far away from isekais getting the same attention and monopol as Marvel does in cinemas.
There are a big chunk of other series (Jujutsu Kaisen, Bungou Stray Dogs, Undead Girl Murder Farce, Zom100, My Happy Marriage ...) that are neither isekais nor "waifu bait romances" as someone above titled them.
I think the love of something is not negated by the fact something becomes too oversaturated. I think it just makes it less special. On the surface I can agree with your assesment its not as big of a problem in Isekai as in Marvel. But also dont forget that anime is an entirely different industry model then live actionfilm. Much more so that animators are limited, all studios have connections to each other. The fact that many isekai gets made is undoubtably having an impact on the rest of the industry, directly or indirectly, surface or under the surface. Its great that unique anime can thrive, sadly i feel not enough for my liking though.
Aug 5, 2023 9:05 AM

Sep 2010
SkyfallStar said:
MangoSamurai said:

Literally every single Japanese person will tell you SAO is an isekai so why do you think you know better than them?
Aug 5, 2023 9:07 AM

Jul 2022
In this instance, there's no use crying over spilled milk. The industry isn't going to cater to the demands of international fans unless the show that they are adapting is significantly influential enough where it will be popular globally regardless of what they do: the Demon Slayers, One Pieces, and the Dragon Balls of the world are the exception to the norm in regard to the anime industry. If isekai is in demand in Japan, then there will be more isekai regardless of the cost, quality, or quantity of the medium. If the demand in Japan goes down, then you won't see isekai slop anymore. The most you should do is just watch whatever you want to watch, which I am sure you do anyway.
Aug 5, 2023 9:08 AM

Jun 2014
How people aren't sick to death of Isekai anime is beyond me.
Aug 5, 2023 9:14 AM

Dec 2015
ateks said:
Literally every single Japanese person will tell you SAO is an isekai so why do you think you know better than them?

Maybe because the author Reki Kawahara told himself that the series is not an isekai?

https://twitter.com/kunori/status/1117418009679683585
Aug 5, 2023 9:17 AM

Sep 2010
SkyfallStar said:
ateks said:

Maybe because the author Reki Kawahara told himself that the series is not an isekai?

https://twitter.com/kunori/status/1117418009679683585

Nowhere in this tweet does it say it's not isekai ?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny?

Ri-KoRin - 59 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» Your Favourite Anime Quotes!

on-luffy - Dec 2, 2023

44 by Lhundrup »»
14 minutes ago

» Lifespan of an Anime fan?

Ex-Aid - 2 hours ago

13 by Euhi »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the harem genre trashy? ( 1 2 )

JustSomeone15 - May 19

59 by Zarutaku »»
27 minutes ago

» Going through shows you saw a decade ago, have they fell off?

Dragevard - 12 hours ago

24 by Daviljoe193 »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.